2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Re: 2019 Strategic and Political Analysis-1

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 10:23

chetak wrote:
Karan M wrote:
Chetak saar, my retirement plan is to join a PhD program at JNU and while away my time till I am 70 and hopefully kick the bucket. :lol:

Karan M ji,

You and me both. :)
Hostel fees and other perks will remain the same for decades to come. 8)

I already have subject of my thesis planned. 'Impact of BJPs' second rung leadership on the socio-moral fabric' on Kerala.
Should get me smooth entrance, a fierce feminist Malayali guide and few trips to Forrin countries.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Postby Karthik S » 02 Dec 2019 10:25

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:
Karan M ji,

I already have subject of my thesis planned. 'Impact of BJPs' second rung leadership on the socio-moral fabric' on Kerala.
Should get me smooth entrance, a fierce feminist Malayali guide and few trips to Forrin countries.

Seriously, I know few intelligent guys in my college days who didn't join engineering because they couldn't afford the fees.

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 02 Dec 2019 10:32

Business Reformer of the Year: @Dev_Fadnavis , former CM #Maharahstra. #ETAwards

Nov 30

chetak
BRF Oldie

Postby chetak » 02 Dec 2019 10:40

GVL Narasimha Rao Verified account @GVLNRAO

Jairam Ramesh says Congress created Shiv Sena & functioned as a B-Team and sleeper cell of @INCIndia to fight rival unions. Saamna goes silent & Uddhav swallows insults to the legacy of Balasaheb Thackeray by sacrificing Self respect for Self preservation.

So Congress admits they chased South Indians from Bombay,Spew venom on Muslims,Vandalised Gujrati,Marwari businesses , Beat up North Indians.....all through their proxy Shiv Sena

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 02 Dec 2019 10:52

Quite Frankly, getting tired of Uber Hindutva - people like Uddhav Thackerey make a lot of statements for their benefit. Yes BJP, RSS are not perfect but its an imperfect world with lots of constraints. They never comment on INC/ PFI/DK/DMK/ CSI and a whole on interconnected formations, may be they think wiping out RSS/ BJP will be best and then seek justice from the rest.

I guess good luck to them but this constant whining of RSS/BJP and then happily calling other posters Servants is only vistiating the atmosphere here.

Or explain to us lesser souls how the other political forces are better than RSS/BJP like say DMK- their Periyar followers or TMC etc. I have no doubt seeing my whatsapp that most INC/DMK/CPI (M) followers want a post Hindu India. But will ever see Sonia Gandhi, Stalin and Rahul Gandhi states these and even if they do will thier pet Media put these headlines and bombard people, Politics is always talking with a forked tongue, different messages for different target Audience, Like CMP in Marathi and CM in English of the Marathi Agadi, or Pakistani press in Urdu and English. One thing you do not do is make provocative statements to make the opposition base to rally together, hence you make nonsensical speeches , nobody will vote for you, but keeping the opposition voters at HOME is also part of the process. Many here fail to understand this simple logic.

We can see it is to verbally attack your brother/ sister , go for instant gratification rather than play the long haul. If you are economically or miltary weak it is natural you will be finished as a society an open suicidal charge will get you now where, I would love the PAF to keep a target of Bombing Bengaluru alone and not drop a single bomb en route, they should keep flying in Formation with AWACS, tanker fighters with full drop tanks, bomb loads and no AAM's. It will work right- thats what you guys want Indian right center right and right wing to do, all for private agneda.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 02 Dec 2019 11:01

Congress created Shiv Sena to counter trade unions in 1960s: Jairam Ramesh

I belive there is element of truth to this, people like DIlip Ghosh, Togodia, Promod Mutalik, Karni Sena, Puri Sankaracharya etc are kept alive so any slightly pro Hindu person is dismissed as not Hindu enough, similarly Shiv Sena Valentines day attacks just to make sure young people will never vote against INC. Thats why many of Uber Hindus will only attack Hindus, they will never attack others - thier aim to create self Doubt, dont feel happy , they will rejoice BJP defeats and spew venom - they deserved it. The ROL and ROP vote Banks and clear and dont have such self doubts even when INC ties up with Shiv Sena even though they Know INC will for name sake make pro Hindu statements like Sachin Pilot that INC wants to build Ram Temple- this is a direct speech with a forked tongue.

Talk is cheap it is actions which count.

