2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

KJo wrote:
krisna wrote:https://twitter.com/i/status/1125049649050468359

video of Rajiv G saying when tree falls etc .
please spread it.
This is just fake outrage.
Rajiv was just saying that when an important personality dies, there are large impacts. Just like when a big tree falls, the earth shakes. This is 401% true. How this is a "justification" of any riots, Allah only knows. Does anyone here really believe that Rajiv was saying "accha hua, mar gaye!" to the riots that happened when he himself was PM?

KJo, I am banning you for three weeks form making such a crass post.

---added later/
Forum does not allow three week ban.
So banned for 2 weeks.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

hanumadu wrote:https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 076_1.html
The conservative forecast by Ram Madhav, the Bharatiya Janata Party’s national general secretary, is just short of a clear majority in the 543-seat parliament, and is far below what other party leaders including finance minister Arun Jaitley and party president Amit Shah have publicly claimed.

"If we get 271 seats on our own, we will be very happy," Madhav said in an interview with Bloomberg News Editor-in-Chief John Micklethwait in New Delhi on Saturday. "With NDA we will have a comfortable majority," he said referring to the National Democratic Alliance.
Someone among has has contacted RM and he said he was misquoted.
BJP HQ is looking at comfortable 285 or better.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

He was misquoted. He explicitly said at a very conservative estimate 271.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

khatvaanga wrote:
Sachin wrote:PP's optimism actually worries me. I have been reading through all his analysis; and as per that the "seculars" have just rolled down and died. I cannot believe that!
that does seem to be the story of this election. Not just in UP but else where too voting percentages are down in peaceful majority booths. I have a couple of theories but that wont explain why this is happening now or why this is happening across india.
what are those theories?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

jamwal wrote:Ask your older family members who lived through that era for proof. There are quite a few members ere who experienced the terror firsthand. People in my circles still tell stories of being afraid of answering the door. Letting crops dry because of fear, not going out to buy household essentials because of threats and worse.
I lived through that era. IIRC I am older than you are. I understand that era was horrible, especially for Hindu's who were selectively targeted by murderous Khalistanis. That was not my point of contention.

I was asking for specific proof regarding hundreds of soldiers deserting en masse and there being pitched battles as a result - both together. That, to put it mildly, was wrong.
Hundreds of sikh soldiers deserted army after Blue Star. I have ex-servicemen in extended family who took part in operations meant to arrest or put them down. A very large number of these were intercepted while on their way to civilian areas with weapons or on way to ransack armouries in parts of Punjab, Haryana and J&K. Most were not taken back. A significant number crossed border to Pakistan. There were incidents of firing reported in many border areas where acquaintances lived. No idea about NYT or other foreign reporting.
Your information in bold, is wrong and repeats lurid rumors common at the time. Let me state the real facts below as IA noted:

https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/spec ... 1990-05-15
Baljit was one of about 2,800 Sikh troops involved in incidents of collective insubordination and desertion after Operation Bluestar. The units involved were Sikh Regimental Centre, 3 Sikh, 8 Sikh, 9 Sikh, 18 Sikh, 14 Punjab, 166 Mountain Regiment, 171 Field Regiment, and 196 Field Regiment.

The initial reaction of the authorities was one of alarm. But later, recognising that the desertions were mainly a heat-of-the-moment decision, the Government toned down the harsh measures planned, and even announced rehabilitation measures.

