2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Karthik S »

Should we hear once more Main Narendra Damodardas Modi in 2024 again, we'll end that 5 year term in 2029 as P3 in both Military and Economy.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

srin wrote:I wonder who will be speaker ?
I prefer MG.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Vamsee wrote:
Supratik wrote:Who will be President? Suni Deodhar or HBS?
Saw somewhere that BJP President need to be a member for at least 15 years. So that probably rules out HBS.
It is tough to imagine AS completely getting out of BJP President responsibilities. Chances are some mild mannered person ends up as BJP president with AS effectively influencing the policies. Anybody taking on WB or KL without heavy handed policy of AS would be a disaster for 2024.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Learned just now that S Jaishankar is son of K Subramaniyam garu.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Karthik S wrote:
I prefer MG.
I think MG is the speaker for now.
Imagine her telling Sonia or Pappu "tum chup raho. Modiji ko bolne do". :rotfl:
:(( :((
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Vamsee wrote:Learned just now that S Jaishankar is son of K Subramaniyam garu.
I thought it was a common knowledge in BRF.

Jaishankar is one of the highest flying hawk among our hawks.

Also, he knows the nuclear and other treaties as the back of his palm.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

KJo wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
I prefer MG.
I think MG is the speaker for now.
Imagine her telling Sonia or Pappu "tum chup raho. Modiji ko bolne do". :rotfl:
:(( :((

MG is one of the two contenders of being protem speaker; in which case she will administer the oath for Rajmata as an MP :twisted:
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

JP Nadda or Bhupendra Yadav's name are being circulated
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Interesting. Appearances can be deceptive.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

S S Ahaluwalia is one of the contenders.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

Haven't heard of Yadav and Nadda looks non-chanakyan.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Picklu wrote:
JP Nadda or Bhupendra Yadav's name are being circulated
This came out yesterday. Madeit look like a sure thing.

https://www.businesstoday.in/current/ec ... 51836.html
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

Disappointed to see Prabhu booted out. He was one of the finest ministers.

Good to see Maneka sidelined.
Picklu
BRF Oldie

Post by Picklu »

Supratik wrote:Haven't heard of Yadav and Nadda looks non-chanakyan.
Nadda worked with Shah on UP. Yadav worked with Shah on Karnataka.

Nadda follows Shah whereas Yadav is more like his own man.

We may see one of them elevated as president while the other works in South India as independent charge.

Deodhar, HBS as well as Kailash V will work more closely on all the upcoming AEs
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

A few days ago, Modi mentioned (can't find the article) that his goal for 2019 was to fix the problems of decades of lack of delivery of basic goods and services to the poor. But then mentioned that his goal for 2024 was a different one - to establish India's long term position in the world. In effect, Modi-1 was the Jiang Zemin era, fixing the past (Zemin's era was characterized by huge internal issues related to reorienting from a statist economy with lots of loss making PSUs and high unemployment as a result). Modi-2 is the Hu Jintao era, building the future - invest massively in infrastructure, defence, technology, and more.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

JayS wrote:Disappointed to see Prabhu booted out. He was one of the finest ministers.

This was Uddhav putting his foot down, he had learnt of it 3 days ago. Apparently, NaMo has plans for him elsewhere in the not too distant future.
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

JayS wrote:Disappointed to see Prabhu booted out. He was one of the finest ministers.
There are several names that are not being mentioned. I suspect that Modi-AmitShah combine expect several state Govts to fall and BJP Govt coming there. All of these folks are required to stabilize state Govt. Perhaps.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

mmasand wrote:

This was Uddhav putting his foot down, he had learnt of it 3 days ago. Apparently, NaMo has plans for him elsewhere in the not too distant future.
didn't get you. prabhu has long left SS for BJP.
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Rahul M wrote:
mmasand wrote:
didn't get you. prabhu has long left SS for BJP.
Uddhav held a grudge against Prabhu for deserting the SS when they asked him to resign. Uddhav didn't want defections within the alliance to be encouraged, particularly in MH.
aylamrin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aylamrin »

Picklu wrote:
Supratik wrote:Haven't heard of Yadav and Nadda looks non-chanakyan.
Deodhar, HBS as well as Kailash V will work more closely on all the upcoming AEs
Can we have all three of them in WB?
JayS
Forum Moderator

Post by JayS »

mmasand wrote:
Rahul M wrote: didn't get you. prabhu has long left SS for BJP.
Uddhav held a grudge against Prabhu for deserting the SS when they asked him to resign. Uddhav didn't want defections within the alliance to be encouraged, particularly in MH.
That is just too sad if true. We cannot waste a good minister for some petty politics by UT. BJP should have shown him middle finger. Especially after all the drama he did in last 2yrs, UT deserves to be treated like a roadside dog.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Suresh Prabhu will probably be brought back in through the backdoor after UT has been handled appropriately. When SP resigned in the wake of the rail accidents, Modi refused to accept the resignation and instead reassigned him to CivAv. It's simply a matter of temporary political needs. If a full NDA + some outside support is needed for any constitutional amendment or joint parliament sittings in the near future, it is prudent to keep the Sena quiet and happy until then. SP isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Cabinet ministers (green), Mos(Pink), Independent(Blue) BY STATE
(graphic via brfite 'S')
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