Willpower for most is based on material well being.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 11:01

Karthik S wrote:
Vikas wrote:

Seriously, I know few intelligent guys in my college days who didn't join engineering because they couldn't afford the fees.

Private colleges or Govt ones like REC, NIT etc ?

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 11:04

chetak wrote:
GVL Narasimha Rao Verified account @GVLNRAO

Jairam Ramesh says Congress created Shiv Sena & functioned as a B-Team and sleeper cell of @INCIndia to fight rival unions. Saamna goes silent & Uddhav swallows insults to the legacy of Balasaheb Thackeray by sacrificing Self respect for Self preservation.

So Congress admits they chased South Indians from Bombay,Spew venom on Muslims,Vandalised Gujrati,Marwari businesses , Beat up North Indians.....all through their proxy Shiv Sena

SS will not be sniping at or bickering with NCP+Cong like they did with BJP.
Saamna will not focus on on Modi Ji and how he is acting like Delhi Sultan.
As fat Ramesh's statement, what he is saying is known to all. SS was created and nurtured by Congress till 1993 and then they went separate ways.
I would love to see how UT handles criticism which never came his or BalaSaheb's way on admin issues.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 11:38

What is going on with Pankaja Munde, daughter of Gopinath Munde.
Is she going to quit BJP and join NCP or SS now ?
She is giving enough hints to BJP leadership. Now sure what exactly she wants.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 02 Dec 2019 12:06

We dont know and no need to track Individuals

Karthik S
BRF Oldie

Postby Karthik S » 02 Dec 2019 12:19

Vikas wrote:
Karthik S wrote:

Private colleges or Govt ones like REC, NIT etc ?

Govt. BTW, hope govt comes up with 0 percent interest loans for admissions into premier pvt institutions as well. Had a classmate who got into pilani, but didn't join because of the same reason.

suryag
Forum Moderator

Postby suryag » 02 Dec 2019 12:36

I am waiting for UT to go the secessionist route - “we give so much to the center but our money is given away to *******”

g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Postby g.sarkar » 02 Dec 2019 12:36

Karan M wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:This channel is talking about what was done during the three days that BJP was in power and why it was necessary. It seems that SS had a plan to try to cancel the bullet train and divert the funds. There was also a plan to move funds from the account to help the farmers. These actions could not have been done by a caretaker overnment. It has been rumored DF did a lot of paperwork during this period of three days. However, I do not know if this story is true, only time will tell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97j7l6ggrIo
तीन दिन की सरकार का रहस्य और ठाकरे सरकार का भविष्य- जाने भूतपूर्व रॉ ऑफिसर एनके सूद की ज़ुबानी
Gautam

Similar stories are making the rounds on WhatsApp. Claiming BJP was very smart, this was all Chanakyan, SP was scared by Modi etc etc. Sound implausible to be honest.

Here is more of the stuff:
https://www.rediff.com/news/report/fadn ... 191202.htm
Fadnavis made CM to save Centre's Rs 40K cr funds: Anant Kumar Hegde
December 02, 2019 12:08 IST
Former union minister and Bharatiya Janata Party MP Anant Kumar Hegde has claimed his party colleague Devendra Fadnavis was made chief minister in Maharashtra last month despite lacking majority only to 'protect' Rs 40,000 crore central funds under the CM's control from being 'misused'. Days after Fadnavis resigned barely 80 hours after taking oath for the second time as chief minister, Hegde, known for making controversial statements, sought to give a new twist to the episode describing the government formation by the BJP as a 'drama' played out to ensure that the funds meant for development works were 'protected'. "You all know that recently in Maharashtra for just 80 hours our person was chief minister, but soon Fadnavis resigned. Why did we have to do this drama? Didn't we know -- despite knowing we don't have majority, why did he become CM? This is the question commonly every one ask," Hegde said.
Addressing a gathering, reportedly during a campaign in bypoll-bound Yellapur in Uttara Kannada district on Saturday, he said, "More than about Rs 40,000 crore was under CM's control. If Nationalist Congress Party, Congress and Shiv Sena come to power certainly that Rs 40,000 crore would not have gone for development work and would have gone for different things (misused)."
"It was entirely planned earlier itself. Once we got to know (about three parties forming government) it was decided that a drama has to be played out. So, adjustments were made and oath was taken (by Fadnavis as CM); after oath within 15 hours Fadnavis systematically ensured that it (money) reaches where it had to and protected it," the BJP leader said, speaking in Kannada.
Gautam

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 13:37

Aditya_V wrote:We dont know and no need to track Individuals

We ???

