Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

Post by UlanBatori »

Can someone pls explain the picture shown at this Hundistan Crimes webpage?

Why are there ppl in shirt and pants so close to the inner shrine? Isn't there any wall there? First time I have seen a temple with such an open construction. HT is basically saying there that devotees used violence against wimmen reporters, which I have seen twice now. Hope ppl in desh write and slam HT and other media spreading lies: I don't know that any wimmen reporter actually got hurt. Egos maybe, ears maybe, but that's just their fault. Were any actually hurt, physically?
Firstpost:
The Sabarimala Action Committee, a group of various Hindu outfits spearheading the agitation, claimed hundreds of women have come forward to defend their faith and customs at the temple and will do so on 5 November.
A leader of the committee said these women will take up positions at various points along the 5-kilometre trek from Pampa to the temple on 5 and 6 November and ensure that no woman belonging to the menstruating age cross the point and reach the temple. The decision to field women has been taken in the light of the lathi charge on the protesters at Nilackal, the main gateway to the hill shrine, and the subsequent arrest of more than 3,000 persons, mostly men, who took part in the agitation during the monthly puja. The committee has also adopted this strategy as the Kerala Police does not have enough women personnel to take on the female protesters.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Suddenly the BJP govt looks like it is not a party of Hindus but it is playing with Hindu politics. Harshvardhan is all gleeful with 2 hour only cracker ban on Diwali and has gone motormouth. The police there under central control is going around arresting kids/parents who are bursting cracker, I gather there is no other crime in Delhi that day or until Diwali and this is the only job that the cops have (what about stopping any murder, theft, traffic violation, drunkards…). MH govt is also showing the same enthusiasm, perhaps more in banning crackers ..specially in Nasik. The husband of Amruta Fadnavis is showing more glee in being secular, perhaps more than cong CMs have been. And the BJP central leadership is pehaps waiting for the temple to be desecrated so that it may win grand 1 seat in Kerala (what is Hindu faith, 1 seat is more valuable).
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Delhi and Ahmedabad for starters.
UBji,
UCC is a non starter. The secular state cannot enforce loudspeaker bans or enter certain areas in cities n towns and you want
it to enforce UCC? Guess who it'll be enforced upon just like these deepawali arrests? Fighting for parity in laws is a better goal than fighting for bringing everyone under a single uniform law. Owaisi types will yell '<unmentionable word>' and cry state oppression of minorities one onlee and we'll have idiots in bjp like guj & fadnavis who will enforce laws by the book upon hapless yindoos while stealing temple money for state projects with no recognition or approval. No thanks.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

#SaveSabarimalaTradition Very clear message from Pandalam Palace. Tantri is the authority to decide whether the temple should be closed or not. First time in the history when this kind of Police siege is seen in #Sabarimala which is very painful./b]

https://twitter.com/surnell/status/1059126435833622528
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

fanne wrote:Suddenly the BJP govt looks like it is not a party of Hindus but it is playing with Hindu politics. Harshvardhan is all gleeful with 2 hour only cracker ban on Diwali and has gone motormouth. The police there under central control is going around arresting kids/parents who are bursting cracker, I gather there is no other crime in Delhi that day or until Diwali and this is the only job that the cops have (what about stopping any murder, theft, traffic violation, drunkards…). MH govt is also showing the same enthusiasm, perhaps more in banning crackers ..specially in Nasik. The husband of Amruta Fadnavis is showing more glee in being secular, perhaps more than cong CMs have been. And the BJP central leadership is pehaps waiting for the temple to be desecrated so that it may win grand 1 seat in Kerala (what is Hindu faith, 1 seat is more valuable).
Glad you are seeing what other hindus are complaining.

In KL if BJP is waiting for things to get out of control (which already is) and capitalize on anger then they are wrong. They can win hearts only by putting end to this in devotees favor. Devotees are going through anxiety and that means anger against everyone and unforgiveness. Congress can play 'helplessness' card since they are neither in state or in center to influence things. There is big probability of devotees going to congress en mass.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Havent seen anyone do this better:

1) Commies were bawling a lot about that big statue in Gujarat and what a waste of money it is (compared to Lenin's pick-axe faced ones)
2) Commie CM is being projected by fellow commies as "Navodhana Nayakan", meaning "Hero of new upliftment", for pushing in mohatarmas that get rashes from clothes
3) In this cartoon titled "Statue of Navodhana", the self-styled Navdodhana Nayakan's statue is shown rising about the original, deeply revered heroes of enlightened upliftment, (L to R) Sree Narayana Guru, Ayyankali and Chattampi Swamy. Of course, no need to notice the imprisoned ayyapas at his foot.

