Terroristan - July 27, 2018

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
arun
BRF Oldie

Re: Terroristan - July 27, 2018

Post by arun »

X Posted from the Indus Water Treaty thread.

The Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s spin on the talks is that a “The major breakthrough of the two-day talks held in Lahore is that India has agreed to get the projects’ sites visited by our experts.”.

What the Pakistani’s were not saying was that “Both the countries agreed to undertake the Treaty mandated tours of both the Indus Commissioners in Indus basin on both sides.”:

Pakistani experts to inspect two Indian hydropower project sites

Times of India reports that India refutes Pakistan's spin on just-concluded Indus Waters :

Times Of India

The MEA Press Release cited by TOI emphasising “Both the countries agreed to undertake the Treaty mandated tours of both the Indus Commissioners in Indus basin on both sides” :

115th meeting of the India-Pakistan Permanent Indus Commission (PIC)
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

anupmisra wrote:
arun wrote:I do not know about curse but the name Niazi is certainly a great embarrasment to all citizens of the Mohammadden Terrorism Islamic Republic of Pakistan ...
I apologize. What I meant to write was "curse word" like an "epithet as a term of abuse or insult".
No apology needed 8) .

Can you advise why Niazi is a "curse word" presuming it goes beyond the 1971 surrender act of Lt Gen AAK Niazi in 1971 :?:

TIA.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

arun wrote:X Posted from the Indus Water Treaty thread.

The Mohammadden Terrorist Fomenting Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s spin on the talks is that a “The major breakthrough of the two-day talks held in Lahore is that India has agreed to get the projects’ sites visited by our experts.”.

What the Pakistani’s were not saying was that “Both the countries agreed to undertake the Treaty mandated tours of both the Indus Commissioners in Indus basin on both sides.”
So, 'Naya Pakistan' is continuing with the same old tactics of fraud, lies and the whole works, isn't it?

First with the US and now with India.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

arun wrote:Can you advise why Niazi is a "curse word" presuming it goes beyond the 1971 surrender act of Lt Gen AAK Niazi in 1971 :?:

TIA.
I am sure the-over-the-top bravado and then the subsequent capitulation en masse did not help. Historically, Niazis stopped being true pashtoons during 15th century when they migrated to pakjab's mianwali region (per wiki-bhaijaan) and allied with raiders like Sher Shah Suri to beat up everyone in the area (Hindus and Muslims alike). Similar to the ex-pashtoons who moved to Rampur and Saharanpur regions in India. In exchange they became landlords.

I guess that act can leave a bad taste in everyone's mouths for generations. And, then the surrender in 1971 capped off a stellar historical trend. I'm the Dimmy does not use his tribal name any more (same as Misbah ul Haq Niazi, the paki cricketer).

Here's a link to their exploits.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Q9sI_ ... ry&f=false
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SSridhar wrote:So, 'Naya Pakistan' is continuing with the same old tactics of fraud, lies and the whole works, isn't it?
Of course, lying comes easy. So does taking credit where it is not due, even if it is for all the wrong reasons and long term repercussions.

After Pak protest: Dutch lawmaker cancels caricature contest
After the protests in Pakistan, Dutch anti-Islam lawmaker Geert Wilders says he has cancelled a planned Prophet Muhammad (SAW) sketch contest following death threats and concerns other people could be put at risk, foreign media reported.
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry termed it a victory of the Pakistani nation :roll: , saying it was made possible by diplomatic efforts on the directives of PM Khan.
Wilders withdrawing this ill planned cartoon contest has nothing to do with the idiots protesting in the streets of al bakistan, but has everything to do with the threats made to his groups security in the Netherlands. But who is going to explain and reason with these inbreds? If pakis want the credit, go ahead and claim it. All it does is it proves the entire nation of yahoos are a bunch of violent wackos.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/361802 ... re-contest
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

SSridhar wrote:Falijee, I have edited this post of yours to show when to use 'color' tags. Please follow this template for all your posts.
Thanks for the suggestion - SSji:
Will do .
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Paki On Line Newspaper Deprives A "Contributor" For The Money Promised To Him !

Propakistani.pk is refusing to pay me
Hey y'all. So after reading some of the threads here on publishing your articles online, I submitted 3 pieces to ProPakistani and they were published back in June and July. The owner, Aamir Atta was very supportive and even spoke with me on the phone a few times. I was promised a payment for the articles at end July and duly sent him a reminder when that time rolled around. Its been a month, and they are no longer responding to my emails and phone calls. What should I do?
Owner showing Pakistaniyat , IMO :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Hitler - The Killer Of At Least 5 Million Jews - Is Much "Admired" In Pakistan . :mrgreen:

Punjab's new Information Minister who adores Adolf Hitler reciting naat on Mumtaz Qadri's grave

PS: Something for Herr Kobbler ( German Amb ) Pakistan's # 1 promoter to ponder on :roll:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

F.M. Asad Urges Paki Senate To Implement FATF Recommendations Over Terrorism Financing, Hawala System And Currency Smuggling :roll:

