2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:
Karthik S wrote: [/b]

Any ideas how that can be accomplished ?
The only way I see right now is beyond constitutional amendments that are necessary, is:
- make high quality education available that leads to employment (opportunity for a good life is available)
- start erasing the narrative of "Hindu degeneration due to polytheism, idolatry, caste system" (erase the stigma of associating with Hindus)
- promote a meritocracy (erase fear of discrimination)
- promote rule of law (erase fear of violence)
I earnestly believed the same things once upon a time. Now I am a lot les sure.

I think the dream of conquering and subjugating the kaffir, and enjoying his wealth and women is powerful in its own right. From a certain POV, it is a positive goal worth risking everything for, and a stable, just society where equality, hard work and merit prevail would seem like a dull compromise. This drive for power and dominance was Iqbal's vision, who in turn was channeling Nietzsche.

Not at all sure this tamo-rajasic force can be contained bloodlessly by sattvic energy without calling forth the terrifying powers of the latter.
sreeji
BRFite -Trainee

Post by sreeji »

KJo wrote:Why I am apprehensive, sad and upset with formation of the new government
by Humra Quraishi
:(( :(( :((
As an Indian Muslim, I have never ever felt so suffocated and threatened, as I have been since 2014, when Modi govt came to power. I am scared and worried wondering what’s in store for the country now. the news of lynching or hounding Muslims kept the society and Muslims in particular shocked and sacred. Never before in the history of India, the Muslim population has been so very blatantly bypassed and discriminated against.
:(( :(( :((
It belittles three of the greatest builders of the Indian State- Ashoka, the Buddhist; Akbar; the Muslim ; and Nehru, a civilized Enlightened Hindu
India is now being led by an uncivilized unenlightened hindu. :((
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Ramana, what I meant was except TN there was no anti-incumbency. In KL Sabarimala superceded all other concerns. In AP CBN got toasted as the BJP/Modi votes got transferred to Jagan. In TG north is saffron, spectacular gains if you see the AE a few months back. PJ I believe some sections of SIkhs are not comfortable with Hindutva ideoolgy. Rest of India is a sweep.

Many moons back on BRF I had said that reconquista is possible when the indigenous people become conscious of it. The only thing that has worked for Islam in the subcontinent since the loss of power to the Marathas is demographics. You have to find ways to negate and reverse it through a combination of tools but it is doable. But for that we have to be prepared. At this moment we have to contain the demographics within India. The rest of India is Bdesh which has now entered a population stabilization phase. IMO, it will start requiring immigrants in a couple of decade. The remaining parts are Sindh, Seraikistan, west PJ, Gandhar and POK. Of these POK and Sindh are integratable at this moment without causing much damage to demographics. West PJ and Gandhar should wait.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

To contain demographics within India you have to make all social welfare available to only people with two or less children. Ramdev is right on this issue even though the left-lib are after him.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

KLNMurthy wrote:

I think the dream of conquering and subjugating the kaffir, and enjoying his wealth and women is powerful in its own right. From a certain POV, it is a positive goal worth risking everything for, and a stable, just society where equality, hard work and merit prevail would seem like a dull compromise. This drive for power and dominance was Iqbal's vision, who in turn was channeling Nietzsche.

Not at all sure this tamo-rajasic force can be contained bloodlessly by sattvic energy without calling forth the terrifying powers of the latter.
The permanent solution to this menace depends on what happens in other parts of the world with rising green population especially in west (europe, america and australia etc.) Till then India has to protect itself by enabling some laws like population control, UCC along with inclusive policies and bringing development fruits to aam abdul to keep them in control (difficult task though). Already there are discussions started in media (ex: on Arnob's channel on Ramdev baba comment on third child policy).

