2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vsunder
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by vsunder »

Supratik wrote:This is in Bengali and unknown channel to me. Their survey (seat by seat) is saying BJP 20, TMC 18, INC 3, Left 1 in WB. I don't expect the left to win any seat. They are giving both seats to BJP in phase 1 with comfortable margins.

https://youtu.be/wl6xsUhfY2E
Comments are very interesting. It seems, since I would suppose young people write comments, that there is a sizeable young population that wants change and has voted accordingly. Most of the comment writers seem to agree with the predictions.
I cannot read Bengali script anymore but the spoken Bengali is at a level that is easy for me to follow.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vijayk, What value does your rumor provide? Why post that here?
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

ramana wrote:Vijayk, What value does your rumor provide? Why post that here?
There is a lot of rhona dhona on EVMs and electoral process by opposition.

Naidu is going to EC to keep complaining.

If BJP wins, I think this will be a serious propaganda by left and international media.

Is there any possibility of officers colluding with one party/other or the process very transparent?

I was not trying to put any aspersions on electoral process. This is constant whining I am hearing from AP folks.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/04/chandra ... evm-theft/
Chandrababu Naidu’s ‘EVM expert’ was arrested in 2010 for ‘EVM theft’

Naidu had alleged that 30 to 40 per cent of voting machines in his state did not work properly on Thursday, during the first phase of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.opindia.com/2019/04/75-year ... amil-nadu/
75-year-old Narendra Modi fan killed by Congress-DMK supporter in Tamil Nadu
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Naidu is losing and blaming EVMs. His expert got thrown out by EC.
BTW he was getting Jagan voters deleted from electoral rolls. No need to give credence to his bleats.

Where is the chance of officials colluding when most of them.are Naidu appointees?
Some credibility has to be there for allegations.
Best thing ever was both AP and TG done in Phase I.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

After multiple warnings given by ramana saar about not talking about AP elections, we still end up talking about AP elections :) I think this will only change after 2nd phase is done and we have new areas to talk about.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

KJo wrote:
arshyam wrote:^^ Let's see saar. Anti-Hindu agitations will only polarize in the current climate. There is not much of an anti-Hindi issue and even if manufactured, will appear a bit contrived given 3 days left for the election. Modi is careful to speak in English these days when campaigning in the south for this very reason.
This anti-Hindi thing appears to be just in TN. He recently spoke in Mysore and asked the crowd if "Hindi chalega?" and the crowd roared in approval. If you love Modi, you don't care what language he speaks in.
And not understand a word of what he says? Come on... :lol:

Each place has its own dynamics, no point trying to make everything the same. Not everything is about Hindi or anti-Hindi. There are some practical issues like the translator being available should be conversant in both languages, etc. Even with English, we saw what happened to Rahul's speech :).

And btw, this is how things get manufactured leading to outrage, when there was nothing to begin with. My last on this.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

@Kakkaji: Gulbarga from where Kharge stands was a center of a Sultanate so it has its dynamics. For sure this time it will not be easy from what I read. His son or some progeny is also in the fray. This one time railway minister did bugger all. There was a long standing demand to connect Bidar(another Deccan sultanate capital) with Gulbarga. Project crawled and crawled. There was a tunnel to be made. Finally done and Modi went to inaugurate it and was received very enthusiastically to flag off the new train 2 years ago. Kharge was miffed and did not show up as he claimed he was not invited properly. But people are people. Now they want a Gulbarga railway division and are upset that Vizag is made a zone. Inner Pakistaniyat came out and Gulbargans at least some issued an order to boycott 2019 Republic day celebrations. Man what sort of people are this, equating denial of a railway division much less a zone to the formation of a republic. That is what I mean, the dole mentality is strong. I believe though Gulbarga will not be easy for Kharge to crack this time. Bidar by the way is referred to as Vaiduryanagari in the Guru Charitra and the Sultan also has a story associated to him.

