2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
ashbhee
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by ashbhee »

IndraD wrote:Jaitley sir has retired for health reasons, he will be sorely missed! Su Swamy hoping for a ministry
We need to create a new Ministry "Send Gandhis to Jail" and make Swamy ji its Minster. Give him all the resources he needs and leave him alone.
Jokes aside, Swamy Ji will make a great HRD minster. We need throw out all the false history in our text books and teach real Indian history.

Someone needs to cleanup JNU.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

list of ministers
Amit Shah Fin Min
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Suswamy will never be finance minister in bjp govt after what has happened between him & Atalji.

JJ brought down bjp govt in 99 because she wanted suswamy in finance ministry. NM & AS have long memories
Last edited by amdavadi on 31 May 2019 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

ramana wrote:
Dumal wrote:I wonder, given the huge speculation from all the channels for AS to be given finance, if it is all based on deliberately planted false information . If he were to be assigned HRD/education I’d think that will be a shock for a lot of the Lutyens gang.

THat can then mean Rajnath, Gadkari and NS retain their current roles.

Being on BRF has responsibility. Think bigger.
There is need for a heavy weight in FM after Jaitley.
Not just a budget spreadsheet tinkerer.
Who does Income tax and ED report to?
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

su swamy is no where in the list not even MoS if correct
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

sudeepj wrote:Who does Income tax and ED report to?
Fin Min ..both
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Picklu wrote:
KJo wrote:
I think MG is the speaker for now.
Imagine her telling Sonia or Pappu "tum chup raho. Modiji ko bolne do". :rotfl:
:(( :((

MG is one of the two contenders of being protem speaker; in which case she will administer the oath for Rajmata as an MP :twisted:
The knife.. it twists!! :rotfl:
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

That list has been doing the rounds of SM for about an hour doesn't look authentic else MSM would have picked up the story by now.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

Post by Peregrine »

Sorry Wrong Post

Cheers Image
Last edited by Peregrine on 31 May 2019 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

this is dated 2017
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

According to Jaitley's own letter, he is almost off all medicines. I think he will recover to his previous self and take active part in the government again within the year.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Picklu wrote:With Jaishankar on board, I think the deck is being cleared to take back PoK.

One thing that NaMo and Shah has shown is that they don't skimp in setting up audacious goal.

Most probably they are laughing at us injuns discussing mere 370 and 35A

As NaMo ministers said, there won't be change in constitution (the border itself will change) :)
One thing that Government should now is to pass a bill in Parliament asking Election Commission to

1. Have elections on the 24 reserved assembly seats of POK.
or if not possible
2. Let Parliament appoint these 24 MLAs from the people who have migrated from these areas in J&K assembly.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:I am ok with some core issues being given non core treatment, for a while at least as long as majority gets freedom to breathe and is not criminalized as was the intent with Communal Violence Bill. That requires BJP to be in power for at least 4-5 terms while incrementally the publics mood changes and the left's Hinduphobia is made irrelevant and all these changes happen as "ideas whose time had come". BRF/Internet RW are minority. Vast majority of middle class IMHO remain clueless about these topics, in fact get scared of ppl aggressively pushing for change. They will need time too, to wake up from 70 yrs of leftist kool-aid.
Interesting POV, you think it'll happen?.. Such a change in public perception? Or would the newer middle class simply become just as lethargic about these core issues too?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Don't understand how shah or jaitley can have any understanding of the complex world of economics? Are these ministers just placeholders and RBI director gets everything else done? Frankly thought that shah would be most needed during upcoming state elections.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

Cain Marko wrote:Don't understand how shah or jaitley can have any understanding of the complex world of economics? Are these ministers just placeholders and RBI director gets everything else done?
They are the elected (or soon-to-be elected) MPs who are designated as decision makers. Their decisions are informed by advice from various domain experts.

