J&K Union Territory-2019

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Re: J&K Union Territory-2019

Post by UlanBatori »

Noise is ramping up: all focused on rats in Soura.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

If the ongoing never-ending stream of Trump scandals and lies that proceed with next-to-zero consequences except some occasional court rulings hasn't taught you that the New York Times, Washington Post, NPR are toothless, then nothing ever will.

Second thing to notice that for things Indian, none of these are primary sources. When they do a good job as a secondary source, applaud them; when they don't, point out concisely where and how they are wrong. You have primary sources to help you with that. That is, if you care that they get trained to carry unslanted info. about India. It is by such methods that marginalized groups in the US have gotten improved coverage.
menon s
BRFite

Post by menon s »

Reports suggest the main area of trouble is the Soura area near Srinagar.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

Ummah has gone to the pigs:
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/k ... 2019-08-24
Kashmir is India's internal matter: Maldives tells Pakistan
The Maldives also urged both countries to resolve their differences amicably.

Male, August 24, 2019
The Maldives on Friday backed India on Kashmir, telling Pakistan that New Delhi's decision to revoke special status of Jammu and Kashmir was its internal matter. The Maldives also urged both countries to resolve their differences amicably.
In a statement, the Maldives Foreign Affairs Ministry said that Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid received a telephone call from his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Friday afternoon. Qureshi briefed Shahid on the developments in Jammu and Kashmir and conveyed the views of the Pakistan government on the decision of the Indian government to repeal Article 370 of the Indian Constitution.
Shahid told Qureshi that "both Pakistan and India are close friends and bilateral partners of the Maldives and stressed the importance of resolving differences between countries amicably through peaceful means".
Gautam
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=2373674
pankajs wrote:All we heard at first was "US notes India has stated that it is an Internal matter" followed by the latest off the record "It is an Internal matter for India" and folks are unable to digest an US president flopping around.

Are we this insecure?
US has again adjusted its last statement.
https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1165138047555514368
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

Just in: Ahead of Modi Trump one on one, US calls abrogation of Article 370 India's internal decision. Says President Trump is calling on Pakistan to prevent the infiltration of militants across. Adds, mediation only if India accepts the offer
The last bit has been emphasized because the bakis and lot of Indian fibrals have been focused on the word "mediation".

The "off the record" "internal matter" has now become "on the record" and "internal decision". Again note the waiting game played by the Americans. I don't mean to derive negative or positive connotation but just to keep a note of the sequence and the timeline. Theek hai.

With that France, UK and US have officially declared A.370/35A related change "internal" to India. Russians haven't specifically commented on A.370/35A but have offered broad support for the Indian position.

If GOI can maintain the calm in J&K for the next 6 months the new status quo will part of the baseline for the world on any future discussion on J&K and thus irrelevant. It also makes it a "now or never" period for the bakis. Be prepared for bakis to make some kind of play given what is at stake for them.
Lisa
BRFite

Post by Lisa »

What timing, Arun Jaitley passes away on the same day as puppus trip to Kashmir. Cannot find a single news-wire covering his trip.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Papputrip news for Lisaji (not giving url). Gist is that AirIndia/Al-lie-Air Announcement came:
Swagat, Welcome to Srinagar. Dear VIPs please stay on board, your connecting flight to New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport will be leaving from this terminal in 1 hour. In fact from this Gate. On this very plane, for your convenience. So no need to remove baggage. Hope u have a pleasant journey. Please move your asses when the cleaners come on board the plane, thank you.
:mrgreen:
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Day 19 over. Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAARmal. Several terrorists sent back at LOC. 4 or 5 sent back at Srinagar Airport. :rotfl:
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

i just got a call from srinagar from the houseboat i frequent from his landline no. the land lines have come up almost whole of J&K except some areas. the boatowner said few groups of tourists have also arrived !! which kind of surprised me. he said though no one ventures out at night though no such restrictions in the lake..
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

manjgu wrote:i just got a call from srinagar from the houseboat i frequent from his landline no. the land lines have come up almost whole of J&K except some areas. the boatowner said few groups of tourists have also arrived !! which kind of surprised me. he said though no one ventures out at night though no such restrictions in the lake..
That is welcome news. What is that Amit Tyagi fellow tweeting about then? Looks like a lot of people who perhaps are well meaning, do not get the real info, still spreading FUD inadvertently.
Primus
BRFite

