2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11287
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby UlanBatori » 14 May 2019 23:33

Pooch: from interview with Director SDRE etc

He would only say the leader of the party which is contesting 30-40 seats are dreaming to be the Prime Minister.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/lok-sabha- ... 33719.html

How many seats IS RaGa Inc contesting? How can they get 75-80 seats if they only contest 30-40?

According to this BJP is contesting 437 seats and Inc 424. Which is also dubious because the entire rest of the Maha Gaddha Bandhan is only contesting 120 seats?

This one from UndieTVis also strange It says

BJP - 437 (2019), 428 (2014), 433 (2009)
Congress - 423 (2019), 464 (2014), 440 (2009)
BSP - 139 (2019) partial list, 503 (2014), 500 (2009)

So is BSP head-on against Inc in some / several seats? How does that jive with the Gaddha Bandhan?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 14 May 2019 23:45, edited 1 time in total.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 14 May 2019 23:42

Shaktimaan wrote:
Singha wrote:Supreme Court orders release of BJP activist Priyanka Sharma who shared Mamata Banerjee's morphed photo, says she must apologise immediately after


Supreme Court called the lawyer of Priyanka Sharma again and dropped the apology requirement.


The precondition of bail has been dropped, not the requirement. She has been granted bail and asked to apologize unconditionally. Her bail can be cancelled if she doesn't apologize.

Only the precondition has been removed so that the WB state police can not delay the release with some trumped up pretext.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3471
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby abhijitm » 14 May 2019 23:43

UlanBatori wrote:Pooch: from interview with Director SDRE etc

He would only say the leader of the party which is contesting 30-40 seats are dreaming to be the Prime Minister.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/lok-sabha- ... 33719.html

How many seats IS RaGa Inc contesting? How can they get 75-80 seats if they only contest 30-40?

According to this BJP is contesting 437 seats and Inc 424. Which is also dubious because the entire rest of the Maha Gaddha Bandhan is only contesting 120 seats?


probably reference to Mayawati

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 14 May 2019 23:46

Picklu: you mentioned earlier about how Didi isn't targeting the Left in WB and how that's a calculated effort to break the left vote moving to BJP. Here's what Rishi Bagree says:

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 3095979008

Rishi Bagree
@rishibagree
Follow Follow @rishibagree
More
A strange phenomena is been witnessed in Bengal elections.
Left leaders wants Mamata to win whereas left grassroot cadres helping BJP on ground since they had suffered innumerous brutalities from the TMC goons in last 8 years

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 14 May 2019 23:54

Pratyush wrote:Some people are so stupid that it is difficult to believe that they are humans.

MSA and khujli come to mind.

It's almost as if evolution has gone wrong.


Nothing of that sort.

That guy had kept quiet assiduously all throughout the election and suddenly found a place to give interview without anyone's approval?

Either BJP will do extremely bad and won't be able to form the govt ; in which case this is the first salvo of taking down NaMo legacy

OR More probably,

MSA has been specifically activated to remind that comment again and create a controversy so that the blame of the defeat can be deflected to him and Pitgaya from RaGa and The Nose.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3471
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby abhijitm » 14 May 2019 23:54

Ardeshir wrote:Gurus, a noob pooch, but why is the judiciary so difficult for BJP to manage? I can understand a scenario like in the US, where once you have a judge like Scalia or RBG that either side detests, you have no recourse but to wait for the incumbent's death. Don't our judges retire at 65? What gives?

Forget BJP, I hardly have any doubt that even congress has influence over judiciary beyond a certain point. You see congress or left and they are really not that bright lot. They can't even control election narrative against just one man. How on earth they can control judiciary? Remember, this institution is the most powerful, yet non-elected, unaccountable, run by very handful of people in the country. You control it (meaning just a few people) and you control the policieis, governance, policing of entire 1.3 billion people of $2 trillion economy on this planet. This power is untouchable or rather inaccessible to any party in India beyond certain limit. Then who has finger on the button?
Last edited by abhijitm on 14 May 2019 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 14 May 2019 23:56

All non-TMC are moving to get rid of Jihadidi.
Its quite possible that she will get lower number of MPs than BJP.
Today Kolkata rally in open jeep is a capstone rally in US terms to
show BJP is unafraid to travel in open jeep in her den.

