Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

Post by Kashi »

UlanBatori wrote:But.. there is hope. Hindus don't need help getting destroyed.
OT, but CNN/NYT/BBC/IndianExpress papparazzi have been rushed to Poonjab to report on the latest achievement meriting the Darwin Award: 55 yindoos dead, hundreds injured as they stupidly stand on an active railtrack gazing at fireworks for a HINDU festival. WHICH adult genius there (let alone the "Authorities") could not figure out that they were standing on rail tracks I wonder. Isn't this the Deity sending another message to yindoos to get their act together?
I suppose you really do not get the news in Outer Ulaan Bator, or else you would know that in the years prior, this event was regulated in terms of timings and also keeping the railways in the loop. In fact last year the venue had been deemed unfit for an event of such large scale.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

UB Sir, is it that maloo channels are not available in ulan batar, or you choose not to watch them (like I used to do before I turned mujahid)

There were LAKHS (LAKH means one hundred thousand, just in case you forgot) of women who went to the streets protesting the verdict early this month. Obviously they did not go at the instruction of their 'Wali'. We all have women at our homes. Would they do such a thing if we put a knife to their throats? Mine wouldn't. If you have seen only hundreds, maybe you watched the bhamous channel from ulan bator onlee).

There would have been a rush if the entry in question was "Ayyappa's Textiles" or "Ayyappa's Jewellery". Every women, except the hard cored activist who want to prove a point don't care about entry into "ayyappa's Temple". They got their heartthrob at Guruvayoor. Why bother this 'dry as rock sanyasi' sitting in the jungle!

I am willing to bet that CPIM (as usual) missed the people's pulse by a mile, and will lose miserably in the next election. If BJP is smart, they can garner much of the fallout and win a few seats.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Dileep wrote:I do not appreciate the attempts to spin the issue on religious lines. Mainstream Muslims and Xtians actually support the #SaveSabarimala movement, because they very well know that they are next.

I do not trust BJP/RSS on this. I am sorry. I played enough chess to figure when a pawn being sacrificed to gain an opening. I happened to talk to a number of friends/relatives of the saffron kind here, who are visibly uncomfortable, since the policy driven from the 'north' is to swallow this bitter pill for the better good, while their own self and the local aam-swamy folk want them to be fiercely behind the movement.

In essence, it is the aam-swamy, who keeps his belief above the party affiliations, and the party folk, who keeps the party line above the belief and forced to do a taqquiyya on the ground here. The aam-swamy will have more important problems like job, family etc soon enough. So, this show is going to ebb this mandala season itself, and the commies (short term) and saffrons (long term) would win. I already seen a number of aam-swamys continuing their trek nonchalantly, right next to the 'surgical strike party' with the 'activitists'.
Any appreciation or otherwise, is besides the point, since the issue is nationwide and is beyond likes/dislikes. The issue is firmly one of H's and sanatan dharma, what mainstream folks or fringe folks from other groups do is irrelevant.

If this is not an issue which is redolent of anti-Hindu bigotry, then none are. I wonder where are the judgements/the lobbying which show this level of interference in cultures belonging to the mainstream of any other community.

Like I said, many folks refuse to admit the scale of the issue, since they can't/won't look at pan-India behavior of the left, seeking to assuage themselves that 'their issues are different', the communal BJP/RSS are to blame etc etc etc...at any rate, even those guys are hardly the "answer" given they have been on/off regarding moral posturing and may end up losing votes because of that.

Its the everyday citizen who has to wake up.

The rest of us who saw this coming all across India can only shake our heads at the nonchalance with which these issues are dismissed by folks from any Indian state.. till one day they wake up and realize the bigotry entrenched in the whole left ecosystem. Its not "our community's temple" or "one person's favorite Deity" or "your jallikattu" or whatever. The issue exists at a pan India level. Every local tradition fostered by H's is being targeted.

The aam-xxx's will continue to get lathi charged.

Read the NYT article to get the palpable glee with which this issue is being used to beat up on H-ism. If you can't get that, then sorry, your disregard for this agenda is part of the issue and reflects exactly why the H-group is in this mess and will remain so.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

UlanBatori wrote:Hu did Kavita Jackal bibi in Polis riot gear?

BBC on cue
Some good news:
A BBC team was forced to leave as protests turned violent.
Hardly good news as this manufactured outrage at how uncivilized these dastardly heathens are, is exactly the point of sending these folks to the place.

Bigger question is why were all these motivated jerks allowed to parade around in India so far. A strong nationalist Govt in the center, yet those who meddle around in the faultlines are allowed to thrive.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Prasad wrote:What this issue has once again shown is that the bjp/rss leadership is still unwilling to stand firmly behind local yindoo practices that are being targeted by the EJ combine. We saw this clearly during the Jallikattu case in the SC where the govt should've shown resolve and taken the matter out of the hands of the judiciary and put certain yindoo renuga practices being judicial scrutiny. As one gentleman put it, how does a poor farmer fighting ti celebrate his culture fight against a battery of 50 lawyers in the payroll of fcra'd NGOs in the SC ? And this after they'd been waiting for a hearing for this side for more than a year whole the SC glibly banned the practise last year?
The eerie silence from all the bjp leaders, CMs and RSS even going ahead yo saying they welcome the verdict shows how hollow their strategic level thinking is, or the lack of such. We've seen enough from Javdekar already by his bleatings in not touching the Constitution or RTE. These are fundamental tenets that they are not ready to fight n show Delhi-Statesmanitis. RJB isn't the only issue.
Well said. BJP/RSS for all their positives also have their leadership also somewhat infected by p-sec itis and their confused inability to stand behind local practices which deserve them, make them look woolly headed.

Right now, they are skating on TINA.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Javee wrote:Rehana's FB post today - claiming that she will sue the channel that said she had sanitary napkins in the irumudi also claiming that the vandals destroyed her kids toys, uniform etc...
Javee, for the benefit of the wider forum, please post in english or provide a translated excerpt wherever possible. Thanks.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

ShyamSP wrote:https://youtu.be/D1USkSQwENs?t=1140

Looks like Supreme Court conveniently ignored Indian religious laws went with making as if it is secular public place where all citizens can enjoy rights. Anti-Hindu groups (petitioners), Anti-Hindu Kerala Government (who wants to eliminate Hindus from temple boards), and Supreme court (with Colonial hang-overs and Oxford definitions) screwed Hindus big time by trampling on their religious rights. BJP may also be complicit or fishing for goodies in this listening at contradictory statements from some Central people.