Original link
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

At least grand statues can recover money over the time through tourism. But what court and GoKL have done is waste of taxpayers' money on something completely avoidable. Spending crores of rupees on someone's emotion when actual law and order within the country can have lot of improvements.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Latest updates (from Malayalam news sources);
1)Police block devotees’ vehicles at Erumeli. The bandobust scheme already seems to be cracking and things would slowly get more ugly in the afternoon hours when more devotees start coming in. The original plan was to allow the pilgrims only to move forward in the afternoon hours. But there is already a crowd formed there.
2)Angry pilgrims protest at Erumeli; Allow us to go, they plead. And the latest update is that groups of pilgrims have started walking towards Pampa from Nilakkal (the "base camp"), a distance of 17km. The original plan was to take the pilgrims only via Ke.SRTC buses (for which they have to bear the ticket costs). The police thought that with this "controlled movement" of pilgrims it would be easier to manage things. And there are also rumours that Sangh workers have all been advised to take the vrutha and trek the hill as pilgrims.
3)‘Nada’ will be closed if customs are violated: Melsanthi {head-priest}. That was a statement; but hope it does not go to a stage where it has to be executed.
UlanBatori wrote:HT is basically saying there that devotees used violence against wimmen reporters, which I have seen twice now.
When the shrine opened last time; there were also many local groups (who are Ayyappa devotees, but have not taken the vrutha to goto the temple as pilgrims) who actively stopped buses and vehicles to check if women are trying to sneak in. This temple also has big importance in districts like Pathanamthitta, Idukki as it is also their "local temple" (and matter of pride). This was when TV channels tried to deliberately cause problems by sneaking in women reporters. These women crew were asked to go back. There were no violence used against wimmen reporters, but they were shouted at and asked to go back. The wimmen reporters who have the standard journalist attitude (of barging in every where with a camera and microphone), did try to push their way through but seeing the crowd they could not go. Public anger was also building up (and may have become more violent) and police actually pushed all the wimmen reporters into a police bus. Many of the wimmen crew from North India, and they neither had clue on the customs at Sabari Mala, and also were not in a mood to observe the sentiments of the local people. "Media magistrates" like Arnab Goswami is now hollering against the Sabari Mala devotees? For the simple reason; he too send in wimmen reporters who later had to sit with their heads low in the police bus. And ultimately the intuition of the local protestors was true. It was media crew wimmen who were insensitive to the faith and tried to sneak in with the police protection and the "journalist" tag.
abhijitm wrote:In KL if BJP is waiting for things to get out of control (which already is) and capitalize on anger then they are wrong. They can win hearts only by putting end to this in devotees favor. Devotees are going through anxiety and that means anger against everyone and unforgiveness. Congress can play 'helplessness' card since they are neither in state or in center to influence things. There is big probability of devotees going to congress en mass.
I would be honest, and even now I do have doubts on BJP's plans in Kerala. You are right, if BJP is trying to play cheap politics using the faith of the common Ayyappa devotee then rest assured they will remain powerless in KL for decades to come. Kerala's Congress is not playing the 'helplessness' card. With Pappu himself "okaying" the moves of Kerala PCC, they are leveraging the legal options. On social media it is how ever the pro-Sangh activists and groups which are spreading the message (defend the faith) across. And this also helps, as the news spreads far & wide.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

It is despicable by delhi police to arrest someone for celebrating festival. At the most he should have been warned or simply fine and let go. This is what we as a society reduced to? to give unnecessary trauma and stress to families during festival times? Here in India you are fined and let go if you break traffic rule, stricter punishment for celebrating once in a year festival with kids!! unbelievable.

I hope Delhi will never elect harshvardhan and his green gang.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Anjali George @Kuvalayamala

Who pays for the police bandobast in Sabarimala?

Hindus.

Travancore Devaswom board has to pay for the police.

From where they get money?

Hundi

So in this secular Democrazy, Hindus pay for the police brutality on them by the Secular govt which is hellbent to desecrate temple

10:32 AM - 4 Nov 2018
Javee
BRF Oldie

Post by Javee »

UlanBatori wrote:Can someone pls explain the picture shown at this Hundistan Crimes webpage?