The most far-reaching rehabilitation measure was taken by Army Headquarters itself when it decided to retain about 2,300 of the deserters in the army, after a spell in military prisons
I studied in a sikh majority college. They had bhindrawale posters inside college premises, long after 80s-90s. I was not aware of this issue back then and didn't care much at the time because most of my closest friends at that time were sikhs and they seemed OK. If you go to sikh majority areas in places like Poonch, you'll see posters of khalistanis even on houses.
And how much of that is that due to the fact that incidents like the 1984 anti-Sikh riots occurred? Point is Bhindranwale was given legitimacy by the anti Sikh riots in 1984.
Terrorism in any community can not take roots unless there is a silent support base. only about 1-2% is brave/brainwashed enough to take up a gun. They are influenced by 20-25% of vocal radicals who again are tolerated by the rest for something like khalistani or islamic terrorism to fester. In this case, number of silent supporters was not as much and there were enough sikhs who hated khalistanis, so this movement petered out.
Precisely. So why do you keep bringing in the antics of a few Khalistanis into every topic about Sikhs?
I absolutely hate the riots after Indira's killing. But these wannabe SJWs who cry copious tears for sikhs killed then but ignore the atrocities committed on Hindus just make me :roll: If you have to criticise Congress, why not criticise them for propping up bhindrawale in first place ? You are just playing in to victim complex of sikhs who lie about all the atrocities which they mostly ignored and playing in to one sided propaganda in which only one side is angelic victim.
Who exactly has done that *here* and why are you bringing up this issue of wannabe SJWs etc on *this forum*? Who ignored the Congress's dubious antics in propping up Bhindranwale? AFAIK, nobody has behaved like that here.
Yes, innocent sikhs died . It absolutely didn't have to happen and guilty should be punished severely. But don't drink too much of this sikh victimhood koolaid. Since then, they have been voting for congress and actually blaming RSS, Hindus for riots. One Khushwant acknowledges how RSS and other Hindu groups helped Sikhs and he is declared a sell out by these haters. By putting too much emphasis on the 1984 riots and not the events leading up to it, you are just playing for the gallery not a good actual cause.
You are contradicting yourself here and coming across as somebody who is actually pushing the case that the riots were justified.

What exactly does putting too much emphasis on the 1984 riots mean? They were manufactured riots, period. If they represented Hindu rage, they should have happened much earlier. And much later as well, repeatedly. 1990-1991 were bloody years.

If Sikhs were merely voting for Congress and blaming RSS/ Hindus for riots then there would be no SAD or BJP alliance in Punjab, let alone winning votes there. In 1990-1991, which "unambiguously belonged to the terrorists" in SATPs words, 5058 civilians were killed (same as 1978-1989). 70% of these were Sikhs themselves.

First, go back and check your posts. They are beginning to come across as completely biased. Moment somebody mentions something about Sikhs, you jump in and start only mentioning Khalistanis and their hatred for Hindus. We get it. But the impression one gets from your posts, is ALL Sikhs = Khalistanis which as you yourselves admit somewhere in the middle of your post, is not the case.

Second, most of us have seen various forms of riots, terrors, and experienced the usual "Indian experience" in one form or the other. We also look at data. The data at satp.org clearly brings out the fear and despair seen by Hindus apart, and the executions of Hindu bus passengers etc, the majority of casualties swung to the Sikh side, especially those who stood up against the terror. It is then wrong to put it mildly to state the insurgency was only anti-Hindu when it was anti-Sikh as well, implying many Sikh moderates stood up with Hindus, against Sikh supremacists and that was made them targets.

Third, your repeated posting on Khalistani propaganda and posts dwelling only on that, and then making provocative replies about "koolaid" and "playing to the gallery" are neither required nor appreciated. And stay off the personal insinuations "dont drink too much koolaid" "you are playing to the gallery and not an actual good cause". You have been a long time poster, and we expect better.

Anyone else who posted the above would have received a warning. I am not doing so assuming the "you" and "koolaid" and "playing to the gallery" comments were directed at those whom you meet online and not me or others on the forum.

Also, with Ramana's note below - no more posts on this issue. Consider what I have said, and temper your posts going forward.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Primus wrote:
abhijitm wrote: His and overall congress attitude was very casual about 83 riots. Its not like "achha hua mar gaye" it was "hamari PM mar gayi toh unhe bhi marna hi tha" (they killed our PM so obviously few of them will die". Take that statement in that context.
Was in Delhi during those terrible days. Remember the constant chanting of 'khoon ka badla khoon se lenge' whenever they showed IG's body lying in State on TV with the people filing past to pay their last respects. Large areas of the Capital were totally run over by gangs of goons looting and pillaging, murdering Sikhs wherever they were. In many of the neighborhoods including ours the locals organized watches at night to patrol the streets and protect the Sikhs who were often hiding in their neighbor's homes. In poorer jhuggi-jhonpdi colonies there was open massacre of Sikhs all night long, we could hear the cries at night from behind our home where one such colony was. Rumors were that gangs of muslims from UP were brought into Delhi in trucks to carry out the killings. HKL Bhagat and Lalit Maken (later assassinated for his role) were said to be instrumental in inciting the mobs.