Addressing FATF's concerns is in Pakistan's own best interest: Finance Minister Asad Umar
Dawn
Aug 30, 2018
Newly appointed Finance Minister Asad Umar on Friday told the Senate that addressing the deficiencies identified by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is in Pakistan's own best interest, and that he views the issue as "more an opportunity than a challenge".
In June 2018, the FATF — an international terrorism financing watchdog — had demoted Pakistan to its grey list, putting the country just one step away from its dreaded blacklist, ( NOKO and Iran as company !) which brings with it international sanctions and economic repercussions among other things.
The finance minister, while briefing the Senate over the issue today, alleviated the house's concerns, saying: "We have even been on the grey list twice. It is not like this would suddenly result in trade or banking sanctions for us. But it clearly also is a negative signal, especially for a country that has such a severe current account deficit. So you obviously want to avoid this.
"But I go beyond that. If you look closely, FATF or no FATF, the deficiencies need to be addressed in any case. All those things are in Pakistan's own best interest."
It would be simple if this was for the Paki Senate ( or the Paki National Assembly! ) to decide. Umer is treading here on unchartered territory . Or unless, he is sending a signal to the Deep State that Imran is serious about his role as PM and is not a "puppet" of The Establishment :mrgreen:
The FM said that he views the FATF issue as "more an opportunity" to improve the country's financial system, adding that there is no reason the government should not be able to address the watchdog's concerns within the 15-month deadline, which will end in September 2019. :roll:
Understandable ! Asad is a newcomer to Paki politics . In a few months, he will know the realities to his authority as Finance Minister !
The finance minister, however, described the FATF's demotion of Pakistan from its white list to grey as "exceptional treatment" and expressed reservations against the procedure used by the watchdog.
Is he privy to all the inside info that the FATF has on Paki shenanigans :roll:
Regarding the depleted state of the government's coffers, the finance minister informed the Senate that the federal government requires $9 billion to run the country."The number that we need to borrow, according to the budget, is $9 billion," said the finance minister. "But we are trying to address the root cause that compels us to borrow these $9bn. Of course, we know any measures [we take] will take time — maybe even two or three years — to bear fruit.
Asad should rest easy and should not be THAT concerned about borrowing "only $ 9 Billion" . After all, his govt has promised to bring back $ 200 Billion , stolen Paki Money lodged in Swiss and Other foreign Banks :mrgreen:
Umar said that the decision to approach the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for loans will be taken after consultations and taking the parliament into confidence. :((
Asad is just preparing the Paki Senate and the Paki public for the inevitable ! IMF will oblige Pakiland . But the prescribed medicine in exchange for $ 9-10 Billion will be a bitter pill to swallow . No more public subsidy for pani, bijli and roti. Islamic Welfare State to be put on hold . White Elephants like PIA to be sold off :mrgreen:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

DPO Gondal Tells CJP Nisar That An ISI Colonel Messaged Him From Abroad ( !) That He Should Go And Apologize To The Manekas :shock:

According To This Related Report, DPO Gondol Has A Past History Of " Misbehaviour" As Well :mrgreen:

Rizwan Gondal faced suspension at Ch Nisar’s hands, interesting details surface about policeman
Aug 28, 2018

If Pakpattan DPO was transferred on someone's instructions, there will be trouble: CJP
Dawn
Aug 31, 2018
The Supreme Court on Friday initiated proceedings in a case pertaining to the sudden transfer of the District Police Officer (DPO) Pakpattan under controversial circumstances.Chief Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar had on Thursday taken suo motu notice of the transfer of former Pakpattan DPO Rizwan Gondal, allegedly over an altercation with citizen Khawar Fareed Maneka, ex-husband of First Lady Bushra Imran.

Saquib is taking his job as CJP much "too seriously" IMO. These are sensitive matters pertaining to the Echendee Of The First Lady Of Pakpattan . And to top it, The Premiere Institution Of Pakistan ( ISI) is also involved here !
The chief justice had ordered Punjab Inspector General (IG) Kaleem Imam, Additional Inspector General (AIG) Abu Bakar Khuda Buksh, Sahiwal’s regional police officer (RPO) and the Pakpattan DPO to appear before the Supreme Court at 9:30am today along with the inquiry report.
"What's the story?" Chief Justice Saqib Nisar asked as he began hearing the case on Friday morning. "Why has the entire nation been obsessed with it for the last five days?"

