Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Re: Kerala, Andhra and Tamil Nadu - news and strategy thread

Post by Rony »

Agree with Lilo garu. This is not about Telugu first or Telugus vs Non-Telugus.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Rony wrote:@ Jay,

Dont forget that many CPI/CPM people in AP are Kammas whose children joined TDP in great numbers in later years. These commie children still carry the same hatred for the "fascist BJP" which their fathers had before for Jan Sangh and RSS. They virulently hate Modi/BJP/RSS and its nothing to do with any special status to AP issue and predates it. They hate BJP because of its "Hindutva" character. Its their commie genes talking. My error of judgement is not anticipating that these commie children will go to the extent of hobnobbing with Pakis and Khalistanis to spite Modi/BJP. But i dont want to tarnish all TDP and all Kammas. There is definitely a 'right' section among them. But these traitors in NRI TDP are definitely not one of them. Even CBN and Nara Lokesh twitted and congratulated Modi on revocation of Article 370. But not sure how much control they have on these NRI TDP assholes.

I also dont want to give impression other groups are all well. Jagan EJ batch has huge support among AP Reddy NRI's and what you say about TRS elements is also true.

My blood boils just hearing the antics of these caste-fanatic TDP scumbags. If this is true, Govt should treat TDP filth on par with the same courtesy they give to Kashmiri & Khalistani terrorist groups.

But before you do equal equal for TDP & Jagan, please keep in mind though - there has not been 1 anti-national or anti-Hindu decision by Jagan not just recently, but for the past 5-6 years. In every critical moment, they have supported BJP & Modi - whether its surgical strikes, Pulwama, Balakot, TTT & Art 370. Plus add to that the recent decision to clean-up temples of non-Hindu officials & also rebuild several temples demolished by CBN for road widening. This is a decision that not even BJP govts or even Shiv Sena can most likely ever take.

So, while we should be wary of the fact that he is a protestant Christian, its unfair to use his religious background against him when he has been either neutral or pro-Hindu in his approach till now. Unfair criticism will only create sympathy for him among the ordinary folk. Of course, if he takes even one marginal anti-Hindu decision, or furthers conversions in the state, hell should be unleashed ruthlessly. As of now, TDP folks are still far worse despite nominally being Hindus.. and they most likely will be that way till that party exists.

That said, we can count on Modiji to have the right sense to know whom to trust. Recently Chandranna & his son tweeted Happy B-day to Modiji as well as .. Modiji apparently didnt bother to respond to this habitual backstabber. He got back to Jagan, and all leaders from AP & TG states.. but not to Chandranna & his son. They've burned all their bridges with BJP and are now once again shamelessly attempting to mend ties.. But I believe Amit Shah mentioned a while back, when Chandranna was shamelessly abusing BJP & Modi personally on a daily basis during the run up to 2019 polls, that TDP will NEVER ever be allowed back to NDA fold.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Rony wrote:Attended a Telugu social gathering. Overheard that some NRI TDP morons (most probably Kammas) are planning to protest Modi in Houston along side Pakis, Khalistanis, EJs and "south asian" leftist types .
OmkarC wrote: My blood boils just hearing the antics of these caste-fanatic TDP scumbags. If this is true, Govt should treat TDP filth on par with the same courtesy they give to Kashmiri & Khalistani terrorist groups.
Good idea to take chill pill. No real TDP nor Telugu person nor Indian nor Hindu does something like that. They have right to oppose BJP and Modi tooth and nail in domestic politics. You accusing whole set of people as anti-Indians is taking it too far by taking a few errant people comments. Also Modi didn't come for domestic issues but came as PM of India.

Since Trump came, #stopbus was really implemented and they kept anti-Modi people 5-7 miles away. If you watch those protesting people, they are real anti-India scums and don't appear to be Telugu looking (if there is any distinguishable ethnic look).
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

TDP supporters don't like Modi because they think Modi plotted with Jagan and manipulated EVMs to defeat Naidu. These idiots have only one grudge that their man has been defeated. Their corrupt crooked leaders are being hounded.

