Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Aditya_V »

There waa no such scheme in BJP manifesto in 2014. It was a discussion on black money. There was no promise to deposit 15 lacs. Stop the BS.

In 2014 Aidmk came first and in all but 2 seats NDA came 2nd. If not for Sasikala clan there would jave been a tie up.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

To all those who keep repeating the '15 Lakhs' bogey, please follow this thread on Twitter. https://twitter.com/kartikeyatanna/stat ... 1087579136

Surprised that people even on BRF seem so taken in by that Congee propaganda. And if everyone wants a cut of the money from Swiss accounts, would everyone also proportionately give away money owed as national debt?
ssundar
BRFite

Post by ssundar »

Rishi_Tri wrote:Collated numbers on TN from Election Commission website:

If I am interpreting this right, it is more the AIADMK than the BJP that has been decimated in this election. Massive desertion to DMK and Congress. Others have also seen a big gain. The strategy of fielding many small players to inflame passions and take away a small percentage of the votes each - death by a thousand cuts - seems to have worked.

The past has nothing to do with Govindacharya or any individual. TN BJP's fortunes rose and fell in sync with its all India fortunes, with the exception of 2014 where JJ gained from the Modi wave and her own strong leader persona.

2019 is a result of a strong coordinated BIF campaign via WhatsApp. It is important to study this phenomenon deeply because BIF will try to reproduce this effect in other states.
Vinu
BRFite

Post by Vinu »

Ardeshir wrote:
Surprised that people even on BRF seem so taken in by that Congee propaganda.
I sincerely believe that Rishi_tri Ji made that 15 L comment in a sarcastic way.

However in reality there are many 'educated' Tamils believe / want to believe that Modi made this promise and didn't deliver. From my personal experience no amount of rational discussion will make them to accept that. :(( . Every median including TV debates repeated this lie again and again for then last 5 years and will do for next 5 years. TN BJP didn't do or unable to do anything to counter this lies.

Modi hating / bashing became a duty for many in TN.

The reality is the name Modi does not enjoy the reputation it used have prior to 2014. It will need a huge makeover to make it an USP like other States.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

MurthyG wrote:May be OT here, I just noticed something as I was reading the Swarajya article https://swarajyamag.com/politics/tamil- ... has-worked on how five years of anti-Modi propaganda worked to defeat the TsuNaMo in TN.
The BBC started channels in 2017 in Telugu and Gujarati (which look very professional). I am wondering if this is a trend we will see accelerate in the future. Perhaps it is the realization that English media in India is not effective to push the western POV and push their pet themes through these channels to an audience made pliable through the insidious RTE effect on education system.
It is time to reclaim all of the media space for thoroughly Indic channels, especially in Indian languages.
darshan wrote:BBC regional language observation is correct one. Lot of people had resorted to ignoring English one as propaganda one. BBC was heavily pushing youtube feeds of anyone watching anything Hindu. To the point where one search on chalisa would bring BBC Hindi or Gujarati in your face constantly. It started six months ago and now after elections over the behavior has gone too.
What Darshan wrote is correct. They were pushing BBC-Telugu links with polished presentation during my searches also as I was watching Telugu sites/Telugu youtube-TVs during elections.

BJP needs to take care of "these algorithms" and have them monitor the foreign web media (how twitter misuses its algorithms and banning with intent to push certain agendar, etc.). Also they need to promote counter media towards them, Doornob was mentioning such venture.
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

Aditya_V wrote:There waa no such scheme in BJP manifesto in 2014. It was a discussion on black money. There was no promise to deposit 15 lacs. Stop the BS.

In 2014 Aidmk came first and in all but 2 seats NDA came 2nd. If not for Sasikala clan there would jave been a tie up.
With due respect, that was in jest but all the same Modiji did mention in his speeches in 2014 that bringing back black money could amount to Rs 15-20 lac for every person. That is how the 'Jumla' explanation came about from Amit Ji and subsequently latched on to by INC.

Listen at 0:50.

