Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Suraj »

Ignoring the language, Dravidian etc issues, I've been looking through economic data and here's something that stands out - the state with the largest amount of PMMY (Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana) loans is Tamil Nadu. I guess a scheme named in Hindi wasn't a detriment to business instincts of the people.

Reference: PMMY Annual Report 2017-18, Page 23
Name of the State Target(2017-18) SanctionAmt.(2017-18) SanctionAmt.(2016-17) Growth(%)
Tamil Nadu 23,083.75 25,331.68 18,052.68 40%
Karnataka 22,049.76 23,009.73 18,002.55 28%
Maharashtra 22,242.92 22,751.40 17,286.66 32%
Uttar Pradesh 21,592.85 22,077.89 15,282.61 44%
West Bengal 18,871.92 20,552.19 15,695.01 31%
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Gus wrote:
dumeel response: why do we need bullet train when farmers are dying. Is this the digital India?
One stat for "farmers are dying"
Season Rabi 2017
India total insurance payout to farmers 5680 Crores.
of which insurance payout to farmers of TN 3413 Crores.
Gross premium payed by TN farmers 1217 Crores.
Central contribution to that premium 555 Crores

Net benefit to TN from PM Fasal Bhima Yojana = 2755 Crores in Rabi 2017

In addition to mudraloans being availed as mentioned by Suraj saar, in the PMFBY too biggest beneficiary year after year seems to be TN farmers - "whose farmers are dying because of center onlee" narrative is pushed by DK gangs and consumed willingly.
People may have seen the ugly antics of halfnaked "dying farmers" from TN with human skulls in hand in Delhi and elsewhere in the front pages of national Newspapers .

Last edited by Lilo on 03 Jun 2019 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Seriously, somebody needs to put all this out in the public. Enough bellyaching from the DMK gang.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Theeran wrote:Three language is good but it should be English, state language and any other language from other states. Schools cannot afford to have classes for every language. So the third language can be whatever the majority chooses.

With the two language now in TN, many students end up not learning Tamil. They choose Hindi, Sanskrit, french, German.

Central is unnecessarily playing into the hands of the dmk parties. It was just a draft and with center's clarification they will claim a victory.
Look like it was released without preparing the country.
One more self goal by Javdekar.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

TKiran,
For the good of the Forum need to ban you permanently. All you do is bring in fake divisions.
Every thread goes into downward spiral once you start your polemic posts.
I have seen no improvement over the years.

This thread was to discuss the three states and you bring in AIT and and accuse a national party of bias.

And people take your flame bait instead of reporting it.

Tell me why you should continue?
ramana
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

uskumar wrote:I feel time for BJP in TN is not right now. It should take a 5 or 10 year break from TN Politics and hope that in 5 or 10 years there will not be a christian majority. Till that time let AIADMK and RajiniKanth join hands to fight the EJ forces. BJP will do well once there is significant EJ population. upwards of 25% like in WB.

I think BJP should work in all states to ensure there is one national party and a regional party.
Allowing two regional parties is a downward spiral.
We see gradually after 2019 elections the trend is going there.

By 2021 all nationalists in TN should be under one party.
Regionalists in the other.
BTW the 2019 elections were under a shadow of MahaThugBandan being stitched up by business interests planning for BJP at 250.
This number was stated by multiple leaders. Eg. Jagan et al.

The people answered with a resounding 53 seats more and a 103 seats to NDA.
This ended all such plans.
The biggest shock was Jihadidi numbers.
22 out of 42. She was expected to get 39.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

ramana wrote:TKiran,
For the good of the Forum need to ban you permanently. All you do is bring in fake divisions.
Every thread goes into downward spiral once you start your polemic posts.
I have seen no improvement over the years.

This thread was to discuss the three states and you bring in AIT and and accuse a national party of bias.

And people take your flame bait instead of reporting it.

Tell me why you should continue?
ramana
Ramana sir, the onus is on BJP and other states which have overwhelmingly supported BJP to prove that they are sensitive to Tamils, if you see the signal from all the noise, it's the AIT at the root which is still peddled by North Indians. The onus is on the North Indians and BJP to discard AIT.

