2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Lilo »

Manu wrote:Actually, Lilo, I was only building upon hnair's somewhat insightful comment, that in Modi we have a Hemu like situation (with which I agree)....
Hnair ji's post concerns something to address after the election - all that doesnt mean anything if Modi looses 2019 election & a weak BJP or a Congie coalition comes to power.
Last edited by Lilo on 10 May 2019 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:One of the Navy guys even says, for Navy guys marrying a foreigner means charges. But this guy married a foreigner and gave her and others the run of our ships, we were seething. :rotfl:

This is really an acid comment which will irritate the Congoons right where it matters. Its just typifies the difference in rules and regulations between the hoi polloi in Govt jobs, and the privilege enjoyed by the 1st family. A valid concern IMHO.
Navy guys marrying a foreigner means charges.

only if you marry without official permission and such permission is rarely ever granted.

The only option is for the guy to resign.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I am reminded of this entire scene when pappu keeps talking of his "successes" and what his "father did".
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Manu wrote:It is also a learning for me (from Suraj's post) that Modi became prominent in S India only in 2012-13. He was much bigger than that in N & W India much before that.

For example, his visa was denied in 2005: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 055543.cms. He was the only person to suffer this indignity on the recommendations of the Commission on International Religious Freedom formed under the aegis of the International Religious Freedom Act,the only person denied a US visa under this law.
As nachiket said, there was nothing visible from other parts of the country marking him out as different or exceptional. Most actions against Modi were seen in the context of the general effort to beat down the BJP national leadership (of which Modi clearly wasn't a part). It wasn't until the early part of this decade that his potential as even a PM candidate from BJP, much less going on to win by the strongest mandate in 3 decades, was apparent.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:One of the Navy guys even says, for Navy guys marrying a foreigner means charges. But this guy married a foreigner and gave her and others the run of our ships, we were seething. :rotfl:

This is really an acid comment which will irritate the Congoons right where it matters. Its just typifies the difference in rules and regulations between the hoi polloi in Govt jobs, and the privilege enjoyed by the 1st family. A valid concern IMHO.
Navy guys marrying a foreigner means charges.

only if you marry without official permission and such permission is rarely ever granted.

Yes lot of service folks or other senior folks had foreign spouses. I think Raj Mahindra, Group Captain Suranjan Das - but got the requisite permissions to keep their clearance. Must have been tough for them, I bet.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

^

I watched Modi's early speeches on YT and elsewhere many years before he became the PM candidate. Even then he had the charisma and the connect with the people. I was amazed at how sincere he came across. We are all cynical and often to an extreme, having 'heard it all before', but here was a man who truly seemed to feel the pain of the poor people he was addressing. That level of empathy is extremely rare especially in a politician. We are truly blessed to have him as the PM. May the Gods protect him.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

NM was known to those who were aware of Gujarat politics. I heard him speak few times. I still remember the first time I heard him speak

This must have been 84-85. My grandfather, and father were invited for small get together. I tagged along with them since I had huge crush on a girl whose parents were hosting the dinner. There were may be 20-25 people invited, and two other bjp guys along with NM. One passed away few years ago, and other one is still active in politics. After dinner they were chit chatting about politics, philosophy, religion. I was playing with other kids as we were too young to be part of deep discussion. When NM spoke all the kids were invited in the room. First thing he asked all the kids if we would like to attend shakha. How many of us can recite Gayatri mantra.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Thumbs up. NaMo capability was visible to any who recognized him. I noted in early 90s.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Ramana sirji,

More after 23 when you invite us for brf jirga.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

It shouldn't be too far fetched to assume that NM was known to EJ networks and INC from groundreports and popularity at ground level. His work in 80s, 90s during various big events would have easily put him on watch and monitor this guy. First I ran into him during panchayat level work and one can clearly tell that he was more interested in solving problems for people. He just kept looking at water issues and how to fix them. There was hardly much he could do in those days when everything was controlled by INC other than remember the problems and solutions. EJ networks are constantly on look out for big disaster events and anyone trying to fix problems. So he would have definitely made the list post Bhuj event. British officials and missionaries were keeping track of such people too. One just has to wonder how many NM made this lists, subdued, and never broke through the net.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Interesting summary from an ex Kangressi

https://tinyurl.com/y2jsbp7l
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

NaMo's visit to Gujarat were always low key in 90's. There were issues within Gujarat bjp that kept NM out. They couldn't keep him out for ever as local karyakartas knew NM and wanted him to come back to Gujarat to take on CP,AP, INC
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