Sunday will mark the beginning of the end of TMC misrule.
Chetak you are a Navy person. Paraphrasing Drake's raid on Cadiz!!!

This is Motabhai singeing Jihadidi in Kolkata.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 14 May 2019 23:59

Picklu MSA and Pitroda are being set up to take the fall for the Congress defeat and ring fence the Gandhi duo.

MSA is specially a convalescent brought out to take the blame which he gladly will to prove his #Pidi #1!

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 15 May 2019 00:00

Picklu wrote:Either BJP will do extremely bad and won't be able to form the govt ; in which case this is the first salvo of taking down NaMo legacy

OR More probably,

MSA has been specifically activated to remind that comment again and create a controversy so that the blame of the defeat can be deflected to him and Pitgaya from RaGa and The Nose.

If the calculus was that BJP is going down, why would they use someone like MSA to claim that, as opposed to RaGa or PriGa ? If you know you're in fact winning, would you use your leader or court jester to make the claim ?

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 00:06

aylamrin wrote:
ramana wrote:Folks don't walk into HS Panag's land mine.
He wants to bring a divide between NaMo supporters and the military.
Coupta gang is using him to lay this land mine.

Being ex-military is not relevant to this issue.
Same with L. Ramdas.
Their views are regardless of their military service.


Saar, how many "reports" does it take for Twitter to suspend an account? Can this be achieved?


Talk to Jai Menon.

You need to report the offensive post with a description of the offensive content.
And Twitter replies to you if they launched an inquiry.

Shankas
BRFite
Posts: 220
Joined: 13 Dec 2009 19:41
Location: Toronto & Mumbai

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Shankas » 15 May 2019 00:07

shravanp wrote:MSA at it again. This time he drops an F-bomb

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1128317767663308800


Sam Pitroda: "Hua to Hua", blah, blah, blah
MSA: Ameture. Hold my beer...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 00:13

sudeepj wrote:
Kati wrote:
Yes, Yes, and Yes.
S S Ray was given a free hand to exterminate urban naxals. Thousands of Cal Univ, Jadavpur U, and Presidency College (now Univ) were rounded up, taken to Kolkata Maidan (the sprawling open green space next to the race course and Fort William) in early morning,
told to run,... and they ran, and police fired from the back...... then molten asphalt was poured on their face to disfigure so that even their own mothers couldn't recognize them.... and then the bodies were dumped in Ganga at various places..... In pretty much two years things calmed down....

Those with connections ran in two directions - out of the state, and the US consulate. It was said that the US consulate was too busy to issue them visa / travel documents. Uncle was too happy to co-opt many of these naxals, and help them settle in the mid-Atlantic big cities. They provided valuable info about the not so violent intelligentia who were sympathetic to Viet-Congs and were writing fire hot poems and articles against the US bombing of Vietnam. ..... Prominent bong literary figures were then induced with money & honey to change their mood overnight .... That's another story for another day.


Kati ji, is there a book that describes these incidents?


Siddharth Shankar Ray was a scum bag in bhadralok guise.
He perpetrated undue violence in Bengal to overthrow the first CPM govt.
He had two henchmen of whom Illustrated Weekly used to write glowing reports.
One was Priyaranjan Das Munshi and Dikgaj could remember the other rascal.
One of the dirtiest incidents was these guys collected a bunch of goons and shut the gates of Rabindra Stadium and did mass gang rapes.
I hold this fellow in utmost contempt.
He was Indian Ambassador to US in the 80s!

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 00:17

ramana wrote:Picklu MSA and Pitroda are being set up to take the fall for the Congress defeat and ring fence the Gandhi duo.

MSA is specially a convalescent brought out to take the blame which he gladly will to prove his #Pidi #1!


