2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by Karthik S »

Sachin wrote:
ramana wrote:Do you think BJP got 303 and NDA got 353 without know how politics runs?
A.Shah and Na.Mo are smarter politicians than poor me. But Na.Mo etc. are also having a huge popularity because of Mr. Clean image - which he and his entire cabinet in last Lok Sabha managed to have. My only wish (if I can wish) is that they should not sully that image by accomodating various aaya rams & gaya rams in the party. I understand about the Rajya Sabha part etc.
Bigger question, all this dilution of so called saffron (was it ever a saffron to begin with) by adding seculars with all kinds of shady past for RS numbers is to achieve what? I hope it's not just to hold on to power but take some well required corrections starting from constitution.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Karthik S wrote:
Sachin wrote: A.Shah and Na.Mo are smarter politicians than poor me. But Na.Mo etc. are also having a huge popularity because of Mr. Clean image - which he and his entire cabinet in last Lok Sabha managed to have. My only wish (if I can wish) is that they should not sully that image by accomodating various aaya rams & gaya rams in the party. I understand about the Rajya Sabha part etc.
Bigger question, all this dilution of so called saffron (was it ever a saffron to begin with) by adding seculars with all kinds of shady past for RS numbers is to achieve what? I hope it's not just to hold on to power but take some well required corrections starting from constitution.
i don't really think that "seculars with all kinds of shady past" are going to be in any position to dictate the core policies.

They may wag their tails in their local areas where the damage is limited and contained.

The real work is done in the LS and the RS.

the sickular peoples and the lootyens liberandus are slowly realizing the enormity of Modi's popularity and really catholic (synonyms: diverse, diversified, wide, broad, broad-based) spread of AS's political lethality.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

The real power is in Indian operatives of foreign agencies

Foreign funds/Contributions received by Lawyers' Collective (Indira Jaising and Anand Grover while both working for Govt. as Solicitor Generals), #FCRA-NGO, (FCRA cancelled in Dec. 2016), MH/83780742 since 2006.

Today CBI raids on Jaisingh and Grover.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

KL Dubey wrote:It looks like the INC is melting down in one state after the other.

GA already gone. KA in shambles, seems all but ready to fold.

If KA gets back in saffron column, I would certainly watch MP, and also MH where it looks like NDA is a comfortable position for the Oct 2019 elections. There might well be an exodus from the INC before the election.

The rebels had filed a petition in the SC yesterday praying for directions to the KAR speaker to consider their resignations at the earliest.

The SC has said that the cases of resignation must be considered by the speaker who has to meet the rebels by 6PM today.

The KAR speaker has filed an urgent appeal in the SC asking for it to be heard by 2PM today saying that the SC cannot direct the KAR speaker to do this.

The SC has refused the urgent hearing plea and has clubbed the speaker's case with the rebels case which is to be heard tomorrow, thereby lobbing the live grenade back into the KAR speaker's lap.

The honorable governor has frozen the GoK and said that the GoK cannot anymore take decisions as it is a minority govt. The whole sale hundreds of "transfers" taking place daily and the proceeds of such "transfers" being carted away by the sackfull by a dynastic party has prompted him to act.

The rebels are currently en route to bangalore by a chartered flight having asked for full security from the GoK.

Scene 2, act 1 will start when they land in Bangalore with "troubleshooters" buzzing around them like flies on honey.

all in all, when considered in the light of total cumulative shenanigans by the congis taken globally and introspection of the larger scheme of things since 1947 when India's fledgling democracy was openly stolen in broad daylight by a bunch of no good scoundrels and dynasts including foreigners (and patronizing by the state of "minorities" who falsified our civilizational history and tried to whitewash and obliterate it by producing a communist/islamofacist version of a false and imagined utopian version of history), operating with impunity over the last 70 years openly and shamelessly aligned to interests deeply inimical to India and her interests and such BIF originating primarily in southern europe, a few of the openly and allegedly secular countries in the continent of europe, the british isles and the gulf, the BJP are mere prattling toddlers in kindergarten.

payback is good because this is exactly how the congis did it too, and politically as well as metomorphically speaking, the time has arrived for throwing the congis collectively under the bus so it may be for the best not to look too closely at the bus.

critically looking only at the bus and ignoring all else has been a peculiar historical failure of the Hindus. we never follow through and haven't yet understood completely/appreciated fully the many other admirable functions of the said bus, even though we have spent centuries and hundereds of generations looking at life from under the bus.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Anti-India Groups Claiming To Be NGOs Fume As Funds From Pakistan Dry Up, Says Report
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/anti-indi ... ays-report
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

As expected, the KAR speaker has seen the rebels, taken the resignations in the proper format and said that he needs time to ascertain the genuineness of the same.

he was quite dismissive of the SC and said that he has informed the SC about the actions that he has taken and also sent to the SC videography of the proceedings in his office.

