2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3702
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KLNMurthy » 31 Jul 2019 23:25

Karan M wrote:This 3T bill is a big blow to the pysche of the macho mards of the M community and the mullah brigade.

Expect violence against H's to increase.

Next should be criminilization of animal cruelty. Halal slaughter is known to prolong intense physical and mental agony for the animal.

Or maybe blanket prohibition on all animal sacrifice. Unlike 3T it affects Hindus and Muslims.

Next should be ban on human sacrifice and glorification of same. Latter would make Catholic Mass and all of Christian doctrine illegal.

These would be truly secular laws.

If they want secularism, give it to them. You know the story of King Log and King Stork.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 31 Jul 2019 23:49

Suraj wrote:
Karthik S wrote:Either that's a smoke screen to cover up possible overhauls as Ramana sir says or they have really became delusional and forgot their own life experiences and wisdom.

Empirically, NM has demonstrated quite a few episodes of the former, and so far none of the latter.


In India left media, COMMIES, Congis all are on same page. They are with peaceful mobs.

They would love the peaceful to go riot and create huge fear in the minds of Hindus so that they all blame Modi and get the Islamist backed arties back. They won't say openly. They leave it to the artists, liberal masked Indian sepoys of the west.

Dara Hua campaign is all about it.

I think MAD are being careful to make sure not to provoke them. Meanwhile strengthen the laws and hopefully they reform police/judiciary too.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12727
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Suraj » 01 Aug 2019 00:11

KLNMurthy wrote:
Karan M wrote:This 3T bill is a big blow to the pysche of the macho mards of the M community and the mullah brigade.

Expect violence against H's to increase.

Next should be criminilization of animal cruelty. Halal slaughter is known to prolong intense physical and mental agony for the animal.

Or maybe blanket prohibition on all animal sacrifice. Unlike 3T it affects Hindus and Muslims.

Next should be ban on human sacrifice and glorification of same. Latter would make Catholic Mass and all of Christian doctrine illegal.

These would be truly secular laws.

If they want secularism, give it to them. You know the story of King Log and King Stork.

This would be a great approach to follow, except that the judiciary has demonstrated a repeated record of inability to simply apply laws uniformly. They have instead shown a repeated tendency to editorialize and legislate from the bench, a dangerous precedent that unfortunately has not been countered by the attorney general or any other legislative / executive official.

Skanda
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 18 Sep 2007 02:19

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Skanda » 01 Aug 2019 00:47

Suraj wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:Next should be criminilization of animal cruelty. Halal slaughter is known to prolong intense physical and mental agony for the animal.

Or maybe blanket prohibition on all animal sacrifice. Unlike 3T it affects Hindus and Muslims.

Next should be ban on human sacrifice and glorification of same. Latter would make Catholic Mass and all of Christian doctrine illegal.

These would be truly secular laws.

If they want secularism, give it to them. You know the story of King Log and King Stork.

This would be a great approach to follow, except that the judiciary has demonstrated a repeated record of inability to simply apply laws uniformly. They have instead shown a repeated tendency to editorialize and legislate from the bench, a dangerous precedent that unfortunately has not been countered by the attorney general or any other legislative / executive official.


Correct. The judiciary is the one organization that is supposed to follow the rule of the book to the T. Unfortunately, they behave more like "Show me the person and I will make a judgement". It is actually quite baffling that they passed the 3T verdict.

Judiciary is supposed to be very predictable. In the US and pretty much everywhere, if you are guilty of a crime, you pretty much know the ballpark fine and other sentencing that you are likely to get. In India, a precedent does not matter too.

Skanda
BRFite
Posts: 269
Joined: 18 Sep 2007 02:19

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Skanda » 01 Aug 2019 00:53

ramana wrote:Skanda, Where are you coming from. At first glance you look like unhappy 3T got banned!

And Modi is passing legislation.
What did you think 303 seats mean?
Continue the secular stuff from Congress?

Have you considered this is part of gender equity?

No no. When the bill passed, I wasnt sure if such urgency was required to pass this bill. The BJP is expected to have majority in RS in some time. I was thinking that they will use the majority in LS/RS to pass this law then. I was surprised that they did it even when they didnt have majority in RS. Modi/BJP must have used considerable clout/back-dealing to get this through and I wasnt sure if that effort was worth it on this bill. But again, I kind of realize what Modi has done is this:
1. This marks the first nail in breaking the opposition in RS
2. AIPMLB is now shown to be impotent. As someone else has said, its a huge psychological blow dealt by MAD gang.

But the question remains, why reform Islam when Islam refuses to reform itself. Unless change comes from within, the AIPMLB will use this 3T bill as a lesson to tighten grip on everything else.

