West Bengal - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

West Bengal - news and strategy thread

Post by Singha »

west bengal is now a faultline between dharma and adharma.
next assembly election is 2021.

legions of trans national criminal enterprises and bif forces.
deadly poll violence

this thread will be used to report on happenings and strategy for reclaiming this state for dharmic forces.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 457778.cms

KOLKATA: BJP leader Roopa Ganguly on Thursday said that BJP would have won more seats in West Bengal had Trinamool Congress (TMC) not resorted to violence and pressurise the masses in all the seven phases of elections in the state.

"People are tired of Mamata Banerjee in West Bengal. Had the elections been held in a fair manner BJP would have won more than 30 seats here that is what Banerjee was afraid of, hence the violence in all seven phases," Ganguly told ANI here.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/69457778.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
ramana
Forum Moderator

Re: West Bengal - news and strategy thread

Post by ramana »

I will try to merge the old Bengal thread from GDF.

Good job GD.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

West Bengal : From 17% vote share in 2014 to 40% vote share in 2019

This whopping increase of 23% vote share in Bengal is a clear indication that @BJP4India has made deep inroads in state.

I applaud the incredible efforts of @BJP4Bengal Karyakartas. We all are proud of you.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

https://twitter.com/rajkarsewak/status/ ... 81440?s=19

Sunil Deodhar expects Mamata govt to fall within 6 months!
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

One interesting story Bagga has told on a youtube channel - When he was arrested and kept in police station - many police constables etc spoke with him and told him that BJP will win lot of seats and Mamata has crossed all limited. They have told that the entire society is fed up with the criminal activities of MTC goons etc. You can just imagine how bad her administration is as of now.

There is no hope of her changing her looting and criminal activities and we have to defeat her in the polls only and massive defections has to happen.
Sicanta
BRFite

Post by Sicanta »

I guess pressure will be bought upon Rajeev Kumar to divulge about saradha, now that he has been called back to Delhi and no mamta or her goons to protect him.

Edit -

All India Radio News
‏Verified account @airnewsalerts

Supreme Court dismisses plea of former Kolkata Police Commissioner #RajeevKumar seeking extension of protection from arrest in multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam case.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

The fight back has started by the BJP.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Yagnasri wrote:One interesting story Bagga has told on a youtube channel - When he was arrested and kept in police station - many police constables etc spoke with him and told him that BJP will win lot of seats and Mamata has crossed all limited. They have told that the entire society is fed up with the criminal activities of MTC goons etc. You can just imagine how bad her administration is as of now.

There is no hope of her changing her looting and criminal activities and we have to defeat her in the polls only and massive defections has to happen.
The problem with the eco system in west bengal, based on what i have heard from bhadralok is that the scum switches side at the right time. I think the dessertion may begin now, but it will happen 1 yr to 6 months before the elections.
BJP would serve the nation better if it doesnt do that and grows in wb organically. That would be better for broader well being of nation. They can bring in icons like ganguly or others to plonk in wb and start cleaning the streets. Even a swatch bharat abhiyan in many areas will go a long way. Again they would need a bangla speaking head. Same as tamilnadu, a bangla speech would be easy for someone who has spoken sanskrit. Why not even read it out. I am willing to bet both my kidneys if AS and NM do this in some of their rallies, that would have huge impact on their cadre and populace in general. Hindi speaking leaders should start doing it more often for curbing the divisive fires being stoked by those practicing scorched earth policy now
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Yes, the possibility of sewerage entering WB BJP is for real. Given that the BJP won 130 AS (150 for TMC) I don't think mass defections are necessary. Maybe a few good leaders.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

Updates from the ground.

Between start of April until 19th May, I flew 4 times to Kolkata. Did my part on 19th.

So, whatever Dilip Ghosh and Rupa Ganguly are saying is absolutely correct. BJP would have reached 30 if there were protection provided by central forces in early phases of the election.

