2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by chetak »

twitter

Priya Dutt campaigns with Ssnjay Dutt a convicted terror supporter--But all liberals at @CNNnews18 @IndiaToday @ndtv are silent--Terror is reserved to accuse sadhvi only @HinduSannyasin --what hypocrisy
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

disha wrote:
a_bharat wrote: I give benefit of doubt to Mrs Gandhi. IMO, Indira Gandhi and even Rajeev Gandhi worked in the interest of the nation despite their negative aspects. Starting from Sonia, this family has become outright anti-Hindu and anti-national.
Who overturned the ShahBano judgement? At one point the line between national and anti-national was deliberately blurred and purposely crossed over to appease Bakistan & Cashmere
Why INC of older days (PVNR, RG, IG, JLN) feels better than the Italian Mafia which is running the congress party currently is because of Social Media. Earlier our source of Information and analysis for DD and Congress infested newspapers.
Go back in 80's and early 90's and Rahul would sound like a statesman and Modi as some evil communal fraud.
Congress always had Muslim votebank in the kitty and that made them anti-Hindu party by the nature of political reality.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

According to Patilji, wimmens in Gujarat have saved the day for BJP. Still lot of Dhoti Shivering, so what it's worth,
Modijee will lose onlee!!! :(( :(( :((
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

Tide is turning in Guj in favor of BJP. Only two seats Congoon ahead, that too by 1% - Per 543
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

a_bharat wrote:
ramana wrote:I have no charitable view of Congress.
Mrs Gandhi lost at Shimla what was earned with blood on the battlefields.
I give benefit of doubt to Mrs Gandhi. IMO, Indira Gandhi and even Rajeev Gandhi worked in the interest of the nation despite their negative aspects. Starting from Sonia, this family has become outright anti-Hindu and anti-national.

These are the new generation models that come complete with offshore handlers.

Their handlers were becoming obvious, over ground and visible via extra constitutional entities like the NAC which, despite being unelected, interfered grossly and grievously in exclusively executive functions of the govt like control over baboo(n)s, lawmaking, legislation, and constitutional amendments.

Following the FCRA, a crippling bolt from the blue jolt, their handlers have once again submerged and thereafter have mostly maintained radio silence, hoping perhaps for a revival in their political and financial fortunes, privileges and perks like govt largesse in terms of salary, govt housing and lucrative govt + NGO patronage.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

https://twitter.com/5Forty3/status/1120663453465817088
After flattering to deceive every time, BJP may have finally opened its account in Kerala!
The political significance of this is very important. The Right in India is finally beginning to occupy the space of Left whether it is in Bengal or Kerala
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Dr Sachin Reddy
@snsachinnandu
·
1h
50% overall turnout at 3 PM

Bidar 47(60)
Gulbarga 42(58)
Raichur 46(58)
Koppal 52(62)
Bellary 52(70)
Davangere 54(73)
Shimoga 55(72)
Haveri 50(71.5)
Dharwad 52(66)
Bagalkot 52(69)
Vijayapura 44(59.5)
Chikkodi 54(71)
Belgaum 49(68)
N Canara 54(69)

Stunning numbers!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

^^ these are old nizami hyd areas, lingayats and MH border areas.

shimoga is a bjp ssbn bastion area.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

no mention of Hindus anywhere.

why a special manifesto only for these guys??

Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

ricky_v wrote:primus sir, that is maithili with the distinctive 'chhi' at the end of many statements.
Thanks RV Ji
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
A voter from TVM. Teeka Ram Meena is clueless about such innovative campaign techniques

Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

now we can be sure who is behind this

Prashant Bhushan

Verified account

@pbhushan1
Follow Follow @pbhushan1
More
33 eminent writers & activists, including Medha Patkar, Arundhati Roy, Aruna Roy, Kamla Bhasin, Bezwada Wilson, Anjali Bhardwaj, Yogendra Yadav, Harsh Mander & Aakar Patel, seek an indep high level enquiry into sexual harassment allegations against CJI
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Singha wrote:now we can be sure who is behind this

