2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by SBajwa »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
SBajwa wrote:
That is not true!! The khalistani sikhs are not more than 5% of the entire Sikh population. It is only Sikhs in Canada, USA, UK who are Khalistanis. Sikhs in India are 99% with India.
Bajwaji no offense intended. And no doubts on loyalties of Sikhs in India. However if we look at Canada the figure of 5% of Sikh population is not something which can be overlooked. At 10% odd it reaches a tipping point unless counted by an equally vocal counter narrative. At 10% it could mean that the whole narrative of the Sikh population in Canada is pro-K and given the influence of the community cause changes in policy.

Long read but maybe worth a look. - Minority Rules: Scientists Discover Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas.
Scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute have found that when just 10 percent of the population holds an unshakable belief, their belief will always be adopted by the majority of the society.

I ask them if they will.go and settle in Khalistan 100% say no. They are just uneducated truck drivers who are delusional due to.1% terrorists
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good one Sandeep!!!
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Its Saadhvi vs Diggie in Bhopal. How I wish to see Saadhvi winning this seat. A small but significant revenge on the Hindu Terror bogey perpetrator
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

triple Talaq or similar minority fringe issues are not the sole defining criteria for muslims.
Harping too much on that is patronizing.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

banrjeer wrote:triple Talaq or similar minority fringe issues are not the sole defining criteria for muslims.
Harping too much on that is patronizing.
If 90% of the community vote for one party, then religion is the defining criteria. Please don't be a muslim apologist on this forum.
maluman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by maluman »

Deleted
Last edited by Suraj on 17 Apr 2019 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: poster warned for trolling
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Cleanup
Last edited by Suraj on 17 Apr 2019 20:34, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Forum 101: Don't feed a troll
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Troll alert!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oh come on! We NEED some entertainment. The level of GroupThink was becoming very dull indeed with LiLoji's suffocating No Discussion rules, etc etc. Keep it up, comrade Maluman. Since we kicked out the Pakis I have been utterly devastated at the lack of such in-depth perspectives - and opportunities to offer my own.
One small item for you to consider in your conclusion that the Rafale deal price has shot up. Back in 2004, the USD was Rs. 28.88. The 2019 average was Rs. 68.42. So Hajaar Karod back then would become 2.3684Hajaar Karod. Also, I have it on the authority of the Indian Consul in South East Mongolia (not in any way an NDA fan) that HAL simply refused to license-build Rafale even if the tooling came from Frogistan for it. The technical leap needed was just too large (apologies to all the HAL experts here) and not a good investment of their time. This single decision may have saved the Tejas program which IMHO is much more needed than Rafales. OTOH, if an entity such as Re-Lie-Atz learns to Xerox-build Rafale, next thing u know, what happened to the auto industry might happen in the airplane industry. Back in 1970s India made Hindustan Ambassador Mark 1, 2 and maybe 3.
Plus Fiat. Then Sanjay Gandi got a few yen from Suzuki to set up Maruti, and the rest is history. Maruti wasn't exactly world-beating quality...

Then the liberalization came, and today India is probably a bigger automobile/SUV manufacturer than Detroit. Most are not the traditional car-builders of India.
So what might happen in 20 years to airplane manufacturing if (a) you leave it in the hands of HAL and (b) bring in new players who understand Indian market, plus world markets?

Also, I have been hearing about "Gujarat 2002" since, (let me think...) 2002!!!! Non-stop. In 2014 this same scare was put out. How many (OK, large) communal riots/pogroms/genocides have occurred in the past 5 years, vs. the prior 5? Let me see..... ?????
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

There seems to be complete silence on how Bihar will fare ? It may not be a sweep for either alliance and only 1-2% would define who gets the bragging rights. This maybe Nitish, Paswan and Lalu's last big GE hurrah before they move closer to political sunset. Paswana nd Lalu have already brought forward their progeny to take over the reins of family enterprise.
Do we have anyone from Ground zero to provide the report ?
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