Karan M wrote:
chetak wrote:

Yes lot of service folks or other senior folks had foreign spouses. I think Raj Mahindra, Group Captain Suranjan Das - but got the requisite permissions to keep their clearance. Must have been tough for them, I bet.
Raj Mahindra had a hand in the early design of the Saras, in fact he was chief designer. He faced many problems because of his wife and a whisper campaign, spying etc etc. But he stuck it out. This might have been pure jealousy.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

vinod wrote:Congress has now started the fight back on Virat

Senior Navy officer rejects PM Modi's claim, says 'Gandhi family on-board INS Viraat for official visit'
https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... sit/415657

Retired Vice Admiral Vinod Pasricha claimed that Rajiv Gandhi and his family were present on-board INS Viraat as they were on an official visit. He also claimed that no other visitors accompanied them.
Lo ye rahaa sach:

https://twitter.com/vkjaitly/status/112 ... 06209?s=19
Rajiv and Sonia Gandhi used INS Viraat for travel to celebrate their holidays at Bangaram island. Indian Navy resources were used extensively. I am a witness. I was posted on INS Viraat that time. Commander VK Jaitly
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

vsunder wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Raj Mahindra had a hand in the early design of the Saras, in fact he was chief designer. He faced many problems because of his wife and a whisper campaign, spying etc etc. But he stuck it out. This might have been pure jealousy.
Definitely sabotage. I wonder how much faster the Tejas might have been developed if an experienced hand had been at the helm early on itself.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:Thumbs up. NaMo capability was visible to any who recognized him. I noted in early 90s.
'

Here is an old video (watch from 1:50 onwards)

And another in 1999, given in US of A

And here is what lot of #mediapimps miss. See how NaMo connects with his disinterested "listeners". First they ignore him and then they start listening to him in next 2 mins and into 5 mins. total

And watch this comparison between 1992 to 2019. That is 27 years.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Manu wrote:
Suraj wrote: we're looking at this at the wrong inflection point. To explain, first I'll characterize the leadership into generations:
First Gen: ABV, LKA, MMJ, Kalyan Singh...
Second Gen: Modi
Third Gen: Gadkari, Yogi, HBS, SSC, DF...

BJP's problem IMHO is not that there aren't enough 3rd gen candidates. There are.
Respectfully disagree. Modi's potential was known well before 2002 (before he shot into national prominence) which is why the *very* elaborate plan to sabotage him for more than a decade. I cant imagine there is any other sitting Chief Minister where the Party in Power has actively worked *with* a foreign power (or lobbied them) to deny him a visa. That was almost a low point in our politics but also justifiably (in hindsight) explained the real threat they saw in him.

There is currently, no credible 3rd generation leader in BJP even close to Modi's stature (or potential), IMO. I would even say BJP current MP bench strength is weak.

Yogi will not work below MP. Gadkari has no mass appeal or personality. HBS, SSC, DF are not really in contention...all good administrators, not Pan India personalities.

We basically rely on Vishnu Avtaars to come in from time to time to rescue us.
The more I watch Modi speaking, the more I am convinced that he is a once-in-a-lifetime talent of politics, a Tendulkar of the game. I would be astonished if any politician--anywhere--comes close to him in the next 50 years or so.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

BJP rise in Gujarat and in India can be NAMO story. The first rath yatra (before Advani ji) in Guj was his brainchild (so was Advani ji's Rath yatra). After that as they say is history.
Another point, what if NAMO had visited BRF before he became CM (and maybe after that who knows?)
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Nikhil T wrote: No Rajiv Gandhi 'party' on INS Viraat says ex-commander

If this is true, then even as a bhakt, I'm terribly disappointed in Modi.
Nice try, slide in "bhakt", express disappointment and then link to rNDTV.

rNDTV is US SD shill. #Kissassingers is just one of their trait.

Second, using the word "bhakt" is derogatory. As much as me calling you say the 'N' word. Remember, Pulwama attacker killed GauMutra (Cow Urine) drinkers, and that is what the #mediapimps routinely call the 'Bhakts'.

Having said that, Sonia was not a vetted citizen of India., On a joy ride with her husband and her son used INS Viraat (aircraft carrier) and the entire carrier battle group as a personal joy ride enroute to his vacation.

And what was his official function on INS Viraat? And what was his kid and wife doing there?
Last edited by disha on 10 May 2019 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://youtu.be/A929hggHbrA
‘84 happened, so what? talk about Jobs’, Congress leader Sam Pitroda casually shrugs off 1984 anti-Sikh Pogrom.