The whip will be issued and the disqualifications may well follow including disbarment from the holding of electoral office for some years.

The SC may well see many more cases filed from KAR.

KAR is simply too big an ATM to lose for the dynasts with their backs to the wall.

an easier option may be to simply split the JDS.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Was watching today's drama at Bangalore quite closely. The MLAs landed up by flight, was rushed through to Vidhana Soudha with heavy police bandobust and reached Speaker's office by 1805Hrs. Then there was the closed door meeting for nearly an hour. The MLAs have now gone back via the same air craft they came in. But even after all this;
Govt is ready to face no-confidence motion: HDK
Karnataka crisis LIVE | Speaker says he needs time to examine to see if the resignations are genuine
The above two reports do indicate that the game is not over. The speaker still doubts the genuiness of resignation letters which was given to him in person by the MLAs. Now what test is he going to do to test its genuiness? :). Looks like the "seculars" have some confidence in tomorrow's court hearing. Don't know perhaps a few of the BJP MLAs too can absent themselves during tomorrow's session, and the no-confidence motion may not pass.
chetak wrote:The whip will be issued and the disqualifications may well follow including disbarment from the holding of electoral office for some years.
Are the whips applicable to MLAs who have resigned? They have given their resignations to the speaker. Secondly, they have still not been expelled from the party. And there is no rule which talks about disbarment from holding electoral offices. That is; there is no law which says that a person who jumped ships from party A to B cannot stand for elections for next n years.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

darshan wrote:Anti-India Groups Claiming To Be NGOs Fume As Funds From Pakistan Dry Up, Says Report
We are making a very major mistake in allowing FFNGOs and FFNGO/FRCA supported local NGOs to file PILs and other cases in our judicial system where the BIF have nefarious interests to protect or bring to fruitful legislation, anti India laws and rulings.

kudunkoolam and sterlite come to mind where there are clear, traceable and proven BIF interference.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:Was watching today's drama at Bangalore quite closely. The MLAs landed up by flight, was rushed through to Vidhana Soudha with heavy police bandobust and reached Speaker's office by 1805Hrs. Then there was the closed door meeting for nearly an hour. The MLAs have now gone back via the same air craft they came in. But even after all this;
Govt is ready to face no-confidence motion: HDK
Karnataka crisis LIVE | Speaker says he needs time to examine to see if the resignations are genuine
The above two reports do indicate that the game is not over. The speaker still doubts the genuiness of resignation letters which was given to him in person by the MLAs. Now what test is he going to do to test its genuiness? :). Looks like the "seculars" have some confidence in tomorrow's court hearing. Don't know perhaps a few of the BJP MLAs too can absent themselves during tomorrow's session, and the no-confidence motion may not pass.
chetak wrote:The whip will be issued and the disqualifications may well follow including disbarment from the holding of electoral office for some years.
Are the whips applicable to MLAs who have resigned? They have given their resignations to the speaker. Secondly, they have still not been expelled from the party. And there is no rule which talks about disbarment from holding electoral offices. That is; there is no law which says that a person who jumped ships from party A to B cannot stand for elections for next n years.

the important issue is that the resignations have not yet been accepted.

The whip, if not followed strictly as issued, will lead to severe consequencies for the people not following it.

yesterday, a senior congi minister from KAR made a statement on TV that they will disbar the rebels from the electoral process for a period of six years.

lets wait and watch.

the speaker has a very wide lattitude in such matters and and legislative matters will not be ruffled by the SC.