All of it could have been prevented by the INC leaders if they had wanted to do so. However, the mood was one of revenge, sadly and the Sikhs paid a huge price for it. Everyone around felt outraged and the common thinking was that nothing should happen to Rajiv Gandhi, for not a single Sikh would be left alive then. Remember voting for him subsequently and thinking this is one honest man, a good leader for the nation after all the turmoil of the past few years. Boy was I wrong!
I was in primary school in Calcutta. Still remember the day. My grandmother who never left home alone came to pick me up. On the way back in the back lanes of Bowbazar our taxi got stuck. Just in front of mY eyes they were beating up an old Sardarji taxi driver. My grandmother shielded my eyes.

That night my grandfather and Dad went out after dinner and came back next morning. Only much later did we come to know that they had taken one of my grandfathers colleagues-Sikhs and driven them in an ambulance to a friend's place in the cantonment at Barrackpore (most probably- was too young).

We were so far. Yet we felt the repercussions even there. Most important was the feeling of dread.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

vijayk wrote:
khatvaanga wrote:
that does seem to be the story of this election. Not just in UP but else where too voting percentages are down in peaceful majority booths. I have a couple of theories but that wont explain why this is happening now or why this is happening across india.
what are those theories?

After 23 May. Or else its just speculation. Don't want to add FUD.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

ramana wrote:
Karan M wrote:This is not the only report of Jaitley having cancer.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/internatio ... are-cancer

First Parrikar, now him. Two of Modi GOI's strong hands.
Lets not discuss medical information.
I am actually concerned about their proximate security. Find it bizarre that 2 of the most important guys in the admin come down with rare diseases. :evil:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KaranM, I banned KJo for 2 weeks. Anyone justifying the Congress attacks on Sikhs in 1984 deserves at-least that to introspect.
Primarily as its false equivalence.
The Sikh Body guards killed Indira Gandhi.
The average Sikh in Delhi was just living there and going about their business.
They are not Khalistanis.

Please do not engage in discussion but do the needful.
ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Cancer happens to the best.
Two of my sister-in-laws died of cancer in past few years.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I notice we carry on a lot of frivolous discussions more worthy of Nukkad type threads.
I would have expected screenshots of the Voter turn out for Phase 5 by now.
Instead we have stupid remarks by habitual offenders and we get derailed.
And agony column type posts about BJP losing.
Get a grip.
Get data. RM had denied the report and no attempt was made to verify the fake news.
And abhijitm, You are along time member were your emojis deserving to be posted?
Good you edited it out.

Folks is this what you want?
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

This is a long topic and I only have this to add :

As far as SATP data is concerned, I am not sure about numbers. A majority of civilian killings were directed against Hindus and sikhs suspected to be informants. For SATP and most other foreign sources, anyone with Singh surname is a Sikh. Them and even many Indians read Singh in records like those of people imprisoned during British raaj and call those people Sikhs even when that's not the case. Bhindrawale is on video record threatening to kill 5000 Hindus if his associates were not released from custody. The pamphlets distributed and statements made in streets of Punjab at that time specifically threatened Hindus like it was done in Kashmir. Khalistani ideology is eerily similar to supremacist islamic ideology which caused partition in 1947.

If anyone thinks that 1984 riots had no support from ground and that a large section people didn't sympathise with congress at the time, they are wrong. Congress orchestrated it, but people who had to suffer khalistani terrorism were not unhappy. Innocents died and that should not have happened. They paid the price for ego and greed of sikh supremacists and congress politicians. Peaceful Hindus and Sikhs got a permanent rift between them .

Warn me, ban me whatever. I seem like a bigot. Make forum look bad. Don't care.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Folks warnings are coming if you all don’t behave according to the spirit of this thread
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Karan M wrote:
fanne wrote:Karan m that happened when kartari maharaj was leading the agitation.thousands died. Along with cows that they had braight. It happened on Gopal asthami. He had cursed congress that your progeny will also die on gopal asthmi. Do check the dates
Thanks. Found this:
https://www.quora.com/What-happened-in- ... 7-Nov-1966

Truly, life was/is cheap under the INC. 400 dead (lowball estimate) in police firing because GOI of the day wouldn't even talk to them? :roll: And we thought we kicked our overlords out and had become a democratic country run by the natives, for the natives.
:eek: I didn't know either that:
* the event happened
* that preventing cow slaughter is listed in one of the directive principles of our constitution.
Karan M wrote:We knew none of this while growing up.
Yup. Speaking just from my viewpoint and hastily projecting it, I'm sure most of us never learned about the 1954 Mauni Amavasya stampede at the first maha Kumbh Mela of Independent India. And even fewer have known about the 1966 mass shooting of those demonstrating peacefully.

I used to wonder how people in SoKo and Taiwan kept quiet about famous massacres in their dictatorship days and never sought to learn more. Turns out we have our share of the same that most of us don't know of either.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

jamwal wrote:This is a long topic and I only have this to add :

As far as SATP data is concerned, I am not sure about numbers. A majority of civilian killings were directed against Hindus and sikhs suspected to be informants. For SATP and most other foreign sources, anyone with Singh surname is a Sikh. Them and even many Indians read Singh in records like those of people imprisoned during British raaj and call those people Sikhs even when that's not the case. Bhindrawale is on video record threatening to kill 5000 Hindus if his associates were not released from custody. The pamphlets distributed and statements made in streets of Punjab at that time specifically threatened Hindus like it was done in Kashmir. Khalistani ideology is eerily similar to supremacist islamic ideology which caused partition in 1947.
SATP is an Indian website set up by KPS Gill. :roll:
If anyone thinks that 1984 riots had no support from ground and that a large section people didn't sympathise with congress at the time, they are wrong. Congress orchestrated it, but people who had to suffer khalistani terrorism were not unhappy.
Completely irrelevant. As the people who suffered Khalistani terrorism did not conduct those riots or plan them, or engage in them en masse. This is a perfect example of illogical claims taking the place of reasoned analysis.

Also completely sidesteps the issue of why riots did not occur before or even after this event, led by Hindus if indeed these riots were primarily a Hindu-Sikh one.

Unfortunately, statements like yours are what feed the Khalistani movement.
Innocents died and that should not have happened. They paid the price for ego and greed of sikh supremacists and congress politicians. Peaceful Hindus and Sikhs got a permanent rift between them .
So why all this angst to constantly portray the Punjab problem as ONLY a Hindu Sikh one?
Warn me, ban me whatever. I seem like a bigot. Make forum look bad. Don't care.
Good going. You have your ban. See you in 2 weeks.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

vijayk wrote:what are those theories?
1. They are waiting this out since by 2024 there are few additional constituencies that will be more like Wayanad or Hyderabad LS. Their impact will be felt much higher.
or
2. They have given up on this elec due to modi wave [which is evident on the ground in village after village, town after town etc].
or
3. They dont trust their women will vote 100% to Cong / Sapa+Basapa / non BJP due to TT or Ujjala or Ujjwala etc. Even a 10% drop in peaceful women will create problems for them.
Kakkaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Kakkaji »

BB EOD Report says mother and son both likely retained their seats in UP today. Rest all positive for BJP
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Sexto de Mayo.

Phayze 5, it be closed now. Prayze be to our good Lawd Ram, and may peace reign upon gawd'z green earth (a.k.a. "Ram Rajya").....till May 12, at least.

NDA has had another good day. It is headed to 340+ seats now.

Close race in Amethi and Pappu stands a good chance of losing. Easy win for Antonia in Rae Bareli.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Sachin wrote:PP's optimism actually worries me. I have been reading through all his analysis; and as per that the "seculars" have just rolled down and died. I cannot believe that!
I've stopped taking him seriously this election, because he's not really presenting detailed updates anymore, and has basically decided halfway in. Could he be right that there's overwhelming ground evidence of broadbased - particularly rural - NaMo support ? Sure, even Rana Ayyub and other worthies are reporting the groundswell, and that sort of resigned acceptance from such parties is something. On the other hand, his lack of psephological input here bothers me. He's supposed to be running a site presenting live updates on polling days, not merely writing summary articles. If he's not really doing the job I hoped he'd be doing in terms of live electoral coverage, I prefer to look at savvyasacchi or others still doing ear to the ground work are saying.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

mmasand wrote:I think BJP would have gained the moral high ground if they did not drag a dead PM into this, Vajpayee would never agree to such language and the party shouldn't either. Two wrongs do not make a right.

