2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 26 May 2019 21:37

dinesh_kimar wrote:Dr.Subramanian Swamy to Zee news:

1.RJB can be built, using existing laws. No need to wait for supreme court, only issue is adequate compensation for acquiring land.

2. Article 35 and 370 can be scrapped, no need parliamentary debates, only approval from the President required.

Attributes victory to Namo's sincerity, hard work, no corruption charges and bold decesions like Balakot. The voters carefully compared this with the opposition.


Regarding #2 above, I am sure Dr. Swamy knows better than most of us. My previous impression was that it would require legislation, but such legislation (especially with regard to temporary provisions such as Art 370) would be passed as ordinary bills - requiring only 50% majority and allowing joint sessions in case of issues in RS. Since the Constitution would not actually needed to be amended in its essence, there is no requirement for 2/3rd majority, extended debates, etc.

TKiran
BRFite
Posts: 923
Joined: 13 Dec 2009 00:22

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby TKiran » 26 May 2019 21:43

Suryag,

I still don't understand why I deserve to be banned just because I put the retweet of none other than our own bheeshma pitamaha "ramana Garu". Could you please tell me in much more detail, what is that in my post that has infuriated you? Your claim that Gadkari never said what was in the official BJP handle has confused me. Please let me know your thoughts.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19295
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 26 May 2019 21:44

pankajs wrote:Lalu in depression .. skipping lunch for the past 2 days.

It strike me that the Lalu NextGen is in-competent and with the father in jail, they do not have the pull anymore. The youths are already moving beyond caste. One more election, Lalu would have disappeared form the scene and RJD will become a shell of its former self.

Advantage BJP in Bihar going forward.


nitishwa is waiting in the wings like a ghoul anticipating a feast.

The BJP has enough competent people in bihar to manage the CM gaddi instead of propping him up forever and being at his mercy.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7051
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby disha » 26 May 2019 21:45

Karan M wrote:
Singha wrote:https://anthro.ai/indianelections/notes/election-2019-where-we-went-wrong/

anthro.ai still hopes the MGB can do damage to BJP


What a bunch of arrogant, pompous sh!ts. Really explains everything about the LeLi mindset.


:(( :(( I am a Left Liberal Secular Feminist. I believe in

* Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas (secular)
* Jan Dhan account for poor. State should subsidize homes and toilets and schools for the disadvantage (left liberal)
* I believe Triple Talaq, Nikah halala should be removed (feminist)

I am crying a river now, since I am being painted as yindoo chauvinist saffron andh bhakt on whatsapps even now (looks like 30 crore Indians are in the same boat!!!)

Khan market gang and the Lootyens have appropriated the "Left Liberal Secular" tags for themselves and painted the common Indian as a sub-altern luddite only to be held up for contempt and definitely as canon fodder to underscore the "open attitude" of the Khan market gang.

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6932
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby IndraD » 26 May 2019 21:47

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... -of-a-wink
if there is one review on elections held you need to read this is it!
Masterpiece from M J Akbar! Full of informative nuggets, analysis & punchlines

(like Sam Pitroda considered himself PM candidate from congress :eek: )

srin
BRFite
Posts: 1727
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:13

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby srin » 26 May 2019 21:48

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/rahul-gandhi-takes-back-offer-to-resign/articleshow/69506879.cms
The sources added that responsibility will be fixed for the party's debacle in the general elections and actions will unfold in the next 10 days.

Gandhi had offered to step down from the party President's post at the CWC meeting, taking responsibility for Congress' embarrassing defeat in the Lok Sabha polls. However, his offer was unanimously rejected by the CWC members though Gandhi had insisted on its acceptance.
Party sources said that Gandhi took back the offer to resign in the wake of the views expressed by the CWC members.


Now we can all be happy. Good news for 2024 elections :D

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19295
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 26 May 2019 21:52

KL Dubey wrote:
dinesh_kimar wrote:Dr.Subramanian Swamy to Zee news:

1.RJB can be built, using existing laws. No need to wait for supreme court, only issue is adequate compensation for acquiring land.

2. Article 35 and 370 can be scrapped, no need parliamentary debates, only approval from the President required.

Attributes victory to Namo's sincerity, hard work, no corruption charges and bold decesions like Balakot. The voters carefully compared this with the opposition.