Why are there ppl in shirt and pants so close to the inner shrine? Isn't there any wall there? First time I have seen a temple with such an open construction. HT is basically saying there that devotees used violence against wimmen reporters, which I have seen twice now. Hope ppl in desh write and slam HT and other media spreading lies: I don't know that any wimmen reporter actually got hurt. Egos maybe, ears maybe, but that's just their fault. Were any actually hurt, physically?
Firstpost:
Media houses wantonly sent female journalists to cover this protest. They will come up with a powerful defense saying the last male fiefdom is breaking upon the power of desi nari shati and who better than women journalists to cover the historic event. Most of the women journalists are in fact claiming that its their duty/job to cover this mega event on women rights.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

UlanBatori wrote: Why are there ppl in shirt and pants so close to the inner shrine? Isn't there any wall there? First time I have seen a temple with such an open construction.
There is no "dress code" at Sabarimala. Many people wear the shorts we call 'bermuda' since it is very convenient for the trek. The only code within the pedestal is barefoot. Even 'police ayyappas' go barefoot there.

I for one wear only the black mundu and a 'thorth' to cover the flabs right from the point of 'lifting the bundle' at our local temple till coming back to the vehicle at Pampa. I will put on a shirt once back at the vehicle.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

The poor Thantri Bh. Kandararu Rajeevaru is in 'house arrest' in his room at the sannidhanam with police guard in front. He is not allowed to see media, and there is mobile jammer there. This apparently to keep him un-informed about wimmin approaching. I think the tactics is to get them the darshan before he gets a chance to close the temple.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Dileep wrote:The poor Thantri Bh. Kandararu Rajeevaru is in 'house arrest' in his room at the sannidhanam with police guard in front.
Then he may have to be brought out under "police guard" to open the temple doors at 5PM. Because the temple doors are opened by the chief priest (Rajeevararu) and the head priest on duty (Unnikrishnan?). Without these two officiating the ceremonies, the religious functions cannot begin. And I also understand that the head priest also has said that he would have to close down the temple and wait for the chief priest's instructions if he finds out that women have entered the Sannidhanam.
I think the tactics is to get them the darshan before he gets a chance to close the temple.
That is actually a bit tricky. The temple actually only opens up for darshan at 5PM, AFTER the head priest and chief priest open the temple doors after the rituals. If that cannot be done, then the temple is ideally not opened. And pilgrims would have already reached there, and then trying to push in women through this crowd would be detected. And even people shouting out to the priests will get the message across (phone jammers etc. would be useless then).

Mobile phone jammers installed at Sannidhanam. (in front of the rooms of the chief & head priests only). But as per news pilgrims have already started the trek up hill and there would be a large group of pilgrims at Sannidhanam before the rituals even begin. I was just wondering how the women can be brought in; when men pilgrims have already flooded the area.

Sabarimala: Pillai’s controversial remark irks BJP. BJP's idiotic state leadership continues to damage the whole cause at Sabari Mala. This fellow makes a grand statement that the chief priest had consulted him before deciding to close down the temple when police came with the two women. And then goes onto say that so far the BJP's plan (regarding Sabari Mala) is working perfectly, and one by one the trouble maker groups including commies have fallen into their trap :roll:. Now to counter this the GoKL is threatening the chief priest that they will book him on charges of causing L&O problems, communal unrest etc.

I feel the current plan is to psychologically wear down the chief priest, by pressurising him and also taking away his access to people whom he wishes to remain in contact.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

This is now becoming harassment, pure and simple. Preventive detention of the temple head priest himself. What next, arrest Ayyappa too for his vows not being constitutional?

At this point, the commies know there is no coming back to power in KL (or anywhere else in India for that matter), so they are maximizing the damage in order to appeal to the secular voters (those that remain, and some minority votes) next time and retain a few seats. Ack too onlee.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

arvin
BRFite

Post by arvin »

Sachin wrote:
Sabarimala: Pillai’s controversial remark irks BJP. BJP's idiotic state leadership continues to damage the whole cause at Sabari Mala. This fellow makes a grand statement that the chief priest had consulted him before deciding to close down the temple when police came with the two women. And then goes onto say that so far the BJP's plan (regarding Sabari Mala) is working perfectly, and one by one the trouble maker groups including commies have fallen into their trap :roll:..
Kerala BJP clearly has not learnt anything from its kerala floods experience where one of its leaders made some loose statements regarding flood donation. Here is where INC is leagues ahead in terms of stating its position clearly with a sophisticated PR machinery in place. Looks like there is no pre written script. And they are unmindful of the fact that every word would be analysed by leftist media.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Latest update is that one woman showed up at Pampa (how convenient onlee) requesting access. So, tomorrow morning we will see the riot gear procession once again I guess.

