J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by CRamS »

Guys, I don't know I watch these debates and get my BP high, but just saw one debate hosted by Padmaja Joshi on TimesNow on the spate of killings of truck drivers by Paki/KM pigLeTs. She had on a commie, and 2 KM Jihadis in mufti. Here is the latest ISI script that is being peddled:

1. We (meaning KM Jihadis in mufti) 'condemn' the killings and call for 'investigation' into who committed the crime. (See the insinuation there).

2. After the cursory condemnation,littany of horrible abuses against Indian govt, against ModiJi, you locked down people, you suspended Internet bla bla

3. You told us that post 370, terror will be eliminated bla bla, but it continues

So you get the drift. It is always India that is to blame. Now the above script, were it to be peddled by KM Jihadis and Pakis in mufti, it would be one thing, but thats exactly what we will see in NYT/WP (read latest puke by Rana Ayyub) etc, and on "Indian" rags like Telegraph and such.

How Indian deals with all this poison and come out ahead is a Herculean task.

BTW, I am a little mystified as to why Satya Pal Malik has been transferred. I thought he was a slimy (good from our PoV), naughty, yet firm and resolute governor who had the skills to deal with KMs. Sad to see him go. Unless ModiJi & Co know something more that he did not accomplish and could have which we are not aware of.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Panchayat and BDo's will be given massive financial powers and they will be the new governance structure in J&K. no MLA's etc. The newly elected officials have been given massive amount of money and MAD is hoping to create a new group of politcal netas
this is the shape on New MAD Bharat. The implication of Panchayat Raj in reality.
Can discuss on the econ threads, but think of the implications. The money of Bharat is being put directly from the Centre into the hands of the people elected by villagers, and who actually LIVE in the villages (OK, Valley Panchayat netas are apparently living in high-security Srinagar hotels...)
Completely de-briefing the corrupt state netas.
A Panchayat President, elected by 5000 to 10,000 citjens, and controlling not only the budget but the detailed implementation of every contract, and RESPONSIBLE for execution (or they will be executed).

Who will want to be MLA any more I wonder :((
amdavadi
BRFite

Post by amdavadi »

Jammu & Kashmir, and ladakh becomes UT in few days. If Satya pal Malik becomes Lt. Governor that's demotion for him . That's why he was transfer to Goa.
Sanju
BRFite

Post by Sanju »

manjgu wrote: 1) well i just came back from a 5 day trip to J&K ( Doda, kishtwar distt) in Jammu region visiting Dul Hasti Power project, Pakal dul project and interacted with folks from CVPP ( chenab valley river projects). all the projects are going on full steam ..a new project Kiru has been approved in principle. pakistan will become desert in near future. Some officials had interacted with Paki indus water commission officials. Apparently the new Paki team is quite comeptent as per CVPP officials with their geologist coming in for special praise.

2) also interacted with local MLA ..one Mr shrama was a minister in the recent J&K govt. as per him law / order has improved tremendously post Aug 5 with militancy virtually wiped out..some ex militants have become contractors and participating in the hydel projects. there is strong checking, frisking by RR, Army, CSIF, JKP. many ogw;s have been arrested and some shipped to delhi. things are upbeat with complete normalcy. as per sharma there will be no assembly election for next 2/3 years. Panchayat and BDo's will be given massive financial powers and they will be the new governance structure in J&K. no MLA's etc. The newly elected officials have been given massive amount of money and MAD is hoping to create a new group of politcal netas

3) there is massive movement of trucks to/fro from valley wrt apple as per security men who were providing security to our convoy. Whole of Jammu/srinagar higgway is choked with trucks. saw 2 trucks overturned on the roadside with driver making a quick buck selling apples !!! movement of apples is quite normal from valley into mainland contrary to what one reads in newspapers.

