Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Re: Atal Bihari Vajpayee Passes Away

Post by Amber G. »

Amazing.. this from Atalji was in 1946!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

An era passes away!! Om Shanti! May Waheguru bless this noble soul with moksha!
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:Don't mind lekin, but BRF got its voice after Buddha roared.
Bharat got her voice when Buddha broke silence in '98!

This is a heartfelt obit from S. A. Hasnain https://swarajyamag.com/defence/recalli ... i-vajpayee
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

भारत की माटी के लाल को नमन I वह अपनी अगली यात्रा पे निकल गए I

- Pokhran II, Kargil Victory, Operation Parakram, Defence Indigenization, Lahore Bus, Agra Summit, HIghway Development Program, New Telecom Policy, New Insurance Policy, Modern Airports of Delhi and Bengaluru, IT Revolution.

- अतः नव भारत की आधारशिलाI
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

After India emerged from a traumatic childhood of abuse by the Dynasty and its ecosystem, PV Narasimha Rao guided the nation safely through the final, turbulent phases of her youth.

But it was under Atal ji's leadership that the nation blossomed into full adulthood. This man, who secured the strategic independence of India for all time, and laid the foundation for her rebirth as an economic superpower, was indeed the father of our nation as we know her today.

ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः
abhishek_sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by abhishek_sharma »

:(
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

ABV should have become PM 20 years earlier than 1998, but better late than never. He was a statesman and not a politician. I recall ABV having good relations with Raj Mata Scindia in Gwalior and he appealed to nationalist Congress party veterans like Madho Rao Scindia and Rajesh Pilot.

He put India on the right path and he will be missed. The last few years of his life was unfortunately with illness and I hope he attains moksh.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

A real son of India rests today.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Om shanthi
About ABV, the most important I associate is obvious the nuc bum and the second is roadways
1) I was not aware of nuc bum blasts initially- became aware of it the following day. sort of aware but not fully aware of its implications. Later on in the coming months and years realised the true worth of it. (Of course being on brf as a lurker helped a lot.)

later came to know of the enormous pressure on PVN etc to stop the bum. Heard that CIA missed the bum blasts by a mile. Indians messed with american intelligence and fooled them.
Brave efforts by many in the Indian scientists community and political backing by ABV leadership. Amazing considering the US pressures at that time.

Fast forward what happened to libya SA Iraq now Iran and no ko. Huge respect to ABV for daring to cross the threshold which western powers were desperate to stop.

2) golden quadrilateral- ABV got realised that making good roadways was very important in reaching to all sections of the population in carrying men and materials. Without proper infrastructure , India will not become well developed.
To his credit even today his govt was the second highest in construction of good NH roads.

3) sarva shiksha Abhiyaan- regarding tackling illiteracy. Huge efforts done

4) Pulse polio program- This unique immunisation style originated during his time- was a very successful campaign. I participated in my early mbbs days. though honestly not fully aware of its significance till later on. India became free of polio later on in the years but huge credit to this initiative.

----------------------------------------
For peace in the world - we need a strong capable India at the top - no day dreaming. ABV made an important contribution to this.
His legacy will be carried forward by NaMo and others.No doubt about it.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 1924 - 2018

Post by Rakesh »

Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passed away on 16 Aug 2018.

My Condolences. He will be Missed. I will always remember him for this....

fanne
BRF Oldie

Re: Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 1924 - 2018

Post by fanne »

My pranam to him!! Om Shanti, Prabhu apko sadgathi pradan karen!!
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

They say, a prophet is ahead of his times. But Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the man India needed desperately at THAT time. (Seemingly) Stronger men have wilted under far less pressures that he had to face as the head of a shaky coalition, trying to pull India out of the abyss caused by years of misgovernance.

As a youngster, VajpayeeJi gave me some of the most memorable moments- Pokharan, Kargil Vijay, Economic reforms, Mobile and internet connectivity, Highway development, Pulse polio, to name a few. But biggest of all, he gave us hope for a better and a stronger India of the future.

An icon, a legend has left for the heavenly abode today. But the rich legacy he left behind, will last for ever. Inspiring millions well into the future.

मोक्षम प्राप्तिरस्तु
Anoop
BRFite

Post by Anoop »

Rest in Peace, Sir. Apart from being a wonderful PM, he was also one of the best parliamentarians. He upheld the dignity of Parliament whether he was in power or out of it. Thank you for your service to our country.
rohan1424
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohan1424 »

India has lost a true statesman. Atal ji would be remembered for taking India towards the path of true development. Nuclear tests, highways development, economic recovery and stability , telecom policy were all his initiatives.He also tried valiantly for kashmir resolution but it was not reciprocated in the same manner by pakistanis.In future , when India will be a developed nation , Atal ji will be remembered as the one who laid the foundation. You made an Nation believe in its abilities.You will always remain in our hearts .May god rest his soul in eternal peace.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: Atal Bihari Vajpayee, 1924 - 2018

Post by ramana »

Am locking thread as we have in Strat Forum.
Vasu
BRFite

Post by Vasu »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

Atalji rule is a prime example of the disastrous nature of the infighting within Indian states. This has been happening since time immemorial. These ambhis secretly conspire against each other for expansion and greed. We need a baton to break the backs of these ambhis once and for all.

