J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by NRao »

partha wrote: btw Mr Arnab Goswami on Republic TV is screaming that "India now dictates global order". lolwut? :rotfl:
As a FYI (https://www.cfr.org/event/conversation- ... ar-india-0. Sept 25, 2019):
WISNER: Minister, I think what I’m also trying to drive at is what is the strategic framework that you have and the prime minister has in mind as you chart India’s course forward, and where do we fit in? What should be the objectives of the U.S.-India relationship?

JAISHANKAR: Well, you know, the strategic framework, in a way, is not something which we can determine. We can determine our strategic part or strategic options, but the strategic framework is something which will evolve from the interaction of world powers with each other.

So this sort of world scenario, to me the strategic framework would be more multipolarity; unfortunately, less multilateralism; leading, suddenly from the perspective of a country like India, to a sort of a—I would say a multi-alignment, which is you keep your relationships well-oiled with all the major power centers, and the country which does that best actually has political positioning in the world which may be superior to its actual structural strengths. So I think good diplomacy probably means more today than it did a few years ago.

I think Arnab is right and more importantly, the US has come to acknowledge India's position. But a more detailed discussion in an appropriate thread.
Najunamar
BRFite

Post by Najunamar »

I think many a times it is difficult to spot the exact turning point when say a nation is acknowledged as a major driver of Global order. We're probably witnessing it but as Nraoji says, OT here. Symptoms are discernible in the response to 370 abrogation. But, full picture is only clear with help of hindsight possibly 10-15 years later (hence the claims of delusion by the likes of CRamsji)
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

pankajs wrote:https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 365345.cms
Imran Khan thanks nation, wife Bushra Bibi for his ‘Kashmir performance’ at UNGA
Today he fired Maleeha Lodi and brought back Woman abuser Munir Akram as UN envoy for TSP.
Unstated reasons were the failure of his USN speech!!!
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Maleeha Lodhi fired? Munir Akram back? :rotfl:
THAT will raise Pak credibility at UN, I am sure.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

This has Rawalpindi's signature. Only they have tactical brilliance to have the abrasive Munir Akram to go to UN and teach India a few lessons. Seems the kammandus are mightily impressed by his fighting op-eds.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Can someone explain the significance of this: "SC refers Article 370 pleas to Constitution bench."? I do not want to shiver in my dhoti unnecessarily.
Gautam
https://www.rediff.com/news/report/sc-r ... 190930.htm
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

More delay.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

UlanBatori wrote:Maleeha Lodhi fired? Munir Akram back? :rotfl:
THAT will raise Pak credibility at UN, I am sure.
UlanBatoriji,
'O ye, of little faith'. Have some faith on Peerni Bibi Saheba. She is being directed by higher powers. Alternatively, she is the higher power. With her direction Dimran cannot go wrong.
Gautam
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

Fight back against Paki-loving Aurangzeb-worshipper Audrey Truschke. She is feeling the heat from Rutgers after committing brazen anti-India propaganda.

PHONE the number given, leave a voice mail with your calmly stated opinion.

SIGN the linked Petition.

MAX RT the Tweet below.

https://twitter.com/YoungMonk3/status/1 ... 24000?s=19
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Oh, so Dimran's New Clear Worry is this:
900,000 Indian troops are raping 8 million Kashmiris every day with the Inhuman Curfew.
When this is lifted (duh! it was lifted weeks ago...) there will be Reaction.

And for that Pakistan will be blamed.

180 million Indian Muslims will be radicalized.
And for that Pakistan will be blamed.

And two nations are New Clear Armed.
So Pakistan will use New Clear Weapons.
And Indian nukes will vaporize Pakistan into the atmosphere of Earth.
And you'll be sorry because you will be breathing pakistan-infected air.

It is a Tall FAIR and tight-assed worry.

Very nuanced Phoren Bolijy sbeech. I had not appreciated this b4.

BTW, the Indian Delegashun (all 2 of them) sitting there, look fearsome. A proper counterweight, if I might say so, to the Paki Shrilleen Parliamentarian we saw in the Maldives screeching: "Bakistan is VICTIM of terrorism!"
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Rudradev wrote:Fight back against Paki-loving Aurangzeb-worshipper Audrey Truschke. She is feeling the heat from Rutgers after committing brazen anti-India propaganda.
Done. I asked her to reveal funding sources for her research on twitter. I was very respectful. She blocked me soon after.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Rudradev wrote:Fight back against Paki-loving Aurangzeb-worshipper Audrey Truschke. She is feeling the heat from Rutgers after committing brazen anti-India propaganda.

