Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Re: Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

Post by Sachin »

^^^ "Save Shabari Mala" - double check the spelling please.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

ravikr wrote:
Dileep wrote:^^Just to make sure, can someone who can read Kannada check this please?
i am unable to paste in kannada font so linking a image..

Is this an independent translation, or an edit to what Sachin posted? Is there any relationship?

I need the text for creating the flyer. Can you e-mail me the source file? dileepks on gmail. TIA
ravikr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravikr »

Dileep wrote:
Is this an independent translation, or an edit to what Sachin posted? Is there any relationship?

I need the text for creating the flyer. Can you e-mail me the source file? dileepks on gmail. TIA

Sir this is my own translation..But I made some correction after reading Sachin sir post..

I can send you the text in Doc format ..It is in Baraha font Font Name BRH-Belgaluru (brhbglr.ttf)

for your convenience i will attach both Doc and PDF format...along with font file..
ravikr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravikr »

Dileep Sir Mail sent please check..
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

The latest report is the review petitions would be heard in "open court" but on Jan 22nd only. The writ petitions to be heard even later. But there is no word of the status on the current verdict. Whether is it put on hold, or still stands.

If the verdict still stands, GoKL would still try their shenanigans in Sabari Mala during the Mandala Pooja season. GoKL would "assume" that the verdict is still valid and deliberately move ahead with their sinister plans. Looks like the hill shrine would be witnessing a very tensed pilgrim season starting this week :(.

May be legal experts like Yagnasri can clarify. As per main stream media there is NO stay for the existing verdict. But will it lead to a sub judice situation, if GoKL tries to execute the current verdict? Because if their action does not confirm to the verdict which may come out after January 22nd it would be a big violation (of the sanctity of the temple).
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

There is no stay, as per the text of the order. The GoKL CAN theoretically continue their thing, but their moral stand will be considerably weak. I am not sure if the 'double hearted' will go that far. If they do, that will be a disaster for them.

At least the Hon. Court should have mentioned 'status quo' or something like that.

Maybe clarification can be sought during 'mention' time. We will wait.

Anyway, this verdict is a tremendous boost to the #SaveSabarimala movement. Now, there is absolutely no question of violation, even if the chinese army shows up!!
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Dileep wrote:At least the Hon. Court should have mentioned 'status quo' or something like that.
The court order is now getting circulated on social media. And that document explicitly says that there is NO STAY on the previous verdict. And I don't if Hon.SC is giving a long rope for the CPI(M) to hang themselves. Sensible people would just wait for the final verdict (after Jan 22). But commies being commies, I feel they will still try some nasty trick. Pilgrims would have to remain alert, even this time around.

The minister in charge of Devaswom, is saying he will abide with Hon.SC decision but again I don't really believe a commie crook (not any more).
Anyway, this verdict is a tremendous boost to the #SaveSabarimala movement. Now, there is absolutely no question of violation, even if the chinese army shows up!!
But I feel the Sink Devaswom Board campaign should still go on. Because even today in the court GoKL had tried to get the writ petitions thrown out. Their intentions are now very clear. It is NOT saving Sabari Mala or the Hindu belief system.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Dileep wrote:Anyway, this verdict is a tremendous boost to the #SaveSabarimala movement. Now, there is absolutely no question of violation, even if the chinese army shows up!!
There's no stay on previous verdict, it means pv and GOKL can continue their crusades, how is it a boost?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I do hope they do not use force. But I predict CPM goons in the police uniform will be used as per the normal communist method and it would be difficult for the GoKL to control them.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Karthik S wrote:There's no stay on previous verdict, it means pv and GOKL can continue their crusades, how is it a boost?
It is a boost because it is giving legitimacy to the pilgrim's view point. Those 48 odd review petitions was the only points which came from the pilgrims side. Till then it was all between a Hindu hating state government, eunuchs in Travancore Devaswom Board and some women who have not even tried to visit the shrine and triggered a court case based on a news report.

