2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by ramana »

nandakumar wrote:
sudhan wrote:
Sure, but why pull out now? The clown prince had put him out to dry.. and to be frank the allegations were quite dramatic.. I would have kept on and watched the idiot squirm like a worm..

I remember the same Ambani meeting the queen mother and other CONcroaches after the 2004 BJP debacle.. grapevine at that time was that he was there to assure the UPA of his family's support.. Come NDA govt, gets kicked in the testimonials .. serves him right.. all the more reason to have persisted with the case IMHO
He was under pressure from BJP so that the focus is partially turned towards Rahul Gandhi during the campaign period . Now that the elections are over there is no need for the suit.
How do you say this? You have evidence or special information?

I think you are throwing mud on BJP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs wrote:https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/ba ... 193659.ece
Karnataka Chief Minister Kumaraswamy cancels Delhi visit

He might not last long as CM of Karnataka.
And could be trying to make a deal to survive.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UlanBatori wrote:Ah! NOW I understand how the count shot up from 306 to 365. They read the Official UBCN Predictor of 360.
NDA will lose onlee!! :rotfl:

UB in India whether its a monarchy or democracy its the rule represents the will of the people.
Coming to modern times if it takes 51% to win the elections, and you have 35% of the vote share you need 16% of the uncommitted voters to get to 51%. The other side has 25 % so undecided are (100-35-25=) 40%.
If the incumbent has a positive image and the opposition runs a negative image my guess is 70% of the undecided will vote for the incumbent.
So I think NaMo will get 35+0.7*40= 63% of all the seats i.e. 342.

When the incumbent has negative image and the opposition runs with a negative message the majority of undecided will side with the incumbent still (UPA 2.0)
When the incumbent has negative image and the opposition runs with a positive message, the undecided side with the opposition (Namo1.0)
If there is a three way fight like in Delhi you can see what happens when the opposition vote gets divided.
So stay calm and trust Dilbu.
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Vinasha kale vipreet buddhi.
Last edited by amdavadi on 21 May 2019 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks after the recent ban on a senior member I have made a sticky where people can post requests for temporary ban etc to avoid posting inflammatory posts to get the ban.
Thanks for cooperation.
ramana
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

ramana wrote:

Looks like CBN is moving heaven and earth to get others with him before the results come, knowing well he is going to come a cropper.

Once Namo comes back, CBN is highly likely to go the Lalu Prasad way I guess, could be strong evidence against him.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak wrote:in case of some misstep with the exit poll results, one would watch the shiv sena very very carefully.

uddhav's cousin raj who has "campaigned" against modi and for the ncp combine was very vituperative all through the campaign and blood runs thicker than water and these cousins are playing a double game by hedging their bets.

pawar is playing the long game here and will claim plausible deniability if confronted. other pawarful peoples are skulking in some dark, dank corner following some biblical revelations that have come like a lightning bolt from the desert delivered by michel mama and his agusta westland sidekicks.

hares and hounds, mostly running and sometimes hunting, seem to be the order of the day.
Poor Fox has been reduced to a gerbil.
As for that Raj of MNS he is a slave of Pawarless.

Michel was holding out as his Congress linked lawyer advised to wait for poll results.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:

he got what he came for, the chance to replenish and for that chance, he willingly swallowed every indignity and every insult and humiliation that came his way including his pride.

this was masterminded by the fumble harmer.

from now on, every day as CM is a bonus and another opportunity to replenish
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rhytha wrote:
ramana wrote:

Looks like CBN is moving heaven and earth to get others with him before the results come, knowing well he is going to come a cropper.

Once Namo comes back, CBN is highly likely to go the Lalu Prasad way I guess, could be strong evidence against him.
since when does any child in a family, and a mere toddler at that, have 15-20 crores of wealth as declared to the election commission.

this is one of the major political south Indian lulloo prasad type families
Ranarasika
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ranarasika »

Dhoti shivering on. What to interpret and what not to is the question. All happened today.