BH should be fine. NDA combined vote share is 10% higher than MGB. Nitish is only 68 yrs old. He will be around for another 10-15 yrs. So will Modi. People are happy with all the work that NDA has done. With Laloo in jail there is practically no competition. Laloo's sons do not have that pull are people consider them as spoilt, corrupt brats. RSS has built up org in BH. I expect Shatrughan to loose from Patna.
maluman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by maluman »

{Deleted. If you want to discuss Rafale cost estimates, go to the Rafale thread in the mil forum. There's nothing to see in the politics thread}
Last edited by Suraj on 17 Apr 2019 22:39, edited 2 times in total.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Someone asked about Kasurgod. In the MLA election BJP lost by a very slim margin in Kasurgod. Current BJP candidate for the MP election is Raveesh Thantri Kuntar, ( who also stood for the MLA election, see link below) a well known priest (Thanthri) associated with the Kuntar temple that lies between Sullia(Dakshin Kannada, Karnataka) and Kasurgod (Kerala). He has been associated with the performance of Ashtamangala and other yajnas. However, Kasurgod is a big centre for gold smuggling, every week Mangalore airport sees an arrest with a RoPER arrested for trying to smuggle in gold through ingenious ways and almost all cases are Kasurgod residents. So RoPERS will prefer someone who does not meddle in their activities.

Sabarimala has had tremendous repercussions in Dakshin Kannada and people say that the site has become bhrashta and this will feed into that vote there in Mangalore. Kasurgod has people who speak Tulu and Kannada, the bowler Anil Kumble for example is from Kumbhle a small town on the Mangalore-Kasurgod highway which is in Kerala!! But the general opinion is this is a tight election for the BJP in Kasurgod because of the demographics. Too close to call.

Historically the Chandragiri river (named in fact after Chandragupta Maurya) formed the traditional border between North Malabar and the Nayaka kings who ruled Dakshin Kannada and Kasurgod was part of Dakshin Kannada. One can even today find traces of the fortifications of the Nayaka kings and ruins of forts by the Chandragiri river. Most striking is the Hanuman temple on the National Highway 66 connecting Mangalore and Kasurgod next to the ruined walls of a Nayaka fort near Kumbhla(Kerala). This Hanuman was considered as the dwarpala of that fort and the temple is well-maintained and sees a lot of traffic as even long haul truckers on the Panvel-Trivandrum highway NH 66 stop by to ask this potent deity for protection. This is true for truckers from all over India. The name of the temple is Shri Kote Veeranjaneya temple and the name itself indicates its purpose Kote =Kota=Fort.
At the states re-organization all this was messed up to satisfy secular urges and traditional boundaries were disturbed.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 642618.ece
Last edited by vsunder on 17 Apr 2019 22:08, edited 3 times in total.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Lilo wrote:
Bengal will not allow Ram Naam or Hari naam. Allah O A only. Rohingya Muslim infiltrators will be settled here- what will you do? Openly threatens Reporter calling for cancellation of his licence .

Notice the bengal police waala standing next to her & gesticulating his approval.He Can be a better mamluk than any Nubian slave.

https://youtu.be/fm_P64nSDvc

Who is this Trinamool woman leader & who is that police guy with the sun glasses ..?
Video of Trinamool leader opposing NRC legislation of BJP govt at center.
Quite a speech. Don't like it but still a few observations.
  1. Rohingya issue was only small part or missing. Could not hear clearly.
  2. Police is totally behind TMC as obvious.
  3. She was promising all development that Centre did. 'I will give you. You don't have to go anywhere. ' Feel that there is a clear fear running and TMC is scared s**tless.
  4. Also demonstrates how minority vote banks are being consolidated. If a lotus has to bloom in WB you have to go it alone and consolidate majority votes. Tough task.
While i find this very off putting, but i am encouraged by the nervousness of the TMC. Its not a sole religion issue, they are afraid of losing votes on the development plank.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

maluman wrote: History will not be kind to any of this
I have to laugh at this. Don't take it too seriously. Either Congress or Bjp life will still go on. There is no 'history' monster to be worried about at night.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Deleted
Last edited by Suraj on 17 Apr 2019 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cleanup
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

{Deleted. Rafale discussions in Rafale thread, not politics thread}
Last edited by DharmaB on 17 Apr 2019 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
ramana wrote:WB also will be part of national trend.