Vijayan and GoKL can try a crusade, but that is going to cause more long term harm. The Mandala pooja season brings not just Malayalis, it brings pilgrims from lot of other states. Any bad experience, these folks are going to take back those stories home. As it is the pilgrim facilities in Sabari mala and Pampa are next to nothing this time, now if the commies also try their North Korean tactics in Sabari Mala, it is going to cause more problems. And we still have the Brahmastra with us - "Chief priest closing down the temple".
Yagnasri wrote:I do hope they do not use force. But I predict CPM goons in the police uniform will be used as per the normal communist method and it would be difficult for the GoKL to control them.
There are rumours of an "all party meeting" which GoKL may convene. But now that politics has also partially taken over from devotion, the opposition parties (INC and BJP) would insist on status quo. And we must accept that a minor riot at the shrine also does increase the mileage of BJP ;). But GoKL being in a responsible position should be smart enough to allow things going from bad to worse.

PS: I guess the "no stay" may also be an H&D saving move from Hon. HC. Kind of gives the message "We are right, but again we would do a quick double check".
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Karthik S wrote:
Dileep wrote:Anyway, this verdict is a tremendous boost to the #SaveSabarimala movement. Now, there is absolutely no question of violation, even if the chinese army shows up!!
There's no stay on previous verdict, it means pv and GOKL can continue their crusades, how is it a boost?
Isn't it obvious? If the review petitions were rejected, then the struggle would be much uphill. The GoKL would have gone hammer and tongs, and many of the protestors would have given up.

Now, the issue is still practically undecided, so the feeling would be "just hold on for two months" and we will win.

You need to be 'in the trenches' to realize how this feels.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

"PeeWe & GoKuL" sounds about right pun, actually hurting Hindu sentiments. They have taken very argument on their definitions of secularism, which itself stands void even in the constitution. Constitution never defined the relationship between religion and state.

By pinning one against the other, the basic tenet of one religion breaks the other. This is a constitutional flaw to define equality of religious rights under secularism banner. I am thinking, if we hit the right bullseye, one stone will fix all Hindu problems.

The word is secularism and justice in the constitution.

Fundamental question: Why Should India define Secularism differently? file a petition in a international court. any takers?
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

No need to go to international court. It is a mattrr internal to India.

After this verdict by meelawds, if Maoist PeeWee tries any shenanigans then their “brick to brick will make sound”.

A very long rope has indeed been given to maoist peewee
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SaiK
Don't go emotional.on us. Where does ICJ come in?
Are you in Nehru mode?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I think SC took political decision.
They see the outrage and only judgments in line with people thinking will survive.
At same time they don't want to lose face.
So kicked the can to next year while their verdict stays.
This is incentive to GoKL to implement the verdict.

Next few weeks will be stressful
If BJP wins Rajasthan, SC will stay their verdict.
If not it will give more ammo to #BIF

So the plan is clear for nationalists.
Win Rajasthan
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

TheirHonners could have thrown the petishuns out summarily instead of postponing. Now they have postponed PAST THIS SEASON.
The postponement IMO is a warning to GoKL that if the Implementation looks impossible, then verdict will be modified. If BTW, GoKL shows ulterior motives in the interim, then the verdict will be reversed as the Bona Fides of the original Plaintiffs will stand exposed as Mala Fides. Oooo! Does that sound $1Lac/hr or what? :P

OTOH, if the Devotees succumb to violence temptations, then THEIR bona fides will be questioned. Contempt of Court possible.
All in all, very chankian.
Inaction is Action. Bhavitavyam Bhaved Eva. Praise & Honor 4 the Non-Participants.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Truth is hiding under cooked up facts. SC is infiltrated with minds that is siding with indic-left and indic-secularism. I understand, we are fighting this to the core, but the evils and wrong doers have easy say or have easy to do items than those who think constructively (with dharma as the core tenet).

