Terroristan - April 24, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by Peregrine »

For PTI, walk on tightrope ahead, suggests Moody's

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government will have to walk a tightrope as its plan to increase development and social spending as well as reduce taxes will clash with the need to further tighten monetary and fiscal policies to reduce economic vulnerabilities, said Moody’s Investors Service on Friday.

In its note on Pakistan’s general elections, Moody’s, one of top three credit rating agencies, has cautioned that some tough policy decisions may be delayed due to implementation of election manifesto of the government-in-waiting.

Moody’s has termed “heightened external vulnerability” a key challenge for the new government. “Possible policy options would include monetary and fiscal policy tightening, further exchange rate depreciation and turning to the IMF for external financing,” it added.

The New York-based agency also warned about the risks that may further delay policy tightening and reduction in budget deficit. “The implementation of such measures may face delays as PTI’s election pledge also includes increasing social spending, reducing taxes – as part of tax reform plans – and lowering energy costs.”

It said that the new government may have to turn to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to overcome these challenges. Asad Umar, the man tipped to lead the finance ministry, has already hinted at the IMF option.

It is widely expected that the IMF will also ask for a steep cut in expenditures, increase in interest rates and further devaluation of the rupee against the US dollar. The rupee has already shed its value by close to 22% against the US dollar since December 2017.

The PTI government will also face a challenge in the upper house of parliament where it does not enjoy a majority. It may have to reach a compromise with opposition parties in order to introduce legislation.

Pakistan faces an immediate challenge to arrange around $11 billion in order to meet the external financing gap in the ongoing fiscal year.

Pakistan booked its highest current account deficit of $18 billion in the last fiscal year, which was equal to 5.8% of gross domestic product (GDP). The Ministry of Finance has not yet officially released the budget deficit figures, but provisional estimates suggest the deficit would remain close to 7% of GDP or Rs2.4 trillion.

Both the budget deficit and current account deficit have reached unsustainable levels, which Pakistan cannot afford due to low level of official foreign currency reserves at $9 billion and low tax-to-GDP ratio, standing at only 11.1% by the end of 2017-18.

PTI’s plan to lower the number of taxes and their rates to improve the country’s competitiveness will make it difficult to achieve fiscal consolidation in its initial years. The party also plans to lower the cost of doing business by decreasing energy cost.

Moody’s said that in the longer term, Pakistan’s credit challenges include the country’s very low global competitiveness; institutional weaknesses relating to governance, rule of law and control of corruption; and a narrow tax base.

“We expect the ongoing implementation of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor to drive improvements in power supply and infrastructure, which should raise economic competitiveness and boost industrial activity over time.”

The credit rating agency said that the anti-corruption platform that PTI contested on has the potential to address some long-standing institutional weaknesses, although measures to improve governance and reduce corruption will be challenging for any new government to implement.

“We think the narrowness of the country’s tax base will remain a key challenge for the new government.”

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - April 24, 2018

Post by Peregrine »

IB4TL
Cheers Image
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

Peregrine wrote:
Katare wrote:Imran explained that the lubricant and the metal cases were used together

for life of me, I can't figure this out!! This is way more f'pped up than I thought. I am no babe in the woods on these matters but it's beyond my comprehension,

:(( :rotfl:
Katare Ji :

The metal cases were greased with the lubricant and finally I'm the dim Inserted the lubricated metal cigar cases at his Entrance in the Rear. One cannot say if the Cigars were still in the Case or if I'm the Dim was smoking them i.e. Insertions at Both Ends! Kapish Sir? :mrgreen: :rotfl:

Cheers Image

I was imagining a square box like a cigarette pack!!! :lol:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

Peregrine wrote:Katare Ji :

The metal cases were greased with the lubricant and finally I'm the dim Inserted the lubricated metal cigar cases at his Entrance in the Rear. One cannot say if the Cigars were still in the Case or if I'm the Dim was smoking them i.e. Insertions at Both Ends! Kapish Sir? :mrgreen: :rotfl:

Cheers Image
Katare wrote:I was imagining a square box like a cigarette pack!!! :lol:
Katare Ji :

As a Pathan child in Lahore I'm the Dim might have had the same experience as the Birds in Kandahar who fly on one wing.

Anyway I don't think that they store their Cigars in a square box like a cigarette pack!!! :rotfl:

Cheers Image
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Pakistaniyat Rears Its Ugly Head In Greece . Another "Challenge" For PM Imran :twisted:

Pakistani migrant arrested for trying to set fire in Greece
A Pakistani migrant was arrested for trying to set fire near the military camp of Perama on Wednesday. The arrest has been confirmed by the local police. Perama is an area with a high concentration of refugees. The migrant was arrested and interrogated after being charged and prosecuted with arson. Local police confirmed to our reporter that a Pakistani migrant has been arrested in the area.The first information of the Local webpage epirus gate says that the perpetrator denies all charges and was just ‘working in the area’.
The heat of the Greek summer and the strong blowing winds could lead to a massive destruction as the military camp of Perama houses military equipment.Civil Protection Minister Nikos Toskas told at a press conference that arson is a serious possibility. “We have serious indications and significant signs suggesting the criminal actions of arson,” he said.
As hundreds of thousands of migrants came to Europe, there are numerous terrorists and radicals among them as well.
The arrest of the Pakistani migrant comes only hours after the national tragedy that struck Greece in the beginning of the week, in which more than 80 Greeks perished and over 1000 houses were left destroyed.
This case of Pakistaniyat comes soon after the Toronto Greek neighbourhood of Danforth was the locale of a ISIS inspired shooter, who went on a shooting rampage and killed two. ( shot to death by police ) He was later identified as an immigrant of Paki origin. Imran Khan should prioritize this and solve this "western propaganda" against the Islamic Republic :evil:
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

AoA, another Terroristan thread reaches 72.
Continue here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7656