I completely understand that non-elite muslim women bear the brunt of 3T and they are genuinely rejoicing.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ramana » 01 Aug 2019 01:06

Thanks for the explanation.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 01 Aug 2019 01:34

https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-int ... 1f83ce4e15

The Most Intolerant Wins: The Dictatorship of the Small Minority


(Chapter from Skin in the Game - Great book ... if you haven't read, read it )
How Europe will eat Halal — Why you don’t have to smoke in the smoking section — Your food choices on the fall of the Saudi king –How to prevent a friend from working too hard –Omar Sharif ‘s conversion — How to make a market colla


It suffices for an intransigent minority –a certain type of intransigent minorities –to reach a minutely small level, say three or four percent of the total population, for the entire population to have to submit to their preferences. Further, an optical illusion comes with the dominance of the minority: a naive observer would be under the impression that the choices and preferences are those of the majority. If it seems absurd, it is because our scientific intuitions aren’t calibrated for that (fughedabout scientific and academic intuitions and snap judgments; they don’t work and your standard intellectualization fails with complex systems, though not your grandmothers’ wisdom).



In promoting genetically modified food via all manner of lobbying, purchasing of congressmen, and overt scientific propaganda (with smear campaigns against such persons as yours truly), the big agricultural companies foolishly believed that all they needed was to win the majority. No, you idiots. As I said, your snap “scientific” judgment is too naive in these type of decisions. Consider that transgenic-GMO eaters will eat nonGMOs, but not the reverse. So it may suffice to have a tiny, say no more than five percent of evenly spatially distributed population of non-genetically modified eaters for the entire population to have to eat non-GMO food.


Big Ag (the large agricultural firms) did not realize that this is the equivalent of entering a game in which one needed to not just win more points than the adversary, but win ninety-seven percent of the total points just to be safe. It is strange, once again, to see Big Ag who spent hundreds of millions of dollars on research cum smear campaigns, with hundreds of these scientists who think of themselves as more intelligent than the rest of the population, miss such an elementary point about asymmetric choices.

Another example: do not think that the spread of automatic shifting cars is necessarily due to the majority of drivers initially preferring automatic; it can just be because those who can drive manual shifts can always drive automatic, but the reciprocal is not true [1].
The method of analysis employed here is called renormalization group, a powerful apparatus in mathematical physics that allows us to see how things scale up (or down). Let us examine it next –without mathematics.


The Veto
The fact we saw from the renormalization group the “veto” effect as a person in a group can steer choices. Rory Sutherland suggested that this explains why some fast-food chains, such as McDonald thrive, not because they offer a great product, but because they are not vetoed in a certain socio-economic group –and by a small proportions of people in that group at that. To put it in technical terms, it was a best worse-case divergence from expectations: a lower variance and lower mean.


The two asymmetric rules were are as follows. First, if a non Muslim man under the rule of Islam marries a Muslim woman, he needs to convert to Islam –and if either parents of a child happens to be Muslim, the child will be Muslim[3]. Second, becoming Muslim is irreversible, as apostasy is the heaviest crime under the religion, sanctioned by the death penalty. The famous Egyptian actor Omar Sharif, born Mikhael Demetri Shalhoub, was of Lebanese Christian origins. He converted to Islam to marry a famous Egyptian actress and had to change his name to an Arabic one. He later divorced, but did not revert to the faith of his ancestors.

...




We can answer these points using the minority rule. Yes, an intolerant minority can control and destroy democracy. Actually, as we saw, it will eventually destroy our world.
So, we need to be more than intolerant with some intolerant minorities. It is not permissible to use “American values” or “Western principles” in treating intolerant Salafism (which denies other peoples’ right to have their own religion). The West is currently in the process of committing suicide.


In current day and age, liberals/left/progressives are making sure every one succumb to the renormalization technique must faster using Bigotry argment
Last edited by vijayk on 01 Aug 2019 02:15, edited 1 time in total.

nachiket
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6895
Joined: 02 Dec 2008 10:49

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby nachiket » 01 Aug 2019 02:09

Karthik S wrote:
BTW, not just that city, aren't we seeing stores of how cops are chased away from ghettos across India? and then we have TN wherein they don't even have such high population, they virtually took over entire section of highway few years back, cops were assaulted, including women cops. if L&O has to improve, first thing is need to improve police force in terms of equipment and weed out any political stooges, who are actually helping perpetrators rather than victims (we know which communities each belong to). Saw in twitter recent news of cops asking a yindu man who marred M woman to convert.

Police equipment is hardly the problem here. The problem is lack of political backing. Police in many parts of India are scared to even lift a hand to defend themselves when dealing with Muslim mobs, forget about defending common Hindus. They know for certain that any injury or death resulting from their actions, even if completely justified will be used by various politicians to raise the "dara hua Musalman" slogan followed by fake outrage from usual places after which they will be thrown under the bus in short order. Various elements within the Muslim community have become used to all kinds of shit being tolerated by the security forces over the years and now have a sense of entitlement towards being allowed random violence and disruption whenever they feel they need to demonstrate their power.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3702
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KLNMurthy » 01 Aug 2019 02:22

Suraj wrote:
KLNMurthy wrote:Next should be criminilization of animal cruelty. Halal slaughter is known to prolong intense physical and mental agony for the animal.

Or maybe blanket prohibition on all animal sacrifice. Unlike 3T it affects Hindus and Muslims.