Important individual need to be tracked. Why do you think otherwise Scindia was being tracked.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 13:44

So I went thru lot many online newspaper to read the Op-ed by various political analysts and journalists.
One common theme I saw was advice to BJP to change strategy (be less brash and cocky) and not disturb the incumbent govt and let it complete its term.
The second running theme was advice to UT to become more secular, inclusive and tame Shiv-Sainiks. Also that UT should join Sonia-Front formally and let local satraps resist BJP hegemony across India with support and help from Congress.

Compare this with the advice they normally dish out to Congress where it asked to become more aggressive, point out BJP govt failures and generally become more assertive.

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 02 Dec 2019 14:04

I meant no need to break our heads, we should be careful with anyone who defects away now

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 02 Dec 2019 14:11

g.sarkar wrote:https://www.rediff.com/news/report/fadnavis-made-cm-to-save-centres-rs-40k-cr-funds-anant-kumar-hegde/20191202.htm
My impression about this guy is that he is a loud mouth. Being loudmouth is not bad by itself but being loudmouth to show how great or connected you are does not serve any purpose.

1. IIRC, he has made so many tangential comments in the past that it is difficult for me personally to trust his words.
2. Was there a need to take credit?
3. Will the credit help BJP get more votes in either Karnataka or Maharashtra?
4. Can a caretaker CM take such a decision?
5. If it is true, it can also be spun as Center stealing Maharashtra's money. The fact that is was Center's money gets lost in the din.

How phenomenally unthinking can leaders he? Why is it so difficult to admin that BJP was outplayed by Pawarful rather than invent CTs to protect H&D? In certain situation it is needed but not in this case.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 02 Dec 2019 14:19

Vikas wrote:So I went thru lot many online newspaper to read the Op-ed by various political analysts and journalists.
One common theme I saw was advice to BJP to change strategy (be less brash and cocky) and not disturb the incumbent govt and let it complete its term.
The second running theme was advice to UT to become more secular, inclusive and tame Shiv-Sainiks. Also that UT should join Sonia-Front formally and let local satraps resist BJP hegemony across India with support and help from Congress.

Compare this with the advice they normally dish out to Congress where it asked to become more aggressive, point out BJP govt failures and generally become more assertive.
CON Media toadies should shove their advice up their ...

1. They really feel that "their" government is still in danger despite having a clear majority and to an extent the fear is valid.
2. Sena has already move a bit but wont go to their place of comfort. Its old image will not disappear overnight nor its carder be pacified. Sena has a delicate balancing act to perform if it wants to survive in Maha as a major political entity. The CON media toadies are daydreaming.

First was "Secularism == Hindu Rashtra" and now this,
https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1201048965279449090
ANI @ANI

Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray: I have learnt a lot of things from Devendra Fadvanis and I will always be friends with him. I am still with the ideology of 'Hindutva' and won't ever leave it. In past 5 years, I've never betrayed the govt.

Sachin
Webmaster BR

Postby Sachin » 02 Dec 2019 14:49

What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?
Day after industrialist Rahul Bajaj’s comments, BJP minister claims ‘fake narratives’ being created

Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Postby Aditya_V » 02 Dec 2019 15:37

Sachin wrote:What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?
Day after industrialist Rahul Bajaj’s comments, BJP minister claims ‘fake narratives’ being created

Moving on from selling BS stage III Vehicles to BS VI vehicles has hitting him really hard.

kvraghav
BRFite

Postby kvraghav » 02 Dec 2019 15:41

kittoo
BRFite

Postby kittoo » 02 Dec 2019 16:03

Sachin wrote:What is the goose with Rahul Bajaj? Any raids or tax frauds detected or some thing similar coming his way?

Bajaj is a Congress pasand company through and through. They have huge portraits and posters of Gandhi, and I think Nehru too though I dont remember that entirely, at their headquarters. When I used to work there it was joke among the employees that we are working at a Congress company.
Just see the video of Rahul Bajaj fawning over Rahul Gandhi a couple of years back. They've always been like that.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Dec 2019 16:21

Vikas wrote:
chetak wrote:
Karan M ji,

same here.. although you may find myself earlier..although my topic thesis topic would be more in line with the ethos of JNU
role of Stalin, Mao and Xi in increasing the average human life expectancy and as a limiting factor on evils of capitalism...

