2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Karan M »

Folks, some of you are abusing the leeway shown by the forum in granting you a place, despite the risks, in discussing political issues.

First, I repeatedly see some of you using bad language and discussing in bad faith amongst each other, insulting each other in a manner which you would not, if you met face to face. This is nuts. Why use anonymity to take a hard-line position against somebody you'd probably get along with in real life, while vitiating the forum atmosphere?

Second, the forum is NOT a place to loudly proclaim religious superiority or decry religions/ faiths. If you have issues with aspects of any particular faith's adherents and you are able to discuss it in a nuanced manner, that is one thing. However, repeated references to how bad/good one is are NOT welcome. You expose both yourself and the forum to legal action with your rampant and obvious stupidity.

If you can't abide by either common-sense prescription, then DONT POST. Its that simple.

Your bad behavior will lead to the loss of this thread which more mature posters wish to retain to discuss things.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

how quickly his true colors have come to the fore.

Doesn't have any face to show in dilli :mrgreen:

Fadnavis has already given over 5.5K crores to the farmers during his short few days tenure as the MAH CM. Ball in the new guy's court now.

very soon he will play the khujliwal gambit

BJP kaam karne nahi deti

ANI Verified account @ANI

Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray: Centre should help Maharashtra in helping farmers of the state. Opposition leaders should go and meet Prime Minister and demand financial assistance for the farmers.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Buying 11,000 metric tons onions from Turkey!!! It is Sheila Dixit all over!!
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

if you are hell bent on nurturing snakes in your bosom, this is the way to go

Pitifully poor labourers will toil and spend more monies to educate their kids in schools then these blood sucking parasites of JNU. This is fee structure and it remains unchanged since the day of Indira Gandhi

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

This channel is talking about what was done during the three days that BJP was in power and why it was necessary. It seems that SS had a plan to try to cancel the bullet train and divert the funds. There was also a plan to move funds from the account to help the farmers. These actions could not have been done by a caretaker overnment. It has been rumored DF did a lot of paperwork during this period of three days. However, I do not know if this story is true, only time will tell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97j7l6ggrIo
तीन दिन की सरकार का रहस्य और ठाकरे सरकार का भविष्य- जाने भूतपूर्व रॉ ऑफिसर एनके सूद की ज़ुबानी
Gautam
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

watch from 1:20

Listen in: Union Minister @smritiirani talks about Maharashtra political tussle.

https://twitter.com/TimesNow/status/1201190338364231681
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

g.sarkar wrote:This channel is talking about what was done during the three days that BJP was in power and why it was necessary. It seems that SS had a plan to try to cancel the bullet train and divert the funds. There was also a plan to move funds from the account to help the farmers. These actions could not have been done by a caretaker overnment. It has been rumored DF did a lot of paperwork during this period of three days. However, I do not know if this story is true, only time will tell:
तीन दिन की सरकार का रहस्य और ठाकरे सरकार का भविष्य- जाने भूतपूर्व रॉ ऑफिसर एनके सूद की ज़ुबानी
Gautam
Similar stories are making the rounds on WhatsApp. Claiming BJP was very smart, this was all Chanakyan, SP was scared by Modi etc etc. Sound implausible to be honest.
komal
BRFite

Post by komal »

^
Regardless of the motive or intent, if DF did move significant monies out of the hands of the SS/NCP/INC combine, then the operation was successful. Surely, the movement of funds can be easily verified.
fanne
BRF Oldie

Post by fanne »

My ‘internal’ news tell me that no fund transfer business took place. Bjp really thought AP crossover was real and SP will not be able to get him back. Things turned out different. My sources could be wrong, I hope money was returned to center.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Plus I doubt its as easy as just doing a NFTC from one account to another. And if BJP wrote huge sums out of Maha Govt back to Center, it would become a political hot potato.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SBajwa wrote:Buying 11,000 metric tons onions from Turkey!!! It is Sheila Dixit all over!!
turkey and egypt.

what were the options except import in the near term before the next harvest is ready

unseasonal rains and resulting floods have played havoc all over the country
The government will import 11000 Metric Ton (MT) of onion from Turkey in addition to 6090 MT from Egypt, in the backdrop of soaring onion prices in the Indian retail market.