Few years back in/after 2009 GE, there was no hope on how to contain these anti-india, anti-hindoo forces, but now a lot changed and people are seeing ray of hope especially after Baalaakot episode, India may be slowly moving towards achieving a permanent solution (still looks like a dream come true wish only to me & many like me). At least the developments can be seen as first steps in that direction, and hope for the best to come out from whatever happens in next five years ( baaki Sri Ram ji ki krupa...)
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Supratik ji already mentioned about Ramdev baba POV in above post. But what is the problem and how & with what logic the BIF will counter if govt try to bring in laws for UCC & PC? I believe they will be more exposed on their evil agenda of gajwee-ee-hiind and turning india green. But it has to happen asap. If they are brought just before next GE, then they will accuse that they are divisive/polarizing tactics to win elections. I believe some of the core issue must be acted upon now itself instead of postponing in view of next election after next election. It is a never ending cycle. And more over BeeJayPee has made a promise that they will act decisively on core issues if they cross 300. Whatever is good for India, should be done with conviction and without wasting time. There won't be any right time to act than this... seriously...
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Pema Khanu, first day at office as CM.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Dharma I think what is preventing in bringing Ramdev's policy is that in states like UP< BH, JH, RJ, CG the Hindu TFR is still above 2.1 and these are vote heavy states. THis can be a political hot potato at this time. Should be done as soon as Hindu TFR reaches 2.1 in these states.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Guys, 2 child norm is not implementable.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Karthik S wrote:
Buddhist, but has a Yesu pic on the wall? Hmm.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Not 2 child norm but welfare limit to two child. You can have 50 children if you want but no freeloading on people with 2 children paying tax.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Before allowing voting, there also needs to be clear sign off on UCC, islam allows democracy and laws are not made by allah/imam/etc., that taxes aren't non islamic and would be paid, islam doesn't prevent vaccination, etc.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Karthik S wrote:Image

Khandu, not khanu.

KJ, ArP has a very large % of buddhists, he has accomodated all religions there. middle one is Donyi Polo, the original animistic faith of the non-buddhist tribes which nowadays survives with RSS support.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

KLNMurthy wrote:

Well, above cited article including this gem “...and Nehru, a civilized Enlightened Hindu..” makes the point about the prevailing narrative, which is that the great mass of Hindus are uncivilized. Who would want to associate with them? When Gandhi said, if we must separate, let us do so as brothers dividing an ancestral property, Jinnah wanted nothing to do with it, Muslims belonged to a different order of civilization. Per Nehru, Jinnah’s original falling out with Gandhi was when Gandhi threw open the doors of Congress membership to the unwashed, ill-clothed masses instead of only civilized, enlightened ones.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://www.thehindu.com/elections/lok- ... 297239.ece
Post-poll survey: the 2019 verdict is a manifestation of the deepening religious divide in India
Lokniti’s post-poll survey data clearly find that the BJP’s all-time high vote share of 37.4% has come mostly on the back of an unprecedented Hindu consolidation around the party as only a small proportion of religious minorities supported the BJP. In 2014, 36% of all Hindu voters were found to have supported the BJP. This time the number increased to 44%. The NDA got 51% votes among Hindus.
The Key finding .. busting the myth that BJP does not have support from Dalits or Adivasis or that it has lost that support during its office term.
The BJP was able to secure this enormous Hindu support on account of the backing it received from all Hindu castes and communities, including Dalits and Adivasis, when compared to 2014. Support from Dalits went up by 10 percentage points; among Adivasis, it went up by seven percentage points. In a sense, the unification of Hindu communities in the 2014 election not only persisted but strengthened further this time.
Finally ...
Some claim that religious minorities voted in large numbers for the NDA. This is not true, according to our data. The burden and responsibility of this sweeping verdict for Prime Minister Narendra Modi rests almost entirely on the majority community’s shoulders.
BUT one must remember, the votes accrued to BJP based on their delivery on the basics and NOT on hindutva especially amongst the poor, dalits and Adivasis.

A couple of terms of solid delivery will embed the entire spectrum of Hindu voters, but especially the poor, OBCs, Dalits and the Adivasis, permanently into the BJP folds and they will start buying BJP's "Idea of India" project too. Re-shaping India/Idea of India will need patience and a steady hand.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Mods remove the post if you feel it clutters the thread

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

A_Gupta wrote:
Well, above cited article including this gem “...and Nehru, a civilized Enlightened Hindu..” makes the point about the prevailing narrative, which is that the great mass of Hindus are uncivilized. Who would want to associate with them? When Gandhi said, if we must separate, let us do so as brothers dividing an ancestral property, Jinnah wanted nothing to do with it, Muslims belonged to a different order of civilization. Per Nehru, Jinnah’s original falling out with Gandhi was when Gandhi threw open the doors of Congress membership to the unwashed, ill-clothed masses instead of only civilized, enlightened ones.
I understand the context. But we should ask ourselves two questions:

1. If we Hindus become perfect people + eliminate the slander with perfect PR, would Muslim discontent disappear, for all practical purposes?

