2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vijayk »

Fadvanis is definitely a great deliverer. What happened there?

iMac_too
@iMac_too
Not ONE Marathi TV channel or newspaper is neutral forget pro-BJP. Merciless bashing 24*7. It's a miracle BJP pulled it off
During state elections a lot factors come in including caste/local issues. You have to deliver but also need to be locally cognizant of the regional feelings. The scum media has learned for 70 years how to screw Hindus by putting one against another and help Islamists/Mercenary missionaries and Italians
iMac_too
@iMac_too
Finally. Monkey of '99 is off the back. Two consecutive saffron terms will permanently change the dynamics on ground. If you ask me, it's stupendous achievement to retain power in Maharashtra. Many people don't have idea how difficult a task it was
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

So BJP is still by far the biggest party in Haryana. With incumbency in Dilli how tough can it be to buy 6 seat-winners from the 18 "other parties"? A bridge here, a road there, funds for 100,000 pakistans?
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Frankly, the average Indian, at least for State elections, gives more weightage to caste, freebies, reservations etc. Not governance.

Haryana: it was about Jats, their agitation, Khattar not being "one of them"
Fadnavis: stellar governance. No comparison with the NCP/Congress looters & losers. Still couldn't sweep

The most important lesson BJP must learn, IMHO, is that they must wipe out all traces of Congress in any part of India where BJP is in power for the next 5 years. Use saam, dhaan, bhed & dhand techniques. The Congress snake must be eradicated & never allowed to rear its head. Opposition must be in disarray. The douches who want a "strong opposition" sat on their musharrafs when a single party looted India for 65 years with "no opposition".

This is where Khattar/Shah/Modi 2.0, hopefully will not repeat the mistakes of the previous term. Hooda & Vadra must have been in prison by now! Already, we can see that Congress was lacklustre in election preparation because the barmaid was busy paying panic-visits to DK Shivakumar & Chidambaram.

Keep the termite queen & her hired-goons on the defensive, get them to backstab each other & let them wake in cold sweat each day. In the meanwhile, decimate/demoralize their party workers & steal their good leaders in each State.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

At the rural level, people still stick to their jatis. More so in Haryana where Jats seem to have voted for Hooda or Chautala. Even in MH, Marathas have stuck with NCP. The narrative at Lok Sabha elections has chnaged to look above caste equations and vote for country. Not so much at state level. I think BJP would have been better off going alone in MH. Fadnavis may not be as nationalist or Hindutvavadi like Shah or Yogi but he has delivered way beyond expectation on infrastructure and development. Sena just capatalized on BJPs image. But I get an impression that their core base is eroding. If Bjp-Sena core base has to choose between the two, Sena would fare very badly.
vish_mulay
BRFite

Post by vish_mulay »

My take on MH elections. First the major difference from 2014 was that BJP fought only on 143+20 allies seats. Many seats which were given because of pre poll alliance to SS, did not fare well. Mostly because people who would have voted for bjp, did not transfer their votes to ss. It happened in north MH where ncp made good gain. People do not understand how strong congress and ncp had hold at the local levels so much so that this is the first non congress govt to come back to power. Old fox had to run from pillar to post, just to retain his % vote share. What a fall from king maker for 35 yrs to a sorry old man without legacy. He threw everything including cast wars, Maratha reservation and farmer agitations towards the Cm who was not even mla before becoming CM. The small sanghi boy ate whole Congress patronage system and congress and ncp combined are less than bjp tally. Add on 16 independent candidates were bjp candidates who were ignored. Even before results came out, they had supported Fadnavis. Rest all is maya! Old fox is betting ss with CMship. I wish they take the bet. In 2 yrs there will be another election and SS will be wiped out good from MH scene.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Santosh wrote:At the rural level, people still stick to their jatis. More so in Haryana where Jats seem to have voted for Hooda or Chautala. Even in MH, Marathas have stuck with NCP. The narrative at Lok Sabha elections has chnaged to look above caste equations and vote for country. Not so much at state level. I think BJP would have been better off going alone in MH. Fadnavis may not be as nationalist or Hindutvavadi like Shah or Yogi but he has delivered way beyond expectation on infrastructure and development. Sena just capatalized on BJPs image. But I get an impression that their core base is eroding. If Bjp-Sena core base has to choose between the two, Sena would fare very badly.

