Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Re: Kerala Floods - Aftermath and Save Sabarimala

Post by disha »

Sachin wrote:Ok great! So expecting more baashan from new delhi.
^another #Blow2Modi.

Below article written by Naarthie only! I do not see any coming out in English MSM from KL based journos

https://www.opindia.com/2019/01/the-jac ... abarimala/
Unlike female devotees of Bhagwan Ayyappa, victims of sexual abuse by Christian priests are desperate for their help. And Churches have been protecting paedophiles and rapists amidst them for decades.
Please go to the website and read, and at least send some ad revenue their way. Also do share the above hard hitting article.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

prasannasimha wrote:What Baashan ? I see a lot of disconnect here. Do something get blaned. Don't do something get blamed. Pretty illogical isn't it ?
Do some thing? Can you explain what has been done? What has the BJP (including Kerala's own BJP leaders like O. Rajagopal, Sreedharan Pillai et.al) done to mitigate the situation? It was only yesterday that there was some strong comments made on the floor of the Parliament (that too by Meenakshi Lekhi). This is after 3-4 months after the court verdict, and multiple sad incidents at the temple.

Today the battle of Sabari Mala is lost. KL Hindus (cutting across party lines) have done what ever they could do to hold back. But the war can still be won, if there is a willingness to do so. Even 90% of Kerala Police folks are now unhappy in the way Sabari Mala is being handled now. There is also a considerable unity amongst Kerala Hindus on the issue. As they say "hit hard when the iron is hot". If any pro-Hindu party wants to make an impact on Kerala society it is now.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

KL Hindus need to take a relook about their conduct in the recent past. As I mentioned before when a calf head was cut brutally on the street in public by INC people at least they should have woken up. How come they kept quite before this clear attack by INC? Let INC think of doing it in UP or Bihar now. They will s**t in their pants. People in North and many states woke up slowly. Now time for people in states in the south.

It is not too late. Hindus of the KL ( and other states like mine) need to teach a lesson to parties like INC and CPM in 2019. Then every polticos of KL will be begging before Hindus for their votes and singing Swami Sharanam or Jai Sriram. Use the power of vote and see how Raul Vinci became jeno dhari Shiva bhakt.

You already have a pro Hindu party in BJP. Why anyone will establish one more when no one votes for BJP itself in KL?
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

Sachin wrote:
prasannasimha wrote:What Baashan ? I see a lot of disconnect here. Do something get blaned. Don't do something get blamed. Pretty illogical isn't it ?
Do some thing? Can you explain what has been done? What has the BJP (including Kerala's own BJP leaders like O. Rajagopal, Sreedharan Pillai et.al) done to mitigate the situation? It was only yesterday that there was some strong comments made on the floor of the Parliament (that too by Meenakshi Lekhi). This is after 3-4 months after the court verdict, and multiple sad incidents at the temple.

Today the battle of Sabari Mala is lost. KL Hindus (cutting across party lines) have done what ever they could do to hold back. But the war can still be won, if there is a willingness to do so. Even 90% of Kerala Police folks are now unhappy in the way Sabari Mala is being handled now. There is also a considerable unity amongst Kerala Hindus on the issue. As they say "hit hard when the iron is hot". If any pro-Hindu party wants to make an impact on Kerala society it is now.
Yes what are they to do ? You expect the central government to do. If there is a groundswell from people they should ditch the Congress and Commies and then tangible results can be done. How did other states change- they ensured a viable Hindu outfit support. YOu expect them to support but not to vote for them.Yet you wnat results pronto. Thats not the way things work. At the slightest huff the thought changes that I will support the other known antiHindu outfuit rather than build up a stronger unit from the base up.It needs to be two ways not just when there is distress. People have come in solidarity. You will just lose whatever outside support with this sort of arguments which is self destructive. I don't think that is going to serve the purpose.
See the bickering you are seeing here. Have anty ROPsters or ROLsters ever commented against their positions. We are to secular you see.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mean while the latest update at from Sabari Mala
Action against tantri {chief priest} will be taken after getting explanation: Kadakampally
Looks like the commies are trying to bully the chief priest using the Untouchabilty Act of 1955. Only one section, Sec 3 is relevant here. That talks about denying entry to a religious place using "untouchability" as a reason. Don't know how that can be sustained as in Sabari Mala every caste, creed; men & women (outside the age bar) can enter. And "untouchability" in India which the law wants to make it illegal, was never based on any age restrictions. It was on caste, community basis.