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 16:34

/sarc on

Rahul Bajaj is right. See how he was criticizing Sonia Govt day in day out and that too openly.
He even called out Congress deceit during opening up of economy in 1991 and predicted doomsday and also led the so called Bombay Club.
/sarc off

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 16:39

pankajs wrote:
g.sarkar wrote:https://www.rediff.com/news/report/fadnavis-made-cm-to-save-centres-rs-40k-cr-funds-anant-kumar-hegde/20191202.htm
My impression about this guy is that he is a loud mouth. Being loudmouth is not bad by itself but being loudmouth to show how great or connected you are does not serve any purpose.

1. IIRC, he has made so many tangential comments in the past that it is difficult for me personally to trust his words.
2. Was there a need to take credit?
3. Will the credit help BJP get more votes in either Karnataka or Maharashtra?
4. Can a caretaker CM take such a decision?
5. If it is true, it can also be spun as Center stealing Maharashtra's money. The fact that is was Center's money gets lost in the din.

How phenomenally unthinking can leaders he? Why is it so difficult to admin that BJP was outplayed by Pawarful rather than invent CTs to protect H&D? In certain situation it is needed but not in this case.

In this CT, Fadanavis part I can buy, But what Ajit's majboori in going along with this plan. What was he saving ? His urine that could fill up the canals.
Isn't it silly to think that a state can just utilize funds provided by center for a specific purpose for any purpose it wants. It isn't like 40K crore were sitting in current account of Maha govt.

No shame in accepting that BJP rolled the dice but could not get the right numbers. I hope UT is successful and eats up all the political space occupied by NCP and Congress. Who knows He may even get Fundoo votes which were so animical to SS.

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Dec 2019 18:11

^^these guys must have ED/NIA breathing fire down their necks...

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Postby UlanBatori » 02 Dec 2019 18:38

At what point can a Recall Petition be accepted, to scrap the whole MH election and start over? With all the present Cabinet at least, banned? MH is heading for the Keralam model.

Vikas
BRF Oldie

Postby Vikas » 02 Dec 2019 19:15

ArjunPandit wrote:^^these guys must have ED/NIA breathing fire down their necks...

My 2 cents..
Dots don't connect. NM/AS waited for so many days before making their move to transfer 40K Cr back into central kitty. It isn't some loose change that account books could hide. This could have been a by product of the whole 'early morning oath' saga.
To assume that other than BJP, every other party is out there to screw India is also hard to digest (not including Commies and Cong) no is a grand strategy to go to the public.
If ED/NIA was so powerful, We would have seen whole of Congress and NCP joining BJP en-mass.
Didn't happen. Enforcement agencies are anyways overrated in India with prosecution rate in single digits especially against powerful people.

Lekhraj
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Lekhraj » 02 Dec 2019 19:25

No money transfer happened. DF Clarifies:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/i ... 5kn1L.html

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 02 Dec 2019 20:18

Lekhraj wrote:No money transfer happened. DF Clarifies:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/videos/i ... 5kn1L.html
Anant Kumar Hegde is a repeat offender, IIRC.

The fact that an ex-CM of a state of your own party had to refute you does not reflect well on anyone. Plus it provides ammunition to opposition either ways.

Why indulge in CT when it is far simpler to admit that BJP was outplayed by Pawarful. Hyping a situation is ok but circulating CT at his level is not. Whatsapp gyan should be limited to Whatsapp folks.

somdev
BRFite -Trainee

Postby somdev » 02 Dec 2019 20:31

NRC will sink BJP/AS-NaMo combine. A small number of infiltrators are Muslims from Bangladesh and that too will stop as B'Desh moves forward on a 8.5% GDP trajectory. Majority of NRC detainees are helpless Hindus (mostly belonging to SC category) who do not even have papers to establish their credentials.

