Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 742
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby OmkarC » 07 Feb 2021 00:23

Yagnasri wrote:Both states are totally free items for everyone and everything. No need to work. No need to pay taxes or charges. Open looting by politicos, employees, business people and goons. Open EJ activities in AP and Jihadi activities of MIM in TS.

That is the situation of Telugu people.


Correction: both Jihadi & EJ activity in TG.. churches are still spreading in TG.

KCR has started a silent multi-pronged attack on BJP, FYI:

-targeting aggressive Hindutva leaders by court.. recently, Raja Singh, the mla from old city, was sentenced by court for 1 yr in jail as he was ruining cow-slaughter industry of Old-city & of course the minority domination in major hindu temples.. I think they will go similar route with other 2nd tier leaders.

-having a leader of reddy community make provocative comments on hindutva topics.. to draw responses from BJP state leaders and have them portrayed as anti-reddy, which will prevent their growth in southern and eastern TG.. while he and his son either don’t respond or only talk about some local issues or continue new “development” promises, while pointing out how BJP only talks about religion and nothing else.

- massive development of hindu pilgrimage sites like Yadagiri gutta, where he’s investing over 5-600 crores of govt money, and it’s supposed to be completed before next assy polls.. it’s supposed to be grander than both Thirumala & Ayodhya apparently.. he’ll of course continue to do his Homams & Yagnas when he’s not drunk at his farmhouse to prove his Hindu credentials.

Reality from what I hear from relatives and friends at ground level is that poor, especially rural people & tribals, are suffering like anything as he has done nothing but outsource local governance to contractors-turned-politicians.. they maintain small private armies (some imported from Bihar) to crish dissent, grab land from small farmers & tribals ideally, communists should be the ones growing but these people have tried & tested them in the past with no positive outcome.. they are hoping for a strong non-communist alternative, even BJP .

-

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 8164
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Sachin » 07 Feb 2021 22:00

As elections are nearing in Kerala, every politician is now a Sabari Mala Ayyappa devotee.
Congress has proposed a new law which would ensure the sanctity of the shine. Their law draft recommends imprisonment for two years, for folks who want to mess with the temple :). The commies now say that they will check for people consensus before indulging in further adventeurism (after Hon. SC gives its final verdict on review petitions).

How ever the icing on the cake was a statement from MV Govindan who stated that dialectical materialism (Vairudhyathamaka Boudhikavaadam in Malayalam) is impractical in India. This confusing word is perhaps the core part of Marx's theory on politics (i.e Marxism), and if that is no more relevant in India then the commies perhaps should try some other ideology. It was quite obvious that a political theory written by a German basing his knowledge of Germany and Europe cannot be just implemented in a very diverse country like India, which shares nothing much with Germany or Europe. Yet the dinosaur comrades (mainly WB and KL species) still stuck on with this theory, just like how some people say that every problem has a solution in their holy book.

OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 742
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby OmkarC » 07 Feb 2021 23:27

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yK8ok0ctsFA

KCR wants to go down in history as another Sri Krishnadevaraya (and he would have if he didn’t indulge in wanton Owaisi-appeasement).. Yadagiri gutta temple is looking spectacular already and will cement his legacy after completion.. cant remember any other Hindu temple being built in south India (or even entire India) on this scale.. even if he’s anti-bjp and done for partly political reasons, this needs to be welcomed.. BJP will have a tough time proving how they’re a better alternative after this opens to all.

Rony
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3349
Joined: 14 Jul 2006 23:29

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Rony » 08 Feb 2021 06:58

Listen to Jaishankar's speech at Intellectuals meet in Vijayawada


vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5518
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby vijayk » 08 Feb 2021 07:53

Every Andhra channel is dominated by talk Vizag Steel plant getting privatized. Most idiotic people of India are in AP. Every one cries about Jagan criminal Xian empire they keep crapping on Modi

Heard this from AP friends:

Jagan banned TV5 in Ap which criticize and show all false news in his own channel Saksi.
He is killing swamijis. No one can enter DGP office with bottu. They have to remove all Hindu symbols before entering his office
only one can stop him is Modi, but he has least interest in AP.
Very depressing to hear ... They literally are killing people who oppose them

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5518
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby vijayk » 08 Feb 2021 08:20






Looks like MP Rammohan Naidu of TDP is very articulate and aggressive but Naidu does not let him grow in TDP

What do others think here? Can BJP get him?

