2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Post by vijayk »

It is all Congressis and Muslims
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Zynda wrote:Since women cannot be arrested after dusk & before dawn (& men can...never understood this law), the protesters took advantage of this law and formed a ring around men
hanumadu wrote:What are women police for? They can break the chain while the male police took care of the cowards hiding behind women.
The rule of dawn to dusk actually refers to summoning a woman to police station for interrogation. Using Cr.PC provisions police generally issue a formal notice to a person to appear before the IO (the unofficial way is to pick up a person, getting him/her to be only in undies and then questioning). This questioning cannot happen between dawn to dusk. Once an arrest is made the provision is that women cannot be locked up in a police station which does NOT have women police personnel. And generally every night the "night round duty officer" also is kept updated on all police locks ups which have men/women in custody etc.

At least in Bengaluru the police had strict instructions NOT to use force on the "unarmed crowd". So all this ring-a-ring-a-roses business was because there where strict orders that police should NOT use any force to make arrests or disperse the crowds. The Bengaluru Police actually handled the situation quite well.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, anyone monitoring TSP media? One can easily gauge ISI involvement by reading between the lines of what their RAPE mouthpieces are writing and tweeting.

Reason I ask is because if you recall, aeons ago even before 2014 when ModiJi because PM, I predicted that the hatred of Hinduism, either by Muslims or by white west or by our own millions of colonized libtards like Burka Bibi; will one day lead to a 'coalition' of Pakis, Indian libtards, and white west against "Hindu extremist" India to bring p!ss in "Soouth Asia".

I am sorry not to be proved wrong, but we are seeing my prediction playing our right before our eyes.

Whether or not ISI is orchestrating the anti-CAA riots, but we all know what diabolical entity ISI is in their aim to undo India. So if you look at what is happening in India, at the very least, they are salivating. I mean look at the fault lines play out. And note the protests we are seeing has only a peripheral relationship with CAA. Its the inner, latent hatred of Hindus and Islamist extremism playing out in the open. And our libtards screaming ModiJi, BJP are 'fascist', Muslims going to be stripped of Indian citizen ship. CAA is communal. Why would ISI not want to take advantage of all these gaping fault lines?

Likewise, lets look at white west. I mean one can go back ages. When was the last time if at all, west spoke out against Islamic terror in Kashmir? Even after the Paki attack on the temple of democracy, India's parliament, NYT shamefully editorialized that 'both sides' are guilty. When did they talk about Hindu genocide in TSP, Kashmir valley etc. Yet, these sanctimonious colonial scoundrels now berate BJP-led Indian govt for 'human rights', 'Hindu nationalism' and all kinds of crap. Even the normally sane Ian Bremmer from TIME has turned tables.

So now, all of the Islamist crimes perpetrated against India is now history, forgotten. Its ModiJI, BJP, and Hindus who are the villains. I am so glad, ModiJi showed some balls and Co showed the middle finger to Pramila Jaypal who was using the tragic travails India is confronting to show off her honorary colonial credentials.
Last edited by CRamS on 22 Dec 2019 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yawn and move on ...
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Thats all you have to say? I am pretty sure one week later you will be saying the same thing :-). Keep yawning.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Just as the Paki and colonial doctors ordered, so also disposes this JNU professor

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/indias- ... 10713.html
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

Were BIF too quick in showing their hand or did they pick the wrong horse for Islamic instability in India ?
On this CAA subject, Majority of Hindus are with Govt and Islamists escalated from University and SM protest to violence and death within a week. You only get one chance to use your weapon in such battles and they brandished swords while enemy was far away polishing its guns, I can see the civilizational and cultural retribution will come.
The fear of losing some more part of Bharat has suddenly become a clear and present danger to most of us.
A whole Hindu generation which was raised on 'Ishwar Allah tero naam' koolaid is now is scrambling to find its religious identity.