Hindus are pushed to take harder and violent steps to fight back.
Rajiv Malhotra sends message better way.
https://youtu.be/D5bjycdVfXw

Kicking government out of temples is my long standing wish and so I never donate money in government-controlled temple Hundis in India.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

ShyamSP wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:https://youtu.be/D1USkSQwENs?t=1140

Looks like Supreme Court conveniently ignored Indian religious laws went with making as if it is secular public place where all citizens can enjoy rights. Anti-Hindu groups (petitioners), Anti-Hindu Kerala Government (who wants to eliminate Hindus from temple boards), and Supreme court (with Colonial hang-overs and Oxford definitions) screwed Hindus big time by trampling on their religious rights. BJP may also be complicit or fishing for goodies in this listening at contradictory statements from some Central people.

Hindus are pushed to take harder and violent steps to fight back.

Kicking government out of temples is my long standing wish and so I never donate money (except maybe like Rs20) for government-controlled temples in India (private temples are okay).
Whereas political parties are to be expected to go on fishing expeditions to increase the outrage and find conversion into vote base, the Supremes of yore were more well versed in Secular and Religious laws - there are many examples of polymath scholarship in languages, religious and legal texts. Today, the same cannot be said of the latter who seem to have failed on first principles and issued a verdict fit for “a babe in the woods!”
The level of thinking is no greater than the Supreme desire to run municipality boards! :mrgreen:

The method to kick out the commieswomboards, state govt, etc from managing temples needs to be preceded with Hindu self organization and propriety in managing such bodies in a democratic, transparent and self-governed way. It is a shame that Hindus have not taken time and resources to publish for example a best practices in Temple management - there are many such examples - and find legal counsels - almost all big temples are represented - who can self organize on principles they can all work together on.

Yet again one temple, in this case Sri Sabrimala, stands alone, while the rest pontificate on ‘rule of law’ etc.
So many temples with so much wealth, such legal luminaries for their legal counsels, yet no coordination or ability to work together.
Every invasion into the sacred has occurred with individual heroic resistance - while the others gawked in disbelief or worse aided the profane!
When will a more coordinated effort to defend Dharma come?

”The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Pulikeshi wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:

Kicking government out of temples is my long standing wish and so I never donate money (except maybe like Rs20) for government-controlled temples in India (private temples are okay).
Whereas political parties are to be expected to go on fishing expeditions to increase the outrage and find conversion into vote base, the Supremes of yore were more well versed in Secular and Religious laws - there are many examples of polymath scholarship in languages, religious and legal texts. Today, the same cannot be said of the latter who seem to have failed on first principles and issued a verdict fit for “a babe in the woods!”
The level of thinking is no greater than the Supreme desire to run municipality boards! :mrgreen:

The method to kick out the commieswomboards, state govt, etc from managing temples needs to be preceded with Hindu self organization and propriety in managing such bodies in a democratic, transparent and self-governed way. It is a shame that Hindus have not taken time and resources to publish for example a best practices in Temple management - there are many such examples - and find legal counsels - almost all big temples are represented - who can self organize on principles they can all work together on.

Yet again one temple, in this case Sri Sabrimala, stands alone, while the rest pontificate on ‘rule of law’ etc.
So many temples with so much wealth, such legal luminaries for their legal counsels, yet no coordination or ability to work together.
Every invasion into the sacred has occurred with individual heroic resistance - while the others gawked in disbelief or worse aided the profane!
When will a more coordinated effort to defend Dharma come?

”The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings.”
It is myth that Hindus don't manage temples well and Government and courts continue to use the myth to continue control. Many many temples of 1000 years old were managed well and survived. Government appointees are worse and more corrupt than devotees managing money and other temple aspects. Most street-corner Ganesh temple to mid-size to large non-government temples are managed well.

It is bigger fight now to get temple independence as temples are under firm political control and they tasted money, control and power to social engineer devotees for votebanks and can't let go easily.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dileepji:

This after deeply scientific poll of Malloo wimmens: (ignoring the noise from the others, thanks very much for expressing ur opinions, great that you are allowed in public at all.) Samples from Patthanamthitta (home dt. of Shri A and Rsa Sabari), Ottapalam, Trissur. At least one was unaware of the origin of the name. (that was easily fixed by UBCN, the only news/media source u should ever seek)
1) SC could not have come out with any other verdict. If they HAD, that would have been far more troubling about what it means for India.
2) Can't say anything rational these days because you get attacked by yahoos from all sides (sortof what the bibi said in the malloostani article posted here before, of course she put that to the test by getting stoned)
3) BUT.... the trouble with being rational etc is that there is no rationality when it comes to the Other Community and Another Community.
Now that seems like the sensible view - any party that understands that set can walk away with the erections.

Trouble with LAKHS etc is that Shivullah and I once did a scientific count of one of those mobs described as "20,000 strong" that came out to protest pest-e-sha'eed of some terrorist or other: the number could not have exceeded 300. I did read that 20,000,000 (TWENTY MILLION!!!) turn up at SabariMala these days per year. OK, if 15 million of that are new voters, that should swing quite a few constituencies. I am not holding my breath for that. But note that it could be 45 million next year when the SC judgement is enforced.

This IS a bit out of control isn't it?

On the train disaster, my response to those who claim that it was deemed too dangerous last year is:
The UNTHINKABLE HAPPENED.
Why do Indians have to keep proving the real meaning of the words
Tritiya Bhoogol Atisakti
again and again and again and again?
No, I didn't watch the tamasha on Indian TV, where they probably showed people lying in pieces or screaming. The one pic I saw had a small cloth covering what must obviously be a part of a human body,
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

cinemarasik.com/2018/10/do-women-have-a-right-to-a-female-pope-or-did-new-york-times-practice-religious-apartheid-re-sabrimala/

OK, UBCN has to publish a correction. The protests indeed had a huge number of women as one can gather from the photos there (unless they were Pakistan Army and just dressed like wimmen). Most of whom, apparently, are denied the right to worship at Sabarimala, but still came out to ask for continuation of that ban.