Exhibit A :
@TimesNow
Anil Ambani to withdraw defamation suits against Congress.
Exhibit B :
@ANI
The CBI, in the affidavit, gives clean chit to Mulayam Singh Yadav and Akhilesh Yadav in the disproportionate assets case registered against them. CBI further said, it did not find any evidence to register a Regular Case (RC) against the father and son.
Exhibit C :
@ANI
Bihar CM: There's no contradiction. We've always maintained Art.370 shouldn't be scrapped, Uniform Civil Code shouldn't be imposed, Ayodhya dispute should be resolved through mutual agreement/court's intervention. We've maintained this since we first forged an alliance with BJP.
Exhibit D :
@sardesairajdeep
Buzz that PM Modi plans a Mann ki baat on Sunday 26th May and swearing in on same day (8 is his lucky number apparently).. he was sworn in on same day in 2014! All this even before even election results are announced on 23rd: (over) confidence thy name is Modi!
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Case was against priyanka C, not Congress. Dropped since she moved out to SS.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

chetak wrote:
rhytha wrote:

since when does any child in a family, and a mere toddler at that, have 15-20 crores of wealth as declared to the election commission.

You can abuse CBN or his son politically all you want as they are politicians.

Family matter is different thing and I don't think any one can go after their family legal wealth which is already huge.

This is what I know on "toddler" wealth:
They have very successful and legal company called Heritage foods and portion of it was sold to some other company and they got a few 100s of crores from sale. CBN has only one son and in turn he has one son so it is possible to get wealth when you're "toddler" if grandpa or papa gives shares as gift to new born. May be they had to declare family wealth to EC due to transactions.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote: AFAIK, the VVPAT machine prints on thermal paper and the ink fades away in about six months or so.
Yes, I know that. As I myself voted this time :). But what worries me is that counting VVPAT is just like counting postal ballots. And to make thing worse VVPAT paper is just like that paper on which fuel pumps in petrol bunks give as receipts. It is very light weight can can be destroyed quite easily. How can the security of the VVPAT slips be guaranteed? Postal ballots or the erst-while ballot papers were made of much stronger paper and had more life. If 22 "riff-raff secular" parties are focusing on this; it means that they have some game in their minds.
UlanBatori wrote: EC says no, we will announce first and then do the verification, but is considering.
Will EC say no? That is the question. This is the first time that EC's own credibility is now in question.
abhijitm wrote:Is there clear guidline from EC on what if a mismatch found between sample EVM and VVPAT? Many were asking a clear instruction during the election. Don't remember EC issued any. Did they? This drama could have been avoided otherwise.
From one "secular" news paper; EC does not have a formal process defined for counting VVPAT count and reporting the same. Their current processes are all based on the vote count in the EVM machine.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

ibnlive

Lok Sabha Election 2019 Live: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday said that 39 parties have promised support to the National Democratic Alliance, a day before votes are counted for the general elections. Singh made the comments after a meet-dinner hosted by BJP chief Amit Shah, which was attended by 36 allies of the NDA.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

KLNMurthy wrote:
Singha wrote:Arnab has declared total war on the oppn EVM whiners.
he was shouting that he demands allegience to the constitution of india, that silicon valley turds and SM non-entities running smear campaigns will be punished and that CIA will not choose the next govt and PM of india!

he has grown his hair longer and looks more impressive now. a bit more rhetorical flourishes and head tilts. a promising rajya sabha MP imo.

give the man a ticket.
Why? He can be of more service as a media voice, now that he owns his network free and clear.
Agreed. By giving a ticket, it will re-inforce the oft repeated term that Republic is a BJP channel. Also, we often over-estimate the influence of English news channels.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

The attacks are building up:
Five more years of Narendra Modi will take India to a dark place
Kapil Kommireddi in the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dark-place
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

"Karnataka chief minister HD Kumaraswamy has expressed his laments many times over how he has been reduced to a clerk due to Congress interference in the governance"

Love this !, As Lincoln said "of the clerks, by the clerks, for the clerks". He should take solace that clerks are primordial and omniscient
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ShyamSP wrote:
chetak wrote:

You can abuse CBN or his son politically all you want as they are politicians.

Family matter is different thing and I don't think any one can go after their family legal wealth which is already huge.