You sure about that, looks like SS kept its tally but it's bJP whose numbers are down.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

vijayk wrote:get better CMs with strong ideological background too.
Many in BJP get ideological only during elections, then they won't touch anything remotely ideological.
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

kittoo wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
There are Muslim majority seats in Maharashtra too? Surprised.
Plenty. Parts of Mumbai are no-go areas for Hindus. Jalgaon, Malegaon, Aurangabad are all Muslim majority areas
Santosh
BRFite

Post by Santosh »

Karthik S wrote:
Santosh wrote:At the rural level, people still stick to their jatis. More so in Haryana where Jats seem to have voted for Hooda or Chautala. Even in MH, Marathas have stuck with NCP. The narrative at Lok Sabha elections has chnaged to look above caste equations and vote for country. Not so much at state level. I think BJP would have been better off going alone in MH. Fadnavis may not be as nationalist or Hindutvavadi like Shah or Yogi but he has delivered way beyond expectation on infrastructure and development. Sena just capatalized on BJPs image. But I get an impression that their core base is eroding. If Bjp-Sena core base has to choose between the two, Sena would fare very badly.

You sure about that, looks like SS kept its tally but it's bJP whose numbers are down.
How? SS won 56/124. BJP won 105/150.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Santosh wrote:
Karthik S wrote:[/b]

How? SS won 56/124. BJP won 105/150.
everyone including the presstitute and soldout press is only talking about the BJP's 2014 numbers Vs the 2019 numbers, slyly omitting the fact that the BJP in 2014 had contested a much larger number of seats on its own and won a larger number of seats because of that.

if anything, its the SS numbers that have dragged down the coalition numbers.

This should be a lesson that "friendly fights" are OK but this unrealistic seat sharing with "allies" is counterproductive.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

<Mah>
My uninformed guess is that SS is not going out of NDA. They have a future of expanding their base post demise of NCP but once they go Green, They lose their sheen.
BTW SS is what brings muscle to Hindu causes in Mumbai at least, Loutness be damned.

<Haryana>
I wont be surprised if we see defection from JJP and INLD in near future towards whosoever ends up forming the govt.
Khattar did good work but looks like people weren't thrilled. This whole argument of core voter staying home doesn't cut.
Anyways 2nd election is always hard for most of the CM's unless you are Naveen Patanaik.
With Devi Lal family back in business, It would be very hard for 3 parties to survive in a small state like Haryana. We will see one of the 3 parties losing vote bank quickly.
I would say that Bharat is still driven by caste lines (Among Hindus) and Patriarchy in the absence of any wave or Modi Ji. What we saw in HR was manifestation of the same.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Vikas wrote: Anyways 2nd election is always hard for most of the CM's unless you are Naveen Patanaik.
Not fair sir jee :(( , you forgot to mention the the Platinum standard here.
the one & only NAMO. :D
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

CRamS wrote:In many ways, I am more disappointed at the Maha result no matter what spin ModiJi/Shah/Fadnavis put out on strike rate. Reason being that Maha is a big and strategically important state nationally, and more worryingly, BJP has to depend on those Shiv Sena louts. I can't stand those jokers. They can be constant drag on BJP.
I share the emotion but at the end win is a win. NCP+Cong have deep roots in across MH over the decades when BJP was just a newborn. SS worked tirelessly hard under tall leadership of Bal Thackeray to establish itself as opposition. Imagine the tough job that. NCP+Cong are not just politicians, politics is a derivative of web of businesses they have established at village levels. This is above and beyond ideology. To break into that you need 15-20 years of continuous rule of BJP.

BJP cannot grow organically in MH. Period. There is a limit and SS realized that limit long ago. Only way forward is slowly parasite the ecosystem.

This is not a grand win, sure, but it is a huge achievement to retain the power. You lose one term and all your progress undone. Start from blackboard again.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

Santosh wrote:If Bjp-Sena core base has to choose between the two, Sena would fare very badly.
My reading is the adjustment of core is already done between BJP and SS over last decade. Whoever are now supporting, majority will stay with their respective party.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Looks like aimim has won couple in MH and one in BH. Guys, keep an eye on it, this party comes from razakars. Anyone from Hyd would know their mentality. in 10 years time, when the now 8 9 years old will be eligible to vote, we can see many MPs and MLAs from that party in parliament and assemblies. How things will be then is anyone's guess.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

abhijitm wrote:
Santosh wrote:If Bjp-Sena core base has to choose between the two, Sena would fare very badly.
My reading is the adjustment of core is already done between BJP and SS over last decade. Whoever are now supporting, majority will stay with their respective party.
to conclusively test this premise, both parties have to contest from all the seats at the same time.

It's only then that the wheat will get clearly separated from the chaff.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Karthik S wrote:Looks like aimim has won couple in MH and one in BH. Guys, keep an eye on it, this party comes from razakars. Anyone from Hyd would know their mentality. in 10 years time, when the now 8 9 years old will be eligible to vote, we can see many MPs and MLAs from that party in parliament and assemblies. How things will be then is anyone's guess.
Arthashastra, a.k.a Raja Dharma, dictates that such evil is nipped in the bud. But it requires an iron will.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Vikas wrote:<Mah>
My uninformed guess is that SS is not going out of NDA. They have a future of expanding their base post demise of NCP but once they go Green, They lose their sheen.
BTW SS is what brings muscle to Hindu causes in Mumbai at least, Loutness be damned.

<Haryana>
I wont be surprised if we see defection from JJP and INLD in near future towards whosoever ends up forming the govt.
Khattar did good work but looks like people weren't thrilled. This whole argument of core voter staying home doesn't cut.
Anyways 2nd election is always hard for most of the CM's unless you are Naveen Patanaik.
With Devi Lal family back in business, It would be very hard for 3 parties to survive in a small state like Haryana. We will see one of the 3 parties losing vote bank quickly.
I would say that Bharat is still driven by caste lines (Among Hindus) and Patriarchy in the absence of any wave or Modi Ji. What we saw in HR was manifestation of the same.
somewhere BJP also need to introspect on whether economy and jobs did played a role in this numbers; either they can give such arguments and say All is well or see actual ground issues and work to rectify it

i see them as best party to run the nation but economy is something they have to seriously work up on; middle class is there voter base and they fill the pinch when economy is weak
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nits wrote:
Vikas wrote:<Mah>

<Haryana>
somewhere BJP also need to introspect on whether economy and jobs did played a role in this numbers; either they can give such arguments and say All is well or see actual ground issues and work to rectify it

i see them as best party to run the nation but economy is something they have to seriously work up on; middle class is there voter base and they fill the pinch when economy is weak

the rural voter in the sugar belt has been inundated with money by people involved in the PMC coop bank scam.

otherwise the main accused would not have managed to win by such huge margins.

yes, there is a slowdown, farmer distress and floods due to reasons beyond anyone's control. These are acknowledged global phenomena and to say that it is very specific to BJP rule is disingenuous.

The Modi govt has started to pushback against the slowdown and distress but at the same time it has to be acknowledged that these are the very conditions in which the commie/naxal/left always find their very familiar breeding grounds and start to stir up trouble.

if anyone followed the crazed "advice" from carrot, daniel raja and yechury, we would be headed down that very path taken by venezuela, the path to destruction, perdition, and doom

whatever anyone may do, there is no satisfying the middle class.

these frustrated buggers simply have no say because they just do not vote in sufficient numbers for the politicos to sit up and take notice of them and so, their domestic servants end up getting a better deal from the politicos than they do
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Mollick.R wrote:
Vikas wrote: Anyways 2nd election is always hard for most of the CM's unless you are Naveen Patanaik.
Not fair sir jee :(( , you forgot to mention the the Platinum standard here.
the one & only NAMO. :D
Sadharan Manushya :mrgreen: , NaMo's political legacy belongs to the pantheons of immortals now. No one can match him on any matrix. Comparing others with him would be so unfair to them.

He shall always remain 'The One we all were waiting for'.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Have you seen this kind of positive debate about RSS on our Media channels?

watch video

https://twitter.com/friendsofrss/status ... 3950047232
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

BJP's performance in Maha in this election mirrored it performance in 2014. To that extent the performance was good. I don't get the negativity!