Hartal violence: Kozhikode police chief comes under flak.
The silent rebellion within the police over Sabari Mala issue is now slowly getting revealed. The pro-commie police men feel that Com.Pol Kozhikode city did not focus on adequate bandobust during the recent Harthal. Shops in Kozhikode had decided to remain open and the leader of the shopkeepers Nazarudeen had said that he will ensure that all shops remain. But during the Harthal day, his peacefool brethern (majority of shopkeepers in that locality) got a grand round of beating and shops vandalised. Online news portal Marunadan Malayali reports that in Palakkad, wireless messages of the SP was relayed to Janam TV by police men themselves :lol:.
prasannasimha wrote:You expect the central government to do. If there is a groundswell from people they should ditch the Congress and Commies and then tangible results can be done
The issue at Sabari Mala is one which requires an immediate solution. If pro-Hindu outfits cannot help in getting that, then perhaps it may not be required at all. Ditching Commies & Congress etc. cannot be done overnight. The current GoKL is going to run its course for another three years easily. And they get that many days to mess up things at Sabari Mala. Hindus of KL have done what they could do even without (self-claimed) pro-Hindu outfits like BJP even put its first foot forward. As I mentioned again and again, BJP who supported the verdict made a U turn; not because of any great love to Hindus all of a sudden but because they saw some potential in the protests.
See the bickering you are seeing here. Have anty ROPsters or ROLsters ever commented against their positions. We are to secular you see.
I agree with you here. RoP and RoL are enjoying the sad episode. In KL, RoP is actively taunting Hindus masquerading as communists. On the RoL side, in KL one bishop have openly backed up the NSS organisation. In my friend circle one X'ian stood with me.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Modi-Shah to visit KL.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

Sachin wrote: The issue at Sabari Mala is one which requires an immediate solution. If pro-Hindu outfits cannot help in getting that, then perhaps it may not be required at all. Ditching Commies & Congress etc. cannot be done overnight. The current GoKL is going to run its course for another three years easily. And they get that many days to mess up things at Sabari Mala. Hindus of KL have done what they could do even without (self-claimed) pro-Hindu outfits like BJP even put its first foot forward. As I mentioned again and again, BJP who supported the verdict made a U turn; not because of any great love to Hindus all of a sudden but because they saw some potential in the protests.
What does the bolded part mean? Are there no BJP/RSS/"pro-Hindu outfits" that are also "Hindus of KL"? What have the "Hindus of KL" done in exclusion of any BJP/RSS contribution, at what point of time? (This is not a rhetorical question.Just trying to understand what you mean.) How do you work all of this out separately - the Hindus of KL, the pro-Hindu outfits in KL, the para-dropped northies - Modi/Shah etc and what they do/did?

I think there is a massive level of us vs them separatism in operation here that does not bode well!
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

Sachin wrote: In KL, RoP is actively taunting Hindus masquerading as communists.
I think this is a good thing to happen. Let the highly secular tauntees hear the taunts from their friends. And let the tauntees come up with any brilliant argumentation and/or principle-based answers about secularism and equality that they can come up with. In fact, I'm curious to know how the tauntees respond to the taunts (that they are wedded to principles under all circumstances?).

