2019 General Elections : Results Discussion

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Schmidt
BRFite

Re: 2019 General Elections News and Discussion

Post by Schmidt »

Not keeping well , so joining the party on BRF late

But what a historic verdict , even greater than 2014.

Completely makes irrelevant all caste calculations , hopefully is the harbinger of the end of dynastic politics and ushers in a corruption free Bharat.

Now lets wait for some crucial verdicts from the SC ( RJB , Sabarimala review etc ).
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Jignesh Mevani

Verified account

@jigneshmevani80
Follow Follow @jigneshmevani80
More
Guys don't worry, अपना टाईम आएगा !
@GulPanag @ReallySwara @prakashraaj
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> Aravind Limbavali is a BJP leader from Bangalore, Karntaka. I guess he was also an MLA, or MP from here.

he is sitting MLA from Blr east region , the famed "gold coast" of the ORR/whitefield.
quite active in civic matters like roads, lake rejuvenation. interacts with various ngo on such issues.
but blr east which always votes BJP gets punished with less funds whenever the JDS+congi combine is in power.
KL Dubey
BRFite

Post by KL Dubey »

sajo21 wrote:I just hope Modiji spends some time taking it easy. The rigours of being India's leader plus his intense drive have caused him to age more than what he should have in the past 5 years. He can change gears for a bit and go easy for the first few weeks. The campaign has been hectic, and I am sure tiring.
He just did...in Kedarnath. Unlikely he will be relaxing in the next 2 weeks. Lots of work to do.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

‘You Don’t Need Coalition I Do’: Netanyahu Jokes With Friend Narendra Modi During Congratulatory Call

by Swarajya Staff - May 23 2019,

‘You Don’t Need Coalition I Do’: Netanyahu Jokes With Friend Narendra Modi During Congratulatory Call

Prime Minister Narendra Modi welcomes Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in New Delhi.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a congratulatory phone call to Prime Minister Narendra Modi joked that while he (Netanyahu) needs a coalition to form the government, Prime Minister Modi does not need one.

A clip of the conversation was shared by Netanyahu’s official Prime Minister Twitter handle.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called to congratulate Indian Prime Minister @NarendraModi on his election victory.
"Narendra, my friend, congratulations! What an enormous victory!" pic.twitter.com/MzhQRb3q26

— PM of Israel (@IsraeliPM) May 23, 2019
In the phone call, Netanyahu is heard speaking to Prime Minister Modi on a first name basis while warmly referring to him as his friend. Netanyahu called the BJP’s win as an “enormous victory” and expressed hope that they would be able to meet soon after both form a new government.

Netanyahu also thanked Prime Minister Modi for his wisher and joked that he (Netanyahu) does need a coalition to form the new government as the recent Israeli mandate has thrown up a hung parliament.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

More butthurt for the tukde tukde gang.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Kamal and Seeman getting 3.5% is nothing, they are screwed. Let us not give too much credit to them
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the burn in the nether regions is still very strong and yet this demented jehadi continues to push the malicious and completely discredited "mass murderer" meme

Shehla Rashid شہلا رشید ✔ @Shehla_Rashid

I clearly remember 16 May, 2014. Everyone was rushing to JNU Students' Union office to watch the Lok Sabha results. I had a naive belief that @ArvindKejriwal would become PM, that India would reject a mass murderer. That was the first time that I felt like a Muslim in India.

9:09 AM - May 23, 2019
Last edited by chetak on 24 May 2019 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

SwamyG wrote:Kamal and Seeman getting 3.5% is nothing, they are screwed. Let us not give too much credit to them
Seems like tambrahms have voted for kamal.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

No bilateral talks with Pakistan till it keeps supporting terrorism: India’s envoy to the USA

Pakistan's new PM Imran Khan had initially tried to make grandiose statements regarding bilateral talks but India has been firm on its stand that no bilateral talks will happen till Pakistan continues to sponsor terrorism on Indian soil.

OPINDIA STAFF, MAY 24, 2019

Indian envoy rules out talks

Hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi was re-elected in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, India’s Ambassador to the US Harsh Vardhan Shringla told a group of American reporters that India will not hold talks with Pakistan until it gives up its state policy of supporting terrorism.