They now sneer at economy, call Modi dictator and whine like bitches in every forum. But I doubt they support Pakis or anti-India.
Shwetank
BRFite

Post by Shwetank »

ShyamSP wrote: Good idea to take chill pill. No real TDP nor Telugu person nor Indian nor Hindu does something like that. They have right to oppose BJP and Modi tooth and nail in domestic politics. You accusing whole set of people as anti-Indians is taking it too far by taking a few errant people comments. Also Modi didn't come for domestic issues but came as PM of India.
Nobody said they don't have the right to criticize though and that's not even close to what anyone is debating, nor did anyone say all telugus. As for TDP, it's just a political party and you literally still used the "no true scotsman" fallacy. These are first person accounts and relate something quite extreme in pursuit of narrow short sighted interests and so stand on their own.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Everybody, if you think TDP guys are anti-India then you will be sorely disappointed and surprised when you will actually find out about other groups in AP/TG. These guys are def anti-Modi and this is a bewildering turn that happened in the last 2 years since the TDP leadership started accusing Modi of anti AP bias. Having lived in Hyderabad, and knowing many Telugu/TDP guys in work/non-work scenarios, we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we cast them away as anti-indian. Between TDP, YSR, TRS, CONG, and JSP I will bet on TDP coming into the dharmic bank and buying into the idea. The rest may support Modi now, but I won't/don't trust them farther than I throw them. Key here is Modi/Shaw need to prevail over Naidu clan and there need to be overtures from BJP to TDP cadre and 2nd tier leadership.
Aarvee
BRFite

Post by Aarvee »

The problem with TDP is that majority of the cadre/supporters do so only looking at caste angle. So first it is a kamma party, then Nara and Nandamuri party. Their lust for power has resulted in the leadership of the party to stoop down enough to shake hands with RG and Mamta begum. I think the educated sections of AP/TG would have not minded if CBN/TDP had ideological or even political differences with NaMo/NDA. But the moment they shared the stage with other anti-nationals just to oppose the central govt., they lost all respect. I am not saying others are better. I am saying TDP has reached their level.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

TDP is nolonger in power - it is time to absorb their rank & file into BJP along with the stragglers from every other party I.e ysrcp janasena with a simple proposition -

"Accept the Hindutva ideology then you may join the party don't expect any respite from legal cases or positions of power - all that entirely depends on your contribution to the growth of Hindutva in the state."

Only a strong BJP can halt and reverse the long-term EJfication planned and executed hitherto in AP by backers of Jagan reddy & CBN.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Also if anyone noted one of the first dances was a group from Uty of Houston that danced to a Telugu film song!!!

So please take a chill pill.

Lilo, TDP cadre are like Ronin now.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Aarvee wrote:The problem with TDP is that majority of the cadre/supporters do so only looking at caste angle. So first it is a kamma party, then Nara and Nandamuri party. Their lust for power has resulted in the leadership of the party to stoop down enough to shake hands with RG and Mamta begum. I think the educated sections of AP/TG would have not minded if CBN/TDP had ideological or even political differences with NaMo/NDA. But the moment they shared the stage with other anti-nationals just to oppose the central govt., they lost all respect. I am not saying others are better. I am saying TDP has reached their level.
As per post-election survey, castes in enbloc voted for YCP than TDP. ST and Reddy (>75%) voted for YCP. SCs also like 60:40 for YCP:TDP. Kamma might have voted 60:40 to TDP:YCP. Kapus might have voted something like 42:33:25 to TDP:YCP:JS. BJP drove their friendly castes to BJP or YCP. Major dent was because loss of BC voteshare for TDP. There is no Hindu votebank for BJP to play with. YCP has solid Christian votebank (who also get categorized in SC/ST). This is reality they need to play with in AP whether TDP, YCP, BJP or JS.

Also anti-National has specific meaning for those that engage in activities against India. As a party in India, an party can fight to get into central government. If anything objectively qualify to be anti-National within India is recent voting on scrapping 370. You may already know who voted which way. Also anti-Hindu and anti-India people I/we personally encounter in US are part of global Evangelical, Islamic and Leftist groups. Same groups showed up in Houston too yesterday. If you trace their network to India your analysis of who is anti-National in India changes.