Post by Primus »

CRamS wrote:
Mort Walker wrote: Please don't post links from NPR. They are nothing more than deceit with dignity. They put one report out, and then a whole host of others which are complete trash. Their India correspondent, Lauren Frayer, is a liar know-nothing liberal blond-bimbo dipshit with a humanities degree. She and NPR have their own agenda. The US taxpayer should not be paying a single penny for such trash reporting.
I agree with some parts of what you say. NPR is a pompous US-centric propaganda machine with a veneer of objectivity. I doubt they have an agenda. As Rajiv MalhotraJi explains more lucidly, they are of the liberal genre for sure, but just like conservative RW outlets like Fox, both uphold primacy of the US empire and western tribalism but through different means. I have long stopped listening to NPR. That link was from Rahul Pandita's twitter line.

Better yet, the GoI should cancel her visa. Period. Go back.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Both Indians as well as 'international community' hang India by its democracy albatross. GoI cannot raise a little finger at a Paki stooge like Sheila Rashid puking and plotting against India from within, because we are a democracy onlee and anybody can p!ss on India without fear of consequences, what to speak of an all American blonde like Frayer. Trump, whatever gripe he might have for NPR, will call ModiJi and demand answers.
I used to be an NPR supporter for nearly 30 yrs and it always pained me that their coverage of anything Indian was so negative. After the rise of BJP, it became worse. I realized it is all agenda driven especially where India is concerned. Their pro-Zionist bias of course has always been obvious, but I was able to look beyond that.

Stopped sending them money a few years ago. I actually don't even listen to them now, spending my time on podcasts which are so much better value.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

manjgu wrote:i just got a call from srinagar from the houseboat i frequent from his landline no. the land lines have come up
Serious pooch: How do houseboats have landline? Cordless access goes across Dal Lake from phone base on dock, or guy phones from his land-home? In Mongolia cordless reaches maybe 30m, but I thought Dal lake was a lot bigger.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Main news now is that Pappu :(( that things cannot be naarmal because they slammed the door on Pappu and Commies. In other "news", wisely, Terroristan also cancelled the "symbolic effort to enter J&K" by terrorist "reporters".
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Harsh Mander II?
or competition to Pappu/Tharoor?
I am beginning to see that the IAS is very seriously contaminated. Mugged History from the Kerala Social Studies SSLC textbook.
I have a feeling that MAD will be getting seriosly bissed at the IAS. Nirmala Seetharaman firing a whole bunch on her first day, maybe had something to do with this. More to come I am sure.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

the landlines have been restored. ulanbatori ji...pl go to a houseboat and see how they have landlines.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

sanjaykumar wrote:I expect the Baluchistan front to hot up before/when communications are restored in J&K.
What is this expectation based on? I find that I have no information, not even questionable information on what India may be doing in Baluchistan. I have a lot of wishful thinking, however.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

manjgu wrote:the landlines have been restored. ulanbatori ji...pl go to a houseboat and see how they have landlines.
After I go to the Far Side of the Moon and see how Chandrayaan lands, maybe?
From your answer I gather that the houseboats do not move, being entombed in the garbage and pakistan that they have generated over the decades?
Last edited by UlanBatori on 24 Aug 2019 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

pankajs wrote:cross post
--
https://twitter.com/sidhant/status/1164877836261429251
Sidhant Sibal @sidhant

Breaking: UK formally says it "did not support any UNSC statement" after UNSC consultative meet last friday; adds, India Pak issues should be resolved bilaterally & "neither do we seek to mediate."
Hopefully diplos are also reaching out to that ass Corbyn and setting him straight. He could well become UK PM one of these days.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Must have taken quite a bit of khulji in Whitehall b4 that statement came out. Maybe MAD called up the British HC in Dilli and asked whether they were still getting their monthly shipment of Johny Walker, and would like to keep getting it.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

KLNMurthy wrote:Hopefully diplos are also reaching out to that ass Corbyn and setting him straight. He could well become UK PM one of these days.
His MPs have been busy slandering India these past few weeks. The one from Bradford who was gushing over "tea" with Im the Dim not so long ago even shot off a letter to UAE ruler asking him not to bestow Zayed medal upon PM Narendra Modi.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