Regarding #2 above, I am sure Dr. Swamy knows better than most of us. My previous impression was that it would require legislation, but such legislation (especially with regard to temporary provisions such as Art 370) would be passed as ordinary bills - requiring only 50% majority and allowing joint sessions in case of issues in RS. Since the Constitution would not actually needed to be amended in its essence, there is no requirement for 2/3rd majority, extended debates, etc.


swamy should know when to speak and what to speak. let the new govt form and take a little breather.

when there is a khushi ka mahol let it be.

looking at some of his statements, I strongly feel that he may soon be headed the arun shourie/ yeshwant sinha way.

I am one of his greatest fans but he is beginning to rock the boat.

No one else in India could have done some of the things that he has done for the Hindus but he has to tone it down just a bit and bide his time for just a few weeks.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19295
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 26 May 2019 21:55

srin wrote:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/rahul-gandhi-takes-back-offer-to-resign/articleshow/69506879.cms
The sources added that responsibility will be fixed for the party's debacle in the general elections and actions will unfold in the next 10 days.

Gandhi had offered to step down from the party President's post at the CWC meeting, taking responsibility for Congress' embarrassing defeat in the Lok Sabha polls. However, his offer was unanimously rejected by the CWC members though Gandhi had insisted on its acceptance.
Party sources said that Gandhi took back the offer to resign in the wake of the views expressed by the CWC members.


Now we can all be happy. Good news for 2024 elections :D


so pappu offered to "resign" in the CWC headed by him and his "resignation" was unanimously rejected by the very same CWC chaired by him.

nice.

where do I sign up for such a cushy job.

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6167
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Supratik » 26 May 2019 21:57

Dubeyji, Art 35A was passed by Presidential order and never went through parliament. It is unconstitutional. Similar to secularism and socialism which were brought into the constitution during emergency. IMO such acts ought to be struck down by his honors in the SC. However, the C-system managed the SC over the years and the laws remained. If this govt is serious it should wait for SC verdict and if his honors are still playing poker then they should be struck down through presidential order. No need to go through parliament as these laws are in any case unconstitutional. It is upto the BJP to see if they have the guts to do what is right.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11067
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby pankajs » 26 May 2019 21:57

chetak wrote:
pankajs wrote:Lalu in depression .. skipping lunch for the past 2 days.

It strike me that the Lalu NextGen is in-competent and with the father in jail, they do not have the pull anymore. The youths are already moving beyond caste. One more election, Lalu would have disappeared form the scene and RJD will become a shell of its former self.

Advantage BJP in Bihar going forward.


nitishwa is waiting in the wings like a ghoul anticipating a feast.

The BJP has enough competent people in bihar to manage the CM gaddi instead of propping him up forever and being at his mercy.

You did not get the point ....

AFTER Lalu & Nitish WHO?

Lalu at least had his family into the game though they seem to have failed. Who will hold the JDU caste combo together AFTER Nitishwa? Ideally it will all fall into the BJP's lap leaving the minorities aside. Why disturb Nitishwa when Modi/BJP has other newer lands to conquer?

suryag
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3371
Joined: 11 Jan 2009 00:14

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby suryag » 26 May 2019 21:58

TKiran wrote:Suryag,

I still don't understand why I deserve to be banned just because I put the retweet of none other than our own bheeshma pitamaha "ramana Garu". Could you please tell me in much more detail, what is that in my post that has infuriated you? Your claim that Gadkari never said what was in the official BJP handle has confused me. Please let me know your thoughts.


You said Gadkari is doing an ahsaan which he didn’t

srin
BRFite
Posts: 1727
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:13

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby srin » 26 May 2019 22:02

Supratik wrote:Dubeyji, Art 35A was passed by Presidential order and never went through parliament. It is unconstitutional. Similar to secularism and socialism which were brought into the constitution during emergency. IMO such acts ought to be struck down by his honors in the SC. However, the C-system managed the SC over the years and the laws remained. If this govt is serious it should wait for SC verdict and if his honors are still playing poker then they should be struck down through presidential order. No need to go through parliament as these laws are in any case unconstitutional. It is upto the BJP to see if they have the guts to do what is right.


It has already waited enough. Better to strike it down through the same process - ie, executive action - that created it and leave it to the SC to figure out if it is constitutional action (then both creation and repeal are correct, and unlikely IMO) or unconstitutional (which means the creation of the act was also unconstitutional).

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16767
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: Skies over BRFATA
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Rahul M » 26 May 2019 22:03

Guddu wrote:Is there a legal limit as to how many times a person can be PM in India ? In some countries, eg USA its just 2 terms.

NO and there cannot be. Unlike the Presidential system the PM is not a constitutional post, he is just the leader of the ruling group of MP's. How can the constitution(aka rules of the state) interfere in the rights of a party/coalition to elect its own leader ?

Nehru was PM for 4 times.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1929
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Picklu » 26 May 2019 22:05

srin wrote:
Supratik wrote:Dubeyji, Art 35A was passed by Presidential order and never went through parliament. It is unconstitutional. Similar to secularism and socialism which were brought into the constitution during emergency. IMO such acts ought to be struck down by his honors in the SC. However, the C-system managed the SC over the years and the laws remained. If this govt is serious it should wait for SC verdict and if his honors are still playing poker then they should be struck down through presidential order. No need to go through parliament as these laws are in any case unconstitutional. It is upto the BJP to see if they have the guts to do what is right.


It has already waited enough. Better to strike it down through the same process - ie, executive action - that created it and leave it to the SC to figure out if it is constitutional action (then both creation and repeal are correct, and unlikely IMO) or unconstitutional (which means the creation of the act was also unconstitutional).


Striking it down as a presidential order without invalidating it legally first ensures a precedent to bring it (& many others back in) in the same process. Invalidating them legally via SC would set a precedent that will prevent such shenanigans in the future.

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6167
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Supratik » 26 May 2019 22:19

Thats not correct. In fact it is the opposite to what you say. A law HAS TO PASS through parliament. If it hasn't it is unconstitutional in the first place. So you are effectively undoing something that was unconstitutional and "illegal" in the first place. In fact it sets precedent that no law can pass without going through parliament. I believe Art 35A never went through parliament and Art370 was never ratified in parliament.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1929
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Picklu » 26 May 2019 22:24

One of the best impact of the 2019 is to remove(partially) the trauma of 2004 from the indic folks.

The 2004, in its impact, were similar to the last ball six of Javed Miandad in Sharjah. Anyone who had gone through that match would attest the deep lasting scar left to the psyche that multiple Indian win at various venue still haven't removed completely despite the current dominance. 2004 GE result was one such. Similar to the cricket situation, the scar would never go completely (we have lost at least 10+ years of our productive life with UPA at helm) but this result would help sooth the pain.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8068
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Pratyush » 26 May 2019 22:24

While constitution sets no limits on the number of terms an MP can be elected.

I personally feel that no member should contest for more than 2 terms and should quit on his own so that new talent comes up organically.

Picklu
BRFite
Posts: 1929
Joined: 25 Feb 2004 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Picklu » 26 May 2019 22:29

Supratik wrote:Thats not correct. In fact it is the opposite to what you say. A law HAS TO PASS through parliament. If it hasn't it is unconstitutional in the first place. So you are effectively undoing something that was unconstitutional and "illegal" in the first place. In fact it sets precedent that no law can pass without going through parliament. I believe Art 35A never went through parliament and Art370 was never ratified in parliament.


Not sure if you are addressing this to me. However, I am also stating the same thing.

The law was unconstitutional and hence should be established as unconstitutional in SC with exactly the same argument that it was not passed through the parliament. Voiding it through a presidential order without first establishing it as unconstitutional leaves the door open for bringing it back again as a presidential order at a later point of time.

On the other hand, making it unconstitutional through SC with the argument that it was not passed through parliament creates a precedent. So, any future such hanky panky bypassing the parliament during a future emergency will become automatically null and void as soon as the emergency is over.

Hope this is clear.

nandakumar
BRFite
Posts: 928
Joined: 10 May 2010 13:37

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby nandakumar » 26 May 2019 22:31

Karthik S wrote:
ShyamSP wrote:
===
BJP Tamilnadu
@BJP4TamilNadu
· May 25
My first job would be to link Godavari and Krishna and this bring water to TamilNadu - Hon min @nitin_gadkari

This is what BJP is all about
Even though you reject #TNRejectsBJP, they will do their duty.