After the results, people are openly saying in public gatherings that the TMC govt. won't be able to complete their term.

There would be mass defections from the TMC.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

SRoy wrote:Updates from the ground.

Between start of April until 19th May, I flew 4 times to Kolkata. Did my part on 19th.

So, whatever Dilip Ghosh and Rupa Ganguly are saying is absolutely correct. BJP would have reached 30 if there were protection provided by central forces in early phases of the election.

After the results, people are openly saying in public gatherings that the TMC govt. won't be able to complete their term.

There would be mass defections from the TMC.
Earlier phases of poll were in North Bengal and BJP did swipe there. So central forces protection excuse is not true.
TMC didn't win a single seat north of Ganga this GE.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

TMC has won only in the central M belt and the bhadralok urban/semi-urban belt. BJP has won 16 of its 18 seats in the rural belt. This is because the bhadralok is still wary of the BJP and is kept in good humor with culture and other stuff. There has been very little improvement in infrastructure, economic development and mostly importantly the jobs situation. The western part of the state has gone saffron. I think the lynchings from trees played a good part in it. Most of TMC violence is in rural areas just like the CPIM.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Cross posting from election thread
-----------------------------------------

The story of WB, the revenge of Mukul Roy

This stunning performance of BJP in WB has many fathers but none more influential than Mukul Roy. He caused a vertical split of TMC where the loosing faction within TMC everywhere in WB worked for BJP while being TMC on paper. The scale of the ops and the precision with which it has happened is stunning to say the least. Stuff of the legend, pure special force kinda performance.

The inside dope is that in many case, these TMC guys even took part on violent booth capture but when the time came, pressed the lotus button!!! Sometimes, they did all the fighting to stop actual TMC core voters to reach the polling station and gave false vote to BJP instead. They being known as TMC didn't cause much suspicion. Jihadidi is livid, doing a internal KGB style interrogation to find all the turncoats. Already Subhranshu Roy, the son of Mukul Roy and sitting MP from Bijpur has been expelled from TMC.

Mukul Roy is legendary in Bengal politics circle in terms of organization, truly Amit Shah of Bengal. It is said that he knows every polling agent of every booth in WB on first name basis. He was also the finance and accounting guy for TMC. (Many doesn't know, he was the actual founder member and the first president of TMC, not jihadidi)

However he is not a charismatic crowd pulling leader like jihadidi. Using that short coming jihadidi treated him exactly like how RaGa treated HBS. The nephew of jihadidi, Abhishek were made the 2nd most important person in TMC.

Abhishek, in true Sanjay Gandhi style, brought in his own brand of goons, er student/youth leaders in TMC. There started a clash within TMC and Mukul Roy and most of his supporters were side lined.

Came out the story of Sarada and Narada scam. Jihadidi literallay hung Mukul outside to dry as the accounting guy to take the blame in similar fashion of Kunal Ghosh, Madan Mitra, Tapas Pal and Sudip Banerjee. Mukul switched side to BJP instead. His son Shubhransu stayed on TMC.

He had the usual initial incompatibility with BJP state leaders and even now not too close of Dileep Ghosh, the state president of BJP but he has formed a good working relation and started to work slowly since the last panchayat election. He build the connections between BJP core, RSS, Bajrang Dal and the looser faction of TMC all over WB. And the entire thing has been done with good amount of operational secrecy so that even though state level TMC leaders had some inclination of hanky panky and did some amount of house cleaning, no one even in their wildest nightmare imagined the scale of the rot.

The rest is history. The scale and secrecy of it truely mind boggling.

PS: the school and collage whatsapp groups are in jubiliant mood. Barring one or two hard core TMC supporters and a few more left leaning intellectuals, the rest everyone is basking in the glory of teaching jihadidi a solid lesson

PS2: While Bengal is within the reach, it is still a bit away to win Bongs, though i must say the current win has lessened the bitterness to a large extent. BJP is still perceived as a non-bengali party devoid of bong sensitivity, the Vidyasagar statue incident is once such example.

