2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Vips »

Karthik S wrote:So SS spokesperson says bullet train costs too much, they'll halt cutting of trees in Aarey and scrap Nanar refinery. Well done MH, give nearly 100 odd seats to NCP and congress, lazy farmers living on govt doles can drink their pi$$, as AP once said before. And oh yes, mumbaikars, be ready for illegal BDs.
If Sena plays politics in the refinery project then Maharashtra will be a big loser and the project will be shifted to Gujarat (most probably around the coast in Surat) and that time you will have a tweet from Gujarat CM thanking UT for the same. This is one project that the religion of peace pasand Congress will not dare oppose as Saudi/UAE investment is involved. It will be Maharshtra's loss and Gujarat's gain.

BJP will also dare SS to oppose the Uniform Civil Code with its congress comrades when it proposes a bill on the same in the parliament.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

pankajs wrote:
I doubt if Pawar needs money from BMC,
Why does Pawarful want power? He already has other sources. NCP/AP could have gone with BJP and protected its other sources temporarily at least.
1. Power means more loot, which wouldn't happen with BJP but with Sena the BMC bank becomes within reach in theory.
2. Why would Pawarful allow Sena to cream all malai from BMC when he was the one who stitched the alliance?

a. For all the above reasons and more, Sena can throw all the tantrums that it wants BUT Pawarful has the upper hand and will extract his malai and get his cut from BMC too.
BJP can use CBI/ED and other bodies to make sure that the malai eating in BMC is vaporware for the likes of SS and NCP. Half a dozen entities and their subsidaries are getting majority of the contracts. If there is CBI shadow on the contracting mechanism, SS will find it hard to milk the cow.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

Vips wrote: This is one project that the religion of peace pasand Congress will not dare oppose as Saudi/UAE investment is involved. It will be Maharshtra's loss and Gujarat's gain.

BJP will also dare SS to oppose the Uniform Civil Code with its congress comrades when it proposes a bill on the same in the parliament.
You underestimate political spitefulness. INC-NCP may very well use this as a payback for Enron. Ofcourse, SS will be SS.

UCC? Is it even that big a deal nationwide like 370 or Ram Mandir were? SS can simply say that UCC will be undermining of Marathi asmita that's it.

Regarding the potential of scrapping the bullet train project, well to be honest, do we not recall Maha govt. raising so many objections initially, such as about the BKC terminus and what not, all of which served to delay the project by a couple of years? The construction was supposed to begin in 2018 and it has not even taken off. Had the construction begun, it would have been far more difficult to derail it (pardon the pun). Of course INC, NCP would have called it anti-farmer and would have tried to project it as elitist and Enron II.

Keep delaying projects just because they were not your pet schemes and you risk someone coming down the line and derailing the whole thing.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Guys, we need to look at KA and relax. Maharashtra will not be lost. The wait is only till December when the KA govt will stabilize. Then it will mostly be project MP. MH is easy for Amit Shah. They will just put Pawar behind bars for 3 months and allow Ajit Pawar to take over party.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/CNNnews18/status/11 ... 3444467712
News18 @CNNnews18

#NewsAlert | Rahul Gandhi to skip Uddhav Thackrey’s cabinet swearing-in ceremony. He is also maintaining distance with Shiv Sena on the Maharashtra issue: Source | @_pallavighosh with more details
Seems Sena is not green enough. Will need to do more. Will Moma dearest show up?

PS: Raul jee is still hedging. If the experiment goes wrong, he can be protected from the muck that will get thrown around. They will extract their malai from Sena led government but shield prince jee. Make it easier to do a u-turn later. Good move.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1199559250738966528
TIMES NOW @TimesNow
#NewsAlert | Aghadi leaders to meet at 12 PM today at @PawarSpeaks’s residence to discuss & decide on cabinet portfolios. | #PawarSoniaSena
de facto CM .. Someone commented
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

Wow, what an argument! DF shouldn't return as cm at any cost but bjp should let ut become cm.

honest and good administrator is bad but some dynast guy with corrupt bg is good.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Guys, can BJP and SS come back together atleast now? BJP can offer 2.5 years CM to SS. The cost of allowing NCP and congis to rule such a large state is much higher.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

There are 162-170 total MLA's in the khichdi mix and just 40-42 ministerial berths. That leaves 125-130 dissatisfied and ambitious MLA's to poach on and Mota bhai just needs 25 of them. Rs 750 crores is all that will take to bring the goberment down.
vinod
BRFite

Post by vinod »

For BJP, from now on in Maharashtra there is only one agenda - "Bhed" - Split parties!
Shiv sena should be split
Congress should be split
and NCP as well.

Take your time but do it thorough.

Pile on pressure by having the ED cases. It should be easy to do that on this corrupt lot!!!
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

So far, the MH drama resembles Bihar more than Karnataka. Nitish formed a govt which harangued him till he left it. Will SS fate be the same? The only discord here is Ajit Pawar trying to break NCP. Also Nitish Kumar did not break the bridges as badly as SS did.

In Kanataka BJP was much closer to majority and it needed only 15 mla to resign. In MH, the short fall is around 25. Anti defection will not allow to break any party to get only 25 given the strengths of the various parties in the Lok Sabha. They have to break away at least 40 of them from any one party. They tried once and failed in that.

The other option is to get 50 mlas to resign, hold by elections and win 25 of them. Not an easy task. The coalition has to fall under internal contradictions like in Bihar, though it is more unlikely than in Bihar. Only if SP croaks soon...
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Nitishwa too once had dreams of Dilli gaddi .. Did not end well for him.

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status ... 0668619777
Times of India @timesofindia

Don't be surprised if Shiv Sena comes to power even in Delhi, says Sanjay Raut http://toi.in/SbDdfZ/a24gk
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

Some questions for people from MH.
1. Who exactly make up the Maratha caste?
2. What percentage of the population are they?
3. How did they come to be such a large proportion of the population?
4. Are they monolithic? Are there divisions in them that can be exploited?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Let us relax and prepare for the Sena alliance to run for a year at least. Sena will not start chafing against the leash for at least 6 months. Only when Sena is sufficiently riled up by the demands of Pawarful and CON will the fireworks start.

I also want to see Uddhav make mandatory vizit to Delhi a couple of times to get funds released. Til date it was BJP wallas viziting Matoshree and the changed equations need to be aired publicly. That will be the final confirmation of the new status.

As pointed out by someone on twitter, JDU left NaMo BEFORE elections, SS cheated AFTER results. That is a BIG difference. Shah/Modi are unlikely to forgive or forget that.
Last edited by pankajs on 27 Nov 2019 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

On a lighter note, got this in my WA group. Fits the situation well, and from my favorite cartoon characters no less:

Cat and Mouse Game in MH (and not to mention the dog)
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Heh ....

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1199644507995721728
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

#Breaking | Sources: @NCPspeaks demands Maharashtra CM post for 2.5 years. | #PawarDoubleCross
Even though I am posting it here, one has to be cautious with the "Breaking News" business .. better to wait for confirmation by multiple sources.

Caution,
https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1199644733649248256
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

#Breaking | @NCPspeaks demands Maharashtra CM post for 2.5 years & @AjitPawarspeaks demands the Deputy CM post.

More details by TIMES NOW's Megha Prasad. | #PawarDoubleCross
Sone pe suhaga ...
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

@NCPspeaks demands Maharashtra CM post for 2.5 years
Politics at its ironic. Cnat understand where it begins and ends.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^ Too early to jump to conclusion ..

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1199656473543864322
ANI @ANI

Sources: Apart from Chief Minister, Shiv Sena to have 15 ministers, NCP to have Deputy Chief Minister and 13 other ministers. Congress to have Assembly Speaker and 13 ministers. #Maharashtra
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

pankajs wrote:Heh ....

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1199644507995721728
TIMES NOW @TimesNow

#Breaking | Sources: @NCPspeaks demands Maharashtra CM post for 2.5 years. | #PawarDoubleCross
Even though I am posting it here, one has to be cautious with the "Breaking News" business .. better to wait for multiple confirmation.
Trust only local papers. These english studio twitter journos sometimes know nothing. No news so far in local newspapers.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Primus wrote:On a lighter note, got this in my WA group. Fits the situation well, and from my favorite cartoon characters no less:

Cat and Mouse Game in MH (and not to mention the dog)
As soon as I saw this post, I knew which cartoon was being referred to. Of course SS is now the pussycat.