Thank you sir

#BJPStandsForTN
===

Gadkari wants roll over water-deficit AP to bring water to TN? Only channel possible is constructed NTR's Telugu Ganga which provides drinking water to Chennai. Before providing to Chennai it has to provide and quench many water deficit areas. He has to bring real Ganga to South India to do so which will be good if River-linking is taken as National project.


Water will not be given to TN in a sealed pipe. The canal that links places can provide water to regions where it passes through. Think about it, those lands near canal can then be acquired by whatever means by your people. It will be good real estate business.

Yes, it is true. Water will not be given in a sealed pipe. It will be delivered through an open channel. But in the absence of planned diversionary canals along the way from Kandaleru reservoir to Chennai , the best that farmers can do is to lift water illegally is through a diesel pump by inserting a pipe into the channel through which water flows. There is a limitation on how much water you can extract. In fact if Andhra really wanted to supply 15 TMC of Krishna water through Kandaleru reservoir even in the best years, they could have easilly done so and the net inflow with all the illegal tapping along the way, would have still fetched 10 TMC of water which would have been enough for Chennai for drinking water even in the lean years.

disha
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 7051
Joined: 03 Dec 2006 04:17
Location: gaganaviharin

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby disha » 26 May 2019 22:35

TKiran wrote:For five years CBN could not complete the Polavaram project as the centre didn't release the funds


Polavaram is a national project.

That is all tax payers from Dwarka to Guwahati and from Kashmir to Kanyakumari including tax payers from Telangana are contributing to Polavaram project.

Center can only release the funds when certain project milestones are met. CBN and his cronies wanted to divert funds from the Polavaram project into their own personal coffers. It did not happen and hence the heart burn.

Have you ever wondered how the Maheswari-Parameshwari theatre was built? Nanha-mujahids on this thread may remember only the shopping complex. But before that it was something else and where the cement of it came from?

Well the CBN/Jagan cronies want to do that with Polavaram. Times have changed. You need #Pappu in charge to siphon off funds and when you are at that, it is better to siphon off funds at a much larger scale, like the 2G or Coal. Look at the Kalaignar dynasty in TN.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 26 May 2019 22:37

IndraD wrote:http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/essay/the-price-of-a-wink
if there is one review on elections held you need to read this is it!
Masterpiece from M J Akbar! Full of informative nuggets, analysis & punchlines

(like Sam Pitroda considered himself PM candidate from congress :eek: )


Most of the article is light anecdotal banter, but I agree with the important conclusion:

There is bad news for many family-dominated parties. Mamata Banerjee’s mojo has crumbled; her visible tension during the campaign has been justified by the results. This momentum will lead to her defeat in the Assembly elections of 2021. A whispered message across Bengal has become precisely correct: “Unnishey half, Ekushey shaaf (Halve her seats in 2019, finish her in 2021)”. Naveen Patnaik has held on in Odisha, but his party is only an embodiment of his personal presence. In the next five, a lot of political space will open up. Since the only Congress reaction to this humiliation will probably be to elect Rahul Gandhi president for life, it will not be able to occupy this space. The contest will be between BJP and regional parties.


This has already been seen in LS 2019. The epic battles for UP, WB etc had the INC playing the role of vote-cutter at most, otherwise irrelevant. The NDA and UPA both gained at the expense of "others" (regional parties not aligned with either formation). One major difference is that NDA gains were mainly done by BJP, whereas non-INC allies contributed heavily to the UPA gain.

This is not to say the INC doesn't need to be dealt with. It has to be dealt with, but increasingly "behind the scenes" in order to crush the decades-old INC ecosystem and web of connections. Unlike the regional parties, the INC gang is more effective at BIF activities and not in electoral performance.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 26 May 2019 22:49

To paraphrase the saying, "a fool and his legislators are soon parted".

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/jolt-to-upendra-kushwahas-rlsp-all-3-legislators-join-jdu/articleshow/69509029.cms

In addition to all the MLAs defecting, they will also ask for recognition from ECI as the "real" RLSP.

So this man has gone from having comfortable representation in both Sansad and BH assembly, to now being literally empty-handed everywhere and quite likely not having a party at all.