From Isloo to LaWhore , from Karachi to Peshawar , this "overworked" CJP is raking up quite a few air miles in the process :mrgreen:
According to the media's reporting of the reasons behind Gondal's transfer, relying on several unsubstantiated reports, the officer was allegedly transferred for refusing to apologise in person to Khawar Maneka over an altercation between Maneka and police officials.The altercation was said to be over an incident involving Khawar Maneka and the Pakpattan police. Late on August 23 or early August 24, Khawar Maneka was flagged to stop at a security picket in Pakpattan by police, but he allegedly refused and raced ahead. The police had subsequently chased him down and forced him to stop, after which harsh words were exchanged between the two parties.
And Khawar complained to his ex ( Peerni ). And Peerni, as First Lady, subsequently "exercised her authority" and set the ball rolling , which ultimately resulted in the sudden transfer of DPO Gondal from Pakpattan at 1 AM in the night !
"I want to make it clear that we want the police to be free and empowered. It does not sit well that the chief minister [of Punjab] or someone sitting with him may have been responsible for the officer's transfer," the chief justice said on the outset of the case's hearing. The chief justice's reference to the 'person sitting with the chief minister' is to Ahsan Jameel Gujjar, said to be an influential person who is close to the Maneka family. Gujjar and Punjab CM Usman Buzdar had reportedly summoned Gondal to the CM's office for an 'explanation' of the events in Pakpattan shortly before the officer was transferred from his posting."Where's Khawar Maneka?" the chief justice asked. "Where's Ahsan Jameel Gujjar? Why was the DPO called to [Khawar Maneka's] dera to apologise?""Why was the DPO transferred at 1am in the night? Could the transfer not have waited till the morning? What was the urgency that the transfer orders had to be issued at night only?" the CJP asked.
"We will not tolerate any political interference [in the police's operations]," Justice Ejazul Ahsan chipped in. "We'll see how anyone can be transferred under pressure," the CJP added.
It is "nice" to know that at least someone has come to the "defence" of DPO Gondal. Maybe, there is still some "hope" for Immy's Naya Pakistan :mrgreen:
Responding to the judges' queries, the IG Punjab took the stand to state his version of events."There was no pressure on me to make the transfer," IG Imam said. "This was a departmental decision.""We found out through the Special Branch and various other sources that Rizwan Gondal had not been entirely forthcoming to us," the IGP said, elaborating on his decision to move Gondal out of Pakpattan. "In any case, a transfer is not a punishment."
To the question of why Gondal went to CM House, the IG said: "The chief minister summoned DPO Rizwan Gondal." "Did you stop the chief minister from meeting the DPO?" the chief justice asked.
Is it possible that CJP Nisar is "putting too many things in his plate" and he may not be able to "eat all of them" . Today it is Gondal case, yesterday it was the Dam Business . A few months ago, it was his spat with "Justice" Shaukat Siddiqui about "corruption" . Can he do "justice" to all of this :mrgreen:
The CJP then asked the IG what was wrong with the police questioning a woman pedestrian — a reference to reports that there had been a separate incident in Pakpattan early in August also involving a member of the Maneka family — a woman — who had similarly been 'stopped' by police for questioning.The IG told the court that the woman hadn't simply been stopped for questioning: "Someone also grabbed her by the arm," he said.
Gondal himself took the stand next."The chief minister's PSO Haider called me and the RPO for a meeting," Rizwan Gondal told the court. "I had told the RPO about the August 23, 24 incident," Gondal said. "I had also informed the IG Punjab through WhatsApp."
"I also received messages from abroad," Gondal said, presumably referring to pressure on him to apologise to the Manekas. "Who sent those messages?" the chief justice asked.
"Among the people who sent the messages was an ISI (Inter-Services Intelligence) colonel named Tariq. He messaged saying I should go to the dera," Gondal said. "Another message was sent by my senior, Azeem Arshad."
So, the ISI is also involved here !
Gondal said he "kept calling Ibrahim Maneka And The First Lady's son, from her first marriage is also involved ! to tell him that if he could not come to my office, he could come to my house", referring to reports that he had been asked to apologise to Bushra Imran's son from her first marriage on the harassment issue.
"The writ of the state should always be upheld," Justice Bandial remarked. "The police is there to serve, but our police asks complainants to come with a car if they want their complaint to be registered. We need to change this system." However, Gondal dismissed the allegation."I can say on oath that I was not informed by any police official about any incident of harassment," Gondal told the court. "What was the chief minister's role in all of this?" the chief justice asked. "Where did his friend drop in from? Is Ahsan Jameel Gujjar some kind of influential individual?""How soon can Khawar Maneka and Ahsan Gujjar be presented before the court?" he subsequently asked.Khawar Maneka, however, excused himself from leaving Lahore before 3pm. Meanwhile, Ahsan Jameel Gujjar could not be reached by the additional advocate general of Punjab.
Ominously, the chief justice also told the Punjab advocate general to read court judgements involving Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution."We'll see if the authority accorded to public offices was abused in this case," he said.
Obviously, this is NOT , the end of this matter though ! The CJP got the publicity that he needs to assuage his big ego . He will be scouting the Paki newspaper for another "juicy case" to take on . One of these days, he is going to trip real bad . And that will be the end of him as CJP , IMHO :mrgreen:
Last edited by Falijee on 31 Aug 2018 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Imran Khan Prefers Talking To Journo Hamid Mir , Instead Of The French President !

I’m busy here, tell them to call in 30 minutes; PM Khan on French President’s call
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday held a meeting with TV anchors and senior journalists where he asked them to give his team three months time to evaluate their performance.