I choose to believe that whatever Bh. Rajeevaru does is the wish of the lord himself. If he gives up and let women come, I will take that. After all, it is him who decides the behaviour of the Deity. If he closes down the temple, I support that. If he gets into legal trouble (which I seriously doubt) because of closing the temple, I would be among the first one to donate to a 'legal aid fund'.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Janmam TV is prohibited beyond Pampa
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

what is the place to get the latest news on Sabarimala (so that I cannot sleep again today). Please have that in English/Hindi (unfortunately that is how far my literacy goes).
TIA
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

From the loud and shrill :(( :(( I gather that the grand plans fizzled as the Tantri declared his intention to close the temple.
If they keep the Tantri in house arrest, who is opening the temple? Isn't that the simple answer? A temple opened while the tantri is restrained, is an invasion, nothing sacred or valid about worshipping there. It is no better than Alauddin Khilji taking over the temple, to use an analogy from the movies.
Pillai's revelation has been viewed by leaders of rival parties as an open admission of the conspiracy hatched by the BJP to use the apex court verdict for communal polarisation.
And the Views of Leaders of Rival Parties matters as much as a fa** in thunderstorm. Yup! Very significant.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

What's latest update now? Any woman "devotee" tired to enter? Soviet union would be proud with the iron curtain carry by commie government.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Shouldn't these Protestors be arrested for carrying forbidden water bottles, hain? :shock:

The headline says ONE WOMAN seeks entry, and inside it says:
A woman, believed to be around 30 years old, has sought the help of police to trek towards the shrine..She was accompanied by her husband and two children, after which a large number of devotees gathered at an auditorium and began protesting against her arrival. “She is currently at a police control room,” a police official told PTI. “No decision has been taken so far on whether to take her to the temple or not today.”
er... aren't some of these Holy Protestors clean-shaven/2-day stubble beards? Are they legit Devotees?

From the Innocent Babe-In-The-Woods Comrade "Only 5 murder cases" CM Himself
The odious politics and perfidious ways of BJP stand exposed. Evidence has surfaced that BJP leaders in the State connived to create trouble in Sabarimala. It must be noted that their State president himself was involved in the ruse. This is highly condomabal.
228 replies 943 retweets 2,250 likes
:((
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Nov 2018 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Dileep wrote:Latest update is that one woman showed up at Pampa (how convenient onlee) requesting access. So, tomorrow morning we will see the riot gear procession once again I guess.
Karthik S wrote:What's latest update now? Any woman "devotee" tired to enter? Soviet union would be proud with the iron curtain carry by commie government.
News update at 2125Hrs IST: The woman (name Anju) has now told the police that she only came this far because her husband insisted her to do so. Now who this husband? A CPI(M) worker, who has now been postively ID-ed. There is already a protest march going ahead to their home, and K.P have to now send in some policemen to provide protection for their home. The latest update is that the woman's relatives were summoned and she is being taken back by the relatives. But you never know; the police may try bringing her back again.
SaiK wrote:Janmam TV is prohibited beyond Pampa
No, they are very much there. K.P had earlier thought to ban every news media channel at Sabari Mala. But Janam TV landed up at Sabari Mala with some "special permission" (!?). And once they were in on the hill top, police said there is no media ban at all ;).
https://janamtv.com/live/ - As per this; Janam TV have their reporters at Sannidhanam just below the 18 steps.

I am just waiting to see what is the plan after 2200Hrs today. The police is trying to evict the pilgrims from the hill top. Generally pilgrims camp over night to take part in a ritual which only starts in the morning hours. They finish that and walk down (when the next set would be coming up). The news I have heard is that police have even locked up the toilets etc. If the police manage to evict every pilgrim from the hill top;
a) they would get a "sanitised" temple for the next day morning. And they can work a plan to take women first thing in the morning (but it has to be really early; because the temple opens up at 0300Hrs).
b) there would be lot of pilgrims who would not be able to complete the ceremony (called Neyyabishekam). Pilgrims who would have to go down, would have to climb the hill back again in the morning to try completing this ceremony. This would not go well with the pilgrims.

