J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by CRamS »

Guys, I wonder how many honest Kashmir Muslims there who tell it like it is in this blog which I got from Aarti Tikoo's twitter post

https://khamoshkashmiri.blogspot.com/20 ... n.html?m=1

As I read that blog, the author refers to 2 Kashmir Pandit women who testified during the hearing, one sponsored by ISI, and the other of course Aarti Tikoo. Now who is this other Pandit woman? I thought the Paki pervert puppet with an India Hindu name was that vermin Ananga Chatterji. And she is no Pandit. Or is she?
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i think india could take pakis to some aviation forum for non compliance to intl overflight rules...
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

CRamS ji, that Kaul chick, I guess.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

I'm not too happy at seeing 28 EU members " inspect" Kashmir tomorrow. We cannot allow any international entity to get a toehold into our internal affairs in J&K.

I understand the need for it to counter Paki propaganda, but Pak will do the same thing on its side.Can we also ensure that quisling Kashmiris will not behave like loyal Indians? What about the Abdullahs and Muftis?
Internationalising the Kashmir issue which is a straightforward attempt at land-grabbing by the Pakis which can only be dealt with with finality by military force is fraught with danger. We know how Nehru cursed the west for fooling him in agreeing to a cease- fire ehen the Pakis werd in thd run, and taking the issue to the new UN in his letters to his sister Mrs.Pandit.

It is a calculated risk being taken by the GOI and I sincerely hope that it will succeed, but we must be eternally vigilant and one visit should not bd a precursor for open EU or western " peace tourism" every year!
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

manjgu wrote:i think india could take pakis to some aviation forum for non compliance to intl overflight rules...
Done !!!!!!!!!!

India takes up Pakistan's denial of airspace use to PM's aircraft with intl body
PTI | Oct 28, 2019, 08.36 AM IST
:D :D :D

NEW DELHI: India has taken up Pakistan's denial of use of its airspace to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's flight with the International Civil Aviation Organisation, government sources said on Monday.

Modi is travelling to Saudi Arabia later in the day on a bilateral visit. India has sought overflight clearance from Pakistan for the prime minister's aircraft to go to Saudi Arabia.

Sources said India regrets Pakistan's decision to yet again deny overflight clearance for the VVIP special flight which is otherwise granted routinely by any normal country. :rotfl: :rotfl:

India has taken up the issue of denial of overflight clearance with the relevant international civil aviation body, they said.

"Overflight clearances are sought, and granted by other countries as per prescribed ICAO guidelines," said a source.

India will continue to seek such overflight clearances, sources said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 788573.cms
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

agupta wrote:
UlanBatori wrote:If I may wander into a rotten-tomato-throwing contest...

I don't think postor aguptaji meant to diss postor CRamSji. He merely pointed out that refusing overflight permission to the Indian PM was a "victory for the small-minded". I am pretty sure he meant the Pakis and I think anyone with ANY portion of a "mind" should get insulted at that. Pakis don't. I mean have minds. :)

Adminullahs pls consider requesting postor "agupta"ji (as in Non-Gupta?) to change handle to avoid confusion with A_Guptaji. hGupta is suppose is sufficiently distinct. Maybe a numerical scheme is better: A-Gupta (no change), then Gupta000000002, Gupta000000003.. (number can be quite high..) :mrgreen:

Fun posts - thanks UBji for the assist - that was spot on.

CRAmS - no insult meant. Just a "really ? THIS is getting your goat... have seen you unfazed at much bigger (IMO of course) items !" sentiment.

Oh some ambiguity about name handles is always good to bring in the socratic principle.. judge on content, not on who said what. At my last place of work, I was up to a double digit number what with my name being so common - bliss to not do that here on BRF
be distinctive and decisive, saar.

from merely (no offence :)) agupta to the suave and distinguished TheGupta.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

To my untrained mango Abdul eyes all those saga of seeking Over Flight Permission & not getting it etc looks like Moh Maya (illusions) created by MAD trio.