For local (dirty, clean or silly) politics you don't extend such behavior to anti-nationalism letting actual enemies escape.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

To bring a little more perspective to BR folks regarding caste politics in AP/TG; Kamma, Reddy, Bramhin, Kapu, Velma, OBC, and SC/ST comprise the major schisms in Telugu politics. Surprisingly, there is a decent inter-caste relationship between Kamma, Kapu, and Velma. Because of EJ's, YSR's and Jagan's influence, Reddy's have the political and social support of SC/ST's. For AP/TG to fall into the clasp of dharmic values(politically), BJP should gain buy-in of at least three of these groups. OBC's, Kamma, Kapu, and Velma's should be the least difficult because of the stupid leadership that represents them in AP/TG and also because of socio-economic circumstances these groups crave for. For me, Telugu Brahmins are a mystery. Maybe someone better can decode their political gamesmanship. Casting politics aside for a minute, does anyone not remember the saffron clothed NTR and his unabashed Hindu rituals during his tenure? TDP would do well if they remember those ethos rather than following Naidu, and his ilk. If I remember correctly, he was the most pro-indic leader from the south, back in the day.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ramana wrote:Also if anyone noted one of the first dances was a group from Uty of Houston that danced to a Telugu film song!!!

So please take a chill pill.

Lilo, TDP cadre are like Ronin now.

Yeah, saw that. That popular but cheap item song ? seriously ? :rotfl:

They could have done a Kuchipudi instead
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

ShyamSP wrote:
As per post-election survey, castes in enbloc voted for YCP than TDP. ST and Reddy (>75%) voted for YCP. SCs also like 60:40 for YCP:TDP. Kamma might have voted 60:40 to TDP:YCP. Kapus might have voted something like 42:33:25 to TDP:YCP:JS. BJP drove their friendly castes to BJP or YCP. Major dent was because loss of BC voteshare for TDP. There is no Hindu votebank for BJP to play with. YCP has solid Christian votebank (who also get categorized in SC/ST). This is reality they need to play with in AP whether TDP, YCP, BJP or JS.

Which friendly castes BJP had that it supposedly lost now ? Dont tell me Kammas are BJP friendly caste. They supported BJP as long as TDP supported BJP. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, Can you give the links to those post elections surveys you are quoting ? Thanks
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Rony wrote: Dont tell me Kammas are BJP friendly caste. They supported BJP as long as TDP supported BJP. Nothing more, nothing less.
TDP supported and was a member of erstwhile NDA/Vajypee government, and contested 2014 elections with Modi/BJP. What was that then? Telugu folks (kammas, and non kammas alike)need to delineate that' TDP = Kammas and only kammas' to truly unlock the potential and get TDP into the dharmic fold. Within AP/TG, apart from TDP, which other party supported BJP? Not Congress, CPI/CPM, YSRC, MIM, PJP, or TRS(Remember Kavitha saying TG is same as Kashmir and both are oppressed by India?). Maybe it's my confirmation bias, but I strongly believe that TDP is the way to start bringing Telugu folks into Dharmic hold. Jagan will behave as long as the noose of his corruption cases hang above his head, but I will be wary of this Snake for all its worth.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

@Jay,

TDP lost BC support in the last election. As things stands now, it is Kamma only party.

CBN bashed BJP, then supported BJP, then backstabbed BJP, then supported BJP, then backstabbed BJP again and now again shamelessly wants BJP support. Since he already burnt bridges with Modi, he sent his coterie (Sujana, CM ramesh) over to BJP as coverts. He is a snake. He has no values. He supported TRS, then bashed TRS and then begged TRS again to support him against BJP (which TRS rebuffed) . Then went over to Congress and begged Pappu and Mamata.