Ramanaji not so sure about this. Anecdotal but i am getting mixed signals. There is a sizable section wanting Modi but they are not as vocal. Among immediate family and friends i see quite a bit of apathy. Unlike last time.

And somehow us Bengalis seem to have drunk deeply at the well of Left Liberal Kool Aid. Some of the conspiracy theories would put Mills and Boon to shame.

Feels like 10 though i was hoping for 20.

Talking to family and friends is self selective bias in the sample.

And Bengal is seeing a resurgence.

I wish RayC were alive to see the return to mainstream India of Bengal.
Its the common folk and not the bhadralok who are now hanging on to Jihadidi after the long duree with CPM.

Bengal42 seats go to polls all 7 Phases.
TMC collapse will come after 4th Phase on 29 April.

Any way lets see.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:Many CON party candidates in UP are upper caste brahmin and banias in order to cut BJP votes and help MGB. Wonder how much of it is going to work. any ideas?
Dont see things through Congress prism of divide and rule.

Your prism says BJP is upper Caste Brahmin/Bania party.
Not really.
Also note BMW of BSP has put up mostly Brahmin candidates and these will fight it out with Congress.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lilo wrote:

Notice the bengal police waala standing next to her & gesticulating his approval.He Can be a better mamluk than any Nubian slave.

https://youtu.be/fm_P64nSDvc

Who is this Trinamool woman leader & who is that police guy with the sun glasses ..?
Video of Trinamool leader opposing NRC legislation of BJP govt at center.
Interesting if that guy swore his oath on Indian Constitution or the Koran.

Even Mamelukes would be ashamed o f him.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Lilo wrote:Image

SuSu's prepoll instruction to Swamytards aiming to defeat the NDA alliance of AIADMK & BJP in TN.
Never seen a snake like SuSu in our Politics.Na Bhuto Na Bhavishyati.

What is good for SuSu's pockets is good for "national unity" it seems ( SuSu has a deep nexus with mannargudi mafia's (Sasikala / TTV Dinakaran) loot gathered during Jayalalitha times ).
And now Viraat Swamytards are instructed by their SuSu to vote for TTV who allied his party with muslim communal organisation/s SDPI (& PFI) in TN supposedly for the sake of "national unity" :rotfl:

Firstly PFI has murdered RSS workers.
Secondly PFI is an anti-national party.
Thirdly
The Amma Makkal Munnetra Kazhagam, (AMMK) of Dinakaran, Sasikala’s nephew, which was supposed to split the AIADMK votes almost to the middle, is not finding substantial traction as expected. Except for a few constituencies, where they are giving a tough fight to both the DMK and AIADMK, it has not put up high profile candidates nor is it doing campaigning in an intense way across the state. It looks to be working on a few select constituencies. The damage to the AIADMK from AMMK might be much lesser than expected.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Vikas wrote:
sudeepj wrote:
Its easy to develop a superiority complex and to appeal to it.. who does not like feeling superior to the unwashed plebs around all the time.. Who would not like to blame 'the other' for all the ills in ones own society. I would not be unnecessarily alarmed, but a sophisticated communication strategy needs to be put in place to talk about these things. Ultimately, Sikhs are our brothers in dharm and we simply cant turn our back on the future. There are plenty of mistakes on the states side and from among the Hindus society as well, not least the lack of justice for those who suffered in 84.
Sudeep Ji, There is history before '84 happened. As much as '84 was horrible, shameful and a blot on Indic society, we should also take in account the situation and circumstances of the time in account.
Don't know what mistakes are you referring to otherwise.
Sikhs have been put on higher pedestal across North India, How many movies would be allowed to play the religious motif as was played in recent movie 'Kesari' and everyone lapped it up.
This superiority complex is mostly owned by Jaat Sikhs and not by Sikhs who are considered lower.
All of what you are saying is true.. Any right thinking person can not disagree with what you have said. It is factual. But its not the complete set of facts. Consider the situation from a Sikh's point of view. Congress agreed to an a-dharmic partition that ruined the lives of a very large number of Sikhs.. If Sikh leadership or common Sikh man was taken into confidence, they would have preferred a civil war over the partition. They regard the then Congress as a hindu party.. Its a different thing that today, most hindus regard it as a .... party. After this, the rough shod approach of both Nehru and Indira when they would not take local state governments into confidence about governance matters deepened the mistrust. Particularly when it came to river water issues.. There was lot of interference in religious affairs also.. And for many in the Sikh community, Op Bluestar came as the final straw. Many excesses were also committed in the counter insurgency campaign, which is always the case.

