2019 General Elections News and Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Karan M wrote:

...They regard me and mine as peasants to be exploited in perpetuity, and openly canvass people abroad about what bunch of pathetic jerks we all are.

Exactly.... they have contempt for Bharat and its citizens....

First mother abused "Maut ka Saudagar..." then Gujaratis teach sonia a lesson by defeating Congress Modi is victorious, then sonia chamchi brown-nose burkha dutt CALLED ALL GUJARATIS AS EFFETE PEOPLE....

Now son of sonia rahul starts abusing Modi , hoing to Dubai and telling foreigners... "...there is INTOLERANCE in my country...."

racist sonia has brought up her progeny with hatred for Bharatvaasis
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Lilo wrote:
Karan M wrote:...

Where are we standing in terms of seats. Your unbiased conservative analysis please. :(( :!:
Around 225 for BJP as a whole - my nose tells me.
"They" want to deflate the resurgent Hindutva by 2024 so there are global forces arrayed to manipulate this election to bring forth "in name only" Hindutva weak govt to power to delegitemize this bout of ideological upsurge.
Makes sense. A pro-bijness/admin GOI to prop us up for khan bijness and stand up against PRC but "amenable" to pressure on cultural issues.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Lilo wrote:
Karan M wrote:...

Where are we standing in terms of seats. Your unbiased conservative analysis please. :(( :!:
Around 225 for BJP as a whole - my nose tells me.
"They" want to deflate the resurgent Hindutva by 2024 so there are global forces arrayed to manipulate this election to bring forth "in name only" Hindutva weak govt to power to delegitemize this bout of ideological upsurge.
Is this the total upto 4 phases or for the whole election? Tomorrow 51 seats are up in phase 5.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

BJP faces tough battle in seven out of 12 seats in UP going to polls on Monday

If there is higher turnout it may be in favor of the BJP.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mort Walker wrote:..

Is this the total upto 4 phases or for the whole election? Tomorrow 51 seats are up in phase 5.
Mort ji,
Its the final tally of BJP onlee at the end of the election .

Anyway Modi's statement on Rajiv has already fired up campaign in Punjab & Delhi going to poll on 12th , Bhopal(one phase in MP today).
Akali Dal leader Manjinder Sirsa says Rajiv Gandhi was also ‘India’s biggest mob lyncher’
Earlier, Rahul Gandhi had absolved Congress and its leaders of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Enough of the lungi-shivering.
UBCN has just raised our predictions to
280 BJP alone.
(like the Article that will be trashed) for NDA.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://mobile.twitter.com/reviewero/st ... 9597423616

Rajiv Gandhi - When Big tree falls earth quakes video
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

Lilo wrote:
Mort Walker wrote:..

Mort ji,
Its the final tally of BJP onlee at the end of the election .

Anyway Modi's statement on Rajiv has already fired up campaign in Punjab & Delhi going to poll on 12th , Bhopal(one phase in MP today).
This would mean the NDA will be at about 265, short of 7 seats. The BIF are coordinating together to keep Modi out should the BJP if it only gets around 220 on it's own. Lot's of ministries and opportunities of theft will be offered as incentive to keep BJP out. There are some rumors that Mayawati, Yadavs and Sonia gang have been in discussion.

In any case, I think you're being a bit too pessimistic. If we go by satta bazzar, we're at 250 alone for the BJP. Others like PP, which I subscribe, have a better analysis.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

JetLee's press conference. Some pretty damning stuff against Pappu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPM4tnN ... e=youtu.be
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I just came across this. I am really worried about Shri Jaitley, our whining apart, he has done a lot for this country.
Returned from a 3 week sojourn abroad. Picked up small but telling bits of information on the end-state of two leading political personalities and personal mascots of Prime Minister Narendra Modi — the former Defence Minister, the late Mahohar Parrikar, and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, both afflicted with cancer.

