2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Manish_Sharma »

It was a plan by UP Congress Muslim leaders like Salman Khurshid et al well in advance during70s IG's times:[/b]
Dr Salman Khurshid has written a book called "At Home In India: A restatement of Indian Muslims" in which he writes that what Sikhs (and Hindus) suffered during 1984 riots was only due to their SINS committed against Muslims during 1947 partition.
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 06 May 2019 10:15, edited 2 times in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Back to Elections :
Amethi is voting today. I hope Ms. Irani wins from there but my hopes are punctured by the realpolitik of the constituency.
With about 3 Lakh Peacefool voters and dye-in wool congress supporters, It would be a tough journey for SI. She may bring down the margin from last time but still, defeating Gandhi dynast from Amethi will be like bringing down a Bison with bare hands.

Meanwhile news from Bhopal is not very optimistic for Diggy. He seems to carrying no traction and as always he is counting on reverse polarization among Peacefools and vote for him enblock. Sadhvi Pragya or anyone else, People across the board are voting for Modi Ji only. You could put me up as candidate in any constituency and even I will get tons of votes in Modi Ji's name.

Rajnath Singh will sail thru easily and so will Sonia Gandhi. On the topic of Sonia, BJP never has made a concreted effort to defeat this lady since SuSw chased her all the way to Bellary. I haven't seen any strong candidate pitched against her unless there are bigger forces in play in favor of her. Even SP-BSP avoid taking her on electorally.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

^^ because sonia is not next in line, RG is so he will be chased, and hence he ran far away to Kerala. I am sure if tomorrow PG stands for election (which i am sure from Sonia's seat in RB) then she will be chased too.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 076_1.html
The conservative forecast by Ram Madhav, the Bharatiya Janata Party’s national general secretary, is just short of a clear majority in the 543-seat parliament, and is far below what other party leaders including finance minister Arun Jaitley and party president Amit Shah have publicly claimed.

"If we get 271 seats on our own, we will be very happy," Madhav said in an interview with Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait in New Delhi on Saturday. "With NDA we will have a comfortable majority," he said referring to the National Democratic Alliance.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

The largest difference in seats from 2014 for BJP is likely to be in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar (contesting in 6 fewer seats than it won last time), Orissa and West Bengal. Some will be losses and some will be gains.

Can people currently residing in these states give an estimate for BJP and NDA in these states?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Ardeshir wrote:I am absolutely astounded that a member on this forum is justifying and/or making excuses for the Gandhi scoundrels. Rajiv Gandhi undoubtedly unleashed his attack dogs on the Sikhs, just as decades ago, the Congress machinery had launched attacks on Punekar brahmins after the death of MK Gandhi.

And not just that, they even made the claiming of compensation by the survivors near impossible. My father's colleague had a relative who was burned alive in the riots. The family filed many applications and petitions for compensation which they were entitled to, but on some pretext, were always denied. My father was close to Pramod Mahajan, and when Atalji came to power, through Mahajanji was able to get the family the compensation they had been chasing for over a decade. Not only did they unleash violence, but wanted to teach them a lesson after that too. This was a systematic use of government machinery to target an Indic group, nothing can whitewash that.
All this outrage is well justified. But there was huge latent anger in Hindu community against Sikhs too for what they had done to Hindu community in Sikh majority areas . their bomb blasts in public places and targetted executions made even going out in public a nerve wracking ordeal.

Many of the people use 84 riots as a stick to beat congress with. But it will be foolish to forget what khalistanis did and the effect their actions had on common Hindus. There were Hindus who lived in abject fear, lost properties, were kidnapped for ransom, displaced from ancestral homes and even killed. Sikhs were not absolute majority in Punjab like muslims are in Kashmir. Otherwise fate of Punjabi Hindus wouldn't be that different from that of Kashmiri Pandits.
Over there, a small minority picked up the gun while silent majority mostly tried to protect themselves.

If someone tries to bring in topic of sikhs serving in Indian armed forces, please read about how many sikh soldiers mutinied after blue star with many doing their best to massacre Hindus with their service weapons and even seeking shelter in pakistan.