But I got to say - BJP disregarded Napoleon's sage advice. "Never interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake." I was all excited when DF made his big move, but I guess Napoleon knew what he was talking about, and it didn't end so well.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, if wishes were horses beggars would, but I wish ModiJi say thans, but no thanks, to the oath taking ceremony of the new Sonia Sena chief :-).
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

WA-Forward
Friends , Maharashtra was not a miscalculation or mistake as we think. It was a planned and calculated decision. Why ? Read this.

There are huge funds in Maharashtra government accounts, deposited as part of funds for Bullet train. Centre, Maharashtra and Gujarat control these funds. Sonia wanted to divert these funds for Farmer loan waiver though Japan wouldn't have agreed. But Japan cannot stop Maharashtra CM if he wants to go ahead. That would abort the Bullet train project. It will help Congress to siphon off funds in the name of waivers.

Fadnavis was care taker CM till 22 and he could not have transferred the money to central funds. So he struck a deal with Ajit Pawar (Shah Modi gameplan) and produced letters of support of 159 MLAs through party chiefs. That's why the emergency swearing in. He has transferred almost all the money to central funds, making it impossible for new government to touch the funds.

He will resign now but they have prevented the Congress from poaching into Bullet train project. Sonia's insistence in her CMP was Farmer's loan waivers (the easiest way to scam, like they did in Karnataka and MP) and stop Modi's dream project of Bullet train.

So it was for a cause. Ajit Pawar didn't know all this and thought he can become Deputy CM. In the 3 days, Fadnavis has finished the designated job. Now the Triplets can screw themselves.
How true can this be? I did read media reports that Fadanvis did sign off some major orders, to which Kapil Sibal did petition in SC to stop Fadanvis from making any actions (in position of CM).
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

^^
Karnataka too had a non-BJP speaker while the JDS/CON government was in power. Horse trading does not happen inside the assembly. BJP got its government dispite the speakers all-out efforts to stop them. Don't worry on that count.

As far as bonhomie is concerned, I am sure Shah/Modi will receive Uddhav warmly as is befitting a large state CM when he goes to Delhi asking for funds. :rotfl:

The cruelst a$$assins and politico are the most friendly and gracious till they slip the knife in.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

The trend #ThanksMughals shows exactly what is wrong with modern India. Imagine if people in the US trend #ThankYouSlaveOwners or Germans trend #ThankYouNazis. They would be called racists/bigots for lionizing mass murderers. But in India, they are accepted as intellectuals.

7:07 PM - 21 Nov 2019
Thank You Mugals

and finally

kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

pankajs wrote:Let us relax and prepare for the Sena alliance to run for a year at least. Sena will not start chafing against the leash for at least 6 months. Only when Sena is sufficiently riled up by the demands of Pawarful and CON will the fireworks start.

I also want to see Uddhav make mandatory vizit to Delhi a couple of times to get funds released. Til date it was BJP wallas viziting Matoshree and the changed equations need to be aired publicly. That will be the final confirmation of the new status.

As pointed out by someone on twitter, JDU left NaMo BEFORE elections, SS cheated AFTER results. That is a BIG difference. Shah/Modi are unlikely to forgive or forget that.
Yupe. After intense heartburn for 2 days, i have now calmed down and am thinking straight again. MAD are not people to be trifled with and its not like they will just let it be. I am 100% sure there are already plans they are putting in place. But they will wait patiently for a while this time. I doubt anything will happen for a while, but i have trust in Namo and Shah. This is not the end. They are not guys who give up.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

kittoo wrote:
pankajs wrote:Let us relax and prepare for the Sena alliance to run for a year at least. Sena will not start chafing against the leash for at least 6 months. Only when Sena is sufficiently riled up by the demands of Pawarful and CON will the fireworks start.

Yupe. After intense heartburn for 2 days, i have now calmed down and am thinking straight again. MAD are not people to be trifled with and its not like they will just let it be. I am 100% sure there are already plans they are putting in place. But they will wait patiently for a while this time. I doubt anything will happen for a while, but i have trust in Namo and Shah. This is not the end. They are not guys who give up.