India didn't deserve an atal. It needs a leader with an iron fist and a heart of ice.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Koti Koti Pranam to Atal Bihari Vajpeyee for his service to Bharat Mata. Truly a great leader. IMO he was the one who laid foundation of Aspiring New India. Without that we won't be where we are today. I feel mango Indian never really understood the true depth of his work and its impact on India, not even today. ABV didn't get the kind of appreciation from the people that he really deserved.

To some extent I am glad he got final relief from the physical state he was in for over a decade now. My heart prays for his Moksha.
Amitava
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amitava »

A respected politician yes, but more than that, an inspiring leader, a statesman and a poet -- a child Bharat Mata is really proud of.

My pranama.

May his atma attain moksha.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I used to enjoy reading Atalji's speeches in parliament.We used to get copies of Hansard ( parliamentary debates) at home.for many years The cut and thrust of debate 40+ years ago in the Indian parliament was truly inspiring. The two houses were filled with a galaxy of MPs , not the huge numbers of those with criminal cases attached to their dhotis these days.Atalji's speeches were a revelation.There was a small number of MPs in that class , but he shone as the brightest Opposition leader at the time.

I must check if those old Hansard copies are still in old boxes.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

He gave this country three things:
1. A realization of this country's power in a hot '98 summer, a Hanuman moment, if you will.
2. A realization that this country is capable of high technology, a Tejas moment, if you will.
3. A realization that this country is capable of dreaming high(ways), a Baahubali moment, if you will.

Three things, this country will forever be grateful for. And always him remember for.
Jits
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Jits »

I will always remember Vajpayee ji for these golden words - 'Today at 15.45 hours India conducted three underground nuclear explosions', a statement comparable only to Nehru's tryst of destiny statement at the eve of independence and Indira's Bangladesh liberation statement. Vajpayee will always be remembered not only for the great strategic contribution he made but also for the economic reforms and road building exercise he carried out which catapulted India into a different league. India had only 3 good prime ministers so far IMHO - Shastri, Narsimha Rao and Vajpayee. The real three lions of Indian emblem. Rest in peace sir and my heartfelt shradhanjali to you.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Om Shanti! A truly great leader of India passes away. Atalji and NaMo are the only two PM's I have really admired (I was too young during PVNR's time). India was incredibly lucky to have Atalji leading us through the crucial time of the late 90's. He gave us hope and showed us what we could be. I shudder to think where we would have been without his leadership. My laksh pranaam to him.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

I have been inconsolable since ABV death. It looks like someone elder from the family has passed away. But amazingly one feeling has remained - He is gone but has put us in better hands - NAMO. Seeing him, the mind subconsciously is thinking he is ABV junior. Like the energy from ABV has flown into him and the message is - all will be fine!!
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Kashi wrote:They say, a prophet is ahead of his times. But Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the man India needed desperately at THAT time. (Seemingly) Stronger men have wilted under far less pressures that he had to face as the head of a shaky coalition, trying to pull India out of the abyss caused by years of misgovernance.

As a youngster, VajpayeeJi gave me some of the most memorable moments- Pokharan, Kargil Vijay, Economic reforms, Mobile and internet connectivity, Highway development, Pulse polio, to name a few. But biggest of all, he gave us hope for a better and a stronger India of the future.

An icon, a legend has left for the heavenly abode today. But the rich legacy he left behind, will last for ever. Inspiring millions well into the future.

मोक्षम प्राप्तिरस्तु
Well said. Thank you.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

A vintage ABA speech in parliament
From now on, we must ask every school-going child and every parliamentarian to view this video (subtitled for non-hindi speakers) so that it is hard-wired into their minds...This is a required course in how Indian Democracy should be practised..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1030328391377940485
BSR Murthy
BRFite

Post by BSR Murthy »

A great son of Bharat.
Om shanti.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

RoyG wrote:Well said. Thank you.
Thank you RoyG.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

S Gurumurthy @sgurumurthy
Aug 17

The best tribute to Atalji's. Not a single word necessary.

Amoghvarsha
BRFite

Post by Amoghvarsha »

भूमि पुत्र भूमि से मिलेगा,
अग्निगंधा में जल ऊठेगा,
गंगाजल में वो बह चलेगा,
अनंत यात्रा को निकल पड़ेगा
भारती पुत्र वह अमर रहेगा|

मृत्यु अटल पर अटल अमर है|

फिर ना कभी वो वाणी बोलेगी,
फिर ना कभी वो अंधेरा छटेगा,
फिर ना कभी वो सूरज निकलेगा,
फिर ना कभी वो कमल खिलेगा,
राष्ट्र पुत्र वह अमर रहेगा|

मृत्यु अटल पर अटल अमर हैं |

फिर ना कवि पंत प्रधान बनेगा,
फिर ना कोई लाहौर तक चलेगा,
फिर ना कभी कोई कारगिल पे मिटेगा,
फिर ना सभा में माँ हिन्दी बोलेगी,
शांति पुत्र वह अमर रहेगा|

मृत्यु अटल पर अटल अमर है|

फिर ना कभी मृत्यु से ठनेगी,
फिर ना कभी वो नया गीत लिखेगा,
फिर ना कभी वो शब्द बोलेंगे,
फिर ना कभी वो कविताएें बनेगी,
शारदा पुत्र वह अमर रहेगा|

मृत्यु अटल पर अटल अमर हैं|

Wrote something after a long long time.Penned this down in the Memory of Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Lines inspired by his deeds his poems and his speeches. Read his Poem Collection "Meri Ekyavan Kavitaein" when i was in school. The Poet Prime Minister has remained an inspiration throughout my life.