My point was to attack (or begin/plan to attack) what should be attacked for corrections [sooner we begin, the better is the future].
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:They see the outrage and only judgments in line with people thinking will survive.
At same time they don't want to lose face.
So kicked the can to next year while their verdict stays.
This is incentive to GoKL to implement the verdict.
UlanBatori wrote:The postponement IMO is a warning to GoKL that if the Implementation looks impossible, then verdict will be modified.
OTOH, if the Devotees succumb to violence temptations, then THEIR bona fides will be questioned. Contempt of Court possible.
The "not staying" of the existing verdict most likely is a measure not to lose face. I mean how can a "carefully considered verdict" can be modified just after receiving the 40 review petitions?

On the other hand looks like Hon.SC also have sensed the "over eagerness" of GoKL to get this verdict executed. I don't think Hon.SC judges live in a totally isolated world. They would know about the last two episodes. So looks like they also wanted the "over eager" party to try more tricks. We must understand that the original verdict has only lifted the ban based on age group. It has not mandated that women should be taken up by GoKL to the shrine.

So yes, looks like the latest order is to actually "test the waters". It gives more time for Hon.SC to actually review the points listed in the 40+ review petitions. It also gives time to an over eager GoKL to act upon the verdict, with GoKL having to face the complete consequences including L&O issues. It is also tests the faith & belief of the pilgrims to see if they still stand by their guns or give up.

1)Will seek legal advice and decide on further actions: CM.
2)Sabarimala: Govt to convene all-party meeting on Thursday.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

So, GoKL contempt of traditions is not contempt of the laws (there must be some article for non-interference of gov in religious practices)? or is this only for minorities. This is where I am heading.. all roads leads to Rome.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So GoKl has read the tea leaves and is seeking political insurance by calling for all party meet.
Earlier they were hell bent on going beyond the verdict.
The devotees should not let down their guard.
At least till December 7th results come in.

SaiK you are looking at global factors.
The situation is tactical. Need to prevent temple desecration.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

ramana wrote:So GoKl has read the tea leaves and is seeking political insurance by calling for all party meet.
Earlier they were hell bent on going beyond the verdict.
Yes, but they read the tea leaves quite late in the game. The main opposition party is INC, and the next is the BJP. Both have now clearly recognised that for them now supporting the pilgrims is the only way out. The crucial factor here is that every one is now firmly entrenched in their positions. There were two fence sitters, INC and BJP. Their leadership now cannot back track; they do that their political future is toast. Two groups have also been quite vehemant on their point, commies who wanted all & sundry to land up at Sabari Mala and the devotees/pilgrims who did NOT want that. There is no change in their positions. The commies & CPI(M) will have to negotiate, because they are holding a responsible position (i.e GoKL). From what I could understand, many of the RSS cadre in KL are also hard-core devotees, and they may support BJP only for political aspects. So even if the BJP "leadership" (!?) does change, many things on the ground would still remain the same. RSS and pilgrims at this point of time, have nothing much to lose (other than threats of "arrests" & court cases).
SaiK wrote:So, GoKL contempt of traditions is not contempt of the laws (there must be some article for non-interference of gov in religious practices)?
I am sure there are laws & rules in place. But all that requires detailed study. Pilgrims who visit Sabari Mala this time around can (and should) file cases against Travancore Devaswom Board if they find that this body did not allow them to have a pilgrimage based on their belief system. "Religious sentiments hurt", is a very common cause for police & court cases in India. The Supreme court verdict has only annulled one section in a Kerala local act. Every other legal provision still exists. For example, the last time around police put a restriction that pilgrims have to by Ke.SRTC buses from Nilakkal to Pampa river point. 1000s of pilgrims decided to walk, and none of them were arrested or even detained by the police. There is no legal provision which denies them this right. GoKL and K.P are trying to use the "ignorance of law" of a common man to their advantage.