They are again and again giving Pakis long rope to climb and then suddenly pulling it back :rotfl:

Seems like due to prolonged inbreeding Paki baboons & deep state has became so much incompetent that they are again & again falling on those traps set by MAD :?: :!:

May be just like in 1971 when R&AW set up a false flag operation of IA plane Hijack to deny pakis over flight rights over India to the East Pakistan, MAD is also preparing base for some Chanakiyan move down the line.

Let see...........
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

manjgu wrote:my srinagar houseboat man tells me tourists have started trickling in...he hosted a indonesian group plus local domestic tourists !! shops opening early morning ..late evening. called me to wish happy diwali !!
A Kashmiri travel agency I have used in the past and whose judgement I trust - on normalcy for tourists, also told me the situation is fast returning
to normal and its ok to visit.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Don't know which prized Indian Diplomat's idea it was to not only invite Members of European Parliament for a visit to Kashmir but also to meet the PM. The whole jamboree is tailor-made for Pakistani propaganda.:mrgreen:

twitter

Sep, 2018: MEPs demand suspension of agreements with India unless it stops human rights abuses in Kashmir.

Feb, 2019: MEPs call on India to put a halt to its atrocities in Kashmir.

Mar, 2019: MEPs demand an end to human rights abuses in Kashmir.

Oct, 2019: India welcomes MEPs.

edited to add image later

Last edited by chetak on 28 Oct 2019 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

Mollick.R wrote:To my untrained mango Abdul eyes all those saga of seeking Over Flight Permission & not getting it etc looks like Moh Maya (illusions) created by MAD trio.

They are again and again giving Pakis long rope to climb and then suddenly pulling it back :rotfl:

Seems like due to prolonged inbreeding Paki baboons & deep state has became so much incompetent that they are again & again falling on those traps set by MAD :?: :!:

May be just like in 1971 when R&AW set up a false flag operation of IA plane Hijack to deny pakis over flight rights over India to the East Pakistan, MAD is also preparing base for some Chanakiyan move down the line.

Let see...........

Peregrine wrote:
Only 2.5% clear this year’s CSS written exam - Our Correspondent

ISLAMABAD: In a glaring example of falling standards in the country’s educational system, only 2.56% of the students who took the Central Superior Services (CSS) competitive exam’s written part this year managed to pass.

According to the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) of Pakistan, 23,403 candidates applied for the CSS competitive examination 2019. Of them, 14,521 appeared for the written part of the exam and only 372 cleared it. :roll:

The FPSC notified that the candidates who had passed the written exam would be intimated the schedule of the medical examination, the psychological assessment and the viva voce (oral exam) in due course of time.
Cheers Image
Peregrineji
One option they can outsource all babudom to the biggest call centre provider i.e., India :lol: :lol:
Sir
Given the pass scores, probably present day babus in Napak----n 'Scarping the barrel' kind but all with special 'Jihadi IQ' who probably beyond 'Jihad' and 'Agla Paycheck' cant think of anything else!!
All good for the 'Trioka' to play with them.
Reminds of a scene from national geographica of killer whales hunting seal-pups off the coast of Argentina (Tossing the victim out of water and with pure joy)!! :lol:
nam
BRF Oldie

Post by nam »

We should stop worrying about the gora visit. If we don't allow them, it will become a automatic admission of guilt.

If we were not confident, they would not have landed in India. Obviously we have to show them Jammu & Kashmir. Unless the streets of Srinagar are empty, what difference will they find b/w Jammu & Kashmir?

If the Euros can visit Sringar, well what happens to the Pak propaganda of "curfew"?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

CRamS wrote:Guys, I wonder how many honest Kashmir Muslims there who tell it like it is in this blog which I got from Aarti Tikoo's twitter post

https://khamoshkashmiri.blogspot.com/20 ... n.html?m=1

As I read that blog, the author refers to 2 Kashmir Pandit women who testified during the hearing, one sponsored by ISI, and the other of course Aarti Tikoo. Now who is this other Pandit woman? I thought the Paki pervert puppet with an India Hindu name was that vermin Ananga Chatterji. And she is no Pandit. Or is she?
Confused Bandit (religious tribe) with Bandit (dakoo tribe). Bliss to sharben ur Bingreji onlee.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

CRamS wrote:AGuptaJi, please don't insult me. I may not be a genius like you, but I have a right to ask the right questions and seek insight. Ditto SudarshanJi. On the face of it, these Chanakyan tactics, if they are that, don't make any sense to me and to many others. Lets assume for the sake of argument, that TSP did not refuse. Then what?