Is CM P. Vijayan really considering applying the untouchability act on the priest, when everyone knows there's no way to assess someone's caste when dressed in simple, black clothes; and mixed in a tightly packed crowd of people? Sounds like they've declared a total war on Sabarimalai shrine. This is take-no-prisoners war. I would think the the priest in the sanctum sanctorum would make actual physical contact with pilgrims by hand when taking their offerings or giving them prasad, or applying shathagopam, or in other ways.
uskumar
BRFite

Post by uskumar »

Dumal wrote: I think there is a massive level of us vs them separatism in operation here that does not bode well!
Sir, It seems to me that you are not aware of situation in TN. It is much worse. Liberal hindus tolerate any such attack on Hinduism in name of uniqueness. Question I have is can a Hindu be liberal or not. Imo you are either a Hindu or you are not. It isn't like a prizim. There can't be a 10 percent or 50 percent Hindu. Liberal Hindus imo are mirage. Talk of mobilization of Hindus under a party in both these States, you will have brick bats thrown at you. Both the states seems to have imported unique flavour of exceptionalism. being keralite or tamilite is much more important for some liberal Hindus.
I have lots of my friends who love to say that they disapprove of large parts of Rural TN people being turned into Xian extermist who equally despise BJP as if there is some other alternative readily available. Results is forces which are hostile to Hinduism and masquerade as liberal or leftist get more votes from Hindus in both these States.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

Sachin wrote:Ditching Commies & Congress etc. cannot be done overnight. The current GoKL is going to run its course for another three years easily. And they get that many days to mess up things at Sabari Mala. Hindus of KL have done what they could do even without (self-claimed) pro-Hindu outfits like BJP even put its first foot forward. As I mentioned again and again, BJP who supported the verdict made a U turn; not because of any great love to Hindus all of a sudden but because they saw some potential in the protests.
Lets support the snakes in power as the other may be a scorpion!
<sarc always ON/> no offense meant to snakes or scorpion :mrgreen:

———————-=============———————=================———————————————————-
Couple of general points (not entirely relevant to this thread) but are important to make:

1. Hindus - irrespective of affiliations - have a very poor understanding of Diety vs. God.
A Diety is established as an instrument for a particular purpose. The Temple is not a place of worship, rather it is sacred arena for that instrument to do its ordained work. The devotee then visits the temple for a specific outcome promised by the instrument at the sufferance of the Diety. In this way a Temple is like no other place of worship and neither are all Temples equal. The Diety has rights guaranteed by the constitution of India. Who is to educate the uneducated but literate on this topic? What hope when even the Supremes act in ignorance!

2. Temples need to be regulated as non-profit trusts.
It is time to start the fight to free the Diety from the clutches of the secular Government and sepoy HIndus and their principals from overseas belonging to the RoP and RoL. There is clearly a need for Temple management reform and standardization. We need to evolve Temples back to becoming financial institutions with a board that runs for charitable purposes. Again, there are plenty of solutions, but this needs to be taken up by the BJP. Hope someone can reach Subramany Swamy etc. to do the needful in this direction.

3. The periphery of India’s demographic mix is National Security issue.
India has not paid attention due its stupidity on secularism on the nature of the demographics of the periphery of India. This is not a time to propose solutions yet, but this problem needs to be dealt with squarely by the government. Having a substantial non-Hindu population in periphery of India was and is a cause of the weakness of the Indian Civilizational State. This is not just true for Kashmir or NE, but is also true for coastal states, etc.

4. Show some spine!
Hindus in KL have not done enough - there is a need to reach out to Hindu devotees from KA, TN & APs to coordinate protests and start a mass movement. The impatience shown by the current KL regime to impose SC’s foolishness before review needs to be punished. Time to do some Gandhigiri and send the Commie leaders and their families daily kumkum, bangles and prasad from different temples in India. So many ideas that does not result in rioting or public - even Commie leaders have wives, husbands, sons and daughters - not all of them would be unsympathetic - time to act even more!
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Of course, there is "untouchability" at almost all temples in KL EXCEPT Sabarimala. The priests who enter the 'sreekovil' (please..... never use the latin 'non-equivalent' phrases in this context) customarily require a state of cleanliness, that they do not touch anyone else in an inferior state of cleanliness. So, they ensure that they do not touch you when delivering prasad or blessing etc.