Mr Shringla said that the onus is on Pakistan to change its state policy of terrorism in order to improve the relations between the two countries. The envoy said that as long as supporting terrorism is a state policy of Pakistan, no Indian government will get a mandate from the people to reach out to that country.

The reporters enquired about the future of India-Pakistan relations to which Mr Shringla said the day Pakistan adjourns terrorism as a means of achieving its end, “I think the government will be within its mandate” to start a better relationship with its western neighbour.

“I think it is the desire of every Indian to have good relations with Pakistan. You see our relations with Bangladesh, you see our relations with Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Afghanistan. We have excellent relationships,” he said.

He also added that PM Modi’s inclusive policy of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas is meant for the development of all, including India’s neighbours.

“We have committed USD27 billion to the development of our neighbourhood and Pakistan is welcome to join. But it cannot be pursuing a policy of supporting terrorism on the one hand and then trying to talk of peace on the other. That double handed policy is not something that we can deal with anymore,” said Shringla.

Yesterday, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan congratulated PM Modi’s victory in the Lok Sabha election. Although he wrote about working together for peace in the region he makes no mention of the terrorism that still emanates from the country.

Imran Khan ✔ @ImranKhanPTI

I congratulate Prime Minister Modi on the electoral victory of BJP and allies. Look forward to working with him for peace, progress and prosperity in South Asia

17:15 - 23 May 2019
India had suspended bilateral talks with Pakistan after the URI attacks. Pakistan’s new PM Imran Khan had initially tried to make grandiose statements regarding bilateral talks but India has been firm on its stand that no bilateral talks will happen till Pakistan continues to sponsor terrorism on Indian soil.

On Wednesday, Pakistan media had reported a ‘meeting’ between External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Pakistan counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi saying the two sat beside each other while attending the meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). However, the MEA has clarified there was only an exchange of pleasantries and no formal meeting took place between the two leaders.

MEA has also said that the report of both the leaders sitting together was “factually incorrect and misleading”. “The seating arrangement at SCO follows the Russian alphabet system which does not put India and Pakistan together. This is standard practice at SCO meetings,” they added.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Karthik S wrote:
SwamyG wrote:Kamal and Seeman getting 3.5% is nothing, they are screwed. Let us not give too much credit to them
Seems like tambrahms have voted for kamal.
Even in my family there are hardcore DMK supporters. There will be always a few people here and there. Raveendran Duraisamy says even he overestimated Kamalgasan based on media reports.

The one big event, IF.........and IF that happens will be Rajini's entry. I suspect BJP must have suspected about the tamilian mood and held back Rajini. Now Rajini can enter the fray for Assembly elections. And BJP can possibly ride on him. But I wonder if he is really gutless player, and fit only for movies.

Raveendran Duraisamy was saying MuKa gave some taunts to Modi over JJ; and Modi changed his actions.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

hnair wrote: The late Swami Sathyananda Saraswathi was the highly influential Chenkottukonam Swamy (mentioned above), who closely co-ordinated with Shivagiri monks. He was a great networker and a close friend of my grandpa, till the end. A master of the Jedi temples found in that area
The original Jedi master of that area and my great grand father were intense friends. The wikipedia page of my great grand father mentions their friendship. After the passing away /samadhi of the jedi master of Shivagiri, a curious fate brought my great grand father and another jedi master together. The way it happened is also described in the wiki page. There was a third jedi master that my great grand father was attached to. All three loved him very much. Family tradition has all sorts of stories about these 3, and I heard many from my grand mother growing up.
Two of the 3 jedi knights were from KL. Here are their wiki pages including the Shivagiri one:

Great grand father met him in 1904:(great grand father made a trip to KL and invited him to visit, a difficult thing as trains were not there at that time)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narayana_Guru

This master and my ancestor met for the first time in 1928. From Koyilandy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagawan_Nityananda

The third jedi knight par excellence:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi

I have an intense soft corner for all 3. Jedi knight 2 traveled all over.