NRC was a delayed script grenade which Congress had left behind in Assam and BJP picked it up not realising the underlying strong pro-Assamese sub-nationalistic theme attached to it!

https://www.news18.com/news/politics/your-votes-to-decide-if-jharkhand-will-walk-on-path-of-development-or-naxalism-amit-shah-at-poll-rally-2408703.html

ArjunPandit
BRF Oldie

Postby ArjunPandit » 02 Dec 2019 20:37

somdev, I am not sure how you are getting the small % of numbers. Based on my limited experience with delhi and east delhi..majority of them are not what you say..in fact it is other way around.and they've multiplied fast..

i do not disagree that it is a landmine..even if majority are from the other side, what do we do? expecting bangladesh to take them back is plain stupid..it is not going to be a small number. My view on it is ..this is a battle to be fought for later time ..UCC is more rewarding

Lekhraj
BRFite -Trainee

Postby Lekhraj » 02 Dec 2019 20:38

"UCC is more rewarding"

+108

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Postby SBajwa » 02 Dec 2019 20:46

ArjunPandit wrote:somdev, I am not sure how you are getting the small % of numbers. Based on my limited experience with delhi and east delhi..majority of them are not what you say..in fact it is other way around.and they've multiplied fast..

i do not disagree that it is a landmine..even if majority are from the other side, what do we do? expecting bangladesh to take them back is plain stupid..it is not going to be a small number. My view on it is ..this is a battle to be fought for later time ..UCC is more rewarding

Even in rural punjab you can see these bangladeshi muslims making jaggery and doing other odd jobs apart from theft,etc.

fanne
BRF Oldie

Postby fanne » 02 Dec 2019 20:47

Somdev ji, your love for BJP's well being is very touching and heart warming. One piece of advice, FWIW, one can have 180 degree view on something, but treating the other side by insulting their intelligence will not take anyone far.
If you read, BJP has two parts of the NRC draft 1) Catch all non citizens 2) All Hindus non citizens (and other religion) except one particular religion (because they already have a country granted on the basis of their religion) will be granted Indian citizenship.
This is the draft agreement in parliament and also NM/AS has repeated it million of times in Assam/WB elections. So please, stop thinking we at BR are some stupid guys who will be dazzled by Marx and Mamta and just accept anyone's explanation. RW can be accused of anything but not lack of logical thinking and of lying where as LW is defined by these two qualities.

pankajs
BRF Oldie

Postby pankajs » 02 Dec 2019 21:06

^^
Yes Somdev's concern for BJP is indeed very touching and you have covered the counters well. Just my 2 cents ...

1. NRC was already a hotly debated issues when GE 2019 poll happened in Assam and Bengal when BJP got it tremendous mandate.
2. In the rest of the state, there is hardly any concern from BJP's core base ad also the rest of the citizens.
3. CAB, that is expected to be introduced very soon, will precede the nationwide NRC. This too has been declared publicly on multiple occasions. That should allay fears of Hindu migrants from Bangladesh.
4. NRC, like the RJB grenade left for the BJP by CON, will help propel BJP forward. The harder the opposition gangs up on NRC the sharper the BJP messaging will become as happened with RJB where they remained the only party to get credit for their stand.

Btw, the way people are reporting Bangladeshis across the country, there are more than a handful of them.

somdev
BRFite -Trainee

Postby somdev » 02 Dec 2019 22:19

In 2019 GE for West Bengal Lok Sabha election result was a bonanza for BJP. Indeed it t was but why? BJP had no booth level organisation before Mukul Roy came into scene. He used his organisation skills to enhance BJPs chances. Further, CPI(M) cadres to save their skins transferred their vote enmasse to BJP to prevent TMC winning seats. That trend has reversed now and Didi will win thumping majority in 2021 state elections. Mukul Roy is already sidelined in Bengal BJP. Dilip Ghosh the state BJP president and MP could not even hold on to the Kharagpur assembly seat in the recent by-election

Sanju
BRFite

Postby Sanju » 02 Dec 2019 22:29

Vikas wrote:What is going on with Pankaja Munde, daughter of Gopinath Munde.
Is she going to quit BJP and join NCP or SS now ?
She is giving enough hints to BJP leadership. Now sure what exactly she wants.

Vikas ji,
This is CW Report, so TIFWIW. The seat was given to her brother apparently and so the khujli.

Rajesh_MR
BRFite

Postby Rajesh_MR » 02 Dec 2019 22:54

^ Was there a comment from Mr Bajaj also about someone being in jail for 100 days?

Supratik
BRF Oldie

Postby Supratik » 02 Dec 2019 23:04

He is trolling. I believe he was on BRF doing the same thing in the past and got banned. Mamata is giving some soundbites about NRC but all west bengalies want NRC. And even if TMC wins doesn't matter. All data is going to be put into database. Can be revisited even after 500 years. And CPIM asked their voters to shift to BJP!!! He is smoking something strong.

Return to “Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum”