Terroristan - April 24, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by Falijee »

Sir Jahil Ham-Eid's " I Told You So Movement " About Ganja And His Family . Lal Topi Stands Vindicated !!!

Zaid Hamid
‏Verified account @ZaidZamanHamid
Jun 24

Now the British media is ripping them apart, exposing much more than what we knew already....
NAB, SC.....more references are needed...lock these pirates for life and recover our wealth...

Ganja And His Family Dubbed As "Penthouse Pirates" :D
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Fauj Selected As "Election Policeman" :mrgreen:

Pakistan Army to Provide Security for Printing and Transport of Ballot Papers: ECP
Spokesman of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) Altaf Ahmed Khan Monday said that printing and transportation of ballot papers will be done under the strict security of Pak Army personnel.
Talking to Radio Pakistan, he said that there are three phases involved from printing of ballot papers till handing over to the returning officers.
He said the printing of ballot papers will be carried out by printing press of Pakistan, Printing Corporation, and Postal Foundation Printing Press. After the printing of ballot papers the phase of transportation of the papers to the concerned returning officers is also the responsibility of election commission, he added.
The Paki Fauj will also decide who is going to be the governing party ( As it stands right now, the Fauj is "leaning" towards Imran , but things could well change, before election !)
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Somebody, Somewhere Is Tarnishing The "Good Name" Of The Paki Fauj :twisted:

ISPR asks public to report about fake calls from army impersonators
ISLAMABAD: The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Monday asked the general public to immediately inform the Pakistan Armed Forces on emergency helpline if they received any fake phone calls from army impersonators seeking private information from them. “Please be aware that no such calls are being made from Pakistan Armed Forces. Public is requested not to respond to such calls, and immediately report the same on emergency helpline (UAN 1135 and 1125),” ISPR said in a press release.“There are reports of fake telephone calls being made to general public by individuals impersonating as Pakistan Armed Forces officials. The impersonators try to seek personal details like Computerised National Identity Cards (CNIC), bank accounts etc on the pretext of census verification, etc,” it added.
Is there a difference between "army impersonators" and army officers NOT impersonating :twisted:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Politico "Smells" US Conspiracy In Coming Paki Election :D

How US influence Pakistan elections, reveals Chaudhry Shujaat?
June 25, 2018
LAHORE: Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid President and former prime minister Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain has expressed grave concerns over the statement of Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) secretary which he has given during briefing to the Senate Standing Committee on Interior that international forces want to sabotage 2018 election and he is ready to give in a camera briefing about these dangers.
( Pakistan has been ranked as THE Conspiracy Capital Of The World !)
Shujaat Hussain expressed the apprehensions that the same conspiring forces presently have also made inroads in the political parties. He said this is not happening for the first time, this conspiracy was also hatched in 2013 when US Vice President Joe Biden, former secretary of state Senator John Kerry and former secretary of defense Chuck Hagel came to Chaudhry Parvez Elahi in “our house in Lahore and categorically stated that if your party wins the election, US will not accept the results. I have also mentioned this conspiracy in detail in my book also which proves that external forces have been involved in Pakistan politics earlier on as well”.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Threat issued to bomb NAB headquarters, says chairman Javed Iqbal
LAHORE: Chairman of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal Monday revealed that the anti-graft body was issued a threat to blow up its headquarters with explosives.The NAB chairman was addressing officers at the NAB’s Lahore complex, where he made the revelation.
"But the decision of life and death rests with Allah," he said, vowing that the war against corruption will continue without discrimination.
"Some people want the anti-graft body to arrest politicians so that they become political martyrs ahead of the elections," NAB sources quoted Iqbal as saying."But the NAB makes arrests on the basis merit in cases under investigation, not on anyone's wishes."The NAB chief said that they aimed to safeguard only Pakistan's interests and eliminate corruption from the country.
In Pakistan, name of Allah is invoked for "everything under the sun" !
He further vowed that corruption cases would be forwarded to accountability courts with concrete evidence.
No details provided by NAB Chief. Could be an "election ploy" of some kind or the other. Maybe, no threat at all was received . !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

S.C. Of Pakiland Distances Itself In The Matter Of Repatriation Of Al- Qaeda Agent , Dr Aafia Siddiqui From US Prison :D

SC rejects petition requesting Aafia Siddiqui's repatriation
The Express Tribune
ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Monday rejected Fowzia Siddiqui’s petition regarding the repatriation of her sister Aafia from the United States.The three-judge bench headed by the Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar resumed the hearing of Siddiqui’s petition. Previously, the SC had admitted the petition and heard arguments. Siddiqui had also submitted a report presented by the consul general of Pakistan in Texas.
Justice Nisar questioned how the top court of Pakistan can direct US authorities and then directed the applicant to approach a US court to address the grievances. “We took up the matter only to know whether she is alive or not. it is learnt that she is alive and now we cannot do anything in this matter,” Justice Nisar added.
It also recommended that a detailed note is sent to the US Department of Justice for an inquiry into the allegations of physical and sexual abuse Aafia spoke of. CG Farooqui also suggested a formal request to be made to the US Department of Justice to restrict male staff members into her unit and to ensure her safety.
Siddiqui- an Al-Qaeda Agent, currently married to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed nephew , is languishing in a US prison. Her "supporters" in Pakiland claim that she was kidnapped and "sold" by Mush to CIA in order to collect "bounty money" . She however denies that she is affiliated with Al - Qaeda in any way . !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Another Example That CJP Nisar - After The "Gamechanger" CPEC - Is The Magic Elixir For Solving ALL Pakiland Problems :mrgreen:

Jobless PhD degree holders ask CJP to take sou moto notice :D
ISLAMABAD: In utter disappointment, the young jobless PhDs degree holders appealed to the chief justice to take sou moto notice after the failure of Higher Education Commission (HEC) to honour its commitment of providing ‘respectable’ jobs.In their request, a number of PhD holders complained to Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar that the lack of jobs has caused brain drain and frustration among the educated scholars in the country.
Ph D's jobless in Pakistan . Did not know that. ! Maybe, the Ph.D degree was issued by Axact University ( A Dawood Ebrahim "enterprise" ) :twisted:
They appealed to the CJP that according to articles 5-7 (fundamental rights), joblessness is an issue of prime importance as numerous Pakistani scholars are on roads due to an ‘elitist educational mafia’ in the country.Majority of the PhDs (671) from foreign and local universities in Pakistan are suffering because of non-provision of permanent jobs in the Pakistani universities and other departments.They alleged that the illegal appointments without advertisements and selection boards in various universities of Pakistan, including Multan’s Bahauddin Zakariya University, University of Sargodha and others, were noticed by the Punjab HEC where even hundreds of retired professors were hired on heavy salaries depriving the young people.
What can the "poor" CJP do in this matter. If reports are to be believed, he himself is going to join the ranks of the unemployed in a couple of months . And if rumours are to be believed , he is , like Raheel Sharif is "angling" for Chief Legal Officer position , in the newly created 49 Nation Muslim NATO, Legal Department . Maybe, he could bring these unemployed Pee Ech Dees with him there :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

The Farce Of "Fraudster Dar" Being Sick :D

Dar’s new medical report shows ‘slight’ improvement in health
ISLAMABAD: A new medical report of former finance minister Ishaq Dar, which was submitted to the Supreme Court (SC) on Monday, stated that Dar’s condition has “slightly improved”, while the former finance minister has said that he will return to Pakistan to face the corruption proceedings when doctors advise him to.
The report maintains that Dar’s condition has improved by 10-15 per cent but pain still exists in his arms. It says that the movement of his neck is quite limited and he suffers discomfort due to the ache. Doctors have suggested additional eight-week physiotherapy of the former minister in the medical report.
Dar, the previous Finance Minister under Nawaz, and also his brother-in- law, is a London trained CA. He is the brains behind Ganja's immense ill-gotten wealth and his London real estate properties, that are currently in the news. If social media is to be believed , he was seen walking on the roads of London like a healthy man. Note : Medical reports can be "purchased" anywhere for the right price :mrgreen:
“After two months, a new MRI of Ishaq Dar will be conducted. If his condition did not improve, the option of surgery will be reconsidered,” says the report. :D
The report dated June 8, 2018, has been prepared by neurosurgeon Richard Galan. More credible than a Paki origin doctor signing the report :mrgreen:
On Sunday, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader was spotted walking out of the Harley Street Clinic where deposed prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s wife is under treatement. A journalist attempted to question him but he walked away without giving any answer.
The PML-N leader remained in London where he is reportedly undergoing a medical treatment for a heart disease.
Heart disease, is the "favorite illness" of Paki politicians . Mush, was seen dancing to a Bollywood tune in a nite club in Dubai. And this was after, he claimed that he was suffering from back problem and heart disease !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

This Gloomy Write Up Suggests That Pakistan Is Resigned To Being Put On The Dreaded Black List Of FATF :twisted:

Finance minister to defend Pakistan as FATF weighs placement on blacklist
The Express Tribune
June 25, 2018
The country’s interim Finance Minister Dr Shamshad Akhtar is set to defend Pakistan in Paris where the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) will decide after a six-day meeting whether the country should be placed on the blacklist of countries that financially aid terrorism.
Currently placed on the ‘grey list’, Pakistan faces the prospect of being placed on the blacklist which would have the country included in the international sanctions list. In February, the country narrowly escaped placement, but a senior official of the FATF confirmed that Pakistan will be placed on the watch-list coming June.
Not sure, what he is trying to convey here !
The delegation, including officials from the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), finance ministry and the Financial Monitoring Unit (FMU), will inform the anti-money laundering and terror financing watchdog of the action plan drafted to avoid sanctions.
IMO, Pakistan is not serious about taking the necessary measures !
Amid increasing global pressure to move decisively against proscribed organisations, Pakistan reviewed its new draft action plan for submission to global bodies working on curbing money laundering and terror financing.The action plan was reviewed just two days before the filing of comments to the observations raised by the Asia Pacific Group (APG) on money laundering.
Even if the report is approved , the question still remains whether on one pretext or the other, Pakistan fails to implement the measures or does a lukewarm implementation to escape the punitive measures !
The federal government does not see any major impact of the FATF’s decision on its economy and the country’s then-de facto finance minister said that during 2012 to 2015 period, Pakistan signed agreements with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and issued sovereign bonds in international capital markets.
This is totally false . If, on the blacklist, Pakistan will become a pariah like NOKO and Iran !
Pakistan’s financial system was strong and its anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing regimes were among the most stringent in the world, said Dr Miftah Ismail earlier. :((
The decision to place a member country on the FATF list is usually taken in light of the Mutual Evaluation, so FATF’s latest move suggests that Pakistan was falling victim to international politics, government officials said while requesting anonymity.
Preparing the Abduls for the "bad news" !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakis Forced To Escape Pakiland : One Hazara "Flees To" Switzerland ; One Transgender "Finds Asylum" In Sweden ; One Ahmedi "Settles In" Massaland :(