North Karnataka has benefited a lot from Modi, steel plants, a super thermal station at Kudgi between Solapur and Gadag, and cement plants etc. Doubling of the Gadag-Solapur line was sanctioned in 2015 and NTPC paid some of the costs, now about 115 km of the line between Gadag-Bijapur(Vijayapura)- Solapur doubling is commissioned, it was done really quickly. This will facilitate coal rakes to move quickly from Telangana collieries (Singareni) to Kudgi super thermal plant. This is dry country as Cain Marko remarked and little or zero industries except sugar mills and that too near Kurduwadi, Baramati. Otherwise subsistence farming and pilgrimage sites associated with varkari sampradaya, Pandharpur and Dattrateya sampradaya which allows some people to eke out a living. The social conditions seem unchanged since the Guru Charitra and other accounts. I last traveled in these parts 9 years ago and was struck with the destitution I saw. It is such conditions that drive people to Bangalore and other metropolises.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

arshyam wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Shyam, I saw your post in some thread here or in SSC about various projects Modi govt undertook in TN, would it be possible for you to re-post or re-consolidate here. There are handful of dharmics in my circle brainwashed by TN memes media who can be persuaded to look at the correct picture. Having those data points will be handy.
This one, about railways in the south? https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost ... count=3550. It was a 2017 post, so many of these projects are now completed. vsunder saar has posted more details in the Railways thread recently. That is more up to date.

On BRF, this is what I could find, about road projects around Chennai: viewtopic.php?p=2272195#p2272195

This is not me, but from another poster on SSC who collated all the road projects going on in TN. It's a long list. The CG funded ones are called out as well: https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost ... count=5327
These will help, thanks.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

https://twitter.com/prasannavishy/statu ... 4361175040
In 2015,20 Tamil woodcutters were encountered by Andhra cops claiming that they were smugglers, Dravidian/Tamil nationalists were abusing CBN/Telugus. 2 years later CBN turned against Modi, he became an overnight hero. Nowhere u will find so many unscrupulous propagandist frauds
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

^^^ Some railway projects

1. Kollam(Kerala)-Sengottai (TN) over the Western ghats re-gauging completed and commissioned after 10 years once the MG tracks were uprooted. An important lifeline.

2. Podanur-Pollachi re-gauging after 5 years of neglect, simplified scores of commuters lives to CBE.

3. Salem-Karur-Dindigul electrification commissioned.

4. Erode-Trichy electrification commissioned.

5. Takkolam-Arakkonam electrifcation completed after 10 years of red tape and fights between DOD and IR. Line is being commissioned right now. Services have been severely disrupted at Arrakonam and trains cancelled or delayed. Commissioning will take place Tuesday after traffic blocks for last 3 days. Railway Board now has sanctioned from October circular commuter trains from Chennai, Chinglepet-Arrakonam-Chennai and the other direction.

6. Thanjavur-Trichy doubling and electrification commissioned.

7. Villupuram-Trichy-Dindigul-Madurai doubled and electrified commissioned and Tejas coaches also launched.

8. Trivandrum-Nagercoil-Kanniyakumari doubling in progress.

9. Madurai-Theni-Bodinayakur gauge conversion in progress, track linking done between Madurai-Usilampatti.

10. Madurai-Nagercoil doubling in fast progress, many bridges are up and earthworks in advanced stages.

11. Arshyam has already mentioned, 4th line and ETCS-level 1 train control on Basin bridge-Arakkonam section and improvements at Basin Bridge for suburban services.

12. Third and Fourth lines between MAS central and Kazipet, many videos posted on IR thread about the speed of earthworks. Arshyam could fill in the details between Tiruvottiyur and Paunch city, Tondiarpet( Me just joking I know the origin but Paunch city sounds nicer, Thondi)

13. A long languishing project now finished Thiruvarur-Karaikudi-Agastiampalli re-gauging done. These projects in the Delta are important to move rice for local business people.

14. Tambaram as 3rd terminal for Chennai, in progress.

Aur kitna chahta hai, how many more do you want? Eeerege yet bodu(Tulu),

I suppose you only wanted TN, not Kannadiga land and Mallustan and that AP and
Telangana is khalas so not needed.