UlanBatori wrote:Must have taken quite a bit of khulji in Whitehall b4 that statement came out. Maybe MAD called up the British HC in Dilli and asked whether they were still getting their monthly shipment of Johny Walker, and would like to keep getting it.
british pr!cks are getting smaller by the generation and the pun is intended.

the existential panic mounts as brexit looms larger as it gets closer.

the Zayed medal was conferred because India cannot just be ignored now.
KLNMurthy
BRF Oldie

Post by KLNMurthy »

CRamS wrote:
Mort Walker wrote: Please don't post links from NPR. They are nothing more than deceit with dignity. They put one report out, and then a whole host of others which are complete trash. Their India correspondent, Lauren Frayer, is a liar know-nothing liberal blond-bimbo dipshit with a humanities degree. She and NPR have their own agenda. The US taxpayer should not be paying a single penny for such trash reporting.
I agree with some parts of what you say. NPR is a pompous US-centric propaganda machine with a veneer of objectivity. I doubt they have an agenda. As Rajiv MalhotraJi explains more lucidly, they are of the liberal genre for sure, but just like conservative RW outlets like Fox, both uphold primacy of the US empire and western tribalism but through different means. I have long stopped listening to NPR. That link was from Rahul Pandita's twitter line.

Better yet, the GoI should cancel her visa. Period. Go back.
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Both Indians as well as 'international community' hang India by its democracy albatross. GoI cannot raise a little finger at a Paki stooge like Sheila Rashid puking and plotting against India from within, because we are a democracy onlee and anybody can p!ss on India without fear of consequences, what to speak of an all American blonde like Frayer. Trump, whatever gripe he might have for NPR, will call ModiJi and demand answers.
Actually, where it mattered, the "democracy albatross', the "non-violence albatross" and various other birdies have proven ineffective. Like in op Vijay (the original one), op Polo, and on and on.

In India's democracy, and under the constitution, there are perfectly legal grounds for arresting the Shehlas and the Faesals. Babus have wide powers when it comes to maintaining public order and harmony.

All the Democracy is in Danger blather is for those who take a mindless approach, which is most people. But GoI and its pro Babus can't go around spending its resources in placating the mindless. They will work with fellow pros on the other side and tell them what's what.

Our Twitter army is there for dealing with the mindless.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

UlanBatori wrote:
manjgu wrote:i just got a call from srinagar from the houseboat i frequent from his landline no. the land lines have come up
Serious pooch: How do houseboats have landline? Cordless access goes across Dal Lake from phone base on dock, or guy phones from his land-home? In Mongolia cordless reaches maybe 30m, but I thought Dal lake was a lot bigger.

Houseboats do not move and are stationed on the corner of the lake with physical wires for electricity and phones.
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

SBajwa wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Serious pooch: How do houseboats have landline? Cordless access goes across Dal Lake from phone base on dock, or guy phones from his land-home? In Mongolia cordless reaches maybe 30m, but I thought Dal lake was a lot bigger.

Houseboats do not move and are stationed on the corner of the lake with physical wires for electricity and phones.
unlike the kerala houseboats which actually move from place to place
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

While these things are scheduled much in advance still the timing couldn't have been better.

https://twitter.com/gauravcsawant/statu ... 7452299265
GAURAV C SAWANT @gauravcsawant
#OrderOfZayed awarded to @PMOIndia @narendramodi. #UAE. Taking India-UAE mutually beneficial relations forward (Result of strong foreign policy: World stands with India on the landmark decision to integrate J&K & abrogate sections of #Article370. State sponsor of terror isolated)

There are 4 distinct audience here.

1. The Kashmiris
2. The Bakis
3. The rest of the Indians but especially the Muslims
4. The rest of the world that is following up on Kashmir
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Gets better. Quoting Pappuji:
But unfortunately we were not allowed to go beyond the airport. The press people with us were mishandled, beaten :eek: :mrgreen: . It's clear that things are not normal in Jammu and Kashmir," he added.
Gautam_2
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Gautam_2 »

Interesting video from 2016.

Owaisi challenges swami to remove 370 as BJP had coalition with PDP in J&K. Swami says parliament can via president, has nothing to do with kashmir assembly. Owaisi disagrees.