Anyway, nothing more to say on this.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Aditya_V wrote:Guys I am now fairly convined its the past 2006 colour TV mixer Grinder, 10000Rs flood relief in 2016, 1000 Rs State Govt pongal bonus in 2019. Past education loan write off etc The public in TN got majorily greedily based on these experiences and have voted with thier greed.
It is even worse problem in AP. If you don't provide welfare, esp cash schemes, you can't win. YSR started and screwed whole AP population voting behavior. Also worse is cash-for-vote during elections, a party needs to compete and match cash amount to get chance to win and that makes party to be corrupt to raise huge money for election "campaigns".

If voting population is corrupt like that, it is easier for BJP to penetrate than any ideological firewall like Dravidanism. Like they did in AP, Center can cash starve state so the ruling party can't show achievements and they have allocate what they got and can't be over-generous on cash schemes without affecting development.

It also make interesting to see how Modi can satisfy whole North India voters if there is any global economic downturn. He was damn lucky there were no global economic problems during last 5 years.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Aditya_V wrote:There waa no such scheme in BJP manifesto in 2014. It was a discussion on black money. There was no promise to deposit 15 lacs. Stop the BS.
No saar, Rishi_Tri has a point. It is not about whether the 15 lakh expectation was correct, or whether the BJP really promised it or not - it was definitely NOT in their manifesto and he didn't imply this either, afaict. But a lot of people still use the 15 lakh thing as a convenient crutch to criticize Modi* and many of them seem to have had that expectation. If the 72K is a silent expectation this time that led to the sweep, why couldn't the 15 lakh nonsense been back then?

Ergo, I don't believe the 72K was much of a factor either. It was a simple combination of constant propaganda 24x7, misplaced Tamil pride and many idiotic voters with no critical thinking (sadly, not limited to first time voters onlee) who got swayed by memes. These memes are still going on, quite strongly. Some cash given by the usual suspects would have also made the trick.

* Of course, such people "logically" also think that "I won't vote Modi, but he should do everything I expect, otherwise I still won't vote for him". Go figure.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Aditya_V wrote:Guys I am now fairly convined its the past 2006 colour TV mixer Grinder, 10000Rs flood relief in 2016, 1000 Rs State Govt pongal bonus in 2019. Past education loan write off etc The public in TN got majorily greedily based on these experiences and have voted with thier greed.

I think.people of TN thought DMK along with UPA would come to power and voted.
They failed to see the huge bow wave for NaMo.
Sad. Despite Hero of Nowshera is Abhinandan Vartaman. If you can't side with a hero you are dead.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Arshyam,
Deeper political analysis of voting patter shows that in chronic drought prone areas the aNYAY scheme did resonate.
The solution.is to increase farmer income and remove them from clutches of rural distress.

Some of our members are working quietly for a holistic policy that leads to this.

BTW, after 11 December tri state loss, in one month the initiative was seized by BJP. In the run up to polls narrative changed.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Guys saw a tweet mentioning that bypolls can't be ignored and that EPS can form next state government with the help of PMK and by fixing internal party issues. Hope it's true. We really need to keep dee em kay gangs out of power in state. They can't do much with their MPs anyhow.
Shanmukh
BRF Oldie

Post by Shanmukh »

ShyamSP wrote: It also make interesting to see how Modi can satisfy whole North India voters if there is any global economic downturn. He was damn lucky there were no global economic problems during last 5 years.
@ShyamSP-garu,
Sorry for this lateral intervention, but I need to contact you over a project I am working on. If you are on Twitter, please let me know your id. I will follow you there and we can talk there. Otherwise, if you have an email, please let me know and I will send you a mail.
Regards,
Shanmukh
Agasthi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Agasthi »

As a famous dialogue from a famous Tamil comedian “it’s all common in politics”. There was tremendous anger against the DMK in 2014 and they lost all. At the height of JJ’s corruption aftermath she lost her Bagrur assembly seat in 1996. All will be forgotten and forgiven with the right strategy by 2024. In my opinion AP will be lot more easier to capture because they don’t have ideological baggage that exists in TN. The following could be a couple of way forwards:

1. South TN is a good place to start with. AMMK lost but attracted 5% vote share. If ADMk is imploding, absorb as many ideological pasand factions from there. WB offers a pertinent lesson in this regard. If the CPIM votes can shift so can ADMK votes and workers, ADMk was more accomodative in its leadership having had a Malayalee and a practising Brahmin as its head.
2. Try patronage of the same Jallikattu festivals and avoid the Brahmin tag. Patronise and fund the festivals for the Mother Godess during the ‘Aadi’(July) in the villages. Stick to occupying the sacred spaces around the Shaiva faith especially Murugan to avoid northie tag initially to gain grass root acceptance.
3. Get idealougues who can challenge the DK ideologues. We need a Sambandar or a Manikkavasaggar to do to the DK ideologues what they did to the Jain idealogues. And they need to be media savvy as well.
4. Form alliance with Puthiya Tamilagam a Dalit party in south TN who is not averse to BJP.
5. And most importantly, populism works. Bribes in kind or cash works. TN is ageing. There is already Ayushman Bharat. Expand its scope in TN.

Added later:
6. Kindle family feud. Massage M.K Azhagiri to disrupt and cut votes for DMK in south TN. Create a succession struggle.
7. Fund movies and TV through proxies and tie down Sun media empire. This in my opinion important
8. Casteist issues. Force and corner DK’s idealogues on caste issues. There will be plenty of MS Aiyar and Sam Pitroda’s on that issue. Taunt them on the hollowness of the idealogy.

These are some steps and there can be more strategies.
Last edited by Agasthi on 26 May 2019 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Yes. BJP should win south of the true 'south'. That will be the true poetic justice to all the drama going on there.

Actually I like the idea winning the south of south. Forget AP, Kerala and most of the TN districts. BJP should focus on extreme south.
uskumar
BRFite

Post by uskumar »

Amid all this depressing thought of how Hinduism is under grave attack in tn, a film 'monster' had 30 second scene about vallalar and dharmic thought. Gladdened my day.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

UlanBatori wrote:Trying to revive an old belief:
Is it true (as I seem to remember) that the "KL Cangrej" was originally a breakaway organization of the NSS, from the main Cangrej? Then got eaten by the Church?
Yes, after Vimochana Samara against first commie-govt, it was spun off by Mannath Padmanabhan as a political party to fight political battles against the selective land-grab of upper-castes by commies. The non-EJ type orthodox-chrisitian communities too joined in. The only remnant of NSS is the moribund Balakrishna Pillai faction, while the rest formed some powerful regional party.

The NSS is an empty container used to provide a sarkari-nair stamp to a few initiatives. It never mattered in politics or social reforms
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

[deleted]
Last edited by ShyamSP on 26 May 2019 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

BJP Tamilnadu

Verified account

@BJP4TamilNadu
May 24
More
My first job would be to link Godavari and Krishna and this bring water to TamilNadu - Hon min @nitin_gadkari

This is what BJP is all about
Even though you reject #TNRejectsBJP, they will do their duty.

Thank you sir

#BJPStandsForTN
Surely, this must mollify the Tamilians, some what?
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

ramana wrote:

I think.people of TN thought DMK along with UPA would come to power and voted.
They failed to see the huge bow wave for NaMo.
Sad. Despite Hero of Nowshera is Abhinandan Vartaman. If you can't side with a hero you are dead.
I spoke to many of my friends living in TN. BJP was not in play there at all. It is all about ADMK govt. It seems after JJ, ADMK govt indulged in unabated corruption. There is also a unanimous opinion, that ADMK govt was mute in representing TN interests in the center and the relationship that ADMK enjoyed with BJP was useless. So all my friends conclude, the vote for DMK is more about the rejection of ADMK than a rejection of BJP. They were also of the opinion, local BJP leaders are not very articulate in dealing with some of the propaganda made about things like Rafael. Finally, the general opinion is that TN will vote for BJP if Namo can help solve some of the major issues in TN like water scarcity, agricultural stress, and security of the fishermen near Srilankan shores. Another titbit I got is that it seems Nirmala Seetharaman speaks better Tamil than Subramanian Swamy :!: and if someone like Mrs. Seetharaman can take over the state BJP responsibility, there will be more votes for BJP.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

hanumadu wrote:
BJP Tamilnadu

Verified account

@BJP4TamilNadu
May 24
More
My first job would be to link Godavari and Krishna and this bring water to TamilNadu - Hon min @nitin_gadkari

