2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Singha »

good psyops play imo to release these mystic images on eve of 7th round. will be well received in purbanchal, bihar and WB.
kedarnath is one of the top5 holiest temples in the faith.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

pankajs wrote:Very unlikely that SC will halt the process ... it might entertain petition/challenge that will be taken up after the full court assembles. Challenging elections at the seat level is anyways an old Indian tradition.

What I do feel will happen is #NotMyGovernment or #StoleElection kind of *uncivil* society kind of movement and a major media onslaught primarily in the foreign media to de-legitimize the Modi government. Anyone remembers the *Million Women march" or some such thing in DC when the Orange-head was elected?

Long-shot street *revolution* or subversive activity cannot be ruled out but Indians in general are not a very revolutionary bunch.
while we are at it lets throw in Russian meddling as well
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

AS offered a puja in Somnath temple today.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Singha wrote:Image

good psyops play imo to release these mystic images on eve of 7th round. will be well received in purbanchal, bihar and WB.
kedarnath is one of the top5 holiest temples in the faith.
NO. The PM is indeed a spiritual man and always has been.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

i know that. but no point avoiding using that as a lever. a image is better than many words.

asuras ranged against him anyway fight with zero rules.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

Not sure if this has been posted before. Eye opening talk on the real Yogi Adityanath, even for someone like me who believes that Yogi ji has been vilified by the English media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u03oMpatqJI
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Deans wrote:Not sure if this has been posted before. Eye opening talk on the real Yogi Adityanath, even for someone like me who believes that Yogi ji has been vilified by the English media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u03oMpatqJI
excellent find.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Deans ji, that was a good one to watch. The last anecdote also took me by surprise. Perceptions that are created by MSM, stay with us subliminal. I wasn' t aware of the number of institutions that the Yogiji ran, though I was aware the Yogiji became an MP the first time at 26.

His comparison on the four parameters was an eye opener. This ranking should be made publicly available on an index for the general consumption. I wonder if it is already done.

The four points are: Attendance (High), Questions (303), Discussions/Debates & Private Member Bill (3)

The numbers in brackets are with reference to the Yogiji's time period in 2014-2017 in the Namo-I government.

Edit: 303 number is significant as pointed out in the YT vid, as the Yogiji is asking questions of His own Govt.
Krita
BRFite

Post by Krita »

Sanju wrote:Deans ji, that was a good one to watch. The last anecdote also took me by surprise. Perceptions that are created by MSM, stay with us subliminal. I wasn' t aware of the number of institutions that the Yogiji ran, though I was aware the Yogiji became an MP the first time at 26.

His comparison on the four parameters was an eye opener. This ranking should be made publicly available on an index for the general consumption. I wonder if it is already done.

The four points are: Attendance (High), Questions (303), Discussions/Debates & Private Member Bill (3)

The numbers in brackets are with reference to the Yogiji's time period in 2014-2017 in the Namo-I government.

Edit: 303 number is significant as pointed out in the YT vid, as the Yogiji is asking questions of His own Govt.
Yogi has been vilified not only by MSM but also by some RW Tweeple who feels he isn't sophisticated enough. The law and order situation in Bulandshahr-Meerut belt (which is infamous for highway robbery, rape, riots etc) has improved a lot . Most of the UP based criminals are now operating in Delhi & Rajasthan since Yogi has driven them out with the encounter threat. MSM has made even a old fart like Pappu a youth icon if not for SM he would have flourished like his criminal father.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

rahulm wrote:Meanwhile, a little country called Australia, also went to the polls this weekend.
What’s interesting is the handful of channels Oz has, leftist media (they all are here ), opinion polls and the legal satta bazaar all predicted an ALP (Labor) win. The Coalition’s bombshell triumph comes after repeated polls placed the ALP ahead of the Morrison Government, and the Prime Minister’s demise appeared assured. An analysis of odds offered by Ladbrokes, Sportsbet and TAB reveals punters believe Mr Shorten is well on his way to winning government, installing Labor as short-priced favourites in 59 of the nation's 151 electorates.
The elites got it wrong. The people got it right. The American media got it wrong with Trump, the Indian and western media got it wrong with NaMo and now the Aussie leftist elites got to wrong.
In defence of Bookie-stan (not the leftist/MSS twits): read what they said: they got it right, those who interpreted them got it wrong.
installing Labor as short-priced favourites in 59 of the nation's 151 electorates.
Labor actually won 66. Is it THEIR fault that the other side won 76, hain? :((

Likewise, satta bazaare is reasonably sure that Maha RaGaddha-Bandhan will win 40 seats. It's the other 505 that are in doubt.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 19 May 2019 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

India Speaks Daily on Godse issue: https://youtu.be/I4hNRYYKzZc
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 271326.cms
BJP can never be 'Modi or Shah's party': Nitin Gadkari. "BJP neither became Atal or Advaniji's party in the past, nor it can ever be only Amit Shah or Narendra Modi's party," he said in an interview to at his residence here.