PHONE the number given, leave a voice mail with your calmly stated opinion.

SIGN the linked Petition.

MAX RT the Tweet below.

https://twitter.com/YoungMonk3/status/1 ... 24000?s=19
IIRC Rutgers has been in hot water before for hate-speech by it's professors , and insisting first about "freedom of expression" ityadi had punished tenured faculty.. after media/twitter outrage ..PLEASE RT and include their dean, etc..(Hope RD can provide these here for others). Thanks.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Rutgers is the disgusting House of Sodomy which sent a FRESHMAN Indian student to jail, claiming that he was "responsible" for the suicide of his roommate. This was a FRESHMAN DORMITORY. The reason why freshmen are compelled to live in dorms rather than off-campus housing, is to provide a protected place on campus with plenty of adult and peer support.

In this case, the Rutgers freshman dorm was being used as a homosexual (and maybe other) brothel: the poor kid's roommate was getting a 30-year old visitor for above purpose. HOW did this guy get allowed into a freshman dorm? Rutgers covered up this horror.

The kid tried complaining, but to no avail. So he installed a camera in his room, and it faithfully recorded the goings-on, and put them on the Internet so that there was a record and people could see it. Clearly this was due to the gross failure (or worse) of Rutgers to enforce basic protection of freshmen in their dorm rooms.

Imagine you are a first-year college student straight from India, put into a dorm room, and find yourself in Buggery Hall - and the Authorities don't listen, let alone act?

The roommate, tortured soul, no doubt poorly brought up, jumped off a bridge. Rutgers then handed the kid over to the police, and they put him in jail!!!!! The most horrific abuse of the legal system I have heard in recent times.

So Rutgers is a blatantly anti-Indian, anti-Hindu, anti-human House of Sodomy. Needs to be shut down. No wonder the "faculty" they can find are no better than the rabid Audrey whatzit.
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

Vayutuvan wrote:
Done. I asked her to reveal funding sources for her research on twitter. I was very respectful. She blocked me soon after.
^^^Audrey Truschke got sponsored by American Institute of Pakistan Studies in Columbia Univ. Went to Lahore way back in 2007 to get groomed by ISI --
Amber G.
BRF Oldie

Post by Amber G. »

^^^ Check this out about Rabid Ms Truschke:

Audrey Truschke works for the American Institute of Pakistan Studies which despite its academic name is a Pakistani lobby group funded by ISI.

The AIPS agenda is to favor the Islamic and Pakistani narrative in Western media and in contemporary and historical studies of the Indian subcontinent.
She is an "American scholar on the history of the Indian subcontinent. She has been involved in spreading intensely anti-Hindu and pro-Islamic sentiments in American media and academia. Hundreds of Indian Leftists and Muslims retweet her anti-Hindu outbursts on Twitter.

Links showing her relationship with AIPS for quite some time:

https://archive.fo/4jW2W
https://archive.fo/9ew13
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

NRIs will have far more credibility in raising this with Rutgers than native Indians.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Amber G. wrote: ^^^Audrey Truschke got sponsored by American Institute of Pakistan Studies in Columbia Univ. Went to Lahore way back in 2007 to get groomed by ISI --
I didn't know that but suspected as much. That is why I asked her to reveal the sources so that we can be reassured that she is doing academic research to learn and teach, not carrying water for vested interests. I never knew my WAG would hit her in a sensitive spot.
vimal
BRFite

Post by vimal »

Yep she is 100% ISI Todie. Found this link from American Institute of Pakistan Studies:

http://www.pakistanstudies-aips.org/con ... e-selected
AIPS Short-Term 2012-13 Fellows are selected
Submitted Wednesday, March 28th, 2012
The AIPS 2012-13 Short-Term Fellows to Pakistan have been awarded.

Congratulations to the three selected Fellows in the first round of the 2012-13 competition for Short-Term fellowships.