Hence the "more probably" in my post

Ardeshir
BRFite
Posts: 1072
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 03:10
Location: Londonistan/Nukkad

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Ardeshir » 15 May 2019 00:21

abhijitm wrote:
Ardeshir wrote:Gurus, a noob pooch, but why is the judiciary so difficult for BJP to manage? I can understand a scenario like in the US, where once you have a judge like Scalia or RBG that either side detests, you have no recourse but to wait for the incumbent's death. Don't our judges retire at 65? What gives?

Forget BJP, I hardly have any doubt that even congress has influence over judiciary beyond a certain point. You see congress or left and they are really not that bright lot. They can't even control election narrative against just one man. How on earth they can control judiciary? Remember, this institution is the most powerful, yet non-elected, unaccountable, run by very handful of people in the country. You control it (meaning just a few people) and you control the policieis, governance, policing of entire 1.3 billion people of $2 trillion economy on this planet. This power is untouchable or rather inaccessible to any party in India beyond certain limit. Then who has finger on the button?

Not sure if it is my confirmation bias or if it really is true, but I find the judiciary to be in the INC's pocket. For reference, just how many bails on the trot has Chidambaram got from His Lordships? :shock: :shock:
Surely there has to be a way to ensure their independence while still making them accountable to the people they claim to serve (atleast on paper).

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19124
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby chetak » 15 May 2019 00:21

Picklu wrote:
Pratyush wrote:Some people are so stupid that it is difficult to believe that they are humans.

MSA and khujli come to mind.

It's almost as if evolution has gone wrong.


Nothing of that sort.

That guy had kept quiet assiduously all throughout the election and suddenly found a place to give interview without anyone's approval?

Either BJP will do extremely bad and won't be able to form the govt ; in which case this is the first salvo of taking down NaMo legacy

OR More probably,

MSA has been specifically activated to remind that comment again and create a controversy so that the blame of the defeat can be deflected to him and Pitgaya from RaGa and The Nose.


msa has had bypass surgery in february and was taking it easy till now. it also seems that the mafia family has requested him to keep quiet till 23 may.

but he has directly jumped in with both feet, and as usual, right into the schitt in true porcine fashion and is now quixotically out defending his beloved rajiv who has just become both radioactive and undefendable.
Last edited by chetak on 15 May 2019 00:23, edited 1 time in total.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 00:22

Suraj wrote:
Picklu wrote:Either BJP will do extremely bad and won't be able to form the govt ; in which case this is the first salvo of taking down NaMo legacy

OR More probably,

MSA has been specifically activated to remind that comment again and create a controversy so that the blame of the defeat can be deflected to him and Pitgaya from RaGa and The Nose.

If the calculus was that BJP is going down, why would they use someone like MSA to claim that, as opposed to RaGa or PriGa ? If you know you're in fact winning, would you use your leader or court jester to make the claim ?


RaGa has already said "chor"
Nose paraphrased "Bhadwa"

What can be more insulting than to bring in the court jester to insult a seating PM? Remember the "pan chewing pot bellied clerk to close the gate in Wagha border" meme?

However, what I think "more probably" true is that he has been activated to be the fall guy along with Pitgaya.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 00:27

Singha thanks for asking as I was looking for SS Ray I found this titbit:


Basu government had kept Ray and Mamata Banerjee waiting for hours during a visit to their village in Howrah.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst



So SS Ray was #Jihadidi mentor and learnt the storm-trooper tactics from him up close.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 15 May 2019 00:29

RaGa saying 'chor' is just crass election campaigning by someone who doesn't realize it's a rather bad idea to abuse someone close to his father's age, who's very well regarded by a significant part of the population - as even the not particularly BJP-friendly CSDS states.