Hopefully this is the beginning of mass defections/exodus in many states....
Last edited by KL Dubey on 26 May 2019 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

syam
BRFite
Posts: 475
Joined: 31 Jan 2017 00:13

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby syam » 26 May 2019 22:50

People in Nepal’s Birgunj celebrate BJP-led NDA’s victory - ANI News

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6167
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Supratik » 26 May 2019 22:53

Picklu, I am not saying don't go through SC. That is the right thing to do. But like everything else during C-system things were compromised. These articles although unconstitutional have been repeatedly challenged in SC in the past but were still not struck down. With judges like Chandrachud sitting in the SC what do you do if these laws still stay. Does the govt twiddle its thumb. My point is only under such circumstances. A Presidential order can be rescinded. Nothing unconstitutional in it.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 26 May 2019 23:01

I do hope Amit Shah does not join the cabinet, which will distract him from BJP electoral expansion.

TKiran
BRFite
Posts: 923
Joined: 13 Dec 2009 00:22

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby TKiran » 26 May 2019 23:01

suryag wrote:
TKiran wrote:Suryag,

I still don't understand why I deserve to be banned just because I put the retweet of none other than our own bheeshma pitamaha "ramana Garu". Could you please tell me in much more detail, what is that in my post that has infuriated you? Your claim that Gadkari never said what was in the official BJP handle has confused me. Please let me know your thoughts.


You said Gadkari is doing an ahsaan which he didn’t

Suryag,

Let me give the explanation... I never said "Gadkari said 'i am doing ahsaan on Tamilians' ". The word ahsaan was my own interpretation of what he meant to say. Are we not allowed to interpret what's the true intention of a person giving some statement?

There are two things, one is "sat" the other is "rithambhara pragna". "Sat" is sugar coated truth. You might have heard "Satyameva Jayate" which means only the sugar coated truth triumphs. But when you transcend "sat", you will realize "naked truth" which is called "rithambhara pragna".

It's very disturbing as the naked truth would challenge your own assumptions about the truths and it's sounds very unrealistic. If you have to transcend "rithambhara pragna", you​ may end up with your own feelings and your intellect starts fading away, as you can see the things around as they are, without the need of intellect. This is called "sampragyatha samadhi". (According to Patanjali's yogasutras).

The problem I believe is that I use "ritham" than "sat". I better refrain, as not many people (especially the BJP nationalists and deracinated Tamilians) understand or bear with the "naked truth".

In Telugu they say "నిజం నిప్పులాంటిది". Anyway I will refrain, thanks for everything.

hanumadu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4339
Joined: 11 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby hanumadu » 26 May 2019 23:06

I thought with the utter loss of congress, trolls would give it a rest at least for a few months. But looks like they have already begun in right earnest for 2024. They won't stop until the margin is bigger in 2024 and totally wipe out congress. Bring it on scum bags.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19295
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 26 May 2019 23:09

KL Dubey wrote:I do hope Amit Shah does not join the cabinet, which will distract him from BJP electoral expansion.



the BJP may have a limit on the number of terms that the party president can serve.

otherwise, there is no need to think of a replacement for AS.

jealousy also plays a huge part in shifting him and trying to break up the truly winning combo.

OTOH, he may return well in time for the next election.

Supratik
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6167
Joined: 09 Nov 2005 10:21
Location: USA

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Supratik » 26 May 2019 23:19

Sunil Deodhar or HBS may be the next president.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 561
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 26 May 2019 23:23

chetak wrote:
KL Dubey wrote:I do hope Amit Shah does not join the cabinet, which will distract him from BJP electoral expansion.


the BJP may have a limit on the number of terms that the party president can serve.

otherwise, there is no need to think of a replacement for AS.

jealousy also plays a huge part in shifting him and trying to break up the truly winning combo.

OTOH, he may return well in time for the next election.


According to Rajnath, he should be fine until January 2022 (two consecutive three-year terms allowed by the party constitution). He was elected in Jan 2016. His first 1.5 year period from July 2014-Jan 2016 does not count since it was an ad-hoc appointment filling in for Rajnath.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/amit-shah-has-6-years-left-as-bjp-president-says-rajnath-singh/articleshow/49736929.cms

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12660
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Suraj » 26 May 2019 23:24

hanumadu wrote:I thought with the utter loss of congress, trolls would give it a rest at least for a few months. But looks like they have already begun in right earnest for 2024. They won't stop until the margin is bigger in 2024 and totally wipe out congress. Bring it on scum bags.