There were 70 ministers in the previous term. Now its only 57. It will be expanded at a later date.
2014 started with a cabinet of 47 ministers. This time too it will be expanded to 70 or more.
Dumal
BRFite

Post by Dumal »

I wonder, given the huge speculation from all the channels for AS to be given finance, if it is all based on deliberately planted false information . If he were to be assigned HRD/education I’d think that will be a shock for a lot of the Lutyens gang.

THat can then mean Rajnath, Gadkari and NS retain their current roles.
Raghunathgb
BRFite

Post by Raghunathgb »

chanakyaa wrote:
Vamsee wrote:
Saw somewhere that BJP President need to be a member for at least 15 years. So that probably rules out HBS.
It is tough to imagine AS completely getting out of BJP President responsibilities. Chances are some mild mannered person ends up as BJP president with AS effectively influencing the policies. Anybody taking on WB or KL without heavy handed policy of AS would be a disaster for 2024.
Only guy I see who can replace Amit Shah effectively is Himant biswas Sharma. He has proved himself in resurrecting party in North East. I hope he is given good responsibility.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Both in 2014 and 2019, the media had essentially ZERO access to the cabinet formation plans. The Modi administration runs a very tight ship in this regard, and external influence into the process is non existent. Please don't quote speculation because that's all it is - baseless speculation.

Turdesai has a passive aggressive post on Twitter complaining about complete blockade of the press from the cabinet planning discussions.

The information will be known when it is officially specified. Please don't contribute to speculation.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Picklu wrote:Maneka Gandhi and Suresh Prabhu are not there as well.

I think the facilitation of the Gaw-Rakshaks went against Jayant. NaMo doesn't want someone too confrontational in your face in administration, the same reason he shifted SI from HRD. He prefers someone who will quietly do the work under radar.
Rumors are the Maneka will be speaker. Which makes sense. She has the Gandhi imperious manner about her, which is needed for running the house smoothly.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Rudradev wrote:One more "result" of 2019 General Election...

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/robert-va ... -treatment
During a hearing before a special CBI court in Delhi today ( 29 May), Robert Vadra claimed that he needed to fly to London for diagnosis and treatment after having developed a tumour in his large intestine, reports India Today. :cry: :(( :mrgreen:

..."
Thats the Italian term for the condition called 'G*** phat ree' .
Rishi_Tri
BRFite

Post by Rishi_Tri »

This is in order of swearing in and may reflect accorded seniority. Spelling may be off for few as I picked while swearing in was on:

PM – Narendra Damodardas Modi

Cabinet Ministers:
1. Rajnath Singh
2. Amit Anilchandra Shah
3. Nitin Jayaram Gadkari
4. D V Sadanand Gowda
5. Nirmala Sitharaman
6. Ram Vilas Paswan - LJP
7. Narendra Singh Tomar
8. Ravi Shankar Prasad
9. Harsimrat Kaur Badal – Akali Dal
10. Thawar Chand Gehlot
11. Dr Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
12. Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
13. Arjun Munda
14. Smriti Zubin Irani
15. Dr Harsh Vardhan
16. Prakash Keshav Javadekar
17. Piyush Vedprakash Goyal
18. Dharmendra Pradhan
19. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
20. Prahlad Venkatesh Joshi
21. Mahendra Nath Pandey
22. Dr Arvind Ganpat Sawant – Shiv Sena
23. Giriraj Singh
24. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat

Minister of State – Independent Charge
25. Santosh Kumar Gangwar
26. Rao Inderjit Singh
27. Shripad Yesso Naik
28. Dr Jitendra Singh
29. Kiren Rijiju
30. Prahlad Singh Balram Singh Patel
31. Raj Kumar Singh
32. Hardeep Singh Puri
33. Mansukh Laxman Mandaviya

Minister of State –
34. Faggan Singh Kulaste
35. Ashwini Kumar Choubey
36. Arjun Ram Meghwal
37. General VK Singh
38. Krishna Pal Gurjar
39. Raosaheb Dadarao Patil Danve
40. Gangapuram Kishen Reddy
41. Parshottam Gadabhai Rupalal
42. Ramdas Athawale
43. Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
44. Babul Supriyo
45. Dr Sanjeev Kumar Balyan
46. Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao
47. Anurag Singh Thakur
48. Suresh Chandrabasappa Angadi
49. Nityanand Rai
50. Rattan Lal Kataria
51. V Muraleedharan
52. Renuka Singh Saruta
53. Som Prakash
54. Rameshwar Teli
55. Pratap Chandra Sarangi
56. Kailash Choudhary
57. Debasree Chaudhuri
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

I think it is, in general, a good thing if state-level leaders are regularly rotated to central ministries and vice versa.