This is what BJP is all about
Even though you reject #TNRejectsBJP, they will do their duty.

Thank you sir

#BJPStandsForTN
Surely, this must mollify the Tamilians, some what?
I would have thought people like Gadkari really not jump the gun like this. Does this mean his ministry is already firmed up? Even if so, why can’t he wait till it is formally announced?

Now re. River linking I am a layperson and don’t understand if this is about some massive project that benefits irrigation and drinking water for AP and TN or just a new and improved Telugu Ganga carrying some drinking water when available. Without details this kind of announcements can just set wrong expectations (including in this case insecurity in KA and AP, potentially?) and become fodder for the meme industry. Just my 2 paise!
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Traditionally India has regions which face periodic droughts and other regions which face floods. The river linking project was conceived to relieve this situation and to transport water from water excess regions to water scarce region. Similar project has been done even in the USA. It is not merely a drinking water, irrigation water project.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

brought from elections aftermath thread to here ....
ShyamSP wrote:...

Gadkari wants roll over water-deficit AP to bring water to TN? Only channel possible is constructed NTR's Telugu Ganga which provides drinking water to Chennai. Before providing to Chennai it has to provide and quench many water deficit areas. He has to bring real Ganga to South India to do so which will be good if River-linking is taken as National project.
Shyam garu,

All those river linking projects are going to use floodwater/reservoir run off during peak monsoon season where the water is otherwise going to waste away into the sea. But probably you know this already .

Chennai's water reservoirs have to wait till November December because the rains come to chennai(and coastal rayalaseema in AP) majorly in the retreating monsoon not in the normal monsoon of June-July in AP and above.

So Chennai and Andhra-Tamilnadu border coast is ideally suited to utilize the peak monsoon water in the KG basin which would have otherwise wasted away into Bay of Bengal.

So all this claims about dutty Gadcurry stealing KG water from "water deficit" AP to give water away to Chennai is BS.

The telugu origin interstate/North-South muckrackers should read this latest news from 20 may 2019 about the 46,000 Cr national project interlinking of Godavari-Mahanadi to utilize the floodwaters of Mahanadi during peakseason.

Now the dutty odiya's are unnecessarily becoming overhead tank to Andhra hain Tkiran ji ?
Last edited by Lilo on 26 May 2019 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
ssundar
BRFite

Post by ssundar »

williams wrote:Another titbit I got is that it seems Nirmala Seetharaman speaks better Tamil than Subramanian Swamy :!: and if someone like Mrs. Seetharaman can take over the state BJP responsibility, there will be more votes for BJP.
This is a very good point that I have also been mentioning in my WhatsApp circles. Nirmala Seetharaman already is a very good orator at a caliber better than JJ. SuSwamy, for all the admiration he gets from educated Hindutva circles, is a joke in most of TN. He also speaks very discernible Brahmin Tamil. NS speaks the Tamil most non-Brahmins identify with. BJP would do well to make NS in-charge of TN.
Atmavik
BRFite

Post by Atmavik »

Lilo wrote:brought from elections aftermath thread to here ....

Gadkari wants roll over water-deficit AP to bring water to TN? Only channel possible is constructed NTR's Telugu Ganga which provides drinking water to Chennai. Before providing to Chennai it has to provide and quench many water deficit areas. He has to bring real Ganga to South India to do so which will be good if River-linking is taken as National project.
Shyam garu,

All those river linking projects are going to use floodwater/reservoir run off during peak monsoon season where the water is otherwise going to waste away into the sea. But probably you know this already .