The problem is not Kammas perse but this CBN and his son which they have chosen as their leader. And Kammas as a group even after all this are still solidly behind CBN/TDP and have no intention of dumping him. Even from their cynical and selfish caste perspective, after CBNs drubbing, Kamma's/TDP's second rung leaders could have dumped CBN and moved en mass to BJP, rally around the Hindutva flag and fight Jagan. But i dont see such rational thinking in them. Kammas are still very much emotionally attached to CBN/TDP and are still rallying around him. At the most some Kamma/TDP people are displaying some opportunistic Hindutva now by selectively highlighting Jagan's EJ activities (which CBN too supported when he was in power) while still supporting CBN. They will move to BJP only as a last resort when they see no other option. They haven't reached that stage yet. They are betting that Jagan's mistakes will result in BCs coming back to their party fold and give them another chance in next elections. So they are not and wont be BJP friendly caste anytime soon as long as they see hope and Nara dynasty is on the scene.

But here is the thing. Their (Kamma's) hope that they will get a another chance if they stick around CBN is misplaced. Jagan Reddy have a solid Reddy + Christian vote bank. As as more people convert (across castes), the more votebank Jagan will have. And if my hunch is true , then Jagan and his EJ friends will go full throttle with converting as many BCs as possible in this term. Only a fullfledged Hindu consolidation can stop him now.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

https://twitter.com/Jaz_baatein/status/ ... 9872133120

Tamilians protest against PM Narendra Modi at Timesquare in New York. (Video)

Whose are these Tamils ? NRI DMK morons or EJs or both ?

I have to admit, for all the talk we are having on some TDP elements, sections of Tamils/DMK elements are completely on different level in terms of their hatred for Modi and Hindutva.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rony wrote:@Jay,

TDP lost BC support in the last election. As things stands now, it is Kamma only party.

CBN bashed BJP, then supported BJP, then backstabbed BJP, then supported BJP, then backstabbed BJP again and now again shamelessly wants BJP support. Since he already burnt bridges with Modi, he sent his coterie (Sujana, CM ramesh) over to BJP as coverts. He is a snake. He has no values. He supported TRS, then bashed TRS and then begged TRS again to support him against BJP (which TRS rebuffed) . Then went over to Congress and begged Pappu and Mamata.

The problem is not Kammas perse but this CBN and his son which they have chosen as their leader. And Kammas as a group even after all this are still solidly behind CBN/TDP and have no intention of dumping him. Even from their cynical and selfish caste perspective, after CBNs drubbing, Kamma's/TDP's second rung leaders could have dumped CBN and moved en mass to BJP, rally around the Hindutva flag and fight Jagan. But i dont see such rational thinking in them. Kammas are still very much emotionally attached to CBN/TDP and are still rallying around him. At the most some Kamma/TDP people are displaying some opportunistic Hindutva now by selectively highlighting Jagan's EJ activities (which CBN too supported when he was in power) while still supporting CBN. They will move to BJP only as a last resort when they see no other option. They haven't reached that stage yet. They are betting that Jagan's mistakes will result in BCs coming back to their party fold and give them another chance in next elections. So they are not and wont be BJP friendly caste anytime soon as long as they see hope and Nara dynasty is on the scene.

But here is the thing. Their (Kamma's) hope that they will get a another chance if they stick around CBN is misplaced. Jagan Reddy have a solid Reddy + Christian vote bank. As as more people convert (across castes), the more votebank Jagan will have. And if my hunch is true , then Jagan and his EJ friends will go full throttle with converting as many BCs as possible in this term. Only a fullfledged Hindu consolidation can stop him now.
AS has already said publicly that naidu will never be taken back.

Don't see anyone in the BJP with the b@!!$ to take on AS.

naidu can go drown himself or take political sanyas along with his family and hand over the reigns of the party to someone else and quit politics altogether.

NDA has closed its doors forever for Chandrababu Naidu: Amit Shah
Exuding confidence that the NDA will retain power and Narendra Modi will become Prime Minister again after the 2019 elections, he predicted that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief will once again try to come into NDA fold.

New Delhi
February 4, 2019

Recalling that Naidu started his political career as an MLA of Congress, Amit Shah said he always switched loyalties to enjoy power.

HIGHLIGHTS

Shah predicted that Naidu will once again try to come into NDA fold
He will not find a place in the alliance," he told a public meeting at Palasa town in Srikakulam district while flagging off, Amit Shah said
Naidu joined hands with the Congress which had insulted Telugu people, he said

BJP president Amit Shah on Monday launched a scathing attack on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and made it clear that the doors of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) were closed forever for him.