It's really disappointing that MSA didn't open his mouth sooner; Pitgaya currently is well in the lead but I have full faith in MSA's ability to stick his entire leg in his mouth by end of week.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19124
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby chetak » 15 May 2019 00:33

not that twitter lacks for election humor


Image


Image
Last edited by chetak on 15 May 2019 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 00:34

Ardheshir , Please read the SC judgment releasing Priyanka Sharma from jail. The SC specifically added that their orders to release the accused is not to be used as a precedent.
Which SC in the world will rule like that is it shows the capricious nature of the judgment!
And do you know the Bengal police had arrested Priyanka Sharma under p*rn charges to make it non bailable warrant.
That's blatant misuse of police powers by a State Government.
And Sc doesn't want their judgment to be used as precedent in future?

vimal
BRFite
Posts: 180
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby vimal » 15 May 2019 00:36

Well here you go!
Mere karan arjun aayenge! - "My Karan Arjun will come to save me!"
Image

Ardeshir
BRFite
Posts: 1072
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 03:10
Location: Londonistan/Nukkad

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Ardeshir » 15 May 2019 00:39

ramana wrote:Ardheshir , Please read the SC judgment releasing Priyanka Sharma from jail. The SC specifically added that their orders to release the accused is not to be used as a precedent.
Which SC in the world will rule like that is it shows the capricious nature of the judgment!
And do you know the Bengal police had arrested Priyanka Sharma under p*rn charges to make it non bailable warrant.
That's blatant misuse of police powers by a State Government.
And Sc doesn't want their judgment to be used as precedent in future?

Preaching to the choir saar! What I am trying to understand is whether this is a result of an oversight during the founding of our republic, or if this monster has been created during subsequent tinkering around.
The judiciary definitely needs to be independent, but not to the extent that they are a law unto themselves. Then we descend into Pakistaniyat.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 15 May 2019 00:45

Since we won't hear of these street battles during Amit Shah's rally in Kolkata in the MSM:

Joyeeta Basu

@eeta
5h5 hours ago
More
If Bengali channel visuals are to be trusted, it's looking like TMC is in a state of shock that BJP too can beat them up. Fracas happened in front of Calcutta University on College Street, once known for raging and bloody street battles.

Atanu Das

@AD1India
4h4 hours ago
More
Replying to @India_Policy @Abhina_Prakash
TMC students have attacked the BJP rally in Kolkata from 2 locations, Calcutta University college street campus and Vidyasgar college campus and then they started vandalising their own campus property to shift the blame on BJP.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 00:48

Subsequent tinkering during the 90s when weak govts where there during the UF era.
Follow-up from the Emergency period transfer of judges by Indira Gandhi under advice of SS Ray and Mohan Kumaramangalam.
Those two jokers wanted committed judiciary and imposed their will on non pliant judges.
So the judges bided their time and when they saw weak govts under DevaGowda and Gujral they came up with independence of judiciary and came up with a opinion that Executive has no powers to appoint judges.
I think Justice Anand came up with that language of the opinion and their was no turning back.
There was a justice who was taking bribes and was fit case for impeaching but the UF govt could not muster the numbers to impeach and that ended any Parliamentary oversight!!!

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 00:53

Suraj wrote:Picklu: you mentioned earlier about how Didi isn't targeting the Left in WB and how that's a calculated effort to break the left vote moving to BJP. Here's what Rishi Bagree says:

https://twitter.com/rishibagree/status/ ... 3095979008

Rishi Bagree
@rishibagree
Follow Follow @rishibagree
More
A strange phenomena is been witnessed in Bengal elections.
Left leaders wants Mamata to win whereas left grassroot cadres helping BJP on ground since they had suffered innumerous brutalities from the TMC goons in last 8 years


I mentioned that the targeting is not happening for last 3 to 6 months; not before.

in 2011 & 2014, for Jihadidi to come to power, the CPM vote machinery switched but not all the left voters. There were 3 categories who didn't:
a. A large number were ideological Left supporters
b. another lot were the internal rival faction of the left front gang that switched to TMC; they literally could not go to TMC as the other gang blocked their entry.
c. Mango non political bong who were not ideologically left but preferred Left candidates more in general than TMC lot.

The first 2, particularly group B, faced the brunt of TMC violence on the initial years. Obviously they were looking for a savior and the savior came in the form of BJP.

That is why, in the 2011 West Bengal Assembly elections, BJP got only 4% votes but this jumped to 17% in the 2014 general elections. All that increase came from CPM grass root support only, particularly from group B.