William Johnson, University of Oregon
Sameer Lalwani, MIT
Audrey Truschke, Columbia University
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Karan M wrote:NRIs will have far more credibility in raising this with Rutgers than native Indians.
Pls read the horror story I posted. That was not an NRI story: the kid's parents were (rich) resident Indians. Which is why the kid got railroaded, with an incompetent attorney. (Parents of the kid who killed himself were *****ish). Eventually the Indian parents managed to get him released from jail and deported, but it should have been a $500M lawsuit against Rutgers, had it not been desis.

A move to blacklist Rutgers based on this alone would be good, in India. Their Pakistan leaning is just additional bonus to administer a good Jhapad. If you attack on that alone they will immediately cloak themselves in the "Academic Freedom" raincoat. But if they are exposed for running a brothel in a freshman dorm, that is a different ballgame altogether. And the story is horribly true.
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

UB ji... the kid (Dharun Ravi)'s family were NRIs BUT GC holders & non-citizens. Even after decades living in US, raising children to near-adulthood there, Dharun's father kept his Indian passport rather than apply for a Yanquis one (for which he was qualified many times over).

Let that be a lesson to the NRIs on BRF who let other halfwit (student-visa-rejected) posters guilt them into doing something similarly stupid for purely sentimental reasons.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OT, but it sure seemed like the parents were bamboozled. Despite decades in Yoo Ess, were they so incapable of finding an attorney who would fight? Or NJ is just such a totally racist state (entirely possible). The responsibility of the so-called "university" to maintain a safe environment for studying, not a sex gallery, was just not even mentioned in the whole case. I could not understand why the attorney was THAT bad.
Maybe a good time to extract vengeance.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:Rutgers is the disgusting House of Sodomy ... No wonder the "faculty" they can find are no better than the rabid Audrey whatzit.
UB ji, with all due respect, sire

I would be very reluctant to tar a flagship state university with such a broad brush.

They do world-class research in Mathematics - pure and applied. It may not be as good as the madrassa of Ulanbator in certain areas. That is no reason for ridicule, if I may say so.

FWIW
Rudradev
BRF Oldie

Post by Rudradev »

UlanBatori wrote:
Karan M wrote:NRIs will have far more credibility in raising this with Rutgers than native Indians.
Pls read the horror story I posted. That was not an NRI story: the kid's parents were (rich) resident Indians. Which is why the kid got railroaded, with an incompetent attorney. (Parents of the kid who killed himself were *****ish).

No they weren't. The suicidal buttboy was one Tyler Clementi (Italian).
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Looks like Deccan Herald has got an exclusive reporter who cries about J&K situation every day.
Lawmakers concerned over J&K situation
Opposition contests Shah's normacly claims in J&K

There was one more sob story in the printed edition crying about how normal life is being hit in the Kashmir Valley. It seems truckers are sitting idle, because if they venture out stone pelters would damage the truck. The trucker is a Kashmiri peacefool, and the stone pelters are also from the same group. So let them enjoy the fun.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Rutgers is full of Desi students who fund it literally. Many of them have student loans from Indian banks especially public sector banks. All GoI has to do is to bring out a policy for funding student loans to univs outside of India and create a blacklist of universities practicing Hinduphobia and which show lack of security for Indian students and a guideline for banks, public and private, to not issue student loans to such universities under such blacklist.

If the university wants to contest such an inclusion, they should be politely told what will help get them out of this blacklist.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

The first snowfall today at Skardu. Poised for an early winter this time in the valley.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Paf should practice some ice landings and loose a few F-16's and Mirages in the process.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

schinnas wrote:Rutgers is full of Desi students who fund it literally. Many of them have student loans from Indian banks especially public sector banks. All GoI has to do is to bring out a policy for funding student loans to univs outside of India and create a blacklist of universities practicing Hinduphobia and which show lack of security for Indian students and a guideline for banks, public and private, to not issue student loans to such universities under such blacklist.

If the university wants to contest such an inclusion, they should be politely told what will help get them out of this blacklist.
Exactly. But the media will be full of caterwauling about fascism.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... icide-case
2016:

The former Rutgers University student whose roommate killed himself six years ago after being recorded kissing another man pleaded guilty Thursday to a single count of attempted invasion of privacy.

Dharun Ravi, 24, admitted that he activated a secret video camera in order to record his roommate, 18-year-old freshman Tyler Clementi, with the belief that Clementi and another man were preparing to have sex.

Clementi died when he jumped off the George Washington Bridge three days after he learned that Ravi had shared the video with other students. The case drew national attention to the issues of cyberbullying and harassment of gays and lesbians.

