Requests to Admins - 2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Re: Requests to Admins - 2019

Post by Rahul M »

user vinu has been reactivated.
nitinb
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinb »

Please change my user Id to nitinb
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

done.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Dear Admins, the email I registered with is no longer valid since I had to change my internet service provider.
Could you please suggest how I could change it to my j e e m a i l address?
Thanks a lot, good day !
durairaaj
BRFite

Post by durairaaj »

We have a thread on good governance that collects articles supproting government decisions. We need a thread that collects articles that questions the government decisions and point out its mistakes.
There are many issues government in which the sitting government made poor decisions.
examples:
1) Lack of investments for vaccine production. Excessive bureacratic stronghold over vaccine pricing that prevented BharatBio from getting sufficient financial return to invest more.
2) Train18 vande bharat productionization
3) bureacratic stronghold over armed forces.Sacking the General
This forum and its members including me are patriotic. I support many of the policies of the gvernment and consider to be beneificial as a nation in the long run. But the forum cannot be idle itself into ignoriance when the sitting government makes overt mistakes that are not beneficial to the nation in the long run.

Without adequate negative feedback, no system can tune itself to be stable.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

BRF's https certificate has expired. Getting warning from browsers before continuing to the site

Webmasters: please take a look
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Can you clear cache and try again? It shows me that it is valid till October.
bharathp
BRFite

Post by bharathp »

i dont see any such certificate error.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

I am seeing the error too.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Pratyush is being highly offensive calling my posts BS and demanding I be banned.For what? the IA itself has asked for an urgent req. of 350 amphib. LTs. to meet the Chinese threat in Ladakh,etc.
In the armour td. I've been giving examples of AVs in other countries which could have a bearing upon out FRCV, LT,etc. I'm afraid the habit of simply and crudely badmouthing a poster because you disagree with him has become all to prevalent on BRF.One can politely agree to disagree and move on. Kindly advise him .
Maria
BRFite

Post by Maria »

There was once upon a time when civility prevailed here as I have been lurking on the platform since its inception (now I am 38). I hope to start a BR Nostalgia thread to talk about past glories of BR. BRedators/BRAdmins please advise if my thinking is wrong.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Go ahead and start the thread in Strat Forum.
neerajdeo

Post by neerajdeo »

Admins,

It took me many months of failed effort to get password of my original account "neeraj" as I was getting no response to my forgot password/request admin requests. I finally had to create a new account but would like to get neeraj restored. "neeraj" was an old account since early 2000s Anything you can do to help. I am more than happy to send scans of my id.

I tried to PM admins but looks like I cannot do that. If admins can PM me on the process to restore the original id I will be very grateful. I need my old id back please.

Thanks
Neeraj
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

neerajdeo wrote:Admins,

It took me many months of failed effort to get password of my original account "neeraj" as I was getting no response to my forgot password/request admin requests. I finally had to create a new account but would like to get neeraj restored. "neeraj" was an old account since early 2000s Anything you can do to help. I am more than happy to send scans of my id.

I tried to PM admins but looks like I cannot do that. If admins can PM me on the process to restore the original id I will be very grateful. I need my old id back please.

Thanks
Neeraj
Hi Neeraj, your old account is active. Admins do not have access to your password but I believe I can set a new temporary password on your account and PM that to you on this account. Then once you log in you can change it. Let me know if you'd like to do that.
neerajdeo

Post by neerajdeo »

Thank you
nachiket wrote: Hi Neeraj, your old account is active. Admins do not have access to your password but I believe I can set a new temporary password on your account and PM that to you on this account. Then once you log in you can change it. Let me know if you'd like to do that.
Thank you sir. I appreciate this very much. Please PM me on my neerajdeo account.
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

This has worked. Many Thanks
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Welcome. I have deleted your new account now that you have access to the old one.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Posting on behalf of new member "karn" (I know him personally, he's a bona fide mujahid). He says he tried to reset his password but didn't receive an email for confirmation. Now he is locked out of his account.