Mean while Kerala High Court has sharply criticised the "police action" which happened last month.
Sabarimala: HC censures govt over media ban, demands action against police.
High court inquired the government why it hadn’t taken any action against the police for attacking devotees and destroying vehicles. The court instructed the government to take same actions against police that the police took against the devotees.

PS: Based on this court directive, the vehicle owners should file cases against the police officials at their local courts. The police men involved were all untrained RTPCs (Recruit Trainee Police Constables), who technically are not police men. Get a few of them (some of them have already exposed themselves in social media) to make mandatory court appearances. S-crew up their training period, keep the court case looming; as these would even jeopardize their careers.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Y not the Tantri demand that Polis withdraw b4 temple is opened again? He would need backing by Pandalam family I guess.
Point is that Victory as defined by CPIM is to get a wimmens into the darshanam. But if they break the locks of the nada then that is going to be a huge issue, I think many Polis themselves will balk at that.

The Tantri etc have already said that peaceful worship is disturbed when it is done at gun/lathi-point. Say that the environment needs to be cleansed of armed unbelievers before pilgrims can have a chance to worship.

So there will be a standoff below, as the Tantri's concerns look justified to the Devotees. Time is on the side of the temple in that scenario. Every hour that the Polis hang around, the worshippers get angrier, the polis get more tired, etc. The Media salivate at the prospect of violence, and the guvrmand sweats under the bright lights.
Locking up the toilets shows that there are real Einsteins at work in TVM. :roll:

Just an observation: TOI reporting is clearly showing signs that the Big Mo is swinging. There is something compelling about the sight of millions of free Indians ignoring Big Guvrmand or giving them the :P , history is in the making. Mumbaikars are going to be delighted. The headline actually says:
Temple Opens Yet Again, But No Wimmens of 'Barred' Age Group Visible
Pic shows thousands of devotees cramming a bridge. IOW, that the huge polis bandobust is starting to look ridiculous. TOI will welcome anything that makes Officialdom look like idiots, even more than making yindoos look bad, or the sight of yindoos getting beaten up.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 05 Nov 2018 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

UlanBatori wrote:Y not the Tantri demand that Polis withdraw b4 temple is opened again? He would need backing by Pandalam family I guess.
The Tantri/chief-priest cannot demand that. Because that is outside the perview of his "religious authority". That request should go from the Travancore Devaswom Board who are the administrators of the temple. If Kings were still ruling today, it would have been the king who would have to order his troops (on internal security) to go back. Travancore Devaswom Board actually "requests" police services and pay them a hefty fees for the services rendered. The present set of eunuchs at TDB is not going to ask for police to pull back :).
But if they break the locks of the nada then that is going to be a huge issue, I think many Polis themselves will balk at that.
That is not going to happen. I mean the commies should be really high on dope which Che Guevera would have used, if they really try doing that. If they do that, many commies would see small riots happening at their own homes. Secondly, there are strong rumours that central government is discreetly watching the events unfurling at Sabari Mala. IB is said to have their own independent teams on the ground at Sabari Mala, and looks like they are not relying on K.P Special Branch for their "inputs".

As of now the pilgrims and the key people have "held onto the fort". Things may go for a six if this whole issue becomes pure politics (and faith has taken a back seat).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

He already said (last go-around) that if haraam entities appear inside temple, he will lock the doors and hand the keys over to the Pandalam family, hain? Just as a scenario, :eek: **NOT SUGGESTING THAT ANYONE DO IT!!*** :eek: if the T were to say that Shri A appeared in the night and said He is disturbed by the asreekaram sight and noise of polis, the ***** better get inflated tubes because they will be zipping downriver in short order. Those coming from TN, TD etc are mostly ppl of simple and strong faith, and stronger biceps and backs. Ratio of polis to devotees is << 1:1000.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Basic logic beats #commies perhaps including their #ShariaCollegium friends. How can a temple become a place for activists? Are they so dumb? This is a concentrated attempt by corrupted legal system and #BIF forces. Finally, Advaitvic Hindus of Kerala will have to adorn Adi Sankara's role and resolve issues for 1 billion harAm vaadis.