However as of 2016, CPM still retains about 20% vote share in WB and it is a zero sum game. BJP can go above 30% of vote share only if they can grab more vote share from Left and that is what TMC is trying to prevent.

What Rishi mentions, A section of lower level CPM cadres are supporting BJP is not a new phenomenon; in fact most of the lower level BJP cadres from 2014 onward are nothing but erstwhile CPM cadres. BJP didn't have any cadre in WB till about 2011 as the vote share suggests. And it is also true that a part of group C of LF voters are also moving to BJP as alternative.

However, there are still lot of folks in group A and by not targeting them, in fact patronizing them with money etc before election, TMC is trying to use them as "vote katua". Hence the comment that CPM leaders want Mamata to win. Left has done a spirited campaign in most of the areas where BJP chance is more. The expectation is they will retain a large number of group A of their voters and try to retain/win back a part of group C.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 15 May 2019 00:59

Well, here's something for you to chew on:

https://twitter.com/IamIconoclast/statu ... 3132998656

Jivatma
@realkrishnan
2h2 hours ago
More
#BengalWithBJP #Loksabhaelections2019

BJP likely 35-40%

At least 18 Alipurduar, Cooch, Darjeeling, Malda N, Balurghat, Raiganj,Krishna n, Asansol, Ranaghat, Barrackpur, Bongaon, Srirampur, Jhargram, Purulia, Bankura, Mednipur, Kolkata N, Dum Dum
@abhic_1983 @savvyasaachi

---

Jivatma
@realkrishnan
2h2 hours ago
More
Decent chance in Ghatal, Bishnupur, Hooghly, Barasat, Basirhat, Kol S

If a wave and > 40%, can win even a few out of Birbhum, Bolpur, Howrah, Durgapur, Jalpaiguri, Murshida, Mathura

25-30 not outrageous

@savvyasaachi @abhic_1983 @IamIconoclast @swapan55
#BengalWithBJP

---

Chintamani
‏@IamIconoclast
Follow Follow @IamIconoclast
More
Replying to @realkrishnan @savvyasaachi and 2 others
Looks a fair call. I have to find a discounting factor for rigging.

---

Might sound outrageous, but there are people actually talking of 35-40% voteshare rather than just 30%, and struggling to apply a rigging deflator to what they're seeing in terms of sentiment on ground when converting to seatshare.

Let's assume reality is somewhere in between. What number of LS seats out of 42 is somewhat destabilizing to to Didi ? What amounts to significant risk to her ? What count implies near certain meltdown in the rank and file leading to WB state elections in 2021 ?

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 01:06

Suraj wrote:RaGa saying 'chor' is just crass election campaigning by someone who doesn't realize it's a rather bad idea to abuse someone close to his father's age, who's very well regarded by a significant part of the population - as even the not particularly BJP-friendly CSDS states.

It's really disappointing that MSA didn't open his mouth sooner; Pitgaya currently is well in the lead but I have full faith in MSA's ability to stick his entire leg in his mouth by end of week.


The crass boorishness comes from entitlement of the Prince-ling. I still remember the crass comments made by Nose couple of years ago when NaMo made some good-natured comment terming her "Beti - saman"

The chamchas/BIF cultivate that as it creates a perception of "fighting spirit" for the dedicated cadre when fortunes are down. During the winning days, this is part of the "ruthlessness" to destroy any opposition if living or legacy of opposition if dead.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12596
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Suraj » 15 May 2019 01:09

Picklu wrote:The chamchas/BIF cultivate that as it creates a perception of "fighting spirit" for the dedicated cadre when fortunes are down. During the winning days, this is part of the "ruthlessness" to destroy any opposition if living or legacy of opposition if dead.