But how many will vote anti(commie-paki-congi-ej) come next May? IMO the anger among wimmens is against the selective interference by SC while ignoring the abuses and excesses by One Community and Another Community. And it is good for the BeeJayPee to keep that up. People may rage against Modi for not intefering in KL, but as long as there is no national outrage he is on safe ground. The SC decision shows that yindoos have no friends there either (strangely, it was the yindoo wimmens Indu Malhotra who dissented!) so are Malloos now going to vote Kangress? :rotfl:

This is why I keep saying: Find better strategy. Use brains instead of emotions. Demand radical changes to pilgrimages at all temples. Better amenities, better hours, better number of days, better planning. Open the doors to more Hindus instead of finding excuses to block each other. And of course, take control of the temples into the community, and use them to "educate" the Devout. The groundswell of anger is there, but they have nooooooo clue just how bad things are. This issue may just be the trigger to start a mass education movement.

Anyone willing to write papers summarizing the issues (across the board) facing yindoos? I can get Evil 6th Coujin to post on his blog / website(s) if nowhere else (standards apply..), use Soc. Media to spread the word.

U have 6 months. Or sit around fa*ting. So far I see Dileepji putting his feet in front of his faith and supporting the protests. I see HN/ maybe one or two others doing something. The rest are fa*ting.

We used to get things DONE through PeeAref, ppl. But that requires tough debate including Red Team Exercises where you brainstorm what the other side will do. Not just rah-rah arrack-shop :((
Last edited by UlanBatori on 21 Oct 2018 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

UlanBatori wrote:
But how many will vote anti(commie-paki-congi-ej) come next May?
Bingo.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

For starters, if there are a few nicely tuned takedowns against NYT & CNN, carefully naming the offenders (maybe making a table showing anti-India/Hindu bias and the authors in each case) that would really help. CinemaRasik has done a nice start. Of course Rajeev M has done tons of these, starting with "CNN's ANTI-INDIA BIAS", a 40-page tome that really did wonders for a while, back in 1999/early 2000. My Evil 6th coujin used to relate how he sat in 6th floor conference room of See Enn Enn HQ watching the cheeks of their Head of Technology/ Truth In Reporting division, turning beet-red, just BROWSING that article across the room. But now the Pakis there have grown bold again. Time for another educational exercise.

For India-based ppl, I think it is smarter to analyze foreign media first, because an article naming names and showing the facts in a table can have important and interesting effects. U may or may not know that the Indian Phoren Sarbhij and the aam aphsars who are hired by IEphEj are actually smart enough to have basic web search skills these days. (including the security guard at the gate!!!!) They do careful searches of, say, EJ sites that give advice on which conjulates to hit up for Conversion Trip Visas, and what lies to give on application.

So say u type Bar-barous Crow-s**t on Googal. And up comes a small article showing why someone called her a Village Idiot (I think that was actually published in NYT a long time ago). Would u rush to give a vija for said person as Reborter to desh? Maybe you have to give vija, but u can also send a small SMS to ur coujin at Chat. Shivaji to give warm welcome at Customs. Maybe take the cameras of Al Jokera on a grand tour of India on Alliance Air
Ooops! sorree onlee! Ur camera has gone to Leh and bad weather there, what2do, it will be back in ur pojjeshun in 2 weeks b4 y board Retarn Phlite hiyar, promise). And dang! The bag with ur undies... got on phlite to Sydney by mistake onlee.
When that happens about 5 times to their Tap Eggsexutives, they may begin to get the message that a behavioral change may be indicated.

The desh-based E-Diots just copy whatever comes in NYT, CNN, BBC onlee.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

ShyamSP wrote: It is myth that Hindus don't manage temples well and Government and courts continue to use the myth to continue control. Many many temples of 1000 years old were managed well and survived. Government appointees are worse and more corrupt than devotees managing money and other temple aspects. Most street-corner Ganesh temple to mid-size to large non-government temples are managed well.

It is bigger fight now to get temple independence as temples are under firm political control and they tasted money, control and power to social engineer devotees for votebanks and can't let go easily.
No disagreement, but you may have missed my point -
There are no HBR, IIM or other Indian academic journal articles published on good and best practices of temple management in India.
For example how is Aksharadham or Tirupathi or other temples managed?

When someone like you says... “..... are managed well.” The argument becomes by whose standard and who has studied it, ityadi.
Making this explicit, and combining the power of Consels (Lawyers) now emplyoeed by each temple trust separately are all methods

To ultimately get to the goal of Temple independence -
BJP/Congress should be forced to show their hands on where they and others stand on this issue.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Why the top judges of the country want to change their profession and become Temple Managers?
Because Hindus will not respond in unity or protest, whereas all others will, and tell them Supremes to not lose their day job!

SC wants Shri Jagannath Temple to be opened to non-Hindus

Tirupati controversy should large temples be run by government trusts or traditional owners

Look at the level of interference - whose father is secular? Well even the almighty den of leftist liberals “The Hindu” spake thusly:

Temple and State

A good starting point - part 1 of 3 (to be published):
Courting God the Supreme Court attempts to rescue India’s Temples

Tamil Nadu is a special problem - because of the Hindu Endowment act, etc.... read this to follow the crazy!
Fence that eats the Crop!

Only Hindus are special and their institutions incuding temples the only ones to control:
Why we need to free Hindu Temples from Government Control

Temples are the economic platforms on India. Their function as the lending, financial and manufacturing hub has been detailed by many -
See Sanjeev Sanyal or R Vaidyanathan on this topic on YouTube if interested.
It is not merely the Liberalization of Temples™ that is at stake here...
The resurgence of India depends on such liberalization!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

In the part of Malloostan that we Mongolians know about, temples were really in bad shape. Some of us thought that was part of the holy ambience, but I guess the locals eventually realized that they had to do better. So they formed societies and collected funds. In the 1980s this was very hard. Initially it was school teachers who went door to door. But today in suburban areas, as $500K homes come up and property speculation goes through the roof with not-so-white money, this model is working very well: the "private" citizen societies really make a huge difference, and that brings more significant donations. Even the Devaswom Board-run major temples show systematic advancements, like keeping the grass green and cut, for instance.

One MAJOR problem in India is that donations to temples are **NOT** tax-deductible under "80G" at 100% level, most not even at 50% level. Only "places of national historical significance" are. This is ludicrous: I bet donations to Other Community places of worship are deductible. I found this to be utterly shocking. But when I consider that many donations may be made with zero-tax cash since it was not reported at all, maybe this made sense. Now that money has to be traceable thanx to Modemonetization, the 80G 100% is BADLY needed.