Prashant Bhushan

Verified account

@pbhushan1
Follow Follow @pbhushan1
More
33 eminent writers & activists, including Medha Patkar, Arundhati Roy, Aruna Roy, Kamla Bhasin, Bezwada Wilson, Anjali Bhardwaj, Yogendra Yadav, Harsh Mander & Aakar Patel, seek an indep high level enquiry into sexual harassment allegations against CJI
Thanks for confirming, now I know the CJI is really innocent!!
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

x-posting from the Malegaon thread. bliss to help onlee...
arshyam wrote:Is there a comprehensive review of what happened in the blasts and the subsequent "case" against "Hindu terrorists"? I am looking for a credible summary (preferably a published media article) I could share with people who are outraged over Sadhvi Pragya being given the Bhopal BJP ticket. I was under the impression that no charges were framed and the Sadhvi and Col Purohit were illegally kept in custody, but looks like some charges were filed in Feb 2009 itself. Apart from her presumed innocence (until proven guilty) and the fact that no credible case has been argued, there does not seem to be much in the public domain (I did come across a few articles on how the Colonel was detained and the questions around it, but not much on the Sadhvi's detention). I am going through this thread from the beginning, but if anyone has any pointers/links, it would help a lot.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Ardeshir wrote:According to Patilji, wimmens in Gujarat have saved the day for BJP. Still lot of Dhoti Shivering, so what it's worth,
Modijee will lose onlee!!! :(( :(( :((
To be fair to him, he predicted it early in the morning. As per him, it has always been the case. After 12 pm, women come out to vote in Gujarat, again according to him.

Dr Praveen Patil

@5Forty3
Following Following @5Forty3
More
Early numbers in Gujarat can be a bit misleading.
Have witnessed this phenomenon in at least 3 elections there. Literally tens of thousands of women come out to vote, post-noon, in hundreds of small towns, and usually their vote is in the range of 70:30 in favour of Modi!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Disha, Pranams to your elders. They deserve our respects.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

disha wrote: ...

I have seen the corruption Madhavsinh Solanki indulged in with my very own eyes. Tankers of petrol were pilfered and adulterated with kerosene. All the funds going to divide Indians and killing them in communal clashes.

I would prefer anybody outside of the CONgoon familia, right from banditji.
So true. Congi lost practically an entire generation of voters in that period.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ppl are missing a bet, literally, by not tuning in to the Bookies e- Mumbai. Pls provide a live update link. They MUST have odds for every seat plus national level. Cash beats emotion in analytical and data-based accuracy every time. UBCN does not wish to get into trouble with Bredators by starting a Betting thread like the spectacularly successful (and hence shut down :(( ) Krikit Betting Portal of the early 2000s.
FYI: Odds Checker: BJP No Majority: 1/10 Yes Majority: 4/9
https://smarkets.com/listing/politics/world/india : NaMo PM: 80Yes, 59No. BJP majority (271+): 20Yes, 62.5No.
Both of those are Bilayat-based. Not in the same league as desis.
Agra satta market hots up as General Election 2019 picks up steam
Betting circuits were cold till after the conclusion of the Phase 1 but have picked up after the end of the second phase.
But they don't give any odds.
Update OddsChecker: Majority? 1/10 No; 1/2 Yes.
Modi PM? 2/5No.

Pls don't post any "free betting, no money" sites. Those are no better than Internet Polls: Strictly emotion based.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 23 Apr 2019 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Vikas wrote:
disha wrote:
Who overturned the ShahBano judgement? At one point the line between national and anti-national was deliberately blurred and purposely crossed over to appease Bakistan & Cashmere
Why INC of older days (PVNR, RG, IG, JLN) feels better than the Italian Mafia which is running the congress party currently is because of Social Media. Earlier our source of Information and analysis for DD and Congress infested newspapers.
Go back in 80's and early 90's and Rahul would sound like a statesman and Modi as some evil communal fraud.
Congress always had Muslim votebank in the kitty and that made them anti-Hindu party by the nature of political reality.
If one reads Anuj Dhar's India's Biggest Cover-up (considered as conspeeracy category book :eek: ) , it may completely change one's soft corner towards INC and our understanding of politics inside and outside of country with compelling evidences since 1900 A.D.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

His take on Bengal /Bengalis pretty much unraveling before our eyes. :shock:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB, I will post as soon as I get.

I even had folks look at Ladbrokes.
You need to visit the caves.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

INC is a villain and anti-national force for the last 50 years - no doubt about it, and it doesn't matter if there are "some good people" in INC if they are not calling the shots.

Election thread, peeps...please don't derail with other discussions.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Singha wrote:now we can be sure who is behind this

Prashant Bhushan

Verified account

@pbhushan1
Follow Follow @pbhushan1
More
They must be having a WhatsApp group or something. Wonder how they organize this rapidly.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Seems like a huge Modi wave in north KA...near total sweep.