4) very nice walnuts and saffron ( which is better than valley saffron) is available. the rajma/chawal is absolutely amazinggggggggggggggggg...
Awesome news Manjgu ji, thank your for the update. I guess you were posting from your phone. I took the liberty of formatting your informative post, it should be read by every forum member to over come the BS being peddled on MSM.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

UlanBatori wrote:
Panchayat and BDo's will be given massive financial powers and they will be the new governance structure in J&K. no MLA's etc. The newly elected officials have been given massive amount of money and MAD is hoping to create a new group of politcal netas
this is the shape on New MAD Bharat. The implication of Panchayat Raj in reality.
Can discuss on the econ threads, but think of the implications. The money of Bharat is being put directly from the Centre into the hands of the people elected by villagers, and who actually LIVE in the villages (OK, Valley Panchayat netas are apparently living in high-security Srinagar hotels...)
A Panchayat President, elected by 5000 to 10,000 citjens, and controlling not only the budget but the detailed implementation of every contract, and RESPONSIBLE for execution (or they will be executed).

why can't we replicate this model all over India?
TN, AP, TG , BH, UP and MH - this is a great model to cut out another layer
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

can someone post the link to congressional hearing on J&K?

Some loony democrat friends keep justifying their islamist fervour time and again. I want them to watch it.
Bart S
BRF Oldie

Post by Bart S »

vijayk wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: this is the shape on New MAD Bharat. The implication of Panchayat Raj in reality.

why can't we replicate this model all over India?
TN, AP, TG , BH, UP and MH - this is a great model to cut out another layer
This works for J&K due to the unique situation that has developed their over the years, and the extreme treason of the existing political parties.

Rest of India, for the most part panchayat folks are as bad or worse than the state assembly folks. What would be ideal would be to cut both these layers of middlemen out of the chain altogether as it happens with DBT.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

In Malloostan the Panchayat netas are owned by the same SeePeeEm. But in TN for instance, and even among the commies in Malloostan there are some who are pretty committed individuals who want to improve things in their own village.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

Hi
Does anyone have an understanding of the BDC's. What is their mandate, and how many people in a BDC?
Maybe this could be a model for entire India.

I just saw an interview of a high ranking Kashmiri IAS. He said it was not the abolition of 370 that was most irritating, it was the loss of statehood. Because without a state, it is impossible to negotiate with anyone. Very likely that the police were allowing the terrorists function. Now with Delhi in direct control, this may not be as simple.

Mee thinks an area of about 25 000 people (most people know each other via a friend or 2), with responsibility for town planning, local school, medical assistance, local roads, garbage, water, sewage would be perfect.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

the BDC are elected by the panchayat heads..i think every 20 to 30 villages will have a BDC...this BDC will have lots of financial powers almost to the tune of 200 to 300 cr.. the DC etc will report to the BDC... BDC are the new political elite in J&K.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Bart S wrote:You need a seasoned and slimy politician/snake to handle the toxic environment and culture that exists there. Not sure if being a 'no-nonsense and hardworking administrator' is enough.
The new Lt. Gov is an ex-IAS officer (and close confidante of Modi when he was CM). His security advisor is an ex-IPS officer (who again was a trusted man of the CM of another state). Looks like the political class has identified the key people.
vijayk wrote:TN, AP, TG , BH, UP and MH - this is a great model to cut out another layer
Every state has implemented the Panchayati Raj related schemes. In KL also we have this concept of three-tier Panchayats. Village Panchayath, Block Panchayath, and one more. Ideally these establishements generally gets funds allocated and have some leeway in implementing schemes in their jurisdiction. But the state governments can still play nasty games; like delaying sanction of funds to a Panchayath ruled by rival parties.
RajD
BRFite

Post by RajD »

CRamS wrote:Guys, I don't know I watch these debates and get my BP high, but just saw one debate hosted by Padmaja Joshi on TimesNow on the spate of killings of truck drivers by Paki/KM pigLeTs. She had on a commie, and 2 KM Jihadis in mufti.
It's entirely true and that Padmaja Joshi always comes out all guns blazing, with real nasty comments against NM and the govt. And oh boy she's been relentless in her zeal to portray the govt in bad light and always comes down so heavily on pro BJP/Hindu participants, very shortly, she's going to leave R nob long way behind when it come to bullying the participants having views against her agenda.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

IMO, There is way too much money floating around in J&K. There is hardly any business worth value, Tourism is down in dumps and yet there are hardly any poor there. There is some business related to horticulture but that is just that. Some and little.
Most of the folks still get good food and have a house to live in. I have hardly seen any poverty in J&K atleast in major centers.

There should be some tightening of the strings. GOI has showered too much money on the state in the hope of turning KM's around which hasn't worked at all.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Confirmation of destruction caused by IA across the LOC. Watch the embedded video.

https://twitter.com/GernailSaheb/status ... 3407198210
Jungjoo Gernail @GernailSaheb

PM "AJK" Farooq Haider makes a painful confession, says "merely dialogues (by Pakistan) is not enough, we are burying dead (faujis/jiahdis) everyday - why don't you bomb Indian brigade HQ?"