15. Could not resist: Laying of additional lines (2) at Buttermilk market for travel towards Basin Bridge and onwards, Moore Market. Dont you ever believe it that Moore market was named after a Paarangi, they sold buttermilk there so Moore market.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1117442947593666560 Joke on MGB
Please RT/spread this on FB/Whatsapp
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Modi should learn Tamil (and perhaps Malayalam) for next elections.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

vsunder wrote:12. Third and Fourth lines between MAS central and Kazipet, many videos posted on IR thread about the speed of earthworks. Arshyam could fill in the details between Tiruvottiyur and Paunch city, Tondiarpet( Me just joking I know the origin but Paunch city sounds nicer, Thondi)
The 3rd and 4th tracks are complete between Athipattu and Tondiarpet (nice play there, vsunder sir :), always thought of it as "thandiaarpettai", the way it is pronounced, and never thought of modifying it to "thondhiyaarpet" like you did). This includes the bridge over the Ennore creek.

Athipattu is beyond Ennore, near the thermal plants and the point where the tracks to Ennore and Kattupalli ports branch off.

Of the remaining portion between Tondiarpet and Beach, the track works are mostly done up to Royapuram, and the final works are going on between RPM and Beach. The latter section is where they needed land from the port, which had been languishing for a long time, and expedited only recently. The port moved their compound wall inwards so the work could proceed. Another interesting thing in this section is under the old Mint arch-bridge near Washermanpet - since the arch does not allow enough height clearance for two tracks on the level, SR has the taken the tracks lower to get the same clearance without disturbing the structure. Other pending works will be to clear some space near the 4th track near WST - there is some ingress too close to the permanent way. These observations are my own, from around 4 months ago, hopefully there's been more progress by now. Not more than 3 months away, I'd wager.

Once finished, Chennai port will have a set of 4 tracks each radiating toward Arakkonam, Ennore and Tambaram. Good for logistics.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

hanumadu wrote:Modi should learn Tamil (and perhaps Malayalam) for next elections.
Nodi, Nodi Kannada (without notes too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4OC0TYgbHY

:D

In Kanpuriya, Modi bahut bada bakait aur Bhaukali hai.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

hanumadu wrote:Modi should learn Tamil (and perhaps Malayalam) for next elections.
Kannada also? Or hey wait, why don't the Tamils living in Bangalore learn Kannada first?
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Guys, let's not get into language debate here. Defeats the purpose, and BTW the man is 67 years old and PM of India, asking him to learn new languages now is not fair.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

kvraghav wrote:
Kannada also? Or hey wait, why don't the Tamils living in Bangalore learn Kannada first?
Er, maybe because most people in Bangalore don't speak Kannada? (It's the sad reality - ask any BMTC bus conductor especially in the posh 'IT' areas - Hindi is now the ruling language. But keep on bashing Tamil). And for the record, I am Tamil and can speak decent Kannada thanks to my own efforts in learning the language after I moved here. I know a few Tamil and Telugu colleagues who have done the same, but agree that most of them (not just Tamil) don't bother. Speaking for myself, I believe one needs to learn the local language if insisting on living there, be it Bangalore, Kolkata or Rajkot.

OTOH, one of my Tamil colleagues can manage some Kannada, but he moved to a new place where only Hindi is available. So he is now learning Hindi to live in namma Bengaluru :lol:.

@KJo saar, see what you did? :mrgreen:
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

savvyasaachi is very hopeful about phase 2. Fingers crossed.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

arshyam wrote:
kvraghav wrote: Kannada also? Or hey wait, why don't the Tamils living in Bangalore learn Kannada first?
Er, maybe because most people in Bangalore don't speak Kannada? (It's the sad reality - ask any BMTC bus conductor especially in the posh 'IT' areas - Hindi is now the ruling language. But keep on bashing Tamil). And for the record, I am Tamil and can speak decent Kannada thanks to my own efforts in learning the language after I moved here. I know a few Tamil and Telugu colleagues who have done the same, but agree that most of them (not just Tamil) don't bother. Speaking for myself, I believe one needs to learn the local language if insisting on living there, be it Bangalore, Kolkata or Rajkot.