‘I had to run for my life’: Pakistanis who were forced to flee
June 23, 2018
KARACHI: They say he who has a why to live for can bear almost any how. Abdul Aziz’s life was beset with tragedy as one terrorist attack after another targeted his community in Quetta. He saw only one way out: by sea.The problem was, he was just 15 years old and still in school. Even if he cleared his exams, he would have taken another step forward towards uncertainty. “For intermediate, I had to take risk of getting enrollment in Musa College which was located in a no-go area for us – Hazaras,” says Abdul.In the last five years, around 509 members of the Shia Hazara community have been killed and 627 have been injured, according to a report by the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR). However, community leaders have told the Senate that more than 3,000 Hazaras have been killed since 2011.
Now 20, Abdul lost his elder brother in the Alamdar Road blast which took place in February of 2013. “After that, I said to myself I had had enough. I couldn’t take it anymore.”With his parents’ permission, Abdul began preparing for a 40-day journey from Quetta to Switzerland in August 2015.“I faced treacherous water currents, days and nights without food, humiliation in refugee camps in Europe; yet all of it seemed insignificant to me when I thought of the situation in Quetta for Hazaras,” he says.
Abdul went to Iran, his first stop out of Pakistan and onto a journey for a better tomorrow. “I was stranded in Iran for two weeks before my agent could make me cross the Turkish border because there had been cross-border firing. I remember walking by foot for 11 hours after a bus took us near the border and we had to cross it surreptitiously,” he says.He arrived at Greece from Turkey via sea. He was piled into a barely functioning boat along with many other families also seeking refuge. “We were around 50 people on board with women and children when in the middle of the sea, the boat’s machine stopped working,” he recalls. Fortunately, another boat came to their rescue and guided them to shore.
For months, Abdul went from one police station to other, from one camp to another for registration. “Sometimes we were awakened during the night after a tiring day and dispatched to another camp because we were running out of our stay time. Long story short, I ended up at Switzerland after more than 40 days and was confined in a camp.”
Away from his family, Abdul recalls how he saw a familiar face from Quetta inside the camp in Switzerland. “I couldn’t believe my eyes and thought I was dreaming but there were my people from my area. We sat together that day and shared our painful experiences as tears rolled down our eyes.”
“Life here is very tough and came at an exorbitant price of Rs1.2million but at least I am far away from the horrors I grew up seeing,” he says.
A trans man in Pakistan
“I am glad you’re listening to me because people don’t get to hear our side of story and assume we fled the country for better opportunities,” says Sumair Ali Khan, 26, a trans man who has sought asylum in Sweden after facing threats to his life in Pakistan.Sumair was born a girl but at the age of eight, he figured out he was not ‘girly’ enough. When he hit puberty, his mother had had enough and told him to act like a girl.“I was into sports and would play with boys in the streets. But when I turned 13, my family forbade me from going out and I would be confined to my home,” Sumair recalls.
Depressed and alone in his struggle, Sumair asked his maulvi sahab about gender and sex-change operations. “He told my parents right away and I was brutally beaten up by my father,” says Sumair.Things weren’t any better outside his home. In school, Sumair was looked down upon and bullied for being too manly. “No one would like to sit with me and I had no friends. Even teachers would ridicule me.”
On "paper", transgender are "officially recognized " in Pakiland . In reality, it is a different story as this man narrates !
At 18, he attempted to suicide but fortunately survived. This was a turning point in his life. His parents gave him space and he began considering transitioning. But in Pakistan, he says, being a trans man is dangerous.“I consulted a psychiatrist because I was diagnosed with severe depression. The therapist I went to said he would apply electric shock therapy for me to make me feel better. I decided that day, it’s not going to work out here.”He came out to his mother at the age of 22 and told her his wish of transitioning into a man. “My father would try to get my brothers to talk me out of it. He was really unwell by that time, but despite that, he told me that if he had strength, he would kill me right away,” Sumair says.Last year, three men on a motorbike stopped him in the Karachi’s Gulshan area and pulled out a gun. “Today, we’re just showing this to you. Next time, we’ll use it on you if don’t mend your un-Islamic ways,” Sumair quoted them as saying. Consequently, he had to take shelter at one of his friend’s place and kept a low profile.
Sumair then applied for a training event in Sweden that was held for activists in South Asia. He got selected and once there, engaged with people from Sweden’s trans community to help him file for asylum. He had saved up enough from his job in Pakistan as a graphic designer. “No one would like to leave 25 years of memories behind and seek asylum. I had to run for my life,” Sumair says.Currently, he is residing at a safe house in Sweden which exclusively for the LGBTQ community who seek refuge there.
Being Ahmadi
A bright student from Rabwah, Kashif Chaudhry was excited to begin his dream of being a doctor. He was in his first year at King Edward Medical University when the 9/11 attacks took place. “A classmate come to my room and told me: ‘Next time it will be your people’.”Pakistani law prohibits Ahmadis from calling themselves Muslims, and they are classified as a minority. “The situation would have been a bit different if it was only society that discriminated against us. But, sadly, the state is also involved in this apartheid against us,” he says.Kashif had hoped that despite this, he would be able to stay in Pakistan but after many incidents against his community, his dreams of serving his countrymen began to fade. “When I was in my third year at the medical college, two high-profile Ahmadi doctors were killed.
“I have faced hatred and animosity everywhere in Pakistan. Anti-Ahmadi posters calling us traitors were splashed across the walls on the streets as well as the ‘prestigious’ college I studied at.”In one incident, his classmate’s brother showed him a pistol and told him he would soon be targeted. “During my last year in college, I went to my college mess where the manager asked me if I was Qadiani. I said I am an Ahmadi. He replied that my food should be poisoned.”
n 2008, having finished his studies in Lahore, Kashif went to the US to clear an examination and intended to stay for three months before going back to Pakistan. However, seeing that the situation had worsened for Ahmadis in Pakistan, he filed for asylum.“I knew that an outspoken person like me would be killed within two years if I carried on speaking out about the persecution [the Ahmadiyya community faces],” he says.Kashif is active on social media, especially on Twitter, where he has thousands of followers and often raises awareness about the violence and discrimination his community faces in Pakistan. He hopes to return one day to a safer Pakistan. "safer Pakistan" unlikely in the near future !
PS: Pakistan is a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council . Go figure !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Talat Aslam Retweeted
Saleem
‏ @memzarma
Jun 22

Rs 62 b raised from public 4 DHA Valley were transferred to accounts of Bahria towan but Bahria Town failed to develop the scheme. The DHA Valley scheme was meant for bereaved families of martyred military personnel. Names of Gen Kayani’s brothers in scam.

NAB to probe scam involving DHA, Bahria Town, CDA
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

"Strong Islam Mix" In The Paki Political Hell- Hole. Sponsored By "Deep State" :mrgreen:
Talat Aslam Retweeted

Zia Ur Rehman
‏Verified account @zalmayzia
Jun 22

Is Tehreek Labaik Pakistan emerging as a challenger to MQM, PPP and MMA in #Karachi? https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/332522 ... pp-and-mma … I report. #GE2018

-Eid "Toffa" For Free Wrapped In Islami Green, ready for pick-up :D
- And the TLP has gone "high tech" as well . SMS and "we" take care of the rest :D

- Nana Mujahids "also welcome" :D
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

So many worthy BRF posters are posting from harami sources. Could you guys please post a warning so that I can protect my computer from Djinn infestation by doing a Varaha Kavacham?
Gautam
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Falijee wrote:Convoluted Headline To Salvage Paki Echendee :roll:

Pakistan outplayed by India in Champions Trophy opener :roll:
THE BUSINESS ( New Kid On The Paki On-line Media Block !)
Jun 23, 2018
Pakistan was humiliated by India ( This should have been the Header :twisted: !) in the FIH Champions Trophy hockey tournament when their arch-rivals opened the campaign with a stunning 4-0 win in Breda, Netherlands on Saturday.

Tall Fair Tight Arsed aka TFTA Mohammadden Momin from the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic Of Pakistan get crushed by Short Dark Rice Eating aka SDRE Kaafir Dhimmi Indian Hindu’s in Kabaddi for second time in this year’s ongoing Kabaddi Masters tournament in Dubai:

Kabaddi Masters: India crush Pakistan again, this time by a 41-17 scoreline to enter semi-finals

The earlier match:

Kabaddi Masters: Captain Thakur’s heroics help India thrash Pakistan in 36-20 in opener
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

2 pilots martyred killed as PAF aircraft crashes at Peshawar Air Base
Two Pakistan Air Force (PAF) pilots were martyred killed on Tuesday when a trainer aircraft crashed during landing at the Peshawar Air Base, a PAF spokesperson said.
"Pakistan Air Force reports with regret that a PAF FT-7PG trainer aircraft, while recovering from a routine operational training mission, crashed during landing at Peshawar Air Base," the PAF statement reads.
About 11 or 12 F7-PGs/FT-7PGs have been lost during their 15 years in service. The PAF has more than 50 of the Chinese-made aircraft in its fleet.
The losses of F7-PGs/FT-7PGs in air crashes are within normal limits, aviation experts claim.
:roll:
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

g.sarkar wrote:So many worthy BRF posters are posting from harami sources. Could you guys please post a warning so that I can protect my computer from Djinn infestation by doing a Varaha Kavacham?
Gautam
+100

And cut out the URL shortening too please.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Honour and Dignity aka H&D of the Mohammadden Terrorism Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan may be maintained by saying that there has been an improvement in the Islamic Republic’s person-power quality so much so ratio of 1 Momin Pakistani equalling 4 Hindu Kaafir Dhimmi’s has progrssed to 1 Momin Pakistani equalling 25 Hindu Kaafir Dhimmi’s:
In 1989/90, as many as 7,010 Pakistani students were enrolled in US universities and those from India were 26,240 ie a ratio of 1:4. By 2014-15 the disparity is simply astounding — 132,888 Indians vs only 5,354 Pakistanis, a ratio of 1:25. Most of the Indians were enrolled for advanced degrees in STEM subjects in leading universities. Faculty members and research scientists of Indian origin run into the thousands while we have only a handful of Pakistanis. In an earlier search for recruiting faculty for IBA, I found there were 250 faculty members of Indian origin teaching in the top 10 business schools in the US while we were represented by only four young women.
From here:

Expat Pakistani talent
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

US Supreme Court backs Trump on travel ban targeting Muslim-majority nations

WASHINGTON: The US Supreme Court on Tuesday handed Donald Trump one of the biggest victories of his presidency, upholding his travel ban targeting several Muslim-majority countries.