CRamS Ji, if I may.

I know your heart is in the right place. We all know that. You are also an ardent BRFite and fully committed to the right cause(s).

However, lately, in almost all your posts I can't help but read a sense of 'gloom and doom'. You have begun to sound like Chicken Little with the 'sky is falling' refrain.

Yes, sometimes the sky does seem to be falling. However, we all need to have faith and believe that it is not going to. No matter what. This does not translate into blind jingoism, but a firm belief in the sagacity of the powers that be. Not every move or response has to have a Chankian motive hidden behind it and sometimes there is naught else to do, but I think others in a position to do so have calculated all that and more, which may not be that obvious to you and me.

And I mean no insult or disrespect. Just pointing something out that others have also noted and written about, perhaps not so politely.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

UlanBatori wrote:If I may wander into a rotten-tomato-throwing contest...

Adminullahs pls consider requesting postor "agupta"ji (as in Non-Gupta?) to change handle to avoid confusion with A_Guptaji. hGupta is suppose is sufficiently distinct. Maybe a numerical scheme is better: A-Gupta (no change), then Gupta000000002, Gupta000000003.. (number can be quite high..) :mrgreen:
Or, as my nephew quipped when first coming to visit Desh with sis-in-law - why so many Guptas in the family? :D
Gautam_2
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Gautam_2 »

vijayk wrote:can someone post the link to congressional hearing on J&K?

Some loony democrat friends keep justifying their islamist fervour time and again. I want them to watch it.
It's this one

and this
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

well the chinese screw the ughuir without mercy but there is no EU visit to china. its all about economic heft and diplomatic standing and also that Pakis do make lot of noise about kashmir. there is no one to plead the ughuir case . ...India is not china still ... we are dependent on EU for variety of reasons. every move has some plus/minus ...its for GOI to analyse the +/- and make decisions. we trust MAD to make right decisions for india. BRF'ites are not making indias foreign policy.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

on my recent trip to kishtwar, there were minibusloads of tourists bound for valley stuck in a traffic jam for 2.5 hrs with our vehicle near Udhampur ( around 20/30 km before the big tunnel). the whole highway was occupied by trucks in long serpentine Q streching km's !!! one side of the highway was full of trucks and the traffic bound towards kashmir had to drive on the wrong side of the 2+2 highway. utter chaos on the highway..the amount of truck traffic is staggering.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Need wider and faster roads. Where are all those ppl who are adept at handling stones, hain? This is China's Secret Resource. The ability to quickly collect a road-building crew, starting with breaking rocks.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

MAD are really rolling the dice on this: inviting the EU MPs from "not-far-left" parties to vijit tourist spots and smell the pakistan at Dal Lake. :eek:
Even SuSwamy condoming as "immoral" :rotfl:
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

manjgu wrote:well the chinese screw the ughuir without mercy but there is no EU visit to china. its all about economic heft and diplomatic standing and also that Pakis do make lot of noise about kashmir. there is no one to plead the ughuir case . ...India is not china still ... we are dependent on EU for variety of reasons. every move has some plus/minus ...its for GOI to analyse the +/- and make decisions. we trust MAD to make right decisions for india. BRF'ites are not making indias foreign policy.
I have long ago realized that in geo-politics, truth comes from the barrel of the gun and the power of the dollar. So why only the Ughuir? Closer to home, what about Baluchis? Those in PoK? Nobody talks about them because India has not been able to outright annihilate Paki pigLeTs for us to be able to call the shots like Chinese.

Vermin like Ananga and Kaul achieve celebratory status in the west by bashing India for "human rights" violation in Kashmir. There is not even an ounce of virtue or morality in these low lives contrary to what they profess. Its a cowardly sell out of the worst kind. Funny thing is, one can only imagine with what contempt the very same TFTA Pakijabis have for these human dregs.

