2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
kit
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by kit »

ramana wrote:Lost in all this din is Mukesh Ambani seeking KSA investment in his refinery business. $15B for 25% stake.
He wants $20B.
probably an insurance policy for his investments in gujarat.. in times of war they are at risk
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

-Deleted-
Last edited by ramana on 18 Apr 2019 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ramana
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^
Even if a point needs to be made what is the need for such crass post not even couched in humor - where is the sense of propriety ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The presstitutes day and night label the PM as "suit boot ki sarkar" painting NaMo to be supposedly working for the benefit of Billionaires like Mukesh Ambani while ignoring the common man.
In every congie propagandu against Modi starting from Rafale to Demonetisation to "Gabbar Singh tax" to electronic transactions to Aadhar, the Ambani lot are shown as the big bad villains who are supposedly backing Modi in his "deep conspiracy" to tighten his "dictatorial grip".
All the while not a peep comes from the Ambani/Reliance spokespersons when all this muck is being thrown at them hoping that some of it sticks to NaMo/BJP - as if by design.

Now Mukesh Ambani openly endorses "apni hi dukaan" Congress candidate Milind Deora for Mumbai & all the presstitutes hitherto railing against BJP throwing the Ambani name around have their heads buried in the sand.
Nice public relations scam these Ambani-Congie lot are running - while being as thick as thieves .
Ambani/Reliance name gets thousands of crores worth free advertising for its "brand recognition" while the congies will keep on targeting NaMo by trying to associate Reliance with him/BJP.

Mukesh Ambani openly endorses "apni hi dukaan" Congress candidate for Mumbai Parliamentary election

https://youtu.be/XIb1l2YCQbo
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mukesh Ambani at Stalin's house creates ripples in TN - Daily Pioneer
Thursday, 14 February 2019 | Kumar Chellappan | CHENNAI

Two recent events underplayed by the media has caused ripples in political Tamil Nadu and are being discussed in a hush-hush manner by all political parties in the State.
But what surprised the political commentators in Tamil Nadu is the timing of the visit. The Reliance Group Chairman did not call on Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswamy or any other political bigwigs in the State. Moreover they pointed out that Mukesh Ambani had not invited Stalin for the wessing of his daughter which was solemnised earlier this year. The fact that the Reliance Group did not attend the last month’s Global Investors Meet convened by the AIADMK Government too has not gone unnoticed.

Yet another VIP who made it to the residence of the DMK chief in late January was Ratan Tata, chairman emeritus of the Tata Group. This visit too was described by the DMK office as a courtesy call. Ratan Tata is a business baron who does not call on political leaders and that too at their residences. Hence his visit to Stalin’s house is being watched seriously but without any hype in the media. The Tata Group which is headed by Tamil Nadu born Natarajan Chandrasekaran, too was conspicuous by their absence during the GIM held at Chennai.

The only link that comnnects the Tata Group honcho to the DMK was the Neera Radia Tape of the infamous 2G Spectrum Scam in which the telephonic conversations featured Ratan Tata and Kanimozhi, Stalin’s step-sister. The visits of Mukesh Ambani to Stalin’s residence comes at a time when there are media reports about the strained ties between the Reliance Group Chairman and the BJP top leadership.
As i understand Tamil Nadu meme arena is overflowing with "Modi & Reliance (Mukesh Ambani) are targeting Tamil Nadu with deep conspiracies" kind of memes by the DK gangs since last few years - when the realities like above are papered over by the presstitutes in Tamil media
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

<poof gone>
Last edited by Zynda on 18 Apr 2019 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chintamani
‏ @IamIconoclast

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in Karnataka is hitting Cong-JDS big time. Looks like my projection of 8/14 for BJP going to be exceeded. 3 seats of Bangalore, Mysore, South Canara, Udupi-CMR, Chitradurga, Kolar in the bag. Toss-up on Chikkaballapur, Tumkur, Mandya
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chintamani
‏ @IamIconoclast

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in The UP story for MGB looks like evaporating. The MGB is not even in contention in 6/8 seats. Only Amroha and Nagina are being fought out. Modi juggernaut is rolling. 30-40% Yadavs are voting for BJP - 80%Y to BJP in BSP seats
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chintamani Retweeted
Prasanna Viswanathan
‏Verified account @prasannavishy

Just voted. Bengaluru Central Lok Sabha. May be the booth I voted was an aberration but surprised by huge huge queues. 2 hours of wait. Much bigger than assembly elections last year.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chowkidaar Arvind Jain
‏ @arvind_barmer
59m59 minutes ago

While Focus is on Karnataka, Excellent news is coming from UP in Second Phase. Social alliance built by MGB is falling apart. Runaway leads in Agra, Amroha. Modi is only voice in UP right now and also Bangalore Urban seats.
Keeping my fingers crossed
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Good updates, hope they stand, can't take another anti climax like assembly elections. UP and KA are both very very important states for BJP to be back. WB looks like too much rigging with all the noise going around.
Last edited by Karthik S on 18 Apr 2019 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Is Mota Bhai playing a double game ?
By Aligning with Congoon system, he takes the sting out of the allegation of him being in bed with Modi. He is not some idiot who would openly endorse political candidates and cause heart burn. Anyhow we all know that people don't vote based upon what Mota bhai says so why this endorsement or openly flirting with NDA opposition ?
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Kerala @CMOKerala got disturbed because of #Ayyappa Chanting from a near by temple!! His goon went and disconnected electricity to the temple so that Kerala's Kim Jong Un can continue his election speech !
WTF!!
Imagine if it was the call for Azaan from the mosque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6qp3T-q7oo

Whats with the Red uniforms of Kerala Police guarding Comrade Pinarayi?
Some sort of commie party affiliated Police dress symbolizing a Red Guard for the Comrade Pinaryi?

They may as well swap those khakhi pants too with these red color lungis of Kerala commie party workers.
Last edited by Lilo on 18 Apr 2019 18:08, edited 3 times in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Dr Sachin Reddy

@snsachinnandu
Following Following @snsachinnandu
More
At 3PM, Cong/minority bastions like Sarvagnanagar, Shivajinagar, BTM Layout, Yashwantpura have polled abyssmally while BJP bastions of Mahadevpura, Mahalakshmi Layout, Rajajinagar, Jayanagar, Basavanagudi, Chikpet are having bumper polling!

Bangalore has given its answer!

Can somebody tell me where he got the voting percentage image?
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Vikas wrote:Is Mota Bhai playing a double game ?
By Aligning with Congoon system, he takes the sting out of the allegation of him being in bed with Modi. He is not some idiot who would openly endorse political candidates and cause heart burn. Anyhow we all know that people don't vote based upon what Mota bhai says so why this endorsement or openly flirting with NDA opposition ?
He knows Modi will not go out of his way to harm him. But RaGa and company can and will. So in this context endorsement of an INC candidate is not really surprising.
rohanldsouza
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohanldsouza »

hanumadu wrote:
Dr Sachin Reddy

@snsachinnandu

This is from Karnataka Election Commission Website - https://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/
Last edited by ramana on 18 Apr 2019 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited. No need to quote whole post for asking a question ramana
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

Or it could just be that Milind Deora is a stronger/preferred local candidate vs Arvind Sawant of Shiv Sena? I don’t know much about Milind or his late father Murli Deora but they seem to be less parasitic than is typical of the Con heritage. Open to be corrected!
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

rohanldsouza wrote:
hanumadu wrote:

This is from Karnataka Election Commission Website - https://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in/
Thanks!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Dr Praveen Patil
‏ @5Forty3
now19 minutes ago

Come see a Saffron Sea in mainland Karnataka... the mightiest shall fall by the wayside this summer!
What a story... wow! just wow!!
Its like the masses are on a path of vengeance, for not heeding to their vote a year ago!!!
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

vijayk wrote:
Chintamani
‏ @IamIconoclast

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in Karnataka is hitting Cong-JDS big time. Looks like my projection of 8/14 for BJP going to be exceeded. 3 seats of Bangalore, Mysore, South Canara, Udupi-CMR, Chitradurga, Kolar in the bag. Toss-up on Chikkaballapur, Tumkur, Mandya
Dr Sachin Reddy

@snsachinnandu
11m11 minutes ago
More
In Hoskote AC under Chikkaballapur LS, turnout at 3 pm is an astounding 66%!

This is BJP’s BN Bacchegowda’s home constituency!

Looks like, Hoskote, Yelahanka and Nelamangala alone will carry BJP across the finish line in Chikkaballapur!
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

I was at Bangalore Tuesday & Wednesday and my chauffeur for two days - typically used to foreigners - on finding me Indian started briefing me on local politics. So posting his views FWIW. He was fairly well learnt on National & International affairs.

He is a Vokkaliga Gowda from Mandya district that traditionally was a Deve Gowda bastion but he himself believes Modi to be the best bet for India.

He views H D Deve Gowda, his son and grandson as totally corrupt. He also views Siddaramaiah and Congress as corrupt. He also said local BJP leader Yeddyurappa, his "girlfriend" Shobha and his son as also corrupt and BJP would have fared better in Karnataka assembly elections if Yeddyurappa was not there.

He said BJP should promote two leaders - a young man from Mysore - and another young man from South Bangalore - as leaders for Karnataka. Unfortunately I forgot their names but both are standing for Lok Sabha polls.

He said the best CM Karnataka had in recent times was S M Krishna and he has now joined BJP. He said S M Krishna should have been used by BJP as a father figure for Karnataka as he commands a lot of undercurrents of goodwill among the people.

He was lamenting BJP isnt playing its cards well in Karnataka.

Anyways all this was stuck-in-traffic-conversation.

While we were at Yemalur next to HAL Tejas Division, a Tejas two seater flew right over my car while landing. Beautiful curves!
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Dumal wrote:Or it could just be that Milind Deora is a stronger/preferred local candidate vs Arvind Sawant of Shiv Sena? I don’t know much about Milind or his late father Murli Deora but they seem to be less parasitic than is typical of the Con heritage. Open to be corrected!
But they are still congressi. How far he can go from original party ideology of milking India.
Murli Deora, Daddy of Milind was the money banks for Congress from Mumbai and would collect money for congress from Corporates. They are more sophisticated parasites no err.. Leeches.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

tsarkar wrote:I was at Bangalore Tuesday & Wednesday and my chauffeur for two days - typically used to foreigners - on finding me Indian started briefing me on local politics. So posting his views FWIW. He was fairly well learnt on National & International affairs.

He is a Vokkaliga Gowda from Mandya district that traditionally was a Deve Gowda bastion but he himself believes Modi to be the best bet for India.

He views H D Deve Gowda, his son and grandson as totally corrupt. He also views Siddaramaiah and Congress as corrupt. He also said local BJP leader Yeddyurappa, his "girlfriend" Shobha and his son as also corrupt and BJP would have fared better in Karnataka assembly elections if Yeddyurappa was not there.

He said BJP should promote two leaders - a young man from Mysore - and another young man from South Bangalore - as leaders for Karnataka. Unfortunately I forgot their names but both are standing for Lok Sabha polls.

The young leader from South Bangalore is Surya who is firebrand and very impressive young lad. We should hear about him a lot in near future.
As far BSY, He is almost done with leadership position in BJP. He had his chances like LKA but unfortunately could not take BJP across the line. No doubt he built BJP in KA from scratch, so must be shown gratitude and respect for his sweat and blood.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

The whole CON/CIA/ISI/NYT/WaPo and corrupt scum media has been bringing in venom on Sadhvi's nomination in Bhopal. Has she been acquitted? Is this necessary? Will the full hatred by MSM impact middle class voting?

How is it going to impact this in UP/MP/RJ?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Lifelong CPM Voters Switch To BJP In West Bengal; Say Voting For Communists Is A Waste
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/lifelong- ... is-a-waste
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

SHAYAN S

@bendakaaluru
Follow Follow @bendakaaluru
More
@snsachinnandu - as per EC Karnataka portal, Narasimharaja in Mysore PC is clocking the lowest.. Isn't this represented by Tanveer Sait?
Dr Sachin Reddy

@snsachinnandu
44m44 minutes ago
More
Dr Sachin Reddy Retweeted SHAYAN S
Across the board, minority areas have had poor to very poor turnout! Narasimharaj is no exception!Dr Sachin Reddy added,
Now why is this?
Possible explanations:
0. There is no truth to the statement
1. Muslim women are not being allowed to vote
2. Not much cash distribution this time, so people are not too eager, even if it is for quom.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Dr Praveen Patil

@5Forty3
Following Following @5Forty3
More
Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the latest addition to the USHV spectrum - the Vokkaligas of Karnataka!

Set aside the 2019 elections for a moment and simply visualize this spectrum of USHV... when was the last time in history that Hindus were so strongly united?!
Just hope he turns out to be true this time.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dumal wrote:Or it could just be that Milind Deora is a stronger/preferred local candidate vs Arvind Sawant of Shiv Sena? I don’t know much about Milind or his late father Murli Deora but they seem to be less parasitic than is typical of the Con heritage. Open to be corrected!
south bombay is the local lootyens equivalent and it functions in exactly the same way. Entitled, inbred, grasping, parasitic and above all, shamelessly freeloading. moneyed pakis congregate in dilli, bombay and hyderabad and make benami investments in India. Huge "enemy" properties exist in UP and that's why the congis never got the enemy property act going for 70 odd years.

BTW, the pakis already grabbed, legally, all the property left behind by the Hindus in pakiland but the pakis through the lootyens gang managed to stall the implementation of a similar law in India UNTIL Modi came along and tore them a new one.

Milind (as was his late father Murli Deora) is a card carrying south bombay member with deep ties to the dilli lootyens and Indians abroad adharmic gangs, able to mobilize large sums of money, influence and dispense favors.
Last edited by chetak on 18 Apr 2019 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Panindra

@panindra_k_r
Follow Follow @panindra_k_r
More
Replying to @5Forty3
Low turn out in minority areas in bangalore , like BTM layout, Vijaynagar, Shivajinagar etc .. You said Low Minority turn out in UP too.. Same thing bangalore .. What could be the reason ?