The 5-4 ruling, with the court's five conservatives in the majority, ends for now a fierce fight in the courts over whether the policy represented an unlawful Muslim ban. Trump can now claim vindication after lower courts had blocked his travel ban announced in September, as well as two prior versions, in legal challenges brought by the state of Hawaii and others.

The court held that the challengers had failed to show that the ban violates either US immigration law or the US Constitution's First Amendment prohibition on the government favoring one religion over another.

Writing for the court, Chief Justice John Roberts said that the government "has set forth a sufficient national security justification" to prevail.

"We express no view on the soundness of the policy," Roberts added.

The ruling affirmed broad presidential discretion over who is allowed to enter the United States. It means that the current ban can remain in effect and that Trump could potentially add more countries. Trump has said the policy is needed to protect the country against attacks by Islamic militants.

The current ban, announced in September, prohibits entry into the United States of most people from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen. The Supreme Court allowed it to go largely into effect in December while the legal challenge continued.

The challengers have argued the policy was motivated by Trump's enmity toward Muslims and urged courts to take into account his inflammatory comments during the 2016 presidential campaign. Trump as a candidate called for "a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States."

The travel ban was one of Trump's signature hardline immigration policies that have been a central part of his presidency and "America First" approach. Trump issued his first version just a week after taking office, though it was quickly halted by the courts.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Terroristan - Exports and Imports of Goods & Services (Billion US $ )

July 2017 – June 2018 : 11 Months : 32.667

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:"Strong Islam Mix" In The Paki Political Hell- Hole. Sponsored By "Deep State" :mrgreen:
Talat Aslam Retweeted

Zia Ur Rehman
Jun 22

Is Tehreek Labaik Pakistan emerging as a challenger to MQM, PPP and MMA in #Karachi? https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/332522 ... pp-and-mma … I report. #GE2018

]-Eid "Toffa" For Free Wrapped In Islami Green, ready for pick-up :D
- And the TLP has gone "high tech" as well]
Note that the followers are asked to send in their CNIC numbers. Isn't that invasion of privacy? Those numbers can be used to create fake IDs and fake voters.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Gas rates to be massively increased from July 1

ISLAMABAD: The interim government is all set to drop the gas bomb on the masses, as Ogra has determined a mammoth raise of 300 percent in gas tariff for domestic consumers and 30 percent increase each for commercial, industrial and power sector. Earlier on June 12, the government had increased the price of petrol by Rs4.26 and diesel Rs6.55 per litre.

The raise in gas prices, to be effective from July 1, will pass a huge burden of Rs160 billion on to the masses bringing in its wake a new spate of inflation.

The gas tariff for tandoors has been increased by 300 percent, meaning that the price of roti will also surge. The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority has increased the average gas price up to 629 per MMBTU from Rs234 per MMBTU. The PML-N regime on account of short-term political gains did not increase the gas price in four years due to which the gas utilities’ deficit multiplied manifold and it was almost impossible for them to survive without the required hike in tariff. And this has forced the regulator to increase the gas price for domestic sector up to 300 percent and other categories by 30 percent.

In May this year, the government of Shahid Khan Abbasi silently communicated to Ogra to recover Rs117 billion from the masses in the head of four annual installments. Earlier, the gas prices were not allowed to increase and were artificially maintained by the government at Rs234 per MMBTU for political gains. However, increase in gas price will add a burden of Rs160 billion across the country.

According to the regulator’s determinations on the petitions of gas companies, the Sui Southern consumers will also have to pay Rs11 billion in the head of theft and line loss (UFG — unaccounted for gas).

More importantly, the consumers will also pay Rs23 billion for the new gas schemes the PML-N government had initiated to pocket votes in the forthcoming general elections. Chairperson Ogra Uzma Adil has announced the independence of the regulator by increasing the gas prices.

During the PML-N government era, she wanted to readjust the gas price upward, but the government continued to subdue the regulator. She also sent the Ogra decision to the government recommending enforcement of the new gas price with effect from July 1, 2018.

Documents show that the gas tariff for domestic consumers had been increased by 300 percent by comparing the price of LPG, and by doing so, the regulator conveyed a message that there will be no cheaper gas for domestic consumers at all.

It will end the discrimination against those domestic consumers who had no access to the piped gas and were using the LPG. The Ogra has increased the gas tariff by 50 percent to Rs314 per MMBTU for domestic consumers, which falls under the first slab. It increased the gas prices by 300 percent to Rs629 per MMBTU for the second slab gas consumers. The gas price has also been increased by 30 percent to Rs629 per MMBTU for third slab domestic consumers.

For commercial, industrial, fertilizer, CNG, cement and power sector, the Ogra has increased gas price by 30 percent. The Ogra has this time changed the mechanism of gas price by separating the cost of gas for Sui Northern and Sui Southern.

Meanwhile, the regulator has also sought details from the federal government about the Rs150 billion collected under infrastructure development cess and its spending details. The infrastructure development cess was imposed basically for laying down pipelines and development of other related projects, but the last government is said to have consumed the major chunk of the amount in its projects including the metro bus projects.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

anupmisra wrote:
Falijee wrote:"Strong Islam Mix" In The Paki Political Hell- Hole. Sponsored By "Deep State" :mrgreen:
Talat Aslam Retweeted

Zia Ur Rehman
Jun 22

]-Eid "Toffa" For Free Wrapped In Islami Green, ready for pick-up :D
- And the TLP has gone "high tech" as well]
Note that the followers are asked to send in their CNIC numbers. Isn't that invasion of privacy? Those numbers can be used to create fake IDs and fake voters.