I am also laughing my ass off as Jihadis like Mehdi Hasan of Al Jazeera, Jihadi traitor in western designer clothes like Rana Ayyub, that zero-IQ Omar chic from Somalia in US Congress, ISI mouthpieces like Moharaff Zaidi all hailing the killing of Al-Bagdadhi, all expressing their heart-felt 'good riddance' of an 'evil Muslim' who doesn't represent them p!sffuls worldwide.

Of course, LeT, Jaish, Hizbul, Paki army/ISI and other assorted scum are 'freedom fighters' in their world-view whose 'human rights' are being mercilessly squashed by baad "Hindu fascist" India. This is what as I said earlier the barrel of the gun and $s from Trump bahadur does to these rabid colonized anti-India Jihadis. Gives new meaning to 'you have them by their balls, hearts and minds follow".

Now coming to this EU visit, I have to admit, its a let down, and ModiJi will take a lot of flak for it.

But given India's power limitations, and given that post 370, pretty much everyone is looking for gora validation, this becomes another battle of attrition. So perhaps the time has come to use whites as 'useful idiots' in our favor while maintaining some Lakshman Rekhas. This maybe ModiJi's and DovalJi's line of thinking.

Danger is, this sets a precedent and opens a pandora's box for larger gora involvement. TSP and our 5th columnists will milk the living shit out of this precedent. Thats why I say its a war of attrition.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

nam wrote:We should stop worrying about the gora visit. If we don't allow them, it will become a automatic admission of guilt.

If we were not confident, they would not have landed in India. Obviously we have to show them Jammu & Kashmir. Unless the streets of Srinagar are empty, what difference will they find b/w Jammu & Kashmir?

If the Euros can visit Sringar, well what happens to the Pak propaganda of "curfew"?
These Euro MPs are all right wing types and likely to support the Indian narrative. If they issue a statement to this effect it will stop/give pause to the rnd coming out of various outlets in the West.

It will also drive the wedge deeper between the right and left in these regions. Who can point fingers at India if ezone's own give it a clean chit?

The mad people along with mea people are not altogether mad afterall.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

The EU (fascisti) are on a Phakt-Phinding mijjun to see how to control the streets of La Paris, Marseillesabad and Bar-Saloon-A. Are they heading to Urumqui next I wonder. Situation Naarmal.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

UlanBatori wrote:MAD are really rolling the dice on this: inviting the EU MPs from "not-far-left" parties to vijit tourist spots and smell the pakistan at Dal Lake. :eek:
Don't know but if the visit goes tangent from indian point of view then Khangressi and their ilk will definitely bite govt.

Just like Pathankot AFB tour of pakis, govt. may be again wrong in this step.
After all we have previously seen MullaObama teaching us democracy and tolerance just after India played as a good host.

Similarly the euro crowd is also too much into human right, apology etc business. They most probably have drafted their tour reports and media bites by now , no matter how much situation normal they see/find out/ we show to them its irrelevant for them.

They will tell , write and advice us to do , what they feel like to.
Our domestic media will bombard that due to modi and abrogation of Art 370, K issue is again on international spotlight.
Facebook and WhatsApp will floated with mems criticising govt on same.

Total PR disaster.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Too early for Sky Is Falling scenarios. At worst they will come out and say that... KM are unhappy. That it was a conducted tour. (yawn!)
Troubling thing is that GOI allowed the tour to be announced, giving time for all sorts of :(( that they are RightWing. Now the expectation has been pushed to the far right. If THEY attack, the best India can say is that EU Rightwingers are racist Nazis/fascists.
But then look stupid for letting them in.
Should have just let them sneak in and out and say "Oh! Yeah! Tourism has been resumed".
Trouble with that is that hordes of leftists and EJs and COTUS Kakoose types will also demand to be let in. I have a fear that GOI allowed itself to the bamboozled by the COTUS Kakoose experience.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 29 Oct 2019 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

somdev wrote:
Philip wrote:I'm not too happy at seeing 28 EU members " inspect" Kashmir tomorrow. We cannot allow any international entity to get a toehold into our internal affairs in J&K.
Do you mean all Kashmiris are quisling or a select few? If you think all Kashmiris are quisling then we have lost even before we have started. A land without its people is a piece of geographical territory ... I guess this is where the heartburn lies!
@somdev jee
wake up from your dream of ideological paradise.
Smell the coffee in its real form. That era of high pedestal ideological BS have long gone.
For past 3 decade or so India as a state have handled KM's only with Velvet Gloves and given enough of carrots.
Now we should go to the root of problem & handle them with Carrot and Stick both.

