Poll thread on Indian General Election 2019

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.

Who do you want to see winning General election 2019 and heading India?

Poll ended at 17 Jul 2019 00:44

BJP & its allies headed by Narendra Modi
96%
Congress & its allies aka Mahagathbandhan headed by Rahul Gandhi
4%

Total votes: 212

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Poll thread on Indian General Election 2019

Post by Lilo »

This is a "no discussion" "who must win" poll on runup to GE 2019.
"No discussion" means that members can only post their "own standalone opinion" and are not allowed to address nor quote others posts/opinions while posting in this thread.
That "own standalone opinion" can be on any issue relevant to the election/poll and/or why a particular party deserves to win compared to the other,however all such opinions have to be couched in general terms in an impersonal manner without addressing other brfites and their posts.
I again reiterate that there will be zero discussion in this thread quoting each others posts.

Further members should totally refrain from posting quotes of news snippets or third party images(selfcreated images are allowed) or any SM sourced political propaganda.Each and every post in this thread should be in your own words/your own work.

The choice in this election is stark and binary between two political camps that have the chance to form the govt at national level.There is zero chance of a viable third front(i.e one which is non BJP and non Congress led) forming the union govt.So intentionally no third option is provided.

This is not a predictive poll - i.e this is a who must win poll and is not a who will win poll.So please do not refer to any election surveys or opinion polls in this thread.The General election 2019 is scheduled to occur between April and May 2019 in the normal course of events.So i'll put down this poll to run for a 6 month period.The members have been given the option to change the vote cast at any point of time till the poll ends.

Mods may edit this post as per need.

PS: All must use respectable short forms for political personalities and parties as far as possible i.e NaMo , RaGa ,Sonia Maino , Kejri etc.Do not employ disparaging terms.Try to concentrate more on the positives on your own preferred party than harping solely on the negatives of the other party.
Last edited by Lilo on 18 Jan 2019 02:33, edited 6 times in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Poll thread on Indian General Election 2019

Post by Lilo »

I have voted my preference for BJP headed by NaMo to win this election.

I will post a incrementally accretive post on why my preference is for NaMo & BJP listing the achievements of this term with regard to each major sector and highlighting the lapses of the congie system of the past to contrast.
Last edited by Lilo on 18 Jan 2019 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

No discussion at all please.
Ramana
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Electricity access

In 2014 as per World Bank electricity access report pg16, 270 million Indians were not having electricity connection in their homes.
In 2019, as on date only 2.5 million indians are without access to electricity.

In 2014, 20% of Indians had no electricity connection, after 4.5 years of Modi sarkar that figure is now only 0.2%
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

BJP
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

This is a no-brainer as far as I am concerned. BJP of course.

Modi Ji has done the unexpected, the unbelievable and the incomparable. The list of his achievements is too long for me to even start, will leave that to others more capable. All I can say is that as an NRI and a Hindu, I can hold my head high and walk with a pride that I never could before.
Kritavarman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Kritavarman »

BJP because of NaMo
venug
BRFite

Post by venug »

BJP
Mukhi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Mukhi »

Just review the Achievement Thread.

BJP all the way.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Do you really believe this?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

No discussions in this thread !
Please to xpost in relevant thread and post the link
Vinu
BRFite

Post by Vinu »

Namo and BJP because India deserves both.
sunnyP
BRFite

Post by sunnyP »

BJP/NaMo - as they are the least worst option.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

After 1974 Pokhran nuke test, West put four barriers to contain India: NSG, Wassenar, MTCR, NPT cutoff. ABV tested in 1998 and made India defacto NWS. Modi got India into Wassenar and MTCR i.e 3 out 4 barriers breached. Only NSG barrier due to China is there. Even this will fall.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Lilo Ji, What is the purpose of this thread when we know how the wind blows in BRF.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Vikas ji,
You have the benefit of hindsight which i didnt have.

Other wise, this poll is to measure the strength of opinion for either choice when it comes to members of BRF.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

115 to 6. (I am #6, just wanted to see..)
Seriously, a thread on the needed campaigning would be good if permissible by Bredators.
This thread, now that the poll is established, should perhaps help develop the Platform. Hint: Claiming that most Indians have electricity and gas cooking, is like "India Shining". It is clueless about the realities in rural India (and much of urban India). India is desperately short of energy at all levels, and the rural areas where 67% live are in utter despair. What is the campaign strategy for rural India? If I were running RaGa campaign I would argue that Modi Gov has money to spend on fancy Russian and French toys, but not to educate village children. How to counter this?

Look at the platform put out by Commies in Kerala for instance: They are taking the MOHAWG of "Navottharanam", "equal access", which sell a heck of a lot better than "ASAT" or "Balakot", sorry to say. How to counter this?

BJP is painted as a party of old High-Caste Brahmins etc. How is this to be countered?

I think NDA is desperately and probably fatally short of leaders other than NaMo, who cannot be everywhere. Amit Shah is effective. Then who? There is nothing today to match the Advani-Vajpayee combine of 1992.

The opportunity to remove 35A/ 370 in J&K is lost.
The opportunity for Uniform Civil Code is lost.
The Ram Mandir opportunity is lost.