Later, Owaisi suggests there should be daily hearings in SC over ayodhya (which swami endorses enthusiastically.)
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Indian Express:restrictions-lifted-from-most-of-kashmir-situation-improving-gradually-govt
traffic movement increased on Saturday and attendance in offices also improved. However, public transport remained off roads and markets in the Valley were shut for the 20th day. Vendors have put up stalls in Batamaloo and Lal Chowk areas of Srinagar.
A day after authorities had imposed curbs on movement of people in the Valley in view of Friday prayers, restrictions were lifted from most of Kashmir on Saturday. Day-time restrictions have been lifted from 69 police station areas in the Valley, J&K Principal Secretary Rohit Kansal was quoted as saying by PTI.
Advertising

Officials said traffic movement increased on Saturday and attendance in offices also improved. However, public transport remained off roads and markets in the Valley were shut for the 20th day. Vendors have put up stalls in Batamaloo and Lal Chowk areas of Srinagar.

The curbs notwithstanding, Kansal said, the total dispatch of fruits this year has been 1.20 lakh metric tonnes against 89,000 metric tonnes during the corresponding period last year.

Kansal, who is the administration’s spokesperson, told PTI that about 1,500 primary schools and 1,000 middle schools have reopened since August 5 when the Centre withdrew the special status of Jammu and Kashmir and reorganised the state into two Union territories — Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh. But the attendance of students has remained thin.
.. security forces are maintaining a close watch and local disturbances were being handled at the local level. Incidents of protests and stone pelting have declined steadily in the past one week. “Three incidents were reported on August 21 and two on August 22,” he said..... restoration of landline telephone services is being reviewed continuously and eight new exchanges — comprising 5,300 phones — are likely to be restored “over the weekend”. ...endeavour is to restore landline phones in the 69 police station areas form where day-time restrictions have been lifted, he said.
Restrictions were imposed in view of the Friday congregational prayers and separatists’ call for a march to the office of the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan in Sonawar. Officials said the situation remained peaceful on Friday.

(With inputs from PTI)

Situation NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARmal
Pssst: What happened with the Fridin threat to march to Daphtar-Yoo-Enn? Found that Yoo Enn was off to Switzerland?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Times of India: NOTHING on website front on "Jay and Kay".
But.. India stops sharing hydrological data with Pakistan
Taking the offensive, India has refused to renew its 1989 ag ..
The agreement, a result of an earlier India’s goodwill gesture.. was renewed every year ..
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst

Union Jal Shakti (water resources) minister Gajendra Singh said that "work has already started to stop the flow that goes into Terroristan and insted use it for Indian farmers' needs. .. Intent to fully utilize India's share of water.
Pakistan's share will be used to float headless corpses of terrorists down to Karachi.

Also, good news: Dimran to shut up.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 790523.cms
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

pankajs wrote:There are 4 distinct audience here.

1. The Kashmiris
2. The Bakis
The bakis are very visibly hurt. While Zam Zam HamIED accepts that bakis have been defeated by India and dishing out some truths @ 5:00, @7:35 & @10:20 & @13:15

There are other video but consider this a representative of the RR on Baki TV.

The Kashmiris would be watching one of the stalwarts of GCC/Arab Word/Muslim World awarding its highest award to PM Modi on DD on loop for the full next week.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Great prospects for selling TV sets in Soura and Baramula
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

Desperate pakistani foreign minister caught lying about Makdivian statement on Kashmir.

Even as Pakistan has been trying to rake up Kashmir issues globally, the country now finds itself sparring over with the Maldives over statements made Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi's conversation with his Maldivian counterpart Abdulla Shahid.

Qureshi had spoken to Foreign Minister on Friday during which Male had made it clear that abrogation of Article 370 was India's internal matter.

A statement from Maldives foreign ministry said, "Minister Shahid stated that the Maldives viewed the decision taken by India regarding Article 370 of the Indian Constitution as an internal matter."

This has been denied by the Pakistani foreign minister Qureshi during a press conference in Islamabad.

In a direct question by WION during the press conference on the Maldives calling the removal of special status for Jammu and Kashmir an internal decision of India, Pakistani foreign minister said, "During my conversation with Maldives FM, there was no mention or talk about this."

The Maldives foreign ministry immediately reacted and said, "MOFA statement following the telephone conversation is very clear on our position." :rotfl:

The development comes even as Sri Lankan President's office came out with a statement after Pakistan high commission had wrongly attributed a statement on President Maithripala Sirisena and the Pakistani high commissioner's meet.