2014: BJP 122
2019: BJP 105 + 15 (BJP rebels) = 120

OTOH, NCP/CON performance did get better but the reason is realignment rather than any anger against the Maha CM. Last time, Muslims had 3 choices, the NCP, the CON and the MIM+VMA (Bhim party .. whatever it is called). The vote slit.

This time there was NCP+CON and there was NO MIM+VMA (or whatever). The choice for Muslims was very easy this time and they voted tactically to lift the numbers for NCP/CON.

Simple! People are falling for the media narrative without applying their mind!

Could the BJP have done better? Of course there were issues within BJP and BJP/SS but there was NO anger against the BJP/SS government.
Last edited by pankajs on 25 Oct 2019 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Is there more anger against Congress on BRF halls whereas Ordinary Abdul still treats them like any other political party ?
Hence we keep seeing Congress bouncing back although with less bounce every few election cycles. e.g. In HR or MH, Those who opposed BJP+ rule, They had no other option but to go in for Congress+/JJP.

The only way to bury congress is to create another Opposition party in its place as it happened in TN,WB and BH.

PS: Chaiwala rumor is that Aditya Thackrey may get Dy CM position.
pankajs wrote:BJP's performance in Maha in this election mirrored it performance in 2014. To that extent the performance was good. I don't get the negativity!

2014: BJP ~120 (IIRC)
2019: BJP 105 + 15 (BJP rebels)

Simple! People are falling for the media narrative without applying their mind!

Could the BJP have done better? Of course there were issues within BJP and BJP/SS but there was NO anger against the BJP/SS government.
Very True, A lot of times, Govts not always get voted out because they were bad or voters were dissatisfied but sometimes opposition had better caste combination and money power or a state voters derive this sadistic pleasure of kicking out incumbent every time (e.g KL or UP or PB).
Last edited by Vikas on 25 Oct 2019 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

One can be never more perfect while people demanding more perfection. The trick is to present yourself as better perfect than other 'perfects' out there.

coming to economy, it is the core of congi-eco system. modiji never going to fix it. only option for him is to come up with his own economy. he should recreate baba ramdev model and create big companies run by pro-bjp folks. more than bjp, these businesses should be run by sangh. sadly, it will never happen. sangh is totally unfit for modern world.

to make impact, bjp need to capture the economy. otherwise, same story will run for decades.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Vikas wrote:Is there more anger against Congress on BRF halls whereas Ordinary Abdul still treats them like any other political party ?
Hence we keep seeing Congress bouncing back although with less bounce every few election cycles. e.g. In HR or MH, Those who opposed BJP+ rule, They had no other option but to go in for Congress+/JJP.

The only way to bury congress is to create another Opposition party in its place as it happened in TN,WB and BH.

PS: Chaiwala rumor is that Aditya Thackrey may get Dy CM position.
In Maha, the CON did not benefit from the consolidation of anti-BJP vote. Most of the benefit went to NCP (+13) vs CON (+2).

Is NCP any better than CON? Its link to D-gang, its castist politics, etc are all the same. Pawar spread the fake news of a blast inside a Mosque to guilt trip the Yindus during the Mumbai serial blast. Is TMC any better than CON?

OTOH, as is the case with BJP, a pan India party will out of necessity have to "dilute" its ideological outlook/program to cater to a diverse electorate that a SS or a TMC or a DMK does not have to. Infact, if one follows the election analysis, one will notice that BJP's much performs better against the CON in a head to head fight than most regional party.

There is no easy answer.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

pankajs wrote: There is no easy answer.
+100 to that.

It ain't easy being ML Khattar or DF.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

syam wrote:One can be never more perfect while people demanding more perfection. The trick is to present yourself as better perfect than other 'perfects' out there.

coming to economy, it is the core of congi-eco system. modiji never going to fix it. only option for him is to come up with his own economy. he should recreate baba ramdev model and create big companies run by pro-bjp folks. more than bjp, these businesses should be run by sangh. sadly, it will never happen. sangh is totally unfit for modern world.

to make impact, bjp need to capture the economy. otherwise, same story will run for decades.
1. Modi will have to dismantle the CON/NCP patronage system. Is already a work in progress.
2. What is this "come up with his own economy"? Modi needs to build a parallel economy!
3. Are you serious with "create big companies run by pro-bjp folks"? Replicate China in India!