Unlike in a Presidential system wherein only the Prez is elected and can appoint non-elected domain experts directly to lead various departments.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

IndraD wrote:
sudeepj wrote:Who does Income tax and ED report to?
Fin Min ..both
Amit Shah in charge of ED is going to send a shiver down the spine of every douche bag in dilli. Home ministry is not that important against white collar criminals.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Also, Amitbhai used to be a stock broker, so he is no mug in matters of business and finance.
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

IndraD wrote:su swamy is no where in the list not even MoS if correct
Shri Swamy, not exactly a Spring Chicken anymore, can be appointed as Special Advisor to Ministry of Finance, A Cabinet Rank. Easy to control and also make full use of his knowledge of Economics, which is vast and impressive (taxation being his pet subject). Execution can be left to Fin Minister.

I still Think Amit Shah taking Oath will distract him from BJP Election Duty, there is truly no one who can compare to him in this regard...
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

By the way, as if on cue, Nitishwa withdrew from joining the government.

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/pe ... 65469.html
Patna: Peeved at being allocated only one cabinet berth, Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar-led Janata Dal-United (JD-U) has decided to opt out of the Narendra Modi government.

“The offer made by the BJP was not acceptable to us. But we are firmly with the National Democratic Alliance. But we will not join the government,” Kumar said.
With allies like these... :roll:
Manu
BRFite

Post by Manu »

If we leave out too many malcontent folks, there will be a ever increasing list of enemies to fend off...

https://twitter.com/Swamy39/status/1134049051899392000
raja_m
BRFite -Trainee

Post by raja_m »

Meanwhile.... Congress in full downhill skiing mode....

Congress decides to go off airwaves for a month

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst

It is common opinion in the party that its spokespersons are called to debates only to be handed out a thrashing by the organisers :rotfl: . Also, the nature of subjects picked for discussions are polarizing political issues which, either way, end up helping the BJP. :(( :((
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

I am putting my 2 Naya Paisa on AS as HM.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

amdavadi wrote:I am putting my 2 Naya Paisa on AS as HM.
Khadi ninda actually did a decent job as HM, no? I think he will continue to be HM unless he opts out.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Picklu wrote:With Jaishankar on board, I think the deck is being cleared to take back PoK.

One thing that NaMo and Shah has shown is that they don't skimp in setting up audacious goal.

Most probably they are laughing at us injuns discussing mere 370 and 35A

As NaMo ministers said, there won't be change in constitution (the border itself will change) :)
I'd predicted on 24th May that S. Jaishankar will find a spot in Modi Cabinet. He worked very well with Modi as India's Ambassador to US (getting Obama to India for R-Day) and Modi later elevated him over other more senior IFS officers as Foreign Secy. Everyone knows no matter the EAM, the PM is usually the real EAM. There's no better fit than S. Jaishankar who understands Modi, works diligently, and is happy to let Modi earn the credit.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7719&p=2356869#p2356869
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

amdavadi wrote:Suswamy will never be finance minister in bjp govt after what has happened between him & Atalji.

JJ brought down bjp govt in 99 because she wanted suswamy in finance ministry. NM & AS have long memories

So do I.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

KL Dubey wrote:
Cain Marko wrote:Don't understand how shah or jaitley can have any understanding of the complex world of economics? Are these ministers just placeholders and RBI director gets everything else done?
They are the elected (or soon-to-be elected) MPs who are designated as decision makers. Their decisions are informed by advice from various domain experts.

Unlike in a Presidential system wherein only the Prez is elected and can appoint non-elected domain experts directly to lead various departments.
nice way to put it clearly.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

With respect to who gets which berth, following article from Swarajya helps understand what to watch for...

Modi’s Cabinet: The Other Names Are Not Quite Important This Time Around
The Real Deliverers

Two central sector schemes that have delivered rural India to Modi are that of provision of toilets and that of rural housing. One can run a quick quiz on who were the ministers of these departments. The delivery was instead achieved by Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary, Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, and Amarjeet Sinha, Secretary, Ministry of Rural Development. The only exception to this pattern is the success of Namami Gange, led from the front by minister Nitin Gadkari.

The positions to watch out for, therefore, are those of secretaries. The appointments will tell plenty about how significantly they figure in Modi’s plans for this government.
To quite an extent, this is something which had become the norm in the states run by powerful chief ministers. It will now be institutionalised in the Centre too.