2. What other culture, in what period of history has had to meet the standard of perfection in "1" as a precondition for the possibility of ceasing hostilities against it?

I think perhaps a wolf-and-the-lamb kind of pretext-making describes "Muslim aspirations."
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Humra is a CONgoon bimbo writing in National Herald which is usurped & owned by Nehru-Maino.

There is nothing much to discuss on the above article other than concentrate on Sabka-Saath-Sabka-Vikas & ensure rule of law prevails.
Last edited by disha on 02 Jun 2019 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Rahul M wrote:
KJ, ArP has a very large % of buddhists, he has accomodated all religions there. middle one is Donyi Polo, the original animistic faith of the non-buddhist tribes which nowadays survives with RSS support.
Ah, you are right. And he has Modiji as the biggest picture of them all. :mrgreen:
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

Suraj wrote:
Rishi_Tri wrote:Greatest Mandate for sure, but Balakot played a big role in this. I would say topping up BJP / NDA tally by 50 seats.

Electricity, Gas, Bank Accounts etc. have been delivered for the poorest of the poor but puncturing of economic engine, largely due to incoherence between finance ministry and RBI (read as Urjit Patel raising interest rates when growth was not above 10% and inflation was still around 4%) has had sobering affect on populace across the nation . Last few months' inflation (around 2%) and growth numbers (now down to 5.8%) bear witness to that.

Also issues of Middle Class especially housing with millions of houses not delivered, small scale manufacturing not able to pick up because of rampant Chinese imports, lack of emergence of any non IT sector as large employer ... etc. .. has really dimmed the prospects of middle class, and a middle class that is only growing by the day. A middle class that has stood by BJP over last three decades.

Eventually - it does come down to Roti, Kapda, Makaan.. The next year or two are extremely critical.
I do not agree that growth momentum has stalled . Far too little time to make such claims. Q4 data is also affected by close to 8% growth in Q4 of the prior fiscal, in addition to pre-election wait and watch behavior .

While I agree that Balakot provided a boost, the voteshare gains are far too high and far too broad based to be due to just one emotional reason. BJP alone has close to 2x it’s long term voteshare (20%) . NDA has a higher voteshare than any elected entity except Rajiv in 1984 (2 months after IGs killing) and Nehru in 1957 amidst no challengers.

I would completely disagree with anyone claiming the mandate is because of 1-2 short term impact actions - every govt rolls out pre poll sops and yet nothing like the present happened . ABV went into 1999 on the back of Kargil and won a spectacular (not) 182 seats .

The bottom line is that too many people have benefited in their daily lives that BJP is the default national vote of governance , what INC used to be . Just winning a war or some cool sop only gets you at best SLP .

To get 2x historical long term vote share and the first ever party to return to power with an absolute mandate with an even larger seatshare and absurdly high voteshare despite historically high turnout (Yogendra Yadavs presentation shows this abnormality - historically a higher turnout is anti and not pro incumbent) means a lot more people benefited in more profound ways than just reading news about GDP or IAF missions .

If Modi fixes the universal access to water and food security by 2024, BJP will win 330-360 seats then. There’s a very good recent article on Swarajyamag describing the vote as a case of ‘we like what you did with 280 seats . Here’s some more - show us what you can do with it’. Arguably no government in Indian political history has ever gotten such vote before , or at least not in 2+ generations.
Not that knowledgeable about economic theory, but intuitively it seems to me that there is a tradeoff between "distribution" vs. "rate of growth". I mean, if you didn't care (for the moment at least) about spreading the benefits to lower strata, you could probably achieve a higher rate of growth. OTOH, when you spend billions on building toilets, gas connections, small business loans etc. and also in enforcement measures such as demonetization, and finance infrastruture changes such as GST, you are probably taking something away from investment and, also imposing a short-term overhead cost on business, all of which will reduce growth rate.

I think the carping about lowered growth rate misses the point, and comes from people who are not really serious about the fruits of growth reaching the poor immediately, versus on some "tomorrow" that never comes.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

DharmaB wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:

The permanent solution to this menace depends on what happens in other parts of the world with rising green population especially in west (europe, america and australia etc.) Till then India has to protect itself by enabling some laws like population control, UCC along with inclusive policies and bringing development fruits to aam abdul to keep them in control (difficult task though). Already there are discussions started in media (ex: on Arnob's channel on Ramdev baba comment on third child policy).