Take another example, K.P talks about a pass for vehicles coming to Sabari Mala. That is another rule which does not have any significance. If my vehicle does not have a pass, I would not be able to park the vehicle at a place which K.P has ear marked for parking. This pass is nothing but a parking note which any shopping mall gives in Bengaluru. I can use my contacts to identify a safe parking area, and leave the vehicle there.

To be frank, a pure Gandhian way of strike - that is non-cooperation will work at Sabari Mala. The pilgrimage has been going good so far only due to willing cooperation from the pilgrims themselves. The police jolly well knows that (every one is not L.Beria IPS), but they are trying to misuse people's ignorance.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

@Dileep saar, I had a friend of mine double check the Kannada write up for errors and it looks fine (I also shared the English write-up to compare with). This was the Kannada write-up @Sachin saar had shared. Hope that helps.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

if not Gandian ways, then you have to take to panchantra route, like how the jackal suggested the kAkadampatis to steal richman's golds and push it into the snake pit. The gold here is the traditions, and the pit is GoKL. Unfortunately, the richmen of kerala (nairs and ezhavas) can't operate like in the old days - RSS with danda and strike the snake. Hence, the only option is Gandhian way.

Only if the snake done something wrong leading to a crisis (like the kerala floods - can we sue GoKl on that for opening up the dams?), we have no other danda left.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

SaiK wrote:So, GoKL contempt of traditions is not contempt of the laws (there must be some article for non-interference of gov in religious practices)? or is this only for minorities. This is where I am heading.. all roads leads to Rome.
Without the court verdict, religious interference by government was contempt of the laws, esp religious freedom as right which is also an article in the constitution. People can throw away court verdict saying it is against constitution and court has now power to making laws overthrowing constitutional rights. Then it becomes ToMahto and ToMayto of constitutional definitions some of which are vague just like secularism is.

It still boils down to Hindus creating red-zones for political leaders and government institutions when it comes to their religious interference. Ayyappas in Kerala are leading the way for Hindus from other states to follow. Eventually, Hindus need to take back temples from governments, spend temple money for Hindus, and engage in mass conversions of "heathens". They need to have proverbial "NRA for second amendment".
Last edited by ShyamSP on 14 Nov 2018 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Boy, this is massive. Check video
Stay ya No-Stay, Hindu outfits won't allow desecration of #Sabarimala
Today's BJP-BDJS #SaveSabarimala rally at Pathanamthitta
#SabarimalaVerdict https://t.co/vKb81AuIc4

https://twitter.com/i/status/1062387726261997569
https://twitter.com/i/status/1062158094443003904

Sasikala Teacher at TVM. Man, she has good clout.

powerful! way too powerful speech! excellent

she has conveyed the same point I was making earlier here.. how they killed 600s and 1000s of people with dam openings. point to be taken. commies must back off or face the eventuality soon.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I keep saying... Bhaktas have to define the war such that a few commie bibis forcing their way into the temple is not going to achieve anything; Do spunyaham, wipe out the traces, be elastic, back to same attitude. Otherwise the gloating will depress the bhaktas.
S-k-bibi makes the point that if SM is not Yindoo then DB has no locus standi.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ShyamSP wrote:It still boils down to Hindus creating red-zones for political leaders and government institutions when it comes to their religious interference. Ayyappas in Kerala are leading the way for Hindus from other states to follow. Eventually, Hindus need to take back temples from governments, spend temple money for Hindus, and engage in mass conversions of "heathens". They need to have proverbial "NRA for second amendment".
In North, there are not many Hindu temples to speak of and hence there are not many temples to take back. Now if you feel, feel for the angst driving Ram temple in Ayodhya. It is as emotive issue as Sabarimalai. Getting out of emotions:

1. PeeWee Mao has climbed a tiger which he cannot get off. If the combined weight of the government and the CPI* parties and their cohorts could not force their way into temple now, when can they do it? Will they be ever to do it?

So there is CPI* pressure on PeeWee Mao to confirm his sickular credentials.