This is what I know on "toddler" wealth:
They have very successful and legal company called Heritage foods and portion of it was sold to some other company and they got a few 100s of crores from sale. CBN has only one son and in turn he has one son so it is possible to get wealth when you're "toddler" if grandpa or papa gives shares as gift to new born. May be they had to declare family wealth to EC due to transactions.

maybe one should go into the history of heritage foods and how it managed to grow and at what cost
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Skanda wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote: Why? He can be of more service as a media voice, now that he owns his network free and clear.
Agreed. By giving a ticket, it will re-inforce the oft repeated term that Republic is a BJP channel. Also, we often over-estimate the influence of English news channels.

the exact basis on which coupta, darkha butt and turdesai got their padma shris and what they as well as a whole lot of khaandhani krantikari patrakaaris actually want is a RS ticket.

goose, gander, sauce and other such mundane culinary items will easily explain the logic.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

chetak wrote:in case of some misstep with the exit poll results, one would watch the shiv sena very very carefully.

uddhav's cousin raj who has "campaigned" against modi and for the ncp combine was very vituperative all through the campaign and blood runs thicker than water and these cousins are playing a double game by hedging their bets.

pawar is playing the long game here and will claim plausible deniability if confronted. other pawarful peoples are skulking in some dark, dank corner following some biblical revelations that have come like a lightning bolt from the desert delivered by michel mama and his agusta westland sidekicks.

hares and hounds, mostly running and sometimes hunting, seem to be the order of the day.
chetak ji, you are right that SS will have to be watched, but not because of Raj Thackeray. There is no love lost between Uddhav and Raj. In 2014, when Raj was supporting Modi and giving TV interviews praising him, MNS was still fielding candidates in all constituencies where SS was contesting instead of BJP. RT is inconsequential this time despite all his bleating, just like he has been for a while now.

But SS doesn't need Raj to prove that they are snakes. They have indulged in all kinds of mud-slinging against Modi and BJP in the last 5 years in addition to their shenanigans in the MH assembly elections. So if the exit polls are wrong or even if the lower predicted figures (220-230 for BJP) come out true, SS might see their chance to cause trouble.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

I thought there was a Braying Thread (to collect the jackasses' music), Oh well! Here is a prize-winner:

Commie-Reddy. Appropriate naam.
Oops sorry, Guptaji, I see that you beat me to it, but neither of us is going to pollute this holy Ganga of wisdom by throwing that pakistan into it.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 21 May 2019 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB my number 35% comes from here.

Look at vote shares for BJP alone as projected by exit polls:-
Axis: 38%
5Forty3: 36%
Cvoter: 35%
Chanakya: 36%
The lowest is 35%. At 31%, BJP swept India to record 282 seats. If you see historical figures, 35% is enough for Modi to record a TSUNAMO
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

A_Gupta wrote:The attacks are building up:
Five more years of Narendra Modi will take India to a dark place
Kapil Kommireddi in the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dark-place
This is ok ... saying without reading.

Last time too Al-G had very obnoxious farts but they don't stand in font of a mandate, especially with one knows how to wield that mandate.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

UlanBatori wrote:I thought there was a Braying Thread (to collect the jackasses' music), Oh well! Here is a prize-winner:

Commie-Reddy. Appropriate naam.
Oops sorry, Guptaji, I see that you beat me to it, but neither of us is going to pollute this holy Ganga of wisdom by throwing that pakistan into it.
I put together some material on twitter, if anyone wants to write a coherent article, do use!
https://twitter.com/macgupta123/status/ ... 0353087488 and subsequent.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

gakakkad wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:Withdraw suit means it can be reinstated any time. Loaded gun more effective than one that is fired. Basically free hand now.
Or maybe he knows that Prime Minister RaGa is coming soon.
Most likely reason is that he is a busy industrialist who does not have time to deal with a junkie clown of a dynast.
If you are an industrialist, you never take sides. You bribe everyone. Remember Dhirubhai Ambani's famous statement "I will salaam a government peon if it means I will get permits". Probably some of the father has rubbed off on the son.

RaGa probably told him that all the allegations were in the heat of campaign and he wont make such allegations anymore.

AA probably got his pound of flesh by getting some sweet heart deals in Cong-dominated states.

Win-Win.
rgosain
BRFite

Post by rgosain »

This guy commie-reddys seems to have plagiarised our bull...t matrix, square for square in a rather pathetic attempt at sucking up to the Guardian readers in the UK, by pretending to be an uncle tom or coconut.
Mr Bhalla's blog the other night mentioned some new inferences from the numbers in the exit results. see below

https://indianexpress.com/article/opini ... i-5739264/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Mehbooba Mufti Verified account @MehboobaMufti

Mehbooba Mufti Retweeted Rahul Kanwal
Et tu, Brute?
For a PM of a secular country,it’s the wearing religion on his sleeves part that’s deeply problematic. Whats the difference between Pak & India if we don’t separate religion from state?