The Pakistani high commissioner to Sri Lanka on Tuesday met President at the request of the former to brief him of India's internal decision of 5th August.

A statement issued by Pakistan high commission in Colombo said President Sirisena "offered Sri Lanka's mediation and facilitation of dialogue between Pakistan and India to reactive the SAARC forum."

This was contradicted by Sri Lankan President's office, who said, "President stated that both India and Pakistan have excellent friendly relations with Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka's interest is to see the growth of regional cooperation and friendship"

Adding, " The president did not make any other comment on the issues pertaining to India and Pakistan"

India's neighbours in the region have backed New Delhi on its 5th August decision to repeal special status for Jammu and Kashmir. While Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and the Maldives have called it an internal decision, Nepal and Afghanistan have called it a bilateral issue between New Delhi and Islamabad.
Vips
BRF Oldie

Post by Vips »

pankajs wrote:
pankajs wrote:There are 4 distinct audience here.

1. The Kashmiris
2. The Bakis
The bakis are very visibly hurt. While Zam Zam HamIED accepts that bakis have been defeated by India and dishing out some truths @ 5:00, @7:35 & @10:20 & @13:15

The Kashmiris would be watching one of the stalwarts of GCC/Arab Word/Muslim World awarding its highest award to PM Modi on DD on loop for the full next week.
Zaid Hamid in his frustration crossed the red line and said (6:00 onwards) that the reason Arab sheikhs and the prince are supporting India is because these prince are living a very sinful life and India has compromised them and is blackmailing these Arabs. Seems Lal Topi has forgotten the treatment he got in Saudi Jail. Time now for Saudi/UAE to crack the whip and have this Porki arrested as soon as he travels to any GCC country to complete his prison term and get the lashing's that he was pardoned for.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Bakis are also incensed that while Kashmir is under lock-down Modi is going around the world as if nothing has happened. It is too damaging for their self worth.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Ah yes, GCC/ KSA tend to be a bit less forgiving than GOI about ppl caught criticizing/dissing them in public. Accusations of Sinfulness against His Majesty the Sheikh? :eek: :shock: Intolerable. 100 lashes b4 beheading.
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

SBajwa wrote:
UlanBatori wrote: Serious pooch: How do houseboats have landline? Cordless access goes across Dal Lake from phone base on dock, or guy phones from his land-home? In Mongolia cordless reaches maybe 30m, but I thought Dal lake was a lot bigger.

actually majority of the houseboats are NOT moored to the edge/shore of the lake. The ones in jhelum are moored to the shore. The houseboat i visit is on a island inside the lake. There are poles which carry electricity/phone wires to houseboats. there are many islands inside the lake and other man made structres will support the electricity/phone infra.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

What is the point of living on the houseboat if it doesn't go anywhere? Also, doesn't the lake freeze in winter?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

IndiaTodin's reporter bibi got physically pushed out of airport, beyond glass doors where other papparazzi were located. Fast movement by Polis, came leaping over the barriers and covered the lens of their camera b4 reporter-bibi found herself surrounded by properly-attired Polis wimmens, and herded right out of there.

Obviously they take "news blackout" very seriously. Laughter of Democracy onlee

RaGA/INC netas :(( that Governor invited them, then detained them. I wonder what happened there: did the Guv really invite them, and then did they pull some stunt so that security overruled and sent them back?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

UlanBatori wrote:What is the point of living on the houseboat if it doesn't go anywhere? Also, doesn't the lake freeze in winter?
And then where do they go to Pakistan then?
ldev
BRF Oldie

Post by ldev »

pankajs wrote: The bakis are very visibly hurt. While Zam Zam HamIED accepts that bakis have been defeated by India and dishing out some truths @ 5:00, @7:35 & @10:20 & @13:15

Wow!! This is quite a rant by Zaid Hamid. He has called the Gulf Arab Royalty sinful, being blackmailed by India and not true Muslims, only true Muslims according to him are the stone throwing Palestinians, Kashmiris and Yemenis. and the Gulf rulers are prostrating themselves before Modi and Hindus :shock: He says the Gulf Arabs and the OIC has failed Pakistan. That Pakistan should establish an alliance with Turkey and Malaysia and forget about the Arabs. He is mad that the Gulf which Pakistan regarded as it's backyard is now enthralled with India :lol: That India has completely defeated Pakistan diplomatically!!.