The very careful wording of the SC order shows the extreme caution in its dealings with the legislative and all it has basically said so far to the KAR speaker is take the resignations and do what you want thereafter.
Last edited by chetak on 11 Jul 2019 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:The whip, if not followed strictly as issued, will lead to severe consequencies for the people not following it.
My understanding is that if whip is not followed then a show cause notice has to be given to the rebels, and they have to respond. And then they can be expelled from the party, which means they will also get thrown out of the assembly (and are no more MLAs). But nothing stops them from joining another party and contesting for elections again. I mean, there is no cool off period. I am willing to be corrected, if I am wrong here though :).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
chetak wrote:The whip, if not followed strictly as issued, will lead to severe consequencies for the people not following it.
My understanding is that if whip is not followed then a show cause notice has to be given to the rebels, and they have to respond. And then they can be expelled from the party, which means they will also get thrown out of the assembly (and are no more MLAs). But nothing stops them from joining another party and contesting for elections again. I mean, there is no cool off period. I am willing to be corrected, if I am wrong here though :).
doesn't the legislature have the powers to punish

how did the odisha legislature imprison Abhijit Iyer-Mitra,Verified account
@Iyervval for 20-30 days
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

chetak wrote:doesn't the legislature have the powers to punish
how did the odisha legislature imprison Abhijit Iyer-Mitra,Verified account
@Iyervval for 20-30 days
It does have some limited powers to punish. But in Abhijit's case also he did have the recourse to approach the judiciary. And secondly, his offence was different (was'nt it related to the Konark temple?). The Karnataka speaker cannot take punitive action against MLAs who did not turn up for an assembly session. Speaker has to be a neutral person - not a Congress-wallah. So he suo moto cannot find the actions of the MLAs to be a crime requiring punishment. The party whips are the "marshals" to enforce discipline in the party, but they too only have limited powers.

As far as my understanding; what the MLAs did was nothing legally incorrect (morally - may be yes). No one can say MLAs cannot resign. And as they all said, they have also not resigned from the party; which is a reason for the party to take action against them like disqualification from MLA-ship etc. The party can issue a whip, and see if these folks turn up. If they don't then they can issue show cause notice and perhaps expel them from the party and them ask speaker to disqualify them. Then it is open for them to join another party, and stand for elections again.
Raghunathgb
BRFite

Post by Raghunathgb »

Some of the MLAs who have resigned in Karnataka are highly corrupt. I don't know how bjp will rule clean with those corrupt MLAs who have sold themselves for hefty amount and ministry.Whatever is happening is only creating sympathy for the ruling government.

I think it's time to bring another anti defection law at national level to avoid money hunger MLAs to resign enmass and help government fall. Nearly 20 mla resign and resign for what ? Ministry ? Money ? Rescue in ED cases ? Bjp did the same trick in 2008 and led to its downfall in 2013. Karnataka bjp only survives because of narendra modi image and nothing else.
Last edited by Raghunathgb on 11 Jul 2019 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

the congis have wasted no time at all.

this is psyops, and some of the rebels will panic and maybe return.

Congress asks Karnataka rebel MLAs to vote for coalition, threatens anti-defection law

Congress asks Karnataka rebel MLAs to vote for coalition, threatens anti-defection law

July 11, 2019 20:49 IST

Congress has issued a whip in the Karnataka assembly, Ganesh Hukkeri, and warned all rebel MLAs to vote in favour of the party and the coalition government. The party has also threatened to take action as per the anti-defection law if they do not vote for the party.

The party has asked all rebel MLAs to attend Friday's assembly session to pass the finance bill and other matters, failing which the absent MLAs will be disqualified under the anti-defection law.

Hukkeri has said if there's a need to vote, MLAs must vote in favour of the party. "If there's a violation of this, there would be action as per the anti-defection law," he said.

13 Congress MLAs have resigned so far along with 3 of JD(S). After Speaker KR Ramesh rejected the resignations of 8 MLAs earlier, 10 of them reached his office on Thursday evening after a Supreme Court directive and tendered fresh resignations.

The Speaker later addressed the media after meeting the group of MLAs and said that they have submitted the resignations again, now in the right format.

KR Ramesh added that he will consider the fresh resignations on Thursday night.

The resignation of 16 MLAs (13 from Congress and three from JDS) has pushed the coalition government to the brink of collapse. Two independent MLAs have also withdrawn support to the coalition government.