The BJP's campaign seems to be run in Unmanned Mode. Zombie mode, more accurately.
Varuna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Varuna »

UlanBatori wrote:
Do you really believe this?
The guy heading the program is a close acquaintance and it's a fairly accurate assessment according to him. Note that this figure is for people who want to be electrified. There are a few who get a connection through illegal means and they are not a part of it so far.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote: Seriously, a thread on the needed campaigning would be good if permissible by Bredators.
This thread, now that the poll is established, should perhaps help develop the Platform. Hint: Claiming that most Indians have electricity and gas cooking, is like "India Shining". It is clueless about the realities in rural India (and much of urban India). India is desperately short of energy at all levels, and the rural areas where 67% live are in utter despair. What is the campaign strategy for rural India? If I were running RaGa campaign I would argue that Modi Gov has money to spend on fancy Russian and French toys, but not to educate village children. How to counter this?
<snip>
Ramana ji created one: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704
DrRatnadip
BRFite

Post by DrRatnadip »

I am going to vote for Modi sir and BJP .. I have taken this decision based on following observations :
1) Before 2014 we used to face severe electricity shortage and load shading in my district. Rural part had more than 15 to 18 hours of load shading.. electricity was available only during night hours so many of my farmer relatives had to be awake during night to water their farms.. even in city 5-6 hours load shading was common.. Now things are different.. We are getting full time electricity.. This has significantly made life easy.
2) when I was studant in govt medical college shortage of teachers and staff was common.. During medical council inspection it was custom to import deficient staff from other govt colleges to show that there is no deficiency .. All this lie was only due to inaction of previous government.. It was almost criminal to leave these medical institutes without adequate doctors when qualified people were available and they were unable to get job just govt did not conduct necessory exam and interviews for years..Now things are different .. even freshly passed post grads are getting good govt jobs regularly as interviews are arranged based on requirements and not with whims of some babu/minister.. people are getting posts without corruption...
3) Roads.. I agree even previous govt constructed impressive roads in my region.. But main difference I can notice as a common man is speed with wich works are completed.. It is much faster with modi govt.. I must give credit to shri Gadkari ji for this .. He is very inovative and bold in matters of transport.
4) Many govt processes are simpler now.. This includes passport/ adhar/ all govt certificates.. Even paying tax is easier..
5) BJP is obvious choice if someone is concerned about national defence.. I still feel we would have responded much much better if Modiji was our PM during 26/11..
6) I want to see my nation self reliant in weapons and defence system.. I absolutely hated it when we sent "Dossiers" to pak.. That projected us as weak nation.. I dont want to see it again.. I want our forces to be given free hand to deal with enemies..Its my deep down desire as common man that we should eliminate masood azhar likes in some sort of covert mission just as US did with OBL.. if there is any chance of it happening it is with MODIji..
7) Modiji gave Parrikar sir and Doval sir chance to do what they have done for nation..I can think of no one better for job of NSA other than Doval sir.. We need him as much we need Modiji.. I dont want some fool going on top posts just because he is son of someone "special"..
I am trying to convince everybody I can to give majority to BJP and i am not a political person..I am doing it as I feel its my national duty ..
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Every "bhArat rakshakaH" must watch this; take your convenient time to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLx9A5mO-ho
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

I will be travelling 1500 kilometres to vote Modi, and then back after voting; very next day.

Surgical Strikes
GST
Notebandi
Balakot Strike
Jan Dhan accounts
Swachhataa
International Yog Diwas
Porkis stripped of MFN
Doklam
Tejas
Su 30 AVAILABILITY increases
Mig 29K AVAILABILITY increases
Rafale
ASAT Shakti Test
Ganga Cleansing
Creating Waterways
Finished KMP & KGP HIGHWAYs in record time.
Infra in NE
Electricity in villages
Ayushman Scheme
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Varuna ji,
Please no discussions in this thread as per my thread starting post,
you can take any rejoinder you want to make to any post here to the
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704

Saik ji ,
no videos in this thread please as per my below quoted thread starting post.
Please post any such videos only in the above linked political discussions thread.
Lilo wrote:This is a "no discussion" "who must win" poll on runup to GE 2019.
"No discussion" means that members can only post their "own standalone opinion" and are not allowed to address nor quote others posts/opinions while posting in this thread.
That "own standalone opinion" can be on any issue relevant to the election/poll and/or why a particular party deserves to win compared to the other,however all such opinions have to be couched in general terms in an impersonal manner without addressing other brfites and their posts.
I again reiterate that there will be zero discussion in this thread quoting each others posts.

Further members should totally refrain from posting quotes of news snippets or third party images(selfcreated images are allowed) or any SM sourced political propaganda.Each and every post in this thread should be in your own words/your own work.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Self deleted as not as per rules.
Last edited by Yagnasri on 29 Mar 2019 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Yag ji,
Wrong thread for such predictive polls as per below quoted thread starting post.
Please use this thread >> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704
Lilo wrote:..This is not a predictive poll - i.e this is a who must win poll and is not a who will win poll.So please do not refer to any election surveys or opinion polls in this thread.The General election 2019 is scheduled to occur between April and May 2019 in the normal course of events.So i'll put down this poll to run for a 6 month period.The members have been given the option to change the vote cast at any point of time till the poll ends....
Sumeet
BRFite

Post by Sumeet »

Arnab interviews Modi: (Must watch)

https://www.republicworld.com/election- ... ia-network
dipak
BRFite

Post by dipak »

BJP
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

IBNLIVE

More than 600 theatre artistes from across the country have urged the electorate to vote for "equality and social justice, and to defeat the forces of darkness and barbarism".

A joint statement issued by them urged the voters to "help safeguard the Constitution and our syncretic, secular ethos".

ADVERTISEMENT