Over the next few days, as the list of secretaries is reshuffled, investors and analysts should fix their attention there. Each of those officers will be those who will have been groomed by the Prime Minister for the role they shall play now, unlike their nominal political bosses. Their talent and their ability to run a vast team which is what any Government of India ministry is, will be available on the desk of PM Modi.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Article was written in a cubicle and with lot of imagination.

Essentially he is saying that its the bureaucrats who will deliver and the ministers are potted plants?
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

ramana wrote:
amdavadi wrote:Suswamy will never be finance minister in bjp govt after what has happened between him & Atalji.

So do I.
Ramana sirji,

Suswamy hosted famous tea party for an Italian & JJ. If I remember correctly, he also called Atalji a womanizer drunkard, bachelor but not bramachari. No way suswamy will get ministerial post
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

He is currently close to 80 years old. Already over the 75 years limit.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

I am more interested in who gets HRD. PJ was proud that he didn't change even a single word in syllabus. We need to stop rearing deracinated young citizens.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

chanakyaa wrote:
srin wrote:No Suresh Prabhu or Rajyavardhan Rathore or Gen VK Singhor Jayant Sinha

Updated after below post.
Out of curiosity, did Jayant Sinha fall out of favor because of his own doing or foul mouth Y Sinha, or perhaps perception on too much western soft corner (20+ year residence in khan land)?
He was throwing tantrums even in beginning of Shri Parrikar's time iirc it was regarding Berretta rifle selected for army... then he was quietly moved to other ministry...
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Karthik S wrote:I am more interested in who gets HRD. PJ was proud that he didn't change even a single word in syllabus. We need to stop rearing deracinated young citizens.
I don't foresee that policy changing anytime soon given that PJ has been sworn in the new cabinet. To be fair, I believe it's not entirely PJ's call, it's as Karan M pointed out, another of the "core issues" that have been consigned to the backburner, while PM focusses on his "core" issues.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Kashi wrote:
Karthik S wrote:I am more interested in who gets HRD. PJ was proud that he didn't change even a single word in syllabus. We need to stop rearing deracinated young citizens.
I don't foresee that policy changing anytime soon given that PJ has been sworn in the new cabinet. To be fair, I believe it's not entirely PJ's call, it's as Karan M pointed out, another of the "core issues" that have been consigned to the backburner, while PM focusses on his "core" issues.
These are not core issues, I understand certain symbolic cases such as RJB etc can be delayed, as more people come out of their nehruvian world view, they'll realize what such things mean. But certain issues such as HRD, FCRA etc are more about ensuring we don't end up with uphill task of correcting the consequences once economic development has reached certain point. There is no need for these things to wait till certain economic goals are reached.
Shaktimaan
BRFite

Post by Shaktimaan »

Twitter rumors indicate that Congress and NCP may merge into a single party. This will give them a total of 57 MPs and so they can claim the Leader of Opposition post, which requires a party to have at least 10% strength of the Lok Sabha ie 55 seats.

If this rumor comes true, will Mananiya Shri Sharadchandraji Pawar Saheb become Congress President?
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Is there a way to prevent a post poll merger, given that voters obviously voted for separate entities?
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

Us the LS majority to stymie this move, it's clearly an opportunistic move if it happens, no harm in stopping that. Isn't there anything in the anti-defection law, given that this is sort of a defection (NCP -> INC)?
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Ardeshir wrote:Is there a way to prevent a post poll merger, given that voters obviously voted for separate entities?
Technically, no grounds to do that. Voters may have voted for separate entities, but they have empowered their representatives and those representatives can act as they wish as long as it's within law and constitutional norms. Political merger does not violate any of those. Not sure how they are viewed under the anti-defection law.

I am thinking how would NCP benefit from merging back into the parent party, Pawar would lose much of the leverage he enjoys as the head of a strong regional outfit in Maharashtra and it's not that dynasty will allow him to supersede them in any manner, which was the primary reason for him to leave in the first place.