2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3569
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Kashi » 16 Jun 2019 05:13

CRamS wrote:despite our claims of Pakis being 'isolated', despite our claims of 'Balakot being a game changer'


We that is the GoI have never made any of those claims, so who is this 'our' you are talking about?

The questions is why the mighty US that is well aware of Baki perfidy allowing ISI to run rampant in their circles, cultivating lapdogs and setting up agendas for the meeting.

Toothless much?

A_Gupta
BRF Oldie
Posts: 11498
Joined: 23 Oct 2001 11:31
Contact:

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby A_Gupta » 16 Jun 2019 07:20

Pakistan is doing a squeeze on itself. None of the 3 1/2 can change the Paki army vampire sucking dry the economic blood of the country. Nor can they stop the balloooning population or the falling literacy rate.

Before anything else watch the video posted by Prem: viewtopic.php?p=2361510#p2361130

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie
Posts: 2049
Joined: 09 Jul 2005 12:22
Location: MERCED, California

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby g.sarkar » 16 Jun 2019 08:23

chetak wrote:no wonder the congis were barking like stray dogs as the counting day grew closer.
It was all a congi ponzi scheme that was swallowed hook, line and sinker by the owners of the congi party and their servile minions.
even the lootyens liberandus and the hostile godi, as well as the foreign press, fell for it.
I wonder what exactly was the role of pappu's shady havard professors and the cambridge analytica types who must have insisted and taken their payments in advance.
and the great lovey dovey, all sacrificing sister seems to have a very well developed sense of self preservation and the sense to rereat just to fight another day when she will seek to replace pappu as the one and only fearless leader.
isn't this how all canabalistic mafia familias work
next on the agenda is the systematic dismantling of the three congi state govts and their replacement thereof
Rahul’s own team fed his PM hopes right up to poll defeat

Chetakji,
Understand all that. After the emergency even Mrs. Gandhi was fed wrong info that led to the election and subsequent loss of power. What I do not understand is Pappu went to UK to lick his wounds. What happened to R&R in Thailand? What can he get in UK that is not available in Thailand? Extremely puzzled.
Gautam

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 16 Jun 2019 09:19

g.sarkar wrote:
chetak wrote:no wonder the congis were barking like stray dogs as the counting day grew closer.
It was all a congi ponzi scheme that was swallowed hook, line and sinker by the owners of the congi party and their servile minions.
even the lootyens liberandus and the hostile godi, as well as the foreign press, fell for it.
I wonder what exactly was the role of pappu's shady havard professors and the cambridge analytica types who must have insisted and taken their payments in advance.
and the great lovey dovey, all sacrificing sister seems to have a very well developed sense of self preservation and the sense to rereat just to fight another day when she will seek to replace pappu as the one and only fearless leader.
isn't this how all canabalistic mafia familias work
next on the agenda is the systematic dismantling of the three congi state govts and their replacement thereof
Rahul’s own team fed his PM hopes right up to poll defeat

Chetakji,
Understand all that. After the emergency even Mrs. Gandhi was fed wrong info that led to the election and subsequent loss of power. What I do not understand is Pappu went to UK to lick his wounds. What happened to R&R in Thailand? What can he get in UK that is not available in Thailand? Extremely puzzled.
Gautam


some citizenship issues to sort out, perhaps

srin
BRFite
Posts: 1802
Joined: 11 Aug 2016 06:13

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby srin » 16 Jun 2019 10:31

Very insightful article: https://www.firstpost.com/politics/whos-in-charge-of-congress-for-the-first-time-questions-on-whether-gandhis-will-continue-to-lead-party-arise-6817961.html
Ask a worker of either the BJP or the CPM about his ideology. That’s easy. You’ll hear words like ‘Hindu’, ‘national’ or ‘pseudo-secularism’ and so on from the former and ‘Marx’ ‘bourgeois’, ‘neo-colonialism’ and the like from the latter.

Meet some Congress busybodies and try to find what ideology drives them. It’s tough. It’s like, as they say, trying to squeeze honey out of mud. You will probably hear them fumble with words like ‘country’, ‘people’ and ‘poverty’.

Next, try to find what drives their politics. That’s easy. The answer simply is Congress. Never mind what Congress stands for, even if it does. And it doesn’t. For them, the Congress means just two things — it’s a brand that can sell, though not guaranteed these days, and its USP is the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.

Besides being a selling point, the dynasty serves another purpose. The absence of an ideology, which died along with Jawaharlal Nehru, meant that only the brand equity and family ownership of the party could stop its leaders from going for each other’s throats. And the absence of the dynasty could lead to the disappearance of the party itself and, along with it, the very purpose of the politics for Congressmen.

This explains the deafening roar from Congress leaders beseeching Rahul Gandhi to stay on as the party president. It’s not because they see him as a beacon of light in their political wilderness. It’s certainly not because of their love for him. It’s because of their love for themselves. They want to cling to the Congress. And they want Rahul to cling to his post. Without him, they have no party. Without the party, they have no politics, no dreams of red beacons on car roofs and no black lucre that goes with power.

It’s easy to see that after Nehru, the Congress reduced itself to being a franchise enterprise like McDonalds or KFC, licensing power-brokers to use the family name, which they see as a low-investment, high-return proposition to procure power. The brand is hugely less popular now, but the hope of some investors for better future lingers on.

For the first time since Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated in 1991, the comprehensive beating in the Lok Sabha election has raised questions over whether the family will continue to own the party. But now, there are questions about these questions.

Nearly three weeks after it was made known that Rahul intended to resign as the Congress chief and the party’s working committee had “unanimously” rejected it, mum is the word from the dynast. He has apparently almost stopped meeting leaders and, if reports are to be believed, is in London, angry with either the party or himself, or just sulking in general.

Thanksgiving or faultfinding?

Rahul blamed his party leaders for the mess, not himself. That left us wondering whether the family believes the party workers were at least fine. So his sister Priyanaka Gandhi Vadra volunteered to remove that doubt by damning the party cadres, as well. :lol:

“I will find out the names of workers who didn’t work for the party in the elections,” she thundered on Thursday, sounding like a teacher warning students that she would find out the names of students who stuck chewing gum on her chair.

Never mind that Priyanka made the speech in Rae Bareli, which elected her mother, at an event meant for thanksgiving, which she duly turned into faultfinding. Listen to her carefully, and you won’t miss the tone of ownership, not leadership.

In one swell stroke, she also demolished all hope that she would be the final redeemer of the party, or a female edition of a knight in shining armour, or a true heiress of her very tough grandmother Indira Gandhi, better than even her brother. Listen to her even more carefully, and a suspicion begins to nag — does the fact that she is threatening action against workers mean that she herself, if not Rahul, would like to continue to helm (or own) the party?

Even as this hair-pulling continues over whether Rahul would return to the throne, which he has half-abdicated, and whether there should be a working president or an interim one or some sort of a decision-making body, in the mean time comes a puzzling gem of enlightenment from spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala.

“Rahulji was, is and will remain the Congress president, and we have no doubt about it,” Surjewala said, without batting an eyelid.

Goonga kathaputalee?

When Indira became prime minister in 1966, leaders who controlled the Congress at that time hoped she would turn into a goongi gudia (a dumb doll). She didn’t. She became an Iron Lady. When Rahul took over the Congress in 2017, leaders who surrounded him hoped he would become their goonga kathaputalee (a dumb puppet). He did. :rotfl: That’s when the party began to hit the road to hara-kiri.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, Rahul may be clean with clean intentions, though the same benefit of doubt can’t be extended to his father or grandmother. What’s in question is the ability to lead. In case he, or his sister, or both want to stay in control, what they must know is that saving the Congress from extinction calls for more than reshuffling office-bearers or ordering knee-jerk inquiries whose results are predictable.

The problems are more fundamental. The solution lies in de-commercialising the party and making it a true political entity. The mammothness of such a task is possibly beyond the skills of the brother and sister, and that’s something they must straighten out first. It’s not the job of the leaders and workers they are blaming. Or they must leave the Congress, leaving it to fight for the little chance it has of surviving without the family.


RajD
BRFite
Posts: 135
Joined: 29 Mar 2011 16:01

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby RajD » 16 Jun 2019 16:18

Quote/[Rahul’s own team fed his PM hopes right up to poll defeat]quote/

I feel that the title of this article itself is misleading. Do despots and nincompoops brought up on strong weed of entitlement all their life like decent and professional people who can show the mirror or reality speaking freely? The answer is a resounding 'NO'. They compulsorily require a crowd of sycophants and bards around and are pleased to listen to only eulogy which keeps their feeling of entitlement high
and soaring to a new height every single day. This article is a part of an elaborate plan to absolve and save naamdars. Shift the blame and responsibility of ignominious debacle to someone or a group of some easily expendable minnows. Many more such articles and ones depicting pappu reflecting and getting enlightened bla bla bla.. will be published through embedded journalists and presstitutes. Karyakartas and sycophants will participate in frequently arranged outrage events. All decision making power will be delegated to mamma Mia although it firmly lies with her despite pappuraja in president's chair. And honouring sentiments of party people and mamma's wish raul will take charge again although he's not relinquished fully.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1132
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 17 Jun 2019 06:38