In Sabarimala, everyone is swamy so no such practice is there.
Last edited by Dileep on 07 Jan 2019 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

GoKL insinuating change of thanthri is part of their general cluelessness in strategy/tactics for dealing with any issue. What can they actually do? No qualified thanthri would dare to take over from Thazamon. So what? Fake someone just like they faked the two bibis?

How will the fake thanthri assume office? You can't bring him (or her because.. why not?) in an ambulance under cover of darkness and get in through the back door.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

I am seriously considering writing up a "KL Yindoo Manifesto" to conceive a political party. The key points will be:

1. The party programme will be to promote the interests of hindus in Kerala.
2. It will follow and promote the long standing secular fabric of the state.
3. It will establish and maintain cordial relationships with like minded organizations, including organizations promoted by other religions, based on mutual respect without prejudice.
4. It will establish and maintain synergy with all dharmic organizations.
5. Politically, it will align with NDA in general, while using the votes tactically to further the party programme.

Want this, because BJP isn't going the way I like. Simple onlee.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

2 and 3 wpuld be OK if the otgers are too. Enough indicators that it is not happening. Being civil doesnt mean getting tge srick too. Thats what is gappening in many areas in KL. Just see recordings on Twitter.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

uskumar wrote:
Dumal wrote: I think there is a massive level of us vs them separatism in operation here that does not bode well!
Sir, It seems to me that you are not aware of situation in TN... and masquerade as liberal or leftist get more votes from Hindus in both these States.
Yes though I was referring to KL in this context, I am aware of the similarity with TN. Remove the Commie/Congie duopoly and replace with the Dravida koolaid, you have TN. And xDMKs and assorted political tribes are so well-entrenched that people in TN don’t even care for BJP/RSS to come to their support ever. It is unnatural for them, I think. Maybe somewhat similar in AP as well?

What I was concerned with, is the narrative even here on BR being so illogical and confused when it comes to uniting against the forces we face. And that we find us in this hole mainly due to the decades of feeding the snakes.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

What we need to understand is that RoL and RoP are as or more fragmented than Yindoos. I am not saying BLINDLY trust or support. Bhaaratham is friendly with almost all RoL nations and most RoP nations, aren't we? Why can't we follow that?
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Most BRFites come from very insular backgrounds which do not have ANY interaction with any minorities or even lesser castes from the majority and thus they build a self-narrative that all are out to get them and there is a big master plan going on to destroy hinduism and after repeating that narrative to themselves and in their ow circles for multiple times, they believe in it strongly.

Difference in Kerala is that their is no major taboo, including dietary habits that restrict meeting of hinduism with RoL or RoP. Ofcourse there are points of friction but it never gets too exaggerated because the majority of Keralites do not get absorbed in the self-narrative of isolationism.

Then there are also plenty of shared experiences, for eg when Tipu attacked malabar the zamorin of malabar packed off his hindu landlords and RoL traders from Kozhikode and Kodungalloor to the care of Kochi Raja who settled some in Thrissur and packed off the rest to further south into Travancore because Kochi raja feared Tipu would attack him based on presence of these refugees. This shared history of fleeing from common persecutor is embedded in genetic memory and cannot be erased in a moment of fury.

RoP in kerala is still mainly barelvi/hanfi Islam as most followers are grouped around Kanthapuram AP ustad who is a sunni barelvi school. The salafis are grouped around nadvathul mujahideen and are still a minority. I do not blame muslims for turning salafi or hijabis because they do not get jobs in India easily and most are self-employed with their own business and funding they get is all from relatives working/business in gelf and thus one cannot ask them to not follow practices what are practiced in gelf, because that is where they earn their bread and butter from. If they were all prosperous and well settled in India itself and India were a global tiger economy they would never have adopted any gelf customs.