Next should be ban on human sacrifice and glorification of same. Latter would make Catholic Mass and all of Christian doctrine illegal.

These would be truly secular laws.

If they want secularism, give it to them. You know the story of King Log and King Stork.

This would be a great approach to follow, except that the judiciary has demonstrated a repeated record of inability to simply apply laws uniformly. They have instead shown a repeated tendency to editorialize and legislate from the bench, a dangerous precedent that unfortunately has not been countered by the attorney general or any other legislative / executive official.

Too many of the judges seem to be pompous asses and empty vessels. That is a sign of weakness--chances are that they are corrupt and cowardly. This is the same judiciary that produced dara-hua and corrupt judges like Chandrachud Sr and Ahmadi at Supreme Court level.

In the short term, I look for ways of squeezing individual judges in their weak points to bring them into line. In the longer term, look into making the system more transparent and accountable.

Given the effective majority in both houses, the only things lacking are imagination and will.
Last edited by KLNMurthy on 01 Aug 2019 04:19, edited 1 time in total.

sudarshan
BRFite
Posts: 1908
Joined: 09 Aug 2008 08:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby sudarshan » 01 Aug 2019 02:29

vijayk wrote:https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15

The Most Intolerant Wins: The Dictatorship of the Small Minority
...


Great post. Now consider this - a polytheistic group has no problems with accepting the figurehead of a monotheistic cult, but not vice versa. What does this bode for the future, given the above?

Yet, in the past, this polytheistic group survived a 1000 years of the above treatment - how?

OT here, but this is partly what I was trying to address in the "Tradition" thread.

shravanp
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2363
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:14

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby shravanp » 01 Aug 2019 02:33

Jauhar university raids: Azam Khan's son detained
LUCKNOW: SP leader Azam Khan's MLA son was detained on Wednesday for allegedly obstructing officials during a raid at Mohammad Ali Jauhar
University in Rampur, triggering a protest by party workers. Till now, 2,500 rare, stolen books have been recovered from the university, founded by Azam Khan, in the raid which began on Tuesday, police said.

SP MLA from Suar Assembly seat Abdullah Azam has been detained for obstructing the raids and creating hurdles in government work, Rampur
SP Ajaypal Sharma said. Later, IG, Law and Order, Praveen Kumar said Abdullah is being released on personal bond. "The raids which started yesterday (Tuesday) continued today. Rare books have been recovered there," Director General of Police OP Singh told PTI. Presently 50 boxes of 2,500 rare books with stamps have been recovered, a senior official said, adding the probe in the matter
is on.


What could be the 'rare' books? :shock:

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12727
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Suraj » 01 Aug 2019 03:01

KLNMurthy wrote:Too many of the judges seem to be pompous asses and empty vessels. That is a sign of weakness--chances are that they are corrupt and cowardly. This is the same judiciary that produced dara-hua and corrupt judges like Chandrachud Sr and Ahmadi at Supreme Court level.

In the short term, I look for ways of squeezing individual judges in their weak points to bring them into line. In the longer term, look into making the system more transparent and accountable.

Given the effective majority in both houses, the only things lacking are imagination and will.

Agreed. I hope GoI pushes the NJAC Bill once again in modified form. I am no expert on this judgment, but as far as a basic refresher reading of the topic goes, the primary opposition to the NJAC Act is based on the fact that the Committee includes the Union Law Minister. In fact, the judgment specifically describes the Act as unconstitutional on the basis of the interference against 'judicial independence', even though the Law Minister was a part of the committee selecting judges from 1950-1993.

Without a suitable bench, the best course of action therefore is to frame an act that defines specific parameter requirements for the selection of judges. For example, the Oct 15 2015 judgment describes:
The learned Attorney General made a reference to three instances, which according to him, were universally condemned, by one and all. One of the Judges appointed to this Court, according to him, was a non-performer as he had authored just a few judgments as a Judge of the High Courts of Delhi and Kerala, and far lesser judgments as the Chief Justice of the Uttarakhand and Karnataka High Courts, and less than ten judgments during his entire tenure as a Judge of the Supreme Court. The second Judge, according to him, was notoriously late in commencing Court proceeding, a habit which had persisted with the said Judge even as a Judge of the Patna and Rajasthan High Courts, and thereafter, as the Chief Justice of the Jharkhand High Court, and also as a Judge of the Supreme Court. The third Judge, according to the learned Attorney General, was notoriously described as a tweeting Judge, because of his habit of tweeting his views, after he had retired. Learned counsel for the respondents, acknowledged having understood the identity of the Judges from their above description by the learned Attorney General, and also affirmed the factual position asserted in respect of the Judges mentioned. The learned Attorney General also handed over to us a compilation (in a sealed cover) about appointments of Judges made to different High Courts, despite the executive having expressed an adverse opinion. The compilation made reference to elevation of five Judges to High Courts (– two Judges to the Jammu and Kashmir High Court, one Judge to the Punjab and Haryana High Court, one Judge to the Patna High Court, and one Judge to the Calcutta High Court) and three Judges to the Supreme Court. It may be clarified that the objection with reference to the Supreme Court Judges was not related to their suitability, but for the reason that some High Courts were unrepresented in the Supreme Court. We would therefore understand the above position as covering the period from 1993 till date. But it was not his contention, that these elevations had proved to be wrongful. We may only notice, that two of the three Supreme Court Judges referred to, were in due course elevated to the high office of Chief Justice of India.