Constant elections never made sense for poor country like India with no resources but it looks like the perfect election game set up by congoons where the competition is always playing election game and the one party that started first, ruled first, gathered all resources first, is always ahead. If by chance some other national party wins an election, that party would be spending tons of time figuring out how to win next election somewhere rather than spend hours towards delivering on the election manifesto. Just imagine how much time Modi had to divert towards various elections.

https://www.opindia.com/2019/06/pm-modi ... -election/
PM Mod has on several occasion reiterated the ‘one Nation-one poll’ concept referring it as a solution to bring harmony and unite castes and religious diversifications.

“In India, elections take place almost every six months, hence I say that we should have Lok Sabha and state elections at the very same time. One election in every five years, isn’t this what should happen? Shouldn’t the expenditure be cut or not?,” he said in his Agra rally in January.

Anujan
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6939
Joined: 27 May 2007 03:55

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Anujan » 17 Jun 2019 10:30

RajD wrote:I feel that the title of this article itself is misleading. Do despots and nincompoops brought up on strong weed of entitlement all their life like decent and professional people who can show the mirror or reality speaking freely? The answer is a resounding 'NO'. They compulsorily require a crowd of sycophants and bards around and are pleased to listen to only eulogy which keeps their feeling of entitlement high and soaring to a new height every single day.


I see it differently. A bunch of enterprising people saw the opportunity to make some money and used the opportunity. Apparently they made double digit crores of rupees by feeding nandi droppings to RaGa. If I had the opportunity I would do it too.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3569
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Kashi » 17 Jun 2019 12:46

Where from did the GOP find 8 crore to pay Divya Spandana???? And this is just one of the many payments they would have handed out and that too a minor one at that.

nandakumar
BRFite
Posts: 973
Joined: 10 May 2010 13:37

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby nandakumar » 17 Jun 2019 14:40

I have never understood this thing about simultaneous election for assembly and Lok Sabha. It is not as though we didn't have it earlier. We had in 52, 57, 62 and 67. In 67, 8 states elected non congress coalition government s. But in fighting among coalition governments brought about early dissolution and fresh election. The Congress party added to it by arbitrarily dismissing state governments and imposing fresh election. So the short point is this infighting and party splits will trigger dissolution of duly elected governments in future as well. How can we ignore that?

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 17 Jun 2019 17:41

nandakumar wrote:I have never understood this thing about simultaneous election for assembly and Lok Sabha. It is not as though we didn't have it earlier. We had in 52, 57, 62 and 67. In 67, 8 states elected non congress coalition government s. But in fighting among coalition governments brought about early dissolution and fresh election. The Congress party added to it by arbitrarily dismissing state governments and imposing fresh election. So the short point is this infighting and party splits will trigger dissolution of duly elected governments in future as well. How can we ignore that?


One nation one poll is practically not feasible and might destroy BJP one day. The loss of 3 state Govt. in Dec helped BJP to get the feedback they needed where as wins in those 3 states in 2004 dulled them into complacency.

Instead of one poll, they should have polls every 2.5 years (first cycle for some states + another cycle for other states along with GE) or 2 years (2 state election+2 state election+ GE after 1 year). If a state Govt. falls, Presidential rule until the next time elections are scheduled. This way it is possible to keep them time boxed.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 17 Jun 2019 17:43


Sanju
BRFite
Posts: 980
Joined: 14 Aug 2005 01:00
Location: North of 49

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sanju » 17 Jun 2019 19:12

That mediacrooks guy vacillates from one end to the other like a pendulum. He has predicted Sri Amit Shah to be the worst HM. It's just over two weeks since government formation and he expects AM to be jumping up and down on every issue ( in this case regarding the issue in WB).

williams
BRFite
Posts: 379
Joined: 21 Jun 2006 20:55

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby williams » 17 Jun 2019 19:31

Can HM send CRPF or CISF to provide security to hospitals in sensitive areas and win the hearts of the agitating doctors?