Pitroda, a close confidant and political mentor of Congress President Rahul Gandhi exposed his arrogant mindset by treating the victims of the riot with zero empathy.

“Ab kya hai ’84 ka? Aapne kya kiya 5 saal mein, uski baat kariye. ’84 mein hua to hua. Aapne kya kiya? (now what about ’84? What did you do in 5 years, talk about that. What happened in ’84 had happened. What did you do?) You were voted to create jobs.
Last edited by Lilo on 10 May 2019 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Suraj wrote: Primus and others, would you have access to the 1990 kar sevak video ? It needs to be on SM soon. Not only does it get practically no visibility, but (speaking gratuitously) very few people even know it happened . A Tiananmen Square moment like that , that happened in India, needs widespread knowledge and visibility.
It was a Tiananmen Square moment, and videos were circulated. Mere possessing the video was considered crime.

Here is a you-tube link. Watch from 30 mins. onwards

https://youtu.be/xD60F8DsaC4?t=1845

and another here (some parts spliced into above)

Last edited by disha on 10 May 2019 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

KLNMurthy wrote:
The more I watch Modi speaking, the more I am convinced that he is a once-in-a-lifetime talent of politics, a Tendulkar of the game. I would be astonished if any politician--anywhere--comes close to him in the next 50 years or so.
This is what I've been saying for sometime now. Namo is a statesman not only in India, but stands head-and-shoulders above all other world leaders today. We only see this once in a lifetime.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Another point, what if NAMO had visited BRF before he became CM (and maybe after that who knows?)
Not NM.

:twisted: :twisted: 8).
Last edited by amdavadi on 10 May 2019 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Manu wrote:
Respectfully disagree. Modi's potential was known well before 2002 (before he shot into national prominence) which is why the *very* elaborate plan to sabotage him for more than a decade. I cant imagine there is any other sitting Chief Minister where the Party in Power has actively worked *with* a foreign power (or lobbied them) to deny him a visa. That was almost a low point in our politics but also justifiably (in hindsight) explained the real threat they saw in him.

There is currently, no credible 3rd generation leader in BJP even close to Modi's stature (or potential), IMO. I would even say BJP current MP bench strength is weak.

Yogi will not work below MP. Gadkari has no mass appeal or personality. HBS, SSC, DF are not really in contention...all good administrators, not Pan India personalities.

We basically rely on Vishnu Avtaars to come in from time to time to rescue us.
That is why he should live long and guide India for as long as he could. It's very unlikely we will have another leader of his stature for some time to come.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Amdavaadi,

Only the Shadow knows!
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Jako Rakhe Saiyan, Maar Sake Na Koi, baal na baka kar sake jo jag bairi hove

Jai Siya Ram
Last edited by amdavadi on 10 May 2019 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Jai Shree Ram!

Ducks before #Jihadidi ulta latkaos!
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Some morning news:

1. Hardik Patel calls PM Modi as "Yamraj" at a rally in MP.
2. CM of Pubjab Aamarinder Singh implicates 5 politicians of 1984 involved in killings.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

disha wrote:
Nikhil T wrote: No Rajiv Gandhi 'party' on INS Viraat says ex-commander

If this is true, then even as a bhakt, I'm terribly disappointed in Modi.
Nice try, slide in "bhakt", express disappointment and then link to rNDTV.

rNDTV is US SD shill. #Kissassingers is just one of their trait.

Second, using the word "bhakt" is derogatory. As much as me calling you say the 'N' word. Remember, Pulwama attacker killed GauMutra (Cow Urine) drinkers, and that is what the #mediapimps routinely call the 'Bhakts'.

Having said that, Sonia was not a vetted citizen of India., On a joy ride with her husband and her son used INS Viraat (aircraft carrier) and the entire carrier battle group as a personal joy ride enroute to his vacation.

And what was his official function on INS Viraat? And what was his kid and wife doing there?
Chowkidaar Pulak Kanti:
She is right I was a crew member of INS Virat and have seen it personally. It's unfortunate that two failed politicians admirals are twosting the https://t.co/wz2075Z0CI Ramdas and another is prakash but the other 1200 crew and crew from other 5 ships were witnesses to it https://t.co/h2IdOLzMph
https://twitter.com/pulakkk/status/1126 ... 62817?s=19
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

One of the admirals is quoted as saying that Rajiv Gandhi went to chair a meeting of the "Island Development Authority"

He was going to Lakshadweep on official duty, to chair a meeting of IDA (Islands Development Authority). This meeting is held alternately in Lakshadweep and in Andamans," former Navy Chief Ramdas said.