Perpetrators of riots should definitely be punsihed, but don't forget the atrocities khalistanis committed against Hindus and their hateful murderous spree in your hatred of congress.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

SriKumar wrote:HKL Bhagat (Information and Broadcasting minister at that time, I think) was a highly-placed congressi and close confidant of Rajiv Gandhi, and he, as I understand it, deliberately engineered some of the riots (while other riots being spontaneous) in Delhi.

I am reasonably sure Rajiv G. knew of this, since this was all local to Delhi (HKLB and Rajiv G. were both in Delhi). It was more than an act of indifference to the riots by Rajiv G. He could have stopped a lot of killing by just asking HKLB to stop his stuff which did not even require deploying the police or troops.
Nanavati commission set up under NDA implicated HKL Bhagat, Jagadish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar for anti Sikh riots.

The commission also said Delhi police commissioner S.C. Tandon actually oversaw the riots.

"Completely by coincidence" MMS was PM when Nanavati commission submitted it's report. MMS apologized to the Sikh community and nobody was charged.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

So. What's the prediction? Completely from my Musharraf after some excel-giri, I predict 245-255 for BJP, 70-80 for Congress and NDA with majority.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I am still at 220 for BJP, NDA just short of majority.

My worst case scenario is 180 for bjp. Best case is 220. I am going all conservative here.
Last edited by abhijitm on 06 May 2019 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Where the hell is Dilbu?
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Anujan wrote:Nanavati commission set up under NDA implicated HKL Bhagat, Jagadish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar for anti Sikh riots.

The commission also said Delhi police commissioner S.C. Tandon actually oversaw the riots.

"Completely by coincidence" MMS was PM when Nanavati commission submitted it's report. MMS apologized to the Sikh community and nobody was charged.
The interesting thing about the Nanavati Commission is that there had to be a Nanavati Commission rather than a standard judicial process. This wasn't a legal process that concluded with a full bench decision at the Supreme Court of India. This was a one-man inquiry commission set up by the first NDA government simply because anything further wasn't possible, and arguably with the current state of the hizzoners, still isn't possible.

As a comparative exercise, there's the Nanavati Commission and the Liberhan Commission. The former was set up in 2000 to probe a riot from 1984. The latter was set up in 1992 to probe a mosque destruction in December of the same year. It took the first full term non-INC govt close to a generation later to actually institute a commission into the 1984 riots. Meanwhile, the leader in charge of that time, is most well known by a demography of Indians for probably the most callous statements ever made in a public rally.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Smriti Irani has alerted the EC that there is booth capturing in Amethi this morning. At least 2 voting booths are alleged.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

jamwal wrote: All this outrage is well justified. But there was huge latent anger in Hindu community against Sikhs too for what they had done to Hindu community in Sikh majority areas . their bomb blasts in public places and targetted executions made even going out in public a nerve wracking ordeal.

Many of the people use 84 riots as a stick to beat congress with. But it will be foolish to forget what khalistanis did and the effect their actions had on common Hindus. There were Hindus who lived in abject fear, lost properties, were kidnapped for ransom, displaced from ancestral homes and even killed. Sikhs were not absolute majority in Punjab like muslims are in Kashmir. Otherwise fate of Punjabi Hindus wouldn't be that different from that of Kashmiri Pandits.
Over there, a small minority picked up the gun while silent majority mostly tried to protect themselves.

If someone tries to bring in topic of sikhs serving in Indian armed forces, please read about how many sikh soldiers mutinied after blue star with many doing their best to massacre Hindus with their service weapons and even seeking shelter in pakistan.