3 more months needed to make Naya Pakistan
During the meeting, French President Emmanuel Macron called Prime Minister Imran Khan but he was busy in meeting with journalists including Hamid Mir and other senior TV anchors. ( This slight may come back to bite the Kaptaan!) Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua wanted PM to attend the call but PM Imran said, “I am busy here tell them to call in 30 minutes.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Is Pakistan Tilting Toward Iran Under Imran Khan's Naya Pakistan ? May Not Sit Well With The Sensitive Saudis , Who Are One Of The Financial Backers Of Pakistan :twisted:

Pakistan to further cement inseparable bonds with Iran, PM Imran Khan tells FM Javed Zarif
Welcoming the Foreign Minister, Prime Minister Imran Khan thanked the Iranian Supreme Leader’s support for Kashmiri’s struggle for self-determination as well as for the manner in which Pakistan Independence Day was celebrated in Iran. :roll:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

BSE SENSEX

Current Index - 38,645.07 – Pt. Change : -45.03 - % Change : -0.12

Market Capitalization of BSE Listed Co. (Rs.Cr.) 1,59,34,696 - 1$ /: 70.9255

Market Capitalization : US$ 2,246.68 Billion.

P S E L – Jumma Mubarak

Current Index : 41742.24 - Previous : 41863.52 – Change : -121.28 % Change : -0.29%

Previous Day’s Market Capitalization : 8,675,975,879,149

Today Friday’s : 8,677,983,680,604 This is the Power of Terroristan i.e. Index goes down but Market Capitalization GOES UP EVEN THOUGH THE MARKET DROPS BY 121.28 POINTS

@US1 / Rs 125 – Today’s Market Capitalization : US$ 69.42 Billion

anupmisra Ji : With your Economics / Financial Background request your Elucidation.

Guidance : Market Capitalization of Indian Companies on B S E in Indian Rupees Billions

TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LTD. -- : 7956.5449 = US$ 112.18

RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LTD.------------- : 7864.7066 = US$ 110.89

Cheers Image
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Falijee wrote:Imran Khan Prefers Talking To Journo Hamid Mir , Instead Of The French President !

I’m busy here, tell them to call in 30 minutes; PM Khan on French President’s call
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday held a meeting with TV anchors and senior journalists where he asked them to give his team three months time to evaluate their performance.

During the meeting, French President Emmanuel Macron called Prime Minister Imran Khan but he was busy in meeting with journalists including Hamid Mir and other senior TV anchors. ( This slight may come back to bite the Kaptaan!) Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua wanted PM to attend the call but PM Imran said, “I am busy here tell them to call in 30 minutes.
that news is such bs or Imran is the real BS.

such phone calls are decided in advance when secretaries in prime ministers cabinet and foreign secretaries are informed in advance to await such calls and consent is obtained in advance that the other party is willing to talk and time slots are agreed in advance.

If Imran was waiting and french side was late then it may be okay if he gives this reaponse. But if the agreed time was more or less within pre-agreed time slots and Imran tried to show off by ignoring Macron, there will be hell to pay. Imran going to IMF should be wary of Chrisrine Lagarde, a frenchwoman, is it's chairperson.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

PTI Party Extracts "Revenge" On Ganja Sharif And Family Over "Helicopter Expense" Issue !

PTI to send Rs20.5m bill to jailed ex-PM Nawaz Sharif :lol:
Aug 30, 2018
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Friday said that the government will send a bill of Rs20.5 million to former prime minister Nawaz Sharif over his children’s use of official helicopter during the past five years.
Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, the minister expressed that the air traveling of former premier cost millions to the national exchequer. The air travel of Hassan, Hussain, and Maryam cost Rs6.2 million, he added. The helicopter fiasco had broken lose earlier after PM Imran Khan faced condemnation for using helicopters as his mode of transportation to and from Bani Gala, which Chaudhry Fawad later justified as ‘inexpensive’ saying the aircraft only costs Rs55/km.
How low can a Cabinet Minister of Imran get ? Just because, he was "challenged" on the ridiculous figure of Rs 55 per Km that he cited, he is now billing Nawaz for a ridiculous amount of Rs 20.5 million. ! Collection of this amount, might be an issue though, unless he can put a lien on Ganja's Jati Umra Palace ! Fawad should put the "recovered" amount in Paki Treasury instead of PTI kitty !
Nawaz Sharif, the former premier of Pakistan, has been imprisoned in Adiala Jail for corruption along with his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Capt (r) Safdar Awan. :((
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Disgraced Paki Airline Joins Pro Austerity Drive And Anti- VVIP Culture Under Imran Khan's New Culture Of NAYA PAKISTAN !