Now Trumpistan has sort-of made it difficult to donate to American charities too, but why don't Indians (the 80% Majority after who, 80G is named?) beat the crap out of their netas and demand this simple tax code revision? I think this would massively help the economic model that Pullikesiji is discussing: the temples should be asked to show that some significant portion of the 80G funds that they get, go into community development/social work rather than simply adding "gold" this and "silver" that. If temples got motivated and encouraged to put funds into education etc there could be fast rural development.

The reason why this is not happening, sadly, is the 80% doing Bhavitavyam Bhavet Eva, All is Maya, chalta hai. Meanwhile the Other Communities march ahead systematically. One has to admire their persistence, long-term vision and leadership. And followership.

As for "good temple management", these days one hears less of the SNAFUs that used to create regular fights and feuds. We had so little confidence that we set up deposits ourselves, with the interest going to the temple - for such things as paying the person who came to do the drumming. And paid tax to Mongolia/India on the interest!!!! Eventually just gave the deposit over to the temples, at least we don't have to pay tax on the interest. Maybe things ARE run better.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Speaking of Prof. V, I wonder why he can't influence the Niti Aayog or whoever to make the needed changes. Are things sooooo bad in the bureaucracy that 4.5 years into Modistan, things still can't be moved? How have things improved since the Mumble-Mumble days?
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Spread this far and wide. Print copies and distribute at temples. Send a bunch of copies with whoever makes the trip to Sabarimala. Let us hit the govt where it hurts!!

പ്രിയ അയ്യപ്പഭക്തരെ.....
സ്വാമിശരണം

ഇ വർഷം മലക്ക് പോകുന്ന എല്ലാ
അയ്യപ്പന്മാരും അല്പം മാറ്റങ്ങൾ വരുത്തി ശബരിമല ദർശനം നടത്തണം.
മല കയറി, പതിനെട്ടാം പടി കയറി, ഭഗവാനെ കണ്ട്, മനമുരുകി പ്രാർത്ഥിച്ച്, പ്രസാദം സ്വീകരിച്ച് തിരികെ പോരുക.
ഒരു രൂപ പോലും കാണികക ഇടരുത് ഒരു വഴിപാടും കഴിക്കരുത്.

കറുപ്പ് വസ്ത്രവും മാലയുമിട്ട്
41 ദിവസത്തെ വ്രതത്തോടെ അയ്യപ്പന് അഭിഷേകം ചെയ്യാൻ 'ഒരു നെയ്ത്തേങ്ങയും പരമ്പരാഗത ആചാരപ്രകാരമുള്ള കാണിപ്പണവും മാത്രമായി' ശബരിമല ദർശനം നടത്തുക.

ഭഗവാന് നമ്മുടെ പണം ആവശ്യമില്ല.
ഭഗവാന്റെ രക്ഷകർത്താവായിരിക്കേണ്ട ദേവസ്വം വകുപ്പ് ഭഗവാനെ വിൽപന ചരക്കാക്കുന്നത് അവസാനിപ്പിക്കാൻ ഇത് മാത്രമാണ് പോംവഴി

സ്വാമിയേ ശരണമയ്യപ്പാ

രാധാകൃഷ്ണൻ വരേണിക്കൽ
സെക്രട്ടറി
അഖില ഭാരതീയ അയ്യപ്പധർമ പ്രചാരസഭ, ഡൽഹി.

அய்யப்ப பக்தர்கள்
மலை மீது ஏறி, பதினெட்டாம் படி மேலே செல்ல, பகவான், இறைவனிடம் பிரார்த்தனை செய், அதை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டு திரும்பிப் பார்க்கவும்.
ஒரு ரூபாய்க்கு கூட எடுத்துக் கொள்ள வேண்டாம்.
கருப்பு ஆடை மற்றும் சங்கிலிகள்
41 நாட்கள் புனித யாத்திரை கொண்ட அய்யப்பனுக்கு அபிஷேகம் செய்வதற்காக 'ஒரு நெசவு மற்றும் பாரம்பரிய பழக்கவழக்கத்திற்கான பக்தி'.

பகவானின் தந்தையின் தேவஸ்வோம் திணைக்களமாக பகவான் விற்பனையை முடிவுக்கு கொண்டுவருவதற்கான ஒரே வழி இது

అయ్యప్ప భక్తులు
కొండకు వెళ్ళు, పద్దెనిమిదవ దశకు వెళ్లండి, భగవాను చూడండి, లార్డ్ ప్రార్థన, దాన్ని అంగీకరించాలి మరియు తిరిగి వెళ్ళు.
సమర్పణ తీసుకోకండి, ఒక్క రూపాయి కూడా తీసుకోకండి.
బ్లాక్ దుస్తులు మరియు గొలుసులు
శబరిమల యాత్రకు, 41 రోజుల యాత్రానంతో Ayyappan ను అభిషేకి చేసేందుకు 'నేత మరియు సాంప్రదాయ సంప్రదాయానికి భక్తి'.

భగవాను తల్లిదండ్రుల దేవస్వామి శాఖగా భగవాను అమ్మకం ముగిసే ఏకైక మార్గం ఇది

ಅಯ್ಯಪ್ಪ ಭಕ್ತರು
ಬೆಟ್ಟಕ್ಕೆ ಹೋಗಿ, ಹದಿನೆಂಟನೇ ಹೆಜ್ಜೆ ಹೋಗಿ, ಭಗವಾನ್ ನೋಡಿ, ದೇವರಿಗೆ ಪ್ರಾರ್ಥಿಸು, ಅದನ್ನು ಸ್ವೀಕರಿಸಿ ಹಿಂತಿರುಗಿ.
ಏಕೈಕ ರೂಪಾಯಿಯಾಗಿ ಅರ್ಪಿಸಬೇಡಿ.
ಕಪ್ಪು ಉಡುಪು ಮತ್ತು ಸರಪಳಿಗಳು
ಶಬರಿಮಾಲಾ ತೀರ್ಥಯಾತ್ರೆಗಾಗಿ, ಅಯ್ಯಪ್ಪನ್ ಅನ್ನು 41 ದಿನಗಳ ಯಾತ್ರಾಧಿಪತ್ಯದೊಂದಿಗೆ ಅಭಿಷೇಕಿಸಲು 'ನೇಯ್ಗೆ ಮತ್ತು ಸಾಂಪ್ರದಾಯಿಕ ಸಂಪ್ರದಾಯಕ್ಕೆ ಭಕ್ತಿ' ಮಾಡಿತು.