There is a very beautiful description when Jedi knight 1 amd jedi knight 3 met. This story is not known to many people:

http://thannal.com/meeting-between-nara ... -maharshi/

Jedi knight 1 had gone to meet the matham head of the Isanya Desikar math. The meeting described above took place at Skandashram, high on the hill, a blessed place.

Knights 2 and 3 never met as far as I know, but each had deep respect for the other.

In the Railway thread I once mentioned how I got the light saber of the jedi knights, it remains on my desk.
Last edited by vsunder on 24 May 2019 19:26, edited 5 times in total.
A Nandy
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by A Nandy »

SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

All results declared. BJP final tally is 303 out of 542. Congress gets 52. BJP has nearly 6x the Congress seats.
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

whoa... vsunderji, you got a bonafide light-saber in your desk? :eek:

Small world - the Big Two Jedi Knights of that era were born at Chempazhanthy and Kolloor(Trivandrum one). The first knight was supported monetarily in lots of his social actions by my great grandpa (a very young engineer), who was close to the second one too. The second one was the guiding light of our community at that time. After retirement, my parents build a house next door to the second Jedi's birth place and my old man has raised funds for a monument of the kind-of-forgotten knight at his ashram in next district (Panmana). He along with others are trying to build up a monument, complete with spiritual studies center et al.

To this day, that North-eastern quadrant of Trivandrum is packed with some strange masters. The weirdest story yet was this bonafide gujarati jedi who made his billions in khan (apparently wrote the first cheques from twitter to akamai to hollywood's Lionsgate). Apparently he loved the green hills over there (close to a small town near that rocket engine faclity) and is on a spiritual romp since past 10 years! Barefoot and billions, with a learjet parked at TRV. Very reclusive to the DDM, yet very accessible to the locals :lol:

But we digress in this celebration thread! If you are around here, I would be honored to host you and drive you to the Jedi temples.
Mort Walker
BRF Oldie

Post by Mort Walker »

2019 Lok Sabha election results

BJP
303 303 –

INC
52 52 –

DMK
23 23 –

AITC
22 22 –

YSRCP
22 22 –

SHS
18 18 –

JD(U)
16 16 –

BJD
12 12 –

BSP
10 10 –

TRS
9 9 –

LJP
6 6 –

NCP
5 5 –

SP
5 5 –

CPI(M)
3 3 –

IUML
3 3 –

JKNC
3 3 –

TDP
3 3 –

AIMIM
2 2 –

CPI
2 2 –

SAD
2 2 –

AAAP
1 1 –

AIADMK
1 1 –

AIUDF
1 1 –

AJSU
1 1 –

JD(S)
1 1 –

JMM
1 1 –

KC (M)
1 1 –

MNF
1 1 –

NPF
1 1 –

NPP
1 1 –

RSP
1 1 –

SKM
1 1 –

AGP
0 0 –

AIFB
0 0 –

AINRC
0 0 –

BPF
0 0 –

DMDK
0 0 –

INLD
0 0 –

JKNPP
0 0 –

JKPDP
0 0 –

JVM (P)
0 0 –

PMK
0 0 –

PPOA
0 0 –

RJD
0 0 –

RLD
0 0 –

RLSP
0 0 –

SDF
0 0 –

UDP
0 0 –

Other parties
9 9 –
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

wrt to Tamil Nadu and its language.
From what I know- Tamilians were not as paranoid than any other language people if looking thru prism of history. They were as good or bad as any other kingdom of the past in various parts of India. free movements of people etc.

post-1947 lot of changes happened. a lot of non Indian activities were unleashed in various parts of India to make them believe in non-Indianness.

In TN, it got a lightning rod with Hindi imposition which catapulted the present dravidian streak with political power.
Recall justice party etc even pre-independence had leaders feted in europe and america. they had as usual given sermons just like we have for scamgress and others.

for 1000s of years, Sanskrit as pan Indian language and various local languages have had close interactions with each other. No conflicts with each other. Each language helped other languages to co-exist peacefully.

many Indian languages have loan words for Sanskrit in their local vocabulary and some don't have.