The plea deal comes after a New Jersey appeals court last month threw out Ravi's 2012 conviction on 15 counts, including invasion of privacy and bias intimidation. The appellate court decision came after the state Supreme Court last year ruled that the laws under which Ravi was convicted were unconstitutional and that the ruling could be applied retroactively.

Under the plea agreement, Ravi was sentenced to time he had already served in jail under the original sentence, 20 days. He had also done court-required community service and paid a $10,000 fine.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But Rutgers got off free. Vayutuvanji, a Point of Odour here.
Did Rutgers say, "(the desi student) came with excellent credentials, top-ranker in high school, superlative SAT score, came from an Ancient Civilisation and a Good Family, so not fair to tar him with a brush"? Or have him hauled off to jail on charges that proved to be unconstitutional? AFAIK, "being top-notch in research" has nothing to do as an excuse for running such a horrible state of affairs in a freshman dorm - and cruelly destroying those who speak up and show the truth. Consider: this was a FRESHMAN. All he did was connect a video to the internet, showing daily activities - something that millions do every day. Worst he was "guilty of" was the equivalent of someone bringing in a BRF postor's identity/place of employment into an argument as a low blow. He may have deserved a "don't do that again" as in telling the truth at Rutgers, but nothing more.

Isn't it the ancient cultural hangup holding us back, saying: "But but but, we should naat criticize such a whirled class madarssa, it is baarn in good phamily onlee?" I think this is what held back whatever lawyer the family hired, and the cynical Rutgers lawyers ran over them with tanks, absolutely no qualms.

Rutgers did what it did. The 30-yeard old bugger was not even arrested. None of these had their actions scrutinized. The kisser (exactly what part of the anatomy was being kissed shall be left to the imagination of those who have any) ended his life, so there was some closure on that. But only this poor kid had to plead Guilty On One Count - of what? showing the completely unacceptable truth, criminal IMO, going on in the Rutgers freshman dormitory.

If Rutgers is STILL funded by desis, that is because they are spineless idiots. Anyway, going by past behavior, some of the postors here must be deluging the admins with complaints on my posts, so b4 I am banned, I do a Pak Army Downhill Ski - this is the last I am saying on this. Even on BRF ppl don't seem to see what was horribly wrong - it is like "if it happens to a desi it must be because they were in the wrong onlee (yawn)".
Last edited by UlanBatori on 01 Oct 2019 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ my last word too - the University did not prosecute, it was the State of New Jersey that did. The last official interaction Clementi had with the University was when he asked for a room change, and for some punishment for Dharun Ravi. We do not know what the University might have done had Clementi not jumped to his death off the George Washington bridge. When investigating Clementi's suicide, the state decided to charge Ravi.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

menon s wrote:The first snowfall today at Skardu. Poised for an early winter this time in the valley.
An early heavy-snow winter that makes infiltration from Pakistan difficult will be a god-send.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Throwing stones on an ice-covered street incurs the Newton's 3rd Law problem of falling on one's mijjile. May save from a pellet-gun blast in the mug.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

schinnas wrote:Rutgers is full of Desi students who fund it literally. Many of them have student loans from Indian banks especially public sector banks. All GoI has to do is to bring out a policy for funding student loans to univs outside of India and create a blacklist of universities practicing Hinduphobia and which show lack of security for Indian students and a guideline for banks, public and private, to not issue student loans to such universities under such blacklist.

Sorry, I know you are aware, but we are building castles in the air with our "all GoI has to do is ..." fantasizing.

Modi sarkar will do no such thing for us. I guarantee it. If someone wants "all you have to do" to happen, they have to take the lead and organize and make it happen. Maybe Modi sarkar won't stand in the way.

They did something like that one time with the khans in Mongolia. Scaling it and sustaining it takes energy, bloody-minded determination, and money.

You put down a concrete set of steps here. An organization other than GoI can build such a database, and do all the steps except the actual banning. Lobby for it like anyone with an agenda. Take out media ads calling for a boycott. Tell parents about the "sock on doorknob" culture in US college dorms. Publish hit pieces in the vernacular media. And send out "pracharaks" to colleges educating students about Hinduphobia. Work with student leaders who are more accessible than GoI big shots and may be looking for issues on which to build a political career.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/j ... 2019-10-01

15 kg explosives recovered from bus at Jammu bus stand
the bus was coming from Billawar Tehsil of Kathua district. The bag full of explosives was given to the conductor of the bus in Bilawar.