According to a doctor at Sloan-Kettering in New York — a leading cancer treatment hospital, who attended on both Parrikar and Jaitley, the former was in a very bad way but insisted that he be moved to Goa in the terminal stage, which required some very elaborate arrangements to ensure he didn’t succumb to the rigours of the journey inherent in moving a very sick and weak man half way across the globe. What was unusual, according to this oncologist, was Parrikar’s emphatic insistence that he not die in a foreign land, far away from home. :(

Jaitley too suffers from an irremediable form of stomach cancer. Indeed, the disease is apparently so far advanced the Sloan-Kettering doctors do not give him more than a few more months. For all that, Jaitley has been in the electoral forefront, refuting Rahul Gandhi’s contentions on the Rafale acquisition controversy, etc. :(
https://bharatkarnad.com/
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Karan M wrote:I just came across this. I am really worried about Shri Jaitley, our whining apart, he has done a lot for this country.
Returned from a 3 week sojourn abroad. Picked up small but telling bits of information on the end-state of two leading political personalities and personal mascots of Prime Minister Narendra Modi — the former Defence Minister, the late Mahohar Parrikar, and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, both afflicted with cancer.

According to a doctor at Sloan-Kettering in New York — a leading cancer treatment hospital, who attended on both Parrikar and Jaitley, the former was in a very bad way but insisted that he be moved to Goa in the terminal stage, which required some very elaborate arrangements to ensure he didn’t succumb to the rigours of the journey inherent in moving a very sick and weak man half way across the globe. What was unusual, according to this oncologist, was Parrikar’s emphatic insistence that he not die in a foreign land, far away from home. :(

Jaitley too suffers from an irremediable form of stomach cancer. Indeed, the disease is apparently so far advanced the Sloan-Kettering doctors do not give him more than a few more months. For all that, Jaitley has been in the electoral forefront, refuting Rahul Gandhi’s contentions on the Rafale acquisition controversy, etc. :(
Saar, Massaland patient privacy laws are so strong and and patient privacy is considered so important in their medical ethics that I doubt very much that an oncologist at Sloan-Kettering is simply blabbing about the medical condition of any of their patients.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

@iconoclast on Fifth phase. Says opinion poll, but doubt it is an opinion poll as he does not give vote shares or when it was conducted. It's more of a seat by seat analysis.

http://www.elections.in/news/lok-sabha- ... inion-poll

41 to NDA out of 51 according to him.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Why are ppl posting "Opinion Bolls" here when we have actual money betting odds?
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

Shaktimaan wrote:
Karan M wrote:I just came across this. I am really worried about Shri Jaitley, our whining apart, he has done a lot for this country.

Saar, Massaland patient privacy laws are so strong and and patient privacy is considered so important in their medical ethics that I doubt very much that an oncologist at Sloan-Kettering is simply blabbing about the medical condition of any of their patients.
Agree, especially about such high value patients.

Having said that, there is no doubt that AJ does look very cachectic in his public videos. Hope he pulls on for as long as he can. Despite everything he has been a big help to Modi Ji.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

Singha wrote:did rajeev chandrasekhar join bjp ? I thought he was INC MP at one point? has a gigantic villa in koramangala 4th block among other assets.
he is ex-IA or ex-IAF iirc.

Chowkidar Rajeev Chandrasekhar

Verified account
@rajeev_mp
7h7 hours ago
More Chowkidar Rajeev Chandrasekhar

I do think of u @siddaramaiah - whn I see rotting garbage, dying encroachd lakes, potholed roads n othr signs of brazen corruption in ur 5 yr #10percentSarkara

I think of ur SteelFlyoverDiary, wakf scam, hublot watch, dividing lingayats n losing ur elxn as #TipuSultanBhakt
Rajeev Chandrasekhar, iirc, has never been aligned to the inc overtly. He was not from IA/IAF, but since getting married to the BPL family Nambiar’s daughter, started the BPL mobility business in the Mumbai/MH/Goa, Kerala & TN markets in the 90’s and sold them in the 00’s. From then on he has been a PE investor and an RS MP, perhaps supported by BJP.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

massa passports do not carry much visible useful data for theft like home address, birth location etc. unlike ours.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This is not the only report of Jaitley having cancer.
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/internatio ... are-cancer