From my point of view, its an adharmic, colonial state system (i.e. all organelles of the state.. the media, the judiciary, the political parties, the bureaucracy..) that is targetting all dharmic institutions. This is the reason why peaceful kar sevaks were shot in hundreds and their bodies thrown in the Saryu river.. This is why such ruthless illegal interference in Sikh society. One faction was armed, supplied money etc.

I feel that this appreciation of the situation - an adharmic/colonial state against all dharmic communities will make us all stronger. In reality, the state had a muscle memory of pitting one group against the other to continue its rule and we all suffered because of it. The only way out may be to appeal to the best aspects of our religious and cultural heritage, recognize the pain we have inflicted on each other, recognize our common dharmic path, and move forward.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

WB trend will be clearer tomorrow. Right now in phase 1 small Bengali channels are giving it to BJP. But where are the Modi rallies in WB?
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Looking at the state of Bengal elections today, It reminds me of the Bihar elections in 2005. (under cong rule :eek: ??)
One brave officer appointed by EC, Mr. KJ Rao controlled all the gundagiri in Bihar and brought the change when almost every one was so hopeless.

I wish this time too, we had one good officer in-charge of Bengal to see fair and free elections to boost the morale of the populace who want to vote for lotus but fearing the wrath of begum...
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

chandrasekaran wrote:Its Saadhvi vs Diggie in Bhopal. How I wish to see Saadhvi winning this seat. A small but significant revenge on the Hindu Terror bogey perpetrator
Aggressive move. MSM is freaking out.. Shah gave the right message: Congress tried to Malign India and Hindus, Diggie was the one who coined "Saffron Terror" bogey. Now payback ensued. Hidden message also subtly conveyed to all "secular forces" - Modi/Shah will not forgive or forget their heinous crimes against Hindus.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

If posters here wanted alternate view, here it is couched in sophistry:

https://twitter.com/Raheelk

And do learn how to twist something very negative into very positive. The chutzpah #SickularLeLi crowd has is just unbelievable https://anthro.ai/indianelections/notes ... ave-in-up/
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Some people want Gods and Goddesses to descend to them and give them bountiful gifts. Work done silently behind the scenes is never recognized! Here is one such story:

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/hema-m ... g-for-modi
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

OmkarC wrote:
chandrasekaran wrote:Its Saadhvi vs Diggie in Bhopal. How I wish to see Saadhvi winning this seat. A small but significant revenge on the Hindu Terror bogey perpetrator
Aggressive move. MSM is freaking out.. Shah gave the right message: Congress tried to Malign India and Hindus, Diggie was the one who coined "Saffron Terror" bogey. Now payback ensued. Hidden message also subtly conveyed to all "secular forces" - Modi/Shah will not forgive or forget their heinous crimes against Hindus.
Looking forward to her win. They have to get back the MP to get majority mark. Also on the same lines PC, actually his son, should be defeated too in TN, but unfortunately it is their safe seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17v9EUVrtc
On good news side for BJP, Delhi seems like back to BJP due to AAP and INC not agreeing to join at hip. Rahul Gandhi is total failure in South this time in terms of doing any effective campaign even with alliances. So without strong alliances in North looks like that his failure trend is continuing in North too.
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