If you think that having a different view from the rest of the crowd here, and criticism of the national party BJP is not allowed, then go ahead and ban me.

Expressing how Tamils (not Dumeels, genuine Tamils) feel, without sugar coating is not allowed here, then its your wish.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

You are not even Tamil. You claim the North Indians peddle AIT, whereas it is the Dravidian politicians who are wedded to it.

Basically you are a troll. Always have been, and won't change.
TKiran
BRFite

Post by TKiran »

Karan M wrote:You are not even Tamil. You claim the North Indians peddle AIT, whereas it is the Dravidian politicians who are wedded to it.

Basically you are a troll. Always have been, and won't change.
That's what exactly I differ with you or the rest of the crowd here. It's North Indians who are peddling it, and blaming the victim. If that's trolling, yes, it is. You can't see the signal from the noise.

If Tamilnadu gets benefits from mudra, and don't vote BJP, then the standard reaction in the forum, let me not sugar coat it, " Tamilians are *****, bloody well they suck the money, don't have decency to vote BJP"

We are Telugus from Tamilnadu, do you know even that there's more than 30% population in tamilnadu who are Telugus?
Last edited by TKiran on 04 Jun 2019 04:29, edited 2 times in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

I think enough is enough. We have had enough of you and your asinine divisiveness.

I do know about the Telegu speaking community in TN, and also know you dont give a darn about TN, but just want to troll using them as an excuse. Your posting history speaks for itself and has been nothing but disruptive and graceless.

Banned for 3 months.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Suraj wrote:Ignoring the language, Dravidian etc issues, I've been looking through economic data and here's something that stands out - the state with the largest amount of PMMY (Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana) loans is Tamil Nadu. I guess a scheme named in Hindi wasn't a detriment to business instincts of the people.
Yes, but people need to be told that they are getting it because of Modi. Mudra loans got popular by word of mouth. But Modi name was not associated with it.

BJP functionaries don't even know if the voter they are talking to, availed the loan or not.

What's that old sales talk - "tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them what you want to tell them, tell them what you told them". Only in the end, they highlighted a few who made it big

https://www.narendramodi.in/arulmozhi-s ... rai-543226
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Lilo wrote: crop insurance...
Modi is forcing us to pay insurance so that Adani and Ambani are making money out of it.

Why did the PM not meet our Ayyakannu. He has time to meet film actresses. He does not care about TN //dumeelspeak
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Gus: I’m not anywhere near TN, but the name of the program is PM Mudra Yojana . It’s written on every application form . It has both a reference to PM, and it’s in Hindi, though neither a Tamil nor Mallu will have trouble with its meaning . The point I was making is that if TN at least chooses to have its moral compass so far out of sync that they’ll have dramas of some muttal in a PM mask flogging poor farmers while the same people avail of PM Mudra loans, PMFBY insurance, PMAY rural homes, Swacch Bharat toilets , PMJDY bank accounts and PMGSY rural roads, no amount of publicity will help . It has already been demonstrated that the desire to eat the fruit and blame the tree is deliberate .
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

There is that as well. Not disputing.

People have been coopted into corruption. An ADMK district exec level friend was telling how at least 25c was given from party for money distribution for each seat. that's 500c in the 20 odd seats they contested. Candidates had to spend their own as well. He put in his hat in the ring, but got rejected. One of the questions asked - can you spend 6c on your own?

campaign dynamics are different in each state, and a lot different in TN compared to west/north. Here people took the schemes for granted and retained the bad propaganda against modi. Local BJP failed abjectly to counter and go on offensive.
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

As I mentioned before, from the political grapevine in TN, the vote for DMK is actually anger against ADMK govt than BJP. Aligning with ADMK was a big mistake. Su Swamy was right. Even if there is a loss BJP should have stood separately. If some of the Central schemes worked people would have voted. At least that will help understand how much Support BJP has and build from there.

All these language issues are non issues. TN people are smart educated lot, they can see through things if there is clear cut alternative to Dravidian parties. Hopefully BJP can build better foundation in the next 5 years.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

It's not that central schemes have not worked or have not been implemented in TN. As vsunderji and arshyamji have pointed out in the Railway thread about the many railway doubling and electrification projects in TN.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7141&start=3200#p2335363

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7141&start=3200#p2335444

Then there are various highway projects under implementation and awarded, so to be implemented soon.