After what has happened in last 2 weeks, My prediction is that Jamia and AMU will have its character and chartered changed before NM ends his present term.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

To Dukhta Butt ..

https://twitter.com/KanchanGupta/status ... 3544419328
Kanchan Gupta @KanchanGupta

Bankim Chatterjee wrote Anandamath (which contains Vande Mataram) in 1882. Its setting is Sannyasi Rebellion of 18th C. Yet Vande Mataram even in its truncated form is unacceptable to Muslims in 21st C as it is 'idolatorous'. #Left & #Liberals have never defended Vande Mataram.
V_Raman
BRFite

Post by V_Raman »

Is there a % number in the law when a minority would no longer be a minority? Maybe the real fear for NRC is due to that?
mmasand
BRFite

Post by mmasand »

Wait what? Arrest warrant issued by Trivandrum court against Shashi Tharoor for defaming women in his book.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

V_Raman wrote:Is there a % number in the law when a minority would no longer be a minority? Maybe the real fear for NRC is due to that?
I believe that that's something possibility along with reverse protections and subsidies for new minorities in muslim areas. IIRC Pushpendraji's talks have mentioned that before.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

https://www.aninews.in/news/national/po ... 221173419/

BJP to launch 250 rallies, 100 press conferences to set the narrative
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

My ultra RW friend sent me something that a town in PoK had been taken over by the Indian Army. He was jubilant saying soon PoK will be ours.

While I am happy that Modi II has been amazing with lots of earth-e-shattering moves, I hope that PoK is not a near term project. The ongoing projects need to stabilize before we think of next and I think far more important things are to be done, like UCC. PoK will be seen as a full blown invasion and will be condemned, so that can be a Modi III project.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

My take is that POK will happen sometime within this term. It isn't an invasion, when you are taking back what is rightfully yours - as backed by the Parliament of India.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Reports are coming in that Indian army is over 50 miles inside POK. Taken control of Keran village in Neelum valley of POK.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Keran ... d73.960948
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

KJo wrote:My ultra RW friend sent me something that a town in PoK had been taken over by the Indian Army. He was jubilant saying soon PoK will be ours.

While I am happy that Modi II has been amazing with lots of earth-e-shattering moves, I hope that PoK is not a near term project. The ongoing projects need to stabilize before we think of next and I think far more important things are to be done, like UCC. PoK will be seen as a full blown invasion and will be condemned, so that can be a Modi III project.
This is what I am hearing ... lot acgtivity in POK/Neelam Valley. Possible US/Afghan co-ordination too? Can anyone comment?
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

The Indian Army on Saturday rejected social media rumours that it opened the fence at the Line of Control (LoC) and captured a village in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK). The Army said that such speculation were being spread on social media by vested interests to further the agenda of Pakistan. News agency ANI cited Army sources labelling the rumours as part of Pakistan’s misinformation campaign
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:CM, If you don't bring up that "shit" (request you to please tone down the language btw), the magnitude of the problem that exists in our academic system will not be exposed and the majority will be called a genocidal group of fascists. All our colleges are seeing this kind of stuff. Can we really afford all this in our academic institutions? Are they to publish research papers or develop world-class anarchists?

Cooling down is fine, but these issues are not "smallish" nor are they unimportant. People who are on the fence need to understand what's going in our universities and as parents, adults need to stand by the GOI as it makes decisions without pandering to these folks.

The "hot majority" is not influenced by what's on twitter IMHO. Its influenced by what's going on next door, in their neighbourhoods, in their cities, by what families talk to each other.

The stone throwing, the lynching of cops in Gujarat, the bleeding faces of cops in others, the "Hinduon se Azadi" chants - all this is likely already making the rounds on WhatsApp and TikTok. How long can the Govt stop the net or even phone calls?

Political leaders are merely the symptom in some ways. As leaders they do cause issues, but it is the public's attitude which also needs fixing as it is they who decide the agenda.
Karan, Apologies for the language, it was not meant to offend. I beg to differ here for the reasons I stated. My take is simple, squeeze the leadership starting at the very top, and the bottom riffraff will fall into line. This means political and intellectual leadership. How is that Ayub woman for eg still running around free after subverting Indian law in kashmir? The other "small" stuff will just cause opening of sores and wounds.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

KJo wrote:My ultra RW friend sent me something that a town in PoK had been taken over by the Indian Army. He was jubilant saying soon PoK will be ours.

