2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9576
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KJo » 27 May 2019 22:28

Kashi wrote:
abhijitm wrote:This election all or at least most of the MPs got elected on Modi's name. BJP is a cadre based party and has thousands of karyakartas who work for the cause 24/7. This could have been an opportunity for BJP to reward some of those hard workers by giving them ticket instead of bringing an outsider gasbag like gambhir. Just IMHO.


Yes, same with the likes of Hema Malini or Kiron Kher et al. Not sure what purpose their candidatures have served.

I noted that Kirit Somaiya was denied a ticket to appease UT. Is this how you reward loyal karyakartas?


This is not an easy question.

BJP needs to WIN. So whoever can win best must be given a ticket. One cannot give tickets based on rewarding loyalists who may not be able to win. I am sure Shah/Modi thought in this manner.

But you are right. BJP needs to have classes for MPs about conduct. They cannot shoot their mouths off on twitter.

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9576
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KJo » 27 May 2019 22:33

Shaktimaan wrote:From Sreenivasan Jain's twitter :
Rahul Gandhi tells top Congress leaders that he is not taking back his resignation. Tells them they will have to find a new President, reports NDTV's Sunil Prabhu.

Are we seeing an old tactic being revived : To place a puppet on the hotseat and rule from behind the scenes without any direct responsibility?


My hope is that Congress appoints a Muslim or Christian President. This will show to the world their secularism. Why should a janeudhari be President?
Maybe Oomen Chandy, or Ahmed Patel or PJ Kurien or even some Congress supporting Mullah.

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18087
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Karan M » 27 May 2019 23:06

Anujan wrote:Rahul Gandhi should be replaced by a fresh new face, an outsider, like Priyanka Gandhi


:lol: :wink: :wink:

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11750
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby UlanBatori » 27 May 2019 23:40

D1ck V.J. Sing. I hear he's looking for a job anyway. The right mix of clear head (I mean really cleared of all matter), honesty, and reserved, thoughtful speech.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19513
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 28 May 2019 00:08

KJo wrote:
Shaktimaan wrote:From Sreenivasan Jain's twitter :
Rahul Gandhi tells top Congress leaders that he is not taking back his resignation. Tells them they will have to find a new President, reports NDTV's Sunil Prabhu.

Are we seeing an old tactic being revived : To place a puppet on the hotseat and rule from behind the scenes without any direct responsibility?


My hope is that Congress appoints a Muslim or Christian President. This will show to the world their secularism. Why should a janeudhari be President?
Maybe Oomen Chandy, or Ahmed Patel or PJ Kurien or even some Congress supporting Mullah.


for wayanad payback, the congis will select someone from that state and ensure that he does not have any qualities of PVNR, so they need someone with no brains, no b@ll$, wifi received embedded for 24X7 remote access and control and of course "secular" to the core and above all entirely safeguarding of the famila's interests and its sources of "influence".

This is how old thackeray selected his CMs and its what uddahav wants from Modi

g.sarkar
BRFite
Posts: 1860
Joined: 09 Jul 2005 12:22
Location: MERCED, California

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby g.sarkar » 28 May 2019 00:23

Very serious problem, not only no Narasimha type but no Jitan Ram Manjhi type either. But every politician has ambitions. It is really better to get Priynka Nehru Gandhi. But is it possible for her to divorce Badra? Badra will be the kiss of death. My brain just freezes up with the implications.
Gautam

raja_m
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 20
Joined: 22 Apr 2008 09:33
Location: Bhulok

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby raja_m » 28 May 2019 00:30

Congis and Pakis have a common shared ideals - put a Dimmy in charge and remote control from Pindi/10 Janpath. Question is who is the next Maunmohan singh? We already have a Thafoor :) giving media updates!

asbchakri
BRFite
Posts: 250
Joined: 14 Sep 2007 11:20
Location: Chennai
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby asbchakri » 28 May 2019 00:49

Ashok chavan, Antony and Sachin Pilots names are doing the rounds. The old gang want Antony. I do not think it will be like the time of Sitaram Kesari. This time the Gandhi clan will be part of all the main decision making team. Even though someone has the title, they all know who will call the shots. I don't think it will make much difference.
Last edited by asbchakri on 28 May 2019 01:00, edited 2 times in total.