Anupmisra-ji : The risk of your CNIC # going viral via social media is "highly probable" and is a "given" in the kind of environment that is Pakiland ! And , as yet the concept of "invasion of privacy" has not "invaded the shores" of Pakistan yet , what with the Mullah Brigade keeping its eyes open and minding everyone's business except their own :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Official Spokesperson For "Abbaji" Denies Media Report On London Properties :twisted:

Hussain Nawaz responds to UK daily’s report on London properties
LONDON: Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s elder son Hussain Nawaz says that his family doesn’t own the properties mentioned by a UK daily in its report on Sunday.
In an informal chat with journalists in London on Tuesday, Hussain admitted that his brother, Hasan Nawaz, was once involved in a business venture involving those properties, but he doesn’t own them anymore. Obviously a reply that is being given after "consulting" a lawyer, so as to be "not caught in the act of lying" . Very difficult to unearth the truth though ! Some Conspiracy Theorists of Pakiland have gone so far tas to conjure that the Harley Street Clinic where the Begum is "admitted" is "hook, line and sinker" owned ( including the doctors and nurses !) by the Ganja Sharif family !
He said that his family would respond to the report at an appropriate forum.Responding to a question, Hussain Nawaz said that there was no importance of NAB’s request to Interpol. “There is supremacy of law in UK, where unlawful actions cannot be accepted. NAB can do whatever it wants to,” he said.
The "Junior" is talking like a well trained lawyer !
The Daily Mail published a report about Nawaz Sharif and his sons, referring to the Avenfield apartments in London.
Some reports have suggested that the said daily has a track record of "fake news" !
The report stated: "The family has made huge profits from other sites which have not figured in court – such as the swankiest address of all, at One Hyde Park Place, which Nawaz Sharif’s son Hasan sold for £43 million. Untangling the web of the Sharifs' British real estate portfolio is not easy. The properties are registered via a bewildering network of companies, trusts and bank accounts."
Ishaq Dar, London trained CA, former Finance Minister, and brother in law of Nawaz did a "good job" of hiding the trail of Ganja Sharif's gol-maal, , but in the process wrecked the public finances of The Islamic Republic Of Pakistan , so much so that the Public Treasury is now almost empty, while the private fortune of Ganja and his extended family has soared like anything :mrgreen:
Speaking of his mother who remains under treatment at a London hospital, Hussain said that Begum Kulsoom's condition was more critical than earlier, adding that the doctors have increased her dose of anaesthetic given to her.
If it comes to the crunch, there is absolutely no doubt the PML Party will use The Begum's health as a tool to victory in the polls !
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistani scholars face bigger hurdles than Indian visa refusals in accessing global academia

The recent Association of Asian Studies conference held at Ashoka University in India highlighted an issue that scholars from South Asia have been dealing with for a very long time.

The issue in this case was not a paper or a panel discussion at the conference; instead it was the fact that attendees from Pakistan were banned by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) from obtaining visas to travel to India.

Let me be clear: the problem is not just that the Indian MEA categorically denied Pakistani scholars visas, but the fact that Pakistani scholars operate in an ever-shrinking space regionally and globally to hone their skills and share ideas.

Unlike other regions of the world, scholars in South Asia are at a disadvantage when it comes to sharing scholarly work with their regional peers.

Visa limitations are one element; others include the absence of a mechanism to have potent and constructive sharing of ideas on economy, policy, social sciences and STEM subjects.

The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) has had a difficult time creating such a framework when the two biggest countries in the organisation keep refusing to play ball.

Must read: Pakistan’s professor mafia

Specifically, for Pakistan, this is a serious issue as we are unable to benefit from the cutting edge regional knowledge being created and presented in journals, conferences and international forums.

Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and even Nepal seem to be on the same page given their cordial relationship, but Pakistan gets the short end as a result of its tensions with India. But that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Globally, the situation gets worse. Pakistani academics are few and far between in Europe and the US.

Dr Ishrat Hussain pointed out in his article recently that, over the last two and a half decades, the ratio of enrolled Pakistani students to Indian students in the US had fallen from 1:4 to 1:25.

He also acknowledged the issue that, while Indian-origin faculty is represented in nearly all top research universities in the US, Pakistani academics in the US are few and far between.

Based on personal experience within the field of political science, I concur with him on this assessment.

The lack of Pakistani-origin faculty in top universities matters because it reduces the chances for future Pakistani students to have access to these schools, have successful careers and forge paths for others to follow.

Imagine being a young Pakistani student looking for someone to just seek advice from when considering doing a PhD from US or Australia.

You want to talk to an academic who is at a university in those places to get a clearer idea of what you are getting into and someone who can understand your context when you ask such questions.

Now imagine that, in department after department, you find no one who can relate to you, simply because there aren’t enough academics that Pakistan produces who can join such institutions.

The other problem is that of access. We talk about the lack of Pakistani academics and students in Western academia, but we never seem to discuss what helps Indian academics and students to be present practically everywhere.

While Pakistanis are sold the myth of only heading out to the top 20 or 30 universities in the world, our Indian counterparts tend to focus on a wide array of universities.

So, to begin with, Indian academics and students have a wider network to work with and build upon, while their Pakistani counterparts are stuck in a very narrow stream.

And yes, while the quality of work changes, the reality is that a critical mass and volume makes a difference with regards to visibility.

Related: I’m a professor and here’s how Pakistani public universities fabricate research degrees

Lastly, another issue that is often not discussed is the kind of economic and financial resources that are available to Indian scholars compared to those offered to Pakistani scholars.

While in India, commercial banks offer specific educational and career loan products to those seeking higher education abroad, in Pakistan our scholars hardly have access to such products. This limits the number of Pakistani students seeking education in the US and European countries.

Add to this the fact that Pakistani students must compete for open scholarships and Higher Education Commission-funded (HEC) programmes that further limits their access to education abroad.

Let me explain why I say that the HEC-funded programmes create a different set of issues. While students who get these scholarships can go abroad for education, they do not get a chance to develop and improve on their long-term career prospects.

Even the brightest minds are yanked out of the global academic market to come serve time in Pakistan at a point in their careers where they would be better suited to get further training abroad and compete in those markets.

This could be addressed by simply stating that academics on HEC funding need not come back immediately, but in fact be given an option to spend three years at intervals of over 15 years of their careers in Pakistan. That would have a bigger impact instead of simply bringing them back after graduating.

Additionally, there is no harm in providing HEC guarantees for academics seeking to go abroad for educational conferences.

In fact, the HEC should have a structure where financial support is offered to scholars trying to attend international conferences. It is only with this kind of support that we can get our scholars exposed to international trends.

Read next: Why Pakistanis are among the least innovative in the world

The recent visa issues for Pakistani academics to India highlight just one of the many ways in which we are limited in our access to international forums and educational opportunities.

The problem is much bigger and multi-faceted as I have mentioned above; access is one facet of it while financial resource availability is another.

If we are serious about competing globally and having visibility across American and European academia, we need to rethink the financial resources we are offered, as well as the kind of foreign access our scholars are offered.