ಭಗವಾನ್ ಅವರ ಪೋಷಕರ ದೇವಸ್ವಮ್ ಇಲಾಖೆಯಾಗಿ ಭಗವಾನ್ನ ಮಾರಾಟವನ್ನು ಕೊನೆಗೊಳಿಸುವ ಏಕೈಕ ಮಾರ್ಗವೆಂದರೆ ಇದು

अयप्पा भक्त
पहाड़ी पर जाएं, अठारहवें कदम उठाएं, भगवान को देखें, भगवान से प्रार्थना करें, इसे स्वीकार करें और वापस जाएं।
एक भेंट न लें, यहां तक ​​कि एक रुपये भी।
काले कपड़े और चेन
सबरीमाला तीर्थयात्रा के लिए, 41 दिनों की तीर्थ यात्रा के साथ अयोधन को अभिषेक करने के लिए 'एक बुनाई और पारंपरिक रीति-रिवाज की भक्ति'।

भगवान के माता-पिता के देवस्ववम विभाग के रूप में भगवान की बिक्री को समाप्त करने का यही एकमात्र तरीका है....

"स्वामी शरणम....

राधाकृष्णन वेर्निकाल
सेक्रेटरी
अखिल भारतीय अय्यप्पधरमा प्रचार सभा, दिल्ली
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Yak Herder wrote: This is why I keep saying: Find better strategy. Use brains instead of emotions. Demand radical changes to pilgrimages at all temples. Better amenities, better hours, better number of days, better planning. Open the doors to more Hindus instead of finding excuses to block each other. And of course, take control of the temples into the community, and use them to "educate" the Devout. The groundswell of anger is there, but they have nooooooo clue just how bad things are. This issue may just be the trigger to start a mass education movement.
That is what the original 'Sree Narayana Guru' also said (and did) a century ago. :twisted:

(somewhat) famous Muralee Thummarukudy has self nicknamed MT the second. Maybe I could name you SNG the second?
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

JayS wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:
But how many will vote anti(commie-paki-congi-ej) come next May?
Bingo.
BJP could have taken the 'chaakara' if they had not planted their heads up their own musharraffs and went all 'brogrejjive yindoo and welcome the verdeict onlee'. I think with the effort of the state leadership, some of the lost ground is being taken back currently.

There is time. almost a month for the season to start, and 41 days thereafter to struggle. If the KL BJP can get their act together, and the central folk pull out their heads from the musharraffs and give support, they can dent the commies really bad. The National Idiot have thankfully vacated the arena. It is for the BJP to lose it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

This is action but why? (Not dissing, just wondering about the rationale). Govt collects moolah from the tax on the diesel of the buses. The KSRTC tickets. The GST on the "Kettu" items. The tax on the buses themselves. The food at the restaurants on the way (I doubt if the pilgrims bring enough food for 41 days, and gone are the days when they could depend on others feeding them, hain?

Ppl make offerings with very specific boons earmarked. I wonder if such ppl can be deflected - without offering alternatives. The writeup seems like pique, unless there is a plan.

What would be the effect of, say, a 15% cut in revenue at SM? Except a cut-back in hourly-paid laborers? Sand in the mouths of the tribal descendants of Sabari?

OTOH a closing of the temple citing, say, "Punyaham" that cuts the 20 million down to 5 million, would be a real serious disaster for the guvrmand. This is why the polis backed down when the Tantri threatened to lock the temple and walk away. There is no law preventing that, hain? Guvt. is out of ideas in this case, except to force the temple open with commie DalaiLama type ringers (THAT might bring real violence). I doubt if they can legally do that if it is not govt-owned land and facilities.

And what in houristan is an Akhila Bharatiya Prachar Sabha based in Dilli doing here anyway? Seems like **THAT*** is the worst commercialization of the tradition, is it not? A Akila Dunia MALLOO Ayyappa Bhakta Sangh might make a lot more sense, if it is based in either Pattanamthitta or Dubai. Or Coimbatore or Tiruppati. But DILLI? :?:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The most effective tactic so far was when the children formed a wall in front of the NYT Bibi in her Riot Gear, with the gora cameraman in tow. That totally unnerved them: Video of children daring to get beaten with lathis by Xylons in riot gear trying to clear the path for Unbeliever Americans coming there to sneer, not worship, would have REALLY destroyed their case.
Those children saved the tradition. They should be honoured as herrows/herrowines at local events, to whip up sentiment.

Would u happen to have any photos/videos of that tamasha, BTW? I can imagine some nice articles that can be composed around that. Maybe poems , lyrics as well.

Also, are the pics posted by CinemaRasik above, of women getting beaten, and lying bleeding from the head and ears, genuine? Current events, not recycled?

Creative talent needed. Waaay back, my first memory of Malloostan politics is a massive protest march by commies, a sea of red flags, and the refrain:

Ammeye jnangal marannalum
Floriye jnangal marakkoolla!!

(Even if we forget our Mother, we will not forget Florie)

If u happen to see any CPM netas, ask them if they remember Florie. Happens to be a girl who died in Polis Firing in some tamasha circa 1964 or 66. Her death played a big part in the elections sweep where the LDF won 109 out of 128 seats in the legislature.
Likewise, some lyrics along the lines of
PAtAm PAtAm Aromal chekavar
Pand(u) Angam vettiya kathakal...

should immortalize the heroism of the children who turned back the American Invaders and their Marxist-EJ-Isloo Polis fauj. Turn the Sabari Mala pilgrimage again into an inspiring martial campaign to win back Kerala for yindoos.

(Allooo! U no Hu with the FaceBook Fauj, hope u r reading, pls? )
Last edited by UlanBatori on 21 Oct 2018 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dileep wrote: SNG the second?
No need: Just quote Vivekananda:
Arise, Awake, and Stop Not Until The Goal Is (Kicked).
(commies' musharrafs kicked into the nets)
As E6C pointed out, Vivekananda was pushing desis to wake up and kick the British out. That was "The Goal" back in 1893. E6C happens to have worked on a team with MT-2. IIT-KL, and then "KL-2030".
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Pssst: This Rehana bibi is now officially haraam kufar
She also took part in ‘kiss of love’ agitation and acted in the nu .. ( :oops: sharam, sharam! She EXPOSED HER FOREARMS!!)
So expelled from Religion of biss.
BTW, I read that in this nude film she posed next to a pair of melons. :eek: :shock: Since the late Vijayashree (peace be upon her), there has been nooooo Malloo actress with the oomph to pose next to Melons. Tomatos maybe, oranges, even mangoes. But MELONS? Is this a new beginning for Malloowood? Do they still have the no-shirt policy at SM and shouldn't it apply to all worshippers now that they have equal rights?
OK... time to do penance for the blasphemy... :(( I confess that I can see why this sort of stuff could be severely disruptive to rigorous worship.