It's fairly clear from the above that there are many judges with a history of impropriety - whether it is bad work ethic, lack of professionalism, lust for publicity, or outright corruption. An Act would have to be framed such that anyone with such a record would be barred from further elevation, if not outright dismissed from service.

Such an Act would be extremely hard to dismiss as unconstitutional, since defines greater depth into Article 124. If it wants, the government can expand this to apply to all public officers - both the executive / administration and judiciary. It would eliminate the discretionary power of the Collegium that currently exists.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 01 Aug 2019 03:09

^^ Atleast one justice who went against NJAC expressed regret later. Can't remember the name.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3702
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KLNMurthy » 01 Aug 2019 05:08

vijayk wrote:^^ Atleast one justice who went against NJAC expressed regret later. Can't remember the name.

The sad thing about Indian officialdom is that while in service, everyone is a corrupt rascal, and after retiring, they spout the most virtuous pablum.

It doesn't mean they have changed. The requirements of career and financial success are different during service and during post-service pundit career. That's all.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19496
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 01 Aug 2019 15:32

twitter



When Modi 1.0 came, people thought half of Congress would be in jail.
But by the time Modi 2.0 came, half of Congress is in BJP!



Image

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7451
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 01 Aug 2019 16:36

Karthik S wrote:As I said before, I don't think a cop will dare enter Hyderabad old city, for instance, to arrest someone who has given instant 3T.

Vidur wrote:Your assessment of mindset is correct. You are also correct that police are reluctant to enforce law and order with muslims. System is biased. It is often easier to brush the issue under the carpet or ask the other community to adjust.

I tend to agree with you. Today pretty much every city has a Police No-Go area and that is generally a Muslim dominated one. In rare cases where police men does have a say on things there, it invariably would be a Muslim police officer only. See the News report on wheelies & bike stunts. It is any one's guess as to the religious affiliation of these people. One was even shot dead by the Army in Bengaluru a decade back. And also notice the name of the police officer who conducted the anti-wheelie operation ;) 8). I have seen people taunting Bangalore Traffic Police on their facebook page asking them to enforce all laws strictly in areas like Shivaji Nagar, L.B Shastri Nagar etc. This is when the old British theory of policing is that "the law of the country lies under the police man's boots" (i.e a place where a police man cannot enter, the law of the country does not apply).

Karan M wrote:Fact is the average M is aware of the reach of the armed IPS, and hence is (despite bravura bluster) upset cops stand in the way. They know they can be picked up anytime, not just when they are surrounded by huge numbers of fellow radicals.

Picking up an average M is not a very big deal. The police generally manage to pick up petty criminals, murderers etc and solve the cases. Problem comes when they have to deal with Ms who have done a crime, but have some clout in the community. Then the police (on the ground) will have to take pressure from their own senior officers, and the politicans. So an average police officer (who would be a typical "middle class" chap who is also worried about his career, family, kids education etc.) will not take much risk. Now in cases like the 3T, the police may hestitate to take action because the media and most of the "secular" politicians have already created an image that this is an unfair law and any one being arrested because of that law is a poor innocent man.

Vidur wrote:In a social gathering I commented that Modi's slogan of 'Ek haath me Quoran ek haath mein laptop' will only lead to very educated terrorists.

You sir, are actually quite right. There were stories of lots of Indians running way to join ISIS via Afghanistan & Turkey etc. Now if you do a check on these Indians, 95% of them were from one state of India; Kerala. Now Kerala is one state which boasts about 100% literacy, and also of "communal harmony". A Muslim really does not have to worry about their religion & existence; rather it is non-Muslims in Kerala who have to worry. Yet, it was these folks who joined ISIS in large numbers. And one more of them have met their 72 houris.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 992
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 01 Aug 2019 17:30

Despite no complaint, MP Police to act against Zomato user for refusing a non-Hindu delivery boy and ‘hurting religious sentiments’
https://www.opindia.com/2019/08/despite ... entiments/

Recently, the Zomato incident has created a storm on Social Media after a Twitter user called Amit Shukla had announced that he did not want a ‘non-Hindu’ deliveryman since it was the month of Shravan and it went against his faith. After the barrage of abuse that was hurled on Amit Shukla, it seems his troubles are just beginning.

The Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh police have decided to take suo motu action against Amit for posting a tweet that inflamed communal passions. OpIndia spoke to the Superindentent of Police who confirmed to us that he has taken suo motu cognisance and is initiating preventive measure against Amit Shukla.

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7451
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 01 Aug 2019 21:54

darshan wrote:. OpIndia spoke to the Superindentent of Police who confirmed to us that he has taken suo motu cognisance and is initiating preventive measure against Amit Shukla.