Chennai's water reservoirs have to wait till November December because the rains come to chennai(and coastal rayalaseema in AP) majorly in the retreating monsoon not in the normal monsoon of June-July in AP and above.

So Chennai and Andhra-Tamilnadu border coast is ideally suited to utilize the peak monsoon water in the KG basin which would have otherwise wasted away into Bay of Bengal.

So all this claims about dutty Gadcurry stealing KG water from "water deficit" AP to give water away to Chennai is BS.

The telugu origin interstate/North-South muckrackers should read this latest news from 20 may 2019 about the interlinking of Godavari-Mahanadi to utilize the floodwaters of Mahanadi during peakseason.

Now the dutty odiya's are unnecessarily becoming overhead tank to Andhra hain Tkiran ji ?
Thanks Lilo ji, or bringing some sanity to this topic . politicians will twist every issue to suite them and yes they are in every party. we on the other hand can discuss issues for what they truly are.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Lilo wrote:brought from elections aftermath thread to here ....

Shyam garu,

The telugu origin interstate/North-South muckrackers should read this latest news from 20 may 2019 about the interlinking of Godavari-Mahanadi to utilize the floodwaters of Mahanadi during peakseason.

Those new excess waters from North will need details and more river-linking project details need to be shared. As I said if you bring real Ganga as envisioned in Vaypayee time, no problem.

Whatever existing waters was all distributed which AP/INC/TDP governments laid out. There is broader assumption that any water from Godavari into Krishna means water from Krishna can be diverted to Rayalaseema. So after satisfying Rayalaseema water deficit and fight with them :D for water, they can take water to Chennai. Only those excess water can given to Chennai so Chennai residents can take showers :) in summer besides current drinking share.

Easy to make blanket twitter statement but juicy details are missing for Seema folks. Some Nellore areas south of Penna are also going through severe drought due to lack of rains for many years which led to cutting one crop. When they hear water to TN, pressure will come from those quarters also to see if they can divert excess waters from Somasila.

Some pictures from BRF past. (good that google search is giving BRF post pictures in top searches 8) )
viewtopic.php?p=1491059#p1491059
viewtopic.php?p=1491069#p1491069
ssundar
BRFite

Post by ssundar »

ShyamSP wrote: Those new excess waters from North will need details and more river-linking project details need to be shared. As I said if you bring real Ganga as envisioned in Vaypayee time, no problem.

Whatever existing waters was all distributed which AP/INC/TDP governments laid out. There is broader assumption that any water from Godavari into Krishna means water from Krishna can be diverted to Rayalaseema. So after satisfying Rayalaseema water deficit and fight with them :D for water, they can take water to Chennai. Only those excess water can given to Chennai so Chennai residents can take showers :) in summer besides current drinking share.

Easy to make blanket twitter statement but juicy details are missing for Seema folks. Some Nellore areas south of Penna are also going through severe drought due to lack of rains for many years which led to cutting one crop. When they hear water to TN, pressure will come from those quarters also to see if they can divert excess waters from Somasila.
Indeed, as is characteristic of everything Modi, we don't see a Project Masterplan laid out clearly for the entire nation to see the vision. River Interlinking is a critical and long-term project that will NOT be fully effective in the next 5 years. It is important for NDA to present the entire project's vision along with the projected timeline and metrics at the very outside. Then, they need to keep presenting the progress with metrics achieved. People need to see the progress made, even if they don't see excess water in their own canals yet.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

It is already there. You have to go back to Vajpayee days stuff to find out how it was conceived. I don't have the time. Otherwise I would have searched for the documents. It is going to be a network of connections through the length and breadth of the country.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Aditya_V wrote:Guys think about the assembly elections in Gujrat dec 2017, Karnataka, MP , Chattisgarh and Rajastan and GE 2019 in these states. All these states have one theme , outragous INC income support and Loan waiver promises before Assembly elections, no delivery on these promises by INC post election and electorate coming with a vegence destroying INC in General Election since they felt cheated.
Not relevant to this thread. However, I would not put Gujarat election on that trend. During that election Gujarat sent message to BJP about real issues: drugs, BDs, expanding buffer zones, governance not to the level expected, no action towards core issues now with no excuse of not having government in the center, EJ activities through the private schools, etc. Nothing related to free doles which they can tell from far. It was all about Gujarat state government taking things for granted and underperforming while voters expected more with government in the center. Gujaratis are adept at keeping track of jama and udhar.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

x-post

https://youtu.be/6vcYlgAkq6M

Will support it if southern states want to break away from India: DMK leader MK Stalin.