Rahul M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 16776
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 21:09
Location: Skies over BRFATA
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Rahul M » 28 May 2019 00:51

Shivraj Singh Chouhan ??????

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9576
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KJo » 28 May 2019 00:54

INC carnage in 2019. Scroll through and yenjaay maadi Saar :((

UPA candidates in 2019 election

asbchakri
BRFite
Posts: 250
Joined: 14 Sep 2007 11:20
Location: Chennai
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby asbchakri » 28 May 2019 00:56

Rahul M wrote:Shivraj Singh Chouhan ??????


Sorry corrected

vera_k
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2987
Joined: 20 Nov 2006 13:45

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby vera_k » 28 May 2019 01:01

Stars might be aligning for Antony. Seems self-made unlike the other two candidates mentioned.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19513
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 28 May 2019 01:12

vera_k wrote:Stars might be aligning for Antony. Seems self-made unlike the other two candidates mentioned.



no stars.

he has the right backing from the powers that be beyond the shores.

If he can only stop his wife from selling her "paintings", he should be ok.

he will not rock the boat and he will not do anything either and he is as passive as the grass growing and PGV will be keeping an eagle eye out for any narasimha like tendencies

aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Apr 2019 10:59

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby aylamrin » 28 May 2019 01:16

asbchakri wrote:Ashok chavan, Antony and Sachin Pilots names are doing the rounds. The old gang want Antony. I do not think it will be like the time of Sitaram Kesari. This time the Gandhi clan will be part of all the main decision making team. Even though someone has the title, they all know who will call the shots. I don't think it will make much difference.


Darkha "pliable" Butt


Ashokk
BRFite
Posts: 460
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Ashokk » 28 May 2019 01:26

NDA likely to get Rajya Sabha majority by November 2020; Manmohan set to lose his seat next month
NEW DELHI: The BJP-led NDA is likely to get majority in Rajya Sabha by November next year which will complete BJP’s domination of Parliament and clear the way for the Narendra Modi government to push some key legislations which have been stalled in the upper House where the numbers favoured the opposition benches in NDA’s first term.
At present, NDA has 102 members in Rajya Sabha while Congress-led UPA has 65. Parties not aligned to either block have 73 in the House where support of 123 is needed to cross the half-way mark.
Ten seats will fall vacant in 2019 and 72 in 2020. Fifty-five of the 72 seats will fall vacant in April, five in June, one in July and 11 (including 10 from Uttar Pradesh) in November next year.
The ruling alliance will have to win the three assembly polls in Maharashtra, Haryana and Jharkhand, which are lined up this year as BJP’s defeat in six states —Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh - have delayed its prospects of getting the magic mark till November next year.
Absence of majority prevented the Modi government in its first term to get parliamentary approval for some key legislations like the Triple Talaq bill and amendments to the Citizenship Act.
The members may not see two former Prime Ministers among them in Parliament as H D Deve Gowda lost Lok Sabha poll while Manmohan Singh is retiring from Rajya Sabha next month. With Singh’s departure, Congress is set to lose its biggest UPA mascot at a time when the party appears already in the midst of an existential crisis.
Singh is currently member from Assam, but Congress cannot retain his seat from the state in upcoming polls for the Upper House on June 7. Besides Singh, another Congress Rajya Sabha member from the state, Santiuse Kujur, will also retire on June 14. Both seats will go to BJP and its ally as Congress does not have the required number in the state assembly.
Though eight more Rajya Sabha seats will go to polls this year, it won’t give Congress a chance to send Singh or any other party member to the upper House in 2019 unless it enlists DMK’s support for the former PM for a berth from Tamil Nadu.

Six seats will fall vacant in Tamil Nadu in July while one each from Bihar and Odisha will need to be filled this year. Congress doesn’t have enough MLAs in these assemblies to get even a single RS seat.
JD(S) or Congress will get chance to send Deve Gowda or Singh (if could not get DMK's support in July) to the upper House only next year which will see polls to fill 72 Rajya Sabha seats from 22 states. Deve Gowda was PM in 1996-97 while Singh held the post for 10 years from 2004 to 2014.