Guys, don't get your hopes up, but posting as a data point.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

vijayk wrote:The whole CON/CIA/ISI/NYT/WaPo and corrupt scum media has been bringing in venom on Sadhvi's nomination in Bhopal. Has she been acquitted? Is this necessary? Will the full hatred by MSM impact middle class voting?

How is it going to impact this in UP/MP/RJ?
She was discharged in the Malegaon blast case as the case was based on evidence by key witnesses who retracted their confession on the plea that it was obtained under coercion. So the case against her literally fell apart. But the case additionally filed against her under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act at that time, still stands as the retraction by witnesses in the Malegaon blast case had no bearing on this case. Now this law passed in the wake of Chinese aggression in 62 was to make any demand for secession of any part of India as a criminal offence. It was aimed primarily at DMK which had until then been demanding a Dravida Nadu. Now whatever you can accuse Sadhvi Pragya of breaking up India cannot certainly be one. So there it is. It is ridiculous. But the legal process must be gone through. As to whether it can affect BJP's chances, I am not familiar with the politics of UP or MP or Rajasthan.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

in my area off ORR in east blr, the 7-9AM period was the busiest as anyone who could run walk or crawl came to cast vote. did not see anyone from the nearby village at the booth which was a govt school. i had to stand in line 1 hr. 100% of line was upper middle class typical east blr apt dwellers.

among the 100s of people I could spot one potential AAP/commie type.
VikramA
BRFite

Post by VikramA »

Any info on turnout in polls in j&k
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Singha wrote:in my area off ORR in east blr, the 7-9AM period was the busiest as anyone who could run walk or crawl came to cast vote. did not see anyone from the nearby village at the booth which was a govt school. i had to stand in line 1 hr. 100% of line was upper middle class typical east blr apt dwellers.

among the 100s of people I could spot one potential AAP/commie type.
Always go between 1400 to 1430 hours. Lunchtime for everyone and the booths are empty of voters but the booth staff is always present in full strength.

I have been doing this for years and have never waited beyond a few minutes. Today I was the only one and with nil wait time as usual, and a couple of others walked in after much after I had finished voting.

At around 1500 hrs, the evening group of voters will start to come in and the rush slowly builds up again but nothing like the morning rush.
Last edited by chetak on 18 Apr 2019 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

BJP will win Jammu-Poonch and Udhampur. Will lose in all 3 seats in Kashmir. Laddakh can go either way. BTW, Jammu-Poonch should be split in to two.
Singha wrote: among the 100s of people I could spot one potential AAP/commie type.
How do you spot one
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Sir how are things coming up in TN, the voting % seems to be less than last time
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

Any association with the ambani is not good for votes...openly that is !.. do you think the pak cricketer is fond of modi ? :mrgreen: :((
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

This Ambani Adani rhetoric is pure BS, Dhirubhai AMbani made his money when businesses were suppressed in India, His capital could have come only from MNC, thats why he met Rajiv Gandhi saying your inheritence is with me.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Terrible news coming in from WB. Another BJP worker has been hanged to death. There is widespread violence and intimidation by TMC goonda bahini. I hope if BJP comes to power in 2021 the first thing they should do in WB is what Yogi did to the SP-BSP goons in UP i.e. encounter them. There is no other option.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Dr BB's constituency-wise tracker is back for KA (not in the other states so far). It looks like a NDA sweep in KA (including the independent in Mandya). Only a couple of seats in which UPA is leading. If this is the situation in south KA, one can imagine what north KA will be like. One also hopes the sentiment spills over into areas of north KL too.

"MGB" is being hammered in UP with united Hindu votes and low "green" turnout.

WB and OR continue to report amazing gains for NDA.

TN seems a bit of a toss-up right now. If NDA can pull off 10-15 seats it would be OK to "declare victory" for 2019 in TN.

No news on MH, BH, and the Northeast yet.

On a macro-level...NDA seems to be taking over the "undecided voter" space (more than 15% were undecided before the election) and its vote share is now over 40%. If this trend continues then 2019 will be probably even more of a mandate than 2014.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Aditya_V wrote:
This Ambani Adani rhetoric is pure BS, Dhirubhai AMbani made his money when businesses were suppressed in India, His capital could have come only from MNC, thats why he met Rajiv Gandhi saying your inheritence is with me.
At least one son has taken to heart the environment management techniques refined and perfected by their father Dhirubhai Ambani and personally taught to them.

The other one I think was sleeping when Dhirubhai Ambani was teaching them.

mota bhai is simply hedging his bets and covering his bases while the chota bhai seems to have reached the langote unraveling stage.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chintamani
‏ @IamIconoclast

#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in What is happening in Karnataka? My teams are giving unbelievable reports. Is 10/14 for BJP and 1 for supported independent even thinkable in this phase. I am holding my projections till I verify everything