On November 20, the Union Cabinet had approved the import of 1.2 lakh metric tonnes onion to ease the price in the retail market.

According to Ministry of Consumer Affairs, the Metals and Minerals Trading Corporation of India has placed the order, which will begin arriving in India later this month, while from Egypt the consignment will start reaching in mid-December.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

not a single solitary word about how India will benefit from subsidizing the people of these two countries, beedi and SL, at the cost of her own needy citizens who are reeling under the very same high onion prices

Why don't they also import from elsewhere just like we are compelled to do.

SL helps vietnam dump huge quantitity of low quality pepper into the Indian market by fudging the country of origin conditions and routing via SL and the lankans are wholly complicit in this fraud.

Sri Lanka on Friday urged India to remove trade barriers for better economic cooperation among South Asian nations, saying the move by the neighbouring country to restrict exports of onions has a massive impact on prices there.

Speaking at the India Economic Summit here, Minister of Economic Reforms and Public Distribution of Sri Lanka Harsha de Silva asked India to remove restrictions on import of tea from Sri Lanka.

"India banned export of onions in the last few weeks, perhaps you may not realise it but in small countries like ours, it has major impact on prices," he said.

Last month, India had banned exports of onion and imposed stock limit on traders to ensure domestic availability amid rising prices of the kitchen staple, which had touched Rs 80 per kg.

The Centre had also stopped immediately shipments of onion at below minimum export prices to Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and warned violators of strict action.

Regarding export of tea to India, Silva further said "we would like to see barriers brought down and quotas removed".

On these things, he said, "We don't need to compete, we can collaborate. So, trade barriers and restrictions among our countries in this region must seriously be brought down.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

chetak wrote:if you are hell bent on nurturing snakes in your bosom, this is the way to go

Pitifully poor labourers will toil and spend more monies to educate their kids in schools then these blood sucking parasites of JNU. This is fee structure and it remains unchanged since the day of Indira Gandhi
Chetak saar, my retirement plan is to join a PhD program at JNU and while away my time till I am 70 and hopefully kick the bucket. :lol:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karan M wrote:
chetak wrote:if you are hell bent on nurturing snakes in your bosom, this is the way to go

Chetak saar, my retirement plan is to join a PhD program at JNU and while away my time till I am 70 and hopefully kick the bucket. :lol:
Karan M ji,

You and me both. :)

Hostel fees and other perks will remain the same for decades to come. 8)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

GDP 7.5%: Fudged number!
GDP 4.5%: Modi is killing the economy!

Inflation 3%: High inflation under Congress helped the economy.
Inflation 6%: Modi is killing the middle class!

Industrialist praises Modi: Agent!
Industrialist criticizes Modi: The truth is finally out!
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Karan M wrote:Karthik S - you already have a warning, for now I have only edited your posts to remove bad language. Both the terms used and the belligerent tone adopted towards other forum members are unnecessary. Please stop, or a second warning and a ban will follow. Thanks.
Karan, two things, I wasn't talking about any faiths. I was only talking about the strategy of RSS to woo a community that will never accept them. All this is done at the cost of people who vote them. DF got many schemes for them, you and I both know who are the most happiest people in MH now that BJP is not in the govt. Now again I said this in the context of that RSS guy giving example of EVR. In order to gain foothold in TN, the RSS thinks the said person is to go about it, then they'll be doing a huge injustice to indics in TN. Most of the ills that TN faces today can be traced to that gang.

Second, I did make sarcastic reply to a member but only when he made similar statement to mine. My first post on this topic was never directed towards anyone here.