States need to see a new face of leadership from time to time, even if administration has overall been good; this is particularly true of states that have had multi-term incumbent BJP governments, e.g. MP and CG up to last year.

Correspondingly, loyal and effective CMs who lose their seats to anti-incumbency should be given a turn at bringing their administrative skills to central ministries. It would have been good to see Dr. Raman Singh and Shivraj Chauhan get cabinet berths (though perhaps this was considered and rejected either by them or by BJP HQ, for reasons of which I'm not aware). Manohar Parrikar was actually a case in point.

More importantly than that, it is vital that state-level leaders who have proved themselves through achievement and performance be groomed for central roles. They should have experience of the view from North/South Block, and the myriad complexities of running a vast republic. Modi isn't going to be around forever, and the best training a former CM (or other promising state-level leader) could receive for future national leadership is to serve in his cabinet.

Overall this will avoid the "Satrap" problem of the Congis. The INC sequestered central power completely to within the ambit of La Famiglia and its coterie (PVNR being the sole exception post-Indira). For its large pan-national voteshare, however, it relied on state-level strongmen whose access to central power became more and more limited after Rajiv. Ultimately this led to a fracturing of the INC when regional Satraps decided to go it alone: particularly in the 1989-2004 period, you had Tamil Manila Congress, Karnataka Congress Party, NCP, TMC, YSRCP, and myriad other splinter groups forming. The reason they splintered was the perception that the INC was fundamentally an unfair institution: we work and slave here in the provinces to maintain our edge in leadership, the votes we bring to LS elections accrue to our regional popularity, and in the end La Famiglia and its chosen flunkies reap the benefits in New Delhi.

This sort of sentiment should never emerge within the BJP. But I'm sure NaMo and Amit Shah already know that :)
Last edited by Rudradev on 31 May 2019 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dumal wrote:I wonder, given the huge speculation from all the channels for AS to be given finance, if it is all based on deliberately planted false information . If he were to be assigned HRD/education I’d think that will be a shock for a lot of the Lutyens gang.

THat can then mean Rajnath, Gadkari and NS retain their current roles.

Being on BRF has responsibility. Think bigger.
There is need for a heavy weight in FM after Jaitley.
Not just a budget spreadsheet tinkerer.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RD, Are you happy now?

Last we talked you were very worried about the outcome of 2019 elections?
BTW you were honest!!!
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Ramana garu, I was so happy that (as per a promise I made on our WhatsApp group, should BJP cross 300 on its own)... I treated all the attendees to a round of beer at our May 25th NJ Jirga!!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Wonderful.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

aylamrin wrote:
Picklu wrote:
Can we have all three of them in WB?

Please do visit the Bengal thread.
Its over for Jihadidi except for the final defeat.

The BJP campaign in Bengal was a real world example of Operational Art executed in political style.

I thought OA is only for military attack.
I learnt some thing new from how it was executed by BJP in Bengal.
My sadness is we didn't get a whiff on this forum due to usual thumbing our noses.

Amit Shah did it with left hand.
Vamsee
BRFite

Post by Vamsee »

Amit Shah is Finance Minister.
Nirmala Sitaraman ji keeps Defence.
Rajnath Singh ji keeps Home Ministry.
S Jaishankar is the new Foreign Minister.

This is the CCS team for next 5 years.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

If ticket of a long standing BJP leader and the sitting MP Kirit Somayya was cut off to please Uddhav, Prabhu, a SS turncoat is a minnow as compared to him. He was propped up to spite Uddhav last time because they had broken their long standing alliance. Now prabhu's political career is all but finished and so too Somayya's. BJP can't afford to displease Uddhav more so now that they have decided to fight state elections together.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Raghunathgb wrote:
chanakyaa wrote: It is tough to imagine AS completely getting out of BJP President responsibilities. Chances are some mild mannered person ends up as BJP president with AS effectively influencing the policies. Anybody taking on WB or KL without heavy handed policy of AS would be a disaster for 2024.
Only guy I see who can replace Amit Shah effectively is Himant biswas Sharma. He has proved himself in resurrecting party in North East. I hope he is given good responsibility.
not being from sangh parivar HBS wont have the nation-wide network and personal equations AS has build up over the years. BJP president has to be a long term BJP/RSS man, he can't be paradropped.

HBS was successful in NE because of similar reasons, he knew most of the main players personally.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

Could someone please help. I am trying to trace the name of the individual who resigned from Congress about 2 years ago whilst he was in charge of election strategy. To help jog ones memory, he has said in his resignation note that Congress was being perceived as anti national, pro separatist pro naxalite .......etc.and consequently had no hope of winning an election.

Thanks in advance.