The opposition can throw stones at you, but don't stoop yourself to their level. Aam janta has shown us why they are the real kingmakers, a lesson well learnt after 'India Shining'. Instead the party should have gone after the street gunda language RG was using about shredding the image of the PM.
Someone in this thread mentioned Arjuna Vishada Yoga. It is a very perceptive point.

In Mahabharata war, the killing of Karna is one of the most distasteful episodes.

Lord Krishna urged Arjuna to shoot Karna while he was trying to free his chariot wheel from the mud, reminding him of all the times Karna grossly violated Dharma including participating in the stripping of Draupadi. Karna’s killing was adharmic and was one of the factors in the arrival of Kaliyuga, however the seeds of that adharmic act were sowed a long time ago.

Earnestly fighting and winning the war against dark forces has dharmic consequences—it brings darkness to the world. Lord Krishna’s mission was not to deliver a win without the price which is some darkness—an unrealistic fairytale told by Christianity—but to manage the process and mitigate the inevitable darkness.

Modi is a practicing Hindu to whom the Gita actually means something.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:Sexto de Mayo.

Phayze 5, it be closed now. Prayze be to our good Lawd Ram, and may peace reign upon gawd'z green earth (a.k.a. "Ram Rajya").....till May 12, at least.

NDA has had another good day. It is headed to 340+ seats now.

Close race in Amethi and Pappu stands a good chance of losing. Easy win for Antonia in Rae Bareli.

in rae rareli, no one has ever strongly opposed the family by putting by worthy/strong opponents.

it has always been a walk over by tacit arrangement.

wonder why
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Chintamani

@IamIconoclast
36m36 minutes ago
More Chintamani Retweeted KARAN AHUJA
#ChintamaniSpeaks #Elections2019 @Election_in The unthinkable has happened. Amethi turnout is now showing 1% higher than 2014. Salon in Raibareli district, which gave the highest lead to RaGa in 2014 has the lowest turnout. I am full of anticipation. Got to wait a little more.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

PP has become careful after the AE fiasco. I would rather he provide accurate summary than inaccurate live commentary. But if as he claims there is a wave you can go wrong only that much. In WB, TMC goon network has tightened things and TMC is back in the game after loosing a few wickets in opening overs. But BJP may still be at or near half-way mark. Now onto Kolkata and surrounding areas.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Mukesh.Kumar wrote:I was in primary school in Calcutta. Still remember the day. My grandmother who never left home alone came to pick me up.

We were so far. Yet we felt the repercussions even there. Most important was the feeling of dread.
Similar story in far southern Cochin as someone just starting primary school. Mother came and picked me up early afternoon (IG was shot dead around 10am and news started circulating in a few hours). Roads deserted. Lots of Sikhs around since we had INS Venduruthy and other military enclaves. I was in KV within the naval base. I guess they were safe because the military garrison kept them safe. But we heard of the terrible stories from the north, by word of mouth of course, since you'd never know of it reading the papers, AIR or the sole DD channel that in any case didn't start up until 5pm with the famous rotating logo.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

It seems Rahul Gandhi did not even vote in Amethi.
He could not have voted in Wayanad as he is not registered there.