Exuding confidence that the NDA will retain power and Narendra Modi will become Prime Minister again after the 2019 elections, he predicted that the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief will once again try to come into NDA fold.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Rony wrote:https://twitter.com/Jaz_baatein/status/ ... 9872133120

Tamilians protest against PM Narendra Modi at Timesquare in New York. (Video)

Whose are these Tamils ? NRI DMK morons or EJs or both ?

I have to admit, for all the talk we are having on some TDP elements, sections of Tamils/DMK elements are completely on different level in terms of their hatred for Modi and Hindutva.
This is the BIF EJ "dravidian" separatist lot. You will find a lot of ltte lovers in this gang. DMK's core support group.
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

A section of Kammas landlords gone rouge for a long time back. Justice Party ( remember it?) was their creation. We all know its present versions like DMK are mostly urban naxals. So there is that.These ideas are in the writings of many leading Kamma writers of old times.

While they openly do not admit it, TDP ideas were influenced by these writers like Thripuraneni writings etc which are what we now call as "rational". Their ideas on Hindu religion is that of a soft DMK. The hatred of Brahmans which is also a very old one. This is there from NTR removing Karanams etc to taking over temples etc. It still this continues. Unlike NTR time post 2014 win it is quite open. For example out of the 200 MLA and MP seats in 2019 TDP has not even given a single seat to Brahmans. Not one. It is totally illogical considering that 2014 it is widely beloved Brahmans supported TDP+BJP.

You have to note that BJP is seen by TDP ( and even by Congress in AP) as a Brahmin party. So they do not consider joining with BJP is a natural thing for them. Powersharing is ok. But brininging BJP into power is not for them. So if BJP is in power or going to be in power they will use BJP to get power and the moment it has no power they will dump it. Added to the NM is being a "lowly BC" and "junior" to TDP do not help. TDP sees that the CBN should have been in NM place or at least a king maker just like ABV period. It did not happen.
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

Rony wrote:@Jay,

This is exactly what I feel too. There are more Kammas/TDP supporters who will happily ditch TDP than other casts coming into TDP's influence as long as Naidu clan has hold of TDP, thus, TDP cadre should be the ideal block that should be picked up and integrated into dharmic hold. I have no doubt in my mind that they(TDP/Kammas) are a whole lot easier to integrate into BJP/Dharmic views, than Jagan, or TRS, or Congi pasand blocks.
Last edited by Jay on 24 Sep 2019 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
bahdada
BRFite

Post by bahdada »

Been circulating on SM.

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks go easy on Telugu states politics.
Don't want this to be a caste bashing thread.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Journalist Sai is very nationalistic and very good analysis in Telugu.

Here he is talking about Pakistani plot to activate sleeper cells and plot to assassinate Modi/Shah by ISI.

Promote this guy especially to Telugu friends/families
Download PublicVibe from Appstore and Play store: http://bit.ly/2HMmAJs
Click Here and Subscribe Our New Channel Journalist Sai 2.0

He talks about Houston Howdy Modi! Why Texas?
He talks about Texas a territory of Mexico but became special state of US. US and Texas ruler came to agreement. When Mexico tried to go war, US defeated. He brings out Texas equivalency to J&K and sends a signal to US that J&K is similar to Texas.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Jay wrote:
Rony wrote: Dont tell me Kammas are BJP friendly caste. They supported BJP as long as TDP supported BJP. Nothing more, nothing less.
TDP supported and was a member of erstwhile NDA/Vajypee government, and contested 2014 elections with Modi/BJP. What was that then? Telugu folks (kammas, and non kammas alike)need to delineate that' TDP = Kammas and only kammas' to truly unlock the potential and get TDP into the dharmic fold. Within AP/TG, apart from TDP, which other party supported BJP? Not Congress, CPI/CPM, YSRC, MIM, PJP, or TRS(Remember Kavitha saying TG is same as Kashmir and both are oppressed by India?). Maybe it's my confirmation bias, but I strongly believe that TDP is the way to start bringing Telugu folks into Dharmic hold. Jagan will behave as long as the noose of his corruption cases hang above his head, but I will be wary of this Snake for all its worth.