First step on that direction is calling a spade a spade and no more behaving like an ostrich.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

somdevji reminds me of postor Somnathji who started the dhaga "SLaughter of Democracy" :(( about how GOI managed to conduct elections in Kashmir right after the Kargil War. We sort of changed that to Laughter of Democracy.

This is all cyclic, folks. What is new is that Jammu and Ladakh have been liberated and Art 370 is gone.
titash
BRFite

Post by titash »

somdev wrote: Do you mean all Kashmiris are quisling or a select few? If you think all Kashmiris are quisling then we have lost even before we have started. A land without its people is a piece of geographical territory ... I guess this is where the heartburn lies!
Somdev-ji,
Land, in and itself has value; in fact it is the only resource that is truly limited. A cooperative and contented population is a bonus, but not necessary to own and utilize the land.

Kashmir is a part of historical Bharatvarsh, no matter what any Central Asian / Turko-Mongol invader and his or her descendant says. Malsi lands do not name places as "AnantNag" just for the heck of it. There is a serious historical, cultural, and religious implication for it and we intend to keep it that way.

Just because the Jinnahists got to carve away at India in collaboration with Churchill's gang, doesn't mean we will keep letting it happen on a continual basis. There are red lines and they need to be respected. Otherwise people get unhappy and other people get killed. People need to learn to live with the heartburn - after all they live with a communist state approved version of the Quran in Xingiang without so much as a whimper
schinnas
BRFite

Post by schinnas »

Most probably, the move to let EU MPs wasn't done lightly. On the positive side, India may be planning some tough actions vs Pakistan and it's elements going forward and it's needed to destroy the "cashmere under lockdown" and "HR violations" commentary by the MSM in the West. On the negative side, we might have gotten wind of something being planned in EU against India (they are extreme left and looking for an opportunity to do virtue signalling).

The conspicuous absence of Amreekan reps indicates that US admin is inline with whatever steps India is expected to take but EU is not.

If some nice visuals of crowded streets are updated along with open call for tourists to visit Kashmir and some speeches about how normalcy has returned to Kashmir, it would carry widespread MSM coverage in Europe burying this cashmere talk for the time being.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If some nice visuals of crowded streets are updated along with open call for tourists to visit Kashmir and some speeches about how normalcy has returned to Kashmir, it would carry widespread MSM coverage in Europe burying this cashmere talk for the time being.
ATM forbid, I was imagining a different sort of visual coverage, resulting from premature publicity about the vijiting EU reps. Not expanding on it, but long back (2002 to be precij) Mohtermas Pamela con Stable, the main Attack BowBow of the WaPo, prime India-Baiter, and Christianne Amanpour of See Enn Enn, revelling in their Taliban-Admiration, were traveling in a convoy from Kabul to someplace else.

Came under ambush. The Taliban were systematically coming down the convoy identifying ppl to kill/kidnap.

Just b4 ATM's Judgement came, the US Cavalry arrived. P. con Stable has literally not been heard from since: she retired/resigned immediately after return to DupliCity. A. Amanpour moved to other pastures to graze, and has not been active in these parts until v. recently. FYI, she is the worthy who, to prove how Bissful the Bissful of Bakistan are, stood in the middle of an (empty) mosque in Murdike, HQ of the L-e-T and had the camera pan around, explaining that the mosque was empty because the "Gentle, Peaceful Sufis" of the L-e-T were so Secular. (It was a Wednesday).

My main gripe against the Taliban is the incompetence of their ambushers that day.
But... my point is that such an experience, if not life-ending, can certainly be mind-changing.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

UlanBatori wrote:MAD are really rolling the dice on this: inviting the EU MPs from "not-far-left" parties to vijit tourist spots and smell the pakistan at Dal Lake. :eek:
I think they know what they are doing. Had it been me I would have taken them to meet representatives of Ladak, Jammu, Udhampur, ethnically clensed Kashmiri Pandits, secular Muslim leadeers and let them meet with the worst type of seperatists (Gelani etc), as well as newly elected BDC's representatives.

