Pedophilia/Pederasty/Infidelity Crisis in the Roman Catholic Organization

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: Pedophilia/Pederasty/Infidelity Crisis in the Roman Catholic Organization

Postby UlanBatori » 12 Sep 2018 03:02

Mantri-e-Malloostan has his ass in hot water after sneering at said Nun claiming that if she got sex 13 times she is no "Kanya Stri" (virgin woman) but a prostitute. Several ppl are signing their letters "Prostitute (their name)" in protest.

Doesn't India have the equivalent of an Eff Bee Eye that takes over if local State Polis is too corrupt/too dhimmified by Police Mantri==Chief Mantri, to pursue a case and arrest the buggers? (no pun intended)

Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Pedophilia/Pederasty/Infidelity Crisis in the Roman Catholic Organization

Postby Peregrine » 12 Sep 2018 21:35

Kerala MLA PC George withdraws prostitute' remark against nun, refuses to regret - Jaikrishnan Nair

KOTTAYAM: Kerala MLA P C George has said that he is withdrawing the “prostitute” remark which he made about the nun who had lodged a complaint of sexual abuse against Jalandhar Bishop Franco Mulakkal. Speaking to TOI on Wednesday, George said that he is only withdrawing the word and the rest of the remarks made in the press conference remains the same.

"I have no regret about passing such a comment. But I am withdrawing the word as it was not right to use the word. But I am reaffirming the rest of the remarks made in that press conference,” he said. “I don’t consider her a nun and also want an investigation about the financial sources of the brother and family of the nun,” he reiterated.

George had crossed all limits as he went on to insult the victim nun and the other nuns who took part in the sit-in protest in Kochi. In a press meet here on Saturday, the MLA questioned the moral side of the nun. Is there any doubt that the nun is a prostitute? asked George to the reporters. “12 times she enjoyed. The 13th time it became rape. Why she didn’t complain in the first time,”

He said that the victim nun is not eligible to be a nun as she has ceased to be a virgin the day she was abused for the first time. He also questioned the morality of the nuns who protested in Kochi. He had said that if the nuns are subjected to medical examination, one can know "how many of them are chaste".

Cheers Image

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 13 Sep 2018 17:37

Pope to meet US Bishops in Rome over sex abuse (audio item)
https://www.wnyc.org/story/pope-meets-u ... -sex-abuse

Posting here because the item mentions that the Church used to claim that the sex abuse problem that became highlighted after the Boston scandal of years ago was a problem peculiar to America. But scandals have erupted in Chile, France, Australia, and "yesterday" in Germany it was reported that some 1700 clerics abused 4000 minors over a period of 7 years.

Haresh
BRFite

Postby Haresh » 13 Sep 2018 21:38

Is it not possible for the Government/Immigration authorities in India to demand that before a Xtian missionary/pastor/priest from outside of the country is allowed in, that they must produce a official letter from the Police/church authority in their Home country that they have never been investigated/suspected/convicted or anyone in their church/group for sex offences?

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 13 Sep 2018 22:00

My son joined Boys scout when he was 8. I took him to few camps. Then I heard about how close Boys and girls scout are with Catholic churches and with all the pedophilia going on. I took him out when he was 10.

Regarding dealing with evangelism I tell them that We are Dharmic people and for us Jesus is just like Guru Nanak dev aka a Guru aka a Teacher from whom we must learn and follow.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 14 Sep 2018 00:46

Peregrine wrote:Kerala MLA PC George withdraws prostitute' remark against nun, refuses to regret - Jaikrishnan Nair

KOTTAYAM: Kerala MLA P C George has said that he is withdrawing the “prostitute” remark which he made about the nun who had lodged a complaint of sexual abuse against Jalandhar Bishop Franco Mulakkal. Speaking to TOI on Wednesday, George said that he is only withdrawing the word and the rest of the remarks made in the press conference remains the same.

"I have no regret about passing such a comment. But I am withdrawing the word as it was not right to use the word. But I am reaffirming the rest of the remarks made in that press conference,” he said. “I don’t consider her a nun and also want an investigation about the financial sources of the brother and family of the nun,” he reiterated.