Please do the needful.
ABharatiya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ABharatiya »

Hello Admins,

I had a previous username "Anthony Hines" which I registered back in 2009 using a corporate email id to which I no longer have access. Recently, I lost access due to a changed password and then forgot the password. Long story short, I have since re-registered using a new username (ABharatiya). Question to the Admins: Can I have my old "BRfite" status on my new username?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Rudradev wrote:Posting on behalf of new member "karn" (I know him personally, he's a bona fide mujahid). He says he tried to reset his password but didn't receive an email for confirmation. Now he is locked out of his account.

Please do the needful.
RD, please check PM.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

ABharatiya wrote:Question to the Admins: Can I have my old "BRfite" status on my new username?
No. The status is automatically set by the forum software once you have reached a certain number of posts.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Dear Mods,
background :
Re: Afghanistan News & Discussion - April 2016
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7203&start=1760#p2510884
I'm thinking we could have a call for action thread to mobilise willing brfites to take up actions on SM. Heck, if all kinds of people can act coordinately with tool kits etc; we at BRF as a collective force can't stay out of the battle for shaping public opinion, and dare I say national consciousness - can we?

A thread where we simply post a SM news item/article along with the blog/teetar handle of the author/concerned entity. Poster may optionally say what his/her reaction is/was. No pre-defined stuff to copy paste like a tool kit. Just highlight stuff that comes up on SM that deserves/merits a BRFites response. Sort of like my post above.

No discussion in this thread - more like a public notice board that everyone can see and decide for themselves to react or not in an individual capacity.

What do you think?
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

There is a social media thread where you can post and coordinate with others about what to post if you wish: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7828&start=800.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Mods, requesting you to please take action.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7033&start=1000#p2541460

thank you
Vadivel
BRFite

Post by Vadivel »

Cyrano wrote:Mods, requesting you to please take action.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7033&start=1000#p2541460

thank you
I had to reply like that because, he asked for reference, and once given, says "Who cares"!
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

Given that the strategic thread has been locked, can we please start a Nukkad type thread? May not be called Nukkad but still a thread where something that doesn’t quite fit the other threads goes…
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Tanaji wrote:Given that the strategic thread has been locked, can we please start a Nukkad type thread? May not be called Nukkad but still a thread where something that doesn’t quite fit the other threads goes…
Like Miscelllaneous Topics Thread?

Please start one and put above as first post.
srm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by srm »

Dear Sirs,
I wish that Some of you may kindly watch "Gunnershot" channel of Shri Lt Col.Shankar available in You Tube.
Lots of information on China....
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Yes.
He is Lt Gen P.R. Shankar(Retd)

He is on Telegram
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

What's funny is these Mods delete posts with an anomatopoeia - POOF. As if some queer aristrocrat waves his magic wand and then frollicks away through a field of daffodils. Its not enough to just delete the post with a justifiable rationale, they have to try to convince themselves they are above you in the process.

Word of advice for you mods who indulge in this kind of bullsh*t, cut it out.
Cyrano
BRF Oldie

Post by Cyrano »

Thats why I've stopped posting in that thread. Even our hizzoners will have no jobs if no one goes to court.
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Request admins to inform members to go easy on YouTube videos.

Multiple videos on same day on same topic makes it quiet difficult to read posts (especially on mobile)

Or, if possible, the YouTube video screen should be reduced in size in the post area
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Earlier members could start new topics. Is it possible now?
I wish to start a topic on India-Turkey relations.
Indian tourists are visiting Turkey in large numbers and Indian businesses are importing large quantities of materials from Turkey, yet Turkish government has an anti India stance and a pro Pakistan stance.

Through this new thread on India Turkey relations,
I wish to highlight this aspect.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

VKumar wrote: 24 Mar 2024 07:55 Earlier members could start new topics. Is it possible now?
I wish to start a topic on India-Turkey relations.
Indian tourists are visiting Turkey in large numbers and Indian businesses are importing large quantities of materials from Turkey, yet Turkish government has an anti India stance and a pro Pakistan stance.

Through this new thread on India Turkey relations,
I wish to highlight this aspect.
There is a already a thread for this: viewtopic.php?t=5419&start=1440