That used to be a great approach until the RW ruined things by becoming so loud on SM. Despite all the TrueIndology ban nautanki, the fact remains that the Indian RW SM presence causes enough Burnol moments that some white joker on The Guardian was commissioned to write some bile about how Whatsapp is a part of India's 'slide towards authoritarianism' . Not going to link it. I would have trolled in their comments but they closed it pretty quickly.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 01:12

Suraj wrote:Well, here's something for you to chew on:

https://twitter.com/IamIconoclast/statu ... 3132998656

Jivatma
@realkrishnan
2h2 hours ago
More
#BengalWithBJP #Loksabhaelections2019

BJP likely 35-40%

At least 18 Alipurduar, Cooch, Darjeeling, Malda N, Balurghat, Raiganj,Krishna n, Asansol, Ranaghat, Barrackpur, Bongaon, Srirampur, Jhargram, Purulia, Bankura, Mednipur, Kolkata N, Dum Dum
@abhic_1983 @savvyasaachi

---

Jivatma
@realkrishnan
2h2 hours ago
More
Decent chance in Ghatal, Bishnupur, Hooghly, Barasat, Basirhat, Kol S

If a wave and > 40%, can win even a few out of Birbhum, Bolpur, Howrah, Durgapur, Jalpaiguri, Murshida, Mathura

25-30 not outrageous

@savvyasaachi @abhic_1983 @IamIconoclast @swapan55
#BengalWithBJP

---

Chintamani
‏@IamIconoclast
Follow Follow @IamIconoclast
More
Replying to @realkrishnan @savvyasaachi and 2 others
Looks a fair call. I have to find a discounting factor for rigging.

---

Might sound outrageous, but there are people actually talking of 35-40% voteshare rather than just 30%, and struggling to apply a rigging deflator to what they're seeing in terms of sentiment on ground when converting to seatshare.

Let's assume reality is somewhere in between. What number of LS seats out of 42 is somewhat destabilizing to to Didi ? What amounts to significant risk to her ? What count implies near certain meltdown in the rank and file leading to WB state elections in 2021 ?


There has been a latent undercurrent for BJP in WB; none denying that. In a fair election BJP would have got at least 17. The problem is to figure out the suitable deflator due to rigging and CPM vote katua. As a BRF certified dhoti shiverer, I am certain of only 5 for BJP.

Anything close to 15 for BJP and Didi is toast in 2021

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 01:17

chetak wrote:not that twitter lacks for election humor


<images edited out>


Each of the fake whatsapp chat screnshots from skindoctor in twitter is pure gold, this is the latest one.
Last edited by nachiket on 15 May 2019 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote large images while making a brief comment.

aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 82
Joined: 27 Apr 2019 10:59

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby aylamrin » 15 May 2019 01:26

ramana wrote:Singha thanks for asking as I was looking for SS Ray I found this titbit:


Basu government had kept Ray and Mamata Banerjee waiting for hours during a visit to their village in Howrah.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst



So SS Ray was #Jihadidi mentor and learnt the storm-trooper tactics from him up close.


Saar, I think it happened like this:
  • Jooti Bas(t**d), former CM of Bengal, had a rare opportunity of becoming the PM (albeit the tenure would have been rather short) sometime in 1996/97
  • A faction of the CPIM put a spanner in that idea. Bas(t**d) was peeved beyond recognition. He made up his mind to bring down the citadel of CPIM in Bengal and everywhere.
  • Three years later he relinquished control of the CM chair on health grounds.
  • A few years later Jihadi Sultana started paying visits to him with bouquets... and it is here by his bedside he used to impart tricks of the trade to his most beloved disciple (it's another story that many moons back it was his goons that fractured her skull). And he taught her, taught her all.
  • She went on to be perhaps his best legacy when he left left for hell in 2010.
  • Sultana came to power in 2011.
Last edited by aylamrin on 15 May 2019 01:32, edited 3 times in total.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1926
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby Picklu » 15 May 2019 01:27

ramana wrote:Singha thanks for asking as I was looking for SS Ray I found this titbit:


Basu government had kept Ray and Mamata Banerjee waiting for hours during a visit to their village in Howrah.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst



So SS Ray was #Jihadidi mentor and learnt the storm-trooper tactics from him up close.


SS Ray was another die-nast in the mould of Gopalkrishna Gandhi; he was the grandson of DeshaBandhu Chittaranjan Ray

SS Ray was also the Guv of Punjab when KPS Gill did his thung; his experience in WB came handy.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 01:38

Glad to be edumacated.
Everything has a prologue and an epilogue!!!