Perpetrators of riots should definitely be punsihed, but don't forget the atrocities khalistanis committed against Hindus and their hateful murderous spree in your hatred of congress.
Not forgetting at all. In fact, people old enough to have traveled through Punjab will perhaps remember a distinct change the moment they crossed over from Chandigarh (a Union Territory) to Mohali (suburb, and part of Punjab). Suddenly, all shops would have their boards in a yellow background with blue letterings, a requirement which has enforced via threat of violence. There was an automobile company whose employees were segregated from the company bus one night and anyone without a turban was shot dead. And like you said, the bombs in markets and other public places. There will be thousands of such stories, although the dominant narrative now is that of how the Indian state oppressed the Sikhs, especially since Indian SJWs have got a taste of Ghulam Nabi Fai-esque hospitality. The Khalistanis were scumbags, and it took a KPS Gill to demolish them.
That being said, the target of the Delhi riots had nothing to do with any of that. It can be argued that the Khalistani movement was largely a Jat-Sikh driven movement, while the Delhi riots disproportionately ended up targeting trader and working class Sikh communities. This was a Rajiv Gandhi Gunda Rozgar Yojana / Indira Gandhi Smarak Hatya Yojana. They have no love lost for any community their perceived were defying them, just as a few decades ago they went after Brahmins in Pune.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Guys in total dhoti shivering mode today. Big day, 50 seats up for grabs with key BJP pockets. Plus added tadka of 7 seats from near about Kolkata polling today- Bangaon, Barrackpur, Howrah, Uluberia, Serampore, Hooghly and Arambagh, and since morning extended friends and family on Whatsapp have been giving me the jitters of BJP candidate from Barrackpore getting beaten up.

Close to Kolkata, I would have expected that poll violence would not be so apparent.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Close to Kolkata, I would have expected that poll violence would not be so apparent.
Well, think about what that implies about what’s been estimated to have happened in the phases so far in WB...

Hindu asserts that the Barrackpore BJP candidate was ‘in a scuffle with bolis after he argued he was roughed up by TMC folks and inspector in charge standing nearby did nothing’ .
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

banrjeer wrote:For the younger folks here.

Rajiv Gandhi was probably corrupt as it was pretty much the norm for his cronies, but he was not an abettor to mob violence against Sikhs. When the chants of khoon ka badla broke out out he tried to pacify the crowd.
Is that why that paragon of virtue didn't call in the Indian army to shoot rioters on sight for several days.

The Khandan was responsible for the riots and the attempted genocide of Sikhs.

The fact that justice has not been done till date is a huge blot on our nation.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Anujan wrote:So. What's the prediction? Completely from my Musharraf after some excel-giri, I predict 245-255 for BJP, 70-80 for Congress and NDA with majority.
Very likely.

Minimal losses from central and west India and UP and big gains in Orissa and WB will push it past 272.
Some gains in South India too perhaps if we are lucky.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Dumal wrote:
Singha wrote:did rajeev chandrasekhar join bjp ? I thought he was INC MP at one point? has a gigantic villa in koramangala 4th block among other assets.
he is ex-IA or ex-IAF iirc.

Chowkidar Rajeev Chandrasekhar

Verified account
@rajeev_mp
7h7 hours ago
More Chowkidar Rajeev Chandrasekhar

I do think of u @siddaramaiah - whn I see rotting garbage, dying encroachd lakes, potholed roads n othr signs of brazen corruption in ur 5 yr #10percentSarkara

I think of ur SteelFlyoverDiary, wakf scam, hublot watch, dividing lingayats n losing ur elxn as #TipuSultanBhakt
Rajeev Chandrasekhar, iirc, has never been aligned to the inc overtly. He was not from IA/IAF, but since getting married to the BPL family Nambiar’s daughter, started the BPL mobility business in the Mumbai/MH/Goa, Kerala & TN markets in the 90’s and sold them in the 00’s. From then on he has been a PE investor and an RS MP, perhaps supported by BJP.
:eek: :eek: :eek: RajeevC in INC? WTF?

Ok, am surprised that with the, um, massive knowledge base exhibited by lots of posters about Kerala, no one knew that Rajeev Chandrashekhar was the state unit Vice president of NDA Kerala and been a Rajya Sabha MP talking for Karnataka and Kerala affairs (along with Suresh Gopi and that closet-commie loser Kannanthanam) for a while! He was the defacto in-charge for the incoming Field Marshal since 2011 till two years back, until lumpen elements, including the current lout* who is the state party president, decided to undercut him with their faction fights

He is actually interesting to interact with. His life saga is quite interesting and frankly, is the dream of geeks: His dad was in IAF and he studied engineering at Manipal. Later on, he did his studies at khan (illinios insitute of tech) and joined Intel, where he was a protege of Vinod Dham and was in the pentium design team (remember an old photo of him at the Bangalore office, where he is standing with the others in that team)

Then he got happily adopted into the BPL eco-system by TPG Nambiar, another chappie with serious tech chops and the partriarch of BPL after he got married by his daughter Anju. He took BPL in various new directions including mobile, but split up, sold off to Essar at a nice round figure.