I wonder if the "smart educated lot" were aware of these or simply chose not to acknowledge.

Also are you saying that CG schemes such as Mudra, Ujjwala, Toilets, Electricity supplies worked only in North, East, West and Telangana and Karantaka but not in TN?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

williams wrote:As I mentioned before, from the political grapevine in TN, the vote for DMK is actually anger against ADMK govt than BJP. Aligning with ADMK was a big mistake. Su Swamy was right.
Well..ADMK won the assembly seat while losing the parliament seat that includes that assembly seat.

Clearly, the voter wanted to retain admk for assembly, and totally rejected modi as PM.

If after seeing this obvious thing, one chooses to quote susa and grapevine etc.. :roll:
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Kashi wrote:Then there are various highway projects under implementation and awarded, so to be implemented soon.

I wonder if the "smart educated lot" were aware of these or simply chose not to acknowledge.

Also are you saying that CG schemes such as Mudra, Ujjwala, Toilets, Electricity supplies worked only in North, East, West and Telangana and Karantaka but not in TN?
As said before, you have to take credit for your work. If not, that work becomes taken for granted or ignored in the calculations on who to vote.

The proposed 8 lane highway was successfully demonized and it got a stay in HC. PMK was campaigning against it and then found itself in ADMK alliance. Media would harp on this and ask bjp why it is forcing admk to have this road, ask admk why it is thinking road is good when alliance partner thinks it is bad, ask pmk why it allied with admk when admk is forcing this road on people etc.

an idea that took hold in TN is that "TN is already developed due to dravidian parties, don't need modi for this" ..bjp could not counter it.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

susa did a lot of damage to bjp in TN. his constant shooting off the mouth would be grabbed gleefully by opposition to push bjp into a corner.

susa backed sasikala. and then backed TTV, knowing that TTV allied with SDPI, the front org for PFI which killed bjp cadres in TN.

and yet susa is seen as someone with bright ideas for TN and if only bjp followed susa, it would have won :roll:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

It takes two hands to clap . Where’s the proof that TN has demonstrated the intellectual honesty to accept reality when it’s in front of its face ?

Having lived there some years, gone to school and university there, it’s clear there’s an ingrained political sentiment that views all politics solely thru the DMK vs ADMK prism, and the state simply decides to switch between the two every 5 years.

If the *DMK party in favor is aligned with the party coming to power at center, nothing the center does is wrong . If the party is aligned with the opposition , everything the center does is an effort to scroo TN . 2014 was the former . 2019 is the latter .

I completely disagree with the notion that credit needs to be taken . TN people aren’t illiterate morons who can’t understand what ‘Pradhan Mantri’ on their bank, loan, road building notice and multiple other places mean . They have just constrained their political decisions willfully to the local binary prism. BJP bad , Modi bad... because they want to punish ADMK.
nvishal
BRFite

Post by nvishal »

My two cents

Telangana - TRS is basically the telangana telugu verion of BJP. Telangana telugus are influenced by cultures in neighbouring maharashtra and karnataka than down south. Expect the TRS to disintegrate and the members joining BJP just as it is happening with shiv sena.

Karnataka - This state is currently where maharashtra was in the 80-90s. Growing population of non-locals and economic changes. A kannadiga/tulu sena will rise one day.

Kerala - Demography has changed radically. BJP will never win here. Those castes(radhakrishnans, sreevivasans etc) will check out(migrate). The two dogmatic systems will clash and state will experience unrest and instability. At this point, the syrians(both hindu syrian and christian syrian) will migrate upwards to south karnataka.

Tamil nadu - dravidian till eternity. The crux of the movement is to be the exact opposite of the aryan(perceived). The resistance is not against hindusim but rather against anything the aryan wears. Here, they will use christianity(in some cases, islam) as a tool to keep aryan at bay. The EJs will be fooled into thinking that the state is undergoing a revolution but will eventually be in the same shoes as the aryan is in now.