Every line of the above is comment worthy and not is a positive way. Please don't write on things you clearly don't understand.
Last edited by pankajs on 25 Oct 2019 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Per Turdesai, in Haryana, Jats + SC + Muslims ~ 60% of votes

The results can simply be explained as

1. Jats consolidate away from BJP. The number of Jat BJP candidate win should confirm that.

2. SC split away from the BJP. Probable reasons
2a. Ram Rahim's arrest turned Dera's supporters, who were mostly SCs, away from BJP.
2b. Recently a Temple was demolished on SC order in/around Delhi of some saint, IIRC a SC saint. Possible anger against BJP.
Again, the number of SC wins on BJP ticket should confirm this.

These 2 factors could easily account for the BJP slippage in this election. Rest is all hawa bazi. The media is as usual peddling nonsense to spread gloom in the middle class who watch tv and read news.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

somdev wrote:Saheb has proven once again that he is still relevant in Maharashtra. Also, Hoodaji kept the Gandhi family out to a great extent during campaigning and got good results for his party in Haryana!
The advantage for BJP with "Sabeh" proving his relevance are as follows

1. "Sabeh" is a one man army and will leave the scene sooner than later. The party will not survive beyond him and the vote-catcher and the votes will shift.

2. "Sabeh" has good equations with Modi. Wasn't it "Sabeh" who supplied outside support when the BJP was at war with SS after the 2014 elections?

ALL iz Bhell is Maharastra.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:Per Turdesai, in Haryana, Jats + SC + Muslims ~ 60% of votes

The results can simply be explained as

1. Jats consolidate away from BJP. The number of Jat BJP candidate win should confirm that.

2. SC split away from the BJP. Probable reasons
2a. Ram Rahim's arrest turned Dera's supporters, who were mostly SCs, away from BJP.
2b. Recently a Temple was demolished on SC order in/around Delhi of some saint, IIRC a SC saint. Possible anger against BJP.
Again, the number of SC wins on BJP ticket should confirm this.

These 2 factors could easily account for the BJP slippage in this election. Rest is all hawa bazi. The media is as usual peddling nonsense to spread gloom in the middle class who watch tv and read news.
Just forgot to mention ...

BJP itself did some hawa bazi, both in Maha and Haryana and that is reflected in the results. BJP extrapolated its 2019 results to the Assembly.

What happened is not a bad outcome if one is a BJP supporters. The hubris was crushed and the hawa was deflated and even while the states were retained. Modi too starts reaching for the Sun at time and this is the best kind of grounding. Best of both worlds.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

With deep regret, The Chindu reports..
Haryana Lokhit Party, Independents to support BJP, says MLA Gopal Kanda
So net to net, BJP has now won two more state level elections and would be forming the governments. We can debate about the vote share, loss of seats etc; and I am sure that BJP also would be doing the same. One lesson for BJP perhaps would be to understand that state level elections are decided based on state level parameters and national level issues may not get the same weightage. And too much dependence on Na.Mo sooner or later needs to be changed.

Mean while some happenings which may have an impact on other religion's issues as well.
SC seeks response of Centre on plea for Muslim women’s entry into mosques
Let us see how central govt responds to, and how unqiue aspects of other religions also gets vivisected by the judiciary. Whether it is a case of gender bias or traditions/belief system specific to religious places etc.
Karthik S wrote:Looks like aimim has won couple in MH and one in BH. Guys, keep an eye on it, this party comes from razakars. Anyone from Hyd would know their mentality.
AIMIM getting more seats may also polarise more Hindus towards BJP.
syam
BRFite

Post by syam »

I was giving alternative solutions to fix economy and keep the party in power. they are not my personal views.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Looks like aimim has won couple in MH and one in BH. Guys, keep an eye on it, this party comes from razakars. Anyone from Hyd would know their mentality.
AIMIM getting more seats may also polarise more Hindus towards BJP.
I know, I saw how it woke up certain non political yindoos when chote miyan said about removing police for 15 mins. But what after their usefulness in polarizing has run its course? They may be useful to our cause now, but after that ?
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/pbhushan1/status/11 ... 7658428416
Prashant Bhushan @pbhushan1

So now we know that C-Voter run by Deshmukh is a bogus polling agency. They predicted 83 for BJP & 3 for Cong in Haryana! But actually they are neck & neck!
https://twitter.com/YRDeshmukh/status/1 ... 1531126784
Yashwant Deshmukh @YRDeshmukh

Prashant ji, when I get it right I don't blow my trumpet. And if I get it wrong, I humbly admit it and try to work harder.