Few years back in/after 2009 GE, there was no hope on how to contain these anti-india, anti-hindoo forces, but now a lot changed and people are seeing ray of hope especially after Baalaakot episode, India may be slowly moving towards achieving a permanent solution (still looks like a dream come true wish only to me & many like me). At least the developments can be seen as first steps in that direction, and hope for the best to come out from whatever happens in next five years ( baaki Sri Ram ji ki krupa...)
I would say the lead for a solution has to come from India, for a lot of obvious reasons.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

What is Lutyens media. And, how PM Modi has demolished its ecosystem

https://www.facebook.com/IndiaUnravelle ... 351103867/
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Hindsight is always 20/20 and eminent intellectuals like him have it easy as they can swing any which way after results are declared. If raga had won then he would be spouting the wonders of ganga-jamuni tehzeeb and singing Raga rag.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

KLNMurthy wrote:
DharmaB wrote:

I would say the lead for a solution has to come from India, for a lot of obvious reasons.
If that happens by miracle, India would be proclaimed as Vishwa-Guru in true sense. But I am less optimistic about the general public and most of the polity to stand up to that challenge. The pseudo Ahimsa vaad is ruling the psyche of Indian public even at the cost of self demolition. If NaMo/Shah some how achieve this objective, they will be Chanakya/Chandragupta of this age.
DharmaB
BRFite

Post by DharmaB »

Could not get any Kashmir specific thread, but here is an interesting interview on article 370, 35A...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ZNm7-9Z9I
Atmavik
BRF Oldie

Post by Atmavik »

Rajnath Singh is making a trip to Siachen Glacier.

https://twitter.com/rajnathsingh/status ... 0903352320
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

KLNMurthy wrote:Not that knowledgeable about economic theory, but intuitively it seems to me that there is a tradeoff between "distribution" vs. "rate of growth". I mean, if you didn't care (for the moment at least) about spreading the benefits to lower strata, you could probably achieve a higher rate of growth. OTOH, when you spend billions on building toilets, gas connections, small business loans etc. and also in enforcement measures such as demonetization, and finance infrastruture changes such as GST, you are probably taking something away from investment and, also imposing a short-term overhead cost on business, all of which will reduce growth rate.

I think the carping about lowered growth rate misses the point, and comes from people who are not really serious about the fruits of growth reaching the poor immediately, versus on some "tomorrow" that never comes.
Distribution is a rather bad word to use to describe the changes at the bottom of the economic pyramid in the past five years. Most of these are fixed asset investments - roads, electricity lines to every village, gas cylinder distribution under Ujjwala, toilet building under Swacch Bharat, and the PMAY-R rural home building.

The process of building all this doesn't move the needle of GDP growth dramatically - it's outlay from government revenues being spent on all this, that would have been spent somehow. Gains are more likely to be immediately visible in HDI parameters, but will also contribute to GDP growth by priming the pump for greater economic activity, given access to roads, electricity, fuel, sanitation that frees up time and give people more potential to do more with their time.

Another factor - something I mentioned 3 weeks back, is that at least 2 of these new efforts are dealing with an issue we typically never face - SEBs are under fiscal pressure because not everyone can afford the electricity, and billing mechanisms have not been updated to handle all the new coverage areas. Similarly, Ujjwala is somewhat affected by people having to pay for cylinders upfront and get a subsidy paid back later. The situation here is unique in the sense that supply of basic public goods and utilities has now overtaken demand - with >95% coverage of most of these, there are now more people covered by basic goods and utilities than people able to pay for them. For pretty much all of India's economic history, it has been the reverse - delivery was so poor that people were always chafing at the lack of efficient delivery, which shows up as 'anti incumbency'.

In my opinion, this election was completely uncharacteristic of any past Indian election ever (highest turnout ever, effectively the highest voteshare in any competitive GE, 55-70% voteshare across approximately 20 states) because of a massive pro-incumbency sentiment driven by an enormous improvement in the quality of life at the bottom of the pyramid. It's not something the YoYas of the world notice - rather funny considering he passes himself off as a 'Lohia-ite socialist' . Lohia would probably slap him with his chappal for making such a claim - a Lohiaite socialist of all people would have noticed the gains at the bottom of the economic pyramid.