PIA rejects VVIP culture with ‘No Protocol No Seat Blocking’ sign
The "New" PIA :mrgreen:
( Note the "Islami 786" !)
Last edited by Falijee on 01 Sep 2018 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Mr. Sania Mirza "Extremely Upset" Over Eve Teasing Of His Wife :mrgreen:

Sania Mirza subjected to eve-teasing by Bangladesh cricketer, claims Shoaib Malik
Aug 31, 2018
LAHORE – India’s tennis star Sania Mirza was subjected to eve-teasing by Bangladesh batsman Sabbir Rahman, claims her husband and star Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik.Shoaib Malik had come to Bangladesh four years back ( So,the media got this sensational info after 4 years and making "hay" out of this now !) along with his wife to participate in a domestic tournament in Dhaka and the incident occurred that time. Sabbir teased the tennis star Sania Mirza in the field who came to Bangladesh to spend time with her husband.
According to a report in Bangladeshi media, Malik wrote an official complaint to the chairman of Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis (CCDM).
Sabbir Rahman, 26, has been one of the most controversial Bangladeshi players in recent times for his off-field behaviours.
The "offending" Abdul !
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the Neutering & Defanging Chinese Threat & Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad Threads

Muslim Governments Silent as China Cracks Down on Uighurs

Most nations maintain close economic, trade ties with Beijing

UN expert says up to 1 million Muslims in ‘re-education’ camps

As calls grow in the U.S. and Europe to pressure China to halt alleged human-rights abuses against its Muslim minority, Beijing has so far escaped any serious criticism from governments across the Islamic world.

Almost three weeks after a United Nations official cited “credible reports” that the country was holding as many as 1 million Turkic-speaking Uighurs in “re-education” camps, governments in Muslim-majority countries have issued no notable statements on the issue. The silence became more pronounced this week after a bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers urged sanctions against senior Chinese officials.

“We are hopeful that the State Department will seek addition opportunities to condemn these abuses while also undertaking robust diplomatic engagement with like-minded governments to further elevate this human rights crisis in international forums and multilateral institutions,” lawmakers led by Senator Marco Rubio of Florida and Representative Chris Smith of New Jersey wrote Wednesday in a letter to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. They joined European Union officials who have previously expressed concern about the camps in Xinjiang.

By contrast, the leaders of Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan haven’t released public statements on the clampdown. Neither has Saudi Arabia. Even Turkey, which has in the past offered favorable policies to Turkic-speaking groups and hosts a small Uighur population of its own, remained silent as Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan grappled with an economic crisis.

Trade Ties

The split underscores how China’s position as a key trading partner and aid provider to many Muslim-majority nations -- as well as its longstanding policy to avoid commenting on the internal affairs of other countries -- is now paying off. The alleged abuses are also occurring in one of China’s most remote and heavily policed frontiers, making it hard to acquire first-hand evidence, such as photos and videos, that might sway public opinion in the Islamic world.

“China generally has friendly relations with most Muslim countries, mostly around trade,” said Hassan Hassan, senior fellow at the Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy, a Washington think tank. The Muslim world is largely unaware of the situation in Xinjiang, he added. “It’s not covered almost at all in Arabic media, and even jihadis don’t dwell on it as much as they do about other conflicts.”

China officially denies problems in Xinjiang, a vast region the size of Alaska bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan that’s home to some 10 million Uighurs. On Thursday, Beijing warned the U.S. lawmakers not to interfere in its internal affairs.

“The policies and equal rights that Chinese minorities enjoy are far better than in the U.S., which has lot issues with racism and human rights protection,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a briefing in Beijing. The lawmakers should focus on issues at home “instead of interfering in other countries’ internal politics, playing judges on human rights and casting blame, or even threatening to impose unreasonable sanctions,” she said.

‘Strike First’

The UN’s Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination said in a report released Thursday that estimates of the number of Xinjiang residents held in camps ranged from the tens of thousands to upwards of one million. The panel called for an immediate halt to the detentions, the release of those already held and an official investigation into allegations of racial and religious profiling.

China’s clampdown has been fueled by President Xi Jinping’s orders to “strike first” against Islamist extremism following deadly attacks in the region involving Uighurs, and reports that some members of the minority were fighting alongside terror groups in Syria. A Communist Party-run newspaper has rebuked criticism of the crackdown, arguing that it had prevented Xinjiang from becoming another Syria.

The silence on Uighurs contrasts with outrage last year when some 700,000 Rohingya Muslims fled clearance operations by the Myanmar military, which the UN has since likened to genocide. One big difference between the two cases: Myanmar’s economy is 180 times smaller than that of China, which is the top trading partner of 20 of the 57 member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

China accounts for about a 10th of Saudi Arabia’s oil exports and roughly a third of Iran’s, according to ship-tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. It is Malaysia’s top source of foreign investment. And it has ensured the flow of more than $60 billion in loans for China-Pakistan Economic Corridor infrastructure projects.

Muslim nations “don’t want to damage their relations with China, and consider China a potential ally against the West and the U.S., and therefore they are trying to stay silent,” said Omer Kanat, chairman of the executive committee at the World Uyghur Congress, an overseas Uighur advocacy group.

Over the years, these governments have vocally opposed U.S. slights of Muslims, including President Donald Trump’s 2017 ban on travel from seven Muslim-majority countries. Iranian foreign minister Javad Zarif called it “a great gift to extremists.”