George had crossed all limits as he went on to insult the victim nun and the other nuns who took part in the sit-in protest in Kochi. In a press meet here on Saturday, the MLA questioned the moral side of the nun. Is there any doubt that the nun is a prostitute? asked George to the reporters. “12 times she enjoyed. The 13th time it became rape. Why she didn’t complain in the first time,”

He said that the victim nun is not eligible to be a nun as she has ceased to be a virgin the day she was abused for the first time. He also questioned the morality of the nuns who protested in Kochi. He had said that if the nuns are subjected to medical examination, one can know "how many of them are chaste".

Cheers Image

By a similar logic, did the bishop not cease to be a bishop from the day of his first encounter which must have been long, long before the one that he has now been accused of??

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Postby A_Gupta » 14 Sep 2018 22:45

https://www.theatlantic.com/internation ... is/570208/
The Sex-Abuse Scandal Is Growing Faster Than the Church Can Contain It
The Catholic world is struggling to absorb a week of new revelations and resignations.

Philip
BRF Oldie

Postby Philip » 15 Sep 2018 10:04

The disgusting male chauvinism displayed by politicos in this instance, degrading nuns in such a gross indecent manner, and the attitude of the clergy closing ranks before a proper investigation has been conducted, reminds me of the the followers of the Dera Sacha Saudha trickster and sexual abuser who fell from grace.

Like the cardinal of Oz, who was also accused of abuses and resigned leaving the Vatican to fight his case in the courts, the bishop is Q would do well to follow his superior's example if he is truly innocent! Just because the nun in Q is seen in pics with the bishop does not mean that he is innocent...or guilty,or that she is makinb false allegations, but compelling evidence that he " knew her well".The Q on everyone's mind is whether he " knew her" well in the Biblical sense! :D

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Postby Sachin » 15 Sep 2018 11:19

Philip wrote:The disgusting male chauvinism displayed by politicos in this instance, degrading nuns in such a gross indecent manner, and the attitude of the clergy closing ranks before a proper investigation has been conducted, reminds me of the the followers of the Dera Sacha Saudha trickster and sexual abuser who fell from grace.

The drama of both Kerala Govt and Kerala Police in the nun v/s bishop case is now even irritating many Christians who wish to keep their religion in their homes. The recent cases against the clergy have clearly exposed them as a "power group" and "manipulators" who now have the clout to even interfere in the workings of a democratically elected government. We must also understand that how "information sharing" has now changed big time in India. Social media in KL is quite active on highlighting one fact; The "communal" governments of BJP in North India did not have any pangs to execute the arrest of Hindu & Sikh saints (?) like Asharam Bapu and Dera Sacha Sauda chief. It is the "secular communist atheist" government of KL which is pi$$ing in its pants when it comes to arresting a Bishop.

Murders involving clergy men were not really uncommon in Kerala. There was a case way back in 1966, in which the priest accused of murder was acquited of the crime. He was even given a Sainthood. The Jolly murder case of 1984 was another major scandal at that time. The accused was a priest from the Orthodox sect, and he was punished by the courts. Then there was the case of Fr. Anthony Lazar using hired goons to murder a Marykutty with whom he had an affair. He too was prosecuted and given a life sentence. It was the Abhaya Case which happened way back in 1992, which started changing the narratives. That case still has not got any where. Mainly because even in the initial stages the powerful clergy had managed to scuttle the case and keep it away from the glare of media. In this case the clergy played any game possible to get the nun and two padres out of the list of accused. At that point of time social media etc. was not even in existence, and the clergy could use their clout on the media houses, governments and the police.

But the latest case of the nun v/s bishop, times have certainly changed. The clergy is once again closing ranks; with the Missionaries of Jesus even displaying the photograph of the nun who is the victim. They are not supposed to reveal the identity of the victim in such cases, but yet they went ahead and did it. Now looks like Vatican is getting involved; but that should only be on religious matters.

Mean while; while the Roman Catholic clergy is fighting this case that has not stopped the Orthodox & Jacobite sects having a big fight over the rights on churches.
Dispute between Orthodox-Jacobite factions at Kattachira; Prohibitory orders enforced.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”