2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:Dr BB's constituency-wise tracker is back for KA (not in the other states so far). It looks like a NDA sweep in KA (including the independent in Mandya). Only a couple of seats in which UPA is leading. If this is the situation in south KA, one can imagine what north KA will be like. One also hopes the sentiment spills over into areas of north KL too.

"MGB" is being hammered in UP with united Hindu votes and low "green" turnout.

WB and OR continue to report amazing gains for NDA.

TN seems a bit of a toss-up right now. If NDA can pull off 10-15 seats it would be OK to "declare victory" for 2019 in TN.

No news on MH, BH, and the Northeast yet.

On a macro-level...NDA seems to be taking over the "undecided voter" space (more than 15% were undecided before the election) and its vote share is now over 40%. If this trend continues then 2019 will be probably even more of a mandate than 2014.
ghee shakkar, saar but be mindful of the burī nazar this will obviously cause among envious enemies.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UP, K'taka looking good but TN may be bad
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Lilo wrote:Whats with the Red uniforms of Kerala Police guarding Comrade Pinarayi?
Some sort of commie party affiliated Police dress symbolizing a Red Guard for the Comrade Pinaryi?
:lol:. This may be perhaps the only "uniformed" goonda gang in the world today. These are the "Red Volunteers" a pathetic attempt by CPI(M) to ape the RSS. The recruits mainly come from the jobless youth seen sitting in front of tea shops, and also many of the "head load workers union". Found more in abundance in North Kerala, where the current leadership of CPI(M) in Kerala comes from. Crass society, crass youth & crass leadership - that is the situation there. They kind of come up with these comic uniforms to give a show of strength. In party gatherings they try to act as the "police"; a thing which I felt was an insult to Kerala Police. But today I don't see any difference between these thugs and the K.P :evil:.

For a bit of enjoyment; I give you two links showing the "excellent leadership, discipline and drill" of this outfit.
Red Goonda gang - Comedy 1
Red Goonda gang - Comedy 2
Compare and Enjoy!!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

TN is 61% till 5 40 PM. In 2014, it was 73.67%. Not sure what to make of it. May be we need to account for Vellore.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

:rotfl: ^^^^ Garibaldi and his Red shirts, always the Italian connection too
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

chetak wrote: ghee shakkar, saar but be mindful of the burī nazar this will obviously cause among envious enemies.
Proxy for Dilbu saar.

Modi will lose only. :(( :(( :((
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

chetak wrote:
Singha wrote:in my area off ORR in east blr, the 7-9AM period was the busiest as anyone who could run walk or crawl came to cast vote.
Always go between 1400 to 1430 hours. Lunchtime for everyone and the booths are empty of voters but the booth staff is always present in full strength.
Does it help if Dharmic people vote during busy times? I see as potential last second opportunity to expose fence sitters to the truth.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sachin wrote:Whats with the Red uniforms of Kerala Police guarding Comrade Pinarayi?
Santa Claus in the plural. Bring goodies to the voters.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

More power to MiM and AAP. Jeetega Kejriwal!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Singha wrote: among the 100s of people I could spot one potential AAP/commie type.

How do you spot one
a unkempt beard, distracted look, and had a filthy bhutia kukur with him which looked like it had not been bathed in its whole life. :lol:
a very wierd buddhijeebi type vibe that i have seen on my travels only in WB and KL.

but I do admit these days none can go by looks...he could well be the chief data scientist of some cash rich gig in the vicinity - there are tons within a 10km stretch of orr. whatever cause he is into, good or bad, he is in *deep* , all the way ..... could feel the searing 'commitment' :mrgreen:
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Mukesh Ambani endorses Deora for Mumbai South seat - Intresting :-? :-? :-?
Industrialist Mukesh Ambani and billionaire banker Uday Kotak have endorsed the candidature of Congress leader Milind Deora from the Mumbai South Lok Sabha constituency, where polling is slated on April 29.

The backing of Ambani, Reliance Industries Limited chairman, to the Congress leader comes at a time when the party has been unrelenting in attack on his industrialist-brother Anil Ambani over the Rafale deal.

In a video shared by Deora, former Union minister, on his Twitter page, Ambani says "Milind is the man for South Mumbai", while Kotak eulogises the Mumbai Congress chief for "truly representing the Mumbai connection".