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9981
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Yagnasri » 08 Feb 2021 13:01

IIRC this person is son of Ex. Yerram Naidu a long term TDP leader.

In respect of KCR, he is quite good on knowledge level. So we expected him to be a better administrator. But he failed in that. Now mostly ruling like WB type admin. The state was revenue surplus when it was created and in 6 years has huge debt on par with useless AP.

The Hindu religious leaders met in TN under Kanchi Shankaracharya recently to discuss and rectify the situation in AP. Meeting was organised by RSS. Srungeri Shankaracharya and others were in attendance along with major religious leaders like China Jiyyar Swamy and Pejaur Swamy. Press meet after the Sadas is on youtube.

Cyrano
BRFite
Posts: 963
Joined: 28 Mar 2020 01:07

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Cyrano » 08 Feb 2021 23:32

Rony wrote:Listen to Jaishankar's speech at Intellectuals meet in Vijayawada

Nice speech by EAM SJ, relevant and realistic. BJP needs to do this a lot more in AP, TS and all of southern states for the next 4 years to renew their mandate at the centre and hopefully win some state elections.

Vadivel
BRFite
Posts: 329
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 12:31
Location: Chennai
Contact:

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Vadivel » 08 Feb 2021 23:51

What’s going on here, converted Jews in Erode :eek:


Cyrano
BRFite
Posts: 963
Joined: 28 Mar 2020 01:07

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Cyrano » 09 Feb 2021 00:01

Seems like India is the last place left on earth where significant conversion targets can be achieved by targeting Hindus.

Meahwile Shankaracharya, Jeeyar swami et al are doing meetings to come up with what, we don't know.

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10852
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Vayutuvan » 09 Feb 2021 02:33

ramana wrote:VT Have you seen a Telugu movie Mana Kurrale on YouTube?


Saw the trailer on IMDB. Looks very Interesting. mana kurraaLLe

OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 742
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby OmkarC » 09 Feb 2021 06:07

vijayk wrote:Every Andhra channel is dominated by talk Vizag Steel plant getting privatized. Most idiotic people of India are in AP. Every one cries about Jagan criminal Xian empire they keep crapping on Modi

Heard this from AP friends:

Jagan banned TV5 in Ap which criticize and show all false news in his own channel Saksi.
He is killing swamijis. No one can enter DGP office with bottu. They have to remove all Hindu symbols before entering his office
only one can stop him is Modi, but he has least interest in AP.
Very depressing to hear ... They literally are killing people who oppose them



Can you point to some links or is this based on word of mouth ? Political killings, TDP vs Congress (and now its descendent YSRC) are quite common.. but killing Swamijis or Sadhus is another level.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9981
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Yagnasri » 09 Feb 2021 10:37

Cyrano wrote:Meahwile Shankaracharya, Jeeyar swami et al are doing meetings to come up with what, we don't know.


So far we do not know what they have done. But in the press meet they had after the meeting their decisions and what they want to do were told openly. It is in YouTube. In fact there was a hit job by CBN controlled Telugu Tv media on even this meeting one day before the actual meeting. Now CBN/TDP want to stop BJP from getting Telugu Hindu votes in AP. So for almost everything it is BJP what is being attacked by them.

Even the decision to privatize the Vishakha Steels by GoI is not being shown as a Anti Telugu/Anti AP action of BJP by creating big emotional thing. The old slogan "Vishakha Ukku andrula hakku" (Vishakha Steel is Andras right) is being revived. Even local BJP is opposing the privatization move.

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 8164
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Sachin » 09 Feb 2021 13:30

The commies have their undies twisted to multiple knots in Kerala :lol:.
Sabarimala issue will be resolved after holding talks, says {S Ramachandran Pillai - Polit Bureau material}
Sabarimala issue: Ready to file fresh affidavit, says CPM.
Sabarimala affidavit: MA Baby does a U-turn, clarifies he didn’t declare CPM’s stance.

One Polit Bureau member says - "that CPM has decided to hold talks with all groups of society after the Supreme Court pronounces the verdict on the appeal in the entry of women to Sabari Mala". Another one says commies are now willing to file a new affidavit if Hon.SC asks for that, and then does a U-turn in the next one hour. The truth is that the commies are now totally worried that Hindu votes are not going their way, and that they also cannot be assured of a win purely on the vote coming from Islamist organizations.