My only concern regarding this election was how well the effort would translate to votes. As it turned out, spectacularly so. Indian economic policy has often suffered from lack of transmission of reform to voteshare gains, probably because most reform measures were top down and only trickled down to the masses (this was true under ABV too - it was far too early for them to claim 'India Shining') but Modi was shrewd - he basically ignored the whole theory and focused on the bottom, right from the beginning in his 2014 inauguration and I-Day speeches.

Demonstrably, reforms that give priority towards ensuring that the bottom of the pyramid has a dignified basic lifestyle, makes it easier to translate reforms to votes . Even as late as 2014, we had 55-60% percent of rural India lacking a village road, electricity, or a place to go to pakistan. This election is an example of what the population says when someone focuses directly on improving that .
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Suraj wrote:
The situation here is unique in the sense that supply of basic public goods and utilities has now overtaken demand - with >95% coverage of most of these, there are now more people covered by basic goods and utilities than people able to pay for them. For pretty much all of India's economic history, it has been the reverse - delivery was so poor that people were always chafing at the lack of efficient delivery, which shows up as 'anti incumbency'.
Is there risk with all this ? In Pakistan theres a phenomenon of energy surplus with not enough revenue to sustain the capacity.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Pakistan’s problems are Pakistan’s self inflicted problems - circular debt trap with an external debt component .

Sure there’s a risk of NPAs due to underrecoveries, but in my opinion, enabling people living in subsistence conditions to move to lower middle class lifestyle rapidly will fix these problems quickly - something Modi is working hard towards.

Rural India is no longer comparable to sub Saharan Africa . It was until 5 years ago - more than half of rural India still lived in kachcha homes, took a sh*t in the field nearby, had no road or power, and collectively had a high microorganism load from consuming their own feces, stunting their growth and health. With the sanitation issue addressed, and water the next goal, data 15 years from now will probably show a massive spike in children’s weight/height data beginning with those born in the mid 2010s . It heralds a generation of rural India not condemned to grow up scrawny and desperately poor .
williams
BRFite

Post by williams »

Modi 1.0 govt GDP growth is purely based on Govt spending and FDI. Domestic private investment is completely messed up due to huge NPA issues, high-interest rates, and bad tax regimes. Now the govt hands were tied due to the huge mess created by UPA. So I guess the govt focused on cleaning up the past, keeping inflation low and Govt spending. Modi 2.0 will be better since most of the mess is cleaned up.

I am expecting Modi 2.0 GDP growth will be fueled by innovation and entrepreneurship at small and medium-sized enterprises. However, we still need lower interest rates and tax incentives for the private sector to grow. The agriculture sector has performed ok in spite of what the media says, but the agriculture sector cannot fuel any more GDP growth unless more investment is made on agricultural value addition. There again this higher interest rate will not cut it.

I am also expecting good education reforms focused on innovation and skill orientation. There is a horrible trend of pushing a lot of content with not enough time for kids to think and innovate.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vimal wrote:Hindsight is always 20/20 and eminent intellectuals like him have it easy as they can swing any which way after results are declared. If raga had won then he would be spouting the wonders of ganga-jamuni tehzeeb and singing Raga rag.
if this guy is an eminent intellectual, then so is my German Shepherd. This guy is merely a hustler who can smell a rupee from miles away.

he is simply and practically rejigging his stance to cater to the changing environment for the next 5 years and he was not one of those who anticipated Modi's return, not by a long shot.

Most guys like him, the krantikari patrakars, have all taken this simple precaution of toning down their rhetoric so that they may be able to survive under the new dispensation, especially with AS looming large on the horizon and his all-pervading and unforgiving persona set to steamroller the pipsqueak presstitutes.

The days of the benign and affable Rajnath Singh are well and truly over and the family retainers are coming to grips with the new reality thrust so rudely upon them.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^ I think I was saying the same thing without wasting a lot of words.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

Supratik wrote:PJ I believe some sections of SIkhs are not comfortable with Hindutva ideoolgy. Rest of India is a sweep.
In PJ, it is Hindus who vote for Congress.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Received on E-Mail. From 5forty3 Datalabs.
Dear Sir/Madam,

At the outset, let me once again thank you for reposing faith in our work by being a subscriber to our election analysis. Without your subscription, covering the 2019 election with such depth and spread across India would have been nearly impossible. It is because of your faith that we were able to once again prove that political and electoral analysis in India can be done with total data clarity without the support of any of the big media houses of Delhi who all have their own agendas to fulfil.