2. If they force in any way and if there is Law & Order problem for something which has been very peaceful, then they will be in trouble both from within and outside of state.

Congress is doing Tipu Jayanti in K'taka and just across the hills from Kodagu is supporting the Swamis. This is pure musharaff tactics of running with the hare and hounding with the dogs.

I am not sure why that is not called out here.

3. Swamis has been patient so far, but that may not remain so. And it is not upto swamis responsibility to remain patient and let desecration happen and still maintain law & order.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sachin wrote: The commies & CPI(M) will have to negotiate, because they are holding a responsible position (i.e GoKL).
Commies & CPI(M) cannot blink. Cannot be seen to blink either.

This is heading for a massive showdown.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

infusing the right (spawn off or not) discussions - whatever applies.
Why 'secularism' is not an Indian concept
https://www.esamskriti.com/e/National-A ... ept-1.aspx
just giving some data points so that ramana et al get where I was heading with my expanded (globalizing/generalizing) thoughts.
Notwithstanding the fact that the words socialist and secular were added in the preamble of the Constitution in 1976 by the 42nd amendment, the concept of secularism was very much embedded in our constitutional philosophy. The term ‘secular’ has advisedly not been defined presumably because it is a very elastic term not capable of a precise definition and perhaps best left undefined. By this amendment what was implicit was made explicit”.

Secularism has come to mean that the government has a right to take over, manage Hindu temples and in some cases donations made in temples go to the state treasury but this is not applicable to Muslim and Christian places of worship! Or appoint non-Hindus to oversee sacred shrines and events like the Kumbh Mela!
The concept of secularism originated in Europe where the church, controlled education/ property etc, became so powerful that even the king felt oppressed. So secularism meant separation of the church and state with intent to curb the influence and power of the church.

The situation in India was different. Sanatan Dharma or Hinduism, as it is erroneously called, was neither governed by a monolith organisation like the church nor did it own property and control the state. Thus, the need for turning secular never arose.

The concept of an all powerful central organisation, like the church, goes against the very grain of Sanatan Dharma.

Thus, as a concept secularism is as alien to India as a three-piece suit is to Lalu Prasad Yadav and Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam chief M Karunanidhi.

Oh: but then how did secularism enter India?

The concept of secularism imported into India by the British. It was a strategic tool to suppress and deny India’s quest for independence by repeatedly asking the Indian National Congress that was predominantly Hindu, to address the concerns of the minorities (Muslims).
Ok: but how does secularism operate in other parts of the world?
When Barack Obama took oath of office (first term) as President of the United States of America, he kept one hand on the Holy Bible.

Can you visualise the furore if A B Vaypayee had taken oath as prime minister keeping his hand on the Bhagavad Gita? All of Macaulay’s children and the secularists would have taken to the streets and asked him to apologise for insulting the Indian Constitution.

In England the queen is head of state and the church.

Since being head of state is the equivalent of the India President it is like saying that President Pranab Mukherjee is head of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad.

Christians in Germany and some other European nations pay a tax on their income to the church. This is akin to Hindus paying a tax to the Shankaracharya or the sadhu akhadas, the sant samaj!

Yet the secular credentials of these countries are never questioned! This, however, does not prevent them from giving India sermons on secularism.
The word secular does not exist in the Muslim world. The condition of non-Muslims in those countries is well known and does not merit comment.

Moreover, there would be discrimination even if you are Muslim but belong to a sect i.e. a minority in that country for e.g. Shias and Ahmediyas in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia. Secularism enters the Muslim discourse in countries where they are in a minority.

'Sanatan Dharama is about Vishwadharma'
What these countries and secularists forget that long before secularism entered popular discourse, the followers of dharma (read as Hindus, Buddhists, Jains and Sikhs; the Indian Constitution includes all Indic dharmic traditions as Hindus for the purpose of personal law) gave refuge to those who were persecuted in other countries. For e.g. Parsis, Jews and a body of Christian immigrants from Persia and Mesopotamia, who presumably fled from a severe persecution by Sapor II which began in 343 AD in Persia.