For AAP/INC alliance, I think AAP will finally agree to the INC conditions. We have 5 days left for filing nomination papers and AAP is fighting a battle of survival. There is no limits to how low they can go or how many U-turns they can make.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Some places have already voted and then other places have filing deadline after that? Does this mean that one could contest in, say, Amethi, do an exit poll and then file in another state? :shock:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What are the exit polls/impressions so far anyway?
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

This Astrologer is based in Bay Area. Usually Spot on. The only questionable part of the analysis is Modi's exact time/D.O.B.
https://www.ktastro.com/article/?id=23

Sorry, if this is off topic...
CalvinH
BRFite

Post by CalvinH »

UlanBatori wrote:What are the exit polls/impressions so far anyway?
I think Exit polls are not allowed till the completion of final phase of elections.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Wow! Better than most news media polls.Election started b4 April 23 and will end be4 May 24 so I guess OK. Are they REALLY going to all keep quiet until May 23? No sneak peek? Maybe track Stock market? Shot up after April 15.
Doesn't India have public equivalent of Las Vegsa/ Reno to give good predictions? Where do all the cricket bookies go when one really needs them?
Maybe BR can have a betting contest. Winner gets 1 month ban, next runner-up 20 days etc. Worth a lot of money in gained productivity... :mrgreen:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

SBajwa wrote:
Mukesh.Kumar wrote:
Bajwaji no offense intended. And no doubts on loyalties of Sikhs in India. However if we look at Canada the figure of 5% of Sikh population is not something which can be overlooked. At 10% odd it reaches a tipping point unless counted by an equally vocal counter narrative. At 10% it could mean that the whole narrative of the Sikh population in Canada is pro-K and given the influence of the community cause changes in policy.

Long read but maybe worth a look. - Minority Rules: Scientists Discover Tipping Point for the Spread of Ideas.

I ask them if they will.go and settle in Khalistan 100% say no. They are just uneducated truck drivers who are delusional due to.1% terrorists

You should ask them if the Sikhs who came from West Panjab would like to return to there while awaiting Khalistan. Their reaction is priceless.

But they are Indians and I think we cannot be too harsh in judging them, hopefully as they develop a greater sophistication things will improve.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Looks like Tamil Nadu will not be the walk over for DMK-Congress Alliance that surveys are predicting, tough fight in Kongu, Northern TN and parts of Southern TN. #Elections2019
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

ramana wrote:Chintamani forecast for upcoming Phase O.O.
He also estimates Phase I based on Exit polls.

https://twitter.com/IamIconoclast/statu ... 24416?s=19

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in With BJP poised to take 8/14 in the 1st phase of Karnataka LS polls, and another to independent, has the Cong-JDS alliance actually helped BJP establish itself in the Old Mysore area? Check the details on
https://t.co/JNH4eV3DHL

UB read this.

And this

https://twitter.com/GabbarSanghi/status ... 71712?s=19
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

UlanBatori wrote:Wow! Better than most news media polls.Election started b4 April 23 and will end be4 May 24 so I guess OK. Are they REALLY going to all keep quiet until May 23? No sneak peek?
Saar it has been this way for quite some time, including the 2014 elections. Media has by and large adhered to it. No need to risk ending up in court or worse for showing an exit poll that will probably be hilariously wrong anyway.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Some pro-BJP ground reports coming out of TG - BJP has now apparently polled more than INC in at least 6 seats.. not just 3 as thought earlier. Of which, my realistic expectation is that they win 2.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

deleted
Last edited by Rudradev on 18 Apr 2019 04:09, edited 1 time in total.