Then show them stone throwers, proof of TSP terrorism and topped it off with showing how TSP is pushing terror into India.

The idea would be show them several sides of the story, the complexities and dilemmas.

If Indian dip. manage to do this, EU MP's will appreciate that TSP is not a party to the problem, but is the cause of the problem.
yensoy
BRF Oldie

Post by yensoy »

What's not to like with the conducted MEP visit? Worst case some will say that Kashmir is indeed besieged, it's ok life will go on. Best case, they will appreciate the Indian pov publicly. It will be milked for what it is worth, even if said publicity is coming from right wingers - they are parliamentarians and they have mandates. If the outcome is positive, maybe on the next round we will invite slightly less right wingers, then centrists and so on.

I like the fact that the current administration likes to experiment, unlike the earlier dispensations that let the wound fester for 70 years.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

somdev wrote: Do you mean all Kashmiris are quisling or a select few? If you think all Kashmiris are quisling then we have lost even before we have started. A land without its people is a piece of geographical territory ... I guess this is where the heartburn lies!
Please cut this dhimmi crap. This is the kind of bloody defensive talk that makes every 2 bit Jihadi scum bag like Omar in US Congress p!ss on us. Yes, I would say 90+% of the valley Muslims are a bunch of traitors who want to secede from India. And they have colluded with pakis. Thats why we have lost so many of our precious troops, Kashmir has been an albatross around our neck, and shows no sign of abating, at least not as of yet. And we have enough people like you who sing this rubbish tune in India that are a force multiplier for Pakis and KM traitors.

Since the time the insurgency was contained on the 1990's, India has made every effort to woo the KMs. The bloody ungrateful ass holes would not budge from their demand for "azaadi" (its an expression of Islamic extremism masquerading as a freedom struggle). What more azadi do they need than under a democratic set up in India?

And note, India could easily use helicopter gun ships and blow the b@stards to smithereens, I mean those who harbor Paki terrorists. Yet they accuse us of "human rights".

No India will NOT accede to their extremist demands. Never.
Last edited by CRamS on 29 Oct 2019 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Unlike American COTUSdummies, the EU far right reps are well-briefed on the joys of their nations hosting the Momeen.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

somdev wrote:A land without its people is a piece of geographical territory ... I guess this is where the heartburn lies![/b]
Thank you for understanding the plight and pain of the Kashmiri Pandits. However, I would say that heartburn is a very mild term for the pain, anguish, fear and helplessness these poor folks have felt for the past three decades at least.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Sub Swamy severly criticises the union govt. over the EU team's visit calling it " a perversion of our national policy". He urged the govt. to cancel the visit saying it was " immoral".Oppn. leaders have also expressed outrage saying it was an insult to parliament as no MPs had been allowed to visit Kashmir while foreign MPs were being given undue special treatment.

Quite frankly I cannot fathom the GOI's intentions, pandering to the Pakis in a knee-jerk reaction to their putrid allegations of human rights abuses.Kashmir is a clear case of Pak trying to annexe the state by force since 1948 and conducting a proxy war by terror. Kashmir is India's lock, stock and barrel and despite the lessons of past wars, losing its eastern half, retreating in shambles at Kargil and being bombed at Balakot, it has learnt NOTHING. Therefore only further military lessons upon the regular Paki armed forces causing grievous casualties in men and material will bring them to heel ( temporarily).

The " Final Solution" to perfidious Pak is the utter and total dismemberment of Jinnah's motheaten state , planned meticulously and executed with the most extreme prejudice. Allowing firang entities, especially western, who betrayed India and Nehru in 1948 by persuading him to take up the issue at the new UN forum
is a recipe for disaster.It will let them get a toehold into a clear bi-lateral issue and make much mischief in the future.I fear our Min. of the MEA is too much a western oriented ex-babu, stemming from his long stint in the US and in South Block. The MEA has a most inglorious record against both Pak and China in the 21st. century, from UPA days, achieving precious little in resolving either dispute.It is the Indian mitary that has risen to the occasion whether it was at Doklam or Balakot and taught both the Chinks and Pakis not to play dangerous games with us.