-----------------------------

To overcome the same, earlier BJP state level guys mature and start bringing in local Bong emotional issues the better. I mentioned the example of TMC MP and MLAs doing rioting on WB state assembly to break furniture with legacy of legends like Netaji that could have taken up by BJP to counter the Vidhyasagar statue incident more aggressively.

Similarly, BJP should take up the issue of Taslima Nasrin in WB who us Bongs consider one of our own but she had to leave Kolkata in tears on 2007 as Muslims did rioting with the demand to expel her for her liberal writings. Right now she is hiding in Delhi with an undertaking to Central Govt of not write any more and curtail her FoE. Off course Central govt at that time was UPA who did nothing for her FoE. Most of us bongs still consider it one of our darkest days when she had to leave the state.

Now BJP taking a public stance of bringing her back to Kolkata with respect, dignity, protection and full freedom of writing will tie the jihadidi and TMC in multiple knots. They can't do it for their Muslim Vote Bank and not supporting this will push the intellectual bhadraloks mentally towards BJP.

Similarly state BJP should take up supporting ban of triple talaq & nikah halala, bringing khariji madrasa under govt control, 40 hours/week of secular education irrespective of religions as RTE for campaign in WB assembly election, with the promise to support these in Rajyasabha if we they win, as these will put the TMC and bhadraloks on divergent path once more. With the weight of 18 MP seats in BJP, the bhadraloks can not ignore these ideas as divisive and push under carpet any more and with polarization along these lines, more and more will side with BJP. Taking up Cow and Ram etc will not cause the polarization that these issues will cause if kept in the centre fold of a media campaign. And more the polarization, higher the chance to BJP ascending CM's chair in Kolkata

PS 3: You would have noticed that the most success of BJP in WB still came from northern and western part and a bit here and there from the rest and solidly nil from Kolkata and surroundings. BJP needs to break that bastion of bong intellectuals by taking up issues closer to them as stated above.
SRoy
BRFite

Post by SRoy »

@Supratik: Barrackpore, Ranaghat, Bongaon etc. very well count as suburban. It is immediate suburbs around Kolkata that will take time to convert. But again these are the "bhadralok" areas that do not get to experience all the violence, extortion and assorted goondaism. I was expecting Barasat to fall as well.

@Picklu: Cover by central forces were effective only the last two phases. For the 7th phase it was very good, provided by ITBP in our area (Salt Lake). In contrast even in 6th phase despite presence of central forces there was violence in Barrackpore (my parents place ... so that's from horses mouth).
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

My main concern is who is going to be the CM face. BJP will need one. Modi can't do it as people know he is not going to be CM. And if they go without a CM candidate against a powerful face like Mamata they will end up like Odisha where they had no one to take on Naveen. I see three candidates Dilip Ghosh, Mukul Roy and Babul Supriyo. I hope this does not turn into a factional fight.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Why not Sourav Ganguly? He has Pan India Appeal, not just Bengal Appeal.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Too late for him.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Yagnasri wrote:One interesting story Bagga has told on a youtube channel - When he was arrested and kept in police station - many police constables etc spoke with him and told him that BJP will win lot of seats and Mamata has crossed all limited. They have told that the entire society is fed up with the criminal activities of MTC goons etc. You can just imagine how bad her administration is as of now.

I heard similar stories from a friend who was part of the electoral process. the WB police guards (muslims at that) at his polling station were all fed up with the TMC and wanted to try out BJP. I heard similar sentiment from another muslim guy who worked outside the state and again, was clearly interested in trying out the BJP.

He also shared a very interesting statistic, the list of WB LC's if only the postal ballots are considered, BJP is winning 39 of them, 1 each to the INC Left and TMC. I checked that BJP is winning most of those by 2:1 to 6:1 margins. Now these are all poll officials i.e state govt employees and you can imagine the level of support.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Rahul M wrote:

I heard similar stories from a friend who was part of the electoral process. the WB police guards (muslims at that) at his polling station were all fed up with the TMC and wanted to try out BJP. I heard similar sentiment from another muslim guy who worked outside the state and again, was clearly interested in trying out the BJP.

