ramana wrote:Rsatchi wrote:Ramanaji
This is from a NTCD (Non-Technical Confused Desi) :
1.What is the need for Mark II platform, yaniki if it's going to take 10 yrs at-least to come through why go through the 'Birthing Pains' can we not concentrate on what is achievable and doable.
2. Is MWF is aka Mark II, and if so will the IAF buy it now that the carrot of Unobtanium ( AMCA in 5 yrs) has been dangled.
3. will MWF or can MWF be suitable for navy as well or are they hell bent on TEDBF AND if that is the case then why not thus modify AMCA naval version and be done with it.
Why this tamasha for another 10 years
We could identify common engine maker for all the above and ask them to set up a manufacturing unit in India. And also any chance of supportin Kaveri by the same???
The reason I am asking is:
1. General elections in 2024 Kaun ayega kya patha??
2. New ACM in a couple of yrs What he is going to do
3. Babu log aka Kabab me haddi always there
4. Concerned Liberandus aka sinha/shourie/poori etcs will always be there
5. And lastly but most importantly the 'Aam Admi' what he is going to do and who will he vote in 2024??
If any two/three of the above 5 changes then the tamasha will repeat
Answers to questions that I can answer:
1. IAF has said they will source new combat planes from India only. Rafale is last buy. having said that the M2Ks will be quite olsd and need replacement. If you note MkII is almost same as M2K in specs. And the trio: DRDO, IAF, and HAL are concentrating on achievable and doable. All under watchful eye.
2. The MkII acquisition is regardless of AMCA. Both are needed in their own time. So decouple the idea in the mind.
3. No. Very clearly all over the world an air force plane has never worked for the navy as there are differences in environments and requirements. Eg. F-4 Phantom et al. So Naval LCA will lead to Naval LCA MKII. TEDBF is future twin engine plane. I don't think the 57 planes requirement will be imported regardless what chatteratti say. If the Naval MKII is cancelled they will get the Naval LCA MKI as it is just now qualified.
Bonus question engine is national priority and will be take up as such.
Rest in political thread.
In future separate political from technical.
1. 2024 BJP with even more majority. Take it in writing.
2. ACM are all good. Congress technique was to make ACM the scape goat for their scams. No such thing now. All are great officers.
3. Babu log used to be a haddi. Ever since Rajiv Gandhi govt collapsed on bribery charges in late 1980s till 2014 permanent govt of babus was running the state. Some were good and many are bad. Now they understand the "Return of the King" as 2014 and 2019 shows. I mean King is Praja not NaMo
4. They are just shills not concerned about anything except pocket books. See answer 3.
5. See answer 1.