"Milind is the man for south Mumbai... Having represented South Bombay for 10 years, I believe Milind has in depth knowledge of social, economic and cultural eco-system of the south Bombay constituency," says Ambani in the video.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

I have been saying that mota Bhai wants a BJP Sarkar but does not want NaMo at helm. He wants a weak BJP led coalition govt that can dance to his tunes the way previous NDA govt does.

There is a CT that mota Bhai is funding the misinformation campaign on Rafale both in India and France to kill 2 stones...get at his wayward brother and put leash on a powerful govt that can cannot manipulate easily.

It's either him or a foreign govt. No easy job stealing docs from defence Dept, planting stories in media in France and India and making sure that all media talks about it and Congress sticks with it even if it doesn't get traction amongst people.
Agasthi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Agasthi »

Cast my vote along with rest of the family. It was peaceful in south chennai constituency. So far in my circle, it was ADMK or Kamalahassan. Mum is a traditional DMK supporter and very religious and despite the recent Veeramani drama on Hindu gods was not enough to sway her. Each party will retain its core voters. From what I have overheard in the buses, trains and in share autos, TN seems to be the only state where Modi seems to have a very negative image. The arguments are frivolous and definitely based on propaganda. But will they hold it against ADMK. This party is definitely seen as less corrupt than DMK. I think it maybe a close call and winning margin will be in few thousands for the victors.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

schinnas wrote:I have been saying that mota Bhai wants a BJP Sarkar but does not want NaMo at helm. He wants a weak BJP led coalition govt that can dance to his tunes the way previous NDA govt does.
Then it is also for the BJP to make sure that they have strings to pull down all these Mota & Pathla Bhais. The Ambani gang has been able to quite successfully run with hare and hunt with the hounds. A bit surprised that BJP once called the Baniya party do not seem to know how these big businessmen think.
vijayk wrote:UP, K'taka looking good but TN may be bad
Last time around how much of TN dependency did BJP have? Were they hoping TN to be a backup, if they don't get seats else where? And when we say TN may be bad is it bad for BJP, ADMK or both?
chetak wrote:ghee shakkar, saar but be mindful of the burī nazar this will obviously cause among envious enemies.
And let there be no complacence from the side of "communals". Giving a false sense of security, and then striking when the opponent is weak/disarmed has been a tactic which has been used well in the past.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Chintamani
‏@IamIconoclast
Apr 9
More
Here is the long awaited #Chintmani5DotsPoll - the definitive Opinion Poll on 2019 Lok Sabha Poll.
BJP/NDA 271/335
Congress/UPA 66/97
Others 111
#Elections2019
http://www.elections.in/exit-poll.html
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:Chintamani
‏@IamIconoclast
Apr 9
More
Here is the long awaited #Chintmani5DotsPoll - the definitive Opinion Poll on 2019 Lok Sabha Poll.
BJP/NDA 271/335
Congress/UPA 66/97
Others 111
#Elections2019
http://www.elections.in/exit-poll.html
It's 10 days old. Lot can/could have changed since then.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

KL Dubey wrote:Dr BB's constituency-wise tracker is back for KA (not in the other states so far). It looks like a NDA sweep in KA (including the independent in Mandya). Only a couple of seats in which UPA is leading. If this is the situation in south KA, one can imagine what north KA will be like. One also hopes the sentiment spills over into areas of north KL too.

"MGB" is being hammered in UP with united Hindu votes and low "green" turnout.

WB and OR continue to report amazing gains for NDA.

TN seems a bit of a toss-up right now. If NDA can pull off 10-15 seats it would be OK to "declare victory" for 2019 in TN.

No news on MH, BH, and the Northeast yet.