What is required here is to start a whisper campaign against Zomato. People can still say Zomato did a sloppy service (irrespective of the religious identity of the delivery boy). Looks like Zomato is using this incident as an advertisement campaign. The only way these people change, is when they lose money.

But, I do see a pattern here. Some one in authority makes a very anti-Hindu move, and the "seculars" exploit it. Then "communals" are grouping up and protesting. The "case of a magistrate and Quran" is an example.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ramana » 01 Aug 2019 22:36

Thee is a hashtag #DeleteZomatoApp

kit
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3149
Joined: 13 Jul 2006 18:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby kit » 01 Aug 2019 23:03

shravanp wrote:
Jauhar university raids: Azam Khan's son detained
LUCKNOW: SP leader Azam Khan's MLA son was detained on Wednesday for allegedly obstructing officials during a raid at Mohammad Ali Jauhar
University in Rampur, triggering a protest by party workers. Till now, 2,500 rare, stolen books have been recovered from the university, founded by Azam Khan, in the raid which began on Tuesday, police said.

SP MLA from Suar Assembly seat Abdullah Azam has been detained for obstructing the raids and creating hurdles in government work, Rampur
SP Ajaypal Sharma said. Later, IG, Law and Order, Praveen Kumar said Abdullah is being released on personal bond. "The raids which started yesterday (Tuesday) continued today. Rare books have been recovered there," Director General of Police OP Singh told PTI. Presently 50 boxes of 2,500 rare books with stamps have been recovered, a senior official said, adding the probe in the matter
is on.


What could be the 'rare' books? :shock:


out of print and first editions .. collectors items

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ramana » 01 Aug 2019 23:30

vijayk wrote:^^ Atleast one justice who went against NJAC expressed regret later. Can't remember the name.



Locking the barn door after the horse escaped.
Many idiots like that filled our decision making circles.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ramana » 01 Aug 2019 23:38

nachiket wrote:
Karthik S wrote:
BTW, not just that city, aren't we seeing stores of how cops are chased away from ghettos across India? and then we have TN wherein they don't even have such high population, they virtually took over entire section of highway few years back, cops were assaulted, including women cops. if L&O has to improve, first thing is need to improve police force in terms of equipment and weed out any political stooges, who are actually helping perpetrators rather than victims (we know which communities each belong to). Saw in twitter recent news of cops asking a yindu man who marred M woman to convert.

Police equipment is hardly the problem here. The problem is lack of political backing. Police in many parts of India are scared to even lift a hand to defend themselves when dealing with Muslim mobs, forget about defending common Hindus. They know for certain that any injury or death resulting from their actions, even if completely justified will be used by various politicians to raise the "dara hua Musalman" slogan followed by fake outrage from usual places after which they will be thrown under the bus in short order. Various elements within the Muslim community have become used to all kinds of shit being tolerated by the security forces over the years and now have a sense of entitlement towards being allowed random violence and disruption whenever they feel they need to demonstrate their power.


Under British rule the ICS and IP were Crown services. After Independence ,Sardar Patel in a spirit of federalism decided that both IAS and IPS should belong to states and be deputed to center. This led to Congress regional satraps bringing along their favorite officers to Center when they are moved. Even this worked fine till 1967 elections when non-Congress governments took power in TN and Bengal and continued. Since then the All India Cadres have become part of State apparatus and under control of regional satraps/parties. the era of Coalition govts and the turbulent period after Rajiv Gandhi lost power made bureaucracy supreme and unaccountable. Ministers come and go but the Civil Services stay and media extolled the virtues of this system.
The solution is to remind these officers they belong to All India Services and work under the pleasure of President.

ramana
Forum Moderator
Posts: 52816
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby ramana » 01 Aug 2019 23:42

That article on intolerance due to the minority is interesting. However there is a willing class of colluders who push for halal products to cater to the occasional Muslim customer and impose it on the rest.
This behavior is worst in Northern California with Telugu restaurant owners (Swagat et al) who display halal signs to cater to the rare Muslim Indo-Pak customer despite the Paks having their own restaurants.
I support only vegetarian restaurants or those that don't display halal signs.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 992
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 02 Aug 2019 00:40

There are many products that make you scratch head that get halal certifications. Sometimes I wonder if that's one avenue of money laundering.

For example, https://5.imimg.com/data5/NG/BU/CG/SELL ... 00x500.jpg

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9573
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KJo » 02 Aug 2019 00:54

ramana wrote:That article on intolerance due to the minority is interesting. However there is a willing class of colluders who push for halal products to cater to the occasional Muslim customer and impose it on the rest.
This behavior is worst in Northern California with Telugu restaurant owners (Swagat et al) who display halal signs to cater to the rare Muslim Indo-Pak customer despite the Paks having their own restaurants.
I support only vegetarian restaurants or those that don't display halal signs.