Tamil as a language has loan words and has a rhythmical lyrical quality similar to Sanskrit (not sure how to word it).

One of the first things the dravidians did was to remove the loan words and all connections to Sanskrit in language. They gave various reasons like not suited to present times, easy on printing etc nonsense.

Later after gaining power made sure Tamil as the language remains a main issue. >1-2 Generations of Tamilians don't know even today about Sanskrit loan words and close relation to Sanskrit.
This creates a fertile field for these dumeels to claim that no relation to Sanskrit(hence major parts of India).

Thirukkural a Tamil classic is nothing but Manusmriti in the Tamil language. It is exactly the same sequence as Manusmriti and chapters are similar to it.
But with recent corruption and removal of all references by christian folks and now some islamic folks, chnages are in the making to make sure Tamilians are loisng their culture and heritage.

Post 1962 India -china war- JLN did a good thing - said any talk of rebellion against Indian state will be dealt with sternly. dravidians were in the forefront at that time were for leaving Indian union. They changed their tone and accepted Indian union.

Tamil Nadu is the land of Hindu temples for centuries. It is very closely a complete Hindu state. But with the above changes done in the last 100 + years with few generations losing the sense of history, it is easy for dumeels and Lemurians to exercise their stupidity and falsehoods on to youngsters.

It is time to reclaim our sense of history and Tamil pride in its Hinduness.

Key will be awareness of the Sanskrit connections to Tamil, loan words etc. The many Tamil hymns and songs and many others are Sanskrit translations adapted to Tamil people.

--------------------------------------------
NaMo has made "being Hindu is acceptable and uber cool" without creating animosity with others.has given confidence to many other normal Indians.

It is time to grab this period of opportunity to further the true revival of Indian culture and tradtions with its history.

It will take time money and selfless dedications of many Indians. The BIF will do everything to keep a lid on the Indian/Hindu revival after their hard-fought efforts to stop this in the last 100+ years.

will stop here. lot more to write.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

W.B CM Mamata Banerjee convinced of 'internal sabotage;' Summons all district Presidents

Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

Karan M wrote:Modi 2.0 should take on this ecosystem and strip it away. They need to be brought to heel. They are the force multipliers for the tukde tukde gang, LWEs and also the INC and allow the footsoldiers to thrive, create chaos. If neutered, the entire INC-Left apparatus will be left naked and literally without any power.
Multiple things need to be done-

FCRA pipe-block.
Law to stop faarin inflow funding legal challengers-block
Judiciary-reform.(including pushback against import of laws wholesale- read who wrote the equality bill that shashi tharoor unsuccesfuly pushed last year.as well as foreign law students and professors coming to india and "contributing" to law writing here-which sane country allows this cr@p anyway?)
Law colleges-reform.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, lotsa fun seeing libtrads having a mighty meltdown. For me, the biggest thrill is watching the Khan market traitors who go and puke in the likes of NYT and WP against Hindus, BJP, and ModiJi etc; getting beaten up on Twitter. Here is one exchange with an Uber 5-star libtard and another one of these slaves of western feminists.

Mitali Saran

@mitalisaran

Shoutout and hug to all my fellow citizens who might find themselves in the crosshairs of New India. I promise to stand up for you.

Chowkidar CRamS

@csastry12

Replying to @mitalisaran

Relax, its you who needs help. Try getting culturally ingrained with your Hindu brethren, you will understand thrashing your got on 5/23. Slap on your face for your NYT puke after that Kahuta rape of a child where you rejoiced portraying India in a state of dystopia under ModiJi.
Ardeshir
BRFite

Post by Ardeshir »

Terrible news - not so much about his role as Fin Min which has been taken up by Piyush Goel anyway, but regarding his deteriorating health.
Looks like all karmayogis end up ignoring their health till its too late. :cry: :cry:
Exclusive: Jaitley unlikely to remain Indian finance minister in Modi's new term - sources
Aftab Ahmed, Neha Dasgupta
4 MIN READ

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India’s Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is unlikely to continue in his current role due to poor health as Prime Minister Narendra Modi begins his second term, according to four sources with knowledge of the matter.
The sources said that Jaitley, 66, is unlikely to take up any offer to continue in the top job steering Asia’s third-largest economy as his health has deteriorated over the past few months.