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karan M » 17 Jun 2019 19:33

Sanju wrote:That mediacrooks guy vacillates from one end to the other like a pendulum. He has predicted Sri Amit Shah to be the worst HM. It's just over two weeks since government formation and he expects AM to be jumping up and down on every issue ( in this case regarding the issue in WB).


He's an excitable nutcase useful for attacking MSM bias. Apart from that, don't expect anything from him.

williams
BRFite
Posts: 379
Joined: 21 Jun 2006 20:55

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby williams » 17 Jun 2019 19:46

vijayk wrote:One nation one poll is practically not feasible and might destroy BJP one day. The loss of 3 state Govt. in Dec helped BJP to get the feedback they needed where as wins in those 3 states in 2004 dulled them into complacency.

Instead of one poll, they should have polls every 2.5 years (first cycle for some states + another cycle for other states along with GE) or 2 years (2 state election+2 state election+ GE after 1 year). If a state Govt. falls, Presidential rule until the next time elections are scheduled. This way it is possible to keep them time boxed.


Elections every 2.5 years like in the US. I think that is a good idea. But Pres rule until next election will be something no party will agree. But I think Modi feels he can get the two-thirds majority to amend the constitution right now.

nandakumar
BRFite
Posts: 973
Joined: 10 May 2010 13:37

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby nandakumar » 17 Jun 2019 21:21

williams wrote:Can HM send CRPF or CISF to provide security to hospitals in sensitive areas and win the hearts of the agitating doctors?

At the height of confrontation between Jayalalitha's AIADMK govt and the Hindu where the TN Speaker ordered arrest of Hindu's publisher, the then Editor, Executive Editor, Bureau Chief and reporter who wrote a news report that was the subject of breach of legislative privilege, the Home Ministry informed that the CISF would be sent to The Hindu office tp prevent execution of arrest warrany then only the government relented. The CM agreed to abide by the Supreme Court order. The Supreme Court had stayed the Assembly Speaker order. My point is there is a precedent.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 17 Jun 2019 21:31

williams wrote:
vijayk wrote:One nation one poll is practically not feasible and might destroy BJP one day. The loss of 3 state Govt. in Dec helped BJP to get the feedback they needed where as wins in those 3 states in 2004 dulled them into complacency.

Instead of one poll, they should have polls every 2.5 years (first cycle for some states + another cycle for other states along with GE) or 2 years (2 state election+2 state election+ GE after 1 year). If a state Govt. falls, Presidential rule until the next time elections are scheduled. This way it is possible to keep them time boxed.


Elections every 2.5 years like in the US. I think that is a good idea. But Pres rule until next election will be something no party will agree. But I think Modi feels he can get the two-thirds majority to amend the constitution right now.


What if the center or some state Govt. falls after a year? Will we wait for 4 years?

We can hold special election for that state but valid only for 4 years?

I think mid term election of half the state is good because if this govt. falls after 1 year, have Governor rule for 1.5 years and hold election. Go to election after 5 years.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 17 Jun 2019 21:34

So Sonia scolded Malayalee MP who took oath in Hindi. Then he and other MPs switched back to Malayalam.

Looks like South vs North is their big weapon for TN, KA, WB and Telugu states. Hindi vs Non-Hindi platform is being readied. I see so many articles about it from usual suspects like Mihir Simon Sharma, Bengali authors and other left crooks

Took oath in Hindi; Kodikunnil Suresh gets scolded by Sonia Gandhi......


https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news/ke ... -1.3880167

vimal
BRFite
Posts: 305
Joined: 27 Jul 2017 10:32

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vimal » 17 Jun 2019 22:45

^^ Amazing that thing like this tolerated in India and not condemned openly in media. But then congress gave another stick to beat themselves.

Suraj
Forum Moderator
Posts: 12865
Joined: 20 Jan 2002 12:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Suraj » 17 Jun 2019 22:49

Long article in ET about INC's Project Shakti that did a faceplant in GE2019:
Behind the Congress Rout: A Data Debacle
On May 23, around 10:40 pm, hours after Congress’ fate had been sealed in the 2019 general elections, an email landed in the inbox of the members of its much-publicised data analytics department. The author was Praveen Chakravarty, the Wharton-educated investment banker and the head of Congress’ data department since its inception in February 2018. ET has a copy of the email and has reviewed it.

Chakravarty wrote: “I have spent most of the day wondering what we could have done differently, why we were not able to catch such a big trend with all the analysis and surveys and so on. I have concluded there is not much we could have done. I think each of (sic) should be truly proud of your contribution and effort. We fought for a cause and while it may not have been fulfilled yet, we shall continue the fight until it is fulfilled.”

