Ardeshir wrote:Karan M wrote:Yes, you are right. The same project likely extends to the NYT and other channels. Explains their visceral reaction to any strong Govt in India or cultural awakening, centripetal forces.
It is quite possible that they are loony leftists, but on the balance of probability, it is perhaps a lot more than this as has often been speculated here.
- The NYT Company has two large blocks of shareholders. One is Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim. He owns Class A shares, that are traded publicly but have limited voting rights.
- The Ochs-Sulzberger Trust owns about 90% of the Class B shares, which are privately held and have all the voting power.
- Even the board of directors are split into Class A and Class B directors.
- The Class B board consists of Ochs-Sulzberger family members and long time associates, mostly of Jewish and/or WASP descent.
- Also something to remember/file for later use, this year, the NYT ran distinctly anti-Jewish cartoons, suggesting a strong split between elite Amreeki-Yahoodi elite and Israeli Yahoodis might have finally occurred.
Perhaps we could track all this in its own thread or a separate Wiki given that this is going to be a long term and recurring issue for us.
Even from 90s or prior, NYT has always been like that while WSJ few blocks down has been on the right side. They always represent global liberal order and dead against YYYs (Nazis, Zionists, and Hindutva). There used to be horrible female writer called Barbara Corssette dissing anything India non-Hindutva or Hindutva. Luckily long time ago working on a contract for them helped me to learn for real understanding of American media and politics.