During one of my discussions with Afghani Muslims, I mentioned that Muslims typically move into a neighborhood, then begin to demand that all meat be halal, then restaurants and store owners begin to display halaal signs to keep business, and gradually this creeps into more and more products. The discussion was about some white woman objecting to "shariah compliant" mark on some product. I said, as a non muslim, I also don't like seeing signs of Islam (a foreign influence to the US) everywhere and that this was creeping Islamization. Both went ballistic and called me an Islamophobe and a bigot. :roll:

My wife was into halaal meat at one time, convinced so by her friend who is pakistani supposedly the cut made caused the toxic blood to flow out leaving the meat tender :roll: but now she's moved on to everything organic. Looks like most people realized it as the Halaal shop guy had to shut shop.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 992
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 02 Aug 2019 01:50

Lot of it is through the fear of being labeled islamophobe in US. Usually their business is not worth the hassle. However, they come pretty organized to trap you. And, businesses to avoid any social media boycotts comply to paying for tags. Imagine one muslim coming, asking, and CAIR like organizations ready to go the moment you say no.

KJo
BRF Oldie
Posts: 9573
Joined: 05 Oct 2010 02:54

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KJo » 02 Aug 2019 02:27

darshan wrote:Lot of it is through the fear of being labeled islamophobe in US. Usually their business is not worth the hassle. However, they come pretty organized to trap you. And, businesses to avoid any social media boycotts comply to paying for tags. Imagine one muslim coming, asking, and CAIR like organizations ready to go the moment you say no.


Yes, this is it.
But what is astounding is an educated Muslim person in the US does not see it and absolutely cannot see things from the other side.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19496
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 02 Aug 2019 04:54

kit wrote:
shravanp wrote:
What could be the 'rare' books? :shock:


out of print and first editions .. collectors items



some of them have been stolen from really old madrassas so they could be ancient and unique handwritten korans, arabic relics and maybe really old books and court records from the mughal era.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 992
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 02 Aug 2019 06:57

India Speaks Daily on political islam: https://youtu.be/M-ee9NufVxg

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7451
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 02 Aug 2019 11:19

In today's Deccan Herald printed edition saw a tiny news that a woman in Hyderabad has lodged a complaint against her husband for using the Triple Talaq. This may be the first case filed after the passing of the new law, and it would be worthwhile to see how the police handles the case. A question I have is; has the President actually signed-off the new law?

And looks like in the Ayodhya temple case, the ball is now back in the court of SC. Ayodhya: Panel submits report; SC to hear case on Fri. Let us see how hizzoners will now deal with the issue.

Meanwhile in a "major blow to secularism" the commies and Congress have been routed in Tripura Panchayath polls. Modi hails BJP's victory in Tripura panchayat polls. May be it would be better for folks like Manik Sarkar now to settle down in Kerala and dream about the communist utopia.

The meaning of {CCD Chief} VG Siddhartha's ‘failure’. In Karnataka the suicide of the "Coffee czar" is now being used - mainly by the Congress - to target the central government for its unfair tax rules & its enforcement. Perhaps it is only KA politicians who can use a death to further their agenda. But with the "seculars" playing a dirty game, the "communals" cannot be far behind. Stories have already started appearing that CCD may have been a front for money laundering by a few Congress "money bags".
Cafe Coffee Day raid: Income tax sleuths unearth Rs 650 crore illegal income; shares slide 9%
Raids on Shivakumar landed CCD founder VG Siddhartha in I-T

I feel that Siddhartha was a man - who was rich, his family had the largest coffee estate in Asia, with good intentions and with a strong/aggressive approach to improve his business (more than wealth). And in the process he got associated with the Congress-wallahs (may be through his F-i-L), who also effectively used him and his business. His suicide may not be of over debt; but perhaps pondering over the years of trouble he would have to undergo. Interrogations, court appearances, police or judicical remands, bail, penalties and in worst case even a prison sentence. These are nothing for thick skinned politicians, but for an average business-man (focused on H&D etc.) this may be a bit too much.

And Congress now desperately want to misuse the tragic death to perhaps slow down the cases which Income Tax and Enforcement Directorate has been building up. Using this incident to keep them on back foot seems to be the new strategy.

pankajs
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11442
Joined: 13 Aug 2009 20:56

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby pankajs » 02 Aug 2019 16:18

UAPA amendment passed

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... h-5872436/
Rajya Sabha passes UAPA Bill, govt can now declare individuals as terrorist
Amid the call from the opposition to send the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Bill, 2019 to a select committee, the Rajya Sabha Friday passed it with 147 votes in favour and 42 against it.

Home Minister Amit Shah, during a discussion on the Bill, said that terrorism had no religion and every member of the House should show their support to the Bill to bring stringent laws against it. Assuring that no human rights will be violated, Shah added that a four-level-scrutiny has been provided in the amendment.

IIRC, a while back someone suggested that the Modi/GOI bring back POTA or some such law that was scrapped by CON. Modi/GOI did no such thing but instead amended NIA and UAPA acts/laws.

Now if one was interested in the "form" i.e. the outward display of "difference" of the Modi/BJP regime as compared to the CON regime then Modi/BJP has failed.