First Parrikar, now him. Two of Modi GOI's strong hands.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Singha wrote:massa passports do not carry much visible useful data for theft like home address, birth location etc. unlike ours.
Most don’t . It is an anachronism of a past era . I hope we move to biometric passports soon too. It has been ‘coming soon’ for 4 years now .
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

krisna wrote:https://twitter.com/i/status/1125049649050468359

video of Rajiv G saying when tree falls etc .
please spread it.
This is just fake outrage.
Rajiv was just saying that when an important personality dies, there are large impacts. Just like when a big tree falls, the earth shakes. This is 401% true. How this is a "justification" of any riots, Allah only knows. Does anyone here really believe that Rajiv was saying "accha hua, mar gaye!" to the riots that happened when he himself was PM?
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

^ Context is important of course. But I'm curious. Do we have evidence of Rajiv Gandhi denouncing the riots?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The "large impact" in question wasn't a drop in the stock market. It was the brutal murder and mayhem directed at innocent Indian citizens. For several days. Things got so bad that urgent orders went out in colleges as far south as Malloostan to college principals and profs, to make sure that Sikh students were protected - or they would be held accountable.

In today's Fake Outrage environment, that declaration would definitely have made headlines on CNN if Trump had said it (I mean equivalent in English). At the time it WAS reported as the reaction of an outraged son to the news of his mother's cruel assassination - and that too by trusted guards, the ultimate treachery. People understood it, and regarded it as "temporary insanity" caused by grief and justifiable outrage.

It was the equivalent of "WTF did u expect? Don't u think ppl would be mad?"
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

KJo wrote:

please spread it.
Rajiv was just saying that when an important personality dies, there are large impacts. Just like when a big tree falls, the earth shakes. This is 401% true. How this is a "justification" of any riots, Allah only knows. Does anyone here really believe that Rajiv was saying "accha hua, mar gaye!" to the riots that happened when he himself was PM?
stop this bro. with murderous mobs on the rampage all he had to do was lift his gold phone and call the COAS who would release forces from the huge delhi cantonment, haryana and western UP - all within easy reach of the sikh areas in north delhi (janakpuri, vikaspuri, tilak nagar, rohini) and pockets in east & central delhi where INC street troops were burning people alive.

even the vast delhi police itself is well equipped and staffed to put down any riots. there are also ample numbers of BSF (near palam) and CRPF in and around delhi always to beef up vip security....can easily be retasked.

delhi of all our cities has a vast security apparatus and no lack of resources.

instead a calculated decision from highest tier of congihood was made to let the sikhs burn for a few days before restoring order.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

KJo wrote:

please spread it.
It’s the bloody job of the government to ensure that the ‘earth doesn’t shake’ . That single statement sits among the annals of Indian political history’s biggest shrug-nothing-can-be-done moments .

It wasn’t a natural disaster like an earthquake that the government had no way to stop . This was riots, aided and abetted by the Congress against one particular demographic . The leaders of those riot mobs have spent decades in the upper echelons of this party since then .

Please take your nonsense elsewhere or we can have you come back post May 23.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

KJo wrote:

please spread it.
His and overall congress attitude was very casual about 83 riots. Its not like "achha hua mar gaye" it was "hamari PM mar gayi toh unhe bhi marna hi tha" (they killed our PM so obviously few of them will die". Take that statement in that context.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

it is sheer madness and malice to justify mass murder in that way, right in the nations capital.
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

HKL Bhagat (Information and Broadcasting minister at that time, I think) was a highly-placed congressi and close confidant of Rajiv Gandhi, and he, as I understand it, deliberately engineered some of the riots (while other riots being spontaneous) in Delhi.