That mail didn’t answer the key question: why did Project Shakti, Congress’ data project, fail to read the Modi wave? As one party functionary told ET, the department became an “echo chamber”, telling Congress president Rahul Gandhi’s office “what it wanted him to hear”.

Skanda
BRFite
Posts: 273
Joined: 18 Sep 2007 02:19

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Skanda » 17 Jun 2019 22:56

Seems like all efforts to protect Rahul baba has started. His CM didnt deliver. His data analytics team got it wrong. Everyone but him seems to have made mistakes. Tehseen on some of the TV interviews has been extremely vocal about failures related to data-management and feedback, even going to the extent of calling Sudheendra Kulkarni et al as "jokers" and wins in Punjab due to the deft management of Rahul instead of the Captain. Not once, has he pulled up Rahul's failings.

All in all, sychopancy continues. Long live Rahul Gandhi.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 17 Jun 2019 23:10

Skanda wrote:Seems like all efforts to protect Rahul baba has started. His CM didnt deliver. His data analytics team got it wrong. Everyone but him seems to have made mistakes. Tehseen on some of the TV interviews has been extremely vocal about failures related to data-management and feedback, even going to the extent of calling Sudheendra Kulkarni et al as "jokers" and wins in Punjab due to the deft management of Rahul instead of the Captain. Not once, has he pulled up Rahul's failings.

All in all, sychopancy continues. Long live Rahul Gandhi.


Actually nothing seems to have changed for $onia. She has same arrogance, evil mind and abusive language abusing BJP/Modi and even the electorate. Wonder some times if she is kept in the place by external powers and they can't leave or quit. The way they attacked Sadhviji in Parliament shows 52+ Stalin and Mamta can give nightmares to BJP in Modi. Hope MAD has some strategy to take out this family from Indian equation.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Jun 2019 01:16

Karan M wrote:
Sanju wrote:That mediacrooks guy vacillates from one end to the other like a pendulum. He has predicted Sri Amit Shah to be the worst HM. It's just over two weeks since government formation and he expects AM to be jumping up and down on every issue ( in this case regarding the issue in WB).


He's an excitable nutcase useful for attacking MSM bias. Apart from that, don't expect anything from him.



this mediacrooks guy seems to think that Modi should run as per his wishes onlee and his mediacrooks agenda is the only one that matters.

vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 18 Jun 2019 02:27

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:
He's an excitable nutcase useful for attacking MSM bias. Apart from that, don't expect anything from him.



this mediacrooks guy seems to think that Modi should run as per his wishes onlee and his mediacrooks agenda is the only one that matters.


One thing I am concerned is this whole TTD. Looks like Jagan kicked Sudha Murthy out of the TTD board and handed it to his relative who may be or may not be Hindu.

Can't BJP help move a bill to free temples from Govt. control? There seems to be some SC decision favoring that.

https://www.firstpost.com/india/courtin ... 30860.html

Sachin
Webmaster BR
Posts: 7590
Joined: 01 Jan 1970 05:30
Location: Undisclosed

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Sachin » 18 Jun 2019 11:31

Sanju wrote:He has predicted Sri Amit Shah to be the worst HM. It's just over two weeks since government formation and he expects AM to be jumping up and down on every issue ( in this case regarding the issue in WB).

chetak wrote:this mediacrooks guy seems to think that Modi should run as per his wishes onlee and his mediacrooks agenda is the only one that matters.

This has been a bane of many of the right wingers. They believe 100% that that BJP & Modi won elections only because of them and only them. And now have got into an entitlement mode and start demanding Modi & BJP would act based on their diktats. From what I see, RSS, BJP, Modi & A.Shah are not rank idiots who do not know what needs to be done. In fact they most likely would better understanding of the road blocks better than the extreme right wingers. So their strategies again would be based on short term goals and long term vision. I do get a feeling that Modi & A.Shah is trying to get as much as earlier neutral voters to vote for the BJP; so much so that pressure groups like extreme right wingers, some state level parties etc. never get a chance to bully the BJP. I.e increase the vote base of BJP. Once this is done, BJP may find it easy to chart their course more easily.

williams wrote:Can HM send CRPF or CISF to provide security to hospitals in sensitive areas and win the hearts of the agitating doctors?

nandakumar wrote:The Supreme Court had stayed the Assembly Speaker order. My point is there is a precedent.