PS: Personally I wish to see commies once again coming to power. Reason is that current GoKL has taken huge loans from various organizations and the repayment schedule would start during the next government's tenure. Ideally the commies themselves should be in power so that they are forced to take steps to start the repayment. The extra steps needed to generate the revenue would really chew the behinds of the commies.

suryag
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3860
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 00:14

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby suryag » 09 Feb 2021 19:56

BTW a master stroke by BIF to bring YS Sharmila in Telangana. They realized it is hard to beat BJP so why not join them.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5518
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby vijayk » 09 Feb 2021 20:54

OmkarC wrote:
vijayk wrote:Every Andhra channel is dominated by talk Vizag Steel plant getting privatized. Most idiotic people of India are in AP. Every one cries about Jagan criminal Xian empire they keep crapping on Modi

Heard this from AP friends:

Jagan banned TV5 in Ap which criticize and show all false news in his own channel Saksi.
He is killing swamijis. No one can enter DGP office with bottu. They have to remove all Hindu symbols before entering his office
only one can stop him is Modi, but he has least interest in AP.
Very depressing to hear ... They literally are killing people who oppose them



Can you point to some links or is this based on word of mouth ? Political killings, TDP vs Congress (and now its descendent YSRC) are quite common.. but killing Swamijis or Sadhus is another level.


Will get details

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5518
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby vijayk » 09 Feb 2021 23:38

https://www.deccanherald.com/national/s ... 70345.html

Released Rs 22,111.88 cr to Andhra Pradesh govt: Centre tells HC

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/ ... duced.html

In the current fiscal also, AP will receive Rs 9,000 crore less than the estimated Rs 32,000 crore from central pool of funds and TS about Rs 5,000 crore from the estimated Rs 16,000 crore.

The silver lining for Andhra Pradesh, however, is that it will get a revenue deficit grant of Rs 30,000 crore in the next three years. This will be out of the Rs 2,94,514 crore country-wide revenue deficit grant. The pre-devolution deficit in AP will be Rs 44,000 crore in 2021-22 and is likely to come down to Rs 20,040 crore by 2025-26.


OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 742
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby OmkarC » 10 Feb 2021 00:00

suryag wrote:BTW a master stroke by BIF to bring YS Sharmila in Telangana. They realized it is hard to beat BJP so why not join them.



Not join BJP, but this is a TRS + YSRCP ploy to stall BJP growth in TG,which will have political implications for Jagan in AP. So, Jagan is trying to bail out fellow Feudalist KCR family by consolidating Reddy votes.. Sharmila's party will never win the TG state Assy polls, but they will play spoil sport and wean away Reddy community from BJP in some crucial districts.

Whether BJP comes to power in TG or not is dependent now almost solely on the southern and eastern TG districts, as the party is a bit weak there.. and specifically whether or not they can make inroads among the Reddy community which is dominant in this region.. some of these are the only last "dominions" of the congress party in the state.

BJP seems to have no problem growing among BC,SC & Tribal Hindu communities which are dominant in northern & western TG as they are being seen as the new avatar of the communist parties - fighting upper caste land grabbers.. as I was hoping, they have taken on land grabbers of TRS party who have brutalized poor & marginal tribal farmers aggressively:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm5yQPjY8sI


Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 10852
Joined: 20 Jun 2011 04:36

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Vayutuvan » 10 Feb 2021 07:08

YSR had a good following in Telangana region of the former combined AP. KCR and YSR were hand in hand INC at that time. I am fairly certain that they have kept their channlels of communication open. tODu dongalu

siddhu
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 73
Joined: 16 Aug 2016 16:02

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby siddhu » 10 Feb 2021 10:43

Yagnasri wrote:
Cyrano wrote:Meahwile Shankaracharya, Jeeyar swami et al are doing meetings to come up with what, we don't know.


So far we do not know what they have done. But in the press meet they had after the meeting their decisions and what they want to do were told openly. It is in YouTube. In fact there was a hit job by CBN controlled Telugu Tv media on even this meeting one day before the actual meeting. Now CBN/TDP want to stop BJP from getting Telugu Hindu votes in AP. So for almost everything it is BJP what is being attacked by them.

