Delhi: Truck owner fined Rs 2,00,500 for violating traffic rules
Here are the reasons:
1. Overloading – Rs. 20,000+ Rs. 36,000 (Rs. 2,000 for each extra tonne. The truck had 18 extra tonnes)
2. Without driving license – Rs. 5,000
3. Without registration certificate – Rs. 10,000
4. Without fitness – Rs. 10,000
5. Permit violation – Rs. 10,000
6. Without insurance – Rs. 4,000
7. Pollution under control certificate – Rs. 10,000
8. Uncovered construction material – Rs. 20,000
9. Not wearing the seat belt – Rs. 1,000
Do people realize the damage to the roads caused by overloading? 18 extra tonnes of material! That is like piling up another truck on current truck!
A truck being operated without registration? Why was it even allowed to let go?
And here https://zeenews.india.com/india/police-seize-kashmir-bound-truck-carrying-arms-3-terrorists-held-2233933.html
Police seize Kashmir-bound truck carrying arms, 3 JeM terrorists held
Three terrorists, held in the incident, are currently being questions.
And we come here and lament that "Modi-Amit-Doval - do something on terrorism". We even gave a sobriquet to our ex-Home Min and current raksha mantri. We call him "Kadi Ninda" whenever a terrorist incident happens.
And then we turn around and support the same terrorists. That is we scream about "heavy fines" - in this case on unregistered trucks. Tomorrow the same truck will be carrying arms that will hurt our near and dear ones.