In the TN case did the then central government actually dispatched the CRPF? Or was it more of a threat from the then central government? We can only say that there is a precedence, if the CRPF was actually deployed in TN and the Tamizh Naadu Kaaval was asked to take a hike. My understanding is that L&O is a very important state subject and byepassing a state's elected government completely and sending in CPOs would not be an easy game. Note; even in the case of CBI they got a pan-India jurisdiction mainly due to a memorandum of understanding with the states that CBI (establised under Delhi Police Act) can operate from their states. Chandranna and Mumtaz begum had actually even cancelled this earlier order.

vijayk wrote:Looks like South vs North is their big weapon for TN, KA, WB and Telugu states. Hindi vs Non-Hindi platform is being readied.

In KA the North v/s South gambit might not work out. One the regional sentiments (especially against North) is not very high. Infact KA's regional sentiments would be all time high, when it comes to dealings with TN ;). WB again is not in a good state when it comes to development, job creation etc. The highest migrant labour movement in Southern states is from WB (or from Bangladesh). So WB trying to cause too much of a North v/s South divide may see her own people (and illegal Bangladeshis) facing the music in southern states. The trouble makers would then by mainly in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. But they too can be countered by cleverly exploiting the issues (mainly based on water sharing) which all the three states have in common.

On the KL based MPs taking oath in Malayalam. Fine, it makes a day's head line. But what next? They are not sent there to make grandoise speeches in Malayalam, but to get the demands of people of KL met. Will they be able to meet that without cooperating and communicating with the BJP govt.?

vijayk wrote:Can't BJP help move a bill to free temples from Govt. control? There seems to be some SC decision favoring that.

We need to understand if temples/religious bodies comes in state list or central list or the concurrent list. Only if it is in the last two lists can the central govt take unilateral decisions. The case in Supreme Court is interesting. The plaintiffs are arguing based on amendment made to the constituition some time in 1970s. It was this amendment which reinforced the concept that states should NOT involve itself in managing any religion's assets or organisations. This if it has to be implemented in true letter and spirit will see the disbandment of various Muzrai Depts and Devaswom Boards in states like KA,TN & KL.

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karan M » 18 Jun 2019 11:41

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:
He's an excitable nutcase useful for attacking MSM bias. Apart from that, don't expect anything from him.



this mediacrooks guy seems to think that Modi should run as per his wishes onlee and his mediacrooks agenda is the only one that matters.


To be fair, what mediacrooks is saying is also what many RW'ers are upset about. However, whether many RWers truly understand Modi & the bigger challenges is also the question. I.e. is focus on culture war, putting violent domestic jihadis in place, temples, "overt RW" core issues >>> than economic advancement in stopping the conversion/breaking India train.

Karthik S
BRF Oldie
Posts: 5151
Joined: 18 Sep 2009 12:12

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karthik S » 18 Jun 2019 13:26

Karan M wrote:
chetak wrote:

this mediacrooks guy seems to think that Modi should run as per his wishes onlee and his mediacrooks agenda is the only one that matters.


To be fair, what mediacrooks is saying is also what many RW'ers are upset about. However, whether many RWers truly understand Modi & the bigger challenges is also the question. I.e. is focus on culture war, putting violent domestic jihadis in place, temples, "overt RW" core issues >>> than economic advancement in stopping the conversion/breaking India train.


To people who think just economic development is enough, need to look at what's happening in Sweden, UK, France etc. Compare 'minority' population there and here.
Economic development requires a generation, even if India becomes a $10T economy by 2030, that'd be still not put us in upper income country. Still if people say that govt need not touch core issues for next 10 -15 years, all the while EJ, jihadi, commies run amok, then I don't know how prudent thinking that is.
BTW, what will you do if indics fall to just 55% to 60% population range? Rest of the population mostly being BIF. We can look at history to know where that leads us. All swanky roads, bullet trains etc will be war trophies. Just as our rich cities were plundered and indics population disposed off in more ways than one depending on the gender in the past.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Jun 2019 16:47

Karthik S wrote:
Karan M wrote:
To be fair, what mediacrooks is saying is also what many RW'ers are upset about. However, whether many RWers truly understand Modi & the bigger challenges is also the question. I.e. is focus on culture war, putting violent domestic jihadis in place, temples, "overt RW" core issues >>> than economic advancement in stopping the conversion/breaking India train.