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7460
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Peregrine » 28 May 2019 01:41

Mods : Please Delete if Inappropriate

Hindu juggernaut
What Narendra Modi should do next

India’s ruling party has won a huge victory. If only it governed as well as it campaigns

For the second time in a row, the Bharatiya Janata Party led by Narendra Modi has swept an Indian election. As The Economist went to press, early projections suggested the alliance it leads had won well over 300 of the 545 seats in the lower house of parliament. The BJP itself looked set to claim a slender majority in its own right, of more than 272 seats(see article)

To put the scale of the BJP’s success in perspective, the last politician to lead a party to two successive electoral majorities in India was Indira Gandhi, in 1971, at the helm of the Congress party. Congress, now led by Indira’s grandson, clawed back a little ground after its disastrous performance at the previous election, in 2014, in which it won only 44 seats. But with a haul of perhaps 50, it remains a distant also-ran in Indian politics. In a country where previously routine anti-incumbency had generated decades of fissiparous politics, the BJP appears to have become the natural party of government, just as Congress was in the first years after independence.

Investors cheered the result, sending the main share index to a record high. The bjp’s victory holds out the prospect not just of stability, but also of development and reform. Its manifesto pledged lavish investment in infrastructure, including 100 new airports and 50 metro systems. By 2030, the BJP says, India will be the world’s third-biggest economy (it now ranks sixth).

Yet the BJP has little to say about the biggest obstacles to growth, such as the poor education of many workers, the lack of clear title to much of India’s land and the domination of the banking system by sclerotic state-owned firms. Its activists tend to focus on less practical matters, to say the least. It has long promised to build a temple to the Hindu god Rama in the city of Ayodhya, for example, on the site of a mosque demolished by Hindu zealots in 1992. This time around, for good measure, it pledged to keep women out of a big temple in the southern state of Kerala, in contravention of the Supreme Court’s orders. It also wants to revise the constitution to take away special privileges granted to India’s only Muslim-majority state, Jammu & Kashmir. One of the BJP’s likely new MPS is a woman awaiting trial for aiding a terrorist attack that killed six Muslims.

This is the ambiguity on which the BJP thrives. To the world, and to upwardly mobile voters, it presents itself as a modern, reformist party, determined to fulfil India’s potential. But it derives equal support from its claim to be a muscular champion of Hinduism, that will not flinch from putting Muslims—and their foreign embodiment, Pakistan—in their place.

In its five years in office, Mr Modi’s government did not quite live up to either identity, to the dismay of business and the relief of minorities. It did enact two urgently needed reforms, introducing a uniform national sales tax and streamlining bankruptcy proceedings. But it also appalled businessmen (and economists) by abruptly voiding most banknotes in a quixotic quest to catch tax-dodgers. By the same token, it did not build the temple at Ayodhya or preside over the sort of anti-Muslim pogrom that stained Mr Modi’s tenure as chief minister of the state of Gujarat. But it did inflame the Muslim areas of Jammu & Kashmir with brutal policing, launch risky airstrikes against Pakistan and wink at alarmingly regular beatings and lynchings of Muslims and low-caste Hindus for various perceived insults to the religion of the majority.

Mr Modi’s second term gives him another chance to hasten development and turn India into a genuine global power—goals that appeal to both his enterprising supporters and his religious ones. But to do so he will have to focus on the economy. The sectarian concerns the BJP has been stirring up during the election campaign are a harmful distraction. So far, Mr Modi has governed in perpetual campaign mode, with more emphasis on slogans than outcomes. He needs to show Indians that he is not just good at winning elections, but at putting his victories to use.

Cheers Image

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby ramana » 28 May 2019 02:10

Peregrine Article is from the Economist which till a week ago was psewing fire and brimstone on NaMo. Now they give advice.

I think India needs to secure it's near abroad just as all great powers did before venturing out.
That means all states except Pakistan.

Muslim majority is Kashmir Valley and need to liberate the other two regions from the valley tyranny.


Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12730
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Suraj » 28 May 2019 02:28


vimal
BRFite
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby vimal » 28 May 2019 02:35

I can read the text at all in the infographic above any link pls?

Peregrine
BRF Oldie
Posts: 7460
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Peregrine » 28 May 2019 02:48

ramana wrote:Peregrine Article is from the Economist which till a week ago was spewing fire and brimstone on NaMo. Now they give advice.

I think India needs to secure it's near abroad just as all great powers did before venturing out.
That means all states except Pakistan.

Muslim majority is Kashmir Valley and need to liberate the other two regions from the valley tyranny.
ramana Ji :

TATHASTU!

Cheers Image

hanumadu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4380
Joined: 11 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby hanumadu » 28 May 2019 03:00



I always thought all those secret trips to foreign lands were for face lift surgeries only. She is seriously ill, she needs health check ups is just a cover.

Congratulations to the left, they have eaten congress from the inside. Now some people in congress are realizing it.

I think Rahul is seriously worried of the slog he has to do for another five years. Already, he has had to cut down on his foreign jaunts the last couple of years. And all he gets in return is the #Pappu tag.

ShyamSP
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2286
Joined: 06 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby ShyamSP » 28 May 2019 03:04

Peregrine wrote:
ramana wrote:Peregrine Article is from the Economist which till a week ago was spewing fire and brimstone on NaMo. Now they give advice.

I think India needs to secure it's near abroad just as all great powers did before venturing out.
That means all states except Pakistan.

Muslim majority is Kashmir Valley and need to liberate the other two regions from the valley tyranny.
ramana Ji :

TATHASTU!

Cheers Image


Why is there the thinking of liberating two regions instead of liberating one region by populating with new people and bringing back original people?

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19513
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby chetak » 28 May 2019 03:11

Image

Manu
BRFite
Posts: 751
Joined: 28 May 2003 11:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Manu » 28 May 2019 04:55

Karan M wrote:After this the dogs of the G clan, ie Coupta etc will ask for Modi to have Pragya resign as an ==

Not till Nanavati commission accused is MP chief Minister...

Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4116
Joined: 07 Sep 2009 16:17

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Manish_Sharma » 28 May 2019 07:10

g.sarkar wrote:Very serious problem, not only no Narasimha type but no Jitan Ram Manjhi type either. But every politician has ambitions. It is really better to get Priynka Nehru Gandhi. But is it possible for her to divorce Badra? Badra will be the kiss of death. My brain just freezes up with the implications.
Gautam


:roll:
Yup Priyanka will be good. When she forms govt, she can finish vishkanya's half done work eg "Communal Violence Bill", creating NAC 2.0 with likes of harsh mandar, shabnam azmi...

vimal
BRFite
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby vimal » 28 May 2019 07:16

I pray to all laards to keep Pappu at the helm of opposition for a long time. He is the star campaigner for NDA not Modi or AS.

Pratyush
BRF Oldie
Posts: 8073
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 15:13

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Pratyush » 28 May 2019 07:36

raja_m wrote:Congis and Pakis have a common shared ideals - put a Dimmy in charge and remote control from Pindi/10 Janpath. Question is who is the next Maunmohan singh? We already have a Thafoor :) giving media updates!



If INC was over 150 seats. R3 would easily have accepted the MMS position. Even now he seems to be good candidate for RaGa position.

No political base. No standing anywhere. Just a big mouth.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3443
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Kashi » 28 May 2019 08:21

Pratyush wrote:If INC was over 150 seats. R3 would easily have accepted the MMS position. Even now he seems to be good candidate for RaGa position.

No political base. No standing anywhere. Just a big mouth.


Probably this is what they were counting at. A redux of 2004.

Who is R3?

raja_m
BRFite -Trainee
Posts: 20
Joined: 22 Apr 2008 09:33
Location: Bhulok

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby raja_m » 28 May 2019 08:23

Pratyush wrote:
raja_m wrote:Congis and Pakis have a common shared ideals - put a Dimmy in charge and remote control from Pindi/10 Janpath. Question is who is the next Maunmohan singh? We already have a Thafoor :) giving media updates!