Meanwhile, JDS has filed an application asking the Speaker to disqualify the three rebel MLAs. The Speaker has said the application is not in the correct format.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Raghunathgb wrote:Some of the MLAs who have resigned in Karnataka are highly corrupt. I don't know how bjp will rule clean with those corrupt MLAs who have sold themselves for hefty amount and ministry.Whatever is happening is only creating sympathy for the ruling government.

I think it's time to bring another anti defection law at national level to avoid money hunger MLAs to resign enmass and help government fall. Nearly 20 mla resign and resign for what ? Ministry ? Money ? Rescue in ED cases ? Bjp did the same trick in 2008 and led to its downfall in 2013. Karnataka bjp only survives because of narendra modi image and nothing else.
no plunder is possible without party involvement because the party usually takes a hefty cut.

some corruption may start quietly in individual pockets but will very soon become known to all in the party.

what makes you think that the party will keep quiet. everyone keenly watches the other as they themselves are also keenly watched.

there is an organised funnelling of money into the party coffers and it happens in all parties. in parties like the smaller one horse types and also regional parties, a lot of money sticks to the top man or woman and is fearfully sent by underlings as offerings to propitiate the supremo.

the BJP will not part with any important ministry as can be seen from Modi 1 as well as Modi 2.

it will also do the same in KAR, if it comes to power.

middlemen will make hay while the sun shines, for sure
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

chetak wrote:
darshan wrote:Anti-India Groups Claiming To Be NGOs Fume As Funds From Pakistan Dry Up, Says Report
We are making a very major mistake in allowing FFNGOs and FFNGO/FRCA supported local NGOs to file PILs and other cases in our judicial system where the BIF have nefarious interests to protect or bring to fruitful legislation, anti India laws and rulings.

kudunkoolam and sterlite come to mind where there are clear, traceable and proven BIF interference.

Who is 'we' kemo sabe!

It's the judiciary that allows the PIL infestation.
GOI is cutting off the FCRA to NGOs and raiding them.
Gives some time to AS who is in charge of MHA now.
BTW he go ED transferred to him from FM.
They have only IT folks.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

The Rise Of ‘Revenge Mob’ Attacks And How To Deal With It https://swarajyamag.com/politics/the-ri ... al-with-it
Verma recommends the police to adopt what is called ‘problem-oriented policing’ (POP) that enables them to proactively create and empower local communities to prevent such mob attacks. “This can be done by ensuring that such communities are involved in the FIR or investigation and conflict resolution,” said Verma, who earlier taught at Indiana University, Bloomington.

"Ideally, political parties should be doing this role but they are even more discredited and play their games for vested interests. Since police have to handle this, it will be wise on their part to come out proactively and adopt this POP to deal with growing mob violence where neighbours are pitted against one another,” he says.

Maulana Dehalvi, on the other hand, says the state must prohibit the media from publishing identities of victims and perpetrators to curb such violence. “Mentioning their names serves no purpose other than promoting communalism. Far from bringing down crime, it creates rift between communities,” he says.
It's not in Hindu interest to hide identities. Islamic low level atrocities had started from day one centuries ago and will continue. There was no media back in those days. It's a civilizational war. Hindus loose focus very fast and that's what these people are counting on by suggesting to hide identities. If VHP like organizations really want to provide alternative to BJP, then they need to show groundwork by taking each atrocity done on Hindus through the judicial system. Recent photo ops in various cities done by them when news cycle is hot is not going to cut it.
rajkumar
BRFite

Post by rajkumar »

ramana wrote:BTW he go ED transferred to him from FM.
When did this happen?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

ramana wrote:
chetak wrote:

Who is 'we' kemo sabe!

It's the judiciary that allows the PIL infestation.
GOI is cutting off the FCRA to NGOs and raiding them.
Gives some time to AS who is in charge of MHA now.
BTW he go ED transferred to him from FM.
They have only IT folks.

the mafia enabled the FFNGO/FRCA supported local NGOs to get involved in the drafting of legislations as well as the piloting of some questionable PILs.

The NAC had mostly BIF members who were largely FFNGO/FRCA funded and was active in this particular endeavour, using the BIF to help in the enlarging the overton window to enable traction

ideally the SC should be accessible only after going through the lower courts and following the established chain.