Andhra - You will find andhra telugus outside sai baba temple selling flowers and visiting temple. You will also find them in protestant churches as a reverend. The strategy is very basic but effective and happens in silence. A elderly tamil man once shared an observation with me, "these telugus have an unhealthy fixation on all things related to 'god' ". CBN was wiped out because he could not deliver special status. The same will happen with jagan reddy.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Totally in agreement that only people who talk about AIT are pretty much in BIF and looking for divisions.

It would be dream come true even if 20% of Indian public was interested in history subject like AIT. One has to be totally out of reality if thinking that Indians track history well. No matter fake or real. No matter which area of India. Saying people know the subject implies lot of assumptions: literacy, functioning schooling system, etc. People peddling AIT in north India are the first ones to point out that not enough north Indians are literate. So where and how did they learn this fancy term?

I'm Gujarati who has been alive for decades and have barely ran into people who even know what's AIT. Less than ten is the count.
To confirm before posting here, I had to blast all Gujarati people in my circle who are in the south with the links to posts in this thread. Pretty much all asked what's AIT before answering.

AIT seems to be figment of imagination of who want to justify self goals.
shravan
BRF Oldie

Post by shravan »

nvishal wrote: AndhraA elderly tamil man once shared an observation with me, "these telugus have an unhealthy fixation on all things related to 'god' ". CBN was wiped out because he could not deliver special status. The same will happen with jagan reddy.

Purely caste politics....Do see at my own home and relatives. Someone here has explained it better.
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

There could be hope for Andhra more than TN or KL. thanks to the EJ & his family who are showing their cards right from day 1. Many andhras are now worried that it could be halleluyapradesh if something doesnt get done.. acknowledging the problem is the first step. As a result seebeeyaan is trying to made his party the ultra right wing without alienating peacefools. If he achieves it, that would be the first time it would have happened in the history of the world. Since that is highly impossible task, safe to assume that bjp will be the pole opposition sooner than later.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

nvishal wrote:My two cents

Telangana - TRS is basically the telangana telugu verion of BJP. Telangana telugus are influenced by cultures in neighbouring maharashtra and karnataka than down south. Expect the TRS to disintegrate and the members joining BJP just as it is happening with shiv send.
Telangana Telugus have evolved their own unique identity by borrowing from Andhra & Marathi cultures, I believe. Post-partition, there have been attempts to revive some folk traditions and attempts to distance themselves from Andhra (and south Indian) identities. During the TG moment, Owaisi & KCR said they follow Ganga Jamuna Tehjeeb, unlike the south Indians, which I am not sure is right about rural folks.

Because KCR wears a tikka and does more Puja/Havans than any other politician in the country (including Modi or Yogi), there is a misconception about TRS politically nursing latent Hindutva identity.. and our own Andhra politicians have reinforced a meme about KCR-Modi bonhomie.. but whatever Hindu rituals that KCR does is for his own selfish reasons for his & his family's well being.. TRS is more like a milder form of TMC.. KCR has given a free hand to MIM to deal with hyderabad politics and quite viciously against BJP (but once again, not in Mamata's league). He paid off voters to ensure Kishen Reddy and some other folks defeat who were more vocal against MIM at Owaisi's behest.. there are some local issues where he used police force to intimidate Hindu youth.. He even used slurs against Hindus in the recent campaign, to polarize minority votes. And now they are celebrating with post-poll lynchings after they won in local body polls:
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/t ... 2019-06-05
Andhra - You will find andhra telugus outside sai baba temple selling flowers and visiting temple. You will also find them in protestant churches as a reverend. The strategy is very basic but effective and happens in silence. A elderly tamil man once shared an observation with me, "these telugus have an unhealthy fixation on all things related to 'god' ". CBN was wiped out because he could not deliver special status. The same will happen with jagan reddy.
Yes, somewhat true about Andhras being more prone to be devout than not.