Even the decision to privatize the Vishakha Steels by GoI is not being shown as a Anti Telugu/Anti AP action of BJP by creating big emotional thing. The old slogan "Vishakha Ukku andrula hakku" (Vishakha Steel is Andras right) is being revived. Even local BJP is opposing the privatization move.



Hindus will become minority in AP :cry: , EJs everywhere. Jagan has got people hooked (hookwind) to free stuff. Even though state is running in deficit free money keeps coming for the people at home.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12753
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Aditya_V » 10 Feb 2021 11:53

These battles are long drawn out and it is clear that Jagan and CBN have decided to share the booty, what is unbelievable is Government Statistics that AP has the lowest literacy of 66.1 % in the whole country. Telugu people are so talented and from Chennai where the I am they dominate the place.

Yet the Politics has made sure that AP does not allow it to reach its potential.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9981
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Yagnasri » 10 Feb 2021 15:13

Educational levels in AP are also very bad. Most of the BEs can not even do basic calculations or understand basic things. They hardly take any other graduation. I hope medical education is better. But not at all confident. Total lack of self respect is other issue which may be resulting in large levels of conversions. Mercantile culture has speared into almost all the sections of the society.

siddhu
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 73
Joined: 16 Aug 2016 16:02

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby siddhu » 10 Feb 2021 18:14

Yagnasri wrote:Educational levels in AP are also very bad. Most of the BEs can not even do basic calculations or understand basic things. They hardly take any other graduation. I hope medical education is better.

Education levels are same through out India, apart from BEs from cream institutes most BEs are in same state.


Yagnasri wrote: Total lack of self respect is other issue which may be resulting in large levels of conversions. Mercantile culture has speared into almost all the sections of the society.

Conversions are happening due to poverty, deep parts of AP are extremely poor which gives EJs from the down south a good opportunity. EJfication is slowly moving towards central India.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9981
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Yagnasri » 10 Feb 2021 19:10

Not really true. Poverty and conversion is related but is not as simple as it seems.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3683
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby darshan » 10 Feb 2021 19:38

Kerala: Congress MLA apologises to Muslims, claims was ‘cheated’ by RSS to donate for Ram Mandir
https://www.opindia.com/2021/02/kerala- ... s-muslims/
A day after pictures of Kerala Congress MLA Eldhose Kunnappilly posing while donating to Ram Mandir construction went viral, he has now apologised to the Muslim community for doing so. A report by The News Minute states that in a video, he has apologised to the Muslim community for donating for construction of Ram Mandir.

He also claimed he was ‘tricked’ into donating for the Ram Mandir by the RSS. Kunnappilly alleged that some people had come to collect donation for construction of temple but ‘did not reveal’ that they were associated with the RSS and that the donation was for the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. He claimed that ‘out of his innocence’, he donated Rs 1,000 for the temple construction. However, it was later revealed to him that the temple was the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya.
....

Manish_P
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2636
Joined: 25 Mar 2010 17:34

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Manish_P » 10 Feb 2021 19:48

He should prove it by changing his name.. 'Raghunathan' generally means Lord Rama or brave man of the Raghu clan :lol:

siddhu
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 73
Joined: 16 Aug 2016 16:02

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby siddhu » 10 Feb 2021 21:10

Yagnasri wrote:Not really true. Poverty and conversion is related but is not as simple as it seems.


mostly because of money only. Huge chunks of land were given as incentive in AP.

Yagnasri
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9981
Joined: 29 May 2007 18:03

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Yagnasri » 11 Feb 2021 11:03

Not just money. In AP they seek out people with some social issues, mental depression, family issues and so on. Such people are promised help/cure/whatever and then converted. Once converted they are asked to pay 10% of their total income to the Paster. If not paid huge pressure is being brought in. Fear of demons and such things are commonly drilled into the minds of the people on weekly basis in many churches. Demonizing Sanathana Dharma is a regularly thing. Attacking Hindu festivals and conducting prayers on Hindu festivals to ward of demons also being done.