Till then, comparing our academics to Indian or even Bangladeshi ones is unfair because the kind of odds we are working against are extraordinary.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

German Amb. To Pakiland, The Hon. Herr Kobbler Has A "New Project" On The Go : Highlighting The "Water Problem" Of Pakistan :mrgreen:

German envoy visits drained Rawal Lake to highlight water scarcity

A Brand New Shalwaar Kameez would have looked better in this "oven" like weather of Isloo !
Turning to Twitter, the German envoy posted a picture of himself at the once surging Rawal Lake in Islamabad which now stands completely parched.“where did all the water go?? i visited rawal lake in #islamabad to see the effects of water scarcity & drought in #pakistan. shocking!!! parts of it look more like a desert than a lake.. hopefully the monsoon season will bring the much-needed
All this "PR-giri" and good work is not going to get him more Islamic "sawab" from the unwashed, thirsty and hungry Pakis. What they are looking for from this envoy is "open door visa policy" for "deserving Pakistanis" (ie "students," "immigrants," "visitors", "asylum seekers", "refugees", "tourists", Aam Abduls etc etc ) :mrgreen:

PS: Following his solo ( no security !) La-whore Metro Ride wearing a native shalwar kameez, and the subsequent social media publicity surrounding this recent event, Pakis were damn impressed but the German Embassy Visa Website was swamped with On Line Applications with the result that the Site crashed due to overload ! And the Envoy had to post some sort of a warning to the Pakis stating the visa rules have NOT been relaxed :twisted:
Last edited by Falijee on 26 Jun 2018 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Talat Aslam Retweeted

Zia Ur Rehman
Jun 22

-Eid "Toffa" For Free Wrapped In Islami Green, ready for pick-up :D
- And the TLP has gone "high tech" as well . SMS and "we" take care of the rest :D

- Nana Mujahids "also welcome" :D
AoA looks like they are distributing home made pums :shock:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Junior Zardari Back From London Jaunt :roll:

‘Sindh Nahi Darbaari Ka’, Bilawal reacts to Shahbaz’s election campaign in Karachi
KARACHI: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has strongly reacted to PMLN President Shahbaz Sharif’s election campaign in Karachi, saying ‘Vote Mangnay Niklay Hein--Rasta Tak Pata Nahi Liyari Ka” (They came here to ask for vote even they don’t know the route to Lyari).

IMO, Shahbaaz probably "knows" Lyari better that Bilawal , who is more comfortable in the posh area of Clifton ( Bilawal House ) where Dawood Ebrahim also has his digs !
But there is no doubt that Bhutto Jr will "beat" Showbaaz Sharif hands down when it comes to "knowing London in particular and Bartania in general " . That is his "own back yard". And he just got back from a "flying visit" there ! His neice "got hitched " there - to a jew !
Bilawal took to twitter after Shahbaz Sharif kick started election campaign in Karachi here Tuesday. PPP Chairman said “Mazdoor Ka Hay Haari Ka ---Sindh Nahi Darbaari Ka’ (Sindh does not belongs to sycophant, it belongs to peasants and labourers)
"Peasants and labourers" who fly to London and back for the weekend, just for a wedding :roll: ( without security clearance from the Deep State !)

PS: Not sure if he is "slacking off " on his Urdu lessons , because of the summer "social season" of London :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Chini Envoy : Dus Percenti Is The Initiator Of ( Gamechanger ) CPEC

Asif Zardari initiated CPEC, asserts Chinese diplomat Lijian Zhao
SLAMABAD – Lijian Zhao, Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) and Minister Counsellor at Chinese Embassy, has clarified that the idea of multi-billion dollars China Pakistan Economic Corridor was initiated by former President Asif Ali Zardari who introduced the prime minister in waiting to Premier Li to discuss the idea.
Addressing a seminar titled CPEC & Role of Media – Separating Facts from Misconceptions, Zhao said the success of all CPEC projects is based on transparency to minimise corruption.In a tweet, the official endorsed his comments, reiterating ( Ganja and his "now gone" Govt has been "claiming credit" all along for this !) that Asif Zardari was behind the project that links the South-Asian states.
So, this fellow Muslim ( Zhao ) is just setting the record straight ! ( he has now dropped the "Mohammed" from his "good name" :mrgreen: )
The Chinese official also negated the rumours that Chinese prisoners were employed in various CPEC projects across Pakistan, ( but the rumours are just not dying away, specially when the Chinese went "hunting" recently for Paki ( female ) flesh in Khanewal :mrgreen: ) highlighting that this project contributes to promoting Pakistan-China connectivity and will cement the ties between the two countries.
Meanwhile, Dr Ishrat Husain, former Governor State Bank of Pakistan, and Ikram Sehgal, member World Economic Forum, highlighted the importance of CPEC. To a query whether the lack of transparency and corruption in Pakistan could hit the CPEC projects, Sehgal replied that it depends on the outcome of July elections. :roll:
The comments of Chinese diplomat must have surprised the political analysts and Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, which has been taking the credit for bringing in billions of dollars under the banner of CPEC. :lol:
Ganja Sharif had been "proudly" cutting ribbons and laying foundation stones and plaques "taking credit himself " for this so called GAMECHANGER. High time, someone "corrected" these tall claims of Nawaz and give some "decent credit" to Dus Percenti and his PPP Party :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

History Will Likely Repeat Itself ! Pakistani Pilgrims Should Be Ready For Disappointment Again :twisted:

Hundreds of Pakistani in limbo as India delays visa for Hazrat Amir Khusro Urs
LAHORE – Pakistani devotees intending to visit India for the annual Urs of Hazrat Amir Khusro, which is going to start in two days in capital New Delhi, are facing great difficulty owning to visa issuance.The Urs, scheduled from June 28 to July 5, is attended by devotees from across the world. However, Pakistani pilgrims are yet to be granted the visa for the ceremony despite having sent applications to the Indian embassy in January.Earlier in March, at least 503 Pakistanis were refused visas for the Urs of Hazrat Khawaja Mohinuddin Chisti in Ajmer Sharif.
Tick it off as another "collateral damage" , IMO !
The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony had submitted passports of pilgrims willing to attend the Urs of Hazrat Amir Khusro after receiving a nod :roll: from the Indian High Commission.
"Verbal nod" from the Indian High Commission just won't do in these "stressful times". Paki authorities need to get written, certified and notarized approval- in triplicate, from at least three OFFICIAL , sources from the Govt Of India, based in Nai Dilli , before they can proceeds ( Tweeets from Shushma-ji will not be acceptable !) :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki Man Caught On Camera Putting Hair In Meal To Avoid Payment ( Guinness Book Of World Records :roll: )

Pakistani man puts hair in meal to avoid payment :!:
KARACHI – In a bizarre incident, a man was caught putting his hairs in the food served at Karachi’s local restaurant for just to avoid payment.
In a CCTV footage posted by the restaurant Masken Mandi, a middle-aged man can be seen ordering his food and later on plucks his eyelashes, hold them in hands, puts it on the half-eaten plate after he had finished most of his meal.
After the incident, the man started arguing with restaurant’s employees and left the eatery without paying the food bill.Laterwards, the food outlet issued a clarification and decried the move of the youngster, saying they were being defamed over a hoax.
Nothing new here ! It is also "practiced" on the national level as well ! BRF readers know it as Pakistaniyat :mrgreen:
souravB
BRFite

Post by souravB »

Another feather in the cap.
cheers Image
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

Falijee wrote:Chini Envoy : Dus Percenti Is The Initiator Of ( Gamechanger ) CPEC

Indeed. Such a big scam was a bit too far-fetched even for Ganja and took Zardari levels of corruption to imagine. :rotfl:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan’s foreign borrowing surges to $10b in 11 months

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has received nearly $10 billion in foreign loans in the past 11 months, and almost three-fourths have been utilised for budgetary support and meeting external financing requirements, underscoring that the amount cannot be returned without resorting to fresh borrowing.