Call out! this needs to end before 2020. Constitutional rewrite is a necessity now- all conflicting articles and secularism must see the door to trashcan.
Valiant attempts by around a dozen women, including activist ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Thanks Sachin, isn't next week the major pilgrimage starts when millions of devotees come there. I think tomorrow is the last chance if commie govt wants to desecrate the temple.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Situation at 2255Hrs IST. Sabari Mala temple has been closed for the day. But the pilgrims are staying put at Sabari Mala and majority of them have not gone back. The police at the moment is not using any force to eject the pilgrims. But I don't know if they get some fancy ideas in the early morning hours.
Karthik S wrote:Thanks Sachin, isn't next week the major pilgrimage starts when millions of devotees come there. I think tomorrow is the last chance if commie govt wants to desecrate the temple.
The mandala kaalam; or the main pilgrimage season would start on 16/11/2018 and would go all the way to 14/01/2019. And during that season the commies trying their tricks are next to impossible. This is also the time when lots of pilgrims from other states also come for the pilgrimage. The standard communist behaviour against these pilgrims would have a very severe impact. The crowd during this season would be really huge; and police etc. can only control things based on the cooperation of the pilgrims.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

abhijitm wrote:It is despicable by delhi police to arrest someone for celebrating festival. At the most he should have been warned or simply fine and let go. This is what we as a society reduced to? to give unnecessary trauma and stress to families during festival times? Here in India you are fined and let go if you break traffic rule, stricter punishment for celebrating once in a year festival with kids!! unbelievable.

I am v. glad with restrictions on fire crackers. Firecrackers in India were going insane and there has to be a stop to it. If restrictions around firecrackers is conflated as assault on religion, then one is no different from the persons who put Asia Bibi in jail.

Fire crackers and Delhi politics should be kept out of this thread. Please let us not bring down the civilizational & generational fight happening at Sabarimalai to the level of insanity by plugging in pet peeves around fire crackers and conflating it with religion.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Question: Is the requirement for 41-din vratam still in place, or did SC toss that too? I mean, if the CPIM bibi appears tomorrow with 2 brats in tow for protection, is it valid to ask if she has observed vratam or just there as tourist? I don't think SC has ordered SM to entertain tourists, hain?

The most significant article I found was the one with the interview with tribals. Yindoos need to pay attention to their concerns, or will be making a HUUUGE mistake. If THEY go to the SC, everyone can get banned from the temple, immediately. It's on tribal land. Also, tiger sanctuary. Even Arundhoti Whineroy got into trouble for offending tigers with her scent.

Incidentally, how does one get access to bring solar PV. biogas etc to those tribals pictured there I wonder.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

https://twitter.com/PartyVillage017/sta ... 39521?s=19

Who is now trying to descecrate the temple?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

neuj from desh says all facilities are denied at Sabarimala: no place to sleep, no food, no water, no toilets. It is a siege. Seems to be reason enough to lock down the temple and demand withdrawal of the polis. Or seek Central assistance (bring in the airborne divisions and gently point the way for the polis to ski downhill using a few INSAS).
Bringing the marxist woman is unacceptable political interference. A clear sign of utter defeat for the commies.
Chekuthane jnangal marannalum Anjune jnangal marakkoolla!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OK, NDTV for once has done a good deed: Devotees can really go to town all over India with this.
Woman Decides Against Sabarimala Visit, Says Husband Made Her Come
Anju later told police that she was not keen on visiting the Lord Ayyappa temple, and had come only on her husband's request.
All India | Edited by Jimmy Jacob (with inputs from PTI) | Updated: November 06, 2018 00:23 IST

Anju -- a resident of Chethala in Alappuzha district -- later told police that she was not keen on visiting the Lord Ayyappa temple, and had come only on her husband Abhilash's insistence that she accompany him and their two minor children on the pilgrimage.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Disha, You are welcome to your views but do noytaken it on yourself to admonish posters. Admins are present in this thread.
The issue is judicial activism against Hindu traditions. And utilizing state powers to enforce activism.
Same parallel as Kerala govt taking women to desecrate Sabarimala temple.
This vendor are being charged with Rs 13 lakh bail which is unreasonable.
Navjot Sidhu got Rs 5000 fine after killing a person.
Just think about it.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Reports of clashes. Polis say woman > 52, protestors not happy. News18 cameraman got pushed.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:Disha, You are welcome to your views but do noytaken it on yourself to admonish posters. Admins are present in this thread.
The issue is judicial activism against Hindu traditions. And utilizing state powers to enforce activism.
Same parallel as Kerala govt taking women to desecrate Sabarimala temple.
This vendor are being charged with Rs 13 lakh bail which is unreasonable.
Navjot Sidhu got Rs 5000 fine after killing a person.
Just think about it.
Since this has been called out publicly, I am forced to respond here.