Stressing "BJP is a party based on ideology," Gadkari said it is wrong to say that "BJP has become Modi-centric."

He, however, said the BJP and Prime Minister Modi are "complementary to each other."
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 308896.cms
BJP didn't scrap Article 370 because of sensitive situation: Nitin Gadkari.

"Our party has been committed to abrogating Article 370 for long. But because of the sensitive situation there (J&K), we aren't doing it. We were in power with full majority this time, still we are not going to implement it. However, as far as the party's philosophy, policy and approach to it (Article 370) is concerned, we are firm on it," the minister said, according to the transcript of the interview.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What does that mean? I am philosophically committed to ejecting pakistan, but I prefer to just sit on the pakistan and not do the job? Very confusing message, disappointing at this juncture of election.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

They need RS majority for it else move will fail
Else it will be familiar scene in hostel days - someone does pakistan but then finds no water in the tap :((
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Just wondering, but does whatever US think tank for which Sadanand Dhume is a mouthpiece actually pay this clown to hang around in India and DDM to mouth his sanctimonious BS along with the like of other frauds like Yogendra Yadav. He must be a very useful idiot to further their goals.

I used to know this Chutiya when I was in NY and at that time, he was a graduating student and appeared to think like the rest of us on BR. But the leopard has since changed his colors and become a libtard and Uncle Tom along the lines of most Indians in US who are given prominence. I am sick and tired of his cacophony on ModiJi, demo, YogiJi, Sadhvi etc. And like all the other Khan market ass holes, one of his pet gripes is ModiJi not taking questions from media and only doing ‘scripted’ interviews. I think ModiJi has done 20+ interviews, and I wonder which of them is scripted? I know there was one which had some questions sketched on it, and all his haters have latched on to that. But most did involve tough questions and follow ups. Has Pappu done any tough interviews?
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

370 got it's own loopholes. Temporary and special provisions can be taken out. Just like they did to 371s without needing to calling out abrogation.

They may be keeping it to keep KMs in humor feeling independant against Pakis.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I am all for just going ahead and ignoring 370, 35 etc like the Pakis did in POK, and then saying what 2 do v r like that onlee.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

CRamS wrote:Just wondering, but does whatever US think tank for which Sadanand Dhume is a mouthpiece actually pay this clown to hang around in India and DDM to mouth his sanctimonious BS along with the like of other frauds like Yogendra Yadav. He must be a very useful idiot to further their goals.

I used to know this Chutiya when I was in NY and at that time, he was a graduating student and appeared to think like the rest of us on BR. But the leopard has since changed his colors and become a libtard and Uncle Tom along the lines of most Indians in US who are given prominence. I am sick and tired of his cacophony on ModiJi, demo, YogiJi, Sadhvi etc. And like all the other Khan market ass holes, one of his pet gripes is ModiJi not taking questions from media and only doing ‘scripted’ interviews. I think ModiJi has done 20+ interviews, and I wonder which of them is scripted? I know there was one which had some questions sketched on it, and all his haters have latched on to that. But most did involve tough questions and follow ups. Has Pappu done any tough interviews?
CRamS,

He’s married to Alyssa Ayres, senior fellow at the CFR in DC. A south Asia “expert”. Thankfully Orange-uran doesn’t give a hoot about such people and is into real power politics.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

UlanBatori wrote:I am all for just going ahead and ignoring 370, 35 etc like the Pakis did in POK, and then saying what 2 do v r like that onlee.
No. The BJP will lose votes if they don’t repeal 370, 35A, UCC and Ram Mandir. Along with vikas for all.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

So to repeal 370 you need a two-thirds majority in one of the houses and more than 50% of the states need to ratify it.

Problem is that while the procedure is going on anti-national elements might instill rioting and Pakis may wake up many sleeper cells. If the new govt can stomach that, then it can be done. But the whole thing can derail other important legislation for some time and I am not sure how much it will affect Vikash. On the other hand, BJP may not get a third term if they don't it in the second term. It is going to be a tough term for Modi this time.
Suresh S
BRFite

Post by Suresh S »

Agree with above posts that 370, 35A and Ram Mandir will be and must be done in next 5 yrs and in 2024 these will be of historic interest.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mort Walker wrote:
CRamS wrote:Just wondering, but does whatever US think tank for which Sadanand Dhume is a mouthpiece actually pay this clown to hang around in India and DDM to mouth his sanctimonious BS along with the like of other frauds like Yogendra Yadav. He must be a very useful idiot to further their goals.