Further the Christian and Muslim worlds fail to realise that Sanatan Dharama is about Vishwadharma, the essential unity of creation, the oneness principle, and the compassionate universe! And is unlike Christianity/Islam where there is one prophet, only one way.

NaMo’s use of the word burkha has made this dress become newspaper headlines. It would be interesting to know what Dr Balasaheb Ambedkar had to say about burkha. Excerpts from the book ‘Thoughts on Pakistan’ written in 1941.

“Purdah is responsible for social segregation of Hindus from Muslims, which is the bane of public life in India. This argument may fear farfetched and one is inclined to attribute this segregation to the unsociability of the Hindus rather than to purdah among the Muslims. But the Hindus are right when they say that it is not possible to establish social contact between Hindus and Muslims because such contact can only mean contact between women from one side and men from the other.”

“Purdah is found amongst a section of the Hindus in certain parts of the country. But the point of distinction is that among the Muslims, purdah has religious sanctity which it has not with the Hindus”.
It would help to have a healthy and unbiased debate on secularism.

Sanjeev Nayyar was educated as Macaulay’s child, now turned desi and is founder of esamskriti.com
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

We need to change the 'no hundi' message. The donations must be channeled to funding the lawyers. One idea I have is, that 'dakshina' can be made at the thantri's office at Sannidhanam.

I will try change the message.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

disha wrote:Commies & CPI(M) cannot blink. Cannot be seen to blink either.
The commies have blinked, the "all party meeting" is the sign of that. But commies would try to negotiate. They may say "activists" will not be allowed, but other young women should be allowed. And there would be some young women readily present at the venue.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple Case: SC Starts Hearing On Amicus Report

https://www.livelaw.in/sree-padmanabhas ... us-report/
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Sachin, hold on to your horses - this govt is way too predictable, thanks to the Kannur Cliquers. Was talking to a senior journo, who knows the CM since he was a two-bit MLA etc. Says his eyes cloud over red when it is RSS on the other side and it was a big mistake. Might be that some "advisor", who belonged to a certain media channel has advised him that the first uprising up in the hills and namajapa rallies were the handiwork of RSS. Most probably during the time he was in Gelf. Even the RSS was flabbergasted by the quiet fury of revolt and was late to react, as this thread has been reporting. But CM "decided" quite early on and made mistake after grave mistake

That 90% opposition to court verdict, mentioned in an article posted above, most probably from serious indulgence people. The author might have been briefed, else he wont quote that particularly high figure. But it shows the issues that the state govt is facing. An issue that is 100% its own making
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

does it matter if the uprising is from RSS or BJP or bhakts? numbers need not matter too. a pic or video is worth a text book of information against @cpimspeak and @CMOKerala.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Now, what remains to be seen is how the 'double hearted' climbs down the tiger he is on, without meeting the teeth at the working end. It is quite possible that he will decide on the 'war of attrition' over the long period of 60+ days.

Valsan Thillankeri had repeatedly alluded that there was a tacit deal between the bolis and RSS. It is quite acceptable to let the govt continue to make tall claims etc, as long as they do not play smart on the ground.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Sachin wrote:The commies have blinked, the "all party meeting" is the sign of that. But commies would try to negotiate. They may say "activists" will not be allowed, but other young women should be allowed. And there would be some young women readily present at the venue.
That is not blinking but winking., or rather commies are being smart by one and one-half. The commie line "Other young women who are not activists, but are devotees but not true devotees since true women devotees will respect The Swami" is trying to wink away a situation where they can go back to their dear comrades with a win and also tell the swamis on the ground that look we respect your sentiment but also respect the sentiment of this non-devotional non-activist women devotees as per mewlawds order only.