Next stop KAR

wonder what the stars foretell for that mess.

BJP infighting and kusti in full swing with other geriatrics in various caste avatars battling it out
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Yeh kaise anpadh Pakistani hain? Surgical Strike hui thi yeh maan rahe hain aur uske liye aur koi lafz bhi nahin hai inke paas. Document mein bhi likh diya: Surgical Strike. Ab kitne dehshatgard mare yeh bhi bata do.

Shireen Mazari Verified account @ShireenMazari1

For those who think we are not in a state of undeclared war with India, facts on ground show otherwise as I have been saying for some time now - ever since the Balakot surgical strike by India & moving on to annex & siege of IOJK(excerpts from my multiple talks on the issue)

Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Chetak sir...today being Wednesday...you are hereby awarded with "Bag the Hag" with Oak Leaf! :P :rotfl:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

^ and Cluster (bombs)
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

Nitish Kumar Undecided On NRC In Bihar, Seeks Opinion From Partymen

Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is seeking the opinion of partymen all across the country on NRC. The minister said the issue needs wider discussions

Written By Prakash Singh | Mumbai | Updated On: November 28, 2019 01:15 IST
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is seeking the opinion of partymen all across the country on NRC.

Nitish Kumar while speaking to Reporters in his Vidhan sabha chamber said that "as of now there is no stand, we are consulting JDU unit of different states than only we will come to some conclusion based on the opinion provided. It needs wider consultations and discussions. Based on the advice of the all Assam students union, we had formed an opinion earlier but now we are deliberating in our party. After that, we will take a stand ".

READ | Centre should buy, says CM Nitish Kumar as Kushwaha fasts for school land allotted as MoS

Nitish Kumar undecided on NRC
Earlier the JDU was opposed to NRC in Bihar. Only a week back JDU Vice President, Prashant Kishore had expressed his opposition to Union Home Minister Amit Shah's statement of implementing NRC in the country, through a tweet. Kishore in his tweet had said that, "15 plus states with more than 55% of India's population have non -BJP Chief Ministers. Wonder how many of them are consulted and are on board for NRC in their respective states."

Union minister Giriraj Singh has been demanding National population policy.

On population policy, Nitish Kumar said that "those who target one religion as the reason for population explosion does not even understand the problem or the remedy for it. Population policy is not the solution, instead of that govt should try and educate women as women understand the sensitivities of population explosion and Bihar's population is growing at an alarming rate, as the fertility rate is the highest in the country."

Now, this statement of Nitish Kumar is a complete U-turn from his party's earlier stance on NRC. After Amit Shah's statement that NRC, would be applicable in the entire country, JDU wants to be careful and does not want to fall in the trap of the BJP, which will try to polarize the society on communal lines. That's why, Nitish Kumar, a wily politician has decided to keep it open-ended till 2020 Bihar assembly elections.

BJP wants implementation of NRC
BJP leaders like Giriraj Singh and Union Minister of State for home, Nityanand Rai have been pressing the demand for the implementation of NRC in Bihar and have repeatedly said that it will be introduced in the entire country and Bihar will not be an exception. NRC, boomeranged in Assam, like the BJP, which raised the issue during assembly elections that, 55 lakh Citizens didn't have any papers, pertaining to their residential status since 1971. But once NRC, was done under the monitoring of Supreme Court, 19 lakh citizens were found to be lacking documents, out of which 12 lakh were Hindus. Now, Assam minister Hemanta Vishwa Sharma has demanded to reject the NRC that was published in Assam and start afresh.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

kittoo wrote:

I doubt they will have to wait too long or do too much. The alliance between SS and NCP is such that it will fracture without any encouragement from outside. Trusting the NCP and Cong is like sleeping with poisonous snakes, the uppity tiger is about to find out.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The Maha alliance is from now on going to face the real test, governing the state with three different partners led by the Sena.It is going to be v.tough for it to last a full term as it will get zilch in funds from the centre.The contradictions of the 3 partners will come to the fore in the future, and its survival for a ful 5 yr.term highly improbable.