P.S. 20th Oct India bombed Pak Army District HQ in Athmuqam, denied by Ghafoora
Vivasvat
BRFite

Post by Vivasvat »

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-remove ... ip-1467721

KASHMIR: TWITTER REMOVES ALMOST 1 MILLION TWEETS, ACCUSED OF BOWING TO INDIAN CENSORSHIP

Twitter has been accused of bowing to Indian censorship and suppressing freedom of speech in Kashmir, after nearly one million tweets were removed.

Almost 100 accounts were also made inaccessible to locals in the last two years

The findings were revealed in a study by the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) on Friday, showing that Twitter agreed to block more accounts in the region than in every other country combined.

Data released by Twitter to University's Berkman Klein Center and its Lumen project, which was then published publicly and analyzed by the CPJ, showed that legal notices to the company directing them to take down tweets or accounts started to spike in August of 2017.

Since that time, Twitter agreed to uphold 131 of the 4,722 requests from Indian officials to remove content. That stands in stark contrast to the one approved request following roughly 900 requests made between 2012 and 2017.

Among those silenced in the last two years were the news outlets The Kashmir Narrator and The Voice Kashmir.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

CRamS, right on. These discussions do indeed take the form you have described. Some KM pro-jihadi will say that 'we condemn all violence", though never specifically mention the groups or individuals involved( HM, LeT, JEM , Burhan Wani et al) but when it comes to any even questionable action undertaken by the security forces, they will be more explicit condemning the army, paramilitary or 'the government'. Another trick is certainly to 'call for an investigation', with the insinuation very obvious. The other trick is to ask "who benefits" with the implication being the government or some Hindu group killed the apple traders. At this stage, the likes of Padmaja Joshi have to really clamp down on these slimebags. But go easy on Padmaja, her heart is positively in the right place, she and Times Now frequently raises the issue of killings of BJP, RSS workers and Kamlesh Tiwari murder. She's not anti-Hindu, but she does try to be balanced with some criticism of the government.
Iyersan
BRFite

Post by Iyersan »

Unknown terrorists lobbed grenade upon Karan Nagar police station in Srinagar at 1850 hours today. 6 CRPF personnel of 144th battalion received injuries and evacuated to hospital. #JammuKashmir

#ANI Inputs
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Varoon et.al, let me clarify that my post was not to criticize Padmaja Joshi. I like her, she is a proud daughter of the army (her dad was some commander), and she has a pleasant personality and is a nationalist. My wording may have come across as being critical of her.

And BTW, unlike UndY bimbos who are mouthpieces of Pappu and anybody who hates ModijI, Padmaja is not a pushover. In fact, if you go to TimesNow and see one of her videos, she took Sudhanshu Trivedi to task for not explicitly disavowing support from Gopal Kanda to form govt in Haryana.

Now, I don't know much about this Kanda dude (BJP has just said no to his support), but as a woman Padmaja seemed mighty offended (and rightfully so if the allegations are true) that BJP would take support from an alleged rapist and harasser of woman who eventually committed suicide, and she went on overdrive demanding answers from Sudhanshu Trivedi.

Never seen any Undy Bimbo or Burka bibi or Fey D'Souza or any #of western wannabe chics on DDM go so aggressively against Pappu's slaves or so called Kashmir mainstream politicians who speak with a forked tongue when it comes to Paki pigLeTs.

But coming to the substance of what I was saying, very few Kashmir Muslims are willing to condemn Paki and their own soosai pigLeTs. There are 2 reasons for this:

1. If they dare show any pro-India proclivity and point the finger where it belongs: Pakis and their proxies, they may not be alive for too long after saying so.

2. Many of them, I dare say majority of them, while they may not be soosai bombers themselves, nevertheless share the Islamist ideology of the pigLeTs, and the westernized ones have TSP RAPEsque hatred of India and Hindus. So they silently celebrate every attack on a symbol of Indian govt but couch it in fraudulent phraseology like "we condemn" in some vague generic terms and "call for investigation".
Last edited by CRamS on 26 Oct 2019 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Deans
BRF Oldie

Post by Deans »

CRamS wrote:Varoon et.al, let me clarify that my post was not to criticize Padmaja Joshi. I like her, she is a proud daughter of the army (her dad was some commander), and she has a pleasant personality and is a nationalist. My wording may have come across as being critical of her.