The total loan disbursement from July through May of fiscal year 2017-18 stood at $9.98 billion, reported the Economic Affairs Division on Monday. The 11-month disbursements were significantly higher than the budgetary estimate of $7.7 billion.

As compared to five years ago, when about two-thirds of the loans used to be taken for project financing, now around 75% are obtained for budgetary support and building foreign currency reserves. This suggests that these loans have not been put into productive sectors of the economy, making it impossible to retire them without taking new loans.

From July through May, project financing stood at a mere $2.8 billion or 28% of the total disbursements, according to the EAD – a division working under the Ministry of Finance. Over half of the project financing went into only three projects – Orange Line Metro project, Thakot-Havelian project of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and Multan-Sukkur section of the CPEC – showed official statistics.

China disbursed $836 million for the Multan-Sukkur project, $296 million for Thakot-Havelian and $334 million for the Orange Line project, Lahore – the flagship scheme of former chief minister Shehbaz Sharif.

Overall, the government of China and its financial institutions provided $3.8 billion or 38.5% of the total loans received during the first 11 months of the current fiscal year. This includes $1.64-billion project financing from China and $2.2 billion as commercial loans by Chinese banks.

In addition to $3.8 billion direct disbursement of loans, China has also extended a $3-billion credit facility that Pakistan has also almost fully utilised to stabilise its nose-diving foreign currency reserves.

In May, Pakistan received another $493 million as foreign commercial loan from a consortium of Credit Suisse AG, taking the European bank’s contribution to $750 million during the current fiscal year.

Pakistan received $3.5 billion in foreign commercial loans in 11 months, which is equal to 35% of the total loans received during this period. It also floated $2.5 billion Eurobonds during the current fiscal year.

With the fresh borrowing of $10 billion, total foreign loans the last PML-N government obtained during its third stint (July 2013 to May 2018) have now increased to a record $44.8 billion.

Most of these loans have been obtained to help boost foreign currency reserves, finance a bulging current account deficit and for budgetary support.

Pakistan’s external debt and liabilities have soared to a record $92 billion as of March-end, an increase of over 50% or nearly $31 billion in the past four years and nine months, according to the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP). Out of total external debt and liabilities, the government’s public debt obligations including that of foreign exchange liabilities were $76.1 billion as of end March.

The public debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP) ratio peaked to 70.1% – as against 63% at the end of the PPP tenure. This ratio is far higher than the sustainable levels for a country like Pakistan. High debt levels are consuming over 30% of the federal government budget on account of debt servicing cost.

For the outgoing fiscal year 2017-18, the government had initially budgeted $7.7 billion worth of foreign economic assistance. The current account deficit has already peaked to $16 billion – 56% higher than the comparative period, and still one month is left in close of the fiscal year.

Despite obtaining heavy loans, the SBP and finance ministry have failed to retain gross official foreign currency reserves, which now stand at $10.1 billion. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that in case of low disbursements, Pakistan’s foreign currency reserves may slip to $9.4 billion by the end of June.

Project financing has been consistently declining in terms of its share in total foreign loans. Against Pakistan’s estimates of receiving over $1 billion from the World Bank, the Washington-based lender disbursed only $445 million in first eleven months, which was only 43% of the annual estimates.

Pakistan had also hoped to receive $1.1 billion from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in fiscal year 2017-18, but actual disbursements from July through May remained at $681 million. The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) disbursed $1.04 billion, which was equal to 66% of the annual estimates.

The loans received from China, IDB, foreign commercial banks and issuance of sovereign bonds pulled 87% of the total loans, indicating growing dependence on just these four sources of financing.

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistan Media Says It’s Targeted in Army’s ‘Systematic, Creeping, Coup’
Wall Street Journal
Saeed Shah
June 26, 2018
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan—A major Pakistani newspaper recently discovered the new limits of press freedom here after it published an interview with ousted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in which he questioned the military’s counterterrorism efforts.Soldiers confiscated copies of the Dawn newspaper in army-controlled regions, officials harassed its distributors, and cable TV networks dropped the group’s TV news station, the company says. The government, then still run Mr. Sharif’s own party, “condemned the fallacious assertions” made by him, after a meeting with top military brass. That happened a couple of months ago !
Pakistan’s powerful military is stifling the media ahead of a July 25 election, part of a larger power grab that seeks to ensure a pliant government emerges from the polls, say human-rights groups, politicians and media personnel.
“I’ve not seen this before under any democratic rule, not even under martial law,” said Hameed Haroon, Dawn’s CEO and president of the All Pakistan Newspapers Society, which represents newspaper owners. “They seek to influence the election results, influence the national narrative and liquidate the press.” Hameed Haroon, is also the owner of DAWN newspaper. His younger brother ( Hussein Haroon) was at one time Pakistan's permanent Rep to the UN. It was one time rumoured that Hameed Haroon - once upon a time , a US resident - was also "Massa's man in Pakiland" , whatever it means. ! .
The military declined to comment. But it has denied accusations of press censorship or political interference, and says it supports democracy.
Lip service to democracy and freedom of press.
Washington has long accused the Pakistan army of using militant groups as its proxies, including the Taliban in Afghanistan, a charge it denies. Pakistan’s military alleges that India uses Afghan territory to support Pakistani insurgents, an accusation that Delhi denies.
In this election, the military seeks to boost the party of Mr. Sharif’s toughest challenger, Imran Khan, to ensure that Mr. Sharif’s party loses its majority in parliament and must forge a coalition, say Mr. Babar and analysts.
Both the military and Mr. Khan’s party—which brought the lawsuit that led to Mr. Sharif’s court-ruled ouster and his current corruption trial—dismiss any links to one another. Mr. Sharif denies any corruption. The judiciary says it is independent.
Geo News, the leading news channel, was taken off air by cable companies for several weeks this year until it negotiated directly with senior military officials to be allowed back, say two people familiar with the talks.Several columnists at the group’s newspapers recently tweeted their reports when the papers wouldn’t publish them. Geo declined to comment. Security officials privately say they found Geo’s coverage too sympathetic toward Mr. Sharif.The Pakistan Broadcasters Association, which represents many channels, didn’t respond to a request to comment. But one of its members disputed the notion that editorial policy is compromised.
Newspaper and other media are dependent on govt advertising as a source of revenue. And they can be cut off from this revenue source if they step outside their boundaries :mrgreen:
“By and large I don’t see any coercive pressure,” said Taher Khan, owner of the News One channel and an association board member. “As a responsible media, we shouldn’t say anything that’s antistate,” he said. In Pakistan, the term antistate is often used to describe opinion critical of the military.At a press conference this month, Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor, the military’s spokesman, challenged any media owner or journalist who was told what to report by the military to disclose it on air. Typical Pakjabi boast. Obviously it is not as straight forward as the Maj- Gen's challenge !
Maj. Gen. Ghafoor also displayed a chart showing which journalists have retweeted “antistate and anti-army” posts on Twitter. He said “anti-Pakistan” Twitter accounts based abroad had grown fivefold between January and May this year.“We have to stay united, we have to defeat them,” he told journalists.The next day, Gul Bukhari, a journalist and military critic with dual British-Pakistani citizenship, was abducted by uniformed and plain clothes men in the Lahore military zone.
She was released hours later after her channel publicized the news and an outcry ensued. But journalists said the message was clear: No one is safe. In an interview, Ms. Bukhari said she has since sought police protection. Police say they are investigating.
The police are "afraid" to get involved when they suspect the hand of Deep State !
The military denies involvement in her abduction.
This is taqiyya !
Last year, five bloggers critical of the military said they were kidnapped by security officials, held for more than three weeks and badly tortured, they said after they were freed and fled abroad. One of the bloggers, Ahmad Waqass Goraya, said his parents, still in Pakistan, were threatened by military officials this month. The military denies involvement.Independent-minded reporters say they will persevere.“People who know the craft, they somehow push out information, using metaphors, sarcasm, signs, tone,” said Murtaza Solongi, the host of a political talk show on TV. “I don’t see censorship and self-censorship working.”
Hameed Haroon the owner of DAWN, has "powerful" friends in US. Doubt that the "Deep State" will be able to "touch" him !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