Not wanting to inflame an already contentious issue but we cover up everything that naidu did in the innocuous catchall phrase

"TDP supported and was a member of erstwhile NDA/Vajypee government, and contested 2014 elections with Modi/BJP."

all the while forgetting what was done to ABA by naidu and why he "contested" the 2014 elections and how he thought that "being Modi's ""senior (!!!)"" would allow him to ride roughshod over the BJP once again by adopting the very same pernicious and malignant techniques that were tolerated by the gentlemanly ABA.

He didn't even accommodate the BJP in the seat sharing because he wanted the all important controlling and dominating position as the one party with the numbers to make or break the BJP.

Unfortunately for him, so did folks from UP, bengal, TN and many other regional satraps and pawarful people who all aspired to the real power behind the Modi throne, and in some cases, greedily wanted the throne all for themselves, all wanting to access the dilli gaddi using the devegowda principle of least resistance. That was a political black swan and a repeat of that foolish experiment is like expecting lightning to strike twice in the same place.

naidu has now been taught the lesson of a generation as far as he is concerned and his failed extortionate politics has left him wide open and vulnerable to the venomous onslaughts of jagan.

one does not see any sympathy for this snake from any quarter.

if the naidu family is excised and removed like cancer from the body politic of the TDP, it just might become a worthwhile proportion.

The BJP has become extremely allergic to naidu and rightly so. This BJP generation has long memories and is not very forgiving of gaddars and an unmistakable message has been sent to a whole lot of others who have all rather foolishly swallowed the "chaiwalla" meme and still expect to overcome the MAD trio using the ABA era methods.

It is only now dawning on the incredulous losers that delivery of services is the new mantra and has hopefully replaced the previously perfected over seven decades political techniques of sticky fingered delivery, state patronage driven, vote bank appeasement based, ballot box stuffing, violence dominated, minority prominent FFNGO led and history rewriting BIF sponsored meme that all commies, urban naxals, lootyens and congi led entities had collectively pioneered and were very comfortable in the cocooned environment that had been created to perpetuate this very meme.

the gentleman from odisha is the only one who has truly seen the light and instead of looking for nonexistent cobras he has truly recognized the newest species, the very aggressive black mamba that is now prowling the political jungles and so patnaik has entered into a very sensible agreement with it, a kind of an "eat me last" proposition.

This lesson is slowly being internalized and the results are evident for all to see in the recent RS voting patterns.

Naidu neither has any political capital left to expend nor does he have the means to defend himself now.

He seems to have brought down his own house of cards upon himself.

And as far as jagan is concerned, he is trying to prove to MAD that he is more loyal than the king because to consolidate his position, he desperately needs the center's benevolent hand.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

vijayk wrote: ...
Journalist Sai is very nationalistic and very good analysis in Telugu.
He usually went by the wind supporting JS, TDP, BJP at various times during elections. However he is to the point of the topic when he analyzes.

https://youtu.be/l3itvYgXcLw?t=118
In his recent video this caught my attention. Some pastor angst about losing church members due to planned conversion bills. I'm not sure whether the plan is to bring the bill before or after census collection next year. Governments are also going with some rules for NGOs to register they don't work for conversions and pastors to register church members and submit to Government. Some interesting issues are coming up.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

This discussion again!!! This discussion was the one which locked out the entire political discussion forum once. Nobody is sincere in these discussions and its all cloak and dagger. One major grievance thought which feeds in to this discussion is that regional parties especially south indian regional parties are against brahmins and therefore must be ruthlessly destroyed no matter what cost. They created a mental map that most of them are offshoots of Dravidian ideology. And fight their battles based on that mental map. Another major grievance is caste politics within telugu people. Some people like to paint one case - say kamma - as virulently anti-hindu and hope that someone in BJP/RSS will get angry enough and do their dirty job for them and settle their caste scores. It is exactly like paki painting a rival as kuffir and hoping someone out there is mad enough to wage his jihad on them. If kammas are that evil why dont they fight them themsevles - after all they are supposed to be less than 5%. Nope they want BJP to do it for them.