He also shared a very interesting statistic, the list of WB LC's if only the postal ballots are considered, BJP is winning 39 of them, 1 each to the INC Left and TMC. I checked that BJP is winning most of those by 2:1 to 6:1 margins. Now these are all poll officials i.e state govt employees and you can imagine the level of support.
DA issue. The state government employees are far behind than their central counterparts. Very accute for lower level of police personnel having abysmal kind of basic salary and most getting into toto as side business just to provide food for family.
One reason why the silent wave worked, low level of police personnel, irrespective of religion, are angry with Jihadidi and trying other options.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Didi has called in all district heads for a gestapo type questioning.
the hunt for moles and sleeper cells will imo consume her remaining 2 years, while some people will overtly resign and join BJP - esp the bjp ruled areas.

her reign of terror must be brought to an end in 2021 assembly voting.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

mukul roy's son who had remained in TMC as a sitting MLA has been kicked out

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 489892.cms

"I am proud of my father, who wrecked the very party he helped build"
"I might join bjp in a few days, all the local clubs will also shift"
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

An important input (not sure if SIB is keeping a watch or not since Jihadi-didi has usurped the local law enforcement personnel under her party fold with intimidation and/or monetary inducement)...

Diamond Harbour seat is a sensitive area as it covers the Sundarban area where the Indo-Bangla border is fuzzy, some areas are totally lawless, and illegal encroachment is taking place silently by the peace-fools. Hundreds of mosques are being built with dubious funding. Hindus are leaving their villages once the peace-fool's percentage crosses about 50%, making those areas become even more lopsided demographically. Some areas are literally no-go areas for the local police and SIB. .... This is the seat retained by Jihadi-didi's "nephew" (read my earlier detailed reporting on this matter) Abhishek Banerjee, the number-2 in TMC today. This time the "prince" has won it with a massive margin of 3 lakh votes amid rampant rigging.
For the last 3-4 years, some remote ares are witnessing sudden influx of African Muslim preachers. (Think of Boko Haram people.) They are attending the local mosques, roams around in traditional peace-fool attire, and intimidating the local Hindus. ... Who is bringing them, why are they coming here, are they coming through the porous border, etc. - are not very clear to local people......
Hope the incoming HM takes stock of this matter, and given BJP's new popularity in the state makes this an issue.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Manu wrote:Why not Sourav Ganguly? He has Pan India Appeal, not just Bengal Appeal.
He is no Dilip Ghosh / Babul Supriyo.

He has a kid and family. It would be difficult for him to venture out.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

aylamrin wrote:
Manu wrote:Why not Sourav Ganguly? He has Pan India Appeal, not just Bengal Appeal.

Saurav Ganguly is too soft for politics. Moreover, he is hand in glove with didi.
However, this election has shown the leadership qualities within the Bengal BJP. A lot of credit must go to Dilip Ghosh (state BJP prez) for his aggressive attitude. He did help the party's rise. But before him it was Rahul Sinha. But both of these two men, who do not see eye to eye, lack sophistication, but did a lot for the party. Here comes then two other mahila leaders - current RS member Ms. Rupa Ganguly (past BJP Mahila Morcha's head) and Ms. Locket Chatterjee (current head of Mahila Morcha). Both are/were celebrities, have mass appeals, very good orators, have fighting skills, and above all - very sophisticated. Both can work in rural as well as in urban areas.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Kati wrote:
aylamrin wrote:

Saurav Ganguly is too soft for politics. Moreover, he is hand in glove with didi.
I would not necessarily agree to that. He was very close to the left leaders though. Yes, on a few freak occasions you might see him offering namaz alongside Jihadidi, but he was brought there, I believe by the scruff of his neck to do so. He deserves some slack to be cut.