An expert testifying before a United Nations human rights panel on Aug. 10 cited reports that Beijing may be holding up to one million Uighurs in re-education camps. Bloomberg reported in January on the government conducting experiments with facial recognition technology in the region.

The governments of Turkey, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt did not respond to requests to comment for this story. Multiple phone calls to the OIC for comment were not answered.

Dangerous Spillover

To be sure, maintaining trade ties isn’t the only motivator. Some governments are loathe to draw global attention to their own shabby human rights records. Beijing has largely refrained from involving itself in conflicts in the Muslim world.

Those nations “don’t particularly respect human rights themselves, so it’s hard to imagine that they would jump at an opportunity to criticize China,” said David Brophy, Senior Lecturer in Modern Chinese History at the University of Sydney.

Still, it could prove increasingly difficult to maintain their silence, as China’s policies in Xinjiang spill across its borders.

In Kazakhstan -- a neighboring economic partner key to Xi’s signature Belt and Road trade initiative -- an undocumented, ethnic-Kazakh Chinese citizen recently testified to being forced to teach in a camp before escaping. Kazakh authorities, risking Beijing’s anger, allowed her to remain.

The incident shows that the crackdown is starting to seep into China’s foreign relations, said James Millward, a professor at Georgetown University and author of “Eurasian Crossroads: A History of Xinjiang.”

“What we’re seeing is the policy effects of a shift in philosophy with regard to cultural diversity and ethnic diversity in China,” he said.

Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote: Note the "Islami 786" !)
Good eye! Now the Pain In the Ass airlines is truly IATA and shariah compliant. Either way, passengers will reach where their destiny truly takes them.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Falijee wrote:Sabbir Rahman, 26...The "offending" Abdul !
Do the math! 1971 + 21 years + 26 years = 2018! Explains the color of the eyes?
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^
Anup ji, loved the math !!! :wink: :rotfl:
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

https://www.dawn.com/news/1429891/prime ... y-briefing
Prime Minister Imran Khan visits summoned to GHQ for security briefing to meet with his boss
"Prime Minister Imran Khan arrived to visit GHQ. Received on arrival by COAS [Chief of Army Staff Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa]. PM being briefed on defence, internal security and other professional matters," the ISPR said.

Naya Pakistan is still behaving like the Old Pakistan. PM reports to the BOSS to get a briefing.
"Ministers of Defence, Foreign Affairs, Finance, Information and Minister of State for Interior are accompanying the PM," it added.
The entire kitchen cabinet is in attendance upon the summons.
Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said that PM Imran Khan and the ministers spent nearly eight hours :roll: at the GHQ.

The minister added that during the meeting Gen Bajwa said, "There is perception army interferes in the civilian affairs, but please be rest assured, the army will function like any other government institution".
Because the army is THE government institution.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Qureshi's Pakjabi Ego Punctured By Anti - Malsi Dutch Politico :mrgreen:

Don’t claim victory too soon, I am not finished with you yet: Wilders warns FM Qureshi :D
Aug 30, 2018
Anti-Islam Dutch lawmaker Geert Wilders, who recently cancelled his infamous blasphemous caricatures contest, has warned Pakistan against declaring an early victory, disclosing his future plans of ‘exposing barbarism’.
Does Wilder not know that Pakistan is the self appointed custodian of Islam :mrgreen:
Responding to the statement of Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Wilders tweeted, “Don’t claim victory too soon @pid_gov I am not finished with you yet. I will expose your barbarism in many other ways.”
Is Wilder referring to Paki barbarism . Or is he taking another dig at the "Religion Of Peace" !.
He reacted to the remarks of FM Qureshi as shared by the government of Pakistan official Twitter account in which he said, “Cancellation of blasphemous contest is a great moral victory of Muslim Ummah.”
“To avoid the risk of victims of Islamic violence, I have decided not to let the cartoon contest go ahead,” Wilders said on Thursday in a written statement, claiming to have received death threats.
One Paki who came to Holland for this purpose and made his threats in Oordoo has been arrested. :mrgreen:
The Dutch government had been at pains to distance itself from the contest.The country’s prime minister, Mark Rutte, questioned Wilders’ motive for organising the contest and said he did not support the planned contest, but he would defend Wilders right to hold it. “His aim is not to have a debate about Islam. His aim is to be provocative,” Rutte said.
However, the prime minister added that people in the Netherlands have far-reaching freedom of speech rights and the government did not intend to seek the contest’s cancellation.
About 10,000 supporters of the Tehreek-i-Labaik Pakistan party set out on the march on Wednesday, calling ( Khadim Rizvi of the Labaik had threatened to "rain Paki Atomi Missiles" on Holland if the contest was not cancelled !) on the government to cut diplomatic ties with the Netherlands.
Wilders announced the contest in June and claimed to had received 200 entries so far. The winner was supposed to receive a cash prize.
Stay tuned for the next episode on your mobile or TV ( if you are new Tech and lazy to read ) or wait for the next chapter in your local daily ( if you "old tech") :wink:
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

NOT SURE IF THESE TWO PIECES OF PAKI NEWS ARE IN ANY WAY RELATED :mrgreen:

Imran Summons CJP Nisar To A Meeting
PM Imran Khan to meet Chief Justice of Pakistan
Aug 31, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister (PM) Imran Khan is likely to meet Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar soon.
PM Khan will discuss judicial reforms with the Chief Justice of Pakistan.
.The CJP is also involved in the DPO Gondal ( Pakpattan ) case . The DPO has claimed that he did "nothing wrong" when he stopped Peerni's Ex Khawar Maneka in a speeding car !