Modi’s Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party swept the Indian general election with a historic mandate of about 300 out of 542 parliamentary seats that were contested, results announced by the Election Commission of India on May 23 showed.

“He is definitely not taking the post of the finance minister simply because he is very unwell,” one of the sources, who did not want to be named, told Reuters.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

mmasand wrote:As far as the post of leader of opposition, the govt will concede like they did in 2014 despite falling below 55 seats.
They didn't concede in 2014. Kharge was the leader of the congress in the LS, but that's it. There has been no leader of opposition for the past five years.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

UB or Rudradev saars or anyone. How much heat will NM face if he blanket bans all FCRA? Can it be done in this term? Stopping foreign money will check mate many BIFs.
Vinu
BRFite

Post by Vinu »

Excellent article written by Aravindan Neelakandan about what had happened in TN.

TN is a good case study if how memes can create and run a propaganda where people don't have time or willingness to do a fact check.

https://swarajyamag.com/politics/tamil- ... has-worked

The 'Mukkad' (Malsi, Kristians, Kommies and Athiest Dravidians) group started their propaganda immediately after Modi sworn in on 2014.

They blamed everything on Modi including their past sins. Starting from Jalikatttu, Fishermen issue, Flood, Kaveri, Rain, NEET, JJ death etc. On top of it every mistake of ADMK government also blamed on Modi because its been projected as it is a puppet government of Modi.

And there may be genuine impact of unemployment during demonetisation in Tiruppur and Coimbatore area.

Prior to 2014 Modi enjoyed great reputation in TN. But the a 'Mukkad' group managed to damage that image in TN innjuey 5 years. What RaGa failed to achieve at national level had been done at state level in TN.

BJP needs an English TV and FM (It should be in American Accent or British Accent) in TN to attract Tamil Youths and slowly make them aware of this Mukkad design. Not a Tamil channel... it should be TFTA channel to start with.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

Ardeshir wrote:Terrible news - not so much about his role as Fin Min which has been taken up by Piyush Goel anyway, but regarding his deteriorating health.
Looks like all karmayogis end up ignoring their health till its too late. :cry: :cry:
Exclusive: Jaitley unlikely to remain Indian finance minister in Modi's new term - sources
4 MIN READ

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India’s Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is unlikely to continue in his current role due to poor health as Prime Minister Narendra Modi begins his second term, according to four sources with knowledge of the matter.
The sources said that Jaitley, 66, is unlikely to take up any offer to continue in the top job steering Asia’s third-largest economy as his health has deteriorated over the past few months.

Modi’s Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party swept the Indian general election with a historic mandate of about 300 out of 542 parliamentary seats that were contested, results announced by the Election Commission of India on May 23 showed.

“He is definitely not taking the post of the finance minister simply because he is very unwell,” one of the sources, who did not want to be named, told Reuters.
Reuters Article quoted unnamed sources written by aftab Ahmed.
Hari Nair
BRFite

Post by Hari Nair »

Check out what our resident ex-Army Colonel turned crusader posted in his thread:

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.com/2019/05/ ... ng-on.html

Some excerpts:

"Avny Lavasa, the deputy commissioner of Leh, who is also the District Election Officer, has written to the army corps commander in Leh stating: “It is alleged that there are malpractices on part of various commanding officers of the Indian Army in the electronic postal ballot system. It is alleged that the commanding officers are telephonically asking jawans for their voting preference rather than supplying to them the ballot paper for casting his (sic) vote.”