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11287
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby UlanBatori » 15 May 2019 01:44

Alrayminji:
See, our tactics have already been effective. One post warning of the 67th Sikh Regiment coming in to do roundups, and the tide has turned. Now the remaining TMC goons are getting the business end of the boot from the citizenry.
The Power Of BRF!
This is how we destroyed the JKLF, who planned under Musharraf to send 20,000 of their terrorists simply waking across the LOC into India, challenging Indian Army/BSF to machine-gun them (which would have been tough).

We reminded the dumbos that Musharraf's PA had no such compunctions, and had orders to simply shoot them from behind.

March was suddenly cancelled because the 20,000 had become 000. :rotfl:

U can be sure that BRF, particularly UBCN, are read by the cognizanti. Not the congi-shanty

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7017
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby disha » 15 May 2019 01:47

Suraj wrote:Might sound outrageous, but there are people actually talking of 35-40% voteshare rather than just 30%, and struggling to apply a rigging deflator to what they're seeing in terms of sentiment on ground when converting to seatshare.

Let's assume reality is somewhere in between. What number of LS seats out of 42 is somewhat destabilizing to to Didi ? What amounts to significant risk to her ? What count implies near certain meltdown in the rank and file leading to WB state elections in 2021 ?


Any voteshare which puts BJP in second position ahead of CPI in >20 seats plus any seats where the margin of defeat is <5% for BJP and such seats are >5 and BJP winning 10+ seats is game over for Mamata.

TMC will be relegated at that point to Jihadi party and fighting for mindspace with Islamics.

Parallels should be drawn between Mamata and Amma and TMC and AIADMK between Bengal and TN. Amma had to rebuild AIADMK from ground up post MGR and then had to deal with DMK just like Mamata had to deal with CPIM.

One crucial difference though. Amma had to face multiple defeats and her last victory in national elections for 2014 was a complete victory.

In Bengal, a loss of one or two seats to BJP can be explained away. How do you explain a loss of 10+ seats and at that almost loss for other seats. With such a loss, one can expect BJP to win 80+ seats in the assembly elections. That will be like "Operation Normandy" for BJP and a significant beach head would have been established. The lower cadre of CPIM would join BJP or can be propped up by BJP as vote katuas (vote cutters) to enfeeble Mamata even more.

And hence this is a very shrill campaign for Mamata. She wants to fight it so that she can live another day. For BJP, use Modi as the hammer head to break open fortress Bengal.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52340
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby ramana » 15 May 2019 01:51

Suraj, I think its 20+ for BJP after the Kolkata rally.
Didi got singed.
Now usually 7 to 10 Assly seats per MP seat is the norm.
That translates to 140 to 200 MLA so take the 170 MLAs for talking purposes.

Bengal Assy is 290 MLAs.
The majority is 8)

If BJP gets 20+ you can expect early elections in Bengal.
They wont have to endure her till 2021.


Note:
Naidu did a cardinal error when he got his goons to attack Amit Shah car while returning from Tirupati pilgrimage.
And instead of arresting the perpetrators he obfuscated the crime.
Look where he is now. Doldrums muttering "Democrazy in danger!"
Jihadidi by attacking the Shah rally in Kolkata has repeated the same error.
I hope Bengal will get liberated.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7017
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby disha » 15 May 2019 01:53

ramana wrote:Picklu MSA and Pitroda are being set up to take the fall for the Congress defeat and ring fence the Gandhi duo.


+72

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11287
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby UlanBatori » 15 May 2019 01:55

Some calibrations of Satta Bazaar record

The 120-year-old satta bazar, or betting market, at Indore has rarely been so quiet during election season as this time around. The IPL cricket championship which concluded on Sunday was one distraction. But the bigger reason was the police raid :eek: a month ago that sent it into a hush.The market that wagers big ticket on everything under the sun has cautioned all regulars against possible police raids. Last month's raids led to several arrests and seizure of telephone networks in Indore and Bhopal. Only experienced hands know how to deal with the subdued mood caused by police vigil. The "show has to go on", says a newsperson who regularly reports the activity. Such measures, sometimes, push up the rates.