I am reasonably sure Rajiv G. knew of this, since this was all local to Delhi (HKLB and Rajiv G. were both in Delhi). It was more than an act of indifference to the riots by Rajiv G. He could have stopped a lot of killing by just asking HKLB to stop his stuff which did not even require deploying the police or troops.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

It is pathetic that INC had caused so many riots but were never held responsible for them.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

darshan wrote:
Does anyone from this era and area have any personal anecdotes?
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

I am absolutely astounded that a member on this forum is justifying and/or making excuses for the Gandhi scoundrels. Rajiv Gandhi undoubtedly unleashed his attack dogs on the Sikhs, just as decades ago, the Congress machinery had launched attacks on Punekar brahmins after the death of MK Gandhi.

And not just that, they even made the claiming of compensation by the survivors near impossible. My father's colleague had a relative who was burned alive in the riots. The family filed many applications and petitions for compensation which they were entitled to, but on some pretext, were always denied. My father was close to Pramod Mahajan, and when Atalji came to power, through Mahajanji was able to get the family the compensation they had been chasing for over a decade. Not only did they unleash violence, but wanted to teach them a lesson after that too. This was a systematic use of government machinery to target an Indic group, nothing can whitewash that.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

For the younger folks here.

Rajiv Gandhi was probably corrupt as it was pretty much the norm for his cronies, but he was not an abettor to mob violence against Sikhs. When the chants of khoon ka badla broke out out he tried to pacify the crowd.

People like Jagdish Tyther from kangress were key orchestrators.

There was some pent up anger in the eighties. In Panjab during the Khalistan times buses used to be routinely stopped and Hindus were lined up selectively and shot dead this happened for quite a few years.

People like KPS Gill and Ribeiro cleaned up the Khalistanis.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

I must admit I am so naive to understand Modi's gameplan. After his rajeev comment I was worried RG will get sympathy but it looks like congress is avoiding confrontation at all cost on that subject and bjp supporters now pushing the subject. Conggress literally fell for this and now realized the perils awaiting ahead.

Modi truly opened the wounds just in time for punjab polls. entire punjab is going on vote in phase 6. Keep up with this. Lets light this up even more. too good sirji too good

Edited: removed smily. Was not appropriate.
Last edited by abhijitm on 06 May 2019 09:48, edited 2 times in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

KJo wrote:

please spread it.
Just curious? Are you really this naive? Calling such asinine behavior by an elected representative, to be "fake outrage"?

A few regiments of the Army, would have stopped all the rioting. The rioters were led by INC workers and even targeted Sikhs in the services with impunity. Where does that happen unless there is complete "support from above".

This "fake outrage" ended up poisoning Hindu-Sikh religions for perpetuity, all so that the INC could get its "revenge". Yeah Khalistanis machine gunned Hindus. Indian Army knocked them out and even took over Golden Temple to cleanse it of the Khalistanis. Then IG gets assassinated and *then* riots occur. Not before when violence was at a peak in Punjab.

You think all this happened by accident and Rajiv was some dudh ka dhula fellow?

Seriously, you are either living in a parallel universe, or are coming up with absurd defense after defense of somebody who just let these things happen.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

abhijitm wrote:Edited
You can't become PM of India, unless you're Gandhi/Nehru scion, without having significant political skill. NM is a world class leader and statesman. He stands head and shoulders above Trump, Xi and Putin. It is only once in a rare while that we get to see such a living leader. At one time in late 2008, I thought it was Obama, but I was very wrong.
Last edited by ramana on 06 May 2019 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: abhijitm has edited his post. Please don't use quote unnecessarily as it makes admin job harder. ramana
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

BJP's Barrackpore candidate Arjun Singh was allegedly attacked by Trinamool Congress workers shortly after he voted. "I was attacked by TMC goons who have been brought from outside. Those people were scaring away our voters. I am injured," he told news agency ANI.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

so just as central forces are shifted from theater to theater, TMC too shifts its lashkars and goon squads.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

banrjeer wrote:For the younger folks here.

Rajiv Gandhi was probably corrupt as it was pretty much the norm for his cronies, but he was not an abettor to mob violence against Sikhs. When the chants of khoon ka badla broke out out he tried to pacify the crowd.

There was some pent up anger in the eighties. In Panjab during the Khalistan times buses used to be routinely stopped and Hindus were lined up selectively and shot dead this happened for quite a few years.