And BTW, unlike UndY bimbos who are mouthpieces of Pappu and anybody who hates ModijI, Padmaja is not a pushover. In fact, if you go to TimesNow and see one of her videos, she took Sudhanshu Trivedi to task for not explicitly disavowing support from Gopal Kanda to form govt in Haryana.

Now, I don't know much about this Kanda dude (BJP has just said no to his support), but as a woman Padmaja seemed mighty offended (and rightfully so if the allegations are true) that BJP would take support from an alleged rapist and harasser of woman who eventually committed suicide, and she went on overdrive demanding answers from Sudhanshu Trivedi.
Padmaja is ok, though being the child of an army officer is not a criteria e.g. Gul Panang or Karan Thapar.
I was in the airline industry at the time of the Kanda episode (he promoted MDLR air). While I have no clue about his antecedents, the lady in question was an air hostess, who at the age of 23 (3 years since she joined as air hostess) was made director in his company. Most likely story - a relationship with consensual sex than went wrong. Rape charges were dropped, as the main charge for which he was arrested was abetment to her suicide (for which a mention in a suicide note is enough grounds).
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vijayk wrote:can someone post the link to congressional hearing on J&K?

Some loony democrat friends keep justifying their islamist fervour time and again. I want them to watch it.
start with this, saar.

Watching the House Foreign Affairs Committee’s Hearing on Human Rights in South Asia was like having a front row seat to a Colonizer Board Meeting.

let us try and locate the video, in the meanwhile.
Katare
BRF Oldie

Post by Katare »

CRamS,
Why get worked up on a piece of entertainment? Change the channel to Republic or Zee TV and feel happy instead?
tandav
BRFite

Post by tandav »

Rishirishi wrote:Hi
Does anyone have an understanding of the BDC's. What is their mandate, and how many people in a BDC?
Maybe this could be a model for entire India.

I just saw an interview of a high ranking Kashmiri IAS. He said it was not the abolition of 370 that was most irritating, it was the loss of statehood. Because without a state, it is impossible to negotiate with anyone. Very likely that the police were allowing the terrorists function. Now with Delhi in direct control, this may not be as simple.

Mee thinks an area of about 25 000 people (most people know each other via a friend or 2), with responsibility for town planning, local school, medical assistance, local roads, garbage, water, sewage would be perfect.
I think the time for devolving democracy directly to Districts should be tried out... Reduce the power of states and have only district, where MLA get funds directly from center bypassing the state legislature where I feel there is very little value add... J&K can be the test bed for this new model. India can also acquire districts from POK as and when we can, militarily or politically. Why try to acquire whole Gilgit and Baltistan when we can liberate 1 district at a time using this new model.

Basically a powerful center (PM directly elected by voter or via a parliament of MPs from each district) and a huge number (550+ administered by MLA) districts which will be competing with each other to improve goods and services provided to citizens. One advantage of doing away with states and having a direct Center to District relationship is that we can absorb water basin and river management into a more centralized control and aim to create a better water husbandry infrastructure. No district will be powerful enough to overrule the center and water conflicts can be better managed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_ ... s_of_India

Current Admin structure of India has too many levels I feel. It should be rationalized to make it more flat.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

chetak wrote:
vijayk wrote:can someone post the link to congressional hearing on J&K?

start with this, saar.

Watching the House Foreign Affairs Committee’s Hearing on Human Rights in South Asia was like having a front row seat to a Colonizer Board Meeting.

let us try and locate the video, in the meanwhile.
here is a link to aarati tikoo singh speaking at the House Foreign Affairs Committee’s Hearing

https://twitter.com/priyaakulkarni2/sta ... 7235995649
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Is this what you guys are looking for?

*_______*___**____

Doesn't seem complete though, missing the part with Aarti Singh at least.
vijayk
BRF Oldie

Post by vijayk »

Does BP rise when I watch it?
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

^ Probably will, it's got Ilhan Omar :).