He started Jupiter Capital with the money and has done some pretty good investments around India. Eg: his Niramaya Resort to the south of Trivandrum, is considered by investment community as a role model of turning around an existing resort and was India's most profitable resort by net per room revenue as well as by margins. The resort used to be in Top5 Trip Advisor ones (dont know now). Now he has started a chain based on that model, around the IOR. He later took over Asianet news channel and the local kammies got their red panties into a knot at "BJP taking over malayalam news channels" etc. But despite these hissy fits, he has been pretty hands offish and allows an openly commie Chief Editor a lot of leeway.

For a long time (until late 2018), RC was supposed to have been the candidate for Trivandrum against Dr Shashi Tharoor in 2019, since he has a certain fan following among the younger crowd, has a bigger worldview than state-level leaders and similar world-wide career arc as ST. But the BJP state leadership in its infinite wisdom, decided to go with Governor Kummanam.
* just search for "Sreedharan Pillai Statements" in google, including the one that is raging the past two days about a leaked letter he send to Shree Gadkari, asking to stop NH work in state :oops: All he had to do was let the current CM Pinarayi Vijayan to do one foolish move after another and just ride in the wave of public revulsion. But no, he has to open his trap and help the CM look the better person than the stalinist he is!
jaysimha
BRFite

Post by jaysimha »

vnms wrote: They do manipulate their search algorithms. They are constantly tweaking it.
anyone tried http://www.samachar.com/ for consolidated news.
I find it OK
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Dr. PRAVIN PATIL
The Gandhis are running out of time. The first family of the Congress party will have to take a call sooner rather than later about their role in Indian politics.

Phase 5 could see the continuation of the wave-like electoral landscape for Modi.. https://t.co/hMNZSVHdMr
https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/1125 ... 89984?s=19

For sure he's seeing something..... if he isn't confident then he goes in stealthy mode like Bihar election, but both UP and now he's roaring like a lion....

Its 300+ for BJP

NEWS FROM AMETHI:

https://twitter.com/arvind_barmer/statu ... 05088?s=19
This initial trend should worry Rahul Gandhi. The area which gave him highest lead (salon) in 2014 is lowest and area which gave lowest margin (Jagdishpur) voting highest. Guys common. Amethi jitenge. https://t.co/15LkLQo0b9
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 06 May 2019 12:12, edited 2 times in total.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

The anti-Sikh riots were a disgrace and leaders of the congress should have been in the dock. For what its worth the Nanavati commission cast doubt on congress leaders like Sajjan Kumar and Tytler but cleared Rajiv of being directly involved.

This article does not reveal anything conviction worthy. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 701750.cms

Without effective law and order, People bear violence stoically and give vent in sudden catastrophic riots or work with ISI etc. It was not OK for Hindus to shrug off killings by khalistanis. Neither is it OK for Sikhs to accept atrocities by congress.

Overall it's surprising how such a dense population is able to live without any effective judicial or law enforcement systems. Its a kind of equilibrium not easy to find.

I have seen police get slapped around by a mob in Bihar. It's an ineffectual force even when willing to do their bit.

Anyway enough of this depressing topic. Namo has to build up the police and create a working legal system.
For all its flaws, the US has a working system and people abide by it and trust it.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Booth capturing by Rahul Gandhi goons, old lady is saying on video live, please go to tweet to watch VIDEO

https://twitter.com/DineshMishraNBT/sta ... 44128?s=19
"I wanted to vote for BJP. But I was forcefully made to vote for Congress. They grabbed my hand and made me press Congress symbol (on EVM)".