However, the BJP has a lot of egg on its face for the indecent haste with which it tried to cling onto power.The midnight drama also lowered the dignity of the governor and the president. There was no pressing great emergency ( shades of Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed here) , war, natural calamity, etc. for such a drastic act.
" Politics makes for strange bedfellows", is an ancient saying, but villified Ajit Pawar as Fhadnabis' Deputy CM was a comedy act.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Imagine if someone in BJP or associated with BJP or a BJP supporting columnist said the following, except replacing Brahmins with Muslims or Christians, buy this time all hell would have broken lose. Here is one Libtrad's hate of Brahmins and he is an 'inettectual'

nikhil wagle
@waglenikhil

It is said Brahmins of Maharashtra are unhappy with Fadnavis’ exit. They thought it was their government. But Bahujans and rural masses are very happy to have this new anti-BJP government led by Uddhav Thackeray.It is a clear polarisation. Who cares for 3 % Brahmins!
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Very sad.Caste and communal attitudes harm the country with internal divisions more than external enemies.Full throttle now required for the Uniform Civil Code.Like Art. 370, it is urgently required.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

CRamS wrote:Imagine if someone in BJP or associated with BJP or a BJP supporting columnist said the following, except replacing Brahmins with Muslims or Christians, buy this time all hell would have broken lose. Here is one Libtrad's hate of Brahmins and he is an 'inettectual'

nikhil wagle
@waglenikhil

It is said Brahmins of Maharashtra are unhappy with Fadnavis’ exit. They thought it was their government. But Bahujans and rural masses are very happy to have this new anti-BJP government led by Uddhav Thackeray.It is a clear polarisation. Who cares for 3 % Brahmins!
He is a bigot but he is representing a large section of such brainwashed brahmanphoeb bigots everywhere. I was surprised to see astounding inner brahman hate surfaced after fadnavis made CM.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

And to rub salt to the wound, he and his UndY pervert friends were badgering BJP for 'hate' spewed by Sadhvi for some stupid off the cuff remark she made about Godse. And BTW, she being a rustic MP may not know when to say what, but she sure should control her tongue a little bit :-).
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

somdev wrote:With Congress Speaker in Maharashtra assembly any further chances of horse trading/monkey business (Karnataka style) will be dim.
KA speaker was (and is) a Congress-man. And he played every rule in the book to scuttle BJP's plan. But yet they succeeded. So when push comes to shove, BJP will still have chances to play games. Every thing is not lost.
CRamS wrote:And BTW, she being a rustic MP may not know when to say what, but she sure should control her tongue a little bit
This Sadhwi is becoming a liability, period. I think she would cause further damage to BJP's political plans again and again. Absolutely rustic and have no clue on politics.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

CRamS wrote:And to rub salt to the wound, he and his UndY pervert friends were badgering BJP for 'hate' spewed by Sadhvi for some stupid off the cuff remark she made about Godse. And BTW, she being a rustic MP may not know when to say what, but she sure should control her tongue a little bit :-).
She has her own agenda and is chafing at the perceived BJP bit.

This was a mistake to give her the seat.

She doesn't seem to accept/understand party discipline and thinks that the party needs her instead of vice versa.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

I don't think Sadhvi Pragya was given the ticket just like that. There was a tar on Saints and Sanyasis which needed to be cleaned in public court. That beating Diggy in Bhopal was added bonus.
Not everyone should be forced to follow politically correct line. Aam Janta in India understands that. It is Looten Media which jumps up and down on anything saffron.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Vikas wrote:I don't think Sadhvi Pragya was given the ticket just like that. There was a tar on Saints and Sanyasis which needed to be cleaned in public court. That beating Diggy in Bhopal was added bonus.
Not everyone should be forced to follow politically correct line. Aam Janta in India understands that. It is Looten Media which jumps up and down on anything saffron.
Vikas ji,

the same defence parliamentary committee that she has been appointed to may also have owasi in it.

Why is there no outcry against the appointment of a bigot like him.

or is it simply a case of my bigot vs your bigot. :mrgreen:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

right on cue

ANI Verified account @ANI

#WATCH BJP Working President JP Nadda: Pragya Thakur's statement (referring to Nathuram Godse as 'deshbhakt') yesterday in the parliament is condemnable. She will be removed from the consultative committee of defence.

https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1199921311742668801