RoL of Kerala is hopelessly divided and confirm to dictum of 2 malayalees make 4 organisations. If somebody can figure out threat matrix from this group, it would be highly enlightening. Only someone with no exposure to Kerala can think of this group monolithic whole. Roman Catholics, Syro Malabar, cananite syro malabar, malankara catholic, latin catholic, Capuchin etc are just divisions amongst catholics. Out of these none can intermarry with other for eg Latin Catholics are mostly fisherfolk from coastal areas. Cnanite RC cannot marry RC proper, ofcourse they can but they will only be part of RC and not Cnanite RC. Similarly Eastern Orthodox groups are divided into Jacobite and Orthodox which have divisions that all are now aware of. So many confusions. If you want I can explain detailed in another post how many divisions there really are and in return someone can explain me how can this hopelessly divided bunch is making a *united* and sinister plan against any other when all their energies are currently employed against each other is something I would like explanations from whomsoever spout this theory.

As it is biggest threat against RoL groups come from within through pentecostals (US funded evangelists), and lone ranger godmen/women who attract large followers. Church sermons and activities are devoid of any spiritualism and are just opportunities by priests to ask their flock to contribute *financially* to something or the other. Most activities of mainstream churches are related to the material world and most mainstream RoL's are thus highly disillusioned and dismayed with their business minded religious leaders and stick to their faith nominally.
Last edited by habal on 07 Jan 2019 11:06, edited 2 times in total.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

One of the reasons that Malayaless go to Gelf is not because of any issue with other states have banned them or as such. You'll see Malayalees working everywhere in India other than in Kerala. In Kerala the Left has destroyed industries. Even govt run ones and strikes are their tool. For wanted or unwanted there is Hartal, Bandh, Strikes all kinds of disruption of economic activities from taking place in Kerala. The more the poor the better is the Communist landlords to dictate terms to poor hapless ones living on govt schemes. So one aspect of destroying communist party from Kerala must look at economic well being of the people and ensuring how industries and business can run in Kerala without disruption. The day that happens Communsit party disappears into the unknown.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 53281?s=19

Wall activists say they got cheated by CM Vijayan.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

ramana wrote:https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 53281?s=19

That is pretty convenient to claim now. It is inconceivable that people participating in communist wall were foolishly thinking it has nothing to do with women entry in sabrimala, irrespective of whatever oath they took.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

habal wrote:Most BRFites come from very insular backgrounds which do not have ANY interaction with any minorities or even lesser castes from the majority and thus they build a self-narrative that all are out to get them and there is a big master plan going on to destroy hinduism and after repeating that narrative to themselves and in their ow circles for multiple times, they believe in it strongly.

Difference in Kerala is that their is no major taboo, including dietary habits that restrict meeting of hinduism with RoL or RoP. Ofcourse there are points of friction but it never gets too exaggerated because the majority of Keralites do not get absorbed in the self-narrative of isolationism.
To quote Mr. Heller, “Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.“ :mrgreen:
Your anthology on the RoP and RoL in KL does not change the nature of the forces aligned against the civilization.

The fact on the ground is - the Hindu Civilizational State - is shrinking! Hinduism protects secularism - Secularism does not protect Hinduism!
This has been so for thousands of years now... the current denizens no wiser!
One can sympathize with what Hakka and Bukka felt before their meeting with Vidyaranya! :(
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Hinduism is shrinking due to it's own efforts, it does not need any outside help to make it shrink. It is well capable of doing so itself. Sometimes outsiders also help seeing this struggle to undermine itself.

As a small example, after a temple ulsavam (festival) I see plenty of alcoholics lying drunk on road side and in front of closed shops with nobody paying any attention. If hinduism is considerate and self-confident religion why not some conscientious and proud hindus help these people to their homes or some shelter and instead just leave them to nature's mercy and unattended. I am saying this only as a small example where hinduism clearly underperforms. Raise your game, most of your grievance will go away by itself. To become strong take care of your destitutes and homeless and needy and glory will follow by itself.