No this is not West Bengal. This is Rahul Gandhi's Amethi! Gauriganj, Booth No 316 to be precise. @ECISVEEP https://t.co/H0AubChfLj
अमेठी-हाथ पकड़कर जबरदस्ती पंजा पर धर दिहिन हम देहे जात रहिन कमल पर ( कमल पर देना चाहती थी, जबरदस्ती पंजा पर डलवा दिया) यह मामला गौरीगंज के गूजरटोला बूथ नंबर 316 का है जहाँ पीठासीन अधिकारी ने जबरदस्ती कांग्रेस को वोट डलवा दिया @INCIndia @smritiirani @RahulGandhi @NBTLucknow https://t.co/TKIA5ltGo6
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Booth capturing by Rahul Gandhi goons, old lady is saying on video live, please go to tweet to watch VIDEO

https://twitter.com/DineshMishraNBT/sta ... 44128?s=19
"I wanted to vote for BJP. But I was forcefully made to vote for Congress. They grabbed my hand and made me press Congress symbol (on EVM)".

No this is not West Bengal. This is Rahul Gandhi's Amethi! Gauriganj, Booth No 316 to be precise. @ECISVEEP https://t.co/H0AubChfLj
अमेठी-हाथ पकड़कर जबरदस्ती पंजा पर धर दिहिन हम देहे जात रहिन कमल पर ( कमल पर देना चाहती थी, जबरदस्ती पंजा पर डलवा दिया) यह मामला गौरीगंज के गूजरटोला बूथ नंबर 316 का है जहाँ पीठासीन अधिकारी ने जबरदस्ती कांग्रेस को वोट डलवा दिया @INCIndia @smritiirani @RahulGandhi @NBTLucknow https://t.co/TKIA5ltGo6

This is desperation. When social media is ubiquitous why take such risks when all eyes are in this constituency. C stem is totally rattled.
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

Voter turnout till 11 AM

Overall: 26.96%

Bihar : 20.74%
J&K : 6.09%
MP : 28.62%
RJ : 29.36%
UP : 22.96%
WB : 33.57%
JH : 29.49%
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Very high in wb raj jh and mp despite the heat

Chup chap phule chaap i hope

With avenues to influence all drying up, i am expecting a cobrapost sting op a throw of dice. Aap will also do usual drama in delhi with media support
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Singha wrote:Very high in wb raj jh and mp despite the heat

Chup chap phule chaap i hope

With avenues to influence all drying up, i am expecting a cobrapost sting op a throw of dice. Aap will also do usual drama in delhi with media support
Singhaji which phul? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

@ANI
23m23 minutes ago
More
#WATCH Rahul Gandhi in Bhiwani,Haryana: Narendra Modi the boxer was supposed to fight unemployment,farmer problems,corruption etc but he instead turned around & punched his coach Advani ji,his team Gadkari ji Jaitley ji, then went into crowd and punched small traders and farmers
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

@ANI
30m30 minutes ago
More
#WATCH: PM Modi in Tamluk,West Bengal,says,"Didi is so frustrated these days that she doesn't even want to talk or hear about god. Situation is such that Didi is arresting and jailing those who are chanting 'Jai Sri Ram'."
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

Ranarasika wrote:Voter turnout till 11 AM

Voter turnout till 1 PM

Overall : 31.29%

Bihar- 24.49%
J&K- 6.54%
MP- 31.46%
Rj- 33.82%
UP- 26.53%
WB- 39.55%
JH- 37.24%
mridulmm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

Ranarasika wrote:
Ranarasika wrote:Voter turnout till 11 AM

Voter turnout till 1 PM

Overall : 31.29%

Bihar- 24.49%
J&K- 6.54%
MP- 31.46%
Rj- 33.82%
UP- 26.53%
WB- 39.55%
JH- 37.24%
Actually its higher:
Last edited by mridulmm on 06 May 2019 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

it seems anyone can do a nationwide exit poll for around 1.5 cr per a article by aakar patel.
only thing is they cannot publish until evening of may17.