# 2

Khawar Manecka Defies Supreme Court :mrgreen:

Khawer Maneka refuse to appear before Supreme Court of Pakistan
Aug 31, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former husband of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s wife, Khawar Maneka has refused to appear before the Supreme Court.
READ MORE:PM Imran Khan to meet Chief Justice of Pakistan.Khawer Maneka and his son, Ibrahim Maneka were summoned in a suo motu notice of the transfer of Pakpattan District Police Officer Rizwan Gondal .A three-member bench of the apex court headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Mian Saqib Nisar is hearing the suo motu case.
.Is Imran going to ask CJP Nisar to quietly settle the matter for the sake of "family peace" :twisted:
pravula
BRFite

Post by pravula »

Falijee wrote:Imran Khan Prefers Talking To Journo Hamid Mir , Instead Of The French President !

Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

[quote="RCase"]https://www.dawn.com/news/1429891/prime ... y-briefing
Prime Minister Imran Khan visits summoned to GHQ for security briefing to meet with his boss

This video is one of the few where army chief is saluting PM.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Trying too hard to show Im is in control, not under control
RCase
BRF Oldie

Post by RCase »

^^^
It is quite hilarious to see how the crore commanders salute and grab the danda!
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

RCase wrote:https://www.dawn.com/news/1429891/prime ... y-briefing
Prime Minister Imran Khan visits summoned to GHQ for security briefing to meet with his boss[/b][/url]

This video is one of the few where army chief is saluting PM.
RCase Ji :

This is Terrible! :

1. I think a "Salute" is held until it is "Returned" - Acknowledged.

2. I'mmy the Dimmy is being impertinent by having his ELBOWS on the Table. Sacrilege - I say! Lack of Manners point out to his Family Background and Discipline.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

X Posted on the I W T Thread

River Indus flow to increase by 10%, pose serious threats in future: study - Suhail Yusuf

KARACHI: Pakistan will see a 10 per cent increase in mean water flow in River Indus for the period 2046 – 2075, according to a new baseline study and predictions of most authentic climate models.

A team of experts from the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) conducted a comprehensive baseline survey of the period 1976–2005 of all 54 rivers of South Asia and used this data in the climate models considered more accurate thus far.

As a result, the future predictions of a wetter South Asia are in consonant with the baseline study of the past. Global warming and climatic change – with more rainfall and enhanced temperatures – are responsible for the projected increase in water flow.

‘Indus delta has shrunk by 92% since 1833’

According to the research, flow of Indus, Ganges and Brahmputra rivers will increase by 10 to 30 per cent annual runoff according to the paper published earlier this month in the Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies. The mean runoff will increase from 2046 to 2075.

The Ganges – Brahmaputra and Deccan plateau will see a 15 per cent spike in water flow, while 20 per cent increase is projected in Narmada – Tapti basin and Sri Lanka.

The imminent increase in water flow of the rivers demands urgent need for a common platform for the South Asian countries to tackle the issue.

Challenges for Pakistan

An increase in River Indus flow even by a small percentage could pose serious challenges for Pakistan. The country’s experts have already warned that rainy period is decreasing in lower parts of the country and increasing in upper areas. Melting of glaciers, heat and evaporation will also lead to increase in flow of River Indus in the future. Thus India should demand a corresponding INCREASE to 29.8%

Pakistan’s renowned climatologist and main author of the country’s first climate change policy, Dr Qamaruz Zaman Chaudhry says the study indicates increased flow of South Asian rivers, which is in consonant with previously held views of the experts.

“These projections demand scaling up of climate resilient integrated water resource management practices in the South Asia region, one of the most climate vulnerable region globally,” added Chaudhry. Talk about yourself Mr. Chaudhry!

95% of plastic polluting world’s oceans come from just 10 rivers including Indus

Pakistan’s hugely populous districts are directly located in the possible flood regions and increased river flow will be a problem for these areas.

“Developing resilience in agriculture to regular climate shocks is one of the biggest challenges facing our region, as climate change will increase irregular rainfall patterns and increase incidence of floods and droughts,” Chaudhry said.

Scientists used different tools, satellite imagery and field work to collect the best data sets. Then the data was used in Coupled Model Intercomparison Project phase 5 (CMIP5) frame work with some downscaling for the South Asian region.

The CMIP was designed by hundreds of leading experts to predict future aspects of climate change. The first CMIP was devised in 1995 and still updating with more modifications. However, CSIRO experts also use other hydrological models too.