"Vandhaal varaverkapaduginrathu (If it (such a situation) comes, it is being welcomed)," Stalin said in Tamil, in response to a reporter who said the prevailing situation in southern states might give rise to a demand for a Dravida Nadu movement. "Varum endra nambikkaiyil thaan naan irukkiren (I hope that it will come)," he adds.

This exchange took place Friday in Erode, a district in western Tamil Nadu.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

I read an anecdote of Banditji threatening Dravidian movement leaders in 1962 to cut out the separatist talk, after which they stopped talking about it in that era. Maybe time to revisit that.
nandakumar
BRFite

Post by nandakumar »

Ardeshir wrote:I read an anecdote of Banditji threatening Dravidian movement leaders in 1962 to cut out the separatist talk, after which they stopped talking about it in that era. Maybe time to revisit that.
It is called the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act or UAPA for short. It is an offence under this law if you demanded secession of any part of India. DMK quickly gave up its demand for a separate Dravida Nadu fearing arrest.
uskumar
BRFite

Post by uskumar »

Will support it if southern states want to break away from India: DMK leader MK Stalin
Sad to see mainstreaming of seperatism movement in tn by DMK. But not unexpected. Nationalism has become anti-thesis to tamil movement. This is what happens when you let Ej media run a mock .
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Stalin is just parroting stuff that many people think. He isn't "driving" anything here. Thats the key takeaway. Focussing on Stalin is missing woods for the trees.
ssundar wrote:
williams wrote:Another titbit I got is that it seems Nirmala Seetharaman speaks better Tamil than Subramanian Swamy :!: and if someone like Mrs. Seetharaman can take over the state BJP responsibility, there will be more votes for BJP.
This is a very good point that I have also been mentioning in my WhatsApp circles. Nirmala Seetharaman already is a very good orator at a caliber better than JJ. SuSwamy, for all the admiration he gets from educated Hindutva circles, is a joke in most of TN. He also speaks very discernible Brahmin Tamil. NS speaks the Tamil most non-Brahmins identify with. BJP would do well to make NS in-charge of TN.
Wut? No she doesn't. She will also be seen as a brahmin woman. JJ showed a lot of spine taking on the dk/dmk gang and was seen as MGRs successor and she was very strongly for TN at the national level. NS has done nothing of that sort yet that she will be taken to by the masses. They'll only see her as a parachuted leader with no groundlevel connect.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Gus »

Venky36 wrote:My 2 np thought... In TN the dmk alliance with cong has channelled the resentment against admk and has gained.

that explains why ADMK won in the assembly seats, despite losing the corresponding LS seat, right? :roll:

Modi is highly unpopular in TN. Not just the usual xtian, muslim hate, but also among the educated, the urbanites, the rural etc..

only the

1 . hindutva (the rss, hindu munnani types, not the average temple going devout fellow)

2. unabashed nationalists

were pro/neutral modi.

rest all are against Modi.

and TN voted for UPA, believing that modi is as unpopular across India as in TN.

TN also gave enough votes in bye-elections to sustain EPS govt. EPS needed 5 to survive and he won 9/22. EPS lost 12 seats they held previously to Stalin. He could have held more in that, if not for the anti-modi wave in TN.

I have been saying this again and again and again and...

the memes and YT channels and the ganging up on debate shows in TV do have an effect.