Acting on a specific input, security forces stopped the bus near Jammu bus stand at KC Road and conducted thorough checking. A bag full of explosives was found. One suspect was also detained for questioning.

Earlier reports had emerged that a suspicious object, purportedly an explosive, was found in a bus at the Jammu bus stand.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, lets get back to J&K discussion please.

The perception battle continues. Western media continues its "Kashmir human rights" blitz relentlessly. Abhijit iyer Mitra has written some good pieces after his visit.

The picture that emerges to me at least is the extent to which TSP has spread its tentacles both physically and ideologically in the valley. Its formidable. The separatist KMs are now well trained to tell gora reporters exactly what the doctors ordered in Rawilpindi and the goras are only too happy to lap that up. Abhijit uncovers how the game is played. So the center piece of the KM separatist TSP combine is to hammer away the 'human rights' theme using the communication restrictions in separatist strong holds as an excuse.

I see a war of attrition. TSP is working hard to get the restrictions lifted so their game plan can be executed: suicide attacks against Indian forces using protesting separatist civilians as a cover, have civilians killed in retaliatory firing by Indian forces, and "human rights" violations propaganda raised to a feverish pitch. What this means is that post 370, the fundamental equation still remains the same: Indian govt doing its best to bring about rapprochement with KMs, and TSP doing everything to prevent that. This context is all truth, and nothing but the truth, but this will not appear in the 'international" court of opinion.

Only this time, India will have to bite the bullet. And its not going to be a pretty sight. They will have to continue the blockade, eliminate some TSP colludes, and yes, sometimes torture the local traitor b@stards for ISI plans, suffer the ignominy of pompous goras and Indian sepoys castigating India for 'human rights', but I think ModiJi has to stay the course.

Any loosening of restrictions and a full scale jihad, we are back to pre-Aug 5th. Fundamental equation has not changed, and will change only when KMs realize the futility of armed resistance and playing willing pawns to TSP's tunes. Goras either out of ignorance or to spread hate against India will never put this context as they hammer away at their fake narrative.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

My latest response tweet to Kugelboy who can't control his orgasams post Talib's UNGA hate speech
Michael Kugelman
@MichaelKugelman
Context is important. Had there been no article 370 repeal, the tone of Khan's speech would've been softer. Similarly, any Pak leader giving that speech after an article 370 repeal would've used a similar tone to Khan. So this wasn't just about Khan. It was about the context.
Chowkidar CRamS

Replying to
@MichaelKugelman
Kugelboy, this narrative is exactly what ISI doctors in Rawalpindi ordered and you comply like a loyal slave. Was context important when OBL took out twin towers? After all, he can claim that if US/Israel didn't do this or that, he would have been 'softer'. CC:
@CChristineFair
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

UlanBatori wrote:But Rutgers got off free. Vayutuvanji, a Point of Odour here.
Did Rutgers say, "(the desi student) came with excellent credentials, top-ranker in high school, superlative SAT score, came from an Ancient Civilisation and a Good Family, so not fair to tar him with a brush"?
UB ji,

"a Point of Odour" or "a Point of Dour"?!!! :mrgreen:

I never shrink from speaking out against any injustice. Now that is out of the way (OT stuff follows)

I was sad when the incident took place. Three people made mistakes out of immaturity. Roommate allowing his boyfriend to come into the dorm without taking Ravi into his confidence, Ravi switching on the camera instead of asking for a roommate change (happens all the time) or going to floor RA after talking to his roommate, and the most egregious one - the young woman he had sent the video to who uploaded the same onto the internet. That young woman got off relatively free.

Well, it is all water under the bridge and totally OT.
Last edited by Vayutuvan on 02 Oct 2019 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

CRams, LOL! Liked your response to Kugelman. Context or no context, there can be no justification for the ad hominem attacks, and naked hatred for India, BJP and Hinduism displayed by IK in most vile and hateful language, that too from UNGA of all gatherings! He spoke like a road side rabble rouser of the lowest kind. It is time Indian Americans condemn it in letters to US media houses and those who are connected write OpEds in major magazines and newspapers questioning the sanity of Imran Khan given his religious fanatic wife and her delusions with Jinns, etc.