To people who think just economic development is enough, need to look at what's happening in Sweden, UK, France etc. Compare 'minority' population there and here.
Economic development requires a generation, even if India becomes a $10T economy by 2030, that'd be still not put us in upper income country. Still if people say that govt need not touch core issues for next 10 -15 years, all the while EJ, jihadi, commies run amok, then I don't know how prudent thinking that is.
BTW, what will you do if indics fall to just 55% to 60% population range? Rest of the population mostly being BIF. We can look at history to know where that leads us. All swanky roads, bullet trains etc will be war trophies. Just as our rich cities were plundered and indics population disposed off in more ways than one depending on the gender in the past.





The core issues must not only be touched but also handled to the satisfaction of the civilization that it represents or affects.

The rest of the population is not of any numerical consequence to make a diference to any electoral outcome or even that matters in India cannot be handled sternly and decisively.

however, the impact of such decisions will be huge in terms of diplomatic and financial implications and it will impact adversely the lives and security of defenceless Indians far beyond Indian shores and at the utter mercy of baying islamic hordes.

But, if changes have been reversed in spain, it can and should be done in India as well.

There is no doubt in my mind that lost ground and distorted interpretations must be recovered and corrected at the earliest.

the congis are able to do this without a second thought because their interpretations are in tune with what has already been done over the decades and in certain cases over centuries by the BIF and their offshore controllers.

Modi has to worry about the vast numbers of Indians working in islamic countries and xtian countries.

In the end, at some stage and fairly soon too, we have to gird our loins and take these festering and long pending matters to their logical conclusions

Currently, they are unable to get the talaq bill passed and under these circumstances, its utterly idiotic of morons like mediacrooks to voice their silly and ill considered opinions while glossing over the realities of practical politics.

So, in the meanwhile, they are concentration on economic development, delivery of public goods and services, health, poverty alleviation et al while waiting for other factors like numerical control over the RS and LS to align favorably.

every man jack in India who is worth his salt knows very well the direction in which matters are heading.

we just need to wait.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Jun 2019 17:26

just listen to this insufferable and self opinionated ass, colonial virus infected, conceited, cocksure and arrogant familia house nigger.

he has not understood the sheer power of the social media and its most endearing or dangerous attribute, depending on who is looking at it and for what reason, the complete absence of gatekeepers.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHnGF0iw06Q


How Lutyens Delhi Made & Unmade PMs From 1969-90 | The Quint



Last edited by chetak on 18 Jun 2019 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

Kashi
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3569
Joined: 06 May 2011 13:53

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Kashi » 18 Jun 2019 17:32

The video is from Feb 2019. This did not age well.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Jun 2019 17:38

Kashi wrote:The video is from Feb 2019. This did not age well.


especially now, when said author is legally enmeshed in PMLA cases and the authorities are closing in fast.

lootyens mafia flourished and survived ONLY because of its mafiosi gatekeepers.

this mutt obviously counts himself as one of the card carrying members of the lootyens tribe and in a smiling assassin sort of way, seems to be openly warning Modi.

chetak
BRF Oldie
Posts: 20267
Joined: 16 May 2008 12:00

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby chetak » 18 Jun 2019 18:23

is there no end to this gasbag's delusions. Again, a slightly dated and old pre election effort that will no doubt, haunt him for years to come.

here he goes, with both feet in his mouth

with his conspicuously bald pate, one cannot even say that he is now tearing his hair. That ship already seems to have sailed.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggQy3X9eDE


Mr PM, Your TV Pals Forgot Ethics in Covering Priyanka’s Elevation | The Quint



vijayk
BRF Oldie
Posts: 4031
Joined: 22 Jun 1999 11:31

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby vijayk » 18 Jun 2019 19:06

^^ This despicable man needs to be stripped of all his vileness and thrown into jail. Must be panicking now

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karan M » 18 Jun 2019 20:15

Karthik S wrote:
Karan M wrote:
To be fair, what mediacrooks is saying is also what many RW'ers are upset about. However, whether many RWers truly understand Modi & the bigger challenges is also the question. I.e. is focus on culture war, putting violent domestic jihadis in place, temples, "overt RW" core issues >>> than economic advancement in stopping the conversion/breaking India train.