“This is a gross violation of secrecy of voting and a malpractice that has the potential to invite strict legal action… Commanding officers may be sensitized about the issue and the sanctity of the electoral process maintained,” says the letter"

Few points here:
- Just how did this swine come to know about the public servant's attempt to malign the Army? Also, why publicise it in such a manner? The DC's letter is absolutely ILL-ADVISED and UNACCEPTABLE in tone and content !!!
- Said DC is the daughter of one of the Election Commissioner - who did not exactly cover himself in glory earlier by attempting to show dissidence to the other two ECs.
- This lady DC had filed an FIR on some allegedly corrupt practices by a local BJP MP elect during some press meet before the elections.
- Said lady is not exactly an angel in White - her dad was in a position of importance during Asian Games and she was appointed as a Project Officer, apparetly due to her dad : check out -

https://www.opindia.com/2019/05/ashok-l ... roversies/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/indian-a ... 950945948/

Will somebody please report this? This rat deserves to have his pension terminated!

Also, dad and daughter appear to be working in tandem to derail or discredit the election process itself!

MODS and other members who are in a position to make a difference, request kindly take note and report, if you can!
Last edited by Hari Nair on 24 May 2019 21:17, edited 5 times in total.
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

chandrasekaran wrote:#3. Give tacit and overt encouragement to the Aadheenams big time. I am of the firm opinion that the non-upper-caste Hindu Mathams have done yeoman service in KA. We need to replicate that in TN as well.
This is a very important point, saar, thanks for bringing this up. Adheenams in TN aren't as big as in KA (think Siddaganga Math). The Siddaganga math also runs a lot of educational institutions, and provides spiritual grounding for a lot of people in the community. Various communities have their own mathas, like for Adichunchanagiri for Vokkaligas. Then there is Sringeri math, the ashta mathas in Udupi, etc. Together, they all help consolidate Hindu culture, which is why the rice-bag EJ types haven't been able to make any inroads in KA.

In TN, most of the mathas like the Kanchi math are regarded as Brahmins' institutions, which was why Jayalalitha was able to get away with the Shankaracharya's arrest. Beyond that, people's devotion is personal and simply go to the nearest temple, thiruvizha, etc. But this is also opens some people towards poaching by the EJ types.

Anyway, I am sure you know all this, but wanted to elaborate on your point for everyone's benefit, as I too think this is a significant difference between TN and KA when it comes to cultural and spiritual issues. AP is perhaps similar to TN in this regard: lots of famous and crowded temples at Tirupati, Kalahasthi, Srisailam, Bhadrachalam, Kanakadurga, Mantralayam, etc., but EJ activity for some reason continues unabated. Of course, it would be good to get some insights from AP+TS folks on this...
arshyam
BRF Oldie

Post by arshyam »

chetak wrote:funny though that tamils outside TN have no objection to speaking hindi.
That's easily explained saar - the Hindi opposition was more a political fight against imposition than a personal issue against the language itself (though it will appear that way), so if anyone moves to a Hindi speaking place, they end up learning Hindi. That includes these politicians in Parliament as well, just that they won't admit it in public for some reason :lol:
khatvaanga
BRFite

Post by khatvaanga »

an oft repeated phrase here - 4th Battle of Panipat... now in words. Not sure who wrote it but makes very pertinent points..

https://www.opindia.com/2019/02/mamata- ... elections/
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Ardeshir wrote:Terrible news - not so much about his role as Fin Min which has been taken up by Piyush Goel anyway, but regarding his deteriorating health.
4 MIN READ

More than karma yogi, its gluttony and refusing to take care of ones health. Your body is one thing you must respect and many politicians dont. If your body is giving way at 66, and you dont have a condition like cancer, you have disrespected your body over an entire lifetime and its finally giving out. All it really takes is 30 minutes of exercise every day, and several days of upwaas an year to keep it fighting fit. Look at Advani ji, Yogi ji or even Modi ji! Yogi ji in particular is blessed.. he sleeps 4-5 hours a day and is as fighting fit as a soldier. Modi ji works like a demon.. I feel if he reduces his work by an hour or two a day to give his body time to recover, the total amount of work his body will put out over his life time will increase.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

arshyam wrote:
chandrasekaran wrote:#3. Give tacit and overt encouragement to the Aadheenams big time. I am of the firm opinion that the non-upper-caste Hindu Mathams have done yeoman service in KA. We need to replicate that in TN as well.
This is a very important point, saar, thanks for bringing this up. Adheenams in TN aren't as big as in KA (think Siddaganga Math). The Siddaganga math also runs a lot of educational institutions, and provides spiritual grounding for a lot of people in the community. Various communities have their own mathas, like for Adichunchanagiri for Vokkaligas. Then there is Sringeri math, the ashta mathas in Udupi, etc. Together, they all help consolidate Hindu culture, which is why the rice-bag EJ types haven't been able to make any inroads in KA.