But all said and done, she should be welcomed into the yindoo community. Her level of chutzpah is what is really needed. Absolutely loved her EZ style of lying too, as she declared how she is just a bissful poor Govt. employee onlee. Didn't know BSNL offices were this interesting!
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

UB Sir.. you got is all wrong about the Flory incident. It was the communist govt who did it during the 'vimochana samaram' days, and they lost the subsequent election.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 36954.html
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Dileep wrote:UB Sir.. you got is all wrong about the Flory incident. It was the communist govt who did it during the 'vimochana samaram' days, and they lost the subsequent election.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 36954.html
Oops! Just remember a sea of flags and the yelling. May have been congi flags: I was too low-level maybe to understand which was which: OK ask congi netas if they remember Flory and watch their dumb looks. :lol:

Then it was the wonderful Congi-KL-Congi guvrmand that managed to get so popular that in the next election they got wiped out with the LDF getting 109/128 and EMS returning. Believe it or not, with 109 seats they only lasted 3 years I think. Next Vimochana Samaram.

But... my caution is that KL has a loooong history of this sort of cra*. Govt elected. Issue created. Protest marches. Satyagraham. Gherao. Hartal. Stone KSTRC buses. Tear gas. More stone-throwing, polis injured; polis go on rampage with lathi-charge, usually against innocents like students writing final exams in St. Albert's college, EKM. Huuuge strikes, more buses renovated. Ultimately, Polis fire. With their usual impeccable aim, they manage to kill some poor woman/child like the Pregnant Flory.

Govt. resigns or is dismissed. President's Rule. Win-win. The classic Invalid Vote used to be the one that was scribbled:
Saranam Ayyappa! Pls bring President's Rule!
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

what supreme court must have heard during the arguments in session.

all 'well connected' nair+namb+varma ladies used to visit the shrine by hook or by crook if they so desired and they had a pressing need to so. Recently some such 'well connected' lady asked dewa-swom minister mr. kadakampilly surendran if she could visit the shrine because she wanted to visit 'NOW'. He replied, just wait for this storm to subside, then you can go as you pls.

So restrictions were only for the not connected folks like Rehana (now Surya?) and rest. This more than anything must have swayed the hizonners to making the decision.

This also leaves one in a quandry, because in all supreme court verdicts concerning kerala, I feel not even in one justice has been given to the weaker status quo parties. In Ker vs TN (floods for Ker & only watee for TN), another example of the genius of hizonners is found here. And now when they make a seemingly empowering judgement, state is engulfed in riots. IOW nothing positive for kerala can come from the hizonners. Anyways what was the pressing need for Sri dipak misra to pass 8 judgements in 2 days just before retirement. Maybe the idea was to provide maximum benefits for certain party before walking off into sunset. In any case WHERE ARE THE PETITIONERS, the ladies from MH & DL who were itching to visit sabarimala. Can they be forced or dragged by hair to visit now pls.

Regarding protests and LAKHS involved I am yet to be convinced it is a protest beyond nair, vishwakarma, kaniyan, thattan, and some other aristocratic communities. No idea on the base of these protests because 1000 people can easily fill up a narrow kerala street. Only state of India where national highway is restricted to 40m in many places.

But no point in talking about all these things anyway because mob mentality has taken over and it will not heed to sense or reason.
Javee
BRF Oldie

Post by Javee »

^^Your fake outrage on KL alone getting shafted in SC and bringing in TN is a neat way of dividing the popular support from other states. No one is going to fall for it. Sabarimalai is the largest annual pilgrimage site in the world with at least 20 million people visiting the abode. So it's not just lakhs but lakhs and lakhs of people protesting from all over south India. So yes, there is no point in talking about all these things, because it's not a mob, it's a god damn city.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Javee wrote:^^Your fake outrage on KL alone getting shafted in SC and bringing in TN is a neat way of dividing the popular support from other states. No one is going to fall for it. Sabarimalai is the largest annual pilgrimage site in the world with at least 20 million people visiting the abode. So it's not just lakhs but lakhs and lakhs of people protesting from all over south India. So yes, there is no point in talking about all these things, because it's not a mob, it's a god damn city.
Cool it guys. No personal attacks. This is as emotive an issue as possible. Let's discuss this civilly or not at all.

No Blue on Blue.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

habal wrote:In any case WHERE ARE THE PETITIONERS, the ladies from MH & DL who were itching to visit sabarimala. Can they be forced or dragged by hair to visit now pls.
That's the question I am also asking. On most occasions, the Courts have straightaway dismissed cases on the fact that the petitioners were unconnected with the issue on hand. Why did they entertain then the case filed by a Muslim and another lady who probably didn't even know where Sabarimala was?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Sabarimala row: Two A.P. women return from Pampa after protests break out - The Hindu
A noisy protest broke out at Pampa on Sunday morning when a group of persons objected to two women from Andhra Pradesh trekking uphill to the Sabarimala temple.

The protesters demanded that the police verify their age before allowing them to ascend the 4 km forest path to the hill shrine. The police escorted them to the safety of their barracks and persuaded the women pilgrims to abandon their plan to worship at the hill shrine. The women gave written statements to the police that they were returning home on their own volition because they did not want to precipitate a law and order situation.

The police identified the women as Vasanthi, 46, and Adhisheshi, 42.
They had arrived at Pampa with their male relatives.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

SSridhar wrote:
habal wrote:In any case WHERE ARE THE PETITIONERS, the ladies from MH & DL who were itching to visit sabarimala. Can they be forced or dragged by hair to visit now pls.
That's the question I am also asking. On most occasions, the Courts have straightaway dismissed cases on the fact that the petitioners were unconnected with the issue on hand. Why did they entertain then the case filed by a Muslim and another lady who probably didn't even know where Sabarimala was?
Perhaps they are performing the 41 day Vratam before embarking on their pilgrimage!
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Just back after a two day trip to KL. I landed up on Friday, and the previous night itself there were rumours of "some one important" would be taken to the Sabari Mala shrine. It was said to be Trupthi Desai (who actually was sitting inside a prison cell as GoMH had ordered preventive detention on another issue). The rumour also became strong as the police had asked maximum devotees in Sabari Mala NOT to camp there overnight, but do go down hill to Pamba. It was a grand strategy to sanitise the area. When Rehana Fathima and the Kavitha Koshi @ Jakkal were taken up to Sabari Mala, there was only a minimum number of devotees. But they just did not budge from their position. That move, along with the off-duty priests joining the devotees and the chief priest and Pandalam Royal family planning for closing down the temple, sealed the deal. On Friday afternoon it was very clear that Kerala Police would now not allow any woman to make such attempts.