Same in GJ...repeat of 2014 on the cards, maybe Anand is still doubtful.

BH continues to be very strong for NDA.

Waiting for news on KL, UP, WB, MH. A reliable roundup of the northeast would also be nice.

CG and JH seem to be darkness. Even Dr. BB has withdrawn his teams from there. As for my personal predictions, I have conservatively assumed total of 85 seats for BJP from the "west+central belt" RJ-GJ-MP-CG-JH (total 105 seats). This accounts for a few incidental losses in RJ/MP/GJ and slim pickings especially in CG. JH seemed to be still strong for BJP according the opinion polls all the way to April 9. I hope the actual tally might be close to 90.

Here is my latest conservative assumption for the BJP total (not NDA):

Northwest (6 states including DL): 30
West+Central (5 states from RJ to JH): 85
South (7 states including MH and GA): 45
Northeast (7 states): 20
East (WB and OR): 30 (this is based on very positive indications from phase 1 and 2)
Gangetic Plain (UP and BH): 70
Others (UTs): 3

Total: 283

This is still a comfortable "purna bahumat" that leaves some margin for overpredictions for the East, Northeast, and Gangetic Plain. And there could well be underpredictions!

Let us hope for the best!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

chetak wrote:
JE Menon wrote:
No luck locating the dude... Did a call-out on Twitter, no response. His registered email is not working.
a while ago, saw him a couple of times on the other forum.

maybe he has a different address listed there??
sent him an e-khat on both his emails that I know of.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Anujan wrote:I have somewhat of a more charitable view of INC.

1. NAC filled with staunchest Hindu hater antinationals. Harsh Mandar was clearly pointed by isi gulam nabi fai to CIA after danda parade was actually hand picked by sonja for NAC.

2. Sonia congrss brought law to make foriegn controlled NGT extra-constituitional authority above citizen elected parliament. So we became indirect colony of western powers.

3. Poor ConParty also tried to bring COMMUNAL VIOLENCE BILL to mash Hindus to pulp.

4. Here's another post telling how your exceptional hindu malyali congi tharoor, and punjabi sikh congi devotee lawyer kts tulsi are doing to obliterate Hindus viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7704&p=2345477#p2345360

3. When Inspector Mohan Sharma martyred Sonia and Congress cried for slain terrorists in Batla House encounter.

4. Baba Ramdev protesting peaceful fasting and in middle of night your conparty ordered CRPF to lathicharge sleeping fasting Hindus. CRPF refused, so Hindu killer ConParty ordered them out and brought brave delhi police to charge these sleeping hungry Hindus. But same ConParty tolerated all shenanigans of urban naxal + Christian Teresa devotee Kejru

5. How muslims were allowed to turn their meeting in azad maidan and desecrate Amar Jawan Jyoti.

6. Manmohan jerk said first right to resources is minorities.

No congress nehru familia gave muslims 30% land for Pakistan and only 15% population, now rest Conparty is giving slimely away by using education bill, or siachin vacating proposed by MMS, gurmeet kanwal, tyagi & saran types....
Last edited by Manish_Sharma on 23 Apr 2019 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
Y I Patel
BRFite

Post by Y I Patel »

^ not a good idea to make the rebuttal so personal.

Anujan is entitled to an opinion and if every thoughtful poster is going to be shouted down it won’t help the quality of discourse here
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Gurus what's the status with MH? Low turnout, are we going for a shocking results? Anyone from MH please let us know.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 003144.cms

Based on info coming out after Phases 2-3, it is hard not to agree with BSY. 22 seats seems to be the "low end" for as of now. Additionally, the independent finished with a strong lead in Mandya, and two other seats (Hassan and Bidar) are dead-heat tossups. So it could be 25!

INC-JDS alliance wiped out despite the "arithmetic" giving them a big advantage (yeah, yeah I know JDS is concentrated in south KA and so on...but still). If that is not Modi tsunami, then what is ?

A bad omen indeed for the MGB in UP!

PS: as far Dr. BB's predictions go: the BJP vote share and the # seats with strong/moderate BJP leads keep creeping up after every phase.
Last edited by KL Dubey on 23 Apr 2019 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Suraj and others who have contributed and others who are planning to contribute, please double check if this is true.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:Seems like a huge Modi wave in north KA...near total sweep.

Same in GJ...repeat of 2014 on the cards, maybe Anand is still doubtful.

BH continues to be very strong for NDA.