Having said that, and despite his aggressive leadership qualities, he is not cut out for this kind of job. He is too "Bhadralok" for this muck, something that Babul was , in his salad days in politics. But look how quickly he transformed himself !

Of the Mahila Morchha, Rupa Ganguly does not cut much ice, with DIlip Ghosh. But Locket? Oh yes, she is our Smriti !
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Rupa was ok but Locket is a fighter. I am not particularly enthused with Rahul Sinha and seems the BJP leadership agrees since his wings have been clipped and Dilip Ghosh made the general few years ago. He is a street fighter of the mamata banerjee mould and much of the credit for this turnaround goes to him, along with Mukul Roy. Babul supriyo has transformed really well but he is too young and inexperienced to be CM.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Rahul M wrote:Rupa was ok but Locket is a fighter. I am not particularly enthused with Rahul Sinha and seems the BJP leadership agrees since his wings have been clipped and Dilip Ghosh made the general few years ago. He is a street fighter of the mamata banerjee mould and much of the credit for this turnaround goes to him, along with Mukul Roy. Babul supriyo has transformed really well but he is too young and inexperienced to be CM.
That is exactly what I am saying. Dilip Ghosh for CM and Mukul Roy for Deputy CM and whatever else.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

I hope MR and DG stays in WB and don't try to become central ministers. They are needed in WB to dislodge the regime.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Also if there is a change in regime in WB the solution to the Gorkhaland problem is to make Darjeeling and perhaps some surrounding areas into an autonomous district like Karbi-Anglong in AS. The last thing India needs is a problem in the chicken's neck area.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Given her press conference yesterday, Jihadidi is a goner in 2021. The kind of arrogant statements she made:
1. Appeasement is ok as vote bank (accept the kick of the milching cow)
2. Done more development (than the people of the state deserve)
3. She doesn't need chair, the chair needs her
BJP should win AE even if put up lamp posts as candidate.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Picklu wrote: BJP should win AE even if put up lamp posts as candidate.
I disagree, lamp posts won't do.
We need real good candidates. We cannot have a Dilip Ghosh at every Assembly Constituency, but we need to check the winability of each candidate. We cannot expect much from peaceful areas, but we cannot afford to lose any from Dharmic areas.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... p-5751441/

3 MLAs including Mukul Roy's son is jumping out of TMC. Hope this is only the start.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Supratik wrote:Yes, the possibility of sewerage entering WB BJP is for real. Given that the BJP won 130 AS (150 for TMC) I don't think mass defections are necessary. Maybe a few good leaders.
Second that. One of the banners of Mamata had been her party got filled with turncoats from the Left. Understand political compromises need to be made. But if it's old wine in a new bottle it will be self defeating. We need clean honest nationalistic governance in WB
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Picklu »

A totally unnecessary blue on blue on twitter on Raja Rammohan Roy.

There were 9 loksabha seats in WB on 7th phase out of which Dumdum and Kolkata Uttar were winnable given the wave but we lost after the Vidyasagar statue incident and the inept handling of the same by BJP.

Today all Bengali newspaper has taken up the issue and spread if far and wide making BJP enemy of Bengali culture :(
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

A totally unnecessary blue on blue on twitter on Raja Rammohan Roy.

There were 9 loksabha seats in WB on 7th phase out of which Dumdum and Kolkata Uttar were winnable given the wave but we lost after the Vidyasagar statue incident and the inept handling of the same by BJP.