Why only humans, making gestures like helping animals who get hit by traffic and putting them to safety can bring tremendous goodwill, all people may not react to such actions immidiately but they WILL make a note that this is a compassionate, strong, values-based group that may help in time of need. This is how goodwill is built at grassroots. Do things that no one expects you to.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

abhijitm wrote:
ramana wrote:https://twitter.com/ramana_brf/status/1 ... 53281?s=19

That is pretty convenient to claim now. It is inconceivable that people participating in communist wall were foolishly thinking it has nothing to do with women entry in sabrimala, irrespective of whatever oath they took.
Despite all the protestations now, the Commies can claim fait-accompli. Already I see the pics and news about the Women's wall under global news on Reddit but don't recall seeing the chain of lamps!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

habal wrote:Most BRFites come from very insular backgrounds which do not have ANY interaction with any minorities or even lesser castes from the majority and thus they build a self-narrative that all are out to get them and there is a big master plan going on to destroy hinduism and after repeating that narrative to themselves and in their ow circles for multiple times, they believe in it strongly.
You have a long history of making such incorrect and sweeping generalizations based on your own parochial inclinations. Warning given. Take a look at the mirror sometime and your own background before becoming so arrogant and supercilious with others.
Hinduism is shrinking due to it's own efforts, it does not need any outside help to make it shrink. It is well capable of doing so itself. Sometimes outsiders also help seeing this struggle to undermine itself.
x2 warning for more obvious bigotry.
Pulikeshi
BRFite

Post by Pulikeshi »

habal wrote:Hinduism is shrinking due to it's own efforts, it does not need any outside help to make it shrink. It is well capable of doing so itself. Sometimes outsiders also help seeing this struggle to undermine itself.
No issues with your recommendation, but strongly disagree with the above!
You misunderstand what I said - the Hindu Civlilizational State - is the one shrinking not Hinduism.
The size of Bharat has shrunk to half of what it used to be today. Hindus killed or converted has accelerated this over history.
The periphery has eroded and continues to do so across even this new Civilizational State. To ignore this is to be a Moodan.
There are nearly no Hindus in Bakistan today - this is a fact, I am not making this up - merely observing the reality...
This is not a social justice issue as you characterize it. It is a slow genocide of a culture a people and their traditions.
Ekam Sat Moodan bahudan vadanthi! :mrgreen:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Pulikeshi & others. Kindly don't encourage Habal's trolling with any more explanations and rebuttals. He has accumulated two warnings already. Thanks.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

There are strong rumours that Congress High Command has also decided to support the "Ordinance route" to clear the Sabari Mala log jam. K.C Venugopal an MP from Kerala seems to have been the key player here. The Congress fears that big caste based organisations like NSS would go the BJP way if Congress is seemed like being fence sitters. A better strategy being Congress favouring the Ordinance, which would also force the hands of the BJP.
Pulikeshi wrote:Hindus in KL have not done enough - there is a need to reach out to Hindu devotees from KA, TN & APs to coordinate protests and start a mass movement.
There were attempts on this and KL Hindu devotees have tried to reach out devotees from other states. And it did also see limited success. The pilgrims who protested when GoKL tried their cheap tricks were not KL devotees only. There was active support from TN. AP & KA; I guess took a neutral stand. But even in KA there have been campaigns for defending the temple, with even the state CM supporting them. So yes, more coordination is required to make this a big mass movement but it is not that nothing has been done on the ground so far.
Dileep wrote:GoKL insinuating change of thanthri is part of their general cluelessness in strategy/tactics for dealing with any issue. What can they actually do? No qualified thanthri would dare to take over from Thazamon.
+1. The peculariaty I have observed among the North Malabar communist leaders (who are also ministers in GoKL) is the absolute cluelessness or decorum in any activity they do. Right from the act of submitting food bills as medical bills, to planning foreign junk trips, all the way to using abusive language & threats; the North Malabar communists have really revealed their true dirty colours. Even communists from Central and South Kerala cannot stoop so low.