It is a full middle ages package now in AP.

darshan
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3683
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby darshan » 13 Feb 2021 20:42

#islam
Tamil Nadu: Political party behind beef fests issues threats to Marwari community for funding BJP, asks them to leave the state
https://www.opindia.com/2021/02/marwari ... the-state/
...
According to the reports, the pamphlet issued by a Tiruchi based party named ‘Tamizhaga Makkal Jananayaka Katchi’ (Tamil Nadu People’s Democracy Party) has accused the Marwari community of fomenting ‘communal’ unrest in the state by funding the BJP. The Islamists further other allege that Marwaris are the ‘fuel’ that keeps the ‘vehicle’ BJP running.

Threatening the Marwari community, the pamphlet said that ‘if the fuel is stopped, the vehicle would automatically stop’. The organisation has also issued a warning saying any violence and damage to public property directed towards Marwaris will be the responsibility of the Marwari community and asked the government to collect compensation from them.
...

Dumal
BRFite
Posts: 292
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Dumal » 13 Feb 2021 21:18

darshan wrote:#islam
Tamil Nadu: Political party behind beef fests issues threats to Marwari community for funding BJP, asks them to leave the state
https://www.opindia.com/2021/02/marwari ... the-state/
...
According to the reports, the pamphlet issued by a Tiruchi based party named ‘Tamizhaga Makkal Jananayaka Katchi’ (Tamil Nadu People’s Democracy Party) has accused the Marwari community of fomenting ‘communal’ unrest in the state by funding the BJP. The Islamists further other allege that Marwaris are the ‘fuel’ that keeps the ‘vehicle’ BJP running.

Threatening the Marwari community, the pamphlet said that ‘if the fuel is stopped, the vehicle would automatically stop’. The organisation has also issued a warning saying any violence and damage to public property directed towards Marwaris will be the responsibility of the Marwari community and asked the government to collect compensation from them.
...


This is not the first time marwaris are facing this brunt of these idiots. It started with the rabid Seeman's Naam Thamizhar Katchi, probably instigated by one of the larger Dravidian parties, calling for Marwaris to go back :(( . I had a heated argument against a few Seeman fans on this perhaps 2-3 years back. Think it's just being revived again to put pressure on the govt in power. I wish the cops would file charges and drag them to the courts for a couple of years.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12753
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Aditya_V » 14 Feb 2021 12:36

I think they must host beef fest, declare anyone with Non Tamil, Non Urdu mother tongue will be thrown out if DMK wins

Rony
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3349
Joined: 14 Jul 2006 23:29

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Rony » 15 Feb 2021 07:36

Some Telugu media speculating that TDP will deploy Balakrishna's daughter and CBNs daughter in-law Nara Brahmani against Jagan Reddy's evangelical sister Sharmila in Telangana. Wont matter much either ways In Telangana where they will draw zero but I always thought she might have more potential than her husband and CBNs son Nara Lokesh.

Image

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4064
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby arshyam » 15 Feb 2021 07:51

Dumal wrote:
darshan wrote:#islam


This is not the first time marwaris are facing this brunt of these idiots. It started with the rabid Seeman's Naam Thamizhar Katchi, probably instigated by one of the larger Dravidian parties, calling for Marwaris to go back :(( . I had a heated argument against a few Seeman fans on this perhaps 2-3 years back. Think it's just being revived again to put pressure on the govt in power. I wish the cops would file charges and drag them to the courts for a couple of years.

This is the problem with Seeman types' ideology. Fueled by judeo-christian ideas, they are trying to differentiate themselves from the mainstream dravidianist parties with an exclusive (and non-existent) Tamil-racial identity. Such an identity would benefit the rice-bag conversion industry and their adherents, who tend to subscribe to such nonsense in greater numbers, since their religious beliefs have nothing to do with Indian concepts of pluralism and acceptance. So what if their attempts at gaining political legitimacy tear at the social fabric of the state? The latter, for all their faults, kept their linguistic rhetoric to policy, i.e., not attack people directly for their linguistic background, in fact, it's pretty unheard of. Now, a seeman-type would argue that the dravidian parties didn't use the linguistic differences at a personal level because they themselves were from different backgrounds, like Karunanidhi's ancestors spoke Telugu, blah blah. While such an argument may be factually correct, it's also factually true that such rhetoric never found favour with the masses, who continue to be enamoured of their leaders/icons irrespective of where they hail from, or what language they speak. We can see it even today with the wide acceptance of a Dhoni as one of our own, adding to the long list starting from Periyar/MGR/Jaya/Rajini, etc. So that's why Seeman continues to languish at a sub-5% voteshare at any election. Of course, only time will tell how long it will stay that way, given his ability to get funds to contest every election and keep losing so badly every time while spewing such rhetoric constantly. It's a constant drip of water on a large rock, which, if left unchecked, will over time break the rock.