Its not normal for an allegedly overloaded SC to allow direct access to itself to deal with hundreds of mediocre and motivated PILs, granted that a few may actually be be important enough to engage its judicial time and efforts.

the motivation to do this is questionable and needs to be reversed ASAP. Let the lower courts do their jobs and filter out the chaff so that only the deserving grain reaches the SC.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Indira Jailsingh has been raided. #Blow2Mudi #MudiMustRezine

I am just waiting for the tweet or note from either US SD or its erstwhile cronies. If it does, for me a brick falls in place.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

disha wrote:Indira Jailsingh has been raided. #Blow2Mudi #MudiMustRezine

I am just waiting for the tweet or note from either US SD or its erstwhile cronies. If it does, for me a brick falls in place.
The Indian PRESSTITUTES/BIF forces already trying to rein in international BIF forces

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/cbi- ... 190711.htm
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Would be nice to keep track.of all who signed the letter. And map their network.
With one fell swoop MAD kicked the hornet's nest.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

India Speaks Daily on Jaisingh: https://youtu.be/wKkmDUM016s
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

chetak wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
i don't really think that "seculars with all kinds of shady past" are going to be in any position to dictate the core policies.

They may wag their tails in their local areas where the damage is limited and contained.

The real work is done in the LS and the RS.

the sickular peoples and the lootyens liberandus are slowly realizing the enormity of Modi's popularity and really catholic (synonyms: diverse, diversified, wide, broad, broad-based) spread of AS's political lethality.
That's my point, if all this is just to stay in power or do something concrete, only time will tell btw.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Raghunathgb wrote:Some of the MLAs who have resigned in Karnataka are highly corrupt. I don't know how bjp will rule clean with those corrupt MLAs who have sold themselves for hefty amount and ministry.Whatever is happening is only creating sympathy for the ruling government.
From my understanding of KA politics; every politician is filthy rich and they are also corrupt. In TN and KL, generally senior politicians stick to their parties (be it INC, CPI(M) or BJP), especially if they have become MLAs and MPs etc through the parties. That is not the case in KA, where the politics is totally a different ball game. So we must redefine the word "clean" when it is used in KA politics. We can only take that as "slightly less corrupt than others" or "corrupt but efficient". The KA voters also may prefer the second category.

This time around the BJP has played a very low key game. Even motor mouths like Yeddy is silent and is allowing the game to play to its full extent. Even if this riot is quelled, chances of it repeating is very high. What is getting repeatedly proven is that JD(S) and INC are not in good terms, and INC folks are now openly expecting JD(S) to play the second fiddle. Congress folks wants to run the state as if they are the bigger group.
chetak wrote:Congress asks Karnataka rebel MLAs to vote for coalition, threatens anti-defection law
Today's Deccan Herald (printed edition) had a neat table explaining this. First and foremost, for the rebel MLAs there is no reason to really panic. Their political future is not at stake (considering jumping ships is no big deal in KA). If the resignation is accepted by the speaker, the MLAs will not be able to attend assembly sessions. They will have to contest in another election and then come back. In the case of "disqualification" the same case applies. They will be barred entry to the legislative assemblies, will lose the privileges. But they too can stand for election again and come back. Naturally their earlier party may not allow them as MLAs from that party, but nothing stops another party from accepting them :). For the whip & disqualification to have an effect; the MLAs should be really loyal to Congress & JD(S) and sees a bleak future if the parties expel them. Such a situation is very rare in KA :lol:. The Jarkhiholi brothers, and folks like Bangarappa are examples. Looks like there is no political party in KA, in which Bangarappa was not part off ;) :lol:.

And as I understand all the resigned folks have NOT attended today's legislative assembly session.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:
disha wrote:Indira Jailsingh has been raided. #Blow2Mudi #MudiMustRezine

The Indian PRESSTITUTES/BIF forces already trying to rein in international BIF forces

https://www.rediff.com/news/report/cbi- ... 190711.htm
she is a fraud foundation paltu.