Waiting for news on KL, UP, WB, MH. A reliable roundup of the northeast would also be nice.

CG and JH seem to be darkness. Even Dr. BB has withdrawn his teams from there. As for my personal predictions, I have conservatively assumed total of 85 seats for BJP from the "west+central belt" RJ-GJ-MP-CG-JH (total 105 seats). This accounts for a few incidental losses in RJ/MP/GJ and slim pickings especially in CG. JH seemed to be still strong for BJP according the opinion polls all the way to April 9. I hope the actual tally might be close to 90.

Here is my latest conservative assumption for the BJP total (not NDA):

Northwest (6 states including DL): 30
West+Central (5 states from RJ to JH): 85
South (7 states including MH and GA): 45
Northeast (7 states): 20
East (WB and OR): 30 (this is based on very positive indications from phase 1 and 2)
Gangetic Plain (UP and BH): 70
Others (UTs): 3

Total: 283

This is still a comfortable "purna bahumat" that leaves some margin for overpredictions for the East, Northeast, and Gangetic Plain. And there could well be underpredictions!

Let us hope for the best!

Ghee shakar, saar.

I want Modi alone to cross the halfway mark with 275 so that he remains insulated from the pulls and pressures of some greedy alliance partners allied with the BJP only for monetary gain and influence peddling.

goondas from MAH must be taught a bitter lesson. They are mere hyenas compared to a lion.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Y I Patel wrote:^ not a good idea to make the rebuttal so personal.
Anujan is entitled to an opinion and if every thoughtful poster is going to be shouted down it won’t help the quality of discourse here
^+400.

And one is well-advised to spend a few seconds learning (forum) history b4 ascribing political leanings to other postors that are as hard/emotional/thoughtless as one's own. Old racist twit Churchill Saying:
Sometimes it is better to keep one's mouth (or fingers in this case) shut and let everyone wonder whether one is a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
Hard to imagine why one needs to rebut any congi achievements on this thread, given that 50.01% of the postors here seem to be slightly pro-BJP. :mrgreen:

Plus, list of 6 items is pitifully small for 60+ years of (miss) "rule" 8)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dr Praveen Patil @5Forty3 3 minutes ago

At the end of Phase 3 we are now sure 2014 was not the Modi peak!

Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

+1

I agree. Don't make it personal. Whatever the outcome of the election, there is always 2024 and 2029. After this election, we'll go back to "Understanding the US" where a bunch of people will get their chuddies in a twist about Orange-utan man.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Mort Walker wrote:

+1

I agree. Don't make it personal. Whatever the outcome of the election, there is always 2024 and 2029. After this election, we'll go back to "Understanding the US" where a bunch of people will get their chuddies in a twist about Orange-utan man.

Sorry, we are not doing time pass here, to go back to "Understanding the US" regardless of outcome, for INDIANS, this is as critical a time as it ever was. Please don't trivialize the Indian elections just because you got yourself across the pond.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

PMO looks beyond May 23, asks depts for 100-day action plan of new govt
So much so that the PMO has directed all department heads of various ministries to prepare a “Plan of Action” for the first 100 days of the new government, taking into account promises made in the manifesto released by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
https://indianexpress.com/elections/pmo ... t-5689367/
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Karthik S wrote:
Sorry, we are not doing time pass here, to go back to "Understanding the US" regardless of outcome, for INDIANS, this is as critical a time as it ever was. Please don't trivialize the Indian elections just because you got yourself across the pond.
No one said it is not critical, but at the same time in politics there is no guarantee. In 2004 we didn't have as good data and thought the NDA would be back, but it didn't. You must live to fight another day. On a personal note, in 2004 I was very distraught with election results and was banned. As I got older I realized that you have to press ahead. All good work will be undone if the momentum doesn't continue into 2024 elections. The NDA is needed for at least 2 decades to set things right.
Last edited by Mort Walker on 23 Apr 2019 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Karthik S wrote:Suraj and others who have contributed and others who are planning to contribute, please double check if this is true.

that's a little odd, assuming the quote above is from the actual gent in question, M Vidyasagar is quite a famous name, he was brought in by Kalam sir to head CAIR/DRDO and left after APJK left the post.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Dr Praveen Patil

@5Forty3
3m3 minutes ago
More
Big shock today, Mallikarjun Kharge, the leader of the UPA in the parliament is trailing in Gulbarga.
He was leading throughout the day because of mass deletion of Brahmin, Lingayat sounding names from voter list, yet we believe the constituency overcame that handicap by evening