But if you want that, there's a newbie called BP Singh posting in the India-US Relations thread, who'll do that for you.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

https://www.rediff.com/news/column/as-w ... 191023.htm
As winter approaches, LoC is on fire
October 24, 2019
'If the strength of foreign terrorists can be brought to negligible levels there will be few takers for militancy.'
'That is why it is important to neutralise the terrorists at their launch pads,' advises Lieutenant General Syed Ata Hasnain (retd).

Since early August 2019 the Line of Control has witnessed sporadic exchanges of firing between the Indian and Pakistan armies. It is being quoted that approximately 2,000 cease fire violations have occurred from the Pakistan side through 2019.
The intensity of exchanges did not raise too many eyebrows thus far. However, the recent nature of these and related events are now drawing more attention. On October 19, Pakistan reportedly used anti-tank guided missiles to target some Indian Army forward posts in the Tangdhar sector causing two fatal casualties.
The Indian Army retaliated in higher measure targeting at least four well known terrorist camps in the vicinity of the LoC which also act as launch pads and Pakistan army positions employing mortars and medium artillery. The Indian Army chief has himself confirmed that 8 to 10 Pakistan army personnel and an indefinite number of terrorists were killed.
So what's new about these events? Is there any significance relating to the ongoing tension between India and Pakistan which got intensified after the government's decision to abrogate Articles 370 and 35A on August 5 this year?
Pakistan has been raving and ranting about the decision which India hopes will help fully integrate Jammu and Kashmir more firmly into the Indian Union and strengthen its claims over territories still in occupation by Pakistan -- that is Pakistan occupied Kashmir, to include Gilgit and Baltistan.
In relation to these events the departure from the known normal at the cusp of winter, is that both firing and infiltration are taking place in the area of the Kashmir segment of the LoC.
The usual practice, at least in the last 10 to 15 years, has been that infiltration attempts are mostly in the Kashmir segment north of the Pir Panjal range and exchange of fire involving CFVs is witnessed in the Jammu segment south of the Pir Panjal.
It has been reported that continuous infiltration attempts have been made by terrorists supported by their Pakistani sponsors in Kashmir since the end of July. The J&K police has confirmed that 45 to 60 terrorists could have successfully infiltrated in a short period by mid September.
Since early October, the Rashtriya Rifles and Parachute Special Forces have been combing the heights above the Ganderbal-Kangan segment of the National Highway leading from Srinagar to Leh. The Harmukh-Gangabal area lies between the high altitude tehsil of Gurez and the NH in the Kangan area. 15 to 20 Pakistani terrorists are believed to be hiding in this area avoiding contact with the army. Two to three terrorists have been killed in initial contact with army patrols at Gangabal.
That Pakistani terrorists used the difficult Gurez route to infiltrate, after a period of almost ten years, appears to reveal the level of desperation to induct terrorists into Kashmir's hinterland. Without adequate strength and leadership, the violent movement sponsored by Pakistan is unlikely to sustain, especially after the inability of the separatists and the terror groups to enhance the levels of violence post the decisions of August 5.
45 to 60 terrorists successfully infiltrating into Kashmir has in recent years been considered as just about adequate strength to add to the fresh local recruitment in south Kashmir. This usually partially makes up for the loss of foreign terrorists suffered at the hands of the Indian Army.
Gautam
SRajesh
BRF Oldie

Post by SRajesh »

manjgu wrote:the BDC are elected by the panchayat heads..i think every 20 to 30 villages will have a BDC...this BDC will have lots of financial powers almost to the tune of 200 to 300 cr.. the DC etc will report to the BDC... BDC are the new political elite in J&K.
https://www.news18.com/news/india/jk-ec ... 63883.html
Sirji
The habit of lining the pocket propagated by the mainline parties and separatist has been so entrenched that will the habit change!!
See the news report claiming huge financial loss due to 370 removal and aftermath.
So is this now common man thinking its out turn to recoup the 'loss' and cock a snook at the centre!! :roll:
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

sirji...MAD has formulated this plan/strategy. i would for the moment trust their brains..
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

my srinagar houseboat man tells me tourists have started trickling in...he hosted a indonesian group plus local domestic tourists !! shops opening early morning ..late evening. called me to wish happy diwali !!
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

Guys, explain this to me. What I ModiJi trying to achieve or demonstrate by repeatedly begging TSP for flying over their air space. Those ass holes refuse with contempt and India expresses 'regret'. Whats going on?