Maybe the thinking is, strke when iron is hot. Ultimately the end result favors India no matter how painful the means are.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Was speaking earlier to a friend whose domestic help is from Assam. The help dude is a Hindu. His experiences during NRC implementation in Assam. Hindus thought that they will be *safe* and it is the Muslims who have to worry about proving their citizenship and thus became complacent. Early on during NRC process, Muslims being smart, many of them (including illegals) got themselves on to registers by bribing the officials. Now, it seems like the officials are harassing many of the Hindus during the registration process. Initially, he tired to do it the right way and provided as many documents as required. Him being from a village, he used to travel 20+ Kms one-way to give the documents only to find that officials are not accepting them and are hinting towards a bribe. Ultimately, the help dude got himself & his family on the registers by paying money.

Until low-level corruption is minimized, issues like the above is what I think many people are fearing. Even some posters here have expressed their fears about the process of NRC if not the intent.

Even many of the people I know are asking why they should prove their citizenship to the Government. They argue that the onus is on the Govt to find the illegals without inconveniencing the rest of the populace.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

^^ This.

Similar stories coming from other sources. A lot of Hindu Nepalis who've lived in Assam and other NE states for generations are now on the target of NRC. Hindus are easier to identify because of their unique surnames. Peacefuls have common surnames and are difficult to identify. Plus the massive corruption by officials who are supposed to implement NRC.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

The GOI should consider sending their own party cadre and volunteers as an alternate form to the idiotic bureaucracy if they really want to get this done smoothly
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Cain Marko wrote:
Karan M wrote:CM, If you don't bring up that "shit" (request you to please tone down the language btw), the magnitude of the problem that exists in our academic system will not be exposed and the majority will be called a genocidal group of fascists. All our colleges are seeing this kind of stuff. Can we really afford all this in our academic institutions? Are they to publish research papers or develop world-class anarchists?

Cooling down is fine, but these issues are not "smallish" nor are they unimportant. People who are on the fence need to understand what's going in our universities and as parents, adults need to stand by the GOI as it makes decisions without pandering to these folks.

The "hot majority" is not influenced by what's on twitter IMHO. Its influenced by what's going on next door, in their neighbourhoods, in their cities, by what families talk to each other.

The stone throwing, the lynching of cops in Gujarat, the bleeding faces of cops in others, the "Hinduon se Azadi" chants - all this is likely already making the rounds on WhatsApp and TikTok. How long can the Govt stop the net or even phone calls?

Political leaders are merely the symptom in some ways. As leaders they do cause issues, but it is the public's attitude which also needs fixing as it is they who decide the agenda.
Karan, Apologies for the language, it was not meant to offend. I beg to differ here for the reasons I stated. My take is simple, squeeze the leadership starting at the very top, and the bottom riffraff will fall into line. This means political and intellectual leadership. How is that Ayub woman for eg still running around free after subverting Indian law in kashmir? The other "small" stuff will just cause opening of sores and wounds.
Thanks for your understanding. I understand where you are coming from, but I am no longer sure it merely a top down thing as you note. For instance, your method should work against the political cadre based mobilization however a lot if the ground violence is being committed by youth who are radicalized as it is, or have no fear of the L&O machinery or think, what they are doing is justified and religiously ordained. Those too, need to be deterred.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Zynda, very valid points. I too feel, overambition at this point re: NRC is unnecessary. Fix the economy instead or focus on that, UCC, Anti Conversion Bill while gradually building up the infra for NRC.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Karan M wrote:
Cain Marko wrote: Karan, Apologies for the language, it was not meant to offend. I beg to differ here for the reasons I stated. My take is simple, squeeze the leadership starting at the very top, and the bottom riffraff will fall into line. This means political and intellectual leadership. How is that Ayub woman for eg still running around free after subverting Indian law in kashmir? The other "small" stuff will just cause opening of sores and wounds.
Thanks for your understanding. I understand where you are coming from, but I am no longer sure it merely a top down thing as you note. For instance, your method should work against the political cadre based mobilization however a lot if the ground violence is being committed by youth who are radicalized as it is, or have no fear of the L&O machinery or think, what they are doing is justified and religiously ordained. Those too, need to be deterred.
Karan, my experience (fwiw) on the ground with muslims from a variety of constituencies (from Ittawa to Rajasthan to Bhendi Bazaar and Solapur) suggests that it is almost entirely top down. This community has been cultivated over the years by leaders (intellectual, political etc) to run riot the moment they are given the signal from the leadership. Economic rewards are cleverly and sometimes rather blatantly associated with certain behaviors by said leaders. For the most part, they stay calm and go about their lives real normal, bigoted theology notwithstanding.
This is not to say that members of the community are not to blame (of course they are, esp. under these circumstances) but their crime is 1/10th of that of the leaders that feed and breed them. And it is extremely aggravating to see these leaders run amok even during the rule of MAD and Yogi. Cut off the head of the snake and you will not see such protests.