Just felt I had to give my PoV as I believe you interpreted my statements in a tangential way.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

decrypt Rahul Bajaj was very slyly making a "macho" political statement, emboldened by the fact that pawarful peoples have come to occupy a seat at the high table.

wasn't he as quiet as a church mouse all these days :mrgreen:

His industries are heavily in debt, mukund steel and others of the group.

twitter

We are not able to openly criticise Modi govt, Rahul Bajaj to Amit shah at ET event

twitter

Mr. Bajaj said this to Amit Shah in the presence of a few hundred industry head honchos during a television debate. Does anyone see the irony of it all?
Last edited by chetak on 02 Dec 2019 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Karan M ji,

I already have subject of my thesis planned. 'Impact of BJPs' second rung leadership on the socio-moral fabric' on Kerala.
Should get me smooth entrance, a fierce feminist Malayali guide and few trips to Forrin countries.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:
Karan M ji,

I already have subject of my thesis planned. 'Impact of BJPs' second rung leadership on the socio-moral fabric' on Kerala.
Should get me smooth entrance, a fierce feminist Malayali guide and few trips to Forrin countries.

Seriously, I know few intelligent guys in my college days who didn't join engineering because they couldn't afford the fees.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Business Reformer of the Year: @Dev_Fadnavis , former CM #Maharahstra. #ETAwards

Nov 30
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

GVL Narasimha Rao Verified account @GVLNRAO

Jairam Ramesh says Congress created Shiv Sena & functioned as a B-Team and sleeper cell of @INCIndia to fight rival unions. Saamna goes silent & Uddhav swallows insults to the legacy of Balasaheb Thackeray by sacrificing Self respect for Self preservation.
So Congress admits they chased South Indians from Bombay,Spew venom on Muslims,Vandalised Gujrati,Marwari businesses , Beat up North Indians.....all through their proxy Shiv Sena
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Quite Frankly, getting tired of Uber Hindutva - people like Uddhav Thackerey make a lot of statements for their benefit. Yes BJP, RSS are not perfect but its an imperfect world with lots of constraints. They never comment on INC/ PFI/DK/DMK/ CSI and a whole on interconnected formations, may be they think wiping out RSS/ BJP will be best and then seek justice from the rest.

I guess good luck to them but this constant whining of RSS/BJP and then happily calling other posters Servants is only vistiating the atmosphere here.

Or explain to us lesser souls how the other political forces are better than RSS/BJP like say DMK- their Periyar followers or TMC etc. I have no doubt seeing my whatsapp that most INC/DMK/CPI (M) followers want a post Hindu India. But will ever see Sonia Gandhi, Stalin and Rahul Gandhi states these and even if they do will thier pet Media put these headlines and bombard people, Politics is always talking with a forked tongue, different messages for different target Audience, Like CMP in Marathi and CM in English of the Marathi Agadi, or Pakistani press in Urdu and English. One thing you do not do is make provocative statements to make the opposition base to rally together, hence you make nonsensical speeches , nobody will vote for you, but keeping the opposition voters at HOME is also part of the process. Many here fail to understand this simple logic.

We can see it is to verbally attack your brother/ sister , go for instant gratification rather than play the long haul. If you are economically or miltary weak it is natural you will be finished as a society an open suicidal charge will get you now where, I would love the PAF to keep a target of Bombing Bengaluru alone and not drop a single bomb en route, they should keep flying in Formation with AWACS, tanker fighters with full drop tanks, bomb loads and no AAM's. It will work right- thats what you guys want Indian right center right and right wing to do, all for private agneda.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Congress created Shiv Sena to counter trade unions in 1960s: Jairam Ramesh

I belive there is element of truth to this, people like DIlip Ghosh, Togodia, Promod Mutalik, Karni Sena, Puri Sankaracharya etc are kept alive so any slightly pro Hindu person is dismissed as not Hindu enough, similarly Shiv Sena Valentines day attacks just to make sure young people will never vote against INC. Thats why many of Uber Hindus will only attack Hindus, they will never attack others - thier aim to create self Doubt, dont feel happy , they will rejoice BJP defeats and spew venom - they deserved it. The ROL and ROP vote Banks and clear and dont have such self doubts even when INC ties up with Shiv Sena even though they Know INC will for name sake make pro Hindu statements like Sachin Pilot that INC wants to build Ram Temple- this is a direct speech with a forked tongue.