There are multiple issues to be addressed.,

foremost tying all judicial activism to a political party or its lack of will to counter it and then further tying it to elections with personal comments is puerile and after a while gets stale. For examples:
The husband of Amruta Fadnavis is showing more glee in being secular, perhaps more than cong CMs have been. And the BJP central leadership is pehaps waiting for the temple to be desecrated so that it may win grand 1 seat in Kerala (what is Hindu faith, 1 seat is more valuable

or this
Last checked it was AAP party in power in Delhi and they do have control over Delhi Police and its behavior. Of course police does go over hand in charging (and judiciary acting in connivance) to set a very high bail amount. It could be a possibility of 'legal extortion'. It is entirely possible that the vendor might have violated several other laws as well.

Now it will be interesting to tie ability to explode high decibel fire works (the green 'sutli bomb' for eg.) to Hindu traditions. Does Hindu traditions require one to explode fireworks that make you go deaf? Or burn those snakes which are actually made from mercury based chemicals - how are things that actually hurt environment are tied to Hindu traditions?

Indians are lax on safety standards. It does not matter to them if somebody loses life or limb or organ as long as its not theirs. Why such laxity is being tied to Hindu traditions? To say 'ban on unsafe fireworks is disrespect to Hindu traditions' is to just as well say that all slow growing economies are showing "Hindu rate of growth".

So if SC comes for safe and sound fireworks, it should be welcomed. In fact, if the civic authorities had done their jobs., it would not have reached there in the first place. Second, yes sound, light and air pollution from firecrackers is real. To say that my pollution is just 2% of your pollution is not an answer. Pollution is pollution.

Judicial activism is real and here are two very very serious cases of judicial activism:

http://thegoaspotlight.com/delhi-high-c ... r-a-tweet/

A sitting judge was exposed to have ties with Urban naxals and what does that judge do? He sues the author. Talk about judge, jury and executioner being the same. This kind of judicial activism is pernicious and we saw that in Sabarimala court verdict.

Here is another:

https://www.news18.com/news/india/defen ... 83779.html

Persons tweeting a year back on rosgollas are getting arrested and without bail on hurting 'religious sentiments'.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Thx. We need some debate on PeeAref. V r not that afraid of it, hain? Same for habalji. I miss his thoughtful posts. Things in desh are getting pretty complex, with a combo of rising "ultra-sensitivities", blindly imitating "#Me2", thoughtless crackdown by those in power on various pretexts, utterly ignoring constitutional freedoms as well as tradition, ppl flouting the laws, different legal standards for different race/color/religion/gender/tribe/state/party, and, fortunately (or not), fast-rising awakening of nationalism and awareness of traditional values. These things require great leeway in expressing opinions and thoughts to be of use and value. Also, all are getting sophisticated in using Teetar and other SocMed.

JM2paise.

Deliberately derailing threads a la Pakis, is a different matter: even there I would suggest that the old 4SPDA (4-step pak detection algorithm) is sufficient, no sense in banning someone unless they totally "lose it" and start behaving badly. A bit of good ego-tweaking to provoke that, should be all in good sport. In this thread several ppl are highly emotional, and that is understandable given anxiety levels when it is by ppl on the ground facing off against the commie-EJ-pakis. But still, we need thoughtful opinions that present all sides, otherwise no good strategy or tactics can be developed.

Look at BeeJayPee neta mouthing off, for instance. If one thinks through that, the net effect is that it has pushed the commies into a corner as they are seen to be defeated not just by "devotees" but by Bee Jay Pee, which inflames the heck out of them. Good, I say, on balance. BJP has legit interest in protecting Hindu traditions and temples, commies have no ***** business there, they should just govern for all people.

Right now on this thread, the situation is very tense: we may be minutes from a bloody clash at SabariMala, plus statewide explosion of violence. Need good analysis.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 06 Nov 2018 18:13, edited 1 time in total.