Raveen wrote:I know of many like this - daddy got a healthy cut for all infra work, so they sing TDP songs after their bhajans are done
It is poor understanding of politics and political ideologies of parties and people. Such transactional loyalties are hardly long-term.
Bhakt mode blinds you to multiple identities and loyalties which can be normal.
Some of regions have strong local ideologies which unfortunately misconstrued as anti-national as Advani said due to cataracted Bhakti. Keep open mind and analyze from all political angles as long as they don't go to enemy/foreign countries/people to work against India or Hindus. Doing power politics and hard-bargaining to get lion share for their region is NOT anti-nationalism.
While having strong local feeling is not anti-nationalism, this is what disappointed me in most friends among AP folks:
1. No national perspective. Folks from TG/KA may support local parties but still talk positively of Modi's work and might even vote in many numbers.
2. started abusing, lies, conspiracy theories about Modi/Shah which is common among all telugu folks.
3. even during recent attacks, there is not even anger on Pakistan. The only thought for many of them is will this help Modi and many started discounting India and supporting Imran
4. Majority are not for hard-bargaining. They only care about real estate/lands and caste
5. Some are just anti-DeMo because many run loan shark businesses with cash
6. In spite of all the numbers of nearly 1.3 lakh core in last 3 years from center, no one even goes back re-examine their heads.
7. Many spread lies on banks, IBC, Gujrati, south vs north and not even iota of sympathy on poor/lower class help Modi is giving
8. I would like to see Naidu because of my strong anti-jagan attitude but I won't shed a tear for that low life. No respect for this man anymore.
9. Think about it - We produced some of the greatest freedom fighters and patriots. In our narrow thinking, we are prostrating in front of one or two families: corrupt and crooked families