Talk is cheap it is actions which count.

Willpower for most is based on material well being.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Karthik S wrote:
Vikas wrote:

Seriously, I know few intelligent guys in my college days who didn't join engineering because they couldn't afford the fees.
Private colleges or Govt ones like REC, NIT etc ?
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

chetak wrote:
GVL Narasimha Rao Verified account @GVLNRAO

Jairam Ramesh says Congress created Shiv Sena & functioned as a B-Team and sleeper cell of @INCIndia to fight rival unions. Saamna goes silent & Uddhav swallows insults to the legacy of Balasaheb Thackeray by sacrificing Self respect for Self preservation.
So Congress admits they chased South Indians from Bombay,Spew venom on Muslims,Vandalised Gujrati,Marwari businesses , Beat up North Indians.....all through their proxy Shiv Sena
SS will not be sniping at or bickering with NCP+Cong like they did with BJP.
Saamna will not focus on on Modi Ji and how he is acting like Delhi Sultan.
As fat Ramesh's statement, what he is saying is known to all. SS was created and nurtured by Congress till 1993 and then they went separate ways.
I would love to see how UT handles criticism which never came his or BalaSaheb's way on admin issues.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

What is going on with Pankaja Munde, daughter of Gopinath Munde.
Is she going to quit BJP and join NCP or SS now ?
She is giving enough hints to BJP leadership. Now sure what exactly she wants.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

We dont know and no need to track Individuals
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Vikas wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
Private colleges or Govt ones like REC, NIT etc ?
Govt. BTW, hope govt comes up with 0 percent interest loans for admissions into premier pvt institutions as well. Had a classmate who got into pilani, but didn't join because of the same reason.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I am waiting for UT to go the secessionist route - “we give so much to the center but our money is given away to *******”
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Karan M wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:This channel is talking about what was done during the three days that BJP was in power and why it was necessary. It seems that SS had a plan to try to cancel the bullet train and divert the funds. There was also a plan to move funds from the account to help the farmers. These actions could not have been done by a caretaker overnment. It has been rumored DF did a lot of paperwork during this period of three days. However, I do not know if this story is true, only time will tell:
Gautam
Similar stories are making the rounds on WhatsApp. Claiming BJP was very smart, this was all Chanakyan, SP was scared by Modi etc etc. Sound implausible to be honest.
Here is more of the stuff:
https://www.rediff.com/news/report/fadn ... 191202.htm
Fadnavis made CM to save Centre's Rs 40K cr funds: Anant Kumar Hegde
December 02, 2019 12:08 IST
Former union minister and Bharatiya Janata Party MP Anant Kumar Hegde has claimed his party colleague Devendra Fadnavis was made chief minister in Maharashtra last month despite lacking majority only to 'protect' Rs 40,000 crore central funds under the CM's control from being 'misused'. Days after Fadnavis resigned barely 80 hours after taking oath for the second time as chief minister, Hegde, known for making controversial statements, sought to give a new twist to the episode describing the government formation by the BJP as a 'drama' played out to ensure that the funds meant for development works were 'protected'. "You all know that recently in Maharashtra for just 80 hours our person was chief minister, but soon Fadnavis resigned. Why did we have to do this drama? Didn't we know -- despite knowing we don't have majority, why did he become CM? This is the question commonly every one ask," Hegde said.
Addressing a gathering, reportedly during a campaign in bypoll-bound Yellapur in Uttara Kannada district on Saturday, he said, "More than about Rs 40,000 crore was under CM's control. If Nationalist Congress Party, Congress and Shiv Sena come to power certainly that Rs 40,000 crore would not have gone for development work and would have gone for different things (misused)."
"It was entirely planned earlier itself. Once we got to know (about three parties forming government) it was decided that a drama has to be played out. So, adjustments were made and oath was taken (by Fadnavis as CM); after oath within 15 hours Fadnavis systematically ensured that it (money) reaches where it had to and protected it," the BJP leader said, speaking in Kannada.
Gautam
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Aditya_V wrote:We dont know and no need to track Individuals
We ???