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/p ... 2019-10-27
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

CRamS wrote:Guys, explain this to me. What I ModiJi trying to achieve or demonstrate by repeatedly begging TSP for flying over their air space. Those ass holes refuse with contempt and India expresses 'regret'. Whats going on?

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/p ... 2019-10-27
It's a fairly common psychological tactic, one which I've even used in the workplace myself. It worked pretty successfully against an intransigent colleague. It operates at the very margin of passive aggression (the lower margin, not the upper one). Pakistan is falling for it wholesale.

Modi knows exactly what he's doing. When the time comes, TSP will find out. Let them have the gratification of huffily "denying India" for now.

Please use your intelligence, or read up on basic psychology a little bit. Or please study EJ tactics a little, when they are denied the opportunity for outright violence. Same deal here.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

AGuptaJi, please don't insult me. I may not be a genius like you, but I have a right to ask the right questions and seek insight. Ditto SudarshanJi. On the face of it, these Chanakyan tactics, if they are that, don't make any sense to me and to many others. Lets assume for the sake of argument, that TSP did not refuse. Then what?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

It is no big deal. Look at the map. You don't save much by overflying pakiland.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

CRamS - what part of my post did you find to be "insulting you?"

If I respond, you're probably going to find that even more "insulting." Please take responses in the right spirit, if you ask for insight on an open forum, you can't be overly sensitive to the responses. I've developed a pretty thick skin from some of the responses I got on BRF to my questions.

As a further pointer - please think about the exchange between Krishna and Duryodhana, which ended with "I will not grant them even as much land as can be covered by the tip of a needle." What if Duryodhana had said "yes" at any point in that exchange?

I don't see the need to spell out the entire strategy here, I think it's a fair deal that, based on whatever little I know about psychology (no claims of any great knowledge in the field) I give you whatever little pointers I'm aware of, with the friendly suggestion of further read-up on your part. If you find that insulting - that's your call.
ritesh
BRFite

Post by ritesh »

Vikas wrote:IMO, There is way too much money floating around in J&K. There is hardly any business worth value, Tourism is down in dumps and yet there are hardly any poor there. There is some business related to horticulture but that is just that. Some and little.
Most of the folks still get good food and have a house to live in. I have hardly seen any poverty in J&K atleast in major centers.

There should be some tightening of the strings. GOI has showered too much money on the state in the hope of turning KM's around which hasn't worked at all.
Absolutely correct. Even same was said by shri Sushil Pandit that the flipflops dont help in building a viable and consistent voice. There is a need to shower with tough love. No dilly dallying or softy kind of approach will get these thick skin double speak liars in to mainstream.
CRamS
BRF Oldie

Post by CRamS »

sudarshan wrote:CRamS - what part of my post did you find to be "insulting you?"

If I respond, you're probably going to find that even more "insulting." Please take responses in the right spirit, if you ask for insight on an open forum, you can't be overly sensitive to the responses. I've developed a pretty thick skin from some of the responses I got on BRF to my questions.
Not you my friend, my question was directed against the erudite A_GuptaJi.
sudarshan
BRF Oldie

Post by sudarshan »

Ok I got confused by your "Ditto" in the post. But by any chance did you mistake agupta for A_Gupta? They're not the same poster. Not saying agupta is not erudite :).
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If I may wander into a rotten-tomato-throwing contest...

I don't think postor aguptaji meant to diss postor CRamSji. He merely pointed out that refusing overflight permission to the Indian PM was a "victory for the small-minded". I am pretty sure he meant the Pakis and I think anyone with ANY portion of a "mind" should get insulted at that. Pakis don't. I mean have minds. :)

That said, there is much confusion here and high potential for friendly fire, more than on the Syria-Turkey-Russia-Rojava-Iraq-FSA-WhiteHelmets border.

Adminullahs pls consider requesting postor "agupta"ji (as in Non-Gupta?) to change handle to avoid confusion with A_Guptaji. hGupta is suppose is sufficiently distinct. Maybe a numerical scheme is better: A-Gupta (no change), then Gupta000000002, Gupta000000003.. (number can be quite high..) :mrgreen:
Roop
BRFite

Post by Roop »

UlanBatori wrote:If I may wander into a rotten-tomato-throwing contest...
Ah come on, Ulan mian, tell the truth. You love wandering into these food-fights. It gives you a chance to battle-test your latest DRDO-issued chaff and flare dispensers. :D