the fraud foundation is far too cunning to expose themselves in this way and they have enormous clout with the SD and all other arms of the GOTUS so expect radio silence for now.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Are the Nehru-Ghandi clan finally abandoning the Indian National Congress? The behaviour of So.Ga and Ra.Ga kind of gives me such an impression.
Congress Asked Sonia Gandhi To Be Temporary Chief. How She Responded.
Looks like the mother & son now do not see it worth while to take up responsible positions in the party. Ra.Ga stepped own, and So.Ga is non committal on taking up any official position. With this Congress will depend on the 2nd ring of courtiers of the Nehru-Ghandi clan like A.K Antony, Ghulam Nabi, Ahmad Patel etc. We must also consider that this is just after 5-6 years of Congress party getting a major beating in elections. When Na.Mo I came, it was a rude surprise for the "seculars" but I guess they hoped to make a come back. Ra.Ga really tried hard. But when it led to Na.Mo II, I feel the "seculars" have decided that some thing is wrong. And Ra.Ga and So.Ga do not want to be part of a group which now does not have much say in Indian politics. They will only come in; when Congress is in a victorious position. Classic case of "Victory is a ********; but defeat an orphan".
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:Are the Nehru-Ghandi clan finally abandoning the Indian National Congress? The behaviour of So.Ga and Ra.Ga kind of gives me such an impression.
Congress Asked Sonia Gandhi To Be Temporary Chief. How She Responded.
Looks like the mother & son now do not see it worth while to take up responsible positions in the party. Ra.Ga stepped own, and So.Ga is non committal on taking up any official position. With this Congress will depend on the 2nd ring of courtiers of the Nehru-Ghandi clan like A.K Antony, Ghulam Nabi, Ahmad Patel etc. We must also consider that this is just after 5-6 years of Congress party getting a major beating in elections. When Na.Mo I came, it was a rude surprise for the "seculars" but I guess they hoped to make a come back. Ra.Ga really tried hard. But when it led to Na.Mo II, I feel the "seculars" have decided that some thing is wrong. And Ra.Ga and So.Ga do not want to be part of a group which now does not have much say in Indian politics. They will only come in; when Congress is in a victorious position. Classic case of "Victory is a ********; but defeat an orphan".

the ambitions of the miracle in waiting who failed miserably in UP but is nursing national ambitions in the next GE, has not been taken into account yet.

currently, she is the eminence grise and the puppet master who was all set to proprietorially contest and win the byelections from amethi had things gone per congi plans and is the one pulling the strings in the background.

she is too shrewd to step into the limelight at this stage when such a rancid atmosphere of failure, despair and hopelessness envelopes the sinking ship and all the big guns are desperately jockeying for a window seat and no one wants to get on the bridge and steady the ship.

the vision of PVNR's and sitaram kesri's "treatment" are still too fresh in their memories.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Sachin wrote:
From my understanding of KA politics; every politician is filthy rich and they are also corrupt. In TN and KL, generally senior politicians stick to their parties (be it INC, CPI(M) or BJP), especially if they have become MLAs and MPs etc through the parties. That is not the case in KA, where the politics is totally a different ball game. So we must redefine the word "clean" when it is used in KA politics. We can only take that as "slightly less corrupt than others" or "corrupt but efficient". The KA voters also may prefer the second category.

This time around the BJP has played a very low key game. Even motor mouths like Yeddy is silent and is allowing the game to play to its full extent. Even if this riot is quelled, chances of it repeating is very high. What is getting repeatedly proven is that JD(S) and INC are not in good terms, and INC folks are now openly expecting JD(S) to play the second fiddle. Congress folks wants to run the state as if they are the bigger group.
chetak wrote:Congress asks Karnataka rebel MLAs to vote for coalition, threatens anti-defection law
Today's Deccan Herald (printed edition) had a neat table explaining this. First and foremost, for the rebel MLAs there is no reason to really panic. Their political future is not at stake (considering jumping ships is no big deal in KA). If the resignation is accepted by the speaker, the MLAs will not be able to attend assembly sessions. They will have to contest in another election and then come back. In the case of "disqualification" the same case applies. They will be barred entry to the legislative assemblies, will lose the privileges. But they too can stand for election again and come back. Naturally their earlier party may not allow them as MLAs from that party, but nothing stops another party from accepting them :). For the whip & disqualification to have an effect; the MLAs should be really loyal to Congress & JD(S) and sees a bleak future if the parties expel them. Such a situation is very rare in KA :lol:. The Jarkhiholi brothers, and folks like Bangarappa are examples. Looks like there is no political party in KA, in which Bangarappa was not part off ;) :lol:.