In TN, most of the mathas like the Kanchi math are regarded as Brahmins' institutions, which was why Jayalalitha was able to get away with the Shankaracharya's arrest. Beyond that, people's devotion is personal and simply go to the nearest temple, thiruvizha, etc. But this is also opens some people towards poaching by the EJ types.

Anyway, I am sure you know all this, but wanted to elaborate on your point for everyone's benefit, as I too think this is a significant difference between TN and KA when it comes to cultural and spiritual issues. AP is perhaps similar to TN in this regard: lots of famous and crowded temples at Tirupati, Kalahasthi, Srisailam, Bhadrachalam, Kanakadurga, Mantralayam, etc., but EJ activity for some reason continues unabated. Of course, it would be good to get some insights from AP+TS folks on this...
Shyam, the EJs have been way too powerful since the beginning because of DK and DMK gangs. Many such hindu figures have been falsely targeted and people still voted same parties. Even if TN had as many mathas as KA, all of them would have been hounded off by EJs with the help of D parties.
sudeepj
BRFite

Post by sudeepj »

Karan M wrote:Fumble Harmer lives up to his name.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

So Congi cannot be Leader of Oppn, or Loo(this has some connotation in UK) as they need 54 to be that. Nobody can be Loo, all <54. What's with TN and KL, with the superior intelligence in those states, it looks like they are unable to do basic reasoning and understand what evils visited on the master races there are due to Modi and not due to Modi. Yeah, Modi gets up everyday and ticks off this long list of what should I do to give those "Madrassis" bambu today, nothing better to do no?
I understood this sometime back that logic has taken a back seat in KL and TN due to fantastic policies there. I was asked to visit a place called the Kerala School of Mathematics. With great trepidation I accepted. The director of this place also runs the water works or something like that of Kozhikode. I kid thee not. This is true. So I wrote CAT, BAT, HAT on the blackboard and ran away. Contrary to that the mavalis I find in Gangetic Uttar Pradesh at HRI in Prayagraj are far more serious and I also became serious and showed them secret tricks, mantras, light sabers etc. Now some have become squires in training with the approving eye of Obi wan. Here is the biodata of the waterworks person who runs a Math. research institute in KL under Govt. patronage of KL.

http://www.ksom.res.in/

Now we hear advice like Modi should learn Tamil, he should learn Telugu, he should also learn the language the Toda people speak in the Neilgherries, the spelling in Goa and the Blue mountains or Six months of Sick leave by original agint 009 one Capt. Richard Francis Burton

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520076 ... sick-leave

The Toda are the original gau rakshaks.

I will also tell this Mudi that he should in fact learn Tulu, it is the oldest of all the master race languages, (he can learn it with Wagner playing in the background,
master race and all you know, what those gwala boys, bewakoofs in Kanpur would know--->
Singha ji you forgot, Ride of the Valkyries of Wagner in a faster version is the Quick March of the Para Regiment UK, your picture of paras early in this thread ...)
you know Tulu is used even in the Charition Mime, a farce, a burlesque, a Greek play found in fragmentary pieces from the second century BCE. Learning Tulu, Mudi can be a uber Lemurian. I doubt Tulu speaking people understand that because they always vote BJP even though they get shafted by the Bangalore guys for voting non Congi. Not given to dramabaazi and occupying and punching way, way above their weight.
Too much arrogance and giving gyaan is not a good thing. I will say if you have gyaan, run a campaign and duplicate what happened not all over but just in your state, that is enough, then I may respect you or like Rahul Mehta get 1900 votes. Here is the Charition mime, has farts and all, yes farting is part of the play(the jester does it):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charition_mime

PS: Singhaji when you were little I surmise a movie came out where Ride of the Valkyries was played:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnAqbuItSZQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m05EtZfPeww