Cheers Image
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

All hail the omnipotent
While in the last two weeks the PTI government has fallen prey to its own rhetoric and produced some humour, it is firmly in the saddle for two reasons. One, the opposition stands divided and the only thing it seems to agree on is that it won’t agree on anything soon. And two, the military is firmly in Prime Minister Imran Khan’s corner. The manner in which the GHQ received IK is how an elected PM ought to be received by generals who report to him. But we have seen nothing of the sort in recent history.
Me thinks Buj Bahadur has I'mmy the Dimmy in his pocket! If Buj Bahadur can get rid of Nawaaz & Co. then he can get rid of I'mmy the Dimmy!
So if you were AAZ – with baggage and the urge to survive, and to see your son be received at the GHQ with fanfare at some point – what would you do?
Cheers Image
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

The Ganges – Brahmaputra and Deccan plateau will see a 15 per cent spike in water flow, while 20 per cent increase is projected in Narmada – Tapti basin and Sri Lanka.
Allah (PBUH) be praised, since when Indian rivers are flowing to Sri Lanka? What kind of increase in water flow we are talking about? :eek:
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

PTI's Imran Shah receives dressing-down in SC, ordered to deposit Rs3m in dams fund
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Saturday ordered Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's (PTI) Imran Ali Shah to deposit Rs3 million in the dams fund created by the Supreme Court, saying he wanted to teach the MPA a memorable lesson for ass aulting a citizen.
A video of Shah slapping citizen Dawood Chauhan had gone viral last month, sparking outrage on social media.
The PTI leadership had taken notice of the incident soon after and issued a show-cause notice to the MPA-elect. Shah was later fined Rs500,000, but allowed to remain a member of the party.
Cheers Image
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

pravula wrote:
Falijee wrote:I’m busy here, tell them to call in 30 minutes; PM Khan on French President’s call
Apparently, Macaroni's foreign office had a pre-arranged time set up for this call and according to some reports, there were two phone calls from the French side with the same response each time by the dimwit - "Sahib is busy, please try later".

I'm the Dimmy is showing his true personality - everything revolves around him and him only.
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Asad Umer Decides To Bring His Ahmedi Friend In His Advisory Chai Biscoot Club. Most Of Them Are His Buddies From His University Days In Karachi :mrgreen:

Atif Mian, an Ahmadi Princeton economics professor, has been appointed to the Economic Advisory Council under Asad Umar.

PS: "Someone" needs to bring this to the attention of Khadim Rizvi, Shaukat Siddiqui . And also Capt . Safdar , jailed son-in-law , of Ganja !
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

CJP Nisar Finds Another Case To Add On His "Work Load" :mrgreen:

Alcohol, drugs recovered from Sharjeel Memon’s room during CJP visit
Sep.01,2018
Dawn
Alcohol bottles were reportedly found in the hospital room of Sharjeel Memon, a Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader, during a surprise visit by Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Saturday.The chief justice visited three hospitals to check on imprisoned politicians including Dr Ziauddin Hospital where Memon was ‘under treatment’. Justice Nisar photographed alcohol bottles himself after meeting the PPP leader briefly.
Visiting hospitals, part of the job description of a Chief Justice of an Islamic Republic :roll:
Memon’s room at Ziauddin Hospital was sealed and he was shifted to jail after the surprise recovery. The former provincial minister is accused of embezzling around Rs6 billion while heading the Sindh information ministry.
Innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Law 101 principle thrown out of the window?
PPP lawmaker Syed Nasir Shah later told reporters the recovered liquor bottles contained honey and olive oil. :lol: “We have great respect for the chief justice. He can get Sharjeel Memon’s undergo a medical examination. A laboratory test of the bottles would reveal all. A medical examination of Sharjeel should also be conducted to prove he had not consumed alcohol.”Shah also claimed that Sharjeel recently had a surgery and needed bandage changed regularly over the next two weeks. “His surgery is on record, the CJP can see for himself.” The PPP leader also demanded the swift release of Memon’s driver and helpers “arrested for no reason.”
Sindhi -Pakjabi ethnic tension cannot be ruled out here !!!
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

You Slap A "Shehri". You Pay 30 Lacs Rupees Into My Dam Funds - Chief Justice Of Pakiland !

PTI MPA Imran Shah ko shehri pay thappar maarna mehnga parh gaya - CJP orders him to deposit Rs 30 lacs in the Supreme Court's dam fund
Falijee
BRF Oldie

Post by Falijee »

Short Cut To Janaat For These Lucky Abduls And Ayeshas

64 Pakistani Hujjaj die in Saudi Arabia during Hajj 2018
Sept 1, 2018

Urban legend has it that if a follower of "The Religion Of Peace" dies in "The Land Of The Two Holy Mosque", he is guaranteed a place in heaven right away !
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RCase wrote:^^^
It is quite hilarious to see how the crore commanders salute and grab the danda!
There were two RAW agents. One, didn't grab his danda and the other didn't even have the danda !