CRamS,

He’s married to Alyssa Ayres, senior fellow at the CFR in DC. A south Asia “expert”. Thankfully Orange-uran doesn’t give a hoot about such people and is into real power politics.
Below is the story of opinion presstitutes like Dhume & his ilk like Rupa Subramanya etc
Truth is, lot of people started supporting @narendramodi in 2014 in the hope that he will return the favour. One thing I have seen for sure in him is if anyone thinks they have done him a favour , the person will return empty handed. That’s why such a huge list of people turning

https://twitter.com/bhupendrachaube/sta ... 6798087168
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Mort Walker wrote:CRamS,

she seems more indian than this guy. I read her book *our time has come: : How India is Making Its Place in the World* - a very decent book [except for 1 para on 2002, obviously]. she sounded more indian in her hopes etc.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

Suresh S wrote:Agree with above posts that 370, 35A and Ram Mandir will be and must be done in next 5 yrs and in 2024 these will be of historic interest.
Shah already said they will repeal it by [or in?] 2020.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Mort Walker wrote:...
Mr. Dhume and the late Ms. Gauri Lankesh were dating at one time, IIRC. The former wrote an eulogy for the latter a day after she was murdered.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Mr. Dhume and the late Ms. Gauri Lankesh were dating at one time, IIRC. The former wrote an eulogy for the latter a day after she was murdered.
KKji,

Glad to see you back after such a long time.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Vayutuvan wrote:
What? I can only imagine there was some Carbon Dating going on, given that Dhumya is in his 30s, and Raavan was in her 60s! :eek: :eek:
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Vayutuvan wrote:
mixing up chidanand rajghatta with dhume
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Singha wrote:AS offered a puja in Somnath temple today.
Amit Shah is at one Jyotir-linga and Modi ji is at baba Kedar.. They are walking in the light of the Jyotir-linga. :)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

So voting is over? NaMo/AmitShah are climbing mountains while RaGa is sucking his toes?
Hari Nair
BRFite

Post by Hari Nair »

Interesting the way events are being shaped up in the EC:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 6M44N.html

If this dude has a problem, why leak it out to the rags? And why should "minority decisions" as he calls it be recorded? Its not a judgement from a bench of judges! Also, its not his 'decision', only his opinion. The decision is reflected in the final order of the EC.

Expect the Goons to conflagrate this issue after 23 May and go in for litigation to challenge the PM's election itself. Also expect lots of negative write-ups in the international press ghost-written by our journos. If I recall correctly, Indira Jaisingh / others had hinted at this line of attack some time back.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Intense dhoti shivering has started. And waiting for waiting for NYT/WaPo opeds by the likes of Darkha Butt, Chaddi Subramanya, Dhumya on 'how Modi stole ze elekshuns'.
Modiji will lose onlee :(( :(( :((
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Hari Nair wrote:Interesting the way events are being shaped up in the EC:
https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-ne ... 6M44N.html

If this dude has a problem, why leak it out to the rags? And why should "minority decisions" as he calls it be recorded? Its not a judgement from a bench of judges! Also, its not his 'decision', only his opinion. The decision is reflected in the final order of the EC.

Expect the Goons to conflagrate this issue after 23 May and go in for litigation to challenge the PM's election itself. Also expect lots of negative write-ups in the international press ghost-written by our journos. If I recall correctly, Indira Jaisingh / others had hinted at this line of attack some time back.
Yes, that is the most likely plan of attack. Try to discredit Modi's win as much as possible. The following rags have all been activated so far, Economist, NYT, WaPo (they are now pushing the Hindu Muslim angle hard), New Yorker, Atlantic, NPR, BBC, Telegraph and Spectator.

Our mentally colonized good for nothing Gunga dins are leading the charge. Much as expected.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

And here it is:
https://indianexpress.com/elections/lav ... o-5735520/
The Election Commission (EC) has decided to revisit its clean chit to the NITI Aayog and Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) over an alleged violation of the Model Code of Conduct (MCC), at Election Commissioner Ashok Lavasa’s insistence.

Last week, the poll panel had disposed of a Congress complaint alleging misuse of the NITI Aayog by the PMO for gathering information on Gondia, Wardha and Latur ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s election rallies there.
Speaking at a press conference on May 12, Deputy Election Commissioner Sandeep Saxena had informed journalists that the EC had found no merit in the complaint as the PM, by virtue of an instruction issued on October 7, 2014, is permitted to combine his official and electioneering visits.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Union Finance Secretary before being appointed to ECI.
Fellow has no issues with WB violence or Chowkidar chor hain, but has all these problems.
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

Nobody will discredit the BJP's win because NaMo will loose onlee :(( :((
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

So when do exit polls start?
Nsmith
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nsmith »

Karan M wrote:So when do exit polls start?
6 PM today.

Any update on the voting percentages for phase VII ?