OTOH, if one is interested in the "substance" rather than the "form", one would be satisfied with the way Modi/BJP has approached the subject and taken the route of amending the existing laws to implement its vision.

As if that was not enough of an outrage (... for some), here is Amit Shah stating "terrorism had no religion". Now we have Maulana Shah alongside Maulana Mudi.

A Deshmukh
BRFite
Posts: 279
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 14:24

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby A Deshmukh » 02 Aug 2019 19:13

pankajs wrote:UAPA amendment passed
IIRC, a while back someone suggested that the Modi/GOI bring back POTA or some such law that was scrapped by CON. Modi/GOI did no such thing but instead amended NIA and UAPA acts/laws.

whats in the name? you can call it POTA or UAPA or whatever.
law is in place with enough teeth. done.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 02 Aug 2019 20:19

Sachin wrote:In today's Deccan Herald printed edition saw a tiny news that a woman in Hyderabad has lodged a complaint against her husband for using the Triple Talaq. This may be the first case filed after the passing of the new law, and it would be worthwhile to see how the police handles the case. A question I have is; has the President actually signed-off the new law?

And looks like in the Ayodhya temple case, the ball is now back in the court of SC. Ayodhya: Panel submits report; SC to hear case on Fri. Let us see how hizzoners will now deal with the issue.

Meanwhile in a "major blow to secularism" the commies and Congress have been routed in Tripura Panchayath polls. Modi hails BJP's victory in Tripura panchayat polls. May be it would be better for folks like Manik Sarkar now to settle down in Kerala and dream about the communist utopia.

The meaning of {CCD Chief} VG Siddhartha's ‘failure’. In Karnataka the suicide of the "Coffee czar" is now being used - mainly by the Congress - to target the central government for its unfair tax rules & its enforcement. Perhaps it is only KA politicians who can use a death to further their agenda. But with the "seculars" playing a dirty game, the "communals" cannot be far behind. Stories have already started appearing that CCD may have been a front for money laundering by a few Congress "money bags".
Cafe Coffee Day raid: Income tax sleuths unearth Rs 650 crore illegal income; shares slide 9%
Raids on Shivakumar landed CCD founder VG Siddhartha in I-T

I feel that Siddhartha was a man - who was rich, his family had the largest coffee estate in Asia, with good intentions and with a strong/aggressive approach to improve his business (more than wealth). And in the process he got associated with the Congress-wallahs (may be through his F-i-L), who also effectively used him and his business. His suicide may not be of over debt; but perhaps pondering over the years of trouble he would have to undergo. Interrogations, court appearances, police or judicical remands, bail, penalties and in worst case even a prison sentence. These are nothing for thick skinned politicians, but for an average business-man (focused on H&D etc.) this may be a bit too much.

And Congress now desperately want to misuse the tragic death to perhaps slow down the cases which Income Tax and Enforcement Directorate has been building up. Using this incident to keep them on back foot seems to be the new strategy.


This is all true. No one can be spared of financial misuse.

That is not the issue. Instead of repealing bad laws, stupid babus are Nirmala Sitaraman and Modi for a ride. These people are doubling down on laws that are put in place to loot, blackmail. Very very anti-constitutional laws were put in place to screw honest businessmen also.

The haven't got any idea what it means Ease of Business doing ...

https://www.firstpost.com/business/pena ... 00231.html
Penal action for violation of CSR norms: Modi govt going after asset creators as if profit-making is a crime

I would have repealed such a dumb extortion law. Instead they want to harass and loot a law created by anti-national woman and urban naxals.

Worryingly enough, Narendra Modi continues to draw all the wrong lessons from Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s defeat. There is a counter argument to this statement. Like any other entrepreneurship, political entrepreneurship, too, is governed by the law of returns. Reforms couldn’t save PV Narasimha Rao, neither did Vajpayee return for a second term. If the median of Indian politics continues to shift further to the Left — despite a so-called right-of-Centre government at helm — blame it on the rather disturbing conclusion that instead of wealth creation, welfare and redistribution of wealth bring better political dividends.

The end result of this position is that reforms of the kind that we saw during the Vajpayee era — such as on taxation, a separate divestment ministry, privatisation of government’s businesses, freeing businesses of bureaucratic control, progressive trade policies and cooling off of interest rates — have been absent in Modi regime.

Penal action for violation of CSR norms: Modi govt going after asset creators as if profit-making is a crime
Nirmala Sithraman presenting the budget. PTI
As we may recall, PSUs such as Bharat Aluminium, CMC, Hindustan Zinc, HTL, Indian Petrochemicals, Modern Food Industries, Paradeep Phosphates, VSNL, Maruti, two hotel units of Hotel Corporation of India Ltd and 17 hotel units of ITDC were sold to private firms, while the Supreme Court stopped the government from divesting its stake in oil refiners HPCL and BPCL.

In contrast, Modi has strengthened the command-and-control bureaucratic structure and seems to be doubling down on Gandhian socialism as the backbone of economic policymaking. There are, of course, many aspects to this argument. Welfare policies aimed at uplifting the poor cannot be anathema in a country where per capita income is lower than Congo or Nigeria.