Commies truly would blink when they do not prop up any non-devotional non-activist women "devotee" to do the dirty job of desecrating Swami's temple.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

hnair wrote:Might be that some "advisor", who belonged to a certain media channel has advised him that the first uprising up in the hills and namajapa rallies were the handiwork of RSS. Most probably during the time he was in Gelf.
I am seeing an uncanny resemblance between KL and No.Ko these days. Dictators of any place generally have advisors who only gives the advice based on the liking of the dictator ;). So yes looks like CPI(M) thought that protests were from the RSS side, and the usual CPI(M) tactics can be adopted to quell that. This media advisor seems to be quite pro-EJ, and that is what worries me. Getting a sinister feeling that EJs are using a dumb Chief Minister with a very big ego, to further their agenda. The media advisor's over zealous activities when it comes to targetting Hindu religious groups is also well known. When the CM was on begging challenge at UAE, looks like he expected his men in KL to sort out the issues at Sabari Mala, and he can land back as the Navothana Nayakan (harbinger of progress & development).
Dileep wrote:Now, what remains to be seen is how the 'double hearted' climbs down the tiger he is on, without meeting the teeth at the working end. It is quite possible that he will decide on the 'war of attrition' over the long period of 60+ days.
For the 'war of attrition' to succeed, there should be a considerable reduction in the number of pilgrims landing up at the temple. Only if K.P knows they have a manageable crowd at the temple, will they try their tricks. If Sangh organisations kick of the pilgrimage season with a very large number of their people landing up at the shrine; that it self would set the momentum. The expected crowd is 1 lakh+ during the initial days which would also increase during the season. From what I understand there is a huge financial cost also for GoKL (and the Devaswom Board) to bear. Additional police deployment etc. are going to cause some good money. Plus, it would also reduce man power available at other police stations/units in Kerala. Generally most of the police personnel at Sabari Mala comes from the A.P Bns across the state. Buut that is not enough and generally every police district also sends additional officers men (for a period of 15-30 days). That being the case K.P is really exposed, if further troubles break out in the state. The "Kanikka/Donation challenge"; if it becomes a success is also going to hit the Travancore Devaswom Board big time. K.P gives a hefty bill for services rendered year on year ;).

The pilgrims on the other hand now have a genuine belief to support their cause. That even Hon.SC have reconsidered the verdict, after hearing their pleas. This gives them more confidence that their cause is more justified.
Valsan Thillankeri had repeatedly alluded that there was a tacit deal between the bolis and RSS. It is quite acceptable to let the govt continue to make tall claims etc, as long as they do not play smart on the ground.
Most likely yes, there was a tactical alliance. The police can never be blamed, because it was they who were suffering on the ground. Looks like initial wave of pilgrims who entered the shrine last time around were all RSS cadre, who would be "under command" of Valsan Thillankeri ;). The government (and the commie cadre) have also now stopped making grandoise statements. All the commie ministers like Mr. Underwear etc. have now been put on silent mode.
disha wrote:situation where they can go back to their dear comrades with a win and also tell the swamis on the ground that look we respect your sentiment but also respect the sentiment of this non-devotional non-activist women devotees as per mewlawds order only.
The claim of "Sabari Mala is a temple for all religions" did give me a feeling that this was an excuse for communists to bring in non-Hindu young women. They have been so far unable to bring in young Hindu women devotees, and even the ones which had Hindu names had dubious religious history. There seems to be a commie plan to get X'ians and Muslims a say on this Hindu temple.

For the pilgrims and devotees, I guess the war is still not over.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

One thing amongst all these, is the impact on Uniform Civil Code... If this is not handled correctly, it is going to be even more difficult to push through a uniform civil code.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vinod wrote:One thing amongst all these, is the impact on Uniform Civil Code... If this is not handled correctly, it is going to be even more difficult to push through a uniform civil code.
The uniform civil code has no connection to the temple agamas and practices.

Goa already has the UCC, passed down from the portuguese days. Has anyone heard of this?? or remarked on it?? or has this made any difference on the ground??

UCC should be like that. Silent and unobtrusive.