And as I understand all the resigned folks have NOT attended today's legislative assembly session.
the abrasive behavior of one "troubleshooter" and one "blessed brother" who pissed off most of the MLAs by gross interference in their departments or in their constituencies has precipitated these crises.

each MLA has a different grouse and good reason to rebel.

the trouble with jarkhiholi started when "troubleshooter" interfered in their fiefdom over which the jarkhiholis have unfettered control. When such is their control, how does party matter to them
During a recent meeting to sort out the issues, one of the brothers openly “ordered” Congress general secretary in charge of Karnataka KC Venugopal to back off or sacrifice the government, sources claim.
the "blessed brother" was on a cash collection spree by transferring paying customers in all ministries in the well tried and tested and nationally popular cash for transfer scheme.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Judicial system for muslims by Hindus has once again gave lightning fast hearing and decision to stay in the daily news cycle.

SC refuses to stay Bombay HC order on Maratha reservation, says there won’t be ‘retrospective effect’ of quota https://www.opindia.com/2019/07/supreme ... uota-sebc/
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter
Hon. SC gave 24 hrs to BSY to prove majority.

Hon. SC gave 5 days to Karnataka Speaker to decide resignations.

Is SC treating different parties differently?

No.

As the Simpsons would say: It's the differences, of which there are none, that make the sameness exceptional.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

twitter

chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Dr Praveen Patil @5Forty3 19 hours ago

As Supreme Court and assembly speaker play ping-pong with the people of Karnataka, the minority govt has transferred 284 PWD engineers overnight; sources claim the going rate for each engineer could be anywhere between 20 lakhs and 3 Crore!!
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Lot of angst in RW Twitter (loyal ones too) about Goa

With Goa/KA lot of AP Naidu bhakts got a chance to spew venom on Modi.

Goa and KA are hurting image of BJP. Hope does not count for much in a larger picture
Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Post by Karthik S »

vijayk wrote:Lot of angst in RW Twitter (loyal ones too) about Goa

With Goa/KA lot of AP Naidu bhakts got a chance to spew venom on Modi.

Goa and KA are hurting image of BJP. Hope does not count for much in a larger picture
I recall seeing video of old NM saying this is a long battle and we have to make allies with vibheeshan if required. We need to be more concerned that NM takes hard decisions not worrying about HIS image in lutyen's circle, ME as he got many awards from there etc. We are at an inflection point, hope decades and centuries later, people won't think of NM as a man who could have helped but didn't by becoming another gandhi.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Corruption and politics go together and voters understand that as they see it everywhere around them. How they differentiate is by patriotism and respect. What I have noticed is that it's much easier for common people in villages to understand this then "intellectuals". Are all BJP people in Gujarat like NM? No. But people still remember the problem solving with respect by NM. Even though NM didn't solve all the problems but at least somethings were getting solved while INC days were of no problem solving but increasing them. End of the day, Indian public imports many things for consumption that has corruption, politics, violence, etc written all over it. Oil is probably one of the worst if not the worst.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

If the Congress bhakts had allowed the Child Rape law to be passed in Rajya Sabha the guy would be in jail. The law was passed in LS again and is being brought forward.

Karthik this guy is no Vibheeshan.

Its the selective laws and judiciary that keeps them afloat.
Like turds in punch bowl
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Omkar Chuadhary on MLAs: https://youtu.be/68TigiZDmnA
India Speaks Daily on recent islamist tactics: https://youtu.be/1BsxJ9Nj2l4
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Indian courts showing their fear of nehru clan. GoI needs to provide some security to these judges if they are afraid of INC's islamic goons. Please judges official request protection from these goons. No need to be afraid anymore.

Out-on-bail-Gandhi: Rahul Gandhi gets bail in the 6th case against him, 1 more to go next week https://www.opindia.com/2019/07/out-on- ... next-week/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Goa, Goan, Gone? There Is A Lakshman Rekha In Politics, And BJP Just Breached It With Impunity
https://swarajyamag.com/politics/goa-go ... h-impunity
Speculation is rife in Goa that the induction was done to ‘checkmate’ the regional allies of the BJP, including the Goa Forward Party, with the active involvement and blessings of the Church. As per my sources in Goan media, plans for the merger were reportedly initiated in a closed-door meeting held at the Archbishop’s palace in June that was attended by both Babush Monserrate and BJP MLA, Michael Lobo.