My question is what sort of a democrat does not even vote in the elections but aspires to become the Prime Minister and has his followers cheering him on?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Suraj wrote:
I've stopped taking him seriously this election, because he's not really presenting detailed updates anymore, and has basically decided halfway in. Could he be right that there's overwhelming ground evidence of broadbased - particularly rural - NaMo support ? Sure, even Rana Ayyub and other worthies are reporting the groundswell, and that sort of resigned acceptance from such parties is something. On the other hand, his lack of psephological input here bothers me. He's supposed to be running a site presenting live updates on polling days, not merely writing summary articles. If he's not really doing the job I hoped he'd be doing in terms of live electoral coverage, I prefer to look at savvyasacchi or others still doing ear to the ground work are saying.
Thanks, this guy:
https://twitter.com/savvyasaachi?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Suraj wrote: :eek: I didn't know either that:
* the event happened
* that preventing cow slaughter is listed in one of the directive principles of our constitution.
Here's a clipping from the newspapers from that time. You can zoom into "Indian Riots Erupt". It was a big enough event to have been reported in a Massa newspaper.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... page&hl=en
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

checked out @savyasachi

Pretty positive ground report
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

BTW, talk is rife in dilli circles that it is the CPI proxies that are instrumental in going after the CJI.

the congis proxies have now jumped on the bandwagon protesting the alleged nontransparent investigation that gave the CJI a clean chit, calling into doubt the procedures followed by the in house SC team and calling for an "open" inquiry by a nonjudicial group of "intellectuals", meaning that they want a trial by media and tv debates
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

सव्यसाची -SAVYASACHI

@savvyasaachi
May 3
More
BJP seems to have an improvement in its Muslim vote share in Eastern UP due to Modi's development agenda and pro poor schemes

Surprisingly we met many such voters openly praising Modi, if atleast half of them turn to vote for Modi, it can give BJP an added advantage
सव्यसाची -SAVYASACHI

@savvyasaachi
May 2
More
'Yadav lands' vote not 4 BJP but 4 Modi

BJP will gain pretty good in this season,just bcz of Modi

Seen this phenomenon both in UP and BH

V have seen many Ys shown allegiance to BJP just bcz of Modi

Many in opposition rely on caste phenomenon which is less effective in 2019
Last edited by vijayk on 06 May 2019 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

chetak wrote:BTW, talk is rife in dilli circles that it is the CPI proxies that are instrumental in going after the CJI.

the congis proxies have now jumped on the bandwagon protesting the alleged nontransparent investigation that gave the CJI a clean chit, calling into doubt the procedures followed by the in house SC team and calling for an "open" inquiry by a nonjudicial group of "intellectuals", meaning that they want a trial by media and tv debates
Now Chadrachud intervened on behalf of BIF, CONs and foreign NGOs

Once Modiji comes back, do high level inquiry and impeach this dangerous man or bypass him
mridulmm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by mridulmm »

Rough voting numbers are in, these will only go up when final tally shows up in next couple of days
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

chetak wrote:in rae rareli, no one has ever strongly opposed the family by putting by worthy/strong opponents.

it has always been a walk over by tacit arrangement.

wonder why
She still be "da widow", plus nobody wanna risk their lives by comin' on too strong ova dere. Maybe 2024 will be dat time.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Swapan Dasgupta Verified account @swapan55

With EC and central forces doing a good job ensuring free polls inside booths in Bengal,TMC goons have shifted tack. They are now threatening potential opponents to not go to the polling stations at all. This is their feeble last stand against the power of democracy.

9:19 pm - 5 May 2019
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:BTW, talk is rife in dilli circles that it is the CPI proxies that are instrumental in going after the CJI.
Do you mean CPI or CPI(M)? I know both of them are useless and irrelevant in national politics. But if it is CPI - Communist Party of India, it is a bit more suspicious. This party with D @ Daniel Raja as the top man at present has one MP in Lok Sabha. Their party is one which has more leaders than cadre. Yet if they can pull some thing against the CJI means that they are aided & abetted by more actors behind the scenes. The CPI(M) - Communist Party of India (Marxist) is slightly better placed with other-wise jobless people like Yechuri and Carrot driving the show.
calling for an "open" inquiry by a nonjudicial group of "intellectuals", meaning that they want a trial by media and tv debates
In a way this is good. Hizzoners should know what "trial by media" is like. Otherwise mediocre fellows wearing a coat and tie who act like magistrates in the 9PM TV News shows, perhaps would face the wrath of Hizzoners. This "intellectual" cabal should be the next pick for being exposed. The Bhaiwood gangs and assorted classical musical singers, nautanki-wallahs have already been exposed.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Ardeshir wrote:
Suraj wrote: :eek: I didn't know either that:
* the event happened
Here's a clipping from the newspapers from that time. You can zoom into "Indian Riots Erupt". It was a big enough event to have been reported in a Massa newspaper.
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... page&hl=en
Well that's my point. Such stuff shows up in the foreign press but never gets mindshare and airtime here in India. There's no a single mention of it in our textbooks, and no one refers to it in historical context in any conversation. It's like it didn't ever happen - because no one knows it happened unless they grew up in that era and still internalize the memory, but the younger generation will largely never know it.