GoKL and Kerala Police is now in a face saving mode. Sreejith, IGP who took the two woman up the hill is a Hindu and a very devoted one as well. This is not his first stint at Sabari Mala, and he is also a regular at Kollur Mookambika temple. Manoj Abraham was pulled out of this operation, perhaps due to the way he handled the first day of protest at Nilakkal & Pamba. The police force used in the first day were mainly RTPCs (recruits) who did not even have their CPO numbers allotted to them. They technically are not police men. These recruits also had indulged in vandalism (and one chap, also did theft) in their eagerness to do their (perhaps first) lathi charge. But many in social media did sympathise with the police; as they were really helpless. IGP Sreejith also handled the situation at the shrine quite well. He only tried to reason with the devotees, and never issued a threat or used any other standard police coercive tactics.

The DGP has said that he would have to do a review of every police action done at Sabari Mala. The Devaswom Board has decided to submit a report to Supreme Court and Kerala High Court. They are not filing a review petition; as many others have already done that. And in all such petitions Devaswom Board has been listed as the defendant. It is said that the Board is trying to buy time stating the incidents which happened as well as the fact that Sabari Mala also was badly affected by floods. They plan to get the report to be listed tomorrow itself, as the court would reopen after the Dusserah holidays :). The state government under the communists have also realised that they have completely lost the game. They are now just whining about police force being split on religious grounds etc. The other wise job-less cheif of the commies, Yechuri is trying to equate Triple Talaq and Sabari Mala issues. The BJP is asking the state government to pass a resolution against the Sabari Mala verdict, after which they will talk to the Central Govt and would ensure that all help comes from there as well ;).

Tomorrow the temple would close down, and would only open next month. But politics has now completely taken over the issue. The BJP is now making every one among the Sangh Parivar who supported the verdict to make U turns. RSS made a U turn, and today Subramanian Swamy also made a U turn. These are clear indications that the BJP is planning to use this issue to their advantage. Which also worries me as this may also ensure that the issue does not have a permanent solution, just like the Rama Janma Bhoomi case. The BJP will want to keep the "issue open" so that it can be used anytime :(. The Congress party too is trying to milch the issue, and have even promised assistance of folks like Kapil Sibal to take this up again at Supreme Court.

The most crooked people who interfered in Sabari Mala would be the main stream media. It was they who started sending ONLY female reporters to report the events at Sabari Mala. It was only media personnel who said they want to go up the temple as part of their "official duty". The Malayalam news channels were also deliberately planting incorrect news, and also tried to portray the devotees as a group of uncouth people. "Asianet News" was the worst among the lot and a group of hackers actually hacked their web site in protest :rotfl:. The news channel is NOT under the ownership of Rajiv Chandrasekhar, AFAIK. The only news channel which supported Sabari Mala and the devotees was "Janam TV" (a channel which is very pro-BJP).

The communists, the nasty main stream media of India, "seculars & progressive liberals" could not find a single Hindu woman devotee who was willing to go up the shrine. They had to bring in dubious characters to make an attempt. But it was only the strong will and the faith of the Ayyappa devotees which ultimately protected their faith and their God.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

habal wrote: Recently some such 'well connected' lady asked dewa-swom minister mr. kadakampilly surendran if she could visit the shrine because she wanted to visit 'NOW'. He replied, just wait for this storm to subside, then you can go as you pls.
That is not an example of "influential" people. CPIM is trying very hard to find a woman who do not have a bad social media trail AND willing to go up. The problem is, they can't find any.
habal wrote: So restrictions were only for the not connected folks like Rehana (now Surya?) and rest.
Whaddayamean 'not connected'? She is 'chank bro' with Bineesh Kodiyeri, and god knows who all high and powerful ate Watermelons with her. Anyway, she is NOT Surya and NOT Yindoo. She was excommunicated from the Sunni sect yesterday onlee.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The MSM people thought that they can easily intimidate the poor unejukated people who worship a bronze statue with their "are you dominating wimmin on the street" like rhetoric. All those vanished from the scene in just a day and half.

Malayalam media mostly made U-Turns, except an odd Vinu V John.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Dileep wrote:She was excommunicated from the Sunni sect yesterday onlee.
It would be interesting to know the reason given for the ex-communication.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

SSridhar wrote:A noisy protest broke out at Pampa on Sunday morning when a group of persons objected to two women from Andhra Pradesh trekking uphill to the Sabarimala temple.
This has been a perennial problem for quite some time. It is women from AP & TS who come year after year to Sabari Mala, but I do feel that it is purely because they do NOT know the tradition & customs at Sabari Mala. These visits are due to the ignorance of the unique traditions of Sabari Mala, and never done due to malice. The two women voluntarily came down after the police explained the situation and the traditions to them (an activity which the police has been doing excellently for very many years ;) ). Yesterday a lady did face a sad situation when the devotees were not convinced of her age. There was (and still is) a strong feeling among the Ayyappa devotees that the government is hell bent on destroying their faith/belief system. The fakes and "activists" have now managed to cause distrust.