So if this rhetoric gets wider traction, TN would have a real problem in its hands, given how interlaced Telugu (taking one example) is with communities across the state. It would tear the social fabric in the state, pitting one community against the other with all the attendant problems it can bring. Of course, the EJ types would love to fish in such waters.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12753
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Aditya_V » 15 Feb 2021 16:33

Seeman types and thier backers exactly know what they want- safe and prosperous Canada where all his relatives are and destroyed Tamil Nadu and India. Similarly Kanimozhi's son is very disciplined in the Singapore Army but will rant and rave against those serving in the Indian Army.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4064
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby arshyam » 15 Feb 2021 17:01

^^ Interesting factoids, I didn't know about these connections. Thanks.

That said, at some point, we'd need a law making election contestants declare if they have (immediate) family ties abroad, especially relatives working in/for foreign governments.

Dumal
BRFite
Posts: 292
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Dumal » 17 Feb 2021 00:01

In Pondicherry, INC with the the outside support of DMK has been in power over the past 4+ yrs but has been a massive struggle for the ruling disposition to make a ton of money and do all the usual shenanigans due to the presence of Kiran Bedi who maintained a tight hold on the day to day governance using the powers as Lt Guv of the Union Territory.

Now with elections around the corner, a few high ranking INC MLAs have resigned, expected to move over to the BJP, and have left INC short of majority. In the meantime, today Kiran Bedi is removed as the LG and the Guv of Telengana given additional duty over it.

The CM and the cabinet who were going to recommend dissolution of the assembly, now are relieved that Bedi is gone. Not sure what to make of all this, happening so suddenly, especially the change of Guv.

Cyrano
BRFite
Posts: 963
Joined: 28 Mar 2020 01:07

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Cyrano » 17 Feb 2021 00:07

Perhaps Kiran Bedi will get a different/better posting. There were all kinds of speculation when J&K Lt Guv changed last year as well.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie
Posts: 12753
Joined: 05 Apr 2006 16:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Aditya_V » 17 Feb 2021 11:45

Dumal wrote:In Pondicherry, INC with the the outside support of DMK has been in power over the past 4+ yrs but has been a massive struggle for the ruling disposition to make a ton of money and do all the usual shenanigans due to the presence of Kiran Bedi who maintained a tight hold on the day to day governance using the powers as Lt Guv of the Union Territory.

Now with elections around the corner, a few high ranking INC MLAs have resigned, expected to move over to the BJP, and have left INC short of majority. In the meantime, today Kiran Bedi is removed as the LG and the Guv of Telengana given additional duty over it.

The CM and the cabinet who were going to recommend dissolution of the assembly, now are relieved that Bedi is gone. Not sure what to make of all this, happening so suddenly, especially the change of Guv.


i.e Tamilisai Soundararajan is now the LG of Puducherry also? Interesting

OmkarC
BRFite
Posts: 742
Joined: 15 Nov 2016 11:25

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby OmkarC » 17 Feb 2021 23:16

Telangana indeed has gone the Bengal/Kerala way. Lawyer couple brutally hacked to death in broad daylight on a busy highway by TRS goons:

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/arti ... -ts/721628

Mollick.R
BRFite
Posts: 884
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 10:26

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Postby Mollick.R » 19 Feb 2021 17:24

'Metro Man' E Sreedharan to join BJP in Kerala
By K R Balasubramanyam, ET Bureau Last Updated: Feb 19, 2021, 06:45 AM IST

Bengaluru: Former Delhi Metro Corporation chairman E Sreedharan, 88, has decided to join the BJP on its invitation. He expects to contest the assembly polls.“I have accepted the party’s invitation,” Sreedharan, who lives in Ponnani, told ET. He said BJP will decide if he should contest and from where. “I live in Kerala. There are so many things that could be done here, but nothing much is happening. Industrial and infrastructure development have taken a backseat,” he alleged.


https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/metro-man-e-sreedharan-to-join-bjp-in-kerala/articleshow/81085652.cms


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Merril, nvishal, Sachin, Thakur_B, Zynda and 71 guests