.”


Now it has become mandatory that companies do have a physical address. Physical register is to be maintained so that people can go and check them and there is a veracity of their claims: Smt
@nsitharaman
Breach of ceiling on directorship is being made a ground for disqualification. For instance, if the numbers are crossed for holding the directorship beyond the permissible limit, it will bring in disqualification: Smt

NSitharamanOffice
Even before you start the function, it is necessary for the company to declare before commencement of business: Smt
@nsitharaman

NSitharamanOffice
@nsitharamanoffc
Companies will now have to explain where they have spent the CSR money. We are giving a three years window after which they will have to move the CSR money in an escrow account if they don’t spend it: Smt
@nsitharaman

NSitharamanOffice
@nsitharamanoffc
Sec. 135 is being amended to provide for a specific penal provision in case of non-compliance of CSR: Smt

@nsitharaman
We are strengthening the enforcement provisions that enable the SFIO to ensure speedy and more effective enforcement, including actions of disgorgement: Smt
@nsitharaman




Another law that put came in place by SC:

Every company with over 20 people have to have a 5 member sexual harassment council which has to have an NGO member to process complaints. What kind of stupid law is that? These NGOs want 50K per month to be on the committee. I am sure some of them will start blackmailing businesses. Instead of strengthening police and judiciary thru reforms, they are resorting to all gimmicks without realizing how private sector can be destroyed by these laws.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19496
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 02 Aug 2019 22:11

twitter


This detailed press note issued by Income Tax chief commisioner shows VG Siddhartha was being economical with the truth.



Image


Image

Katare
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2505
Joined: 02 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Katare » 02 Aug 2019 22:15

Where is the information on this stupid law, won’t see dau of the light. Businesses will create their own NGOs headed by family members to beat it anyhow

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew
Posts: 5345
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 21:19

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vishvak » 02 Aug 2019 22:34

..
I asked him him " A more realistic scenario in US and Europe. 2067. Birthrates of non-Muslims fall below replacement. Islam takes over. Shariat is being practiced. ISIS rules the world. They raid non Mulim areas to take women and slaves. They sell women and exchange them. Women cheer while their husbands bag the prettiest slave"

Then I said "Wait ... it already happened in Syria in 2014.
..

BUT.. in US/EU the ropers will maneuver more LEGITIMACY. Heck there are 500 more slaves held even now by Islamic State - which punctures organized ideological stand.

Next century (onwards?) Chinese will throw more monies so what do we care to entertain them (simultaneously) with Chinese equivalent of Mujra?
From ISIS Facts
..
September 11, 2014 - The CIA announces that the number of ISIS fighters may be more than three times the previous estimates...
above from top level spy service .. why trust estimates and assumptions?
June 30, 2014 - The Pentagon announces the United States is sending an additional 300 troops to Iraq, bringing the total US forces in Iraq to nearly 800. Troops and military advisers are sent to Iraq to support Iraqi security forces and help protect the US Embassy and the airport in Baghdad.

Read it all.. just for limited particular article from CNN 'library.'
Not blaming any country per se but why to depend on others. And still why (IS) they still around in Iraq/Syria i.e. in Asia?

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 02 Aug 2019 23:44

Katare wrote:Where is the information on this stupid law, won’t see dau of the light. Businesses will create their own NGOs headed by family members to beat it anyhow


http://www.nishithdesai.com/fileadmin/u ... kplace.pdf


GO to Page 8

B. Constitution of the IC
Presiding Officer
Woman employed at a senior level at the workplace from amongst the employees.

Members Not less than 2 members from amongst employees. Preferably committed to the cause of women or who have had experience in social
work or have legal knowledge.

External member
From an NGO or association committed to the cause of women or person familiar with issues relating to sexual harassment.

Not less than half of the IC Members shall be women
The term of the IC Members shall not exceed 3 years
A minimum of 3 Members of the IC including the Presiding Officer are to be present for conducting the inquiry.

Katare
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2505
Joined: 02 Mar 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Katare » 03 Aug 2019 02:51

That is incorrect reading of the act. There is no employee limits set in the law, even a single worker in someone’s house working as maid is covered.

10 employee limit is for employers with multiple offices.

Choosing an NGO employee as IC member is one of the options for these employers.

NGO employee get paid by NGO, there is no provision for payment to external IC committee member in the law, neither are they being hired. In an event of a sexual harassment complaint, an NGO member (who are dedicated to help women in distress) can participate in the investigation if chosen by the employer.

Here is the law in its entirety

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3863
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 03 Aug 2019 03:17

^^ Trust me! I know few folks inHyderabad who are running companies who told me that all NGOs are demanding salary from IT companies up to 50K per month

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 19496
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 03 Aug 2019 05:28

vijayk wrote:^^ Trust me! I know few folks inHyderabad who are running companies who told me that all NGOs are demanding salary from IT companies up to 50K per month


ditto in bangalore but the amount is demanded in cash with no receipts and no paperwork and the amount varies from company to company.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kumarn and 53 guests