It is time for removing the glove and showing Pak and the world the mailed fist of India, but there is rust on the mail as our defence modernisation and expansion has been badly delayed over years, with a pittance of a defence budget to boot. It is past time for a significant increase in the def. budget and urgent items required by the three services fast- tracked in G-2-G deals as the current trends indicate that it is not a question of whether a war with Pak ( supported by China) will take place in the future but when.
shaun
BRFite

Post by shaun »

Congi and leftist mouth piece of eastern India , telegraph saying that most of the MPs are from right wing parties and are here in personal capacity . These guys might tilt the narrative in our favour in MSM .
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

shaun wrote:Congi and leftist mouth piece of eastern India , telegraph saying that most of the MPs are from right wing parties and are here in personal capacity . These guys might tilt the narrative in our favour in MSM .

twitter
Why are LW dimwits in Indian media hyperventilating over 22/27 EU MPs being RW? Don’t they know most of Europe today has RW govts — Britain, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Italy, etc?

They aren’t perfect but
better than LW-Islamists like Labour’s @jeremycorbyn & US Islamist @IlhanMN
venkat_r
BRFite

Post by venkat_r »

Getting the timing of the visit might have been more important as a much publicized in advance and long awaited one would have invited some sort of Pak response with some terror attacks.

Heartburn in Indian opposition and others might be from the fact that Indian MPs should be invited in a similar fashion and allow them their space and their opinions.

It’s good to build consensus, start small and with a set of people who might be favorable first before opening further.

At this point there is little opposition to Modi and BJP in India, but I think they should still invest in taking some of the opposition along in Kashmir policies. I am sure there are many policies around Kashmir that can be agreed upon.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

somdev wrote:
Kashi wrote:
Kashi Ji ... and why should KPs live in camps still as IDPs with BJP at helm for the last 5 years?
Had it been any other social media platform i would have answered this question in form of a 1000 word essay.
But as its BRF and the question is being asked by a fellow BRFite, to me it looks like simple TROLLING.

Hope the poster stops this kind of blatant TROLLING and good sense will prevail upon him.
Mollick.R
BRFite

Post by Mollick.R »

Lifetime perks gone, Ghulam Nabi Azad vacates J&K guesthouse ahead of November 1 transition
TNN | Oct 28, 2019, 11.06 PM IST

SRINAGAR: Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Ghulam Nabi Azad has vacated his rent-free government accommodation in Srinagar's VVIP zone, which used to be a lifetime perk guaranteed to all former chief ministers of J&K till the nullification of Articles 370 and 35A took away the state's special status.

Azad, who was the CM from November 2005 to July 2008, had retained the use of a J&K Bank guesthouse at Zeethyar on Gupkar Road all these years, although he doesn't live in Srinagar. "We have been told that the former CM has vacated our guesthouse, but the administration hasn't handed over the property to us yet,” a senior J&K Bank official told TOI.

Former CMs Mehbooba Mufti and Omar Abdullah, both of whom have been in detention since August 5, remain in official possession of large, well-appointed government properties on Gupkar Road. Both will have to vacate these bungalows by November 1, sources said.

The estates department has drawn up an inventory each of all government assets in the two bungalows, including furniture, gadgets and gym equipment, in preparation for the change.

The former CMs had enjoyed lifetime use of government properties and amenities by virtue of the Jammu and Kashmir State Legislature Members' Pension Act, 1984, which was amended multiple times till 1996 to include more perks and privileges. These benefits will cease to exist on November 1, when the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Bill 2019 takes effect.

Farooq Abdullah is the only living former CM who does not occupy a government property. But the National Conference chief, detained in his private residence under the Public Safety Act, continues to enjoy free medical care, transport and other perks.

Every former CM with the exception of Azad has spent crores of rupees on modernising or renovating their official bungalows to suit their requirements. Omar's bungalow has a modern gym, among other frills.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 796659.cms