To people who think just economic development is enough, need to look at what's happening in Sweden, UK, France etc. Compare 'minority' population there and here.
Economic development requires a generation, even if India becomes a $10T economy by 2030, that'd be still not put us in upper income country. Still if people say that govt need not touch core issues for next 10 -15 years, all the while EJ, jihadi, commies run amok, then I don't know how prudent thinking that is.
BTW, what will you do if indics fall to just 55% to 60% population range? Rest of the population mostly being BIF. We can look at history to know where that leads us. All swanky roads, bullet trains etc will be war trophies. Just as our rich cities were plundered and indics population disposed off in more ways than one depending on the gender in the past.


I dont think they compare == to India. They gave up on their culture in many ways and went hard/mild left. We are rejecting that. Economic development stops conversions. Cultural pride, and control over state apparatus prevents intimidation of indigenous leaders.
I dont think we "wont" touch core issues, only that it will happen gradually.
Economic advancement is key to stopping the conversion agenda.
Having Sadhvi Pragya, Giriraj, Sarangi in Parliament also speaks for itself.
I think we need to wait and watch before going ballistic as Ravinar has done. Though his going ballistic is also good to keep the pressure on the GOI so it doesn't go too centrist or even leftist.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3860
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KLNMurthy » 18 Jun 2019 20:23

Karthik S wrote:To people who think just economic development is enough


In a forum like BRF, that's a straw man. No one here thinks that.

The challenge and danger is very clear, we know the risks are very high.

I would love it if someone can show a way of neutralizing the danger without an unacceptable level of risk of wholesale violence, human suffering and re-pauperization of India.

I don't think Modi et al are naive about this at all, to my mind, they are the best that are on offer for leadership in the situation in which we find ourselves. But that doesn't mean they, per se, will have been able to come up with a practical solution. The rest of us should keep our minds engaged to develop a solution.

Often, when faced with a situation or problem that seems intractable, one approach would be to try to solve some related problem that could then change the problem space, which may then present a hitherto hidden aspect of the problem, that may make it less intractable. I like to think that team Modi is working somewhat on those lines.

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karan M » 18 Jun 2019 20:29

Righto KLNM.

Preaching culture war, danger of caste divisions, NYT propaganda, EJ hinduphobia is pointless to people struggling for 2 meals a day, living in shanties, shitting in the streets. If Modi gives them dignity, decent economic prospects/welfare net and we fix basics (housing, power, roads, electricity, sanitation, water, forestation), automatically standard of living will rise and EJs/mullahs/caste dividers will be checkmated. People will rise on their own back to where they were.

darshan
BRFite
Posts: 1132
Joined: 28 Jan 2008 04:16

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby darshan » 18 Jun 2019 20:55

Pretty much all of these vocal core guys hardly walk the talk themselves. But are useful to keep the hopes up of something happening. How many of these instant gratification core people have contributed to any where close to people like Goel? For example, does SuSa and his followers maintain any databases of information to fight digital war like muslims do? How many of Arya samaj hollers have died doing ground work? Still waiting for this pretenders to show up to my ancestral area to take on peacefuls where the buffer zone has moved by 2km since independence. Lot of talkers who forget the fight but won't even make trip to police station to file FIRs against peacefuls.

Karan M
Forum Moderator
Posts: 18503
Joined: 19 Mar 2010 00:58

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Karan M » 18 Jun 2019 21:13

What I am also seeing is Modi 's going to temples, and similar stuff may be called election gimmickry by Ravinar and others, but it is also reclaiming the public space which the Left had forced Hinduism out of. Hindus are now getting used to saffron robes in Parliament, decision making etc. A sea change in attitude flows from that. Cursing Modi 24/7 ignores his tangible victories on behalf of all of us in reclaiming the Indian cultural space from the Hinduphobes.

KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie
Posts: 3860
Joined: 17 Aug 2005 13:06

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby KLNMurthy » 18 Jun 2019 21:16

Karan M wrote:Righto KLNM.

Preaching culture war, danger of caste divisions, NYT propaganda, EJ hinduphobia is pointless to people struggling for 2 meals a day, living in shanties, shitting in the streets. If Modi gives them dignity, decent economic prospects/welfare net and we fix basics (housing, power, roads, electricity, sanitation, water, forestation), automatically standard of living will rise and EJs/mullahs/caste dividers will be checkmated. People will rise on their own back to where they were.

That's a good point. If a leader (say Modi) had genuine and deep faith and belief in the core civilizational powers of India, then I can see him viewing his job as unshackling those powers from poverty, filth and general degradation and letting those forces deal with the larger cultural and political challenges organically. Giving India a second chance after 1000+ years of enslavement.


Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sathish_A and 53 guests