As far as the theological debris that they have collected over the centuries is concerned, it can be managed in a variety of ways. Perhaps the best way to do this is to get them in a public education system based on the sciences or related to technical training institutes. This is exactly what happened with Christianity in the West. Yes it is still dogmatic, but almost nobody truly follows it, the science-economics nexus has almost totally undercut it. It is crazy how many churches even in the Midwest for example are losing their younger members. Another thing to do is encourage a reformist agenda within this society - giving space to people like Fatah or Manji. yes, they will not be easily accepted but they will provide plenty of food for thought - and that has its own effect.
Frankly I think this has been MAD's strategy - and it is working, the community has been quite quiet despite actions on 370 and RJB. I have personally seen cracks in erstwhile bastions of chauvinism in the mohallas, which would balk at sending their women outside without the burkha, now allowing their daughters to go to engineering schools on scooties. even in mufasil areas. It is just a matter of time and surely even the madarsas will start capitulating.

But this will not happen unless and until the left-islamist-congoon nexus is utterly busted. Prosecuted and put away - lock stock and barrel.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Assam NRC was executed by state officials with no involvement of the centre. My friend who oversaw the process in one district was livid at the time at the way it was conducted. The staff were inadequately trained and not vetted for suitability.
State govt staff in general are always less competent and more corrupt than central ones. They are also prone to being influenced by local biases.
If NRC has to work there has to be involvement of central forces along with local officials as a balancing factor. Perhaps they can expand the mandate of the bureau of immigration to oversee this effort.
banrjeer
BRFite

Post by banrjeer »

Rahul M wrote:Assam NRC was executed by state officials with no involvement of the centre. My friend who oversaw the process in one district was livid at the time at the way it was conducted. The staff were inadequately trained and not vetted for suitability.
State govt staff in general are always less competent and more corrupt than central ones. They are also prone to being influenced by local biases.
If NRC has to work there has to be involvement of central forces along with local officials as a balancing factor. Perhaps they can expand the mandate of the bureau of immigration to oversee this effort.
NRC cannot be done till some better prep and training both for the admin and police. The police force is not trained for dealing with this yet.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Guys, too many of us are running around like the proverbial headless chickens. Here is some REAL NEWS from the INDIAN pov. It took the Russians to put it on the world front pages:
An Indian MP has taken US Senator Elizabeth Warren to task after she raised concerns about a canceled meeting between New Delhi and a fellow progressive lawmaker, poking fun at her self-declared Native American bona fides.

After Indian Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar scrapped a scheduled meeting with US lawmakers – including Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) – during the 2+2 summit in Washington on Friday, Warren fired off a tweet calling “efforts to silence” the congresswoman “deeply troubling.” The tweet prompted a swift mocking response from BJP lawmaker Rajeev Chandrasekhar, arguing that Jayapal is no authority on Kashmir.

“We are sorry you’re troubled. Don't be,” Chandrasekhar said. “We have no objections to Pramila Jayapal mumbling to herself, or even to you, on stuff she knows nothing about.”

It’s just that we don’t want to waste our time listening to her nonsense. Hope you understand being Native [American] Indian and all.

Jaishankar says he called off the meeting due to Jayapal’s “unfair” characterization of the situation in the India-controlled part of Kashmir, which lost its autonomy status in August after New Dehli changed its constitution in a bid to “integrate” the territory. India deployed thousands of troops into the area and clamped down on communications soon after the move, measures which the India-born Jayapal continues to criticize. She is currently sponsoring a resolution in Congress to urge New Delhi to shift its approach in the region.
Officials of the ruling BJP insist the decision was necessary to spur economic growth and cut down on local corruption, but some opposition figures have been vocally opposed to the government’s Kashmir policy.