The commies have now realised that changing the chief priest etc. is unprecedented and that many people also have gone through the laws related to this. The Supreme Court has not asked the chief priest to do/or stop doing any activity. His role is still the same. The Devaswom Board manuals talk about changing the chief priest, but a new person has to come from the same family. This is going to be another damp squib crude bomb which has fallen out of the commie arsenal.
habal wrote:RoL of Kerala is hopelessly divided and confirm to dictum of 2 malayalees make 4 organisations.
But it also cannot be ignored that a common thread of X'ianity still runs through all of them and in issues dealing with Hindus, they could remain neutral or tacitly support the anti-Hindu groups. I have been scanning social media after Sabari Mala issue started. The so called youth in RoL and RoP actually were the folks who taunted the Hindus the maximum (with the veneer of communism painted over them). It is only much later in the game that the seniors (i.e from their parents generation most likely) came out in support of the Hindus. It was only just two days back that a Syro Malabar Bishop met the NSS secretary and supported the NSS stance. I don't think any Muslim organisation in Kerala have made an official statement supporting the Hindu belief system.
The salafis are grouped around nadvathul mujahideen and are still a minority. I do not blame muslims for turning salafi or hijabis because they do not get jobs in India easily and most are self-employed with their own business and funding they get is all from relatives working/business in gelf and thus one cannot ask them to not follow practices what are practiced in gelf, because that is where they earn their bread and butter from. If they were all prosperous and well settled in India itself and India were a global tiger economy they would never have adopted any gelf customs.
Cannot completely agree with you on this. My ancestral home is still in a place which has a good Muslim population. And in my own child hood, I have seen them wearing dresses which was different from what Hindus wore. They used to cover their heads, had a unique dressing style and ornaments etc. Live and let live was the mantra then. Today in the same area all those women have gone into shuttle cock burqas. The area is now clearly marked as "Muslim pockets" and "Hindu pockets", and SDPI and PDP etc. have made an entry. And RSS also is becoming stronger. This is in a place where till 30-40 years CPI(M) was strong ;). So what has happened is that Middle East made many Muslims (and others as well) improve their social standards, with many Muslims also feeling that the Arab Life is the best/pure life. Blaming India for not giving any opportunity for them etc. may be a bit of an over kill. There have been lots of Keralites (cutting across religious lines) who have moved across India and improved their lives as well. And there are also lot of non-Muslims who have made a fortune in the middle east; yet they have not shunned their religion or the pluralistic Indian way of life.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

It's not the middle east made them. It's the association of the Left and Congress to the fundamentalist elements for vote bank politics that altered the landscape for Salafists. Obviously once that association is made or allowed to be made the funding and ideology will start to come from Saudi. It's obvious.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

If Congress wants 'legislation' then problem solved onlee. There is majority at both houses between Cong and BJP!!

But that ain't gonna happen. The issue will be left smouldering while the parties try extract the maximum benefit. That is my worry.

As a short term strategy, I am thinking of starting a "Anyone But LDF" campaign for the coming LS election. KL need to give the LDF a proper face breaking answer.
Schmidt
BRFite

Post by Schmidt »

habal wrote:Hinduism is shrinking due to it's own efforts, it does not need any outside help to make it shrink. It is well capable of doing so itself. Sometimes outsiders also help seeing this struggle to undermine itself.

As a small example, after a temple ulsavam (festival) I see plenty of alcoholics lying drunk on road side and in front of closed shops with nobody paying any attention. If hinduism is considerate and self-confident religion why not some conscientious and proud hindus help these people to their homes or some shelter and instead just leave them to nature's mercy and unattended. I am saying this only as a small example where hinduism clearly underperforms. Raise your game, most of your grievance will go away by itself. To become strong take care of your destitutes and homeless and needy and glory will follow by itself.