PS: HNairji: Thanks for your offer, makes us gurubhais. Next time you visit Sivagiri, ask them what is the Northernmost temple consecrated by the jedi knight 1? Google that name and wikepedia will reveal all, the stories, pictures and tons of info and the fact my ancestor built the temple and why and all the things I alluded to above. There is a forbidding pic of gramps, turban and all on that page.
Last edited by vsunder on 24 May 2019 22:49, edited 4 times in total.
Theeran
BRFite

Post by Theeran »

arshyam wrote:

Perur adheenam is quite popular. There are numerous temples in the kongu region patronized by the locals that hardly anyone outside knows about. The temples are for karuppurayan, patteeswarar, maariamman.. The ones in eachanari, maruthamalai, pollachi Murugan temple to name just a few.
chandrasekaran
BRFite

Post by chandrasekaran »

Unlike AP (I could be wrong here, happy to be corrected) The Aadheenams in TN not only have a glorious past that goes all the way to a millennia, they control pretty much every temple in the cauvery belt and thereby at least at names sake quite a large swathe of property as well . I think it will be the same case with Madurai aadhenam (South TN) too. The main issue however is that for reasons unknown to me, they seem to maintain such a low profile. This is quite sad. Perhaps they are quite afraid to take on the *DK* goons directly.

I believe by giving them the full might of the central government, albeit tacitly, the rampant conversion racket can be countered without this being at odds at Tamil identity. If this is done the crypto's will have a big problem giving this a Brahmin/Aryan/Northie identity. One of the biggest ways BJP is discredited in TN is by labeling it as a brahmin/pappan party. There needs a solution to this and I think this is one way.

In fact this should go beyond Aadheenams, modern hindu organizations like Akshaya Patra, Iskon, Ramakrishna Matham, some of the northie Sri Vaishnav and Shaivaite sects must be encouraged to set up their branches and actively encouraged to do visible social service in the name of Hindu religion. Tamil must be the language however. This is quite easy as next to Sanskirt, Tamil perhaps has the largest corpus of Hindu literature, This needs to happen for the next 3-4 years and BJP's association must be overt towards the end of 4th year in time for 2023.
ShyamSP
BRF Oldie

Post by ShyamSP »

Can the posters cross-post above aadheenam/temple posts in KL/TN thread?
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

The latest joke in WB based on Mumtaaz Begum's pre-poll thunder of winning all the 42 seats "We want 42 out of 42"

Didi did get all the 42 Bengal seats, but Modiji took a cut of 18 seats as part of the central GST
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

arshyam wrote:
mmasand wrote:As far as the post of leader of opposition, the govt will concede like they did in 2014 despite falling below 55 seats.
They didn't concede in 2014. Kharge was the leader of the congress in the LS, but that's it. There has been no leader of opposition for the past five years.
I remember reading that in alok Kumar removal/transfer in jan it was Supreme Court Judge voting alongside PM while kharge opposed it
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

The aadheenams wear deserted looks. Only a few old people there. I suppose younger people are busy doing whats app and forwarding memes. Other sites like jeeva samadhis in TN are largely unknown by younger people in TN. The buildings in the adheenams for the most part need serious renovation and are dilapidated. They are not only spiritual centers but also places where real history took place. A few of course are well patronized and are doing well, but the large majority are in dire straits.

An example is the Koviloor adheenam

http://www.kovilur.com/

It has a branch on the old giri pradikshina road in Tiruvannamalai and attached to it is the samadhi of that personage one Isanya Desikar

http://davidgodman.org/asaints/isdesikar.shtml

You can read Godman's article of the connection with Koviloor math. The aadhenam at T'Malai is in poor shape, dilapidated buildings, but a place of immense quiet and peace. Many historical things happened here, too numerous to list, even someone with a cursory interest in history leave alone the spiritual and other aspect would help in keeping the place in a sounder condition.
Last edited by vsunder on 24 May 2019 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

AAP is disintegrating looks like. Another urban naxal enterprise gone wrong. They lost deposits in four Delhi seats and got very little vote in PJ even though they won one seat.