so various stock market players, industrial groups, satta operators will either be gathering their own data or use the data from parties booth level feedbacks. many ppl would have good idea whats going on.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Why single out Rajiv when each and every political head honcho of that time had his/her hands dipped in blood and not a single person ever got convicted.
Riots were a norm till mid 90's and people would go crazy and kill each other. The last big one happened under NM's watch. How many of the BRF posters were secretly happy or have shown satisfaction that Peacefools were shown the might of Hindus for once. It is always about state of existence at that point in time.
Why does no one call out incompetent PVNR who was the Union Home Minister at that time or did he chose to become another Manmohan Singh during those days and in 7 years got promoted to being the PM himself. What was President Zail Singh doing at that time ? Sleeping or worried about his own job. In the immortal words of U-turn Kejri,"Sub Saale mile hue hain"
It was afterall, a different day, different shit !!
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Business eople don't usually attack a PM candidate like this mid-poll unless they've a good idea where things are headed, eh ?
sanjayc
BRFite

Post by sanjayc »

jamwal wrote:All this outrage is well justified. But there was huge latent anger in Hindu community against Sikhs too for what they had done to Hindu community in Sikh majority areas . their bomb blasts in public places and targetted executions made even going out in public a nerve wracking ordeal.
An average of 20 to 25 Hindus were being shot dead every day in targeted killings by Khalistanis across Punjab, and it went on for years ... Nobody talks about it now, just like for Godhra, nobody talks about the women and children who were burnt, but only focus on riots that followed. This is a common strategy followed by Muslims and Christians both in India ... hide the root cause that they are responsible for, and just focus on reaction of the otherwise peaceful majority and for years, keep beating their chests
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Don't think I even waited with such anticipation for my first job interview result in madrassah.

So wish BB's right this time.
Totally surprising, the way BJP is putting up a fight in Bengal. From Hooghly to Barrackpore to Bangaon to Arambagh to Srirampur, everywhere BJP is running neck-to-neck with the TMC, and this was supposed to be core Mamata territory from where she began her Singur agitation!..
Dr Praveen Patil
‏ @5Forty3
26m26 minutes ago

In Jan, looked as if Congress would challenge Modi from 6 states - Ker, Kar, Raj, MP, CG & Pun
Today afternoon, the Gandhis are desperately defending family bastions of Amethi & Rae Bareli!

Remarkable turnaround by BJP in 3 months is a story in itself.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

jamwal wrote: If someone tries to bring in topic of sikhs serving in Indian armed forces, please read about how many sikh soldiers mutinied after blue star with many doing their best to massacre Hindus with their service weapons and even seeking shelter in pakistan.
Provide evidence for such lurid claims from proper sources, not NYTimes kind of stuff. Some 3000 soldiers deserted post blue star, and after short prison stints, most were taken back into Army. The stuff you are claiming was widely spread by western news sources in India and turned out to be rumor mongering.
What is the point of the but? How do atrocities by khalistanis equal murder of Sikh innocent folks in rioting by Congress? What kind of equivalence are you drawing here?
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Am always amazed at the poll percentages seen from WB, gives an indication of the extent of rigging that goes through the day.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:Don't think I even waited with such anticipation for my first job interview result in madrassah.
PP's optimism actually worries me. I have been reading through all his analysis; and as per that the "seculars" have just rolled down and died. I cannot believe that!
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Vikas wrote:The last big one happened under NM's watch.

How many of the BRF posters were secretly happy or have shown satisfaction that Peacefools were shown the might of Hindus for once. It is always about state of existence at that point in time.
!!
Difference is NM did not have the power that the Central Govt wields with him and his requests for help were rebuffed by INC run states. He did all he could to stop them including flying in KPS Gill.

Second, dont talk frivolous crap on this board attributing motives to BRF posters about riots and painting them as being on board with your brazenly communal belief about a two way riot, affecting mostly everyday folk, being equal to Hindus teaching Muslims a lesson. Most sensible folks would have realized that the riots did not help India or Indians in any way.

You want to to wear this stupid view on your sleeve thinking this was a great development, do so elsewhere.

The point that riots were common in INC rule testifies to their gross incompetence, your defence of RG not withstanding.

Warning given for your post.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

WB booths compromised. I'd love to see the spineless EC take a stand and declare all of WB elections null and void.
https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 77216?s=19