National Security Adviser Nasser Janjua resigns
June 27, 2018
National Security Adviser retired Lt Gen Nasser Janjua resigned from the post on Wednesday, allegedly due to differences with the interim government, DawnNewsTV reported, citing sources.
Janjua's resignation was accepted by Caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk, according to a notification issued by the Cabinet Division.
Janjua is the second military official to hold the post after Major General (r) Mehmood Durrani who was NSA during an earlier PPP government.
This is a developing story that is being updated as the situation evolves. Initial reports in the media can sometimes be inaccurate. We will strive to ensure timeliness and accuracy by relying on credible sources such as concerned, qualified authorities and our staff reporters.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Chief Justice Scolds Chief Crook Of Pakiland !

'Charity work cannot be done by bribing people,' chief justice schools Malik Riaz
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar on Tuesday appeared unimpressed by Malik Riaz's charity work — which the property tycoon mentioned more than once during a hearing connected to Bahria Town Karachi — pointing out that charity does not make up for occupying land illegally."Charity work cannot be done by bribing people," Justice Nisar pointedly said to Riaz, who swore that he had never bribed anyone.
Swearing - to disprove your guilt - is a common tactic in Pakistan !
Riaz tried to argue that he had built Bahria Town Karachi so that "Pakistan can grow from a third world country to a first world country"."We planned construction projects in the areas where people did not go [due to poor security]," he said, directing the court's attention towards the fact that the housing society project also included the "world's third largest mosque", as well as an old-age home, a zoo, schools, and other facilities.
More like creating an exclusive ghetto to stay away from suffering Aam Abduls . And also creates resentment, leading to further class wars !!
Justice Nisar, however, told Riaz that the court could not "allow [Riaz] to continue with illegal ventures just because of his religious projects". "You cannot Illegally occupy land and then do charity," he added.
Riaz has the solid backing of the upper levels of the fauj; let us see what happens now :mrgreen:
Riaz had appeared before the Supreme Court in a case pertaining to Bahria Town Karachi issuing notices to people who have already been allotted plots, commercial buildings or build-up units to make payments to a new bank account set up by the housing society.Earlier today, the chief justice had barred the housing society from collecting any payments, saying that the administration of Bahria Town Karachi had violated court orders by opening up a separate bank account to collect outstanding payments.
However, Riaz's counsel Aitzaz Ahsan on Tuesday denied that the housing society had issued notices to anyone.Riaz, who appeared in court after being summoned by the CJP, vowed that he would obey court orders, but urged Justice Nisar not to pass a verdict that would "affect employees".
The top judge then ordered Riaz to deposit Rs20 billion in court, saying that the money had to be "returned to the nation".
The property tycoon then pleaded the court to reduce the amount to Rs5 billion "in God's name".When Justice Nisar told him to mortgage his 100 kanal house, Riaz claimed that he had no property and the house he lived in belonged to his wife.The CJP then reduced the amount to Rs10 billion. However, Riaz continued to invoke God and plead that the court reduce the amount to Rs5 billion.
"Using" the name of Allah, to get your way, ( who can "deny" God !) is also a very common tactic in Pakiland !
Justice Nisar subsequently ordered Riaz to deposit Rs5 billion in the next hearing, along with his property documents and an undertaking that he will not sell any of his assets before the court issues a verdict.The top judge also directed him not to initiate any new Bahria Town project. The hearing of the case was adjourned until June 27.
Someone in the military establishment has to clip the CJP's wings for sure. He is stepping beyond his mandate. First tackling "missing persons" and now harassing a "Deep State" ally :mrgreen:
The chief justice had expressed anger at Bahria Town Karachi's project of a multi-storey building in Clifton, saying that the apex court had ruled against it.Acting on SC's orders, last year the Sindh Building Control Authority had declared it illegal to build multi-storey and high-rise buildings "beyond ground plus two floors forthwith in Karachi".However, Riaz's counsel Aitzaz Ahsan argued that the ban on high-rise buildings had been imposed after the construction was completed.The argument was dismissed by the chief justice, who said that the construction was still underway and NAB was already pursuing a case regarding the violation. He told Ahsan to advise his client to appear before NAB.
Maybe, a sweetener , like the "offer of a free flat " to the CJP, may change the My Laard's mind :mrgreen:
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

So Malik Riaz collected 20 Billion Rupees illegally and then inspite of being caught he is successful in getting the court to settle for Rs 5 billion in return. He literally bargained with the court in the name of god and and so called activist chief justice and got away with Rs 15 Billion.

Look at how this has played out: The chief justice gets publicity as the one who is enforcing rule of law, and Malik Riaz and his army/ISI backers get to keep 15 Billion rupees. Everybody including paki public who have been hoodwinked is happy. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Truly only in banana republic of pakistan ....
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

The cat to watch over the milk.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Bart S wrote:
Falijee wrote:Chini Envoy : Dus Percenti Is The Initiator Of ( Gamechanger ) CPEC

Indeed. Such a big scam was a bit too far-fetched even for Ganja and took Zardari levels of corruption to imagine. :rotfl:
Zardari used to go every month to Beijing in those days, if one recalls, planning for all that. The Chinese didn't care throwing crumbs at him. At one time, the frequency was such that even the unscrupulous Chinese got annoyed.