If INC was over 150 seats. R3 would easily have accepted the MMS position. Even now he seems to be good candidate for RaGa position.

No political base. No standing anywhere. Just a big mouth.


Well...even with 130+ seats the plan would have been to get minority govt in place. Congis + Mahathugbandhan+ TMC ityadi types. No wonder CBN was trying to secure that place ahead of Mayawati and others. With CBN and Congis going kaput, I'm sure Ahmed Patel is looking to pull a Harkishan singh surjeet to select the next Deve Gowda as the leader! ....the only problem is people will jump up and down to lead the next success story. Alas with Congis...they need a new leader to pin down the current and next failures!

hanumadu
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4380
Joined: 11 Nov 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby hanumadu » 28 May 2019 08:42

My twitter time line has a much rapid flow of tweets after the election. During the elections, tweets were only a trickle. Now, I can't catch up with all the activity.

vimal
BRFite
Posts: 201
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby vimal » 28 May 2019 08:58

Remember the 2014 church attacks?
Now is the time for 2019 "Jai Shri Ram" shouting mobs attacking innocents eskimos.

All the recent eskimo attack is preceded by some crazy yindu shouting Jai Shri Ram.

https://twitter.com/haryannvi/status/11 ... 0103767041

First Madhya Pradesh, now Gurgaon. Looks like the mosques across the country have tutored their flock well in a new narrative - Tell media that your perpetrators said 'Jai Shri Ram'. Market mein naya propaganda aaya hai.


Meanwhile this news will never make it to any mainstream news channels:

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/mathura-m ... o-injuries

On May 18, Bharat, along with his brother, were at their lassi shop in Chowk Bazar area when an altercation ensued between the shopkeepers and a group of men who refused to pay for the lassi. The men went away only to return an hour later with a mob carrying iron rods, sticks and other weapons, and assaulted the duo brutally. All this happened in front of the police personnel posted in the area.


An FIR has been registered against Mohammad Hanif, Mohammad Shahrukh and 15 others under the relevant sections of IPC. Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Satyarth Aniruddh said that the body has been sent for post mortem, adding that the situation was under control and action will be taken on the basis of further investigations.


You've been warned!
Last edited by vimal on 28 May 2019 09:30, edited 3 times in total.

arshyam
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3334
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby arshyam » 28 May 2019 09:02

Kashi wrote:
Pratyush wrote:If INC was over 150 seats. R3 would easily have accepted the MMS position. Even now he seems to be good candidate for RaGa position.

No political base. No standing anywhere. Just a big mouth.


Probably this is what they were counting at. A redux of 2004.

Who is R3?

It's actually R2 - Raghuram Rajan.

Sagrawal
BRFite
Posts: 145
Joined: 08 Jan 2010 14:33

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Sagrawal » 28 May 2019 09:59

vimal wrote:Remember the 2014 church attacks?
Now is the time for 2019 "Jai Shri Ram" shouting mobs attacking innocents eskimos.

All the recent eskimo attack is preceded by some crazy yindu shouting Jai Shri Ram.

https://twitter.com/haryannvi/status/11 ... 0103767041

First Madhya Pradesh, now Gurgaon. Looks like the mosques across the country have tutored their flock well in a new narrative - Tell media that your perpetrators said 'Jai Shri Ram'. Market mein naya propaganda aaya hai.


Meanwhile this news will never make it to any mainstream news channels:

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/mathura-m ... o-injuries

On May 18, Bharat, along with his brother, were at their lassi shop in Chowk Bazar area when an altercation ensued between the shopkeepers and a group of men who refused to pay for the lassi. The men went away only to return an hour later with a mob carrying iron rods, sticks and other weapons, and assaulted the duo brutally. All this happened in front of the police personnel posted in the area.


An FIR has been registered against Mohammad Hanif, Mohammad Shahrukh and 15 others under the relevant sections of IPC. Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Satyarth Aniruddh said that the body has been sent for post mortem, adding that the situation was under control and action will be taken on the basis of further investigations.


You've been warned!