In fact, the sheer accuracy of 5Forty3 Datalabs in predicting the 2019 elections far outmatched any of the big media houses of Delhi or elsewhere. Our predictive algorithms had given BJP alone 36% vote-share (decimal points rounded off) and 304 MP seats while the actual results were 37% vote-share and 303 MP seats respectively. For the NDA, on the whole, our predictive algorithms had allocated 46% vote-share and 364 MP seats, while the actual results stood at 45% and 354 MPs respectively.

Furthermore, our polling booth-level trackers had projected nearly 28 Crore votes for NDA – 27 Crore 78 lakhs to be precise – while the actual results showed that NDA accrued 27.52 Crore votes. No organization anywhere else in the world can claim to have such deadly levels of accuracy of nearly 99.6% with such precision at the polling booth level in such a complex and diverse country as India.

At the very least, for over two months of the 2019 election season, backed by solid ground data, we were able to alter the narrative of “Balakot” being the sole reason for Modi’s return to power, so much so that even the Lutyens’ intelligentsia is now accepting that Modi won because of his performance as a Prime Minister. In victory or in defeat, it is very important to analyze and understand the correct underlying reasons for the political future of India, or else, an entire generation will be fed lies and falsehood which will then become accepted political wisdom.

For instance, Advani Ji’s ‘India Shining’ campaign & 2002 Gujarat riots are squarely blamed for the NDA’s defeat in 2004, while the reality was that 2 successive years of the second worst drought in independent India’s history was the primary reason for Vajpayee managing to barely lose 2004 by a mere 9 MP seats. Had a platform like 5Forty3 existed in 2004, at the bare minimum, the right causes would have been put forth for a reasonable political analysis and future course corrections.

Our stupendous accuracy during 2019 elections is testimony to the path-breaking statistical models and predictive algorithms that we have built over the years to understand India’s pulse. Yet, for all our algorithms to work, we need accurate real-time data feeds from the ground. We at 5Forty3 Datalabs have built a strong ground presence with local teams of fieldworkers in nearly 400 districts of India which enabled us to get extremely cost effective response rates. While the industry average is about 250-300 rupees per response, we achieved a mind boggling 58 rupees per response in the 2019 election season with zero compromise on data integrity!

In the end, our data servers have datasets from 97500 respondents spread across India which enabled us to get nearly 100% accuracy in our electoral projections. The total cost of this exercise was a huge 61 lakh rupees, while the total number of subscribers we got were 2329 which gave us roughly 23 lakh rupees. We also pre-sold our research to market clients and we were able to realize another 26 lakh rupees. In the end, we are left with a big budget deficit of nearly 12 lakh rupees.

I do accept responsibility for the failure to realize the funding for the 2019 elections. Maybe we should never have attempted such a gigantic exercise, but we just wanted to prove once and for all to the whole world about how accurate our statistical modelling is. It was deeply painful to see people accusing us of being a fraud, for it invalidates a decade long struggle to build a platform like 5Forty3 at the cost of sweat and blood. 5Forty3 has been accurate in 26 of 28 elections that have been projected in the last 7 years – the only real failure being the Chhattisgarh assembly election of 2018.

Just imagine, if a platform like 5Forty3 Datalabs existed on the other side of the political divide, it would have been hailed as the greatest innovation since sliced bread. Being in the RW-Nationalist-Hindu ecosystem is detrimental for the growth of an intellectual platform because the left-liberal elite control all the access doors. If you have faith in our work, maybe you can support us by being an angel.
Click Here for Angel Support
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bhell ... The more time goes by the more Behenji starts to look like a RSS ajint.

https://twitter.com/BTVI/status/1135467182563909633
BTVI Live Verified account @BTVI

Just In: Post Loss In Uttar Pradesh, Samajwadi Party & BSP Part Ways

@Mayawati Tells Her Party MPs That Now BSP Would Go Solo In The State Of Uttar Pradesh
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... k-5762358/
Ajit Doval reappointed as NSA for five years, given cabinet rank
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

KLNMurthy wrote:
A_Gupta wrote:
I understand the context. But we should ask ourselves two questions:

1. If we Hindus become perfect people + eliminate the slander with perfect PR, would Muslim discontent disappear, for all practical purposes?