On a macro-level...NDA seems to be taking over the "undecided voter" space (more than 15% were undecided before the election) and its vote share is now over 40%. If this trend continues then 2019 will be probably even more of a mandate than 2014.
This needs to be HAMMERED out on social media - whatsapp or any other - the more seats BJP can get, the more Hindu causes can be considered in the 2nd term because of political ability. "Give Modi every seat you can, the others so far have done their part!" has to be pushed. This is the opposite of complacency - it's the recognition that there's an opening here to grab a mandate closer to 1984 than 2014.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Gents a quick question - in many posts I saw news about "low turn turn out in green areas". People seem to like it, but could there be any other reason for this as well? The minorities generally are like well herded sheep, and so if they all have to stay put at home, that also would come based on instructions from "high above". Considering the sad situation in West Bengal and the Election Commission's apathy towards the complaints from that state, I don't know if there any other sinister plans in the pipe line.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Sachin wrote:Gents a quick question - in many posts I saw news about "low turn turn out in green areas". People seem to like it, but could there be any other reason for this as well? The minorities generally are like well herded sheep, and so if they all have to stay put at home, that also would come based on instructions from "high above". Considering the sad situation in West Bengal and the Election Commission's apathy towards the complaints from that state, I don't know if there any other sinister plans in the pipe line.
no idea on the reason per se. saw the same happening in phase 1 UP as well as Secunderabad LS. Could be a trend this elex and two reasons that make kinda sense is that 1. TTT has made M men doubt their wimmen 2. They figured out NM gonna come back anyway. Those are my theories so take it with a tonne of salt.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Agasthi wrote:Cast my vote along with rest of the family. It was peaceful in south chennai constituency. So far in my circle, it was ADMK or Kamalahassan. Mum is a traditional DMK supporter and very religious and despite the recent Veeramani drama on Hindu gods was not enough to sway her. Each party will retain its core voters. From what I have overheard in the buses, trains and in share autos, TN seems to be the only state where Modi seems to have a very negative image. The arguments are frivolous and definitely based on propaganda. But will they hold it against ADMK. This party is definitely seen as less corrupt than DMK. I think it maybe a close call and winning margin will be in few thousands for the victors.
Can you please explain the thought process of your mum or other people like her.. how can you be religious as well as a DMK supporter?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:Gents a quick question - in many posts I saw news about "low turn turn out in green areas". People seem to like it, but could there be any other reason for this as well? The minorities generally are like well herded sheep, and so if they all have to stay put at home, that also would come based on instructions from "high above". Considering the sad situation in West Bengal and the Election Commission's apathy towards the complaints from that state, I don't know if there any other sinister plans in the pipe line.
Saw in twitter that someone in that 'high above' you mentioned asked for few seats in Bang but was denied, that anger could be correlated with lower turnout. But am unwilling to believe that same reason as yours.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It may be due to what they call in Hindi as mahol or atmosphere. That is if it is true. They don't see Modi being defeated this time. So why bother. The more hardliners ofcourse are still going to vote.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

kit wrote:
ramana wrote:Lost in all this din is Mukesh Ambani seeking KSA investment in his refinery business. $15B for 25% stake.
He wants $20B.
probably an insurance policy for his investments in gujarat.. in times of war they are at risk
kit combine this with direct endorsement of Milind Deora shows Mukesh Ambani is in financial trouble and is directly begging Congress to bail him out if they come to power.
By same token NaMo wont.

Mukesh has become chotu

MotaBhai--> Chotu Seth
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Actually I would like to know how this (relatively low peaceful turnout) is determined.

Is it exit polling? And after all can't people simply decline to give their religion to an exit pollster? In which case they would be counted as DK/CS even if they are peacefuls.

Or is it anecdotal evidence by stringers on the ground counting the numbers of skull-caps, beards, burqas etc. in the queues outside polling places? In which case, it could very well be inaccurate.
Last edited by Rudradev on 18 Apr 2019 21:21, edited 2 times in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Rudradev wrote:
Actually I would like to know how this (relatively low peaceful turnout) is determined.

Is it exit polling? And after all can't people simply decline to give their religion to an exit pollster? In which case they would be counted as DK/CS even if they are peacefuls.

Or is it anecdotal evidence by stringers on the ground counting the numbers of skull-caps, beards, burqas etc. in the queues outside polling places? In which case, it could very well be inaccurate.
Turnout percentage in that constituency saar.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dumal wrote:Or it could just be that Milind Deora is a stronger/preferred local candidate vs Arvind Sawant of Shiv Sena? I don’t know much about Milind or his late father Murli Deora but they seem to be less parasitic than is typical of the Con heritage. Open to be corrected!

original dukhandaars of Ambanis
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Karthik S wrote:
Rudradev wrote:

Turnout percentage in that constituency saar.
If it is about low turnout in green areas, i.e. LS constituencies with 30%+ green population, then it could actually be a bad thing. It could mean that non-greens are staying home instead of voting because they believe that the green vote will prevail anyway, and they are not enthused enough about Modi to make the effort. Many such seats actually went to NDA last time only because every last non-peaceful made it a point to go to the polls and outvote the greens.
Last edited by Rudradev on 18 Apr 2019 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

From a game theoretic perspective, herding a supposedly cohesive and always committed voting group to the booths makes sense when you're confident that everyone is reading off the same book. However, when there's no guarantee that a subgroup isn't pressing lotus buttons, then the smarter thing to do is force abstainment rather than put fuel on the fire.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

jamwal wrote:
Singha wrote: among the 100s of people I could spot one potential AAP/commie type.
How do you spot one
he was wearing a muffler in mid-april and had a jhadoo stuck up his behind.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Rudradev wrote:Is it exit polling? And after all can't people simply decline to give their religion to an exit pollster? In which case they would be counted as DK/CS even if they are peacefuls.
In a constituency, every politician would know the areas/wards which fall under it. And under these areas/wards, there are multiple voting centers. And people in the game would know the demographics of the people who would vote in each voting centre.So in the case of "greens", it would be quite easy to identify the polling booths in their strong holds and then check the polling %-age there. It may not give a very accurate figure, but can give some indications. Politicians generally also knows areas which are their strong holds areas which are not; and can even plan their "dole outs" accordingly.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

ramana wrote:Milind or his late father Murli Deora

original dukhandaars of Ambanis
Mhmm... that makes sense. The father was the Minister for petroleum and natural gas during much of the upa years! And why there are propping up the son.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Suraj wrote:
Sachin wrote:Gents a quick question - in many posts I saw news about "low turn turn out in green areas". .....
From a game theoretic perspective, herding a supposedly cohesive and always committed voting group to the booths makes sense when you're confident that everyone is reading off the same book. However, when there's no guarantee that a subgroup isn't pressing lotus buttons, then the smarter thing to do is force abstainment rather than put fuel on the fire.
This is what is happening in the minority community.
They know Modi is coming back and why incur wrath by voting against the winner.

Also deep understanding that MGB and Congress will use and throw them away one they get power.

Islam is a very political religion and is about power.

Look at Sidhu bolivating in Bihar where he has no salience!
Anyone think he will help deliver goods to the voters if elected?

At least by telling Modi they abstained, they can ensure continued benefits allowed under the law.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:The whole CON/CIA/ISI/NYT/WaPo and corrupt scum media has been bringing in venom on Sadhvi's nomination in Bhopal. Has she been acquitted? Is this necessary? Will the full hatred by MSM impact middle class voting?

How is it going to impact this in UP/MP/RJ?

The NIA has dropped the prosecution.
However judge has kept the case pending.
There is nothing to prosecute.

Judge is old timer Congress gang.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:UP, K'taka looking good but TN may be bad
TN did not figure in the big picture to get BJP majority.

They can line up with AP and TG and get nothing from Modi.
Second term the stick will come out.

People will suffer but hopefully its a cane and not a stick.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/hindus-no ... ant-report

Hindus Not Allowed To Vote In Muslim Dominated Area Of West Bengal’s Raiganj, Proxy Voting Rampant: Report
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Supratik wrote:It may be due to what they call in Hindi as mahol or atmosphere. That is if it is true. They don't see Modi being defeated this time. So why bother. The more hardliners ofcourse are still going to vote.
I think your logic holds for areas where the Muslims are in small numbers and administration is BJP. Like in UP.

In Muslim majority areas with non BJP govt, they would come out and vote and prevent others from voting as in Bengal.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Zynda wrote:<poof gone>

Zynda why did you have to edit unless its inflammatory.

I edited out Hanumadu's crass post.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Karthik S wrote:Good updates, hope they stand, can't take another anti climax like assembly elections. UP and KA are both very very important states for BJP to be back. WB looks like too much rigging with all the noise going around.
Lets see.
The voter turnout in Bengal is in 70s at the close of polling.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I hope the green % decline if any is evenly spread across gender and not women prevented from voting lotus while men voted
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The people bengal created the monster called cpim which transformed into tmc
Wb always has highest degree of voters being threatened and political violence all tighly controlled by state govt and not leaked to outside media