Sanjay Jha, a national spokestwit for the opposition Congress party, insisted the external affairs minister “embarrassed India” by canceling the meeting, and commended Warren, a 2020 US presidential hopeful, for her response.
Sanjay Jha ✔@JhaSanjay
India’s Foreign Minister has hugely embarrassed India. What a pathetic response by S.Jayshankar!
A sharp rebuke by of all people, Elizabeth Warren who could be the next President of United States. :eek: :shock: :((
This government is a joke! It has made India an object of ridicule. #Shame https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1208029566641541120
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

UP riots
LUCKNOW: A police post was torched in Kanpur on Saturday amid fresh incidents of protests against Citizenship (Amendment) Act in Uttar Pradesh’s several districts including in Rampur and Aligarh as the toll in the violence in the last two days rose to 16.
The latest death was reported from Rampur on Saturday evening, where one person died and several people, including policemen injured as clashes broke out between anti-CAA protesters and police.
Five two-wheelers, including one of a mediaperson and one of the police, and a car were set afire during the violence and five protesters were injured in police lathicharge, officials said.
“Of the five injured, four were referred to Meerut for treatment where one died, while another is in a serious condition. Around a dozen protestors have been detained,” District Magistrate (DM) Aunjaneya Singh told reporters. (AGENCIES)
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Please watch this. RJD/BSP "leader" claims peaceful protests and proceeds to violently attack poor auto rickshaw drivers...

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/watch-ant ... ihar-bandh
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Situation in UP is arguably the worst.

The Leftist crowd who is clamoring for the head of the DGP UP need to have legal action taken. They are making all sorts of wild accusations of genocide and this will again be picked up and regurgitated abroad.

What is going on with GOI's inability to deal with such propaganda and incitement?
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Watch: Jabalpur SP makes shocking revelation, rioting mob which pelted stones at police included kids from age 7 to 14
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/madhya- ... ing-video/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

Anti-CAA riots: As propaganda spreads about ‘children’ being arrested, CNN-News18 deletes video showing young Muslim rioters in Kanpur
https://www.opindia.com/2019/12/anti-ca ... ropaganda/
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

“Kashmiri Hindus Forced To Flee, 90 Amarnath Yatris Killed, But No Stone-Pelting”: Activist Aquib Mir’s Message To Indian Muslims
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/kashmiri- ... an-muslims

“Please don’t make mosque (masjids) political. It’s only for prayer. Congress and other parties are using you only for politics. Every Indian Muslim is safe and no link with CAA,” he tweeted.
Kati
BRFite

Post by Kati »

banrjeer wrote:
Rahul M wrote:Assam NRC was executed by state officials with no involvement of the centre. My friend who oversaw the process in one district was livid at the time at the way it was conducted. The staff were inadequately trained and not vetted for suitability.
NRC cannot be done till some better prep and training both for the admin and police. The police force is not trained for dealing with this yet.
Moi was there just a few weeks ago to hear from the middle class intellectuals in a major city (in Assam). Some horror stories I heard. A local daily
apparently gave details of how 80,000 peacefools in that particular city got into NRC by using fake documents, and bribing the officials. The wholesale bribing went through the mosques.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Re: darshan

I can assure you that for every such tweet, 10000 more WA videos and Tik Tok videos are being circulated asking for a religious war and to dominate the streets. The UP police taking strict action is reassuring, if they don't and the riots spread it will become a 2 way free for all. Much respect for Yogi for apparently having given strict instructions to cops to not take things easy. He gets the importance of the above.

The manner in which DGP UP is being targeted by BIF clearly implies above measures are effective.
darshan
BRF Oldie

Post by darshan »

darshan wrote:“Kashmiri Hindus Forced To Flee, 90 Amarnath Yatris Killed, But No Stone-Pelting”: Activist Aquib Mir’s Message To Indian Muslims
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/kashmiri- ... an-muslims

“Please don’t make mosque (masjids) political. It’s only for prayer. Congress and other parties are using you only for politics. Every Indian Muslim is safe and no link with CAA,” he tweeted.
The main point I noted here is that the person didn't acknowledge killing and raping of the Kashmiri Hindus.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

wasn't the entire exercise "court" monitored, meaning that in actual fact, no one was in charge and the baboo(n)s ran riot along with their locally co opted henchmen and madrasa goons.

selling nationality (to acknowledged anti nationals) to the highest bidder seems to be a peculiarly seditious Indian trait.