My own wife voted for KH. My own cousin bro voted for DMK. He also took a farm loan thinking Modi will lose and UPA will come to power and waive the loans.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

People need to understand the memes, YT videos, twitter comments phenomenon in TN.

For you to win, you have to take credit for your work.

There is currently zero credit in TN for any of Modi's work.

whatever you can think of, that will be counted as sure shot credit for Modi in other places, is already discredited in TN to the point that you are fighting a lost cause by doing the lengthy protesting and giving long statistics thing..

Go on, give me a work that you think should have credit and I will give you the dumeel response that will leave you cross eyed and brain scrambled :twisted:
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

This will change in next election as TN people will introspect on the curve ball here. BJP has great chance to penetrate in 2024 if they get a good leader with command over the language.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Aditya_V »

Gus wrote: the memes and YT channels and the ganging up on debate shows in TV do have an effect.

My own wife voted for KH. My own cousin bro voted for DMK. He also took a farm loan thinking Modi will lose and UPA will come to power and waive the loans.
I beg to differ this was an election about freebies which won it for UPA in TN, people did not care who stood whether it was VCK, Communist, INC or DMK. Many wanted press the button get loans waived and plus 72K P.a as cash. Other states like Karnataka, MP, CHattisgarh and Rajastan fell for the same trick in Assembly elections and voted in anger this time around, thats why INC was routed in these states, no other phenomenon except unbelievable INC promises followed by Zero delivery justifies such a wild swing in these states

I hope Stalin and DMK believe the memes and go on modi bashing and so called Tamil separatism for 2021 Assembly elections without Freebies and farm loan waiver promises. We will then how strong thier ideology is.

The Truth is people in TN believed the farm loan waiver and 72K promise. Other states who had experience with the INC system close at hand knew it was BS.

Plus now EPS and OPS dont have to keep watching thier back till 2021. I belive DMK has spent a lot in this election while AIDMK has kept its powder dry. This will be really telling in 2021 Assembly elections.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

^This freebie theory does not make sense and glosses over the real issues like lack of any real leadership (who are taken seriously by Tamils) for the BJP in TN, anti-ADMK votes and pain from GST in a state with a massive number of SMEs.

The NYAY freebies would only have been usable by a the very poor segment of the population and TN being one of the wealthier states, it would not have the appeal that it had in UP or Bihar. In fact there was a significant anti-NYAY sentiment as it would mean robbing TN and other southern states, and a few others like Mah, to subsidize UP/WB/Bihar.
SivaR
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SivaR »

In general southern states give first preference to social mobility. If am more specific about TN, right from the days of Kamaraj, this is the Mantra. This was achieved through many tools, either free schools, free midday meals, quota for BC, free bus travel for students, free bikes for girls etc. This social mobility leads to the highest living standard, almost equivalent to scandinavian countries in PPP terms, hence the service sector is almost 70% of GDP in TN, KL in these natural resource poor states.
For the past decade, this social mobility is very stagnant and even in decline. Hence the huge anti incumbency.
Also in TN , the main public services Transportation(Omni bus),Education,Healthcare are all in the private hands especially either of the main political parties. People were looking for some solution from the Modi government to get it out of their clutches, but the local BJP leaders and cadres enjoyed the power without having any responsibility. The huge drama to keep the ADMK government in power with the help of BJP in centre was nauseating day in and day out and people saw it as attack on democracy. Also the sand mafia and cement cartels, the centre don't even have any clue what's going on in the ground. If the national parties wanted to have role in the south, they need to have some policies mainly for quality education, health care and transportation, to keep up their human resources. Otherwise the one size fits all policy does not work here.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

siva509 wrote:..This social mobility leads to the highest living standard, almost equivalent to scandinavian countries in PPP terms, hence the service sector is almost 70% of GDP in TN, KL in these natural resource poor states...
Really ? :roll:

Rest of the post you are referring to anti incumbency which is par for the course against AIADMK.

But the decisive factor on the perception on BJP is from the meme factory run by BIF/DK gangs & willingly consumed by those who want to validate their bias against BJP/Modi as clearly enunciated by Gus ji in his post.