Why only humans, making gestures like helping animals who get hit by traffic and putting them to safety can bring tremendous goodwill, all people may not react to such actions immidiately but they WILL make a note that this is a compassionate, strong, values-based group that may help in time of need. This is how goodwill is built at grassroots. Do things that no one expects you to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you are confusing Hindus / Indians with Hinduism

The faith gives utmost importance to helping others who are in need

In fact we are the only faith with a concept of punyam whereas the Abrahamic cults are only obsessed with sins ( paapam )

The irumudi that one carries to Sabarimala symbolizes punyam / papam

There are literally millions of ordinary Hindus who go about helping others in their own way

The only difference is we do not pressurize others to convert in order to be able to receive help

Maybe what is necessary is an organised effort that is linked openly and unambiguously to Hinduism and which also actively engages in proseletysation
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Latest breaking frm Kerala. 2 women who came to enter Vavar mosque arrestd by police. Hypocrisy at its best. Its officially proven- CPM hates only Hindus and will attack only Hinduism. Aurangzeb seen only 1 face of Hindu uprising. Othr side wil uproot them completely. #Sabarimala

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Equality as defined by SC and interpreted by Commies.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

SaiK wrote:Equality as defined by SC and interpreted by Commies.
This woman group was from a Hindu outfit from Tamil Nadu. And good that they did this, and exposed the communists (and the RoL & RoP vested interests groups as well).
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

For Many, Kerala Floods May Be A Thing Of Past, But Khalsa Aid Is Still Rebuilding The State

https://amp.indiatimes.com/news/india/f ... 59887.html

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

habal wrote:For Many, Kerala Floods May Be A Thing Of Past, But Khalsa Aid Is Still Rebuilding The State
GoKL also is conveniently using Sabari Mala & faith issues only to hide the state's pathetic financial position and gross mismanagement of the relief funds. Does any one know how much was received and how much was used?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dileep, How many devotees are in custody? Of them how many women?
ramana
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gyan from the ground is that ppl got at most Rs 10K for damage relief no matter what they lost. That wouldn't go far at the GoKl's prime money-maker: the phoren liquor stores.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

http://zeenews.india.com/kerala/sabarim ... 68993.html
The Kerala High Court Tuesday observed that Sabarimala was meant for devotees(never done) and that the state government should identify those who have an agenda to spoil the peaceful atmosphere at the Lord Ayyappa shrine. (commies will never do it)
Expressing concern over the situation prevailing in Sabarimala, the court said if the government was not able to control the situation, outside agencies could be brought in.
Sabarimala Special Commissioner, through his report, submitted that protesters opposing the entry of women in the menstruating age into the shrine have become more vigilant and it will be difficult to provide them protection as every day one lakh devotees trek the hills to offer prayers.
Considering a batch of pleas related to the Sabarimala issue, a division bench of Justices P R Ramachandra Menon and N Anilkumar wanted to know as to why police permitted a private vehicle carrying women from an activist group to Pamba from Nilackal recently.
(will any action be taken against commies)
The court also wanted to know whether the two women of reproductive age, who had entered the shrine on January 2, had any "agenda".
It said the government should be able to identify those setting an agenda on Sabarimala.

In other news there is a drop of over 40% in pilgrims to Sabarimala. this might impact the local devotees who are doing a greta job in mainatining the vigil. This might help the commies to infiltrate more wimmin to create more mayhem and damage the Hindu traditions. courts are of no use here.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

ramana wrote:Dileep, How many devotees are in custody? Of them how many women?
ramana
scouring internet-
~ 40,000 people have been booked for creating violence in the state in the past few days
~1,800 registered cases
~5,700 arrested
~ 750 remanded
~5000 on bail

Not able to get women numbers.
also not mentioned who are devotees and non devotees. of course likley mostly are devotees.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Another problem going to brew big time and get more international attention in negative way. tour operators aligned to commies encashing on it thru SC order.

Europeans wanting to enter the temple.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/ ... 21538.html
As per existing rules and customs, there is no restriction on the visit of foreign tourists, who adhere to the rules and practices, to the temple.
“There is no bar on domestic or international tourists in Sabarimala, if they follow existing rules and traditions. Those coming with the ‘Irumudikettu’ after mandatory penance can climb the 18 holy steps, while others can have normal darshan,” Tourism and Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran said.
However, two female tourists from Sweden were turned back by the police the other day citing security reasons at Nilakkal.