Heard Jagan is going to bring about changes to his govt's temple endowments policy to prove his "Hindu-supporting" credentials. What if he ends up freeing Hindu temples from Govt control to appease Hindus ?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

TN is going through an unprecedented drought, with much of state really realing and related anti incumbency plus Jayalathila succession fight. IN DMk case everything is with 1 family and former driver of the family. the INC (minrotiites) + DMK vote bank is usually 25% of the population. This time the polling % was 68.3% in the state, out which UPA got 51.6 % of the vote. NDA 30% and Others 17% and NOTA 1.2%.

Given the drought situation, Cyclone GAJA in Kalaingar hometown, sympathy factor since the leader died just 10 months before the election plus AMMK feud , this was a wave election for DMK- plus hype that INC was winning after RJ, MP CH victories.

If it rains properly and now AMMK threat gone, on the ground many people are cursing Stalin hystrionics. Let the DMK gang continue with the Language card which people are seeing through plus memes and absuses, like many parts of India it works only for 1 election.

Hopefully 2021 the DMK kept away from power, 2024 UPA will be see a reverse with NDA getting a majority of the seats int he state.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

khatvaanga wrote:There could be hope for Andhra more than TN or KL. thanks to the EJ & his family who are showing their cards right from day 1. Many andhras are now worried that it could be halleluyapradesh if something doesnt get done.. acknowledging the problem is the first step. As a result seebeeyaan is trying to made his party the ultra right wing without alienating peacefools. If he achieves it, that would be the first time it would have happened in the history of the world. Since that is highly impossible task, safe to assume that bjp will be the pole opposition sooner than later.
There is news that BJP (or Duo *) supported AP CM appointed his relative to Tirumala. Yedu Kondalu is becoming Yehovah Kondalu again (Seven hills is becoming Yehweh Hills again).

Also strangely a few Telugu channels including pro-BJP one started debates on Pastors' abuses and magic-healing programs yesterday. Looks like some hints on taking on South BIFs after North BIFs are subdued in elections. Some silver-lining.

* https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8Qke0HUIAE5mhM.jpg:small
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

NEWS18 » POLITICS1-MIN READ
12 of 18 Congress MLAs in Telangana Dump Party After Election Rout, Seek to 'Merge' With TRS
If the Speaker accepts their request, the Congress may lose the Opposition party status as its strength will come down to just six.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

X-post

ALso Jagan win had very little to do with PK. See vote share. Naidu lost only 1%. What happened is that BJP/Modi vote of 7-8% entirely transferred to Jagan. Naidu is not an astute politician. He thought BJP/Modi vote was all due to him. But I am hearing AP, BH, OR will get special status as BJP would like to grow there.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Singha wrote:NEWS18 » POLITICS1-MIN READ
12 of 18 Congress MLAs in Telangana Dump Party After Election Rout, Seek to 'Merge' With TRS
If the Speaker accepts their request, the Congress may lose the Opposition party status as its strength will come down to just six.
This has NOTHING to do with election Rout. They wanted to merge a long time ago but KCR was doing "Federal Front" so asked them to wait so he can get appointments with Stalin and INC.

Bellam vunna chota eegalu (Houseflies go to where the Jaggery is)
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Supratik wrote:X-post

ALso Jagan win had very little to do with PK. See vote share. Naidu lost only 1%. What happened is that BJP/Modi vote of 7-8% entirely transferred to Jagan. Naidu is not an astute politician. He thought BJP/Modi vote was all due to him. But I am hearing AP, BH, OR will get special status as BJP would like to grow there.

hmm, I thought BJP core voters in Andhra are ~ 3-4% which at best corresponds to 11L votes, while PK polled around 21L votes.. YSRCP polled 156 L and TDP 123 L votes.

Allying with BJP & PK would've helped TDP beat Jagan, but not by allying w/ BJP alone. Only by destroying the entire vote share of BJP and absorbing that party, they could've done that, but instead BJP voters didnt like his extreme hyperbolic anti-national & anti-Modi hate speeches and transferred their votes to YSRCP instead.