All these weird discussions dont reflect the numerous complexities on ground. I asked a telugu brahmin recently whether he is going to "howdy modi" in texas - he guffawed and said "who will go to that gujju show". I said arent BJP supposed to be close to your samajika vargam (caste). He said whatever they say in theory on a social level it wont "set" for them ("set kadhu") while he finds it very easy socializing in any south event.

It is this practical perspective that is missed in this dark brooding here.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

kiranA wrote:All these weird discussions dont reflect the numerous complexities on ground. I asked a telugu brahmin recently whether he is going to "howdy modi" in texas - he guffawed and said "who will go to that gujju show". I said arent BJP supposed to be close to your samajika vargam (caste). He said whatever they say in theory on a social level it wont "set" for them ("set kadhu") while he finds it very easy socializing in any south event.

So anecdote involving a grand total of ONE person is "practical perspective"?

Did you ask your "telugu brahmin" to clarify what he meant by "gujju show"?
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

I think we should respect the Mod request and STOP the caste discussion please.

Instead, let's focus on what VijayK & ShyamSP have highlighted about Journalist SAI - that person is perhaps one of the most honest & nationalist journalists in entire south India right now and deserves more credit.. I posted his videos during the run up to the 2019 polls, have been listening to him EVERY DAY for about 5-6 months now. He was almost campaigning for BJP, YSRCP & JS and quite anti-TDP & obviously anti-cong/commies.

Despite what his regional biases are - what I like the most is his coverage of National & International issues from Indian perspective, he is a better source than most main stream news outlets. His thinking style is a fresh change for Telugus, who are exposed only to various doses of RED/YELLOW & occasionally GREEN arguments on TV & media. Frankly, his videos need to be translated into all south Indian languages and even HINDI if possible.. he's doing a great job awakening ordinary folks into the nationalist realm. Some good videos I recommend are - that one on Balakot strike, how India secured Abhinandan's release, what international strategies at play by Modi ji to prevent Pak counter action and some of the latest defense acquisitions and how they feed into Indian arms repertoire - all explained in simple, no-drama, concise language.

Also, there's an interview of him on youtube to know more about him- came from a poor family, struggled early in career, rose through ranks of a prominent media house but quit his job unable to bear constant criticism of views & stifling by the prominent yellow/TDP media outlet.
OmkarC
BRFite

Post by OmkarC »

Two recent impressive videos:

And the great international drama that was played by MAD for Abhinandan's release:
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Kashi wrote:
kiranA wrote:All these weird discussions dont reflect the numerous complexities on ground. I asked a telugu brahmin recently whether he is going to "howdy modi" in texas - he guffawed and said "who will go to that gujju show". I said arent BJP supposed to be close to your samajika vargam (caste). He said whatever they say in theory on a social level it wont "set" for them ("set kadhu") while he finds it very easy socializing in any south event.

So anecdote involving a grand total of ONE person is "practical perspective"?

Did you ask your "telugu brahmin" to clarify what he meant by "gujju show"?
Simply because it rings true. What will a telugu brahmin with his elderly parents from kakinada do in a show with a hindi speaker and has dhoklas for snacks. They simply cant head for the exit soon enough.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

kiranA wrote:Simply because it rings true. What will a telugu brahmin with his elderly parents from kakinada do in a show with a hindi speaker and has dhoklas for snacks. They simply cant head for the exit soon enough.
So "Hindi speaker" (nevermind that NaMo's native tongue is Gujarati not Hindi) plus "dhoklas for snacks" (based on a sweeping assumption that only dhoklas were served as snacks) makes it a gujju show? Did you carry out an exhaustive analysis to come to this conclusion?

Secondly, Telugu Brahmin with elderly parents from Kakinada living in the USA (as far from Telugu land as you can get) will find an INDIAN gathering unpalatable?