Important individual need to be tracked. Why do you think otherwise Scindia was being tracked.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

So I went thru lot many online newspaper to read the Op-ed by various political analysts and journalists.
One common theme I saw was advice to BJP to change strategy (be less brash and cocky) and not disturb the incumbent govt and let it complete its term.
The second running theme was advice to UT to become more secular, inclusive and tame Shiv-Sainiks. Also that UT should join Sonia-Front formally and let local satraps resist BJP hegemony across India with support and help from Congress.

Compare this with the advice they normally dish out to Congress where it asked to become more aggressive, point out BJP govt failures and generally become more assertive.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

I meant no need to break our heads, we should be careful with anyone who defects away now
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.rediff.com/news/report/fadn ... 191202.htm
Fadnavis made CM to save Centre's Rs 40K cr funds: Anant Kumar Hegde
My impression about this guy is that he is a loud mouth. Being loudmouth is not bad by itself but being loudmouth to show how great or connected you are does not serve any purpose.

1. IIRC, he has made so many tangential comments in the past that it is difficult for me personally to trust his words.
2. Was there a need to take credit?
3. Will the credit help BJP get more votes in either Karnataka or Maharashtra?
4. Can a caretaker CM take such a decision?
5. If it is true, it can also be spun as Center stealing Maharashtra's money. The fact that is was Center's money gets lost in the din.

How phenomenally unthinking can leaders he? Why is it so difficult to admin that BJP was outplayed by Pawarful rather than invent CTs to protect H&D? In certain situation it is needed but not in this case.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Vikas wrote:So I went thru lot many online newspaper to read the Op-ed by various political analysts and journalists.
One common theme I saw was advice to BJP to change strategy (be less brash and cocky) and not disturb the incumbent govt and let it complete its term.
The second running theme was advice to UT to become more secular, inclusive and tame Shiv-Sainiks. Also that UT should join Sonia-Front formally and let local satraps resist BJP hegemony across India with support and help from Congress.

Compare this with the advice they normally dish out to Congress where it asked to become more aggressive, point out BJP govt failures and generally become more assertive.
CON Media toadies should shove their advice up their ...

1. They really feel that "their" government is still in danger despite having a clear majority and to an extent the fear is valid.
2. Sena has already move a bit but wont go to their place of comfort. Its old image will not disappear overnight nor its carder be pacified. Sena has a delicate balancing act to perform if it wants to survive in Maha as a major political entity. The CON media toadies are daydreaming.

First was "Secularism == Hindu Rashtra" and now this,
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1201048965279449090
ANI @ANI

Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray: I have learnt a lot of things from Devendra Fadvanis and I will always be friends with him. I am still with the ideology of 'Hindutva' and won't ever leave it. In past 5 years, I've never betrayed the govt.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?
Day after industrialist Rahul Bajaj’s comments, BJP minister claims ‘fake narratives’ being created
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Sachin wrote:What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?
Day after industrialist Rahul Bajaj’s comments, BJP minister claims ‘fake narratives’ being created
Moving on from selling BS stage III Vehicles to BS VI vehicles has hitting him really hard.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Bajaj had donated 3 crores to AAP. Moving to Maharashtra, Money minting has started:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/maharas ... ay-2141611
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Sachin wrote:What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?
Bajaj is a Congress pasand company through and through. They have huge portraits and posters of Gandhi, and I think Nehru too though I dont remember that entirely, at their headquarters. When I used to work there it was joke among the employees that we are working at a Congress company.
Just see the video of Rahul Bajaj fawning over Rahul Gandhi a couple of years back. They've always been like that.
ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Post by ArjunPandit »

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:
Karan M ji,

same here.. although you may find myself earlier..although my topic thesis topic would be more in line with the ethos of JNU
role of Stalin, Mao and Xi in increasing the average human life expectancy and as a limiting factor on evils of capitalism...