Perhaps it was good strategy on paper, but extremely poor way to implement on ground by CBN.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

I keep hearing the words Dummeels, Paavadais , Poralis in twitter and here for all the Tamil EJ, DMK troll makers. What are the literal meaning for these words and how did they got associated with EJ, DMK troll gang ?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Paavadais is a Tamil word for skirt or half sari which used to be worn by women referring to a Church pastor's overalls. Dumeel etc have no meaning.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Dummeel/Dumil/Dumeel: Refers typically to idiots of DK/DMK/Seeman and other esoteric parties which often claim/forward meme's or make claims about Tamil history/Tamil language/Tamil people that make no sense - mostly blatant falsehood and devoid of any scholarship whatsoever.

Pavadai - Refers to converts and pastor's.

Poralis - A potent mix of the erstwhile commie strategy of protesting for anything and everything + Tukde Tukde gang. The background operators being xtian/jehadi, the front face being Tamil identity/tamil pride/Tamil issues, by Dumeels.
la.khan
BRFite

Post by la.khan »

Just see the situation in TS. With 12 Cong(I) MLAs requesting merger, KCR has more 100 MLAs (out of 119 MLAs) in TS legislative assembly. Cong(I)s were 18 MLAs, now reduced to 6; they lose the status of leader of the opposition party. The next biggest party is AIMIM (6 or 7 MLAs). So, TRS is in power and AIMIM is the opposition :evil: How different is this from Nizam's rule? Eventually, KCR will end up being TS' Jihadidi. I hope NaMo/AS/BJP can spend some time/energy/resources to check TRS + AIMIM combination.
chandrasekaran wrote:Dummeel/Dumil/Dumeel: Refers typically to idiots of DK/DMK/Seeman and other esoteric parties which often claim/forward meme's or make claims about Tamil history/Tamil language/Tamil people that make no sense - mostly blatant falsehood and devoid of any scholarship whatsoever.
Seen this a lot on twitter/tweets. So, Dumil is combination of Dumb + Tamil?
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

OmkarC wrote:
Supratik wrote:X-post

hmm, I thought BJP core voters in Andhra are ~ 3-4% which at best corresponds to 11L votes, while PK polled around 21L votes.. YSRCP polled 156 L and TDP 123 L votes.

Allying with BJP & PK would've helped TDP beat Jagan, but not by allying w/ BJP alone. Only by destroying the entire vote share of BJP and absorbing that party, they could've done that, but instead BJP voters didnt like his extreme hyperbolic anti-national & anti-Modi hate speeches and transferred their votes to YSRCP instead.

Perhaps it was good strategy on paper, but extremely poor way to implement on ground by CBN.
PK is Prashanth Kishore.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

hanumadu wrote:
OmkarC wrote:

PK is Prashanth Kishore.
PK = Pawan Kalyan.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

OmkarC wrote:
hanumadu wrote:
PK is Prashanth Kishore.
PK = Pawan Kalyan.
But I think he meant Prashant Kishore while you understood it as Pawan Kalyan.

Prashant Kishore was the election consultant for YSRCP.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Speaker has accepted their request, as they're 2/3rds of the total number. But this defection is not a result of party rout during LS polls, as 11/18 were already planning to join before the general elections.

Perhaps BJP needs to take advantage of the situation, attract the remaining 6 and close Congress shop in TG for good..
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

la.khan wrote:
Just see the situation in TS. With 12 Cong(I) MLAs requesting merger, KCR has more 100 MLAs (out of 119 MLAs) in TS legislative assembly. Cong(I)s were 18 MLAs, now reduced to 6; they lose the status of leader of the opposition party. The next biggest party is AIMIM (6 or 7 MLAs). So, TRS is in power and AIMIM is the opposition :evil: How different is this from Nizam's rule? Eventually, KCR will end up being TS' Jihadidi. I hope NaMo/AS/BJP can spend some time/energy/resources to check TRS + AIMIM combination.
chandrasekaran wrote:Dummeel/Dumil/Dumeel: Refers typically to idiots of DK/DMK/Seeman and other esoteric parties which often claim/forward meme's or make claims about Tamil history/Tamil language/Tamil people that make no sense - mostly blatant falsehood and devoid of any scholarship whatsoever.
Seen this a lot on twitter/tweets. So, Dumil is combination of Dumb + Tamil?
Dumeel used to be slang for reel, lie, falsehood etc. Im guessing it evolved to dmk types who just say nonsense stuff.