OTOH, one of my Tamil colleagues can manage some Kannada, but he moved to a new place where only Hindi is available. So he is now learning Hindi to live in namma Bengaluru :lol:.

@KJo saar, see what you did? :mrgreen:
There is more to Bangalore than just the Posh IT areas. The Tamil is usually the most targeted language even though there are equal number of Malayalam or telugu speaking people. I feel this is because there is a general feeling that in TN, Tamil in enforced on everybody and blaming Hindi seems to be a new trend.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

NO MORE about Bangalore, Kannada, Tamil and Hindi .

Warnings and bans will be issued to those who don’t follow.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Chowkidar Squinty
@squintneon
Follow Follow @squintneon
22 out of 37 candidates of Samajwadi party in UP is from Akhilesh Family

When it comes to nepotism... Akhilesh Yadav is basically the Karan Johar of Politics

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

if you look at the great trading and tech cities of the world, its usually the most mongrellish of the lot, not particularly dominated by one culture or set of ideas, where newbies can easily crawl into the cracks that tend to last long and prosper.

london, nyc, hk, singapore, istanbul & beirut(at one time), sfo , dilli ncr....

in its own muddled way, blr is also a mongrel city where no one set of big dawgs impose "total peace" ....

compare the blr BBMP budget and ways of working with any of the cities on the chart here.
being a "agile" mongrel is the only thing in our favour :)
rest of them have massive budgets and special sponsor direct from PMs offices.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 842203.cms?

so lets not lament too much the death or atleast less importance of purity and "total peace of old".

the future is hybrid - both in marriages and wars :twisted:

even madras that ancient and icon of a puritan city is rapidly transforming with influx of people from all over. its quite easy to get paneer butter masala and chicken manchurian there now.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Swapan Dasgupta

Verified account
@swapan55
Apr 10
More
There is a clear pattern emerging from the two constituencies in W. Bengal. Peaceful polling in booth where para military forces have been deployed and tension & intimidation where state police is the only force. In the latter, non-TMC agents have been driven out & so have voters
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

@swapan55
Follow Follow @swapan55
More Swapan Dasgupta Retweeted News18.com

This is certainly innovative. A caste-based levy. A new variant of jaziya

@news18dotcom
The Samajwadi Party has announced to levy tax of 2% on the upper caste elites whose total wealth of household is more than Rs 2.5 crore, after coming to power, reports @qazifarazahmad .

5:47 PM - 5 Apr 2019
gauravsh
BRFite

Post by gauravsh »

Singha wrote:Swapan Dasgupta

Verified account
@swapan55
Apr 10
More
There is a clear pattern emerging from the two constituencies in W. Bengal. Peaceful polling in booth where para military forces have been deployed and tension & intimidation where state police is the only force. In the latter, non-TMC agents have been driven out & so have voters
In polling stations isn't the norm that local police is stationed only on the outer perimeter of the booth. Central forces maintain the internal circle ? But i believe that is decided by the DM as to which polling stations will have what king of forces.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

In cooch behar central forces were only in 40 of 100 locations

So poll officials, tmc goons and local police had a free run in the other 60
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

What's the point of having voting on all days and not providing adequate security in all booths? Voting was spread specifically to stop any rigging. Looks like an useless exercise.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/ModifiedSKP/status/ ... 2215116801

Read this whole tread

A must read

Jallianwala Bagh - Why Indians fired on Indians
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://twitter.com/kalyanchaubey/statu ... 1707047936
Chowkidar Kalyan Chaubey

Verified account

@kalyanchaubey

#Shocking: Bangladeshi Star Ferdous is Campaigning for TMC in North Dinajpur, West Bengal.