Being a big-shot SC lawyer, even you don't win every case. I won't say you are a bogus lawyer, midnight petitions to save terrorists notwithstanding.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/amishra77/status/11 ... 1368311809
Akhilesh Mishra @amishra77

PM Modi reminding everyone of where BJP was Maharashtra and Haryana just 5 years ago.

In Haryana, never formed government. Ever. And now not just retained power but returned with bigger vote share.

Lesson: Don't let the Hooda funded middlemen misguide you on the results.
Anti Modi/BJP media will always spin any news to make Modi/BJP look awful. Don't buy the media narrative. Buy their data and do your own thinking. Sample ..

https://twitter.com/iMac_too/status/1187287620419637249
iMac_too @iMac_too

If you watch Marathi channels right now no one will blame you if you thought Pawar has won the election by 2/3 mandate & BJP lost deposits in 150 seats
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

Breaking- SAR Geelanai Died due to cardiac arrest

8:16 AM - 24 Oct 2019
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote: Mean while some happenings which may have an impact on other religion's issues as well.
SC seeks response of Centre on plea for Muslim women’s entry into mosques
Let us see how central govt responds to, and how unqiue aspects of other religions also gets vivisected by the judiciary. Whether it is a case of gender bias or traditions/belief system specific to religious places etc.
pass the buck to the govt for non Hindu religious matters

Did the hizzonners ask for the inputs of the GoI for the Sabarimala case.

if not, then why ask now
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

I was meaning to put this out on the forum for a couple of days now but forgot. The above post served as a reminder.

I have this sneaky suspicion that Modi/BJP/RSS had encouraged the petition that lead to the SC judgement on women's entry in Sabarimala. IIRC, both BJP and RSS initially welcomed the SC judgement. That is the initial seed for this post. My suspicion is that both BJP and RSS would have taken credit for it if it had been accepted by the Yindus of Kerala.

My suspicion is because in the process of consolidating the Yindus the Modi/BJP/RSS tend to promote sameness on cultural values. I do remember Modi frowning on Animal sacrifice in the Army that lead to it stoppage as a concrete example of that.

It is one thing to have a belief and quite another to impose his view on an organ of the GOI that had a different tradition. At some level Modi/BJP/RSS don't seem to appreciate the diversity of the Indian culture and would prefer sameness at some level, for example gender equality across all temples without understanding the tradition.

Now, in my view, this view of their is not out of malice, unlike that of the communist, but rather ignorance and trying to live up to the "liberal", "progressive" benchmark. Now, I must also note that this self-certification against liberal benchmark is a very unconscious process given how accepted the benchmarks have become across the globe. We all tend to confirm to one degree or another.

Before I am misunderstood, I must also state here that I an not against any change that is driven by liberal consensus but I am against unthinking acceptance of so called liberal values without a robust debate on the pros and cons and the limits.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

https://twitter.com/RatanSharda55/statu ... 0658043904
Ratan Sharda @RatanSharda55

#AIADMK wresting both seats from #DMK - shows salute to Karunanidhi is done. #Stalin has lost base due to poisonous anti #Hindu rants & acts. Next election could see BJP-AIADMK win.
I am not sure about the rest of the analysis but AIADMK wresting seats from DMK is good news.

https://twitter.com/himantabiswa/status ... 9454869505
Himanta Biswa Sarma @himantabiswa

Happy that we retained all 3 assembly seats of #Assam ~ #Rangapara, #Ratabari & #Sonari by huge margins.

Grateful to people of Assam for your continued faith in vision of PM Sri @narendramodi

Congratulations & wishes to @BorthakurRajen ,@BjpBijoy & Nabanita Handique.
Glad tidings given the negative press following the NRC circus.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

here is the venomous lootyens presstitute and his "concern"