Jai ho KiranA.
kiranA
BRFite

Post by kiranA »

Kashi wrote:
kiranA wrote:Simply because it rings true. What will a telugu brahmin with his elderly parents from kakinada do in a show with a hindi speaker and has dhoklas for snacks. They simply cant head for the exit soon enough.
So "Hindi speaker" (nevermind that NaMo's native tongue is Gujarati not Hindi) plus "dhoklas for snacks" (based on a sweeping assumption that only dhoklas were served as snacks) makes it a gujju show? Did you carry out an exhaustive analysis to come to this conclusion?

Secondly, Telugu Brahmin with elderly parents from Kakinada living in the USA (as far from Telugu land as you can get) will find an INDIAN gathering unpalatable?

Jai ho KiranA.
Dont be so obtuse...first off all NAMO speaks in hindi . Second Dallas has a huge telugu community and a telugu person need not sit stone faced infront of gujaratis not knowing the language they speak or the food they serve if they are looking for an indian gathering even if ocassionally south snacks or telugu songs are dropped in . As he put very succinctly "set kaadhu". There are plenty of more gatherings there which satisfy their social needs far more effectively. Thats what that man was alluding to when he said he feels far more comfortable in south based settings.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Lets listen to ramanaji's advice and not bring in caste-centric discussions. Lets keep the focus on how we can get our message.

SAI seems to be pretty good journalist and lets help spread his message

Spread his channel every where

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJAb1c ... cygBIP9Azg
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Sai has won Ramnath Goyanka award of journalism some time back IIRC. Quite patriotic person. We nay not agree with his idea that all religions are peaceful etc etc. But otherwise very good.
prasannasimha
Forum Moderator

Post by prasannasimha »

If this caste based bashing does not stop pronto bans will be issued. Be warned. This forum is Bharath Rakshakh were we talkand promote unity and not create anecdotal fables. This page will be monitored.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Modi saying at UNGA "....3000 years ago Tamil poet said in world oldest language Tamil....."
Then he quotes Tamil poets name and speaks that poem fluently ...
Jay
BRFite

Post by Jay »

chetak wrote: if the naidu family is excised and removed like cancer from the body politic of the TDP, it just might become a worthwhile proportion.

Naidu neither has any political capital left to expend nor does he have the means to defend himself now.

He seems to have brought down his own house of cards upon himself.

And as far as jagan is concerned, he is trying to prove to MAD that he is more loyal than the king because to consolidate his position, he desperately needs the center's benevolent hand.
Chetak garu, this needs to be done and sooner the better. For all the things that Naidu supporters claim he did to the state(credit where its due, he did) he lost the state to anti national forces three times(2004/2009/2019) and he showed he learnt diddly squat in these losses. On top that, he aligned himself with all these anti-modi forces and for me that is reason enough for his replacement. I do not see YSRCP, JSP, Congoons leading a transition into dharmic rajya in AP. This has to happen with BJP, and TDP together and Naidu must be sacrificed for this. Do you see any upcoming leaders in AP who are capable of stringing this coalition and defeat the EJ/Anti dharmic folks?
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Along with Journalist Sai's Youtube Channel, one more channel which needs wide coverage among Telugus is Bharat Today 24-hour News channel.

Bharat Today Youtube Link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtlOBr ... A/featured

For people in North America, its available in Yupp TV i believe along with Youtube. It was started by Swami Paripoornananda who joined BJP last year. One must watch show in Bharat Today is Dharmapetam which talks about issues facing Hindu society like Christian missionaries and how to debunk their propaganda. They are the only Telugu channel which had a discussion show on Rajiv Malhotra's 'Breaking India' book.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Its a not a bad idea to list Regional News Channels, YouTube Channels by Language in the first page of this thread (like we do with Paki thread) which are nationalist and sympathetic to Hindu causes and resist Breaking India forces in their respective states.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

history rewriting BIF sponsored meme that all commies, urban naxals, lootyens and congi led entities had collectively pioneered and were very comfortable in the cocooned environment
Pakistein is a dagger that has been planted in Asia by successive invaders over centuries (1000+ years) who fail to even mention that much ie hide it well - while pakis call it geostrategic location or something. Hopefully our politicians see this isn't done anymore. Reminds of a picture from Saudi where one fellow got to be the next King and jail other 20 (cousins) in that pic - such random jihadis wouldn't come around near India and will be dealt in their own jihadi-sque environment.