NEVER correct these types . We need them to keep saying what they do, so that they dig even deeper graves in 2024 . I didn’t spend much time on Swarajyamag but loved reading Scroll/wire/quint . So much continued blindness - ‘people are easily conned by a strongman who has corrupted gentle Hinduism’ , ‘majoritarian hatred’ , ‘despite real economic crisis people are blinded by simple things like electricity / road and cooking gas’ . The latter is particularly laughable and out of touch .

Regarding cabinet formation , I would hope neither AS nor HBS are spent on ministerial work, unless their ministry is directly concerned with political expansion, ie Home . They are master strategists who must be given the power to focus on expansion into the south next .

Narad
BRFite
Posts: 835
Joined: 04 Jan 2010 15:15

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Narad » 26 May 2019 23:34

Saars, could not find abbrevation 'BIF' in BR dictionary. Kindly inform

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17947
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Karan M » 26 May 2019 23:41

Breaking India Forces. Catch all term describing the leftist Tukde Tukde gang, the Kashmiri terrorists and their apologists, the EJ-Hyuman rights group nexus, the Maoists and their over ground workers etc. All those who want to break India up and revel over Spivak's asinine million mutinies dream.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2266
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 26 May 2019 23:42

Narad wrote:Saars, could not find abbrevation 'BIF' in BR dictionary. Kindly inform


BIF (Breaking India Forces) is coinage from Rajiv Malhotra's book Breaking India

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2266
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 26 May 2019 23:45

syam wrote:People in Nepal’s Birgunj celebrate BJP-led NDA’s victory - ANI News


एकै सोर एकै भाखा एकै लहर ले ॥ from our Himalayan brothers.

prasannasimha
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1054
Joined: 15 Aug 2016 00:22

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby prasannasimha » 26 May 2019 23:46

Break India Forces

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2266
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 26 May 2019 23:48

disha wrote:... Times have changed. You need #Pappu in charge to siphon off funds and when you are at that, it is better to siphon off funds at a much larger scale, like the 2G or Coal. Look at the Kalaignar dynasty in TN.


Don't ban me for taking your bait :D , but, Michael Corleone took over after Vito Corleone's death. Sweet voice and king moved on to use 5G iphones. Are Gana-praja from Dwarak to Guwahati and Kashmir to Kanya Kumari are buying golden huts with 15 lakhs transferred from swiss accounts? :D

IndraD
BRF Oldie
Posts: 6932
Joined: 26 Dec 2008 15:38
Location: भारत का निश्चेत गगन

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby IndraD » 27 May 2019 01:08

dear gurus
why is Namo so sensitive on constitution amendment to the extent that party holders with blue tick are categorically writing no change in constitution possible?
Then what abt 370 etc?
And why is constitution sacrosanct to BJP only when congress has changed it some 50 times

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3629
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KLNMurthy » 27 May 2019 01:09

Singha wrote:good point OmkarC - i had shared the same assessment of Owaisi on BRF many years ago.

if not for the silent threats of the social circle, many many muslim women would vote for namo. those with any means are rebelling against the extreme gulf version of patriarchy like saudi women running away on vacation and asking for asylum.

I believe triple talaq is actually unlawful in most of the islamic sharia countries including pakistan, but here we have some political islamists and their cats paws wanting to be holier than thou.
nikah halala is more difficult to monitor and check.
there are reports of even female genital mutilation making its way to india from western side.

far from merging more with the mainstream, various oil droplets are trying to be holier than thou and take a defiant posture.

All good points about Asad Owaisi. I think there is a bit more to the story. He and younger Akbar Owaisi work as complements to each other, Asad being the Anglicised Oxbridge face and Akbar being the Urdu face. Akbar keeps the working-class Muslims of Malakpet / Chandrayanagutta and surrounding areas completely in his grip, and boosts their self-esteem by telling them that Hindus are cowards who don't know how to live a full life, whereas Muslims enjoy life because they submit to Allah. Under Akbar, parts of Hyderabad have become no-go for even police. It's all their "ilaka".

I think the brothers are playing the "long game", waiting for an opportunity. They aren't looking for Breaking India per se, but they want to expand their territory and power for sure. And their Razakar DNA is a key element of their armoury.

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 17947
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Karan M » 27 May 2019 01:10

IndraD, Modi's focused on setting a new precedent for the BJP to be regarded as a de-facto alternative to the Congress. So wants zero fuss about all this constitution and all other extraneous topics.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... glish.html


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dumal and 40 guests