The satta bazar had predicted a Congress victory in the December assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh which came true though the numbers fell short. The bookies initially gave the Congress party 122 seats while the then ruling BJP was trailing at 90. But as the tickets were finalised after the scrutiny and the battle lines were drawn, the BJP inched ahead past 100 to settle at 102 while the Congress slipped to 114. It stayed there on the figure in the market and in reality.

With just one phase of polling left in the current elections there has been a drop in support for BJP, according to punters. Till about ten days ago the odds were in favour of BJP to cross a total of 240 seats on its own and making a comfortable majority along with other partners of the NDA. The last two phases BJP's tally is being quoted at 220 in the satta market.

In Madhya Pradesh the next round of polling is due in the Malwa and Nimar region, generally considered to a stronghold of the party. With the denial of tickets to some stalwarts and growing resentment among party men the stock has come down. Of the eight constituencies up for grabs in the final round the BJP held seven. Given the results of the assembly elections held just five months ago it was surprising that the betting market kept its trust with the BJP. The Congress is still tottering at 100 seats at the national level. That sentiment persists.

In Bhopal the change in mood was drastic after the nomination of Pragya Thakur. Divijaya Singh who seemed sitting pretty with a month-long advantage of structured campaigning suddenly found his younger rival zooming past riding emotive issues of Hindutva and nationalism. Punters mostly bet on the overall tally of the parties. But factors like local influences of contests sway the punters. The going rate is generally quoted on the tally the BJP is expected to reach at national-level. It hovered at 248 in the last week of April and has come to 220.

The odds could change. With the visits of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi the atmosphere is surcharged and both parties are revise their estimates. The rebel activity and dissent of dropped candidates, ability of the leadership to address the issues and the capacity of intra-party rivals to hurt the chances of various candidates do influence the punters. However, in the final analysis the gut feeling dictates the call.

Indore's satta market has always witnessed intense activity during polling or the cricket season. The activity at other times is on ordinary issues like prospects of rain or rates of commodities or such events. Some calls have gone woefully wrong too. For instance the 2015 polls in Delhi and Bihar were called wrong by the Indore market. "The Aam Aadmi Party opened at 17 seats, but won 67," says an old hand at the market.

The worst debacle was the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls of 2017. The markets called the BJP figure at 203 seats, which actually overshot to 325. That was perhaps the occasion when payments could not be made to many punters.
--IANS
naidu/am
Last edited by UlanBatori on 15 May 2019 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11287
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby UlanBatori » 15 May 2019 01:57

So in general, Satta Bazaar misses big change/ waves, not 2 mention tsuNaMo. Makes sense: conservative bets based on MSM (pro-congi) with some long-tail high-risk bets. I think the big guys wait until the last minute when the suckers have piled up the money on dull bets, and come in with an extreme to make a killing (like UP election).

vsunder
BRFite
Posts: 806
Joined: 06 Sep 1999 11:31
Location: Ulan Bator, Mongolia

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Postby vsunder » 15 May 2019 02:01

ramana wrote:
Siddharth Shankar Ray was a scum bag in bhadralok guise.
He perpetrated undue violence in Bengal to overthrow the first CPM govt.
He had two henchmen of whom Illustrated Weekly used to write glowing reports.
One was Priyaranjan Das Munshi and Dikgaj could remember the other rascal.
One of the dirtiest incidents was these guys collected a bunch of goons and shut the gates of Rabindra Stadium and did mass gang rapes.
I hold this fellow in utmost contempt.
He was Indian Ambassador to US in the 80s!


The Rabindra Stadium gang rape was absolutely horrible. I was still in KGP. I remember a hallmate, one Arun Lohia coming back from Kolkata where he lived and telling us at tea time that tons of women were streaming into nearby house, including his, clothes all gone, screaming and asking for shelter and clothes. This hallmate seemed to be thoroughly shaken. My experiences in Bengal has completely turned me off from that state. I find very little on the Internet about that time even on this incident.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anandsgh, rajkumar, vcsekhar and 29 guests