Closest entity that I can find was, however, established in 2017

In 2017, the Island Development Agency (IDA) was established

https://niti.gov.in/content/island-deve ... an-economy
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

IIRC, IN's CVs were first used by Mrs Gandhi, when she goes to visit Lakshadweep. The Vikrant used to be positioned at a mid point (some 200 kms out to sea from Kochi) for refueling and a break. Sea King helicopters with long range tanks used to be used for the island hops. Sea-states between islands used to be rough and docking and transferring beyond the barrier reefs were considered too dangerous for a PM. My old man used to travel by launch and he says colleagues needed buckets between knees and IV drips at the end of some of the gnarly trips. The airstrip at Agatti was not there, which when it came online, stopped the practice of CV hopping

All of Mrs G's trips were official and she got a lot of work done for the islanders. But RG's trip on the other hand was labeled truthfully as "vacation". Hence there were a lot of grumbling about it even at that time and like I pointed out earlier, RK Laxman had a hilarious cartoon about that whale rescue, using the backdrop of Bofors/Quattrochi. It did not go well with rank-file type of officers too. All that is par for course, where politics is concerned.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

day the mosque went down, TV news broadcast a few seconds of a couple police on a elevated position roof or bridge firing at kar sevaks running away in a narrow lane. nothing like the above , no bodies , no blood, no funerals.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Rahul Kanwal

Verified account

@rahulkanwal
21h21 hours ago
More
Naval officers who were on board INS Viraat in 1987 confirm that aircraft carrier was ordered to move from Mumbai to Lakshwadeep and was deployed offshore while Rajeev Gandhi was holidaying with his family. Officers remember frequent chopper sorties which would carry refreshments
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

FYI, latest analysis from Dr BB after Phase 5 has been released.

Lots of interesting info in the article, but the summary: BJP and NDA is sweeping RJ, UP, BH, and JH. There will be likely some losses in eastern MP (bugger Kamalanathan is giving a fight). BB's national tracker is showing a net seat gain over his projection after Phase 4. Overall, he is projecting numbers that are the same (or slightly higher) than LS 2014 for both BJP and NDA.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

disha wrote:
Suraj wrote: Primus and others, would you have access to the 1990 kar sevak video ? It needs to be on SM soon. Not only does it get practically no visibility, but (speaking gratuitously) very few people even know it happened . A Tiananmen Square moment like that , that happened in India, needs widespread knowledge and visibility.
It was a Tiananmen Square moment, and videos were circulated. Mere possessing the video was considered crime.

Here is a you-tube link. Watch from 30 mins. onwards

https://youtu.be/xD60F8DsaC4?t=1845

and another here (some parts spliced into above)

We saw this (shorted version, though) by renting Video Cassette from local 'video library' (lot of Millennials wont know what that means :D )....that's how they were circulated...that's how a lot of people in the North and West started turning against Congress...Man, what a flashback...
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Atish Taseer the unholy spawn of Jihad-e-cutleted Salman Taseer & Tavleen "Singh" writing in the alCIAda front TIME magazine headlines his farticle "India's Divider in Chief" with a portrait of Modi done in Nazi/Soviet realism kind of style in the background.

Some may remember Netflix just before the Indian election commenced, commissioned one pakiesque turd circulating himself as a desi comedian called Hassan Minhaj to do a video with the exact same messaging that "Modi is dividing the nation".
>> https://youtu.be/qqZ_SH9N3Xo?t=1546
Everyone make sure to downvote the video & put a comment that Hassan Minhaj & Netflix are pushing vile Hinduphobic propaganda trying to influence the Indian election with foreign money.
Also downvote Netflix in playstore & write an scathing review that Netflix is Hinduphobic while doing it.
Last edited by Lilo on 10 May 2019 11:01, edited 7 times in total.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Rajiv visited Andaman in 1985 with 4 ships escort and traveled in Andaman in INS Ganga in 1986.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

ramana wrote:Jai Shree Ram!

:eek: Is #Jihadidi lurking on this forum as well!
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

disha wrote:
ramana wrote:Jai Shree Ram!

:eek: Is #Jihadidi lurking on this forum as well!
Disha ji,

Brf is pretty famous and GD dhaga was pretty well known
:twisted: :twisted: :rotfl: ..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

banditji sailed the old INS delhi to indonesia with both the cubs and Indira also.

must have embared from chennai or vizag. quite a long sail imo.

photo are on twitter