Abhijit Majumder Verified account @abhijitmajumder May 20

Abhijit Majumder Retweeted Mehbooba Mufti
This is the perverted secularism Hindus have risen against.
Owaisi or you wear religion on your head/dress, none of us have a problem. Manmohan Singh wears Sikh headgear, nobody complains. Modi wears saffron, you remember secularism.
Secularism won’t be a one-way street, ma’am.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

banrjeer wrote:Any one taken note of this?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vid ... 414911.cms
Yes, this has been making rounds for the last 24 hours.
My guess is one of these two TMC leaders is Saugata Roy (brother of Tathagata Roy, current Tripura guv, and ex-Bengal BJP prez).
He hwas tainted in Narada sting op.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPB1oB ... e=youtu.be

Muslims On Exit Polls 2019 | मोदी- एग्जिट पोल पर मुस्लिमो की धमाकेदार राय राहुल के होश उड़ा देगी |

rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

I hope award wapsi intolrent crowed to get mad. if only they return the money (they go with awards) this time.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

rhytha wrote:I have a Q.

Is the exit polls after Phase 7 or till Phase 6, since phase 7 only ended yesterday, how is it possible to publish results so soon.
I assume that they collect data till all the phases are completed. They hold the information till the last phase. It is a very serious and responsible job.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Kati wrote:
banrjeer wrote:Any one taken note of this?

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/vid ... 414911.cms
Yes, this has been making rounds for the last 24 hours.
My guess is one of these two TMC leaders is Saugata Roy (brother of Tathagata Roy, current Tripura guv, and ex-Bengal BJP prez).
He hwas tainted in Narada sting op.
Not only that. During Phase 3 Amit Shah had said that if BJP gets over 19 seats (he predicts much more 8)), there will be an exodus from TMC as already 100 MLAs are in contact with BJP.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

rsingh wrote:I hope award wapsi intolerant crowed to get mad. if only they return the money (they go with awards) this time.

Fat chance. It was to be a token protest and govt was supposed to give it back or refuse.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

Did you know this?

Mumtaaz Begum appointed a Muslim as the head of the very revered holy Tarakeswar Temple. Ask any Bong - he/she must have made a trip to this temple at least once.

Can the Muslim Personal Law Board accept a Hindu as the head of Jama Masjid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdUvOKaat4k

Hope Mumtaaz pays dearly for this brand of secularism.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Sharad Pawar calls Jaganmohan Reddy after exit polls favour him, YSRCP chief skips call
As exit polls predicted a big win for Jaganmohan Reddy in Andhra Pradesh, NCP chief Sharad Pawar reached out to him. But Jagan did not take the call.
Jagan keeping his options open.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

nachiket wrote:Sharad Pawar calls Jaganmohan Reddy after exit polls favour him, YSRCP chief skips call
As exit polls predicted a big win for Jaganmohan Reddy in Andhra Pradesh, NCP chief Sharad Pawar reached out to him. But Jagan did not take the call.
Jagan keeping his options open.
A better/simpler explanation is: where "Anna" goes, "Tammudu" does not go.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

sudhan wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Elections are over. Zero loss would have informed him the repeated references to him by Clown Prince would stop as well.
Sure, but why pull out now? The clown prince had put him out to dry.. and to be frank the allegations were quite dramatic.. I would have kept on and watched the idiot squirm like a worm..

I remember the same Ambani meeting the queen mother and other CONcroaches after the 2004 BJP debacle.. grapevine at that time was that he was there to assure the UPA of his family's support.. Come NDA govt, gets kicked in the testimonials .. serves him right.. all the more reason to have persisted with the case IMHO
Bad Karma! Was about to be bankrupt, until pulled out of the abyss by Mota Bhai.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

KL Dubey wrote: A better/simpler explanation is: where "Anna" goes, "Tammudu" does not go.
Misfortunately, moi being from the land of pawarful looteras, will require a translation. :oops: Anna translates to "big brother" and I'm guessing means CBN? What does Tammudu mean? Little brother?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

nachiket wrote:
KL Dubey wrote: A better/simpler explanation is: where "Anna" goes, "Tammudu" does not go.
Misfortunately, moi being from the land of pawarful looteras, will require a translation. :oops: Anna translates to "big brother" and I'm guessing means CBN? What does Tammudu mean? Little brother?
...may be it meant to be 'Thambi'...., no?