Today all Bengali newspaper has taken up the issue and spread if far and wide making BJP enemy of Bengali culture :(
Ashokk
BRFite

Post by Ashokk »

Bengal: 2 TMC MLAs, 20 councillors could join BJP
NEW DELHI: MLAs from the ruling Trinamool Congress as well as opposition parties CPM and Congress are said to be in touch with BJP, amid speculations of some of them defecting to the saffron fold, sources say.
Subhrangshu Roy, TMC MLA from Bijpur and son of BJP leader Mukul Roy is already in Delhi. He is on record having said that me might cross over along with a few more from the party.
Besides Subhrangshu, MLAs Gautam Das of Gangarampur and Tusharkanti Bhattacharya of Bishnupur (both Congress) are likely to cross over to the saffron camp.
BJP sources claimed that CPM MLA from Hemtabad, Debendra Nath Roy would also join its fold. A CPM source confirmed that Roy had indeed gone to Delhi in his bid to switch sides.
Another MLA, Sunil Singh, is also believed to have travelled to Delhi to join the BJP.
BJP's newly-elected Barrackpore MP Arjun Singh, who deserted the Trinamool after being denied ticket from the constituency, has seemingly played a key role in engineering the defections. Sunil Singh is Arjun's relative.
In a setback to TMC chief Mamata Banjerjee, about 20 women councillors of her party arrived here on Tuesday saying they wanted to join BJP as they were influenced by the deep inroads made by the saffron party in West Bengal in the recently-concluded Lok Sabha elections. Some MLAs from TMC, CPM and Congress are also said to be in touch with BJP.
"20 councillors are here in Delhi. We are not upset with Mamata ji (Banerjee) but BJP's massive gains in Bengal has influenced us to join the party. People are liking BJP as they are working for them," Ruby Chatterjee, TMC councillor from Garifa, Ward no 6, told ANI.

Ruby Chatterjee, TMC councillor from Garifa (West Bengal), ward no 6 says, "20 councillors are here in Delhi. We ar… https://t.co/qJxtr3eE5M
— ANI (@ANI) 1559027170000

18 councillors of Halishahar, 17 of Naihati and 14 of Kanchrapara areas are likely to join the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), party sources said.
Once they switch allegiance, the Trinamool could lose control of all three municipalities.
The state witnessed a saffron surge as BJP inflicted a massive blow to the ruling TMC by winning 18 of the 42 parliamentary constituencies, in contrast with the figure of 2 seats in the 2014 general elections.

The Banerjee-led TMC won just 22 seats, as against 34 in 2014.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

New Delhi: In a major jolt to Mamata Banerjee, 16 Trinamool Congress councillors of the Kanchrapara municipality resigned from the party on Tuesday along with BJP leader Mukul Roy's son.

According to sources, Mukul Roy left for Delhi on Monday evening along with his son and TMC MLAs Shilbhadra Dutta and Sunil Singh. The three may join the saffron party, sources added.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Picklu wrote:A totally unnecessary blue on blue on twitter on Raja Rammohan Roy.

I think Dum Dum, Barasat, Kolkata Uttar and Most importantly Kolkata Dakshin were squarely targeted for post 3 PM shenanigans. That is what people are saying. Jadavpur was a foregone conclusion as the beef-glutton CPIM stalwart cut into Hazra's share as he was the only Red guy who could keep his deposit from getting forfeited with a "staggering" (by CPM standards) 21% votes. That is why Hazra lost.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by devesh »

Picklu wrote:A totally unnecessary blue on blue on twitter on Raja Rammohan Roy.

Problem is some of the yahoo non-bengalis seem to have an axe to grind against Bengalis for their perceived "leftism". Bengals trajectory since partition is similar to Punjab's in many ways and Punjab even now voted heavily to INC despite BJP wave in neighborhood.

Bit Punjab doesnt get the ethnic/chauvinist hatred directed against it, which Bengal does.

The current Ram Mohan Roy topic, I suspect, is also raised by the same elements.

On the flip side is somebody like Saswati Sarkar who pretty much has a chip on her shoulder the size of Mt. Everest. But nothing that Sarkar says even comes close to the poison that Khalistanis spread.

After watching a lot of these interactions on twitter, my instinct is that some people really are very insecure or feel threatened by Bengal turning saffron.