I have never heard this before. It seems the party doesn’t have an Indian star for canvassing. Tomorrow, @MamataOfficial will invite Imran Khan to campaign for the TMC. We condemn this!
ani_sharma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ani_sharma »

This video sums up UP Muslim vote bank in a very precise manner.

https://youtu.be/C8_dUk3PNOI
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Normally TN parties will give decisive mandates. I am not sure it will be different this time around. In any event, we are having a whole new situation in TN and all reticulations may be hit for a six in the end.
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... m-5676214/

looks like God is also involved in Indian politics .. :mrgreen: ..
kit
BRF Oldie

Post by kit »

vijayk wrote:https://twitter.com/kalyanchaubey/statu ... 1707047936
Chowkidar Kalyan Chaubey

Verified account

@kalyanchaubey

#Shocking: Bangladeshi Star Ferdous is Campaigning for TMC in North Dinajpur, West Bengal.

I have never heard this before. It seems the party doesn’t have an Indian star for canvassing. Tomorrow, @MamataOfficial will invite Imran Khan to campaign for the TMC. We condemn this!
someone call her "import didi" please .. how is she different from Sonia now !!
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

kit wrote:https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... m-5676214/

looks like God is also involved in Indian politics .. :mrgreen: ..
Reminds me of the incident of a ceiling fan falling on Laloo's head in 2014 (a case of the fan hitting the $hyte rather than the other way round). :rotfl:
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

vijayk wrote:https://www.opindia.com/2019/04/75-year ... amil-nadu/
75-year-old Narendra Modi fan killed by Congress-DMK supporter in Tamil Nadu
This person was quite vocal on WA video a few months ago against the agenda of various anti-Sterlite groups & had called them out for their subversion of national interest. Will link the video from Twitter if I manage to trace it. Edit: IIRC this gentleman was a fruit vendor selling guavas.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

vijayk wrote:https://twitter.com/ModifiedSKP/status/ ... 2215116801

Read this whole tread

A must read

Jallianwala Bagh - Why Indians fired on Indians
VijayK'ji, answering the question is complex and cannot be packaged into twitter feeds. What the author "ModifiedSKP" does is just do rona-dhona and spread the same stereotypes about Indians and the tropes propagated by west. Either he is naive and spouting nonsense or just totally ignorant about deep underlying causes. Hence take his analysis with a whole tonne of salt.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jail this creep, cancel his visa and permanently ban his entry into India.

West Bengal: Bangladeshi Actor Ferdous Ahmed Campaigns For TMC Candidate; Appeals People To Vote For Mamata

West Bengal: Bangladeshi Actor Ferdous Ahmed Campaigns For TMC Candidate; Appeals People To Vote For Mamata

Apr 15 2019,

Popular Bangladeshi actor Ferdous Ahmed was seen campaigning for Trinamool Lok Sabha candidate from Raigunj, Kanhaiyalal Agarwal, Zee News has reported.

During a campaign road show on Sunday (14 April), Ahmed was accompanied by Tollywood actors Ankush and Payal. The road show was conducted between Karandighi and Islampur.

During the road show, Ahmed appealed to people to vote for Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool.

“All should vote for the Trinamool Congress. All should vote for didi”, he was heard as saying.

BJP as a result complained to the Election Commission alleging violation of the Model Code of Conduct by Trinamool for getting a foreign national to campaign for itself. It also alleged that Mamata’s party was trying to consolidate minority votes with the help of Ahmed.

“This is illegal. This is a violation of the MCC. This proves Trinamool Congress' love for Bangladeshis. They want to consolidate minority votes in this constituency by inviting Bangladeshi actors to campaign for them”, alleged BJP.

Trinamool meanwhile has maintained that it has done nothing wrong.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

chetak wrote:Jail this creep, cancel his visa and permanently ban his entry into India.
Is there a site to inform ECI of model code of conduct violations ? Also, does anyone know the home ministry contact information to inform them of visa misuse ? It's been used before to whistleblow on EJs .
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Suraj wrote:
chetak wrote:Jail this creep, cancel his visa and permanently ban his entry into India.
Is there a site to inform ECI of model code of conduct violations ? Also, does anyone know the home ministry contact information to inform them of visa misuse ? It's been used before to whistleblow on EJs .
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l&hl=en_IN

App created by ECI - upload videos or news clippings too