2. What other culture, in what period of history has had to meet the standard of perfection in "1" as a precondition for the possibility of ceasing hostilities against it?

I think perhaps a wolf-and-the-lamb kind of pretext-making describes "Muslim aspirations."
Not that “Hindus must become perfect”. Never said that, never implied that. The narrative about Hindus has to be changed.

Look at it this way. The US Constitution has permitted slavery, segregation, extermination of American native peoples, suppression of women’s rights, first human use of WMD, and so on, but never meets the vituperation Hinduism does. Is it because of of some alleged perfection or is it because of the narrative that has been built up around it?
RohitH
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RohitH »

williams wrote: I am also expecting good education reforms focused on innovation and skill orientation. There is a horrible trend of pushing a lot of content with not enough time for kids to think and innovate.
True. Education needs to be democratized.
Both central and state governments should stop prescribing who can learn what and when. For example : Create a national roster of languages and share information on rich literature and linguistic history of every indian language and career opportunities that can be leveraged. All languages can be truly fascinating to learn for anyone irrespective of where he/she is born.
As a side effect this will blow away all the language politics and prevent people from living in language ghettos and become vote banks for any political party.

Link learning of every small subject with a long term career option and break the silos of arts/commerce/science. This will kill all the coaching institute industry that poor can’t afford.

Let there be students who are expert linguists in vernacular languages and native literature and also be good computer programmers. Let there be students as biology majors with strong skills in statistics to analyze medical and population data.

Innovation and skill orientation is killed by schools , colleges and certification boards with strict degree and certificate requirements. We ( all over world, not just in india ) need a flexible approach driven by individual interests rather than institution’s requirements.

Lot of people must have heard how a chance attendance in calligraphy class inspired Steve Jobs to design the english language fonts used in desktop applications. No school or college board will be able to think of such possibilities.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

rohithome wrote:
williams wrote: I am also expecting good education reforms focused on innovation and skill orientation. There is a horrible trend of pushing a lot of content with not enough time for kids to think and innovate.
True. Education needs to be democratized.
Both central and state governments should stop prescribing who can learn what and when. For example : Create a national roster of languages and share information on rich literature and linguistic history of every indian language and career opportunities that can be leveraged. All languages can be truly fascinating to learn for anyone irrespective of where he/she is born.
As a side effect this will blow away all the language politics and prevent people from living in language ghettos and become vote banks for any political party.

Link learning of every small subject with a long term career option and break the silos of arts/commerce/science. This will kill all the coaching institute industry that poor can’t afford.

Let there be students who are expert linguists in vernacular languages and native literature and also be good computer programmers. Let there be students as biology majors with strong skills in statistics to analyze medical and population data.

Innovation and skill orientation is killed by schools , colleges and certification boards with strict degree and certificate requirements. We ( all over world, not just in india ) need a flexible approach driven by individual interests rather than institution’s requirements.

Lot of people must have heard how a chance attendance in calligraphy class inspired Steve Jobs to design the english language fonts used in desktop applications. No school or college board will be able to think of such possibilities.
all this is later.

First of all, let education be truly democratized so that the unfair advantage afforded to the "minorities" is neutralized forthwith. They literally rule this field and the Hindus who form the bulk of the fees paying population have no say in how educational matters are run and are consequently treated like cattle.

let the minorities run their schools and let the Hindus run their schools, both on an equal footing with regards to access/no access to state funds.

this morally dishonest, and ethically deceitful segregation has/is been done very slyly and consciously and embedded into the constitution so that no truthful history of the Hindus is taught to the Hindus or can be taught to the Hindus in these deracinated schools or even in the schools run by the govt.

It is high time that this morally dishonest, and ethically deceitful mould is broken and the Hindus are allowed to educate their community truthfully and without any unprincipled colonial biases being enforced.

They should all know what happened to their ancestors and who played a huge part in their oppression that is being continued to this very day.

The fees that the Hindus pay in these deracinated minority run schools is very much akin to jizya.

This fraud is being done for the past several decades so that possibility of Hindu consolidation is curtailed, a phenomenon that is so abjectly feared by these once unscrupulous and exploitatively oppressive minorities whose dishonourable and rabid writ ran uncontrolled over a docile Hindu populace.

allow the minorities to keep whatever privileges that have so amorally managed to garner over the decades but at the same time, allow the Hindus the very same rights and privileges as these "minorities".

That should level the playing field, at the very least.