Update at 1412Hrs IST: One more woman from A.P reaches the point just below the holy 18 steps. She had lied on her age at the points down hill. And her Aadhaar card (which she conveniently carried) showed her age as 46. The police have now asked her to go back. This could be a case of Naxals (urban or rural) who are aplenty in A.P trying to play their nasty games. Perhaps Aadhaar card was taken in order to visit the shrine, and then openly declare that her age is in the currently banned age bracket.
nandakumar wrote:Perhaps they are performing the 41 day Vratam before embarking on their pilgrimage!
They can do the Vrith the way they want. But there are very many other steps to take up this pilgrimage. They have to wear the mandatory necklace at a Hindu temple, with a Guru Swamy (a person who has visited Sabari Mala 18+ times) initiating the ceremony. Then there is the very traditional custom of doing the Kettu Nira (in which the mandatory items which every pilgrim would be carrying is prepared and packed), which is also done by a Guru Swamy. And without these, no person will be allowed to climb the holy 18 steps leading to the shrine. No Guru Swamy, a true devotee of Ayyappa would initiate these ceremonies for dubious women like Trupti Desai, Rehna Fathima etc.
Javee wrote:Your fake outrage on KL alone getting shafted in SC and bringing in TN is a neat way of dividing the popular support from other states. No one is going to fall for it. Sabarimalai is the largest annual pilgrimage site in the world with at least 20 million people visiting the abode.
Well said. In fact among the devotees who did the protest against the NY times reporter, it was the devotees from TN who were the most active. And that also reassured me that Sabari Mala is like a mass movement in South India. State, religion, caste, community does not matter. The whole pilgrimage is a test of self discipline, determination and belief.
Rehana's FB post today - claiming that she will sue the channel that said she had sanitary napkins in the irumudi also claiming that the vandals destroyed her kids toys, uniform etc..
How did she even manage to make the Irumudi Kettu itself is a big question. This "packing of items" is done under the supervision of a Guru Swamy. As we say in Malayalam - "ഇത് പട്ടി ചന്തക്ക് പോകുന്ന പോലെ അല്ല" (it is not as easy as a dog going to a market, and then just wandering there).
habal wrote:Regarding protests and LAKHS involved I am yet to be convinced it is a protest beyond nair, vishwakarma, kaniyan, thattan, and some other aristocratic communities.
:). As they say in Malayalam - "നിന്റെ വിശ്വാസം നിന്നെ രക്ഷിക്കട്ടെ” (may your belief, save you) ;). These so called "aristocratic" communities are a miniscule of the population. Every single community leader (including the U turn champion Vellappally Nadeshan) have taken a stand against the government policy and the court order. It just the way they articulated things would be different. And then Sabari Mala is not a temple where only Keralites go, people from South India (again cutting across caste, community lines) visit in large numbers. I suggest you keep an eye on the Mandala Kaalam which is fast approaching. This is the peak season at Sabari Mala. See the crowd, see the way the police does the crowd control.
Dileep wrote:There is time. almost a month for the season to start, and 41 days thereafter to struggle. If the KL BJP can get their act together, and the central folk pull out their heads from the musharraffs and give support, they can dent the commies really bad.
My gut feeling. This issue would get "resolved" (or at least some kind of amicable situation reached) before the peak season starts. K.P has actually thrown up their hands and said that they cannot do any thing further. The commies have also understand that Kannur (commie strong hold) is part of Kerala, and not the other way round. The "party village" customs and traditions cannot be implemented else where. The communist government will use the Shikhandi they have - the Travancore Devaswom Board - to approach the court and get some amicable solution. Because in the peak season if any such gimmicks are done, Kerala most likely would see another vimochana samaram. Governor taking reports, and the IB giving very accurate instructions to the state government (on who will try to make entry) and now BJP also becoming hard core Ayyappa devotees are signs that some solution would be found soon. The commies will have to do some U turns, at least to keep BJP away.
I am willing to bet that CPIM (as usual) missed the people's pulse by a mile, and will lose miserably in the next election. If BJP is smart, they can garner much of the fallout and win a few seats.
If the Sabari Mala issue gets a permenant resolution, the commies still have time to regroup. The GoKL has said that they are willing to accept any orders from Hon.SC and would abide by it. They have now become true lovers of Supreme Court verdicts ;). And they are trying to pass the buck to the judiciary again. Which also worries me, because BJP would then try to keep the issue in "suspended animation" for playing political games. The communists are trying to split Hindus on caste lines, and also expecting the minority religions to still support them. There is a court verdict to hand over a church to a specific X'ian sect (Orthodox group); and there should be a movement to force the commies to implement that Hon.SC verdict also.
chandrasekaran wrote:Sorry, I think the highlighted part is just a lame excuse. The notice without any highlighting just reads as any other "wish washy advisory" from a sarkari babu.
Sorry to disagree with you, sir. This seems to be the best report IB can give to a state government. Note the words, "civil/woman rights activists", and also the notes on the general feeling of Hindu society in Kerala. Note the word "sizeable number of women" among the groups protesting against the verdict. This itself should have alerted the state government and police on what is to be expected. Yet, the state government and police tried to get these "activists" up the hill shrine. What was the Kerala Govt. expecting? IB to actually tell the names of the women activists who would be coming? And their Aadhaar # as well? ;). It is clear that IB knew exactly who would be trying to gain entry, what is the public sentiment and where the protests would be held.
As per this new item - http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=2127423, looks like notices have been sent to all the priests of Sabarimala to "explain" their behavior for their Dharna yesterday
Nothing is going to happen to the priests :D. In Sabari Mala among the priests there is a kind of hierarchy. The big boss is the Thantri (the chief priest, who said he would close down the temple). Under his command is the Mel Shanthi (who is the head priest, who works under the chief priest). Under the Mel Shanthi are a lot of apprentices and junior priests, who generally assist their superiors. These people are generally taken on a contract basis, and also work on a "shift pattern". The junior priests who did the protest were "off duty" priests, and all they did was to chant Ayyappa bhajans.
arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

https://deccanchronicle.com/nation/curr ... -rain.html

Didnt see SP manju's name in last two pages. She tried to go up yesterday but had to come back. As per link has 14 cases against her.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Activist Rehana to seek legal recourse - Hiran Unnikrishnan, The Hindu
A day after her unsuccessful attempt to climb the holy hillock in Sabarimala, activist Rehana Fatima wants to continue her fight by seeking legal recourse against the chief priest and the protesters.

“I have decided to sue the chief priest, who along with the others, joined the protesters and invoked my Muslim identity to call for purification of the hill route through which I travelled. Considering that the hill shrine is the most-known secular place of worship, their real intention was to outrage religious feelings and thus cause a communal riot,” said Ms. Fatima, who works as a telecom technician with the State-run BSNL, on Saturday.

‘Will not go again’

This, according to her, was one of the factors that made her change her decision and call off the attempt to go to the temple half way.

Despite having failed the first time in her endeavour, Ms. Fatima does not want to attempt it again. “I will not visit the temple ever again even if I am given a chance. For, people out there, including the chief priest, harbour casteism and untouchability in their mind, as was evident during their protests at the Sannidhanam,” she said. Besides the chief priest, she is also looking to initiate action against the protesters under provisions of the POCSO Act for using children as shields.