This Lassi shop is next to my paternal home. The sad part is all nearby shops are owned by Hindus but no one dared to interfere and pounce on attackers. There were women in the mob too.

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3542
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby abhijitm » 28 May 2019 10:00

KJo wrote:
Kashi wrote:
Yes, same with the likes of Hema Malini or Kiron Kher et al. Not sure what purpose their candidatures have served.

I noted that Kirit Somaiya was denied a ticket to appease UT. Is this how you reward loyal karyakartas?


This is not an easy question.

BJP needs to WIN. So whoever can win best must be given a ticket. One cannot give tickets based on rewarding loyalists who may not be able to win. I am sure Shah/Modi thought in this manner.

But you are right. BJP needs to have classes for MPs about conduct. They cannot shoot their mouths off on twitter.

Forget twitter, BJP needs to shut these outsiders until they complete the orientation of being a responsible MP. An MP of world's largest democracy, a top 5 powers in the world carries a weight of responsibility on his shoulder. But this man is so drunk in narcissism he can't wait to give another interview to Indian Express
"By inclusiveness, I mean a growth that takes everyone along. Like our PM, Mr Modi said, ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas and Sabka Vishwas’. How will you win the trust of everyone if they don’t feel safe? And that too just for practising one’s preferred religion. And like I also said, my views are not restricted to Gurgaon incident but it is a blanket point of view on lynchings, hatred and any kind of oppression.”

This newly elected BJP MP is indirectly confirming media that minorities are not feeling safe and he is on crusade to stop the bigotry of majority! Am I reading too much?

abhijitm
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3542
Joined: 08 Jun 2006 15:02
Contact:

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby abhijitm » 28 May 2019 10:08

I am highly impressed with Tejaswi Surya. Lambi race ka ghoda hai (has long term prospect).

Anujan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6887
Joined: 27 May 2007 03:55

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Anujan » 28 May 2019 10:31

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... o-5751407/

CWC strike rate 4/18, many last fought elections decades ago

Of the 18 Congress Working Committee (CWC) members who contested the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, only four won their seats, including party chief Rahul Gandhi who won from Wayanad but was defeated in Amethi. The other CWC members who won are Sonia Gandhi (Rae Bareli), Gaurav Gogoi (Kaliabor) and A Chellakumar (Krishnagiri).

The CWC has 55 members — party president, 25 main members, 19 permanent invitees and 10 special invitees. Of the remaining CWC members, some like Ambika Soni, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Mukul Wasnik, P C Chacko and P L Punia lost in 2014 and did not contest the polls this time. Two MPs in the last Lok Sabha — K C Venugopal and Rajiv Satav — too did not contest.

Many of the other CWC members have either never contested a Lok Sabha or Assembly election or did so decades ago when the politics, discourse and tools were very different.

For instance, senior party leader Ahmed Patel last fought an election in 1991. Motilal Vora last contested in 1999, when he lost to Raman Singh who went on to serve as Chhattisgarh chief minister. Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s last Lok Sabha election was in 1999, when he lost. And A K Antony’s last election was in 2001.

Rajani Patil last fought an election in 1996, Ram Chandra Khuntia in 1995, and G Sanjeeva Reddy, head of the trade union body INTUC, in 1969 — a year before Rahul Gandhi was born.


The rot goes deeper. Very few in CWC have contested elections in the past couple of decades.

KL Dubey
BRFite
Posts: 568
Joined: 16 Dec 2016 22:34

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby KL Dubey » 28 May 2019 10:35

Anujan wrote:https://indianexpress.com/article/india/cwc-strike-rate-4-18-many-last-fought-elections-decades-ago-5751407/

....

The rot goes deeper. Very few in CWC have contested elections in the past couple of decades.


Why disturb it ? I don't think any nationalist wants a rejuvenated INC in the next 5 years at least.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3443
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Postby Kashi » 28 May 2019 10:42

KL Dubey wrote:Why disturb it ? I don't think any nationalist wants a rejuvenated INC in the next 5 years at least.


I think the CWC members wouldn't want that because it would mean the end of their cushy-comfy situations, by forcing them to make way for leaders with grassroots appeal.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amitava, Shwetank and 56 guests