In comparison, Murli Manohar Joshi had 'conspiracy charges associated with Babri Mosque demolition' restored upon him in mid 2017 by hizzoners at SC, same year he got Padma Vibhushan. Must be the only PV awardee so blessed.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Have to agree with Suraj.. zero mindshare about all this. Kumbh riots, shooting on Sadhus or demonstrations by Sadhus in Delhi...zero information..when we were growing up. Had Salt March in 3 languages though.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

KJo wrote:
This is just fake outrage.
Rajiv was just saying that when an important personality dies, there are large impacts. Just like when a big tree falls, the earth shakes. This is 401% true. How this is a "justification" of any riots, Allah only knows. Does anyone here really believe that Rajiv was saying "accha hua, mar gaye!" to the riots that happened when he himself was PM?
I was a “peace activist “ at the time of the ‘84 massacres and I guarantee you that Congress led by Rajiv were the doers, not the enablers of the pogroms. At that time, many of today’s “anti-fascist “ players were fighting against Rajiv.

At the height of the Sikh insurgency I had ocassion to speak to a retired Sikh Air Chief Marshal at a meeting sponsored by US Khalistanies. I asked him seriously, what will it take for the Sikhs to back away from all this, and he said, I don’t know, but as long as Rajiv is on the scene it won’t stop.

If this is the time to explode the myth of “noce guy who made a few mistakes” and start telling the truth, so be it.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

jamwal wrote:
Ardeshir wrote:I am absolutely astounded that a member on this forum is justifying and/or making excuses for the Gandhi scoundrels. Rajiv Gandhi undoubtedly unleashed his attack dogs on the Sikhs, just as decades ago, the Congress machinery had launched attacks on Punekar brahmins after the death of MK Gandhi.

And not just that, they even made the claiming of compensation by the survivors near impossible. My father's colleague had a relative who was burned alive in the riots. The family filed many applications and petitions for compensation which they were entitled to, but on some pretext, were always denied. My father was close to Pramod Mahajan, and when Atalji came to power, through Mahajanji was able to get the family the compensation they had been chasing for over a decade. Not only did they unleash violence, but wanted to teach them a lesson after that too. This was a systematic use of government machinery to target an Indic group, nothing can whitewash that.
All this outrage is well justified. But there was huge latent anger in Hindu community against Sikhs too for what they had done to Hindu community in Sikh majority areas . their bomb blasts in public places and targetted executions made even going out in public a nerve wracking ordeal.

Many of the people use 84 riots as a stick to beat congress with. But it will be foolish to forget what khalistanis did and the effect their actions had on common Hindus. There were Hindus who lived in abject fear, lost properties, were kidnapped for ransom, displaced from ancestral homes and even killed. Sikhs were not absolute majority in Punjab like muslims are in Kashmir. Otherwise fate of Punjabi Hindus wouldn't be that different from that of Kashmiri Pandits.
Over there, a small minority picked up the gun while silent majority mostly tried to protect themselves.

If someone tries to bring in topic of sikhs serving in Indian armed forces, please read about how many sikh soldiers mutinied after blue star with many doing their best to massacre Hindus with their service weapons and even seeking shelter in pakistan.

Perpetrators of riots should definitely be punsihed, but don't forget the atrocities khalistanis committed against Hindus and their hateful murderous spree in your hatred of congress.
jamwal, ‘84 killings were not a mob action of pent-up Hindu frustration, but a systematic pogrom by Congress against Sikhs.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Suraj wrote:
Savyaasachi is definitely better than PP. But he is also too optimisctic. Too much good reports worry me of authenticity/comprehensiveness of the data. Or may be I have become too much cynical.