We are not that young. Rajiv Gandhi was part and parcel of the establishment. Yes, lot of anger about Hindus being machine gunned by Khalistanis, and what do you think the Indian state (led by many Sikhs) did to the Khalistanis? It was brutal. So it was not a Hindu Sikh issue as is being painted out. If it was, point is there were no riots when much worse violence in Punjab was happening.

When did these riots occur and why were they led by Congress guys? And how do the Congress suddenly start representing Hindus?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Rajiv Gandhi was never put under scanner that Modi was to give him clean chit. INC essentially owned all realms of government to make anything disappear. Anyone Dharmic with any iota of guilt would have resigned and disbanded whole Inc after that.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

I see shades of similarity in the treatment sought for Rajiv Gandhi and the whole Gandhi clan and again in the justification of special treatment of minorities in the country, with how parents treat their sole child that also happens to be prone to getting frequent bouts of illness and as a consequence, is accustomed to getting his slightest wish granted. So much so, the child not only takes a pampered style of upbringing for granted but is also keen to push the envelope further and further to a point where the patience of one of the parent snaps and shouts at the child for unreasonable behaviour. At which point the child brawls out in extreme agony compounded by perplexity that having had his wilful ways prevail all this while but is suddenly being deprived. At this point some elder in the family typically the grand mother, intervenes and chides the mother/father for being harsh on a sickly child and advises the parents to be mindful of the special needs of the child. Modi and vast sections of the general public are the parents, Gandhi clan, minorities are the sickly pampered child and the mainstream media and left liberal intellectuals are the adoring grand parents.
See how this plays out in real world of politics. Rahul Gandhi relentlessly accuses Modi of corruption without any shred of evidence. Keeps pushing the envelope by more and more novel ways of abuse citing more innuendos and insinuations. Modi snaps and says look who is talking- a person whose father died as no 1 corrupt man. At which point, the mms pipes in saying, 'spare a thought for the tragic circumstances of his death. How can one be so cruel etc. etc.' The left liberals too weigh in with a sage comment. 'One should not speak ill of the dead'. For added effect they also say, 'this has been one of the most divisive election campaigns in India's history' and so on as if there is a richter scale of divisiveness for election campaigns . And of course RG too like the spoilt child exclaims 'what wrong have I committed? I have only said how come all chors have Modi as the surname? When I said chowkidar chor hai you were quite fine with it. But but suddenly you are flaring up. Bahhhhh', he howls in protest. Same with minorities. Can I have a school to run as I please? 'Sure, go ahead, say the indulgent parent. Can I have a special extra two morning for voting. The parent general public say, 'that's enough. Stop this nonsense. Get on with voting like everybody else'. The minority brawls out. 'Why are you being so mean. It is just two extra hours'. And so on. The MSM and left liberals click their tongues in disapproval. They say, 'you know, they have been traumatised by the partition. It is such a small thing. Surely you could accommodate them?' The public is left scratching their heads.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

banrjeer wrote:For the younger folks here.

First of all, it was not hindu vs sikh riots. It was congress vs sikh riot. I am old enough and within hindu community there was no pent up anger against sikhs as whole but against khalistanis and pakistan who supporting them.

So, don't try to justify the riots or give them religion color. What happened in delhi was purely congress using state machinery to take revenge of murder of their leader. Rajeev was sitting in delhi and he let his goons loose. It was like I give you 7-10 days, teach them a lesson, do what you can and we can justify murders as fit of anger.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

The G clan get away with so much because we have limousine nationalists howl in sympathy whenever anyone of these idiots is criticised. We see the same whenever some film star or Khan or whatever is criticized. Same jokers who will be outraging about how India should teach Pakistan a lesson, how every liberal is a JNU waste product will suddenly get cold feet.. but but.. not this guy.. this armchair hypocrisy is what gets to me.
Modi was reviled, mocked, put through all sorts of legal trouble for a fraction of what Shri RG presided over. And RG gets a "get out of jail free" card in perpetuity.